Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: The Skinny

• Start Topic

Host Sukanya Krishnan takes Whitney, her friends and her family back through some of the most memorable and traumatic moments of the past year. Also, Chase comes face to face with everyone for the first time since the breakup.

• Love 1

I have a feeling that Chase was promised a bonus (or at least was contractually obligated) to appear on this shit show. Because he's got zero reason to show up otherwise. He doesn't owe Whitney anything. He was fulfilling his obligation of playing her fiancé on tv until his real girlfriend got pregnant. Giving Whitney and her barnacles the opportunity to roast him for "wronging" her 

Still debating if I'm going to bother watching at all because there's absolutely nothing that is going to happen that I'm going to care at about. I don't care about Whitney's and Bucky's past hook ups (the stench of desperation is such a turn off). Nor do I care about another whine-fest about how Whitney had her heart broken. I just don't care.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Todd looks different...I can’t figure out why.  Has he gotten his hair thinned out?  Lost weight?

His hair is darker and looks thicker on the top.  Before it was blond on the top, and I think it was thinner, but can't tell if it just looked that way because it was so light or if he's gotten some kind of hair restoration that's actually made that hair thicker.

• Love 4

This is the first time I've seen all the Barnacles on display at the same time.  I sort of knew "friend circles" like this in college where everyone circled around one Queen Bee.  They're exhausting people to be around because they're always all up in each others' bidness. 

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 12

The only person I have sympathy for right now is Ashley. She looks bad (in a sick kind of way). 

What kind of "strain" did quarantine put on their relationship? Well, since Chase's baby mama was already 3+ months pregnant by then...

• Love 8

I have empathy for anyone who has their fiancé cheat and impregnate another woman, but this case doesn’t add up to me. I normally buy in, but not yet on this one.  Sorry if I’m wrong.  I don’t get amusement from another’s pain.  

• Love 2

I hope Chase's betrayal was real for two reasons: one, she kinda deserves it after all her fakery at other times; and two - if she is putting her parents through this crap and it was all fake, that would be very low, even for her.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Brodicea said:

I hope Chase's betrayal was real for two reasons: one, she kinda deserves it after all her fakery at other times; and two - if she is putting her parents through this crap and it was all fake, that would be very low, even for her.

I think it was fake but that Whitney was starting to buy into it. I think Chase was playing his part well enough that she was starting to believe that there WAS a potential future for them. The engagement was probably fake, though. She probably told her parents that it was for the show but that there were real feelings involved. 

1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If it was fake, I think everyone was in on it.  Sure are a lot of tears to be fake though. 

I minored in theater (which Whitney has a degree in) and I can cry on a dime.

But who says the tears are fake? Just because the heartbreak itself may not be real doesn't mean that she may not feel legitimately embarrassed, ashamed, and sad. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

I've been through this exact same thing (except my relationship was real and my ex married his baby mama). Honestly, even if my ex HAD chosen me over the BM I wouldn't have stayed with him. Once you cheat and get another woman pregnant that's kind of the last stop for me. 

• Love 12

Gah,  I detest this woman. Chase was never going to marry her. This whole thing was a huge plot for the season.  I want to scream at my TV. All of the social barnacles and her family are enabling her delusion. So over this sh******.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

The difference is that they're being paid to be in each others' bidness.  I wonder how much they really care about each other.

Considering that they meet up at the beginning of each season with some variation of "I haven't seen you in months!" I'm guessing that while they may care, as one does with old friends, they are not a huge part of each others' lives during the off season.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For me, I have trouble believing that Whit didn’t want to move to be with Chase, regardless of which city he chose.  I just don’t buy it.  

Exactly - there's no way.  Ditto with "quarantine kept us apart" - I don't see engaged people who are in love deciding not to see each other until whenever a quarantine is over.  She can say it's too dangerous - but when they met in the park she gave him that big old hug, so her behavior lets us know that she's a liar.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If it was fake, I think everyone was in on it.  Sure are a lot of tears to be fake though. 

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

But who says the tears are fake? Just because the heartbreak itself may not be real doesn't mean that she may not feel legitimately embarrassed, ashamed, and sad. 

Yes the tears were pity party of one, starring Whitney Way Thore.  She is after all getting older with no prospects in sight; the storyline she was counting on was flipped to make her look like the loser - I'm sure the fact that she was supposed to be explaining why she couldn't marry Chase was running through her head; I'm sure there was anger that he couldn't wait a year to procreate until his contract was fulfilled.

That proposal looked even faker the second time around - Chase babbling about getting a picture while Whit ACTIVELY stares at the view 😄   Poor Babs and Glen and Hunter, trying to act like Whit's loving, supportive family while not giving it to Chase because they know he's not to blame 😄. Poor Chase sitting there taking all the blame, just dying for his segment to be over.  You know it's 2021 - a one night stand that leads to pregnancy does not lead to cohabitation with a decorated nursery 😄 

When Chase showed the baby I wouldn't have been surprised if Tal and Todd had joined hands and run off to an adoption agency - they both looked so smitten 😄   And of course the funniest face of all was Whit's throughout - breakdown in the bedroom, followed by Ashley's comment about how she and Buddy needed engagement rings, and Call Me Suki asking about their sex - Whit's face was somewhere between delighted and gleeful during those exchanges (Buddy:  "Can we talk about Chase again?" [snerk] 😄 )  Then she gets all pissed off again when Chase is up.  And I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for whatever ended things with Ryan!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

If the relationship with Chase was real, many women would be a lot more upset than Whit.  She’s been rather forgiving, imo.  Whit might be difficult at times, but she didn’t make her fiancé impregnate another women.  Chase admits this was his mistake and he’s sorry.  ( Well, if you buy the story.)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If the relationship with Chase was real, many women would be a lot more upset than Whit.  She’s been rather forgiving, imo.  Whit might be difficult at times, but she didn’t make her fiancé impregnate another women.  Chase admits this was his mistake and he’s sorry.  ( Well, if you buy the story.)

Has he used the word "mistake"? Because he seems to be super happy and head over heels for his daughter, going by his SM. 

• Love 9

I didn't really start watching regularly until the pandemic, but as far as I can tell Ryan never did anything businesswise that would/should have caused him to be ousted. It all seems personal. (Pretty much it has seemed like he's everyone's scapegoat.) Is that right?

Spoiler

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 7

Someone explain this to me...

I posted this on the SM thread, but since it's technically about tonight's episode (Whitney specifically mentions the "news" from tonight's episode and The Skinny but I cropped that to make the size smaller), and sort of references last week's, I feel like it's also relevant here. I'll put it in spoilers, just in case. 

Spoiler

Whitney says "that's a wrap" but then goes on to say that it was wrapped in August. Yet the Asheville stuff was supposedly filmed in Sept. And Aurora was supposedly born in Sept. So....

Spoiler

Polish_20210217_002350264.png.e1242c6009d5492eb09cb190ba3dfce6.png

So has Ryan had Covid? Because after the shitty way they treated him and acted like he wasn’t cautious, one of the barnacles actually ended up getting it. I feel bad for Ashley, especially since I found her the most fair to Ryan, but the superiority of the others just grates. 

• Love 12

So I watched it this morning and I have some thoughts...

So much of this was total BS. Whitney using covid as an excuse for not living with Chase was beyond pathetic since we all know what the timeline is. Chase's baby was conceived long before the stay at home orders so one only needs to look just past her words to see how fake this justification was. If she wanted to, she could have moved in with him so that they wouldn't be apart but then, this wasn't a real relationship.

And shitting all over Ryan? Totally expected and we'll see what becomes of NoBS Active. I'm glad that Ryan stuck to his guns and I'm going to guess that there is some legal maneuverings going on behind the scenes that prevent Whitney from talking about it anymore than to state that their business partnership is over. Depending on what kind of a contract they had, Ryan might still have some financial interest that needs to be worked out.

The way Whitney was hanging on to Buddy like he was her human security blanket was kind of pathetic. She's a grown woman and she can't stand on her own two oversized feet.

Chase handled the whole thing well, and it's telling that Whitney's efforts to get him to acknowledge any love for her failed. He's so over this and is happy. Glad that he escaped without too much damage because whatever financial benefit he was getting by pretending to be in a relationship with Whitney just wasn't worth it.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

So has Ryan had Covid? Because after the shitty way they treated him and acted like he wasn’t cautious, one of the barnacles actually ended up getting it. I feel bad for Ashley, especially since I found her the most fair to Ryan, but the superiority of the others just grates. 

As far as I know Ryan didn’t have Covid. His IG has been active consistently with his workout projects etc and there has been no evidence that he was sick. Obviously there is no way to really know, especially if he had a mild case, but it doesn’t appear that he had it. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

And shitting all over Ryan? Totally expected and we'll see what becomes of NoBS Active. I'm glad that Ryan stuck to his guns and I'm going to guess that there is some legal maneuverings going on behind the scenes that prevent Whitney from talking about it anymore than to state that their business partnership is over. Depending on what kind of a contract they had, Ryan might still have some financial interest that needs to be worked out.

I was totally disappointed Ryan was not on.  He is the only one that did not kiss Whitney's ass.  And I think most of them liked him but he was scripted as the bad guy so they had to go along with the fake storyline.  

Good for Chase to show up and be as nice as he was to Whit but still held his own without puckering up....

So Buddy has a GF?  Is it Whit?  They way she was feeling his leg almost the entire time I thought they were going to announce their engagement.  He did not look comfortable, but then it is all about Whit isn't it.  I think he must feel as though he sold his soul to the devil.

Edited by gaPeach
because sole is not SOUL.
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I wish they'd shown her meltdown in the rain or stripping her shirt off in the kitchen.

Chase does NOT talk to her as a former lover. He talks to her like a former coworker. 

And he did not respond, "I love you, too," when she said she still loved him.  Honestly, that was the only moment in this joke of an episode that caught my attention.

Me:  Don't say, Chase!  Don't say it!

And he didn't.  Thank you jebus.

• Love 9