Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Defending Your Wife

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JapMo said:
  • I think Vincent is hyper-aware of the "bossy" comments Brianna's friends and family said about her at the wedding and breakfast and instead of coming to that conclusion himself after weeks and months of marriage, he is already blaming tiny little things like "turn off the light" as being bossy.  I've not seen her being that way, but that's not what bothers me.  It's these tattle-tale family members who when asked to say something about their relative/best friend to the complete stranger they are about to marry, instead of affirming what a great person they are, they turn it into a celebrity roast  Last year, Brett seemed mortified over the stupid things his brothers howled about to Olivia.   Brianna's family wasn't being helpful telling Vincent she's bossy.  It's one thing to say, well...she has a habit of wearing stripes and checks together or she's as blind as a bat without her glasses, but being bossy is a pretty negative trait.  People don't usually call someone bossy admiringly.  We need a moratorium on family members that use their relative's wedding as an audition for the comedy circuit, or well intentioned friends making sure the new spouse knows every character flaw since the age of 3.  
  • Five minutes into the current show, I was fast forwarding Paige and Chris.  Him for obvious reasons.  Her because I've concluded she likes the attention of being the put-upon spouse and is going to milk the 'oh, poor poor Paige married to that big meanie Chris' for as long as she can.  Seriously....nothing the man does upsets her.  
  • Years ago I dated a very nice guy.  I liked everything about him but......he had a very weird personal scent.  Not the scent from cheap cologne.  I'm talking about the scent of his skin.  It had nothing to do with sweat or cleanliness.  When he had his arm around me, the smell would set my teeth on edge.  It wasn't awful....it just rubbed me the wrong way.  We didn't date long enough to actually "break up"...we just drifted apart.  But I always felt so shallow not liking someone because of the way they smelled.  In every other respect he was great.  That's why I think Hailey is turned off by something personal about Jake, and she just can't bring herself to tell him because it would hurt him.  Maybe he has bad breath,  Would you tell that to someone you'd just met 3 days before?  Maybe he's a sloppy kisser or breathes on her when she sleeps.  Point is, we've all laughed that Jacob is kind of boring, but I don't think Hailey would give up so soon just because of that....she'd probably be trying to figure out how to update his wardrobe and haircut.  No, there's something about him that's a deal breaker for her.  She's already done, but she can't bring herself to tell him why because it would make her look really petty and shallow.  At least that's my take on it.  Has nothing to do with being independent most of her life.  

I think you are right.  I went with a nice guy for a bit that always smelled of garlic.  His mother must have cooked a lot with it and was in his pores.  My husband on the other hand had many banlon shirts with a collar and always smelled so clean.  His mother did his clothes.  He had one in every color. That clean smell and his nice cologne put me over the edge.  He was immaculate ..still is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

The only thing left for this to be a Lifetime movie is for Chris to take out a secret insurance policy on Paige and then take her to a remote cabin where she meets with an unfortunate accident.

Hypochris then collects the on money on the policy and sets ups a wretched "rob the people blind ministry" in Paige's honor.

It is up to Paige's girlfriend/auntie/mother/ sister to bring him down and seek justice for Paige. I suggests she be played by Kim Fields from the old Facts of Life show or one of the Mowry twins if we need someone younger.

Love it!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2021 at 8:32 AM, Starlight925 said:

Chris/Paige:  He's a Narcissistic sociopath, and she's the Empathiest Empath ever.  Great match.  A true narcissist who needs Triangulation for his emotional life to work, so he drips and drops things in about his ex, just so he can watch Paige squirm.  A true Empath who needs to understand, to feel like she's going to save it all, through the grace of prayer.  

Totally agrees with Paige’s empathy.   Even when he said he was thinking of getting back with the ex, she asked clarifying questions about what he specifically meant before she reacted.  

I have a different POV on Paige than a lot of others.   I think she knows exactly who Chris is.  She’s catching all the red flags he’s throwing and addressing them with him one on one.   However, she is being very mature and not then bad mouthing him to the group.  Just as he doesn’t bad mouth her to the group.  The other couples are not her friends.  She’s known them about as long as her husband.   They are trying to fight a battle for her that’s she’s already fought for herself.  None of them said anything to Chris that she hadn’t already discussed with him.  I hope she leaves but if she stays I think she stays knowing what she is getting and agreeing to.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:13 AM, sara416 said:

Team Erik here. I don't think he did anything wrong in that fight with Chris. He stood up for his wife, and honestly I think he would have done that if he had heard Chris talk to any of the women that way. And when he stood up, it was to LEAVE, not to physically fight with Chris. 

I hate Chris, but Team Chris on this one.   What Erik did wrong was come to dinner late, then made that speech in front of the group.   It was a conversation he should have had one on one (on camera) with Chris.  Doing it in front of the group was to use Chris’s word, disrespectful.   Because it was a warning rather than an effort to squash the beef.

Edited by After7Only
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 2/17/2021 at 6:40 PM, Silver Bells said:

Chris’s favorite word is disrespectful.  He’s the disrespectful one.  So sick of him.  What were the experts thinking when they picked him. 

Anytime you don't worship the ground he walks on your being disrespectful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, JapMo said:
  •  
  • Years ago I dated a very nice guy.  I liked everything about him but......he had a very weird personal scent.  Not the scent from cheap cologne.  I'm talking about the scent of his skin.  It had nothing to do with sweat or cleanliness.  When he had his arm around me, the smell would set my teeth on edge.  It wasn't awful....it just rubbed me the wrong way.  We didn't date long enough to actually "break up"...we just drifted apart.  But I always felt so shallow not liking someone because of the way they smelled.  In every other respect he was great.  That's why I think Hailey is turned off by something personal about Jake, and she just can't bring herself to tell him because it would hurt him.  Maybe he has bad breath,  Would you tell that to someone you'd just met 3 days before?  Maybe he's a sloppy kisser or breathes on her when she sleeps.  Point is, we've all laughed that Jacob is kind of boring, but I don't think Hailey would give up so soon just because of that....she'd probably be trying to figure out how to update his wardrobe and haircut.  No, there's something about him that's a deal breaker for her.  She's already done, but she can't bring herself to tell him why because it would make her look really petty and shallow.  At least that's my take on it.  Has nothing to do with being independent most of her life.  

Yes.  Scent is everything to me.  My hubby smells so good to me, just the scent of him.  I dated a guy who, when he kissed me, I tasted pencil erasers.  Every time.  He was a big steak eater too....but even with freshly brushed teeth, erasers.  30 years later I can still taste it. Yuck. 
However, Hayley seems cold to me.  Not at all soft or caring.  Even her smile seems hard to me. And I think Jake is a cutie.  He’s my type, smart and quiet and sweet, at least from what we are shown. 
Hopefully we will get some answers.  

• Love 10
On 2/17/2021 at 8:08 PM, Myrtle Urkele said:

Okay so Chris is trash, but I have to agree with his point ( to a degree). Eric and Virginia were slushed up most of their honeymoon and they were definitely doing a poke-the-bear as a result.  This does not ultimately help Paige (which is Paige and Clara's rationale).  I do not understand why Virginia (and Eric) were putting themselves in the situation so much. This whole Chris and baby mama reveal has ruined the dynamic of this season of MAFS. In order to get any type of screen time,  you have to be in his storyline.

Plus Chris really doesn't like either of them.  They are throwing gas on the fire by being drunk, confronting him and trying to be "nice" in their messed up way of supposedly being nice.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2021 at 12:02 AM, Rae Spellman said:

Chris is terrible. I prefer him to Erik.

I struggle with this show because from the start we all knew who Chris was.  So nothing he's done has shocked me, it's just confirmed what I already knew.  He's still leading this dance in the most dislikable person on this show but Erik and Virginia are closing that gap quickly.  I think I dislike Virginia more then Erik right now.  I hate the "I've never been so" fill in the blank statements.  She said I've never been so disrespected in my life and also never been called fake.  Get out of here with that crap.  I'm one of the most direct and blunt people out there and I've been called fake.

Edited by TJ N
  • Love 6

STOP VICTIM BLAMING PAIGE!!! I usually look forward to reading people's comments on this forum, but now they're starting to make me sick. She went onto this show because she wanted love. She got married to this man! This is something she really wants to work. It's not her fault she got paired with manipulative narcissistic asshole! She's legally binded to this man. She's trying so hard to make her dream come true and I don't think it's fair for people to say "she deserves it" because she didn't immediately leave. It's comments like these that make it even harder for women to leave abusive relationships. 

I RESPECT HER FOR HAVING SUCH A BIG HEART. She's fighting HARD, and she's a goddess. I just hope she doesn't lose herself in this losing battle.... she's brave for trying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

I hate Chris, but Team Chris on this one.   What Erik did wrong was come to dinner late, then made that speech in front of the group.   It was a conversation he should have had one on one (on camera) with Chris.  Doing it in front of the group was to use Chris’s word, disrespectful.   Because it was a warning rather than an effort to squash the beef.

Chris actually listened to what Eric had to say and then it was time for his rebuttal and Erik interrupted him.  When someone dislikes you and you interrupt them you are really asking for all the drama that transpires after that. I'm still trying to figure out Erik.  Is he just that dense in not realizing Chris really doesn't like him?  Is the drunkenness clouding his judgement on everything?  Does he really think he's the smartest person on the show?  Or does he just like the drama and really wants to bring it out and it's easy for him to do with Chris?  I liked Eric at the beginning of the show but he's almost impossible to like right now. 

• Love 6

I'm not a fan of Brianna's baby talk around Vincent- it isn't cute and makes my skin crawl.  Hailey was very rude to exclude Jacob in a couples date by lying and saying it was "Girls Night".  I sense a tightly wound, coldness to Hailey and inflexibility that comes from being alone for so long.  Jacob is great at gently approaching issues and expressing his feelings without being overbearing or demanding and Hailey always goes into this annoying, selective mutism when questioned that makes a connection nearly impossible.  I'm looking forward to next week when Jacob puts his foot down- we will get loads of Hailey's frowns and the  I'm hoping the stark white walls of their temporary apartment and modern furniture will make Jacob cut his losses from Hailey and go back to his awesome Ron Burgundy 70's bachelor pad.  

• Love 10

It looked like Clara looked away from Hypochris at the dinner, but it was the way they were seated. It also looked like Hypochris was ignoring Erik & Virginia, but they weren't there. I wonder what he was going to say to them. If he was gunna fake apologize & say he's there for them or what. Maybe he was gunna combine them with Clara & Ryan's "apology." Erik probably would've said the same thing. Hypochris is too unstable for confrontation & can't act mature with anything calling him out. I vote him off MAFS Island. He can take that uncivilized behavior to Love & Hip Hop. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

Thr body language between Erik and Virginia during the fights is weird, at the ATV Erik reached out and she pushed him away, once Chris calls her fake she reaches for Erik, then they get on the bus and Virginia turns to engage when Chris returns fire she taps Erik on the leg says something to him I suspect she is playing the poor victim and telling Erik he needs to defend her because he then turns and tells Chris to calm down. With the way Erik came into dinner I suspect he got an earful of Virginia that he did not do enough to defend her.

I do not think Erik and Virginia had any intention of staying for the last dinner, they came to berate Chris cause more drama and then play the victim. Virginia's first words were inviting Paige and only Paige to take a shot knowing that would annoy Chris, then once Erik defended his precious wife Virginia was on her feet pulling Erik's arm saying we are leaving  before Chris had even responded even though Erik had turned to talk to Ryan. After walking away Erik gets rewarded by Virginia wrapping herself around him, kissing his shoulder and in her giggling little girl voice she thanks him for defending her.

Erik is an idiot for somebody that it supposed to be a fairly chill guy he has become a drunk drama filled know it all real quick to get pats on the back from his wife. Hope the sex is worth his reputation being ruined and you just know his mom is going to be delivering a lecture on what an idiot he has been.

All three set of red flags for me Chris is a manipulative douche bag, Erik is a condecending controlling douchebag and Virginia seems to get off on causing drama and then playing the poor little woman that needs defending. None of them acknowledge the parts they play in escalating the drama and all claim to be victims.

My only sympathy is for Paige who is caught in a crap marriage that she desperately wants to work and then gets caught up in Virginia's need for drama when the group meets because Chris called her drunk and fake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/18/2021 at 10:05 AM, seacliffsal said:

I was pretty much seething the entire episode.  Having Chris and Paige on has really ruined the honeymoons for the others. 
And Chris?  Anything anybody says to him is "disrespectful." 

These people don't know how to handle Chris.    He's not going to respond to scripture verses or reasonable talks or playing nice.

A.  I would tell Chris he's right, I don't respect him.

B. The move is antagonize him until he's ready to fight like at dinner, then follow through and give him the beating of a lifetime making sure to crack some ribs.  Rib pain is horrible and will keep him down for a while.  Just get him to initiate the fight and be the first to file charges when it's over.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is constant lateness.  I've ended friendships over it.  But to be late when you know there's not only a group awaiting dinner, plus a camera crew?  Are you kidding me?  

Yeah, I know, Erik & Virginia were gettin' it on & had to clean up.  Got it.  Check.  I don't care how long it's been since you've had sex with an actual human, Erik....you know better.

And I'm not so sure Erik is so squeaky clean in this debacle.  He & his precious wifey (which, frankly, I don't get the "hotness") antagonized Chris.  They kept going at him, and as much disdain as I have for Chris, he had a point:  We've told you about our issue.  How we handle it from here is a private matter.

We've all known couples with relationship/marital issues.  They'll confide in us, but often, at a certain point, it's time to step away and let them handle it privately.  Unless there are obvious signs of abuse (which I don't see here), it's fair for Chris & Paige to ask the others to now step away and let them handle it.

Do I think Paige & Chris will live happily after?  H*ll to the no.  But is it ok for her to accept this, and try to work it out?  Of course.  It's her life.

Looks like next week, Paige might be meeting the Ex.  Narcissist Chris will love this.  Paige will try to be so accommodating and sweet, while Ex puts on sugar.  

Chris will then fan flames, texting Ex behind Paige's back, but holding Paige's hand while talking to Ex.  

Triangulation:  complete.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Yes.  Scent is everything to me.  pencil erasers.  but even with freshly brushed teeth, erasers.

Me too!

The perfect date had "all the boxes checked off" and "on paper, perfect for me" but had a very strong scalp smell...gag...

Smell you later!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 2/18/2021 at 10:10 AM, Silver Bells said:

YES.  You are 100% Right.  There’s nothing wrong with him.  So he’s quiet  .. so what?  He’s respectful, can have an intelligent conversation, is smart, etc.  I think she’s a little conceited.  Plus, it’s very rude to be talking to her 100 girlfriends on her honeymoon.  She acts like she’s better than Jake.  If she is such a catch, why is she on this show in the first place.  Need help finding a partner?

Right! She’s so popular and has all these friends, but yet she can’t find a guy? She’s relatively attractive, but she has a had such a hard time finding a man that she went on MAFS to find a connection? Something is wrong with her and she knows it. For some reason she knew she this is what it would take to find her life partner. She has intimacy issues. Who has that many TRUE friends? And she doesn’t express herself—part of her intimacy problem.

• Love 9

Re: Haley - right about everything said above. Plus, her family even told Jake that she is "a tough nut to crack" and she tends to shut down, but don't give up on her. So, this is typical Haley behavior. Jake doesn't need this garbage with someone he just met. She does seem conceited to me and that she thinks she is better than he is. The fact that she is bringing her friends on the honeymoon with them (via FaceTime) and not spending that time talking to her husband says that she has checked out (if she was ever checked in). Definitely not a fan of hers and I think he could have made a good partner (maybe), but not to her.

• Love 11

Virginia reminds me of Gretchen Wilson

She is a 47 year old country singer with songs including “I’m here for the party”, “all jacked up” and “redneck woman”. That’s all I’m going to say. My mom taught me that if I didn’t have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all, so...(***crickets***). Lol 

43EA9674-9582-4284-8CF7-6BBB6C9DBD37.jpeg

49E51510-E650-4367-8773-5B4F26EA7DB9.jpeg

Edited by Spectator
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Thr body language between Erik and Virginia during the fights is weird, at the ATV Erik reached out and she pushed him away, once Chris calls her fake she reaches for Erik, then they get on the bus and Virginia turns to engage when Chris returns fire she taps Erik on the leg says something to him I suspect she is playing the poor victim and telling Erik he needs to defend her because he then turns and tells Chris to calm down. With the way Erik came into dinner I suspect he got an earful of Virginia that he did not do enough to defend her.

I do not think Erik and Virginia had any intention of staying for the last dinner, they came to berate Chris cause more drama and then play the victim. Virginia's first words were inviting Paige and only Paige to take a shot knowing that would annoy Chris, then once Erik defended his precious wife Virginia was on her feet pulling Erik's arm saying we are leaving  before Chris had even responded even though Erik had turned to talk to Ryan. After walking away Erik gets rewarded by Virginia wrapping herself around him, kissing his shoulder and in her giggling little girl voice she thanks him for defending her.

Erik is an idiot for somebody that it supposed to be a fairly chill guy he has become a drunk drama filled know it all real quick to get pats on the back from his wife. Hope the sex is worth his reputation being ruined and you just know his mom is going to be delivering a lecture on what an idiot he has been.

All three set of red flags for me Chris is a manipulative douche bag, Erik is a condecending controlling douchebag and Virginia seems to get off on causing drama and then playing the poor little woman that needs defending. None of them acknowledge the parts they play in escalating the drama and all claim to be victims.

My only sympathy is for Paige who is caught in a crap marriage that she desperately wants to work and then gets caught up in Virginia's need for drama when the group meets because Chris called her drunk and fake.

2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is constant lateness.  I've ended friendships over it.  But to be late when you know there's not only a group awaiting dinner, plus a camera crew?  Are you kidding me?  

Yeah, I know, Erik & Virginia were gettin' it on & had to clean up.  Got it.  Check.  I don't care how long it's been since you've had sex with an actual human, Erik....you know better.

And I'm not so sure Erik is so squeaky clean in this debacle.  He & his precious wifey (which, frankly, I don't get the "hotness") antagonized Chris.  They kept going at him, and as much disdain as I have for Chris, he had a point:  We've told you about our issue.  How we handle it from here is a private matter.

We've all known couples with relationship/marital issues.  They'll confide in us, but often, at a certain point, it's time to step away and let them handle it privately.  Unless there are obvious signs of abuse (which I don't see here), it's fair for Chris & Paige to ask the others to now step away and let them handle it.

Do I think Paige & Chris will live happily after?  H*ll to the no.  But is it ok for her to accept this, and try to work it out?  Of course.  It's her life.

Looks like next week, Paige might be meeting the Ex.  Narcissist Chris will love this.  Paige will try to be so accommodating and sweet, while Ex puts on sugar.  

Chris will then fan flames, texting Ex behind Paige's back, but holding Paige's hand while talking to Ex.  

Triangulation:  complete.

I think Erik is totally smitten with his younger bride and she is still on the fence about him. Remember how Erik was on cloud 9 saying that they get along so well, they were ahead of all the other couples in intimacy, and had no issues? Then we cut to Virginia talking about all the things that she does not like about Erik (his conservative family, how he does not like that she has so many male friends). I actually do not dislike them separately but think they they are kind of a disaster together.

I think his money will probably be the main reason she stays with him but unless one of them changes significantly, it could be a recipe for disaster. I am willing to bet they stay together on D-day (not a spoiler just speculation) because he is head over heels and his money and flying schedule will allow her to drink and party...a lot.

I kind of wonder if Hailey wishes she was matched up with someone like Erik?

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think Erik is totally smitten with his younger bride and she is still on the fence about him. Remember how Erik was on cloud 9 saying that they get along so well, they were ahead of all the other couples in intimacy, and had no issues? Then we cut to Virginia talking about all the things that she does not like about Erik (his conservative family, how he does not like that she has so many male friends). I actually do not dislike them separately but think they they are kind of a disaster together.

I think his money will probably be the main reason she stays with him but unless one of them changes significantly, it could be a recipe for disaster. I am willing to bet they stay together on D-day (not a spoiler just speculation) because he is head over heels and his money and flying schedule will allow her to drink and party...a lot.

I kind of wonder if Hailey wishes she was matched up with someone like Erik?

I don’t think Haley knows what she wants.  She’s too busy adoring herself.  Girlfriends are fine, but not on the honeymoon when you’re trying to get to know your spouse.  Which she didn’t do by the way.  They probably had some drunk sex and she forgot about it.  Jake is trying at least .. she looks like she will fall over with disgust.  Bet one of her girlfriends would take Jake in a minute.  I watched everything again today.  Paige ruined everyone’s whole honeymoon with her problems.  Everyone was so concerned about her.  That’s selfish of her.  You married him, now stfu.  He’s your problem.  I won’t even waste my time talking about her or that blowhard.  I hope they leave.  Eric needs to go to the gym and beef up.  A good wind would knock him down.  Virginia will be the death of him if he stays with her.  She’s not Mother material at all.  She’s a party girl.  He’s starting to party with her and will lose his license.  Hmmm the Engineer is bossy.  Yes,she’s in charge of building.  You have to be bossy. Why did they pair her up with a salesman?  I don’t know about Ryan and Clara.  He’s got a lot of good qualities.  So does she.  I don’t think he cared for Clara getting involved in Chris’s business and rightly so.  Something tells me nobody will stick this time.  I just don’t want to see Chris and Paige on my screen anymore.  I’m watching, but think this is all scripted for drama.  Worse than ever.

• Love 5

IMHO, what matters is not the group's reason for their (deliberate or coincidental) departure when when Jake showed up; what matters is his perception of them.

And he said he observed them hastily turning the corner when he came into view. If Jake thought it was a coincidence, he would have phrased it that way, like ""Oh shoot, I just missed them!"

But instead, Jake knew one thing for sure: He had not been invited to---that Haley and the rest had kept from him---whatever activity the group was planning. 

So not much of a leap in logic for Jake to deduce on sight that everyone there was trying to flee from him.

That could only have been a result of something Haley said, and it couldn't have been anything innocent such as, "Jake won't mind. He wants to nap." Because then upon Jake's arrival the others would have been surprised but welcoming. 

No, it had to have been disturbing enough to offend everyone. And that forces two questions:

If so, why was Jake allowed by the show to remain?

If false, why was Haley allowed by the show to remain?

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Me too!

The perfect date had "all the boxes checked off" and "on paper, perfect for me" but had a very strong scalp smell...gag...

Smell you later!

I once briefly dated a man who overwhelmingly smelled like cardboard even after he showered! Scalp smells would do me in too, good call on that one 😄

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

IMHO, what matters is not the group's reason for their (deliberate or coincidental) departure when when Jake showed up; what matters is his perception of them.

And he said he observed them hastily turning the corner when he came into view. If Jake thought it was a coincidence, he would have phrased it that way, like ""Oh shoot, I just missed them!"

But instead, Jake knew one thing for sure: He had not been invited to---that Haley and the rest had kept from him---whatever activity the group was planning. 

So not much of a leap in logic for Jake to deduce on sight that everyone there was trying to flee from him.

That could only have been a result of something Haley said, and it couldn't have been anything innocent such as, "Jake won't mind. He wants to nap." Because then upon Jake's arrival the others would have been surprised but welcoming. 

No, it had to have been disturbing enough to offend everyone. And that forces two questions:

If so, why was Jake allowed by the show to remain?

If false, why was Haley allowed by the show to remain?

I still don’t get this whole Jake not getting invited thing.  When, where and why did this happen?  Please explain.  If you don’t mind.

42 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

the Engineer is bossy.  Yes,she’s in charge of building.  You have to be bossy. Why did they pair her up with a salesman?  

I think the breaking point for Brianna will be when she realizes that despite Vincent's best efforts and tremendous dedication to his "profession" (I think he's some type of  "middle man" in making deals for luxury cars for clients who are referred to him???) he will wind up not making steady, reliable or continuing income.  Maybe he'll make a few good deals from time to time; however, she's going to wind up paying the bills (like with Jess and Austin) and, it will begin to grate on her (unlike, apparently, Jess and Austin). 

As we can see, Vincent has a very thin skin when it comes to "criticism" and will take offense to any reference Brianna makes to him possibly finding a more "steady" line of work.  He, like Chris, fancies himself a "self-made entrepreneur" capable of earning millions; however, when push comes to shove, the bills come around every, single month and SOMEBODY has to pay them!  

I, like some others upthread, don't believe ANY of these "marriages" will succeed in the end.  Getting candidates in their 30's is a very tricky proposition (especially for the women) because, many are established in their careers and can financially support themselves and when paired with men who are more "fluid" financially (READ THAT TO MEAN unstable) it becomes a "power struggle and imbalance" in the marriage that male egos find hard to overcome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m sure it’s not her first time she was disappointed.  She might be the dud.  It takes two, and nobody should tell what transpired in the first place.  She doesn’t show me much.  There four or five days and already talking and having drinks with the girlfriends only.  Not right.  She signed up for this, now see it through.  I think she’s overrated.  Cold heart.

But I didn't say or suggest Haley was disappointed; quite the converse.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, pdlinda said:

I think the breaking point for Brianna will be when she realizes that despite Vincent's best efforts and tremendous dedication to his "profession" (I think he's some type of  "middle man" in making deals for luxury cars for clients who are referred to him???) he will wind up not making steady, reliable or continuing income.  Maybe he'll make a few good deals from time to time; however, she's going to wind up paying the bills (like with Jess and Austin) and, it will begin to grate on her (unlike, apparently, Jess and Austin). 

As we can see, Vincent has a very thin skin when it comes to "criticism" and will take offense to any reference Brianna makes to him possibly finding a more "steady" line of work.  He, like Chris, fancies himself a "self-made entrepreneur" capable of earning millions; however, when push comes to shove, the bills come around every, single month and SOMEBODY has to pay them!  

I, like some others upthread, don't believe ANY of these "marriages" will succeed in the end.  Getting candidates in their 30's is a very tricky proposition (especially for the women) because, many are established in their careers and can financially support themselves and when paired with men who are more "fluid" financially (READ THAT TO MEAN unstable) it becomes a "power struggle and imbalance" in the marriage that male egos find hard to overcome.

Makes me wonder if the experts asked her (like Dr. Amelia from last season) whether she minds being the main breadwinner in the family, until Vincent's business becomes more stable? I know his last relationship ended because his partner did not like his career decisions.

The breadwinner question is important to ask all the participants (male and female) before they match them up. It is almost as important as the "Do you want kids" question as far as being a deal breaker.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Yes.  Scent is everything to me.  My hubby smells so good to me, just the scent of him.  I dated a guy who, when he kissed me, I tasted pencil erasers.  Every time.  He was a big steak eater too....but even with freshly brushed teeth, erasers.  30 years later I can still taste it. Yuck. 
However, Hayley seems cold to me.  Not at all soft or caring.  Even her smile seems hard to me. And I think Jake is a cutie.  He’s my type, smart and quiet and sweet, at least from what we are shown. 
Hopefully we will get some answers.  

Haley always has a very forced smile.  She’s not for anyone except her girlfriends.  Why did she feel the need to go on a tv show for a match no less?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But I didn't say or suggest Haley was disappointed; quite the converse.

I know that.  I’m asking you to tell me what happened with Jake when he wasn’t invited with the others downstairs.  If you don’t mind.  You seem to know exactly what transpired that night.  

3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I know that.  I’m asking you to tell me what happened with Jake when he wasn’t invited with the others downstairs.  If you don’t mind.  You seem to know exactly what transpired that night.  

Didn't say I knew. Everything I couched in opinion. 

2 hours ago, Spectator said:

She is a 47 year old country singer with songs including “I’m here for the party”, “all jacked up” and “redneck woman”. That’s all I’m going to say. My mom taught me that if I didn’t have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all, so...(***crickets***). Lol 

43EA9674-9582-4284-8CF7-6BBB6C9DBD37.jpeg

49E51510-E650-4367-8773-5B4F26EA7DB9.jpeg

I will never get over how bad her wedding makeup was. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I still don’t get this whole Jake not getting invited thing.  When, where and why did this happen?  Please explain.  If you don’t mind.

Did Jake not act or say he was surprised at seeing everyone together? What else, then, to conclude that he was not aware ahead of time? 

35 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

It was just a small bit at the end of the show, with Jake doing a TH. He explained Haley told him she was going downstairs for a "girls' night", & he was cool with that. So later after she left he said he went downstairs to "get some food/dinner", & saw Haley with some of the other couples (not just "the girls"), who upon seeing him, apparently quickly took off. Jake was visibly hurt by this, & has not gotten an explanation from Haley as to why he was excluded from the little gathering.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2021 at 8:10 AM, Silver Bells said:

YES.  You are 100% Right.  There’s nothing wrong with him.  So he’s quiet  .. so what?  He’s respectful, can have an intelligent conversation, is smart, etc.  I think she’s a little conceited.  Plus, it’s very rude to be talking to her 100 girlfriends on her honeymoon.  She acts like she’s better than Jake.  If she is such a catch, why is she on this show in the first place.  Need help finding a partner?

They've shown her without makeup several times now, she's got nothing to be conceited about.  Maybe it was a different story when she was 22 and she's carrying the attitude later in life.  In any case, she clearly thinks she can do better - yet she hasn't been able to so far and it's not going to get easier for her as the years tick by.

Jake's a odd dude though.  The way he bows his head when he talks is strange.  He needs to hang out with a different crowd maybe.  Some people who will teach him some social skills.

3 hours ago, Spectator said:

Is Virginia lying about her age?  She looks rough for a 26 year old. 

• Love 6

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Did Jake not act or say he was surprised at seeing everyone together? What else, then, to conclude that he was not aware ahead of time? 

I don't think there's a question about whether he was aware of the gathering ahead of time...clearly he wasn't.  The questions are 1) How did this gathering come to be?  The unknowns about it are whether all the couples were to be included (and Haley lied about why Jake wasn't there), or whether it was a deliberate get-together without Jake (plausibly, then, because of something true-or-untrue that Haley told them about Jake)     and     2) What happened that caused the couples to leave the get-together?  The unknowns are whether they really did see Jake before leaving, and if so, whether the leaving had anything to do with seeing him, and what that reason would have been, or whether their leaving was coincidental in timing. 

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Love 4

Chris is abusive.  Notice how when people stand up for Paige he is over the top angry - scary angry. So, Paige stays away from those people. He's already isolating her from support. Classic. He puts her down - saying he's not attracted to her, doesn't wear his wedding ring, etc.  He outright said he wants someone "submissive" - it's 2021 for gods sake. The sexual questions at the wedding reception were outrageous and insulting. He gaslights by pretending to be someone he's not (man of god, successful,  etc). He is out of control most of the time. 

Seriously, I think the show's experts need to take a stand.  I read Dr. Schwartz's response and she's doing a disservice to women to minimize Chris' abuse by letting it play out. Is this not a teaching moment to both men and women?  Are the more progressive advertisers and those who are promoting products for women: Amazon, Secret (Spokesperson, Serena Williams), Phexxi, Verzenio (breast cancer), Pentene, Trintellix (depression), L'Oreal, Covergirl, etc. wanting to endorse/fund this type of emotional abuse?  He was a joke at first, then cringeworthy, but this has crossed the line too many times.  It needs to stop.  

Edited by Devvie
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, Devvie said:

Chris is abusive.  Notice how when people stand up for Paige he is over the top angry - scary angry. So, Paige stays away from those people. He's already isolating her from support. Classic. He puts her down - saying he's not attracted to her, doesn't wear his wedding ring, etc.  He outright said he wants someone "submissive" - it's 2021 for gods sake. The sexual questions at the wedding reception were outrageous and insulting. He gaslights by pretending to be someone he's not (man of god, successful,  etc). He is out of control most of the time. 

Seriously, I think the show's experts need to take a stand.  I read Dr. Schwartz's response and she's doing a disservice to women to minimize Chris' abuse by letting it play out. Is this not a teaching moment to both men and women?  Are the more progressive advertisers and those who are promoting products for women: Amazon, Secret (Spokesperson, Serena Williams), Phexxi, Verzenio (breast cancer), Pentene, Trintellix (depression), L'Oreal, Covergirl, etc. wanting to endorse/fund this type of emotional abuse?  He was a joke at first, then cringeworthy, but this has crossed the line too many times.  It needs to stop.  

You nailed it.

Sadly there is nowhere to go but down with an abusive narcissist, Paige should not have stayed longer than hearing the pregnancy news, even without that extra layer of crap Paige would have a miserable time with Chris.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2021 at 11:11 PM, Airy2021 said:

Totally agree. I'm disgusted by him using God in any type of context. How was he a Minister? Isn't pre-marital sex still a sin??? Why does he have an out of wedlock child if he's such a big "man of God". Not that I believe in these things but every devout Christian I know abstains from sex before marriage. What am I missing?

Exactly!  It came across like he was using his "religion" as a smoke screen.  'You must be imagining all these negative thoughts you're having about me because I'm a man of God'  I'm sure it's not the first time someone has used their religion as a gaslighting tool, but it's the first time I've seen it.  It's disgusting.  I haven't even watched anything in a few days and I'm still aggravated by him.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

It was just a small bit at the end of the show, with Jake doing a TH. He explained Haley told him she was going downstairs for a "girls' night", & he was cool with that. So later after she left he said he went downstairs to "get some food/dinner", & saw Haley with some of the other couples (not just "the girls"), who upon seeing him, apparently quickly took off. Jake was visibly hurt by this, & has not gotten an explanation from Haley as to why he was excluded from the little gathering.

Thank you very much for explaining this.  I never saw the end as I got a late call that my beloved cousin just died and was very confused when reading that Jake was so upset.  Now I can understand why. 

22 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Assuming that Chris is blowing smoke about his financial assets (between the 2 sizes too small suits the the rhinestone necklace certain conclusions about his financial health may be drawn)

I think suits that look too small are actually the style these days.  And even if not, I don't think suits are priced by size and he chooses the little ones because he doesn't have enough money to buy bigger ones.  😀

22 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Depending on GA law if it is a community property state (I'm sure someone on this board knows),

There are only nine community property states in the U.S., and Georgia is not among them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

Thank you very much for explaining this.  I never saw the end as I got a late call that my beloved cousin just died and was very confused when reading that Jake was so upset.  Now I can understand why. 

You're welcome & I'm very sorry for your loss. 😔

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think suits that look too small are actually the style these days.  And even if not, I don't think suits are priced by size and he chooses the little ones because he doesn't have enough money to buy bigger ones.  😀

Understood. 

My thought was that the suits were either from an earlier time when he was shorter or from someone else who gifted them to him who was smaller/shorter than he is. 

I agree he absolutely spends a bundle on clothes/accessories so I accept he may think his "look" is "edgy" and/or "on trend."  However, from the others in the group and anyone I've seen in the general public, Chris' look does him no favors.  I admit readily that I certainly don't travel in his social circles, however.

Thanks for clarifying GA's status as a non-community-property state.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zoltana said:

Exactly!  It came across like he was using his "religion" as a smoke screen.  'You must be imagining all these negative thoughts you're having about me because I'm a man of God'  I'm sure it's not the first time someone has used their religion as a gaslighting tool, but it's the first time I've seen it.  It's disgusting.  I haven't even watched anything in a few days and I'm still aggravated by him.

I’m just wondering how in hell did three “experts” not see he was a bulshitter blowhard nut job.  Was he that good an actor to pull the wool over their PHD eyes?  Did they not see that Virginia behaved like a gigley teenager laughing every minute?  These professionals are supposed to pick up on all these things during the vetting process.  Then they match a very smart Engineer with a car salesman who now says she’s bossy?  What exactly are they going by?  Opposites attract?  Then they put an introvert with an extrovert.  You see where that is heading.  FIRE them.  This season has a long way to go.  Do we have to watch big mouth Chris and depressing Paige wallowing in their misfortunes the rest of the season?  Send them both home off the show.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

These people don't know how to handle Chris.    He's not going to respond to scripture verses or reasonable talks or playing nice.

A.  I would tell Chris he's right, I don't respect him.

B. The move is antagonize him until he's ready to fight like at dinner, then follow through and give him the beating of a lifetime making sure to crack some ribs.  Rib pain is horrible and will keep him down for a while.  Just get him to initiate the fight and be the first to file charges when it's over.

Ehhhh. Violence? Ehhhh. If I cared about him or interacting with him, I'd ask how his behavior is respectable & why he can't manage his emotions. Otherwise, he can be alone with that.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m just wondering how in hell did three “experts” not see he was a bulshitter blowhard nut job.

All three have in one way or another addressed the Chris situation and not one has provided an acceptable answer: (Answers In Spoilers because I saw it on Instagram)

Spoiler

Pastor Cal has given the excuse that people behave differently during casting. Fine, except this doesn’t address why they cast him in the first place when he was engaged weeks beforehand.

Dr. Viv said they are also shocked but everyone needs to “chill out” because it’s just a tv show. No lie. She said this on Instagram in the most blasé manner WHILE PUTTING ON HER MAKEUP.

Dr. Pepper just put out a lengthy statement on Instagram saying they never know how things will play out so give them a chance, citing Jephte and Shawniece as an example. Talk about tone deaf. It was promptly removed.

All of this to say, these “experts” are useless morons just paid to do what the producers tell them to do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
On 2/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, Crashcourse said:
On 2/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, Silver Bells said:

I don’t get Haley.  What’s wrong with Jacob?  Physically fit, tall, intelligent, has manners, loves his home, not a drunk or bullshitter. She’s choosing girlfriends over him?  Give it the six week at least.  I’ll bet one of those girlfriends would take him in a minute.

Different strokes for different folks.  Yes, I'd bet that one of her girlfriends would want him, but I can certainly understand if Haley doesn't.  I wouldn't want him either.

I’m gonna cave and agree finally.  I went with a couple of guys before getting married.  Nice, attractive guys, but it just wasn’t there. When I met my husband .. instant attraction.  Something just clicked.  She doesn’t feel it, and that’s it.  When you know, you know.  This show is just a crapshoot.  Jake could beat the crap out of all of them guys tho.  I’m sure he’ll find someone after this show.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ehhhh. Violence? Ehhhh. If I cared about him or interacting with him, I'd ask how his behavior is respectable & why he can't manage his emotions. Otherwise, he can be alone with that.

Yeah .. beat the shit out of him. He deserves it.  Give him some stitches too, to keep his mouth shut.  Then pull that hair out of his head.

• LOL 4