Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Throuple Trouble

• Start Topic

Daisy remains at odds with Gary and Natasha, feeling a lack of support from all directions. When Parsifal arrives in the picturesque port of Hvar, Captain Glenn and the deck team have to move quickly to pull off a challenging docking. Daisy jumps through hoops to plan an extravagant proposal for Barrie and Scott. Flirtations between Dani and Jean-Luc continue to build. A lunch service under sail sends plates flying, but Natasha rallies and finally gets a compliment from the particular primary, Barrie. A tense tip meeting puts everyone on the defensive. And a drunken, late-night skinny-dipping session sends Gary, Alli, and Sydney overboard.

Airdate: 04.05.2021

Is it me or are these crew people very hard to understand this episode.

Barrie falling off that paddleboard was hilarious.  They are so obnoxious with the food.

Nice docking job in Hvar.  Didn't look all that scenic to me.

Gary gets more annoying every episode.  Alli? needs to get away from him but won't see it.

Little Miss Lips can't handle her vodka.  😎  LOL

Sailing and eating seems like a bad idea.

Whoa!  Lousy tip and a quick turnaround.

I'm with Daisy.  There are 4 deckhands and they don't look very busy except when docking or sailing.  Interior only has three and their workload almost doubled with the extra guests. 

Even Natasha was bearable, mostly.  She's stretched too with the extra guests.  Smart to not party with the gang.

I smell trouble from the skinny dipping event.

• Love 10

I missed the tip meeting - how much did they leave?  Something tells me it wasn't what it should have been.

I am finding this show extremely boring this season - no real chemistry, good or bad, between the crew members, and it all just seems so forced.  And, I'm not really liking any one of the crew, except for maybe the chief engineer guy (Colin-?).

Does anyone know if the crew are required to stay onboard this season, during their "off hours", maybe due to Covid restrictions?  I don't think they've gone out off the ship at all yet.

• Love 8

Can you imagine what drunk and surly Rachel would have to say about Gary? Thinking about that has me softening my opinion of her. I want to see that!!

Can you imagine the hellfire that would rain down if three very drunk crew jumped in the water late at night under Captain Lee’s command?

Barrie’s new fiancé says he wants to be a part of it (assuming the big complicated family) but his eyes and actions didn’t match his words.

And Saffron celebrates her father and former boyfriend’s engagement by drinking herself sick. Vodka, Sambuca, and Absinthe? I’m sick thinking about it!

i like Daisy with her crew, relaxing and having fun but angry Daisy could improve her communication skills. Did she talk over Glenn or was that the editing?

Mussels again Natasha? Shades of beef cheeks.

Dani and JL are cute. His smile in the confessional after kissing her was so cute! His sincere interest in her is great. I LOVE her “let’s have fun” attitude! Compare and contrast with Sydney who maintains her streak of embarrassing herself every episode. And for Gary??Yuck!!

• Love 16
(edited)
10 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

The chef sucks,  zero creativity.  I feel bad for the guests....

Natasha did not even plate anything with any creativity, putting food in large bowls for the guests to serve themselves??!!!

Mussels, steak and lobster, rinse and repeat.  Store bought cakes, promises of ice cream cones and cotton candy but none of those things materialized, if Capt. Lee was on board he would be calling for Ben to come rescue them.  Natasha's ego is way to big for her limited kitchen skills that she has shown on this show.

That ring Barrie gave Saffron's ex BF can be bought on Amazon for $19.99, there are a lot of on Amazon, that guys reaction was as fake as the ring.  You can also get one of those heavily patterned blazers the group wore on to the boat for not much more money.   I have a funny feeling that much of Barrie's life is not quite what it seems.  Anyone want to talk about Barrie's ex and his boyfriend, I got the "rental" vibe from him?

I am still not seeing the attractiveness of any of the crew members, not even the slightest inkling of sex appeal for any of them, not even their intellect, wit, sense of humor, nothing and yet they are crawling all over each other like horny teenagers and I have no idea why.  Does the sea air stunt their maturity level? 

The loud partying would have given us a front row seat to Capt. Lee's ire but wow can Glenn sleep like a rock.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Anyone want to talk about Barrie's ex and his boyfriend, I got the "rental" vibe from him?

Gawd yes. Completely unappealing and low class. That ass slapping exhibition with the daughter after the proposal? Gross.

15 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Natasha did not even plate anything with any creativity, putting food in large bowls for the guests to serve themselves??!!!

totally agree

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Barrie’s boy toy said yes like someone just asked him if he wanted a root canal.

I’m sure it’s just a set up for a SL on their reality show stuff. 

• Love 4

I thought Barrie's boyfriend was going to say no. OK, I was hoping he would.  😈

If a dish is very good, and apparently Leon's beef cheeks were, I think it's smart to serve it to different groups of guests. It's repeating something during one charter that shows lack of creativity to me. Natasha doesn't seem all that flexible, but I loved that she got away with serving food family style.

It seems to me that on other iterations of the show the deck crew hasn't had any problem helping out the interior when needed. Maybe it's different on a sail boat? Regardless, Gary is unpleasant in both looks and personality and Colin seems to want to follow Byron's lead and be the shit stirring engineer.

To me, Captain Lee was pretty much all hat, no cattle. He'd huff and puff to the camera, but he never really read anyone for bad behavior. Glen's style is very different, so I'm interested in seeing if there are any repercussions from the drunken swimming.

• Love 10

What I wouldn't give to see Kate go off at Gary and the deck crew -- minus JL, who does seem to pitch in wherever he's asked without complaint, and Sydney, the naked boat baby, who does seem to work when she's not drunkenly jonesing after Gary.   Team Daisy on this one, since they had 9 charter guests and 3 interior stews.  Deck crew has 3, plus Colin and then Captain Glenn, who doesn't seem to have a problem pitching in.  This particular charter gave zero fucks about the water and the toys, other than the snorkeling on the last day, so the deck crew should have had almost nothing to do as it relates to the guests.  

Speaking of, I thoroughly disliked these guests.  High maintenance, snooty, annoying posers who left a shitty tip.  And really Barrie?  You're going to propose to your boyfriend (and your daughter's former boyfriend) during your ex-husband's birthday party?  Could he not have proposed the night before?  Or was he worried that he would be refused and then have to deal with the after effects for the next day or so into the cruise?  (Didn't that happen on BD OG where someone got refused?) 

Maybe it's the editing monkeys but Gary doesn't seem to work much.  He talks about 14-hour days but every time we see him when he's "working," he's either on a smoke break or he's flirting with Alli.

Speaking of, Alli, I don't know if she's losing her senses over grief or whatever but I thought she was smarter than to try to get involved with Gary.  Why?  Is it because Dani is having a flirtation with JL?  Is she in competition with the naked boat baby?  Is she desperate?  Is it producer manipulation?  After watching what has gone down with Gary and the naked boat baby, she will deserve whatever she gets at this point. 

I do appreciate that JL did not partake in their shenanigans and snapped at Alli (I think) when he was woken up.  When interior was whooping it up in whoever's cabin, it was rude to everyone who was trying to sleep.  

Gary, Alli and the naked boat baby all deserve to be fired for being loud, drunk and then jumping off the boat at 2 a.m., particularly after Glenn told them it was a school night.  Gary especially, since he is a department head.   I think about how Daisy is going to be woken up by Alli and the naked boat baby coming into their cabin at WTF-a.m. -- I hope she goes off on them.  Looks as though Glenn was woken by their behavior so hopefully he will too.  

I still wonder how Hannah was able to fired (at least per Captain Sandy and Malia the Snake) for having legit prescription meds on board but showing up for duty still clearly intoxicated, as well as with sleep deprivation, is okay.  You would think intoxicated/hung over/sleep deprived deckmates/stews is a huge liability.  

I think Dani and JL are cute together and don't seem like a producer set up.

Are we going to have to listen to the naked boat baby question where she stands with Gary EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE?  Somebody please show her footage of Gary telling her their hookup was going to be a one-night stand.  (Although seeing Gary squirm and be super uncomfortable with her stalking is making me gleeful.) 

I appreciate how Captain Glenn explains all the "captaining" to the newbies and lets them steer the yacht.  He really does seem like a cool guy.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Passing Strange said:

If a dish is very good, and apparently Leon's beef cheeks were, I think it's smart to serve it to different groups of guests. It's repeating something during one charter that shows lack of creativity to me. Natasha doesn't seem all that flexible, but I loved that she got away with serving food family style.

To me, Captain Lee was pretty much all hat, no cattle. He'd huff and puff to the camera, but he never really read anyone for bad behavior. Glen's style is very different, so I'm interested in seeing if there are any repercussions from the drunken swimming.

I agree about the beef cheeks. 5 star restaurants have the same specialties on their menus daily for a reason! There were a zillion problems with Leon, but the beef cheeks were never one of them - the guests raved every time. You'd think the stews would be relieved on beef cheek night since it appeared to be a guaranteed guest hit!

I think Lee would absolutely rip into the crew (and fire at least Gary for being the one who should even drunk have understood the danger). Glenn, on the other hand, is pretty laissez faire about the crew's partying, even their using guest cabins for sex. I can definitely see him drawing the line on drunk midnight swims, though. 

I did not see the romance of that place they docked for the proposal (and neither did the prospective groom/the camera crew, since they set up the proposal without all the boat and building clutter behind them.)  What's more romantic than being at sea with the moon and stars above? Or even a lovely deserted cove for a mix of sea and island fragrance? Who's excited by random dock traffic, even if the scene is otherwise picturesque for a few hours?

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Maybe it's the editing monkeys but Gary doesn't seem to work much.  He talks about 14-hour days but every time we see him when he's "working," he's either on a smoke break or he's flirting with Alli.

Or, when he does pitch in to shuck the oysters, eating half of them.  Hey, maybe that's what happened to the missing pita bread on a previous charter!  Natasha did put out twice as much as the guests got, but Gary got to them in the meantime!  

Daisy has never said someone should drop deck work that they're in the middle of to help out.  Gary's an ass.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

Or, when he does pitch in to shuck the oysters, eating half of them.  Hey, maybe that's what happened to the missing pita bread on a previous charter!  Natasha did put out twice as much as the guests got, but Gary got to them in the meantime!  

Daisy has never said someone should drop deck work that they're in the middle of to help out.  Gary's an ass.

Ha ha!  Truth! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Too bad Daisy didn't compliment the two members of the crew who did make an effort to help:  JL who headed into the galley to wash dishes, and Sydney who got stuck cleaning up all the candle wax and flower debris after the proposal.  Better to say thanks to those that helped than slog everyone for not helping.

The shellfish drama continues - how could Natasha have forgotten 10 lbs of mussels!

• Love 12
1 minute ago, meep.meep said:

how could Natasha have forgotten 10 lbs of mussels!

and am I mistaken, but did she serve them mussels three times? Or was the first time ("I could eat this whole bowl myself") the previous guests? In any case, on a couple day trip, I'd be irritated to get the same thing twice, even if it was a different presentation. And "presentation" is being kind. A bowl of mussel curry and a bowl of white rice is not an impressive "presentation."

• Love 5

Rarely have I been so glad to see the back of some guests. Barrie is a terrible person. I was pretty much done with him after he threatened to send one of the twins to fat camp last episode.

I'm having trouble staying awake this season, and last night was particularly boring. I couldn't care a whit about any of these crew members. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Captain Lee was pretty much all hat, no cattle.

I love this saying. He did have some great sayings but was pretty much leave me alone to crew.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, kassa said:

I agree about the beef cheeks. 5 star restaurants have the same specialties on their menus daily for a reason! There were a zillion problems with Leon, but the beef cheeks were never one of them - the guests raved every time. You'd think the stews would be relieved on beef cheek night since it appeared to be a guaranteed guest hit!

I didn't like his attitude, but I'd definitely want those beef cheeks.

• Love 2
(edited)

Chef Natasha would really be a disappointment if I paid the kind of money these people do for a charter. She may have trained at a Michelin star restaurant, but was it only for a week? Her comment about needing to be a Hindu goddess with 8 hands was laughable, just because everyone wants a filet mignon  cooked to a specific level? That’s so basic a charter chef should be able to do that with their eyes closed...literally. I agreed with the primary too regarding the mussels being one portion and that a chef needs to plate everything. She’s trying to make her job easier at the expense of the guests. I’ve known diner chefs with better attitudes.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

I'm having trouble staying awake this season, and last night was particularly boring. I couldn't care a whit about any of these crew members. 

Same here.  I ended up recording it and fast forwarding through most of the drunk  scenes.  Watching them and the guests slugging back shots makes me queasy and I don't find it entertaining. 

Natasha sucks.  Rachel (BD) is nuts but she could run laps around Natasha in the kitchen.  She seems kind of lazy, like with the cotton candy machine.  They sell those for kids they're not that hard to use!  She just didn't want to do it because it would take a lot of time.  She should have tried it first before promising it to the guests. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Chef Natasha would really be a disappointment if I paid the kind of money these people do for a charter. She may have trained at a Michelin star restaurant, but was it only for a week? Her comment about needing to be a Hindu goddess with 8 hands was laughable, just because everyone wants a filet mignon  cooked to a specific level? That’s so basic a charter chef should be able to do that with their eyes closed...literally. I agreed with the primary too regarding the mussels being one portion and that a chef needs to plate everything. She’s trying to make her job easier at the expense of the guests. I’ve known diner chefs with better attitudes.

I give her leeway here because it was nine people. Then Barrie complained it wasn't all out at the same time. I'm also biased about people who want steak well done.

I've been thinking of what I would expect. A plate piled high with fruit in the morning, a properly cooked poached egg and a slice of toast. I like what's available locally that's fresh. Rachel made me excited about food, but Natasha has not. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Natasha sucks.  Rachel (BD) is nuts but she could run laps around Natasha in the kitchen.  She seems kind of lazy, like with the cotton candy machine.  They sell those for kids they're not that hard to use!  She just didn't want to do it because it would take a lot of time.  She should have tried it first before promising it to the guests. 

Even worse was being too lazy to serve the ice cream cones she told them about. Seriously, I was kind of hoping the jackass Barry had called her out at the end. You don't tell guests you will be serving them something and then just not bother because you decide it's too hard. 

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Even worse was being too lazy to serve the ice cream cones she told them about. Seriously, I was kind of hoping the jackass Barry had called her out at the end. You don't tell guests you will be serving them something and then just not bother because you decide it's too hard. 

Especially when you also act all gaslight-y to the person (Daisy) who very reasonably expected you to provide what you had come up with and described to the guests, and who is on the "front line" of serving them face to face, as if she were being unreasonable and bitchy about expecting you to do what you promised!

• Love 16

Was it this ep that the sailing segment made a drawer open in one of the women's cabins and they all tried to squeeze through the crack and finally Dani made it?  That was funny.  I don't see too many of those straight-down-from-the-ceiling shots otherwise--guess it's not always that entertaining to look at people's hair parts--LOL!

• Love 1