Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: The Skinny

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It continues to irritate me how Whitney downplays the club as "Chase's new job." He's part owner, it's not like he's a part-time bartender who can pick up and work anywhere (no offense, Buddy). 

That is what Whitney does. She downplays everyone else’s achievements in order to make herself look better.  I love that Chase pointed out she stopped calling him first and stomped off to Europe like a child when she didn’t get her way.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

That is what Whitney does. She downplays everyone else’s achievements in order to make herself look better.  I love that Chase pointed out she stopped calling him first and stomped off to Europe like a child when she didn’t get her way.

I love it when Whit's lies come back to bite her in the ass. The relationship is fake. So of course she's allowed to go to Europe without Chase, without his permission, heck without even telling him. There would be no reason he would go because it wasn't being filmed for the show. BUT BUT BUT.... because she insists that it was all real, it looks like she went stomping off to Europe like a child. So Chase can accuse her of that. After all she is fine with people believing he cheated on her when all he was really doing was sleeping with his girlfriend. Turnabout's a bitch, isn't it LOL

• Love 7
On 2/18/2021 at 7:43 AM, Elizzikra said:

Didn't she say at the start that she had COVID?

Her StitchFix clothes! I wondered that too! Why didn't she wear one of those outfits? I loved the all black but that might have been what she was wearing all season for the talking heads. 

Yes, I understood her to say she had COVID with only mild symptoms.

She should hire her "personal shopper" at StitchFix to help her assemble a whole new wardrobe for next season.  Those outfits were very flattering.  

23 hours ago, sempervivum said:

And what is that thing that looks like a wadded up sock perched in her hair? She's already got dark makeup, long hair, big earrings and a necklace, why would she want more clutter around her face?

A friend of mine posted a picture of her little Maltese after a trip to the groomer last week.

Whitney was sporting the same top knot style.  Go figure.  

On 2/18/2021 at 6:34 AM, 3girlsforus said:

I was thinking about all of this and something really struck me. We've seen all of this boo-hooing and self-pity. All of this mourning for the loss of the supposed relationship. Even if it was real, one absolute truth hit me. Whitney doesn't/didn't love Chase. There is absolutely nothing in her behavior, her actions, the way she looked at him, the way she talked about or to him - nothing that would lead anyone to believe she actually loved him. And that's fine since I believe it was fake. But what really struck me was that if there had been no baby/girlfriend and if Chase had agreed to move Charlotte and do whatever else Whitney has said she wanted from him, I think she would have married him anyway.  I have said before that I think Whitney was in on the fake relationship but bought into the relationship and thought it would develop into something and he would see that too. But now I think she just assumed he would fall in love with her and agree to marry her. I don't think she cares if she loved him.  Her requirements for a spouse are strictly someone who would cater to her. She didn't work it up in her head that they would fall in love and have a real relationship. She worked it up in her head that he would cater to her needs and agree to do it for the rest of her life. All relationships with Whitney are one sided and she likes it that way.

I remember a few seasons back when she convinced herself Roy from the radio station for which she was interning was lusting for her.  She showed her phone screen with texts going back and forth between them as proof of this.  

Um, Whitney, he worked at the radio station which gave you an internship (for the publicity I've no doubt).  Of course he would exchange pleasantries with you.  

And, as it turned out with Chase, Roy already had a partner.  

Of course, Whitney's perspective was that Roy had led her on.  🙄

14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

And he had lost weight.  There were lines visible on his face that made him look different.

I could not believe Hunter talking bad about Chase not moving to Charlotte.  Bish please, homegirl didn't have anything keeping her in Charlotte except her laziness and inertia, and Chase had actual career opportunities, so she's the one who should have received the disapproval.

I never quite understood why Chase's accounting position for a construction firm was downplayed as he "works in construction" or why he "took a job as a bartender" when he was an invested partner in the bar.  

Baffling.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yes, I understood her to say she had COVID with only mild symptoms.

She should hire her "personal shopper" at StitchFix to help her assemble a whole new wardrobe for next season.  Those outfits were very flattering.  

A friend of mine posted a picture of her little Maltese after a trip to the groomer last week.

Whitney was sporting the same top knot style.  Go figure.  

I remember a few seasons back when she convinced herself Roy from the radio station for which she was interning was lusting for her.  She showed her phone screen with texts going back and forth between them as proof of this.  

Um, Whitney, he worked at the radio station which gave you an internship (for the publicity I've no doubt).  Of course he would exchange pleasantries with you.  

And, as it turned out with Chase, Roy already had a partner.  

Of course, Whitney's perspective was that Roy had led her on.  🙄

I never quite understood why Chase's accounting position for a construction firm was downplayed as he "works in construction" or why he "took a job as a bartender" when he was an invested partner in the bar.  

Baffling.  

Probably so it gave Whitney more of a reason to claim Chase could just pick up and leave Wilmington.  He’s a “day laborer”/ “bartender” and those jobs are more readily available than say an accountant or owner of a business.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Baffling.  

33 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Probably so it gave Whitney more of a reason to claim Chase could just pick up and leave Wilmington.  He’s a “day laborer”/ “bartender” and those jobs are more readily available than say an accountant or owner of a business.

Whitney downplays everything people do. And as Panda says - it makes her inane argument that he could just move to Charlotte slightly less stupid. But also, I wonder if even subconsciously she knew that presenting Chase as he really is - an established adult with a career - would make more people wonder what the heck he would be doing with her. It was obviously part of the contract for him not to defend himself with the actual description of his job, otherwise I think he would have. Even mentioning her moving to Wilmington got him that death glare in that one episode so I think she made sure he didn't say 'I own this bar - I can't just leave' or 'I'm an accountant'. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/17/2021 at 4:21 PM, Cancun said:

That lipstick...

B5C2551E-4C4F-4386-B726-A09894B27AB2.jpeg

71383260-2CC5-40D2-BF9E-8197372F7B3E.jpeg

C4875DD0-1F53-4785-A403-B871D716C0C9.jpeg

D7B8B648-AC9F-4305-AA43-82F62E01F37D.jpeg

FF417EB7-3F78-4258-A12A-601BE1C6E99C.jpeg

I like a dark lip but she needed to balance it out with a neutral eye. Makeup 101. She looks like a vampire. It also didn’t help that she used some sort of gloss that ended up travelling all over her face as she caterwaulled about Chase. It also looks like Buddy is packing it on again after moving back in with Whit.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/18/2021 at 12:23 PM, AvoidinDaChubRub said:

Something that wasn't really addressed (maybe it was edited out or I missed it) was Brittany and Buddy's quick  2 or 3 week relationship. I know she wasnt on the Tell-All, and Buddy was mostly busy being Twit's prop. Anyway, me being nosey, I wanted to know if she really broke up with him because as they were cooking supper, Buddy had stop their supper in order to make Whitney a salad, and had to serve it to her in bed. If true, bravo to Brittany for dodging that bullet: becoming Twit's secondary Personal Care Worker!  🤢  

It was not addressed - I would have liked to see that too!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know it's been said a million times, but in what world did she think tying a button down right underneath her bust was a good look?  I just...

In all likelihood,  the blue shirt is probably too small for her and wouldn't button without serious  gap-osis. She's probably seen the  shirt-tied-under-the-boobage on women who actually have a midriff and thought it would be cute on herself.  Epic fail.

• Love 3
On 2/17/2021 at 9:21 PM, lightninggirl said:

Jesus fuck, Hunter, lay off the damn botox. Hefty dudes have a definite stopping point with that shit, and Hunter passed that stop sign about 14 blocks ago. Any more, and his face will look like it's melting off. 
/shudder

Yes!  That was not a good look.

• Love 2

Someone should do a broad, slapstick  parody of MBFFL. They should get a fat drag queen,   like Darienne or Delta Work, to play Twitney Zay Bore.

I've continued with this idea over on Small Talk. Anyone here have this type of talent?

Edited by Colleenna
Additional information
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I liked how Whitney's big, exciting news was that she's moved back to Greensboro. Because NOBODY saw that coming. 🙄 With her grip on her support animal Buddy and Todd/Tal filming together I thought we'd be hearing about a new couple. Or did I just now accidentally spoil the ruse storyline for next season? 

• LOL 6

After watching every episode of every season I just couldn't bring myself to watch this mess, but.......

Judging from ya'lls pictures that you posted here Whit looks bigger than ever, it looks like Buddy who was losing weight has gained it back and Ashley is almost as big as Whitney now. 

Were Whitney's parents there? Why was Hunter there? Who gives a shit about him or what he has to say? 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

After watching every episode of every season I just couldn't bring myself to watch this mess, but.......

Judging from ya'lls pictures that you posted here Whit looks bigger than ever, it looks like Buddy who was losing weight has gained it back and Ashley is almost as big as Whitney now. 

Were Whitney's parents there? Why was Hunter there? Who gives a shit about him or what he has to say? 

Yes, Babs,, Glen, and Hunter were in one zoom square on screen.  I assumed Hunter was there because he’s probably staying with his parents.  Plus, they needed somebody else to act outraged about Chase and claim that Whitney “really dodged a bullet” with Chase 🙄.  As far as anybody giving a shit about him or what he had to say I certainly didn’t LOL.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, Babs,, Glen, and Hunter were in one zoom square on screen.  I assumed Hunter was there because he’s probably staying with his parents.  Plus, they needed somebody else to act outraged about Chase and claim that Whitney “really dodged a bullet” with Chase 🙄.  As far as anybody giving a shit about him or what he had to say I certainly didn’t LOL.

It would have been almost an hour of blank screen if they only showed those whom we give a shit about hearing from, especially since Ryan wasn't there. Chase and Aurora would have said hi, maybe a comment from Heather and/or Todd... then blank screen.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

It would have been almost an hour of blank screen if they only showed those whom we give a shit about hearing from, especially since Ryan wasn't there. Chase and Aurora would have said hi, maybe a comment from Heather and/or Todd... then blank screen.

Didn't the ever loving ride or die bestie Buddy have alot to say? 

20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh he spoke and also had to run off stage to comfort Whitney who ran off stage because having to see Chase was just too hard!  It’s just we don’t give a damn what Buddy says either.  Whitney felt the need to paw at Buddy throughout the whole reunion.  We also didn’t need that.  Alas, there was no sandwich making, but Buddy confirmed he was drunk when he slept with Whitney.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He didn’t have very much to say at all. I know he’s in a hell of his own making but I still feel a little bad for him, that his life has gone to such shit that the only way he thinks he can make a living is to be Big Whit’s support therapy animal (-cum-buttwiper). 

PS to @mytmo, one of the barnacles referred to S*** as Chase’s fiancé so it sounds like they’re planning to get married. Here’s hoping she thinks his time on the show was worth it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Well yes but the previous poster questions why Hunter was there because who cares what he has to say. I contend that no one cares what almost all of them have to say so if that was the criteria to choose people for the show - there wouldn't' be any content at all

• Love 2
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why was Hunter there? Who gives a shit about him or what he has to say? 

I do understand why Whit's parents were there - they have been "main characters" on this show from the start.  Hunter?  As someone else said - baffling 😄 

• Love 2

Ashley has covid? They were all together filming and vacationing together. I wonder if any of the rest of them were exposed? And Whit was ragging on Ryan to get tested? Should have had her inner group tested first, and the camera crew.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I finally watched this mess & agree with the above.  Buddy was looking great with the weight loss & all.  Then he got stuck as Whitney's support animal, as someone put it so well. Now looks like he's packing on the pounds, and since he's back her greensboro coke attic, I hope he doesn't end up the big fat mess he was.   But that's on him, he's not being held captive by anything else than the easy cash.  But the price is huge in reality.   His parents must be thrilled.

Ashley geez!  You're getting as big as Whit, slow down!  Is Whitney a carrier or something?   Don't get why Hunter was there except that he probably lives there.  I needs me some more Todd!   Ryan, Chase, they're out.  Whitney's "bro phase"  storyline is officially over.    

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Love 6

I finally watched it.  Love, love Todd!!   He is so over her.

I also noted that Chase apologized for HOW it went down not THAT it went down!

With regard to Todd's comment about "now that you have been humiliated", if this was the first time that she was humiliated on this show, she has a very high threshold for humiliation.  The split she did on skis that took a crew to get her upright again comes to mind!!!   That would have humiliated me so much that  I wouldn't have shown my face for a month.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kid said:

I finally watched it.  Love, love Todd!!   He is so over her.

I also noted that Chase apologized for HOW it went down not THAT it went down!

With regard to Todd's comment about "now that you have been humiliated", if this was the first time that she was humiliated on this show, she has a very high threshold for humiliation.  The split she did on skis that took a crew to get her upright again comes to mind!!!   That would have humiliated me so much that  I wouldn't have shown my face for a month.

I think this shows that while Chase was willing to sign up for the fake storyline, presumably with his girlfriend's blessing, he was never going to put anything on the show that implied in any way that he regrets his daughter or his decision to choose being with her and her mother. He wasn't going to fake that at all, no matter what Whitney wanted the storyline to be.

• Love 11
On 2/19/2021 at 3:52 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

Mother nature spared me from watching the episode. Our power was out here in Houston due to snowapacolypse (sp). 

That's us  in San Antonio. But we actually got our power back on Thursday night after off and on

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

Why did she want Chase to texted her?

Probably so she could say "See, this proves he still loves me!" Even if all he texted was "Have a nice life." Remember,  she pointed to the texts from Radio Station  Roy as "proof" that he "want" her.....

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Probably so she could say "See, this proves he still loves me!" Even if all he texted was "Have a nice life." Remember,  she pointed to the texts from Radio Station  Roy as "proof" that he "want" her.....

I'm surprised   she doesn't stalk Chase Like she did Avi . 

Chase actually is somewhat attractive without the long, greasy hair/manbun,  and gross facial stubble (personal thing for me, I loathe facial hair, though I know plenty of other women find it attractive- no judgy- to each her own)

I hope TLC keeps this show on for a few more seasons. But, only because I live in Virginia, not too far from the sweet AirBnB's they use, so, they are giving me some great recommendations!!

I do hope Whitney can work hard and lose some fat (I hate to say "weight", because really, she/me/we all, should focus on losing body fat, not focus so much on the scale weight). I gained about 15 pounds during the pandemic due to self-admitted daily nachos, wine, and less time on my feet. I have recently started, in earnest, to lose this fat, and it's hard (I am 44, it really is harder at this age, dammit). That said, i am not trying to lose at a current weight of 300+. I'm probably 180, up from about 165 (at 5'5). If you have THAT much fat, if we have learned anything from Dr Now, you should lose a pound a week eating 1200 calorie.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Chase actually is somewhat attractive without the long, greasy hair/manbun,  and gross facial stubble (personal thing for me, I loathe facial hair, though I know plenty of other women find it attractive- no judgy- to each her own)

I hope TLC keeps this show on for a few more seasons. But, only because I live in Virginia, not too far from the sweet AirBnB's they use, so, they are giving me some great recommendations!!

I do hope Whitney can work hard and lose some fat (I hate to say "weight", because really, she/me/we all, should focus on losing body fat, not focus so much on the scale weight). I gained about 15 pounds during the pandemic due to self-admitted daily nachos, wine, and less time on my feet. I have recently started, in earnest, to lose this fat, and it's hard (I am 44, it really is harder at this age, dammit). That said, i am not trying to lose at a current weight of 300+. I'm probably 180, up from about 165 (at 5'5). If you have THAT much fat, if we have learned anything from Dr Now, you should lose a pound a week eating 1200 calorie.

This.

My goal is not weighing X pounds. My goal is to get to <26% body fat. I started out at 48% and am now at 29.5% . 

I gained a pound the first week of lockdown and drug that damned pound around with me for a month. Since then I've lost about 25# . Now that I'm back in the gym swimming and lifting,  I'm building muscle and decreasing  body fat. Plus I've been a lot more  calorie careful.  If you think it's hard at 40, double the difficulty at 73. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Colleenna said:

This.

My goal is not weighing X pounds. My goal is to get to <26% body fat. I started out at 48% and am now at 29.5% . 

I gained a pound the first week of lockdown and drug that damned pound around with me for a month. Since then I've lost about 25# . Now that I'm back in the gym swimming and lifting,  I'm building muscle and decreasing  body fat. Plus I've been a lot more  calorie careful.  If you think it's hard at 40, double the difficulty at 73. 

Of course you all are right about body fat. My sis in law weighs a lot for her height but she is a fitness and yoga instructor who runs marathons in her spare time. Trust me she is not overweight. You are my hero though, I can’t even get my lazy ass on the elliptical 5 days a week. When I do I am sore (I do use resistance and hill settings to be fair)and I am only 42 lol.

• Love 3

Me too! I loved the Asheville house but I could not afford it or justify it with my little family of three.

if we have learned anything from Dr Now, you should lose a pound a week eating 1200 calorie.

How are your eating habit???

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Colleena you are a real inspiration. You have shared a little about your journey to optimal health over the years.

I have a question about how you obtain the statistics. I once had a scale that would provide the information but I never paid attention to it. Have you ever compared the reading on that type of scale with whichever method you use to determine your percentage of body fat?

53 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Colleena you are a real inspiration. You have shared a little about your journey to optimal health over the years.

I have a question about how you obtain the statistics. I once had a scale that would provide the information but I never paid attention to it. Have you ever compared the reading on that type of scale with whichever method you use to determine your percentage of body fat?

Yes! I used to have one of those scales, too. I've  also used the handheld BIA (bioelectrical impedence analysis) device at the gym, and also had body fat computed by personal trainers using calipers.  I found that calipers usually give the lowest result,  BIA the highest,  scale in the middle.  None of these are as accurate as "dunking" but they're good enough. I'm sticking with  BIA. 

Thanks for the kind words. My father's family tends to live a long time,  so I've probably got another 20 trips around the sun, and I want to be strong 💪 enough to enjoy them!

• Love 6
Spoiler

Sorry for spoiler box. I don't know how it got there and I don't see how to get rid of it.

Thanks for you reply Colleena. I had no idea that the scale reading wasn't totally bogus. I seem to recall that it gave values for muscle, fat, and water content. I'll have to dig it out and start using it again. As far as the caliper measurement, I never could figure that one out. Not sure where to take the reading, how tight to make them etc. I am of normal BMI but still am concerned about fat that might be around my organs.

47 minutes ago, Me from ME said:
  Reveal spoiler

Sorry for spoiler box. I don't know how it got there and I don't see how to get rid of it.

Thanks for you reply Colleena. I had no idea that the scale reading wasn't totally bogus. I seem to recall that it gave values for muscle, fat, and water content. I'll have to dig it out and start using it again. As far as the caliper measurement, I never could figure that one out. Not sure where to take the reading, how tight to make them etc. I am of normal BMI but still am concerned about fat that might be around my organs.

You really can't do your own caliper  measurements.  

• Love 1
On 2/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, Colleenna said:

Off topic, so I'm sorry, but Colleenna, please know that you inspired someone today - ME!  Thank you!

On 2/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, Irate Panda said:

And she's...What? A part time laughingstock on Youtube? That's something she could do (and has done) anywhere.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Or maybe she was just pissed off at him from the moment he made a move on Heather, instead of her? And it was exacerbated by Ryan refusing to apologize for saving her life at the U.S. National Whitewater  Center? And then staying friends with Chase after he "cheated" on Whitney? We've already seen Whitney ready to drop her religious beliefs, to be ready for the almost non-existent possibility that a guy who had already described himself to her as commitment phobic would suddenly propose to marry her. I'm fairly certain that if Ryan had only treated Whitney as she believed she deserved,, she wouldn't blink an eye at accommodating his political beliefs, if any.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Or maybe she was just pissed off at him from the moment he made a move on Heather, instead of her? And it was exacerbated by Ryan refusing to apologize for saving her life at the U.S. National Whitewater  Center? And then staying friends with Chase after he "cheated" on Whitney? We've already seen Whitney ready to drop her religious beliefs, to be ready for the almost non-existent possibility that a guy who had already described himself to her as commitment phobic would suddenly propose to marry her. I'm fairly certain that if Ryan had only treated Whitney as she believed she deserved,, she wouldn't blink an eye at accommodating his political beliefs, if any.

I should have been clear that I meant Tal and the others' very strong dislike of Ryan that didn't seem to be proportional to what we saw on screen. 

• Love 1

To be honest, I don't often follow Ryan on social media but yesterday he posted a video which is probably gone now. He showed what a dick he can be irl. His girlfriend is pregnant and every morning for several days he has prodded her awake while capturing it. He tells her she has to get up and do the household chore which is usually his responsibility e.g. feed the dog, do his dishes, take out the trash. We know this because he narrates it and then he POSTS it!

It explains why Ashley who seems well grounded and reasonable confronted him on being a jerk.

lm

• Love 2