Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Cindy's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

She's horrible and passive aggressive and selfish and yet still boring. 

Quite remarkable, now that you mention it.

I think I am going to brush my teeth and go to bed.

Good night, my peeps.  Til next time, if there is a next time. 

• Love 3

She's going to get fired by Dr. Now.

A bit slower, maybe. But she's at a dead stop, her foot is on the brake, and she's acting like it's a mystery why the car isn't moving. 

She doesn't want to lose weight and she's surrounded by enablers. I rarely say it, but cut her loose. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I tried turkey bacon a couple times but it just doesn't taste good to me.  I prefer real bacon. 

I do too.. I had a heart attack and open heart surgery within the last 3 years, so I have the TB to make me feel better about eating it. Still treat myself to regular bacon every so often

• Love 3

This show was a waste of all of our fucking time. They should have just cut if off 90 minutes ago and played cartoons for the rest of the time slot.

1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

That journey was from a bed to a chair to a hospital bed back to a chair.  That's two hours worth of excitement.  

TLC perpetrating some serious grift on all of us...calling this a "show."

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

That’s a good point. 

Also, those beds do not come cheap, even with insurance. If Cindy is from another state, there might be a problem getting her benefits moved to Texas, so they could get the bed.

Cindy's from Portland, down near Corpus. So no issue with that, but if she's got TX Medicaid, good luck squeezing them for a dime. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So, why is Sandy bringing her the food????

She is not going to the appointments because she is stuffing her face.

Again, why is Sandy bringing her the food??

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Holy fuck Cindy missed another appointment?!?!? Excuses excuses. 

She had some paperwork to do and things to organize and she needed a shower and there was a spot of dust she needed to pick off her hand and Mercury was in retrograde and . . . and . . . and . . . .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

That’s a good point. 

Also, those beds do not come cheap, even with insurance. If Cindy is from another state, there might be a problem getting her benefits moved to Texas, so they could get the bed.

She's from Texas, a few hours away.

Nobody's listening to her because she keeps asking for double cheese pizzas and KFC. 

I love how she voice overs "I'll keep trying my hardest", while we see her lying in bed, staring blankly at the wall. 

"I've given up too much"?? WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN UP?

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, aliya said:

Any psychologists or social workers here? Is it ever allowed to tell a client,"Looks like you don't want to change. That's fine. I'll sign your release. Have a safe trip back home."  ?

I've been retired for several years, but as a clinical social worker/therapist, I was definitely allowed to fire a patient.  It's impossible to work with someone if you want them to get better more than they want to get better.  I also could have tried to get them set up with a different therapist who might have met their needs better.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

That journey was from a bed to a chair to a hospital bed back to a chair.  That's two hours worth of excitement.  

There and Back Again.  A Fatso's Tale, by Cindy Vela.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

"I gave up a lot to try for this." ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Go on home. You didn't want to do this to begin with, you wanna eat, so go home and eat.  Save up for a double-wide coffin.

• Love 6