Type keyword(s) to search

Predator and Prey: Assault, harassment, and other aggressions in the entertainment industry

Message added by OtterMommy

The guidelines for this thread are in the first post.  Please familiarize yourself with them and check frequently as any changes or additions will be posted there (as well as in an in-thread post).

• Start Topic

I hate to hear about those Garth Brooks allegations.

A second cousin of mine, who fought a brain tumor from age 6 until she died at 22, was a huge fan. Through a Make-a-Wish type organization, she got to meet him in NYC when he was there for the Rockefeller Center tree lighting. He went way above and beyond what was asked, paying for her and her mom to stay an extra couple of days, setting up a personal shopper and a line of credit for a Bergdorf Goodman shopping spree, and arranging for her to see the tree lighting from a special spot and for her to be in the green room at a talk show he was on(can’t remember which).

Anyway, I was impressed with how kind and generous he was to her. While I’ve never been a country fan, I thought well of him and actually listened to his music. Really hate to hear he may have an incredibly dark side.

• Hugs 5
12 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I saw that earlier and I don't care if he's guilty or not, he already pulled a dick move by trying to have the lawsuit quashed before it was even filed. 

Why is it a "dick move" to want to defend yourself against what you think are & may well end up being unfounded accusations?

I'm not asking if you think he's guilty or innocent, just that comment in general as it seems like you think once someone makes an accusation that should be the end of it & the person is guilty just because.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1