Type keyword(s) to search

All Creatures Great And Small (2021) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Andrew obviously has a great love of animals and really wants to be a vet. Tristan was probably a much more frivolous kid and wanted to party and play around. Siegfried had to mold him into being a vet and felt that he didn't have the drive to succeed without being pushed.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I have been very curious about the much discussed Edward, and now we finally get to meet him in person. Those scenes were all so terribly sad, Mrs. Hall was so desperate to reconnect with him and explain why she did what she did, and while he seemed to be shutting her out at first it seems like there might be hope for reconciliation one day. Those stupid crushed shortbreads should not make me as emotional as they did. 

It was hard to watch and so heartbreaking. I'm glad there was some kind of reconciliation however fleeting. 

3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Andrew obviously has a great love of animals and really wants to be a vet. Tristan was probably a much more frivolous kid and wanted to party and play around. Siegfried had to mold him into being a vet and felt that he didn't have the drive to succeed without being pushed.

Tristan did mention that he wanted to be a vet, but I  have a feeling he was much easier distracted. 

• Like 6
On 2/4/2023 at 7:34 AM, Blergh said:

I think that since Mrs. Hall said that she was still a bit shellshocked over what had happened with 'her husband' and her estranged son Edward that Mrs. Hall is still legally wed to the unseen Mr. Hall (and may not have the means to get a divorce  in the late 1930's). I also think it's likely she didn't want to put herself and Gerald through the kind of limbo bond that Estella and Pip had at the tail end of Great Expectations with her still legally wed to someone else and  them unable to wed and forever having 'the neighbors' dis them for their bond.

BTW, does anyone know what might have happened with Patricia Hodge who took over for Mrs. Pumphrey after Dame Diana Rigg's passing? It seems odd that there have now been two episodes featuring Tricki with Mrs. Pumphrey herself not depicted.

Yes, I think she’s deliberated long and hard, and just because she can no longer live with him and his continued abuse, she’s unwilling to divorce him. Great strength of character. But we knew that-she’s no one’s victim. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 2/2/2023 at 11:13 AM, iMonrey said:

It was called "courting." It might have sounded more accurate if Siegfried asked Audrey if Gerald was courting her. 

I still say it's accurate because while Siegfried and his generation would have called it "courting," the younger generation would have called it some variation of "date/dating," and he did say something about "as the younger ones call it" (I know the quote isn't exact, but it's close enough to get the point across). 

It was painful watching all of the family drama because they all love each other, care about each other, and want what's best, but it doesn't always come across to the other person. I was thrilled that there was some understanding and resolution for all three of the stories. There are still issues, and none of the relationships are perfect, but I think all are better at the end of the episode.

Tristan was able to tell Siegfried how he felt and Siegfried actually listened and explained his perspective.

Mrs. Hall was able to explain why she turned Edward in, and although he still deeply resents her for it, he did want to see her before he left for war, and did tell her loved her at the end. 

Helen was able to tell Jenny a version of what she told James about wanting Jenny to have the opportunity to do what she wants and that the farm does not have to be her whole life, but if she wants the farm, Helen will support her younger sister.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have been very curious about the much discussed Edward, and now we finally get to meet him in person. Those scenes were all so terribly sad, Mrs. Hall was so desperate to reconnect with him and explain why she did what she did, and while he seemed to be shutting her out at first it seems like there might be hope for reconciliation one day. Those stupid crushed shortbreads should not make me as emotional as they did.

My heart was really breaking when the cookie tin fell as the train was taking off. Not gonna lie, got a little choked up. 

And I can see both sides. A lot of parents would cover up for their children. And from what I understand, borstals were pretty harsh. I hate to say I might feel the same resentment that Edward did. 

I wondered what the point of the deaf women was until one of them ended up coming in very handy. Very touching. The whole episode was so well done.

I would be happy to see Andrew again, he seems like he will be a great veterinarian one day, he's got a great gentle way with both animals and people.

Andrew was a delight, but if I went to the vet with an emergency and there was some little kid in the exam room with the doctor I'd be pissed. Probably.

• Like 8

Andrew was a delight, but if I went to the vet with an emergency and there was some little kid in the exam room with the doctor I'd be pissed. Probably.

I don't think I would be. In farming communities, it's normal to see kids working alongside adults all the time. You would probably well acquainted with Andrew and his presence wouldn't be a big deal.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I know Tristan was jealous but I'm glad it came out more that Siegfried had to be a father to him and not just a big brother. 

Having not read any of the books, or seen any previous series, can someone explain to me exactly what is the age difference between Siegfried and Tristan? This has been bothering me since the beginning of this current series. We know that Siegfried was a World War 1 veteran. The war lasted from 1914-1918. Let's say Siegfried served the last 2 years and that he was 20 years old when he first began serving. That would mean he was 22 in 1918 when the war ended. We're now in 1939, some 21 years later. That would make Siegfried 43, although I think he's probably closer to late 40s, at least.

How and why did Tristan come to live with Siegfried? When did Siegfried marry his wife and was their marriage of a short duration?

I have so many questions. I probably should read the books.

TIA for any info.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Having not read any of the books, or seen any previous series, can someone explain to me exactly what is the age difference between Siegfried and Tristan? This has been bothering me since the beginning of this current series. We know that Siegfried was a World War 1 veteran. The war lasted from 1914-1918. Let's say Siegfried served the last 2 years and that he was 20 years old when he first began serving. That would mean he was 22 in 1918 when the war ended. We're now in 1939, some 21 years later. That would make Siegfried 43, although I think he's probably closer to late 40s, at least.

How and why did Tristan come to live with Siegfried? When did Siegfried marry his wife and was their marriage of a short duration?

TIA for any info.

The books are so good. I can't recommend them highly enough but make sure you stock up on tissues. There is a lot of heartbreak in veterinary work.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Having not read any of the books,

Book-Siegfried was not hugely older than book-Tristan (and the real life brothers they're based on are only 4 years apart in age), and wasn't a WWI vet. If I remembering the books correctly, their father was dead but their mom was still around, and Tristan would occasionally go home to her when Siegfried blew his top at him.

I forget what they've established on the show (i.e. whether the mom died or was ill/ couldn't handle Tristan) other than what was mentioned last night (that Tristan spent his formative tween/teen years being raised by Siegfried and his wife (and then Mrs. Hall).

• Like 4

Book-Siegfried was not hugely older than book-Tristan (and the real life brothers they're based on are only 4 years apart in age), and wasn't a WWI vet. If I remembering the books correctly, their father was dead but their mom was still around, and Tristan would occasionally go home to her when Siegfried blew his top at him.

Tristan also used "going to visit mother" as a dodge when he went out of town to party so Siegfied would get mad at him.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't think I would be. In farming communities, it's normal to see kids working alongside adults all the time. You would probably well acquainted with Andrew and his presence wouldn't be a big deal.

I wouldn't mind a kid standing in the room observing as long as the trained and qualified vet was the one actually providing treatment. As @peacheslatourpointed out, it's a small community so there's a good chance the farmer knows Andrew and may be aware that the boy wants to be a vet when he grows up. 

1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

can someone explain to me exactly what is the age difference between Siegfried and Tristan?

I think there's multiple issues and it goes beyond chronological age. Siegfried is a more mature, responsible person and that was only further heightened by his service in WWI. Tristan is more immature and has gotten by for most of his life on his charm instead of hard work. 

• Like 2

From Our Business is Killing  (Author)

“Welcome to my every day. As I’ve discovered in my two years as a vet, being verbally abused by owners is part of the job. A 2021 study conducted by the British Veterinary Association revealed that of 572 veterinarians interviewed, 57 percent had felt intimidated by clients’ language and behavior, a 10 percent increase from the year before. In small-animal practice, it’s even worse, with 66 percent of respondents reporting that they’ve felt intimidated and harassed.”

“Until I started working, I never understood why veterinary medicine has such a high suicide rate. Female veterinarians in clinical practice are 3.4 times more likely to die by suicide than the general population; male vets are 2.1 times more likely. Three-quarters of these deaths come from vets in small animal practices like mine.“

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 12

Loved the understanding that developed between Siegfried and Tristan, as well as between Mrs. Hall and Edward.  They all seemed to recognize that we ALL change as we get older, and it's good to try to adjust to the changes in each other.

That being said, I thought that the use of the hearing-impaired women was a bit clunky.  It seemed odd to me that they would use two women working together who could not "hear" people approaching.  For example, when Mrs. Hall asked for a cup of tea, she thought they were ignoring her. 

That's why having the hearing-impaired woman "translate" Edward's words to Mrs. Hall felt clunky at the end.  IMO, by telling Mrs. Hall that he WOULD like those cookies was equal to Edward saying, "I forgive you, Ma - and I love you."

Other than that - great episode.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Loved the understanding that developed between Siegfried and Tristan, as well as between Mrs. Hall and Edward.  They all seemed to recognize that we ALL change as we get older, and it's good to try to adjust to the changes in each other.

That being said, I thought that the use of the hearing-impaired women was a bit clunky.  It seemed odd to me that they would use two women working together who could not "hear" people approaching.  For example, when Mrs. Hall asked for a cup of tea, she thought they were ignoring her. 

That's why having the hearing-impaired woman "translate" Edward's words to Mrs. Hall felt clunky at the end.  IMO, by telling Mrs. Hall that he WOULD like those cookies was equal to Edward saying, "I forgive you, Ma - and I love you."

Other than that - great episode.

Maybe they could have had one of the women hearing impaired? 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, crankcase said:

From Our Business is Killing  (Author)

“Welcome to my every day. As I’ve discovered in my two years as a vet, being verbally abused by owners is part of the job. A 2021 study conducted by the British Veterinary Association revealed that of 572 veterinarians interviewed, 57 percent had felt intimidated by clients’ language and behavior, a 10 percent increase from the year before. In small-animal practice, it’s even worse, with 66 percent of respondents reporting that they’ve felt intimidated and harassed.”

“Until I started working, I never understood why veterinary medicine has such a high suicide rate. Female veterinarians in clinical practice are 3.4 times more likely to die by suicide than the general population; male vets are 2.1 times more likely. Three-quarters of these deaths come from vets in small animal practices like mine.“

Yes, I feel this. I was a vet tech for a very short amount of time and I volunteered at The Humane Society before that. Partly inspired by Herriot's books. I couldn't take it. It rips you up.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
8 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

TIA for any info.

Keep watching - there is an episode later in the season where Tristan and Siegfried have a fairly in-depth conversation about this very subject, which will answer a lot of your questions. Suffice it to say, for now, that Tristan was very much the family after-thought. There is a big age difference.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I also noticed that Tristan initially wanted to mentor Andrew and was upset that Siegfried wouldn't let him.

I liked very much that people were talking about and resolving their issues with each other instead of the usual tv thing of using stupid misunderstandings and total lack of communication be the story.

• Like 14
18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I like that they tied in the stories with both Mrs. Hall and Siegfried thematically, both of them wondering if they had done a good job with the kids they raised and being confronted by said kids about how they thought their parent/parental figure was too harsh on them. 

And Helen with her little sister.  There was a definite theme of long time miscommunication between the parent/older sibling and the child.

I had no idea Mr Hall was still alive and that they are possibly still married.  I guess this precludes any romance with anyone.  I find it hard to believe Audrey would be spending so much time with Gerald if she was still married, even if she considers him just a friend.

That awkward conversation between Audrey and Edward made me cry like nothing has for a long while.  It's so sad that there is still so much pain in their relationship, even if she did in the end feel a teensy bit better.  Baby steps.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

And Helen with her little sister.  There was a definite theme of long time miscommunication between the parent/older sibling and the child.

I had no idea Mr Hall was still alive and that they are possibly still married.  I guess this precludes any romance with anyone.  I find it hard to believe Audrey would be spending so much time with Gerald if she was still married, even if she considers him just a friend.

That awkward conversation between Audrey and Edward made me cry like nothing has for a long while.  It's so sad that there is still so much pain in their relationship, even if she did in the end feel a teensy bit better.  Baby steps.

then it is possible that she is divorced but out of respect is still called "Mrs." 

I'm fairly certain Mrs Hall is not divorced. I think her circumstances are a big part of why she was so wary of developing her friendship with Gerald and why she was so distressed by the suggestion that they might be on a 'date'. Divorces were really hard to get in the '30s, especially for a wife claiming spousal abuse. But I could be wrong, it could be that she is divorced but still very conflicted about any kind of new relationship because she believed in her marriage vows.

I had a colleague once who left her husband at 40 because he was an alcoholic, but even 20 years later wouldn't dream of even entertaining the idea of divorcing him. They hadn't lived together as man and wife in two decades, but a marriage vow was a marriage vow. And that was in the 21st century, never mind back in the 1930s.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

then it is possible that she is divorced but out of respect is still called "Mrs." 

It was traditional that housekeepers and head cooks were called "Mrs." in that era, regardless of their actual marital state.  In Downton Abbey, the housekeeper was "Mrs. Hughes" and the cook was "Mrs. Patmore."  Neither lady was married, until Mrs. Hughes married the butler and became - for real - "Mrs. Carson."

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

It was traditional that housekeepers and head cooks were called "Mrs." in that era, regardless of their actual marital state.  In Downton Abbey, the housekeeper was "Mrs. Hughes" and the cook was "Mrs. Patmore."  Neither lady was married, until Mrs. Hughes married the butler and became - for real - "Mrs. Carson."

Exactly, so if she passed herself off as not married, she would still be a Mrs., divorced or single. I just don't think all of this would go on with Gerald if she were still legally married. And if the spoilers are true, most certainly would not happen. 

• Like 2

Helen's baby sister sure shot up since last season. I think of them as the Dimple Sisters.

Where was their father while they struggled to save the sheep? And was there even a change of days between the first notice of the sheep's hoof and James treating it? Or did he lollygag around the farm all day?

Those trains were gorgeous. I used to ride gorgeous old trains in Mexico. They were formerly in service in the US - in the 50s - and then repurposed elsewhere. Apple green and cerise in color, teak and mahogany fittings...

The actor with the injured dog did a fine job; very realistic look.

That child had a great vocabulary. Maybe he had his nose in books all of the time.

As much as I prefer animal stories, I did appreciate Mrs. Hall's scenes with her son. As another war loomed, people did not have time to let old grievances linger. And I loved seeing the details in the sailor uniform.

I wondered about the HMS Repulse:

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1

I also noticed that Tristan initially wanted to mentor Andrew and was upset that Siegfried wouldn't let him.

That's not the impression I got. Siegfried actually tried to pawn Andrew off on Tristan, and Tristan dodged the bullet by finishing his sentence with "get you a cup of tea before you start work." I think Tristan spying and later his longing glances were more a reflection of his jealousy over the way Siegfried was mentoring Andrew versus the way he treated Tristan.

• Like 8
36 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Helen's baby sister sure shot up since last season. I think of them as the Dimple Sisters.

Where was their father while they struggled to save the sheep? And was there even a change of days between the first notice of the sheep's hoof and James treating it? Or did he lollygag around the farm all day?

Those trains were gorgeous. I used to ride gorgeous old trains in Mexico. They were formerly in service in the US - in the 50s - and then repurposed elsewhere. Apple green and cerise in color, teak and mahogany fittings...

The actor with the injured dog did a fine job; very realistic look.

That child had a great vocabulary. Maybe he had his nose in books all of the time.

As much as I prefer animal stories, I did appreciate Mrs. Hall's scenes with her son. As another war loomed, people did not have time to let old grievances linger. And I loved seeing the details in the sailor uniform.

I wondered about the HMS Repulse:

That is the site I found after reading Edward’s cap. If you read the account all the way to the end, though, there is hope, and I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That's not the impression I got. Siegfried actually tried to pawn Andrew off on Tristan, and Tristan dodged the bullet by finishing his sentence with "get you a cup of tea before you start work." I think Tristan spying and later his longing glances were more a reflection of his jealousy over the way Siegfried was mentoring Andrew versus the way he treated Tristan.

That’s right, Tristan wanted to treat the dog and was redirected to his household duties by Siegfried. 

• Like 3

Mrs. Hall is still married, simply living apart from her husband, as many broken couples did during the first third of the last century, especially in the UK where divorce was legally difficult, religiously unrecognized and socially condemned. Until 1937, Mrs. Hall would have had to accuse her husband of adultery or battery, and prove it in court: those were the only two grounds for divorce. It is only now that she or her husband could seek a divorce on other grounds, including cruelty, abandonment (he, after two years), or separation (she, after five). 

• Like 4
  • Useful 6
7 minutes ago, Pallas said:

Mrs. Hall is still married, simply living apart from her husband, as many broken couples did during the first third of the last century, especially in the UK where divorce was legally difficult, religiously unrecognized and socially condemned. Until 1937, Mrs. Hall would have had to accuse her husband of adultery or battery, and prove it in court: those were the only two grounds for divorce. It is only now that she or her husband could seek a divorce on other grounds, including cruelty, abandonment (he, after two years), or separation (she, after five). 

Maybe if folks were reminded of Downton, Edith’s plight, and the fact that Marigold’s father had to travel to Germany to seek a legal divorce from his institutionalized wife. All his connections in England couldn’t help him. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, Pallas said:

Thanks, that was my understanding. (Why didn't I think of checking the official blurb?) Like I said, it's why she was so wary of forming even an innocent friendship with Gerald, and why she panicked when Siegfried so much as joked about them going out on a date. It isn't anachronistic for her to have a close friendship with a man despite being married - married women did have friends of the opposite sex, even back then (they also had boyfriends, even back then, although they wouldn't have worded it that way). People have always been people, and people have always been complicated. All they've ever really done is walk their dogs together - the one time they made more significant plans, Audrey backed out, at least partly for fear of what people might think (as well as not wanting to get either Gerald's or her own hopes up). She has made it clear she isn't offering more than friendship. Gerald knows her situation, and while he might yearn to pursue her more romantically he seems to understand and accept her boundaries.

Edited by Llywela
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Llywela said:

Gerald knows her situation

How do we know that he knows?  I don't think we heard her explain it to him. If we had, we wouldn't be so confused about what her situation is.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Driad said:

How do we know that he knows?  I don't think we heard her explain it to him. If we had, we wouldn't be so confused about what her situation is.

I don't recall if she told him or not. He might assume she is a widow. 

1 hour ago, Driad said:

On one of their first walks together, they both talked about the effects WWI had on them. Gerald said not only was he affected physically (the limp), but he was affected by the devastation he saw. He admitted that it was something he needed to work to get over mentally (not using that term,  but implying it). He admitted that after Audrey told him that her husband had changed, and he was not the same man she married, and that she had to leave him for her and Edward’s well being. 
I do believe Gerald understands her situation, and really just wants to let the friendship grow. I don’t think he’s in any hurry-just wants to expand the pleasantries they can share together-and he didn’t realize the innuendo his little bouquet would imply until he got there. He just wanted Audrey to enjoy what the other attendees were enjoying. (Yes, he seems that socially concrete!). I suspect in future, they’ll be working together, happily, side by side in every community war effort and perhaps regretting that they didn’t enjoy the performance together that night, for “appearances sake”.

• Like 9

The man running the carnival shooting gallery made the mistake of underestimating Audrey Hall. Many here are now in his shoes, as they will only come to realize when they view this season’s Christmas episode. (In general, it’s best not to jump to conclusions about a beautiful woman who was the only one in her household interested in attending a classical music concert that included a piece familiar to her whose name she could pronounce with an impeccable French accent. Just sayin’.)

• Like 1
15 hours ago, possibilities said:

I liked very much that people were talking about and resolving their issues with each other instead of the usual tv thing of using stupid misunderstandings and total lack of communication be the story.

I agree. Also, what I loved was that it didn't end with everything resolved and happily ever after. 

11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Baby steps.

I think this is perfect description of all of the relationships. There is improvement and better understanding, but still far from completly tied up with a bow. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I love that dimple casting, too.  One of my favorite things each season is seeing Jenny's little Irish Setter and noting how he never has learned to, "act."  Last year he was always struggling desperately on the lead, nearly pulling poor Jenny's arm off, and this time he was wiggling in her arms until she set him down and he took off like a shot.  All exactly what my own Irish Setter would have done.  They love their people, but they love to run even more.

I'll bet the whole set sympathizes with the poor young Jenny-actress,  trying to say her lines through all that.

• Like 6
On 2/5/2023 at 8:16 PM, Jodithgrace said:

Edited to add: “It is what it is” is older than I thought, but still not quite old enough. It dates back to 1949, but I don’t believe it became the ubiquitous creature it is until recently. 

Thank you! That took me right out of the show. No idea it was that old because it does seem to be a very modern era phrase.

I liked this episode with Mrs. Hall, but this show is getting farther and farther from the books with this character. I can't decide if I like that or not. It was good to see her doing something other than solving "the boys" problems for once.....I do feel like her role in the house has been reduced to a formulaic "Audrey sorts it out" type of plot between Siegfried and Tristan and this was different, albeit in a very sad way.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I do feel like her role in the house has been reduced to a formulaic "Audrey sorts it out" type of plot between Siegfried and Tristan and this was different, albeit in a very sad way.

The role of Audrey at Skeldale House is to make Siegfried whole, to enable him to recover from the traumas of The Great War and the death of his wife. It will happen in the psychological journey he must undertake to be able to marry her. I can imagine two possibilities: recognizing his true feelings due to jealousy over Gerald (trite!), or the one I discuss below.

First, it is necessary to grasp the staggering personality difference between Siegfried ‘78 and 2021, as can be immediately seen in Robert Hardy’s expression in the ‘78 openings, and the ways in which Siegfried first greets James in the two series. (All videos, including the entirety of this season’s, are available for free at dailymotion.com.) Their interactions with women are also dramatically different, but I’ll mercifully let it go for now. (The very first episodes of both series also quickly demonstrate the huge gulf between the two Helens in expression, dress, speech and accent. Money matters, and Helen78 first-kisses back hard—S1E7–and showed no trepidations about her wedding night.)

Let’s begin with the last three minutes of the current episode which portrayed the existing spiritual/psychological connections I had proposed in the phrase: “…Audrey Hall…with her husband and their adopted son.” The final camera pull-back unveils the full setting of Siegfried and Audrey, side-by-side in matching armchair thrones, master and mistress of Skeldale House, equal and hopeless in love.

But alas, so near yet so far. While Siegfried’s Wagnerian namesake braved a ring of fire to find his wife, Siegfried himself faces the much more formidable barrier of internalized British social class conventions. It’ll require a great emotion-laden event to allow a breakthrough, just as it took Siegfried’s grieving over the suicide of his army friend to allow Audrey to call him “Siegfried” and clasp his bare hand (a step forward from her hand on his shoulder in the last episode of Season 2). The wheels have been set in motion for Audrey to be informed, late in Season 5, of Edward being killed or missing in the sinking of HMS Repulse on Dec. 10, 1941. Siegfried will finally and fully open his heart in consolation, with the wedding taking place in Season 6’s 1942, the same year that Don Sinclair married Audrey.

So it is written (or it bloody well better be).

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, crankcase said:

The role of Audrey at Skeldale House is to make Siegfried whole, to enable him to recover from the traumas of The Great War and the death of his wife. It will happen in the psychological journey he must undertake to be able to marry her. I can imagine two possibilities: recognizing his true feelings due to jealousy over Gerald (trite!), or the one I discuss below.

I stopped reading at this point.  Please, please, please - if something hasn't happened on the PBS airing of the show yet, can you please put a "SPOILER ALERT" ahead of what you're writing.  I would really appreciate it 😉.  Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, YorkshireLass said:

I stopped reading at this point.  Please, please, please - if something hasn't happened on the PBS airing of the show yet, can you please put a "SPOILER ALERT" ahead of what you're writing. 

No worries, you were not spoiled.  This was just @crankcase writing what he/she would like ot see happen, not what actually happens as indicated by the last sentence.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
42 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

No worries, you were not spoiled.  This was just @crankcase writing what he/she would like ot see happen, not what actually happens as indicated by the last sentence.

Thank you so much!  I was afraid to read the post any further in case there were other things mentioned that I didn't want to know about.  Apologies to @crankcase!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Thank you! That took me right out of the show. No idea it was that old because it does seem to be a very modern era phrase.

I liked this episode with Mrs. Hall, but this show is getting farther and farther from the books with this character. I can't decide if I like that or not. It was good to see her doing something other than solving "the boys" problems for once.....I do feel like her role in the house has been reduced to a formulaic "Audrey sorts it out" type of plot between Siegfried and Tristan and this was different, albeit in a very sad way.

THIS