Type keyword(s) to search

S05E03: Group A Wildcard Round - Enter the Wildcards!

• Start Topic

Not sure I'm liking the whole Wildcard business, but it is what it is. I thought Tony Danza wasn't a bad guess, but the clues did lean more toward Danny Trejo I thought. It was the correct elimination, no matter how much I like him. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

Not sure I'm liking the whole Wildcard business, but it is what it is. I thought Tony Danza wasn't a bad guess, but the clues did lean more toward Danny Trejo I thought. It was the correct elimination, no matter how much I like him. 

They seemed to forget all the Texas clues from the first episode. It made their guesses all East Coasters. Danny is always filming something in Texas, usually with Robert Rodriguez. He's a sweetheart. I was happy he enjoyed his time on the show, he's game for anything and I just adore that his personality and appearance are so opposite. He's like Keanu-level kind. 

The wildcard is weird because there is no reason to root for them. 

• Love 8

The wildcard is such a weird thing to throw in, he seems to serve no purpose besides getting an extra performer in. Did they just want to add someone else in that they couldn't get last season? 

I am surprised that no one guessed Danny Trejo, I normally suck at guessing who the singers are but I knew Danny's voice this week as soon as he started singing. The time spent in prison, Texas, boxing, it all lined up really well. That was fun, Danny is clearly not a singer but he seemed to be having a blast and he seems like such a fun guy. Perfect for the "early eliminated contestant who isn't a good singer but is a really fun performer" person. 

Nice seeing Joel back again. The joke about Robin's shirt looking like something that the manager of a topless bar would wear made me laugh. That shirt could not be allowed to pass without comment.

• Love 8

I admit, I started to side eye Danny hard when he complimented Jenny on her work concerning autism for "reasons" (ahem.)  Had he lasted longer, they probably would have dropped in a clue that he did do a scene with Donnie on Blue Bloods a few years ago. 

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Nice seeing Joel back again. The joke about Robin's shirt looking like something that the manager of a topless bar would wear made me laugh. That shirt could not be allowed to pass without comment.

The ubiquitous Joel McHale needs to be a permanent panelist already. 

• Love 7

The internet sleuths think Robopine is MC Hammer. I'd love to add input, but I can't find any video of him singing. He talk-sings, like most rappers back then (think LL) but he's 60 in 5 days.

Also, they say Seashell is a Mowry sister. Would have to be Tamera because Seashell married a sports guy. Tamera married a sports commentator. Tia married an actor. All the moving around makes sense, they are double Army brats. Mom and Dad.

I'll be honest, besides Nick Lachey and Hanson, I have no original guesses. But I did get raccoon correct. 

24 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I admit, I started to side eye Danny hard when he complimented Jenny on her work concerning autism for "reasons" (ahem.)

I wanted to, too. But he's chaotic good, so I trust he isn't an anti vaxxer! 

• Love 1

I saw Tony Danza in a Broadway musical and he was a pretty good singer. No way was he going to be the raccoon. I was pretty sure it was going to be Trejo, except I couldn’t believe he was that short.

edit: I think robopine is Harry Shum Jr.

Edited by Rickster
  • Love 2

Yeah, Tony Danza was a ridiculous guess for Raccoon.  Surely at least one of the judges knew he had been on Broadway and no way was Racoon ever there.  I was really surprised no one had Danny as their final guess.  Every season there's at least one contestant where it's fairly obvious yet none of the judges utter that name.   Then when the elimination happens they suddenly ass pull the right name. 

So are the Russian dolls really a 4 person group or is that to throw people off the Hanson trail?  

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

So are the Russian dolls really a 4 person group or is that to throw people off the Hanson trail?  

Between the 3 of them they have 15 kids so if there is a 4th doll, it’s probably one of them.

2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Between the 3 of them they have 15 kids so if there is a 4th doll, it’s probably one of them.

I figured it was a way to throw off the clues.  There IS a fourth Hanson brother but he's not in Hanson (but, he does sing).  

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, Rickster said:

I saw Tony Danza in a Broadway musical and he was a pretty good singer. No way was he going to be the raccoon. I was pretty sure it was going to be Trejo, except I couldn’t believe he was that short.

edit: I think robopine is Harry Shum Jr.

See, I didn't know Tony Danza was on Broadway! I would make a horrible judge....

12 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I admit, I started to side eye Danny hard when he complimented Jenny on her work concerning autism for "reasons" (ahem.) 

It just reminded me that Jenny never should have been hired, and I pray this idiot doesn't open her mouth about COVID-19 vaccines. 

• Love 3

I think Robopine is indeed Jamie Foxx.  Sounds a lot like him.  And there were a lot of "superhero" clues.  He said something about wanting to be a hero.  He is afraid of spiders.  There was a lightning bolt.  Wait for it.... Jamie Foxx played Electro in the Andrew Garfield Spider Man movies!  And is apparently coming back in "No Way Home".  Jamie Foxx has been guessed in every single season of this show and it's only a matter of time until he appears.  I think this is the time.

I still think Squinty McSquint Renee Zellweger for the Seashell (4 Oscar nominations).

14 hours ago, mtlchick said:

The ubiquitous Joel McHale needs to be a permanent panelist already. 

Fully agree.  He is great, I wish they would add him as a permanent panelist.  There's no reason why there can't be five.

1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

Would it be in bad taste to suggest that the show jumped the shark with Orca?

Bad taste or no, still probably accurate... and the snail was simply shark bait.  

19 hours ago, mtlchick said:

It's actually 15 kids when the 4th brother is included. He has 1 kid, the other three have 14.

So when they multiply to 4, it's absolutely to throw off the guesses. I'm sure he can sing enough to make people thing it's a quartet they should be guessing.

ETA: I was wrong, another kid was born since the last time I counted!!! 15 kids among the 3 brothers. Phew!

Edited by BoogieBurns
On 3/25/2021 at 10:08 PM, BoogieBurns said:

I wanted to, too. But he's chaotic good, so I trust he isn't an anti vaxxer! 

As are most anti-vaxxers.  Just because they believe differently than you doesn't make their motivation any less pure or well intentioned.  Being good and misguided/stupid are perfectly capable of coexistence.

As for the show, Tony Danza was a good guess, but he can definitely sing.  Holy cow has he aged badly though.

Edited by areca
  • Love 1

Darn. I thought the Russian Dolls were The Jackson’s, especially after seeing the red jacket with the M on it, and that, a huge tragedy brought them back together again. But, the 4 Jackson’s still performing have a total of 17 children, so I think my guess is garbage worthy!

Should I feel validated that Ken of all people also threw Eddie Murphy's name out there for Robo-pine?    Ken and validated in the same sentence...yikes!   LOL.

The right costume was eliminated once again.

So instead of Group C, we'll be having WILD CARDS.    Okie dokie.

Edited by Meedis
  • Love 1

Doing a marathon of the new season today.  I’ve  never followed this show before, though have been curious.   It’s totally mindless tv that completely takes me out of realty and I ❤️ it!  I have seen Nick on before and hope he returns.