Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Defending Your Wife

• Start Topic

Unstable, Hypochris strikes AGAIN!! Seriously. I mean, SERIOUSLY! WTF is wrong with him?!! He can't keep it together for ONE DINNER!! He's a LIAR! Says one thing, does another. He acts like a CHILD! Freaking out in the van to lash out. Come on! GROW TF UP!! Freaking out at dinner because someone else was calling out his ridiculous behavior. He JUST SAID people CHOOSE their actions! He CHOSE to act a fool to apologize for later. The apologies are ringing EMPTY. He said he's NOT a disrespectful guy, he's NOT an a-hole & turns around & acts up AGAIN! THAT was his opportunity to PROVE it & show he'll handle those situations better. Ya. Erik & Virginia strolled in LATE (ANOTHER negative influence) & missed it, so show them better since he supposedly "reflected." ALL BS!! You know what I'm saying? 😉😂 I can't believe they're taking Hypochris' side! NAH! He needs to be a MATURE ADULT that handles discussions properly no matter how anyone comes at him. Period. Hey. He said ONE thing that was true, he's not been a man of God.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 4
On 2/17/2021 at 6:18 PM, Soup333 said:

Jake is over this bullshit and he’s not alone. 

On 2/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, Empress1 said:

He just said that! “The food should be here soon and I’m hungry.” Jake might be growing on me.

Gotta love Jacob! Talking about dinner arriving & not giving a shh about Hypochris after his monologue. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Great name---"Hypochris"! He's ticked for one thing he dare not mention: 💸💸💸. Ex has royally ruined Chris's plan to monetize his Big Chance at the TV Brass Ring. Of course, the fact that he hasn't been able to fake contentment with his wife hasn't helped, either. But he might have realized that last point, as previews show him flashing a smile at Paige.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lindz said:

UH OHHHH!! Haley gave Jacob the slip & LIED about it?!! Oh. It's OVER! Trust BROKEN! She's seeming like TRASH. Not looking good. I really hope it wasn't like that.

I hope this is addressed on the show because this is horrible (not as bad as Chris but unnecessarily cruel). There is no way that I would want to move in with a person who had done that to me.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I hope this is addressed on the show because this is horrible (not as bad as Chris but unnecessarily cruel). There is no way that I would want to move in with a person who had done that to me.

Haley is on Unfiltered on Wednesday hopefully she gets confronted about it 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Changes in the momentum of their relationship? WTF does that mean?!! She prays that Hypochris is her person for the REST OF HER LIFE?!! I hope that was cut & pasted as we cannot believe what we don't see them say. That made me nauseous. 😵 Girl, he isn't your person for the rest of 5 seconds & you know it. 😅

• Love 3

Fragile Hypochris gets soo upset at what the Drunkards say. WHAT KINDA SENSE IS THAT?!! Like, WHY is he choosing to be offended? What's the point? You can't converse with a drunk. DO NOT ENGAGE! DUH! Why does he want to be upset?

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Fragile Hypochris gets soo upset at what the Drunkards say. WHAT KINDA SENSE IS THAT?!! Like, WHY is he choosing to be offended? What's the point? You can't converse with a drunk. DUH! Why does he want to be upset?

It is a classical narcissist tactic to always be the victim.

For example. Ble$$ed was making fun of Paige for only making a quarter of what HE makes (she said a third and he then said a quarter) and said he did not want to share a bank account with her (ironically probably protecting Paige's money).

We all know that Ble$$ed is broke as a joke and lying about how much he makes. However, he still as the nerve to pretend that he can not trust his great fortune to a woman who makes so little. This is after he demanded she share half the wedding money with him. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

think it could be a simple matter of "Buyer's Remorse." That is, morning-after regret and shame because Haley succumbed to lust with a man she has no feelings for, particularly piercing if the sex IN THE MOMENT was enjoyable! 

Maybe too many drinks?  Btw, do you know what happened to Australia last night?   Nobody on the thread but two, and totally different people getting married.  ?????????

41 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Ya. Maybe they're planning a party or something for him. I hope. 😅 I wanna know what happened when she returned to the room until they left. Are they really not speaking? AWKWARD!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Gotta love Jacob! Talking about dinner arriving & not giving a shh about Hypochris after his monologue. 😂

Smart move that Jake.  Doesn’t get involved in anyone’s business.  Let them all kill each other.  “I want my steak medium rare, hahaha.  Cool.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

UH OHHHH!! Haley gave Jacob the slip & LIED about it?!! Oh. It's OVER! Trust BROKEN! She's seeming like TRASH. Not looking good. I really hope it wasn't like that.

what ???  What’s going on?  Did I miss something?  Please explain.  What slip?

On 2/17/2021 at 9:21 PM, Crashcourse said:

I know I would be.  There's just something about him that's just too cave mannish.  

Totally cave-mannish! Yuck. Did you see all his 'supplements' in the background on his nightstand as they packed? Just adds to my theory that he's lacking downstairs and therefore turned Haley off even more when she let him into her downstairs. Men who bulk like that are quite shrunken below is what I've always heard. They also have performance issues.  

• Love 1

It's quite a jump to think Jake doesn't have it going on in the BR just because Haley childishly & cruelly shut him out of a group gathering. Maybe something did happen that she doesn't want to mention, but, she shouldn't have behaved that way. She has had time to discuss it with him in private, but so far it doesn't seem like she will do that. Instead she's acting out passive aggressively. She's probably just regretting the drunken romp in the bed because she didn't like him before & realized she made a huge mistake leading him on with sex.

Maybe she will have some huge revelations on Unfiltered next week about what her problem is; we'd all like to know the truth (especially Jake at this point).

And people who take supplements don't necessarily do so for libido/performance. Yes that can be, but, our food sources are terribly depleted, even organics, so some supplementation isn't a bad thing health-wise, especially if he's got such a limited diet right now (although he's said he's trying to expand out again with food, it can't happen quickly because he could really upset his digestive system with things he's not used to eating, so slow is the way to go).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I hope she is sufficiently contrite about this because this pissed me off almost as much as the Chris stuff. It is just so juvenile and mean! This is what a fucking high school girl would do. If I was Jake I would have been so hurt to see everyone there.

Of course, maybe he doesn't care because he's mature enough to realize these people aren't actually his friends - just acquaintances he met a week ago and is being force to socialize with because of a stupid tv show.......

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I missed something because what, exactly, did Haley do to Jake?

She told him the girls were getting together downstairs for drinks and then he went down later and found everyone there. She basically lied to him to get away from him. It's not clear to me if everyone else knew she did this or if she lied to them as to why he wasn't with her.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

@Crashcourse and @silverbell, according to Jake, Haley told him she wanted to have a girls' night and went to meet them at the bar. He went down later and all of the couples were there - not just the girls. When they saw him (again, according to Jake), they all ran away. If this is true, it shows Haley's true character. We don't know what she told the others about why Jake wasn't there, so she is the only one I hold responsible. Or, it could be that just like Jake, the men showed up to what was really a girls' night. We don't know why they bailed.

• Useful 2
28 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

She told him that she and the other wives were having a girls night out. He said fine, and went to the bar or restaurant downstairs to get food. When he got there, he saw the entire group together without him, and when they saw him, they left. So there was some kind of group event that she lied to him about because she wanted to exclude him. Childish mean girl shit.

44 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Of course, maybe he doesn't care because he's mature enough to realize these people aren't actually his friends - just acquaintances he met a week ago and is being force to socialize with because of a stupid tv show.......

Yes. And sometimes the cast forms what appears to be a real bond, but as someone said, that doesn’t appear to be happening this time. I think Brianna and Paige like each other, but the rest of the group is pretty awkward - the whole “so, how’s it going?” conversations are pretty awkward with both the men and women.

I think that’s another part of why Chris was so put off by Erik telling him to man up - not only was it none of Erik’s business, but Chris and Erik aren’t even superficially friends. Chris went to Vincent first to share his big news, not Erik. I think that’s also why Chris said Virginia and Paige aren’t friends, and what was at the root of him calling Virginia fake.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, pdlinda said:

As soon as I heard Chris incessantly and seemingly unconsciously using the "ya know what I mean" phrase over and over and over to "explain" different points he was trying to make, it was like "deja vu" (all over again).  That phrase (coming from inmates of all ethnicities, backgrounds and ages) immediately raised the Red B.S. Flag for me.

Chris actually says, "You know what I'm sayin'" but maybe that's the equivalent of "You know what I mean"?  But I ran into "You know what I'm sayin'" back in the mid 1990s, when I dated a guy for several years who taught 9th grade in an underperforming school.  His students all used it, and he picked it up from them.  In that situation, it didn't appear to be anything more than "like" or "I mean" or similar verbal tics, and very much like them in that it drove me insane.

15 hours ago, zoltana said:

I don't understand the ex because why would she still want this P*$ after watching him get married and sex up another woman. 

But at the time this was playing out, she didn't watch anything, so all she'd know was what he told her.  And if he told her got married for some TV show, I can see her not taking it seriously.  And I have no clue about whether he would have told her he'd sexed up Paige, mainly because I don't understand him at all.

15 hours ago, zoltana said:

I don't understand Paige either.  She seems like such an intelligent woman with a kind heart who would make a genuinely decent partner.  My guess would be that she's sticking it out as long as she can because production keeps reminding her it's good television, the stipend and the chance of a reality, celebrity label and jobs afterward.

She's made it pretty clear that she thinks this is all God's will. 

4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

[Haley] didn’t care for him, so why have sex? 

Because she was drunk. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

@Crashcourse and @silverbell, according to Jake, Haley told him she wanted to have a girls' night and went to meet them at the bar. He went down later and all of the couples were there - not just the girls. When they saw him (again, according to Jake), they all ran away. If this is true, it shows Haley's true character. We don't know what she told the others about why Jake wasn't there, so she is the only one I hold responsible. Or, it could be that just like Jake, the men showed up to what was really a girls' night. We don't know why they bailed.

Well, if the guys did not know, they why wouldn't they go talk to Jake when he showed up surprised to let him know it was nothing he did, you know, show him they were not rejecting him? I am surprised that Vincent or Ryan would just run away.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Ok, thanks for the explanations for what Haley allegedly did to Jake.  I say "allegedly" because I'm not sure we've got the complete story of exactly what went down.  And if the rest of the group saw him, why did they all leave?  I would think somebody--maybe nosy Erik and Virginia--would have said something to him.  It all sounds strange, so I'll withhold judgement on Haley.  Hopefully, next week the rest of the group can shed some light on what happened.   

7 minutes ago, cinsaysit said:

Well, if the guys did not know, they why wouldn't they go talk to Jake when he showed up surprised to let him know it was nothing he did, you know, show him they were not rejecting him? I am surprised that Vincent or Ryan would just run away.

Exactly.  It just doesn't make sense.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Or, if Vivica A Fox was in it, it would be called "I married the WRONG Stranger!" 

The only thing left for this to be a Lifetime movie is for Chris to take out a secret insurance policy on Paige and then take her to a remote cabin where she meets with an unfortunate accident.

Hypochris then collects the on money on the policy and sets ups a wretched "rob the people blind ministry" in Paige's honor.

It is up to Paige's girlfriend/auntie/mother/ sister to bring him down and seek justice for Paige. I suggests she be played by Kim Fields from the old Facts of Life show or one of the Mowry twins if we need someone younger.

This shit writes itself.

Also, Paige if you can't take a hint...run... far and fast as you can.

If the show dares sue you then we as an audience will each donate 50 cents a piece to your $100,000 fine.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

It all sounds strange, so I'll withhold judgement on Haley.  Hopefully, next week the rest of the group can shed some light on what happened.   

Although it's not clear how much the rest of the group knew or how much they were involved in leaving him out, Hayley's face and demeanor the next day read pretty damn guilty to me. Until this episode she was so boring I couldn't even remember she was there, but the more they show of her the less I like her.....

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Ilovepie said:

Although it's not clear how much the rest of the group knew or how much they were involved in leaving him out, Hayley's face and demeanor the next day read pretty damn guilty to me. Until this episode she was so boring I couldn't even remember she was there, but the more they show of her the less I like her.....

Ok, fine if you don't like her--I get that--but my point was that I wasn't clear on exactly what went down and I'd like to get more info from someone else in the group.   Her face and demeanor didn't read "guilty" to me, so we'll see.  In the meantime, we can agree to disagree about this episode on a reality tv show.    

• Love 1

Playing Devil's Advocate, looking from Haley's POV.

To quote Judy Tenuda...It could happen...

Thinking she wanted to gather the hens to emote about her tragic regretful time in the sack with Gramps.

The other  brides insisted in dragging their huzzies down with them...let the boys hang out together while the gals commiserate with Haley.

A producer kicked the hornet's nest to create drama and tipped off Jake that the cast was downstairs, he caught them red handed and got his feelers hurt.

It probably started innocently with Haley wanting support from her home gals.

She likes consensus. She likes group think. She's been a bridesmaid 14 times with 3 more in the pipeline, she's a lemming.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

A producer kicked the hornet's nest to create drama and tipped off Jake that the cast was downstairs, he caught them red handed and got his feelers hurt.

Then wouldn't they have shown this? We just heard about it from Jake so we don't know what happened. If the producers tipped him off, then they wanted to create drams, and they would have shown it. I get that he was hurt, but I am still waiting to hear from others what happened. Like has been posted, Haley will be on Unfiltered this week. I don't care enough to watch it, but maybe it will come up.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Playing Devil's Advocate, looking from Haley's POV.

To quote Judy Tenuda...It could happen...

Thinking she wanted to gather the hens to emote about her tragic regretful time in the sack with Gramps.

The other  brides insisted in dragging their huzzies down with them...let the boys hang out together while the gals commiserate with Haley.

It probably started innocently with Haley wanting support from her home gals.

She likes consensus. She like group think. She's been a bridesmaid 14 times with 3 more in the pipeline, she's a lemming.

This is quite plausible. But it doesn't appear she did anything to smooth things over with him in the aftermath. She had to know what it looked like when he showed up, and he doesn't seem like someone who would exaggerate or lie. I am interested to hear what she has to say about this.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Then wouldn't they have shown this?

Perhaps the camera crew and tattletale producer were at their production crew hotel and texted Jake.

None of the cast had their phones documenting.

Also it can be a fake recreation of the huddling for drama's sake...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

This is quite plausible. But it doesn't appear she did anything to smooth things over with him in the aftermath. She had to know what it looked like when he showed up, and he doesn't seem like someone who would exaggerate or lie. I am interested to hear what she has to say about this.

Haley doesn’t seem to be the type who goes out of her way to smooth things over. 

• Love 6

After this episode I am really struck by the very high level of macho across the board with this season of MAFS.  When Ryan rather sanctimoniously told Clara (and it clearly wasn't the first time), to keep her mouth shut and she looked really hurt, I felt bad for her.  This rhetoric she was parroting in her talking head after that moment of wanting your wife to be "her best self," which I have seen on other reality shows involving couples, to me is code for "control your wife to meet your expectations."  I have more sympathy with Vincent but I think he would be less aggrieved by Briana's bossiness if he didn't interpret it as "disrespect."  Then we have Eric who thinks men and women can't be friends.  I get that he was defending Virginia's honor at the dinner, but he did so in a very macho way that just set the equally macho Chris off even further.  The least macho of them all is ironically enough cave-man Jake, who I feel really sorry for.

On a much more minor note: Chris's rhinestone "C" necklace is tacky and would have worked better on "Sex and the City."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

On a much more minor note: Chris's rhinestone "C" necklace is tacky and would have worked better on "Sex and the City."

Thank you for noticing his CZ tacky pendant...betcha he is getting one made for the fetu$.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

All fantastical conjecture....

Jake was glad filming was done for the day and did not mind having time alone to do his workout, game for a couple of hours, do work/code when Haley said she was meeting with the gals.

With the past week of chaos of shooting the show he welcomed a steak dinner and some alone time in peace and quiet of their suite.

Haley wanted to have drinks and appetizers with the brides and suggested they meet downstairs.

Not her fault the grooms came down with the other brides....

It was a misunderstanding.

The editing makes it look like Jake is butt hurt about being left out of the impromptu party downstairs compounded with Haley's failure to initiate PDA with him.

Jake is not going to like that Haley has a strong pull out game (unlike PO$) and will not be bullied to do anything she's not feeling.

Jake is expecting an apology and Haley has none to give.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Not her fault the grooms came down with the other brides....

It was a misunderstanding.

Then why did they all scatter to the wind when they saw Jake ?  I hope it's not what it seems, but there are questions...

• Love 5
20 hours ago, pdlinda said:

As soon as I heard Chris incessantly and seemingly unconsciously using the "ya know what I mean" phrase over and over and over to "explain" different points he was trying to make, it was like "deja vu" (all over again).  That phrase (coming from inmates of all ethnicities, backgrounds and ages) immediately raised the Red B.S. Flag for me.

Hypochris saying that phrase incessantly reminded me of a husband from Why Did i Get Married? That was new. He mumbles & repeats a phrase like I broken record & also freaks out in a split second. What next?😅 I'm a little scared to find out.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
  • I think Vincent is hyper-aware of the "bossy" comments Brianna's friends and family said about her at the wedding and breakfast and instead of coming to that conclusion himself after weeks and months of marriage, he is already blaming tiny little things like "turn off the light" as being bossy.  I've not seen her being that way, but that's not what bothers me.  It's these tattle-tale family members who when asked to say something about their relative/best friend to the complete stranger they are about to marry, instead of affirming what a great person they are, they turn it into a celebrity roast  Last year, Brett seemed mortified over the stupid things his brothers howled about to Olivia.   Brianna's family wasn't being helpful telling Vincent she's bossy.  It's one thing to say, well...she has a habit of wearing stripes and checks together or she's as blind as a bat without her glasses, but being bossy is a pretty negative trait.  People don't usually call someone bossy admiringly.  We need a moratorium on family members that use their relative's wedding as an audition for the comedy circuit, or well intentioned friends making sure the new spouse knows every character flaw since the age of 3.  
  • Five minutes into the current show, I was fast forwarding Paige and Chris.  Him for obvious reasons.  Her because I've concluded she likes the attention of being the put-upon spouse and is going to milk the 'oh, poor poor Paige married to that big meanie Chris' for as long as she can.  Seriously....nothing the man does upsets her.  
  • Years ago I dated a very nice guy.  I liked everything about him but......he had a very weird personal scent.  Not the scent from cheap cologne.  I'm talking about the scent of his skin.  It had nothing to do with sweat or cleanliness.  When he had his arm around me, the smell would set my teeth on edge.  It wasn't awful....it just rubbed me the wrong way.  We didn't date long enough to actually "break up"...we just drifted apart.  But I always felt so shallow not liking someone because of the way they smelled.  In every other respect he was great.  That's why I think Hailey is turned off by something personal about Jake, and she just can't bring herself to tell him because it would hurt him.  Maybe he has bad breath,  Would you tell that to someone you'd just met 3 days before?  Maybe he's a sloppy kisser or breathes on her when she sleeps.  Point is, we've all laughed that Jacob is kind of boring, but I don't think Hailey would give up so soon just because of that....she'd probably be trying to figure out how to update his wardrobe and haircut.  No, there's something about him that's a deal breaker for her.  She's already done, but she can't bring herself to tell him why because it would make her look really petty and shallow.  At least that's my take on it.  Has nothing to do with being independent most of her life.  
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, karenbrady said:

She's SO HARD UP. DESPERATE. 

Her "desperation" might be leading her down a slippery financial slope.  I don't know about GA's community property (marital) laws; however, with Chris' bravado about his earnings and Paige squeamishly stating she only earns a "sliver" of what he presumably earns she might not be aware enough to realize that she might be holding the bag for this new "addition" to Chris' (by extension, her) family.

Assuming that Chris is blowing smoke about his financial assets (between the 2 sizes too small suits the the rhinestone necklace certain conclusions about his financial health may be drawn) and Paige divulging her actual income, SHE might be in peril of assuming the primary role as financial "head of household" with all the responsibilities that entails.

Depending on GA law if it is a community property state (I'm sure someone on this board knows), and Chris is UNABLE to make the child support payments that the ex-GF will certainly be awarded by the Court, it may fall to Paige to cover his obligations to the child.  In any event, after the child is born, Chris will have to disclose his financial statements in detail so the TRUTH about his "wealth" and enormous income will be revealed.

Let's hope that Paige sees the financial jeopardy she MAY be placing herself in and dump him on DD!!  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I watch every minute and did not see anything to this nature.  Someone please say what Haley did to piss Jake off.

3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Ok, thanks.  I must have been typing as usual and missed that.  I’m going to watch again and see.  No more typing during show.

4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

It's quite a jump to think Jake doesn't have it going on in the BR just because Haley childishly & cruelly shut him out of a group gathering. Maybe something did happen that she doesn't want to mention, but, she shouldn't have behaved that way. She has had time to discuss it with him in private, but so far it doesn't seem like she will do that. Instead she's acting out passive aggressively. She's probably just regretting the drunken romp in the bed because she didn't like him before & realized she made a huge mistake leading him on with sex.

Maybe she will have some huge revelations on Unfiltered next week about what her problem is; we'd all like to know the truth (especially Jake at this point).

And people who take supplements don't necessarily do so for libido/performance. Yes that can be, but, our food sources are terribly depleted, even organics, so some supplementation isn't a bad thing health-wise, especially if he's got such a limited diet right now (although he's said he's trying to expand out again with food, it can't happen quickly because he could really upset his digestive system with things he's not used to eating, so slow is the way to go).

Now they are talking about Jakes prowness?   Maybe she laid there like a board and turned him off.  She’s not all that, and shame on her for going down without him.  Plus, he’s on a high protein diet and the supplements are veggies he’s missing.  This guy just can’t get a break.  Why not talk about Ryan?  Nothing going on there, but everyone loves him.  Clara is hurting and we can see it from a mile away.  What’s with him?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I think it could be a simple matter of "Buyer's Remorse." That is, morning-after regret and shame because Haley succumbed to lust with a man she has no feelings for, particularly piercing if the sex IN THE MOMENT was enjoyable! 

I’m sure it’s not her first time she was disappointed.  She might be the dud.  It takes two, and nobody should tell what transpired in the first place.  She doesn’t show me much.  There four or five days and already talking and having drinks with the girlfriends only.  Not right.  She signed up for this, now see it through.  I think she’s overrated.  Cold heart.

• Love 12

It only took Chris 4 days to have everyone revolving around him like he's the sun. Only he's not sunny, warm and uplifting, he's egocentric, angry and sulking. It's always about him. Paige responds with religious platitudes.  If he really had it together, he would leave the show and give Paige her life back.  Notice how everyone backs away from him.  

Virginia needs to remember that when she mouths off to a guy, the guy is going to go after the man she's with not her.  

• Love 10