Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Welcome To Vegas

• Start Topic

For the first time ever, Chef Ramsay has relocated `Hell's Kitchen' to Las Vegas, to find out who will be the next head chef at the brand new Hell's Kitchen restaurant in beautiful Lake Tahoe.

Airdate: 01/07/2020

I really hope they don't push back the airdate again because of Covid.

• Love 1

Now I admit I eat my chicken way more done than most people, but cooking chicken in less than ten minutes is absolute madness to me.

Mark from Albuquerque via the Bronx makes me very anxious to watch.

Cody and Mary Lou are a big NOPE for me.  And Drew for some reason looks messy.  Also since I’m apparently just being a jerk now I am SO glad to see that Jordan tied that big ponytail up into a bun.

I didn’t see anything saying this was recorded pre-COVID but it absolutely had to be, yeah?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I didn’t see anything saying this was recorded pre-COVID but it absolutely had to be, yeah?

I’m pretty sure this was filmed pre-pandemic. I think I read in the media thread they delayed airing this, as they had already completed filing back in the spring?

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

This entire season was recorded prior to the pandemic and has aired in its entirety in the UK on ITV.

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

When I first saw the dude with the foot-long beard I retched a little bit due to my concern for the food's safety.

Edited by eXiled
wretched and retched ain't the same...
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

what a group of misfits, none of them stood out for me. I was LMAO at the guy that completed his chicken dish with 20  minutes left. What was even funnier is when Gordon flat out called the dish crap. I am not a fan of those who try to be different just to be different. This includes a crappy haircut, a straggly ugly beard, purple hair. That all screams "see how hard I am trying to be different". The best thing about that is that way too many folks are trying to be different that they all blend together. I loved Christine giving the red team a hard time for not taking the punishment seriously. Hope things get better because right now both teams look bad.

• Love 6

Some things never change.  We have a new group of guys who think they're hot stuff, gals who look trashy and red vs. blue competitions that come down to the very last vote.  The only one I like so far is Declan but it's early days yet and he may turn out to be a jerk.  Having said that, I'm glad the show is back because I enjoy watching it for some reason and most of the other forums I follow have been pretty quiet lately.

• Love 7

Glad to have this dumb show back.  Looks like the same old crew of misfits and wannabes as usual, but hey - new coats!  I finally got to visit Vegas this time last year (even had dinner at HK), and it feels like an appropriate venue for this series.  It’s a bit too soon to pick favorites, but Cori from the chicken challenge seems promising.  On the guys side, Adam seems knowledgeable- but who knows.

• LOL 1

Can't believe my DVR wasn't set to pick up new episodes, so I missed the first one . . . but it's set now, so no  more misses.

I've also been to Hell's Kitchen in Las Vegas.  Amazing food and we had really good service.  My favorite GR place there, though, is still BurGR.  

• Love 3

Can we start a pool for which episode a customer will find one of the bearded dudes long, straggly beard hairs in his or her food?

Part of the fun of every 1st Episode is trying to figure out which stereotype each contestant is before it becomes too obvious. I’d say I have about half figured out in the first 20 minutes.

Edited by MajorWoody
  • Love 2

The ones I look for are the ones who can cook and work the line, but don't get a lot of camera time at first. The more over the top or flamboyant, the greater the chances you're going to be cannon fodder; sooner if you're a lousy cook or have a shit palate, or later if you have talent but are a douchecanoe.

After just one episode, the one guy I really like is Marc. He wears his heart on his sleeve, but he's got passion, drive, and he appears to know how to cook and present. And regardless of whether he wins the competition or gets eliminated, I think he's got a solid career as a chef ahead of him--unless he turns into a misogynistic, back-stabbing arsehole that nobody would want to hire. But my spidey sense is tingling and I think this guy might at least be a black jacket.

A couple of the women seem above-average competent as well but I honestly don't remember their names. Declan can cook, but older overweight chefs are frequently the target of Gordo's ire and derision since they often can't move as quickly as a well-oiled brigade demands. Note that I say this as someone older and bigger than Declan, and share his Irish heritage, albeit by a generation removed. I've got a feeling he'll be gone after 4 or 5 episodes.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Love 6

Beard Dude (Adam) is gross; I can't believe Gordon is allowing that in the kitchen.

And urgh, I can't believe the Smurf is back! (I don't even remember his name - the guy with the blue hair from Season 7.)

One of the dudes (Drew?) is seriously creeping me out. And yeah, Declan won't win because he's over 40 and overweight.

I quit watching this a few years ago.  Every single competition comes down to a nailbiter at the very end; the teams practically alternate losing members.  I can't tell if x is outcooking y or whether it's all about the optics.

On the other hand, I'm really sick of these coronavirus era game shows.

I suspect Amber, the blonde executive chef. deserved a 5 instead of "a very, very strong four."

On 1/14/2021 at 2:16 AM, Such A Flirt said:

Beard Dude (Adam) is gross; I can't believe Gordon is allowing that in the kitchen.

And urgh, I can't believe the Smurf is back! (I don't even remember his name - the guy with the blue hair from Season 7.)

One of the dudes (Drew?) is seriously creeping me out. And yeah, Declan won't win because he's over 40 and overweight.

Jason is the guy with blue hair