Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/19/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Apr. 19 – The Political View with Sen. Mazie Hirono (Author, “Heart of Fire”)

Tuesday, Apr. 20 – Maria Bakalova (Oscar nominee, “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm”)

Wednesday, Apr. 21 — Rickie Lee Jones (Author, “Last Chance Texaco”)

Thursday, Apr. 22 — Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Apr. 23 — Day of Hot Topics

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm assuming Rickie Lee Jones is not the 'Chuck E.'s in Love' Rickie Lee Jones from the '70s.

After doing a search online because I didn't know who they were I found the Rickie Lee Jones you mentioned who will be a guest this week. She's written a memoir apparently.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Jaded said:

After doing a search online because I didn't know who they were I found the Rickie Lee Jones you mentioned who will be a guest this week. She's written a memoir apparently.

OK, thanks.  When I saw the listing as 'author' and not 'singer,' I though maybe there was another Ricky Lee Jones.

5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Dang it. The one day I wanted to watch this week. 

If  you have Hulu it will be uploaded. But probably not till late.  They used to upload episodes in the evening but since they came back after the holidays they haven't been on till after I go to bed. I watch it in the morning before I go to work.

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, TheView said:

I hope Mazie goes after Meghan for going after her  

Quite the opposite. MeAgain asked her about returning to the Senate after cancer treatment a few years back and Maizie got emotional about John McCain welcoming her back and giving her a kiss. 

Also, MeAgain admitted today that her mother has told her to lighten up on the Royals, as she is a fan. So Cindy does give MeAgain guidance, she just doesn't follow it.

Today MeAgain referred to protesting as an American past-time and she was not being sarcastic.

Err GIF

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

That is such a white privileged thing for her to say. Not surprised but still.

It was part of a rambling word salad regarding Maxine Waters' comments and MeAgain wanted to put out there that Waters' comments would cause violence. And she  said that so-called peaceful protesting from last summer was looting and burning businesses, and that is bad politics for the Dems. But then she must have remembered that her PR people told her not to say racist things anymore. So she said this as part of saying she was all for protesting: "I believe in protesting, I believe in peaceful protesting, all day and every day as an integral part of an American past-time..." 

Whoopi countered with 99% of people who protest are not violent. She was not happy with either Sara's or MeAgain's  comments re Waters.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, bannana said:

Quite the opposite. MeAgain asked her about returning to the Senate after cancer treatment a few years back and Maizie got emotional about John McCain welcoming her back and giving her a kiss. 

Also, MeAgain admitted today that her mother has told her to lighten up on the Royals, as she is a fan. So Cindy does give MeAgain guidance, she just doesn't follow it.

Today MeAgain referred to protesting as an American past-time and she was not being sarcastic.

Err GIF

Cindy needs to tell Meghan to lighten up period, especially toward her elders! How would Cindy like it if some brat less than half her age was constantly rude and snappy toward her? 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

It was part of a rambling word salad regarding Maxine Waters' comments and MeAgain wanted to put out there that Waters' comments would cause violence. And she  said that so-called peaceful protesting from last summer was looting and burning businesses, and that is bad politics for the Dems. But then she must have remembered that her PR people told her not to say racist things anymore. So she said this as part of saying she was all for protesting: "I believe in protesting, I believe in peaceful protesting, all day and every day as an integral part of an American past-time..." 

Whoopi countered with 99% of people who protest are not violent. She was not happy with either Sara's or MeAgain's  comments re Waters.

Hmmm..gee I don't recall the Founding Fathers protesting quietly or even peacefully. So again, she can just STFU because clearly, like Born Again Barbie stated that Kapernick should have been protesting "quietly" as not to "cause any" trouble. Uh-huh.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan has made it perfectly clear she does not like people of color protesting. She criticized Colin K for peacefully protesting. And criticized BLM protests. But when a bunch of white people were protesting mask mandates she implored us to understand and respect them.  

7 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan has made it perfectly clear she does not like people of color protesting. She criticized Colin K for peacefully protesting. And criticized BLM protests. But when a bunch of white people were protesting mask mandates she implored us to understand and respect them.  

Sounds about racist!

• Love 7

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/meghan-mccain-bemoans-rhetoric-around-e2-80-98mostly-peaceful-e2-80-99-demonstrations-whoopi-goldberg-reminds-her-that-most-protestors-e2-80-98are-not-violent-e2-80-99/ar-BB1fPb4b?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Article about Whoopi's reaction to MeAgain's comments protests.

Toward the end of a discussion Monday about Waters’ comments encouraging demonstrators to “stay on the street” if Derek Chauvin is acquitted in his trial for the death of George Floyd, McCain brought up political polling showing that rhetoric about “mostly peaceful protesting” didn’t play well with Democrats among suburban women. McCain finished by saying although she believed in “peaceful protesting all day every day, it’s an integral part of an American pastime, I think the second it becomes violent, you lose a lot of people on the message that is really really important right now.”

• Love 1

I thought it was so interesting that MeAgain was giving Dems advice on what not to do--didn't she say just in the last week or so that Repubs don't need any advice? But she is happy to provide it to Dems.

Also that she turned a non-political topic into one about politics. Yes, Waters is a Senator but the topic was broader than that. And she really does fancy herself a pundint, because she could not wait to give her political analysis as if she had some amazing intel or insight.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

I thought it was so interesting that MeAgain was giving Dems advice on what not to do--didn't she say just in the last week or so that Repubs don't need any advice? But she is happy to provide it to Dems.

MeAgain often gives unsolicited advice to Dems.  I wish one of her cohosts would say "Dems don't need any advice" every single time she does it.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Looks like I missed a whole lot of nothing today - that's a good thing. And I missed VYD , and saved a ton of money by not shopping the garage sale! That's an even better thing.

Oh no you don't get off that easy! VYD is on tomorrow's show!

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Cindy needs to tell Meghan to lighten up period, especially toward her elders! How would Cindy like it if some brat less than half her age was constantly rude and snappy toward her? 

Maybe that's why they've stayed hundreds of miles apart during the pandemic. Mother McCain didn't want to be around the brat less than half her age who was constantly rude and snappy to her ! 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Mimi said:

Half way through the repeat it looks like it’s current now. They are all wearing different clothes.

This was not what I saw at all.  The new show started with the announcer saying, "An all new View..."  I was able to watch the entire show. 

I'm in the Central Time zone.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hmmm..gee I don't recall the Founding Fathers protesting quietly or even peacefully. So again, she can just STFU because clearly, like Born Again Barbie stated that Kapernick should have been protesting "quietly" as not to "cause any" trouble. Uh-huh.

I wonder what Megan would have said about the civil rights movement or the protests against Vietnam had she been alive back then.  She has no clue and needs to shut the hell up..

• Love 13

I saw a clip on YOUTUBE from today's show in which they discussed the controversy over Hollywood / Broadway producer Scott Rudin. I'm familiar with this controversy since the story broke about two weeks ago, and Goldberg was part of the report. Goldberg had no comment on the report when it was published, and today she didn't say anything either (all she did was introduce the topic messing about Olivo's name, and asked each host what they thought - but Goldberg didn't share much of what she thought).

For those not familiar with the report and what was said about Rudin and Goldberg:

In one exchange with fellow EGOT Whoopi Goldberg, he lambasted her because she wanted to play a part in To Kill a Mockingbird instead of another Rudin-produced project, the film adaptation of Aleshea Harris' acclaimed play Is God Is. He called her an idiot, said she'd never work again in anything important and wished her luck on The View. Goldberg declined to comment.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/everyone-just-knows-hes-an-absolute-monster-scott-rudins-ex-staffers-speak-out-on-abusive-behavior

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I wonder what Megan would have said about the civil rights movement or the protests against Vietnam had she been alive back then.  She has no clue and needs to shut the hell up..

Well, Meghan probably doesn't care, because, y'know - SHE wasn't alive then!!!  

Seriously, though, she probably would not have been supportive of either of those two things.  Meghan is always a conservative, right wing person, and in support of the military.  She is also a privileged white woman, so civil rights would not have been an issue that would have interested or concerned her, had she been alive at that time.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

ttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/everyone-just-knows-hes-an-absolute-monster-scott-rudins-ex-staffers-speak-out-on-abusive-behavior

WOW!  WHAT AN ASSHOLE!  I felt my anxiety rising just by reading the article...

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Because they edit out what they can of the arguments. Largely for McCan't's sake, I believe.

I almost always watch on Hulu and it's true. I have read about things that happened live here on this board and when I watch it on Hulu it's missing.  

Why anyone feels it's necessary to not show Meghan as she really is is beyond me.  But you know this isn't the first time a blond Republican has been protected on the View.  I can remember trying to find clips of some of Elisabeth Hasselbeck's worst moments and they all seem to be missing.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

WOW!  WHAT AN ASSHOLE!  I felt my anxiety rising just by reading the article...

Rudin was behind the multi-successful Broadway revival of "Hello Dolly" starring Bette Midler in 2017-18. Midler has remained quiet about Rudin and his work behavior. Rudin is also behind the upcoming revival of 'The Music Man' starring Hugh Jackman - another big celebrity who has remained silent.

Now remember - this has been going on forever, it's not something new - yet Goldberg said in interviews a few years ago that she would love to be part of the revival when Midler was leaving, and Behar said on the show the role was offered to her.  So Goldberg was willing to work with Rudin in 2017 and again in 2019 for TKAM  (most likely knowing what his work reputation was all about), and Behar said she didn't want to be in the musical, yet never mentioned his awful behavior and not wanting to work with someone like him (until yesterday).

• Useful 1

The discussion about Howard U dropping classes about the classics, I wonder if it was a situation of not enough students signing up for the classes. I can’t imagine the univ not teaching western philosophy and literature, but rather changing course syllabi to include a more diverse range of thought. I think people are getting worked up over something that hasn’t been properly explained. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Maybe that's why they've stayed hundreds of miles apart during the pandemic. Mother McCain didn't want to be around the brat less than half her age who was constantly rude and snappy to her ! 😄

Wondering how much parenting had to do with the  making of the brat?  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I thought today's show would never end. It was so long and drawn-out, and they didn't have much to say. Such a short tribute to Mondale, and Meganutz had to include the holy "MyFather" but never mentioned Palin by name. Hmmmmm. 

Walter Mondale deserved a better tribute, he was a man ahead of his time who never compromised his beliefs...

• Love 16

“I have a great fondness for people that run for president and lose.”

Really? Everyone that’s run and lost? I guess there’s one glaring exception to your rule, huh, Meg?

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I’m just watching yesterday’s show on YouTube and am wondering what MeAgain’s shirt says. I’ve done google lens with just text showing and just brings me to t- shirts.  I do believe posters there read here or are posters. Just saying. 
Sunnys opinion on what the verdict may be makes me anxious. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

“I have a great fondness for people that run for president and lose.”

Really? Everyone that’s run and lost? I guess there’s one glaring exception to your rule, huh, Meg?

I wonder if she'd have that 'great fondness' for Presidential losers if the 2008 election ended up differently ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This is from the Washington Post article that Meghan referenced:

Long after Douglass’s encounters with these ancient thinkers, the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. would be similarly galvanized by his reading in the classics as a young seminarian — he mentions Socrates three times in his 1963 “Letter From Birmingham Jail.”

And here I thought Sunny knew that because she was so gol' darn smart!  (At least Meghan gave credit where credit was due. LOL!)