Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: The Skinny

• Start Topic

I'm so disappointed, yet not in the least surprised, that Ryan wasn't on this shit show.

All of my hopes for some decent snark were dashed away.  

I'm always so busy enjoying Todd's snark that I rarely notice much about his physical appearance.

Seeing him sitting next to Tal, I realized Todd's Spock ears match that blue Star Trek shirt of which Tal is so fond.  😳

That's all I got out of this mess.  

I probably should have just put the hour to better use once I realized Ryan would not appear.  

Until next season, my fellow posters, stay safe ❤️  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I'm glad that Ryan stuck to his guns and I'm going to guess that there is some legal maneuverings going on behind the scenes that prevent Whitney from talking about it anymore than to state that their business partnership is over. Depending on what kind of a contract they had, Ryan might still have some financial interest that needs to be worked out.

Yep, there is no way Whitney wouldn't take the opportunity to trash Ryan if she wasn't legally muzzled.  And good for him for not agreeing to be on last night's piece of trash.  Good luck, Jessica--you're gonna need it.

Whitney was still trying to stick to as much of the scripted plan for the broken engagement as possible, with all the talk about how Chase was so inconsiderate as to expect HER to move to where his business was and acting like he was some sort of snake for even having a business to begin with.  I think she is beyond livid, still, that Chase knocked up his real gf and ruined her story arc for the season.

• Love 12

A few thoughts.

Heather didn't want to be there.

Whitney's hand constantly on Buddy's knee and then her arm looped through his during the Chase segment pissed me off.

Whitney's bleeding lipstick.

Whitney's too-dark lipstick.

Whitney's tank that was pulled down too low.  Nobody wants to see that.

Whitney's skirt that was too tight at the waist.

Todd's hair that is super dark now that I didn't realize it was him until they got a close up.  I thought it was Tal's boyfriend and thought "why is he here for this"?

Tal's love for Whitney is annoying.

Whitney crying about Chase and only wiping her nose, but leaving the tears on her cheeks for effect.

That is all.  For now.

• Love 24

I’m still watching, but my most immediate takeaways thus far are that the make up crew hate Whitney with every fiber of their being, she cannot stop touching buddy’s knee (and his face screams “I’m dying on the inside”) and on a scale of 1 to 1,000,000,000, how much does Todd hate Whitney? Like, he absolutely hates her and is relishing every minute of her humiliation. Buddy he will never get away from this woman. Now he’s back in his crack attic. Fun.

• Love 8

Humiliated..... good one Todd.... I just love the snark he gives her, rightfully so. He must have some dirt on her not to rip off her shirt and bra like she did with Buddy,  I also noticed her biting the inside of her cheek to make her lips look like a puckered asshole, but she is one.  I would almost bet there has to be some legalities in the NOBS business which forced Ryan not to be there as he doesn't shy away from saying what he feels about Twit. Her co-dependence with Buddy is pathetic and Buddy needs to slap her hand off his lap, grow some balls and move the heck away from her. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

"And now that you've been humiliated, you can rise up and be great."  Ouch!  Don't ever change, Todd; don't ever change.    

The look on Whit’s face when he said this was priceless.  And when Whit was struggling to come up with words to describe her feelings, Todd brightly added “ashamed” and she sort of stumbled but then agreed to feeling shame. Love me some Todd!

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Humiliated..... good one Todd.... I just love the snark he gives her, rightfully so. He must have some dirt on her not to rip off her shirt and bra like she did with Buddy,  I also noticed her biting the inside of her cheek to make her lips look like a puckered asshole, but she is one.  I would almost bet there has to be some legalities in the NOBS business which forced Ryan not to be there as he doesn't shy away from saying what he feels about Twit. Her co-dependence with Buddy is pathetic and Buddy needs to slap her hand off his lap, grow some balls and move the heck away from her. 

See I saw it the other way around. I figured Ryan didn't want to have to deal with that shit so the NOBS settlement let me out of having to go. I guarantee Chase was only there because he was contractually obligated. So I figure Ryan's contract probably included the same stipulation. If I was Ryan I would definitely include bailing on this "skinny" farce as a requirement to settle. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

This show was not meant to be watched on the fancy big screen tv. Her lipstick looks like an 8 year old applied it. And that color is not doing her any favors. 

I did love Todd’s develope at the beginning of the episode. 

Except Whitney pronounced developpe with the emphasis on the wrong syllable....

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DanaMB said:

She so desperately wanted Chase to say he still loved her when she said it....twice. I’m glad he stood firm and didn’t. 

All I could think was his girlfriend was sitting just off-screen listening to this and Whitney was trying to get him to say he still loved her to cause some friction. And when he didn't take the bait after two attempts, she threw in a lunch invite.

3 hours ago, Shauna said:

Tal's love for Whitney is annoying.

YES^^^^!!!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Shauna said:

Whitney's tank that was pulled down too low.  Nobody wants to see that.

Whitney's skirt that was too tight at the waist.

I will NEVER understand buying into the “let’s make it look like your ass is on your chest” as if that’s an attractive look.

Gross.

Her whole relationship drama with Chase and business drama with Ryan has carried the whole season.  Predictable and boring.

• Love 5

I missed this episode and I was hoping to see photos somewhere on line. I wanted to see Todd's hair, Ashley's health status and most especially, the outfit, hair and makeup of the star.

The TLC site had one of a previous wrap up show, (the one where she put Lenny on the spot by asking if he was trying to get back with her on national t.v.) and what I find remarkable is that Lenny is leaning about as far away from her as possible. That girl doesn't read non-verbal cues very well at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I missed this episode and I was hoping to see photos somewhere on line. I wanted to see Todd's hair, Ashley's health status and most especially, the outfit, hair and makeup of the star.

The TLC site had one of a previous wrap up show, (the one where she put Lenny on the spot by asking if he was trying to get back with her on national t.v.) and what I find remarkable is that Lenny is leaning about as far away from her as possible. That girl doesn't read non-verbal cues very well at all.

I remember that episode. At one point he had to physically stop her from playing with his beard.  Now we all know that Whitney never met a boundary she couldn't ignore. If I were Todd, I'd do my best to stay away from her from now on. I'd be afraid that she would only take his declaration that he would not stand for her touching him as a challenge.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ryan - enjoy that from now on your hard work belongs to you.  

It frosted me during the wrap up where Twit said that NoBS Active was her business and that it was doing really well.  If this was something she could have done on her own, why didn’t she ever do it before Ryan came along?  I tend to think the whole set up was Ryan’s idea and he certainly did all the work to get it going and profitable.  I also used to think Jessica was alright, but the way she has fallen into lock step with all the rest of the ass kissers has really turned me off.  I also didn’t like her mercenary convo in the hot tub with Ryan, especially knowing how all of this shook out.  That sly smile on her face, and the way she seemed to be baiting Ryan made me lose any respect I may have had for her and her accomplishments.  My hope, because this was all so shifty and underhanded, is that Ryan’s professionalism nets him success and a legacy in his field, while Twit (and Jessica) fade into old reality star obscurity.  Does anyone know the name or have a link to Ryan’s business with his mom?  I have seen people on Reddit talk about it and say that it is really a supportive platform with personalized coaching and exercising - like what he wanted to have with Twit.  I would love to see people swing business his way.  It would be some good karma for him enduring this shitfest.

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

That lipstick...

B5C2551E-4C4F-4386-B726-A09894B27AB2.jpeg

71383260-2CC5-40D2-BF9E-8197372F7B3E.jpeg

C4875DD0-1F53-4785-A403-B871D716C0C9.jpeg

D7B8B648-AC9F-4305-AA43-82F62E01F37D.jpeg

FF417EB7-3F78-4258-A12A-601BE1C6E99C.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I wonder if the fact that both Jessica and Ryan were MIA for this is because there’s pending litigation. Twit’s emphatic “it’s MY business” sure seemed aggressive. I don’t even like Ryan but I hope he nails our porcine princess to the proverbial wall. She’s a lazy sack of crap who coasted on the name without doing jack squat to actually promote the business outside of SM.

I was also annoyed by the host constantly stating her full name and then saying “you can call me Suki”. If that’s her professional name than just go with it. I did like her tho. And I thought the fact that she was of a normal (maybe even chunky) weight was a good thing. That Shawn woman was a skeletal sycophant. I didn’t miss her at all. Maybe Twit asked for a new host that wasn’t emaciated? Who knows?

On to the rest of this mess...I know it was remote but could the barnacles have been any more apathetic? Twit did her best to bring on the histrionics but it seemed most of these fame whores just dialed it in. I cannot stand Whitney so I hope they cancel this show so she can finally (maybe) get healthy and Buddy can be free of his indentured servitude. And Todd can swan away into a life free of this nonsense. Dare to dream.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Cancun - THANK YOU so much for posting. And so quickly as well. ☺️

My only comment about the lipstick, the hair, the belly: OMFW! (Except for Todd who looks good, and healthy.)

Heather looked really good as well.

• Love 2

Ashley does look as if she has a flu and Buddy looks unhappy and depressed. The Maltese topknot was not what I had imagined from reading about it but upon viewing it, it IS a perfect description by the person who first mentioned it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I like to think everyone thought Whitney's outfit looked horrible but intentionally avoided telling her that out of spite. 

And I was just thinking that not only do the camera crew hate her with all those unflattering angles, it looks like the hair and make up people hate her too 🤪🎉

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I don't think Whitney WANTS Todd on the show anymore but production is pushing it. She has some bargaining power, but she's no Kate Gosselin or Dr. Now (whose son produces his show). She's only as good to them as her ratings and they MUST know that the majority of us now hate watch. Todd represents that part of her audience. If he were saying a lot of good stuff, though, they'd show it whether Whitney wanted them to or not (like the topless scene). So maybe he's holding back now and just not giving them much to work with. I'm starting to think Whitney has a shitload of incriminating cheap on all of them. 

• Love 3

Todd was there at the beginning of Fat Girl Dancing. TLC can't just let him go. He is part of the genesis of this whole show. I understand he is so done with drinking the koolaid, but he is our star to the real world with no filters and  I want him around till the end.

• Love 10

I just looked at the very beginning and found that she was going to once again be boo-hooing over the relationship that never was.  I just can't!  Not even to enjoy Todd's snark!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kid said:

I just looked at the very beginning and found that she was going to once again be boo-hooing over the relationship that never was.  I just can't!  Not even to enjoy Todd's snark!!

FF! It's worth it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/16/2021 at 9:38 PM, mamadrama said:

I minored in theater (which Whitney has a degree in) and I can cry on a dime.

But who says the tears are fake? Just because the heartbreak itself may not be real doesn't mean that she may not feel legitimately embarrassed, ashamed, and sad. 

Yeah, she had months of semi-quarantine to sit around and conjure up feeling sorry for herself because she's now over 35, still huge, a Covid risk, and still not in the kind of relationship she was play acting with Chase.  And then the humiliation of him taking "control" of the script and having the baby.  It was OTT for narcissist Whitney.  So I'm sure she could turn on the tears pretty easily.

Plus, no shock or surprise at her abandoning any interest in weight loss surgery.  Of course that was only a plot for the show.  She made it sound like she would only want to do it for her appearance, but why couldn't she want to do it for her health's sake?  After 50 she's going to have to face that she can't be "fit, healthy and fat" at the same time.  If she doesn't face it she might lie to herself that those medical issues aren't so bad.  

• Love 7

Have to admit that I kind of loved how the host made Chase's presence (remotely) sound like a portent of doom, with the dramatic music and Whitney looking like she was sucking on a lemon. Then Chase arrives on the link all cheerful and "Hi Guys!". Like he didn't have a care in the world.

Fun times.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9

Whitney tried on several really cute outfits for Buddy on that one show, that looked really good on her. Why does she never wear anything like that? The blue dress she wore to Chase's club was her worst outfit I think. She only supposedly knew Chase for 6 months? God! Just think if the "relationship" had been a year or two.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Have to admit that I kind of loved how the host made Chase's presence (remotely) sound like a portent of doom, with the dramatic music and Whitney looking like she was sucking on a lemon. Then Chase arrives on the link all cheerful and "Hi Guys!". Like he didn't have a care in the world.

Fun times.

I haven’t watched but I might just for that moment.

• Love 2

I was thinking about all of this and something really struck me. We've seen all of this boo-hooing and self-pity. All of this mourning for the loss of the supposed relationship. Even if it was real, one absolute truth hit me. Whitney doesn't/didn't love Chase. There is absolutely nothing in her behavior, her actions, the way she looked at him, the way she talked about or to him - nothing that would lead anyone to believe she actually loved him. And that's fine since I believe it was fake. But what really struck me was that if there had been no baby/girlfriend and if Chase had agreed to move Charlotte and do whatever else Whitney has said she wanted from him, I think she would have married him anyway.  I have said before that I think Whitney was in on the fake relationship but bought into the relationship and thought it would develop into something and he would see that too. But now I think she just assumed he would fall in love with her and agree to marry her. I don't think she cares if she loved him.  Her requirements for a spouse are strictly someone who would cater to her. She didn't work it up in her head that they would fall in love and have a real relationship. She worked it up in her head that he would cater to her needs and agree to do it for the rest of her life. All relationships with Whitney are one sided and she likes it that way.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Fun times.

Have to admit, I was crushing on Chase's nonchalance. It cracked me up. He was literally acting like an ex employee who was glad to be free of his former boss and was just checking in with his old office mates. 

• Love 13

I'm gonna throw Whitney a bone here...Maybe Chase WAS dishonest about his relationship with BM. When he agreed to join the show it's possible that he downplayed their relationship. He may not have realized that the show would take it as far as it did, which would help explain Ryan's surprise at the "proposal." The look they shared was one of "Oh shit, how we gonna go back home and explain THIS?" He may have thought that this would be like a regular tv show relationship and would have no real life repercussions outside of filming. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Ashley does look as if she has a flu

Didn't she say at the start that she had COVID?

Whitney tried on several really cute outfits for Buddy on that one show, that looked really good on her. Why does she never wear anything like that? 

Her StitchFix clothes! I wondered that too! Why didn't she wear one of those outfits? I loved the all black but that might have been what she was wearing all season for the talking heads. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

It looks like an inner tube

Speaking of which... WTF is up with that weirdness on the skirt, the dark triangle around the button?  Is the skirt stretched so thin (because it's  three sizes too small for her) that you can see her black underwear through it? 

• Love 1

Why would someone the shape of a beachball choose an outfit that cuts her in half, and then put the brightest color on the WIDEST part?  Since she wants to emphasize her 'waist', why not do a red shirt, a denim blue tank and a black skirt? Even Buddy has figured out that you disguise the problem area (his gut) with a dark shirt, and if you must have color, use it on a slimmer section (his lower half is normal looking).

And what is that thing that looks like a wadded up sock perched in her hair? She's already got dark makeup, long hair, big earrings and a necklace, why would she want more clutter around her face?

• Love 4

Finally got through it.  Highlights were Todd's one liners, and Chase's baby looking cute. Otherwise it was a waste of time since Ryan wasn't there. (Still no info on that sitch anywhere that I've seen online or on social media). Hope Ashley is doing better.  Hunter looked odd, but he should stop coloring his hair. I used to like Tal, but he's so negative now.

Something that wasn't really addressed (maybe it was edited out or I missed it) was Brittany and Buddy's quick  2 or 3 week relationship. I know she wasnt on the Tell-All, and Buddy was mostly busy being Twit's prop. Anyway, me being nosey, I wanted to know if she really broke up with him because as they were cooking supper, Buddy had stop their supper in order to make Whitney a salad, and had to serve it to her in bed. If true, bravo to Brittany for dodging that bullet: becoming Twit's secondary Personal Care Worker!  🤢  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

No snark is Ashley’s child okay? 

Random thoughts while watching: 

Ok full snark Hunter looks busted and Todd is so over her. I loved him snarking about Twit not touching him.  Tal and Whit joking about Buddy’s “coke den” was not cool.

Heather not giving a shit about the Chase situation gave me life.

Whit keeps rubbing Buddy’s leg like he is her lover and he puts up with it since he is an unemployed bum who needs a place to stay.

Ryan didn’t even care enough to show up. I love it. I wonder if she was tight lipped because Ryan threatened legal action.

Buddy saying he was drunk when he slept with Whit was hilarious. Heather laughing at this made me laugh so hard I watched it twice.

I laughed hard when Chase came in with a hearty “What’s up?!?” Like he was meeting his friends at the local pub. No fucks to give. Whit tried hard to drag a ‘I love you still’ out of Chase. He wasn’t biting. The baby is beautiful. Whit wants to steal him from his GF. I could imagine after her lunch with Chase she will run home to her friends and wax on about how Chase still secretly loves her. Don’t do it Chase. See how fast she shared that text? Jesus.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6

If Whitney really desires to lose weight why doesn't she hire somebody to come in and prepare food for her?

There are a lot of people that do that kind of work..  Prepare healthy, appetizing meals for the day!  They can be in and out in a couple of hours.

There are also healthy meals shipped to the house.  She has the money to buy health!

I would certainly try that over weight loss surgery that she could die from.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

If Whitney really desires to lose weight why doesn't she hire somebody to come in and prepare food for her?

There are a lot of people that do that kind of work..  Prepare healthy, appetizing meals for the day!  They can be in and out in a couple of hours.

There are also healthy meals shipped to the house.  She has the money to buy health!

In order to be eligible for WLS, you have to document repeated efforts to lose weight that failed. Given that Whitney has not made any efforts in the past few years, the odds are that she would be rejected from many programs. Even Dr. Now requires his patients to show that they can lose weight and are able to stick to a nutrition program over an extended period.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

In order to be eligible for WLS, you have to document repeated efforts to lose weight that failed. Given that Whitney has not made any efforts in the past few years, the odds are that she would be rejected from many programs. Even Dr. Now requires his patients to show that they can lose weight and are able to stick to a nutrition program over an extended period.

Yes I thought of that too.  I remember a young woman in a sewing group I was in preparing herself for weight loss surgery.  There was a whole lot to be done pre surgery.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Because she doesn't actually want to lose weight.  

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Yep, I have a friend who had WLS just before the lockdown. She had to lose 50# (out of 275) on her own before she was eligible.  So far she's doing well --- down  120 (including the  pre-surgery 50) so she's almost at goal. She's really tall so 150 is goal. 

• Love 5

There are positives to being on the show. It likely provides some welcomed incomes to many people. They aren’t victims, there’re willing participants to be a character on the the program.  And it’s real, right?  Lol.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 2/16/2021 at 9:08 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Todd looks different...I can’t figure out why.  Has he gotten his hair thinned out?  Lost weight?

On 2/16/2021 at 9:16 PM, readheaded said:

His hair is darker and looks thicker on the top.  Before it was blond on the top, and I think it was thinner, but can't tell if it just looked that way because it was so light or if he's gotten some kind of hair restoration that's actually made that hair thicker.

And he had lost weight.  There were lines visible on his face that made him look different.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, Brodicea said:

Chase is the one who dodged a bullet.

I could not believe Hunter talking bad about Chase not moving to Charlotte.  Bish please, homegirl didn't have anything keeping her in Charlotte except her laziness and inertia, and Chase had actual career opportunities, so she's the one who should have received the disapproval.

• Love 7