Type keyword(s) to search

Predator and Prey: Assault, harassment, and other aggressions in the entertainment industry

Message added by OtterMommy

The guidelines for this thread are in the first post.  Please familiarize yourself with them and check frequently as any changes or additions will be posted there (as well as in an in-thread post).

• Start Topic

I used to get Michael Madsen and Tom Sizemore mixed up due to them both having issues that would make the news. I didn't know Michael had been arrested for child cruelty until I went to search if he had been arrested for domestic abuse previously.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

Michael Madsen was arrested this weekend for domestic battery (against his wife).  I have it in my head that there was a previous allegation of either domestic abuse or sexual harassment, many years ago, but none of the articles I checked mention it, so I may be mixing him up with another Hollywood asshole.

A quickie google search revealed an LA Times article saying he had two previous arrests, for DUI, and something involving a fight with his own son. 

• Like 3

NBC says prosecutors may be able to file new charges against Weinstein this week.

A New York grand jury has been convened to weigh whether to bring new charges against the disgraced former movie mogul, a source with knowledge of the proceedings told NBC News, adding that a decision could be announced as early as Friday.

Here's hoping...

• Like 10
(edited)
On 9/6/2024 at 12:54 PM, Jaded said:

😑😑😑

Something about her has always bugged me...

Katy Perry defends working with Dr. Luke amid criticism

Come on, he's not the ONLY music producer out there and it's not as though she has zero clout to have connected with anyone else! Is not having had a lawsuit over assault  and harassment which wound up being settled by the defendant considered too high for Miss Perry to have considered re vetting music producers?

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

Come on, he's not the ONLY music producer out there

He's not even the only one out there who can help you have a hit song.   Like, if everyone else were losers, okay, maybe go with him.   But why go with him when you have good options?

• Like 5
On 9/6/2024 at 1:54 PM, Jaded said:

Something about her has always bugged me...

Me, too, but I didn't actively dislike her until the incident with the young guy on American Idol. He was 19 and never been kissed because he was saving his first kiss for when he met someone special. Perry proposed to give him a kiss on the cheek, then turned it into a lip kiss. Although he guy said he didn't think he was harassed, that sure looked like an unwelcome physical advance to me.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Angry 2

A man that sued Diddy over an alleged sexual assault has won a $100 million default judgement.

Derrick Lee Cardello-Smith, 51, accused Combs of drugging him and sexually assaulting him at a party in Detroit, Michigan, in 1997. Lawyers for Combs have denied the allegations.

Cardello-Smith is a convicted felon currently serving a prison sentence and is known for his long history of filing civil lawsuits, according to a local newspaper...

Combs and his lawyers told the BBC they had not been aware of the lawsuit because Combs was not properly served notice of it, and that they will be seeking to vacate Monday's judgment.

Even if it gets dismissed, hah! 

• Useful 5