Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Single and Ready to Pringle

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

As always, episodes happen in episode time.  Do not post current information from social media in this thread.  Speculation is okay.  Actual later life events are not. 

• Start Topic

Is Pringle perpetually drunk or very exhausted?  He seems unkept too. Why do most of the men on this show seem so hapless?  Patricia, remind me why Pringle is a step up from Austen?  I must have missed the part about his money. He balked at paying $1400. for a jacket....that doesn’t sound like someone with money to me. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 21

Why weren’t there cameras when almost every single member of the cast was getting extremely drunk at Austen’s house, and we had to hear a recap (a long recap) instead?

John—I refuse to call him ‘Pringle’—is such a creep to have made a thing about wanting to get with Madison.  She’s Austen’s girlfriend, what else is there to understand???  If John wants to snag Madison away from Austen—fine, whatever, all’s fair in love and war—but how dare he hang out with Austen and pretend to be his friend at all?  And then John tells Austen like twice that he’s conflicted between liking Austen and wanting to steal his girlfriend?  That’s for a therapist, not the boyfriend of the girl you want to fuck.  

What is John’s actual game plan?  That Austen is going to yield to John because he asked nicely, on the topic of dating Madison??  I bet John pretends he’s never watched the show before and doesn’t remember last season when Austen was talking to strangers in Nashville about how much he wanted to get back with Madison.  Now he’s got her, and John would have to pry Madison from Austen’s cold, dead hands if the matter was up to Austen.

But John fashions himself “dangerous” <insert eye roll emoji here> Dangerously stupid, for not knowing how to get on the internet to find a store where he can buy a suit, and then when he gets to said store and sees the price tag of $1,400, he asks if that’s how much the suit costs.  What else could it be?  The suggested donation, as if this is some museum in New York City?  

Patricia and her guys’ dinner—where does she get off thinking that the men want to take the night off from their girlfriends and random hot girls to hang out with...her?  The ego on some people and willful blindness is staggering.  They film guys’ night with Patricia because it’s expected once a season; not because they seek her advice and counsel from the 1860s.  

Shep’s girlfriend reminds him of his mom??  TMI.  

Why isn’t Landon back on the show so that her thirsty ass can get together with John and the two of them can find their way back to California and off the show?  

I saw something I’ve never seen before on this show—Leva wore the same stupid pink outfit that she wore a few episodes ago.  I can honestly say that’s a first (for some reason, I get the impression that Kathryn has a closet full of black pleather pants, because she strikes me as someone so wasteful that she might just throw out each outfit after wearing it once).  

It took me a second to realize that Whitney is so serious about coronavirus precautions because he is part of the vulnerable population.  He can wear all the skinny jeans he wants, and play in a band called Renob until the cows come home, but that doesn’t negate the fact that he’s in his fifties.  

Madison’s pretty—that’s undeniable—but she’s not a model.  Methinks John wants to be with her to solidify his place on the show. Even though she’s a little bit of a butterface, Danni is probably on the same level of attractiveness as Madison because Danni has a great body—they’re probably both an 8 out of ten, depending on who you ask—but John isn’t going for Danni because she’s always been a B character, and Madison’s star is on the rise.  She is smart to reject him, whether it lasts or not.  

Patricia meddling in the Austen-Madison-John love triangle reminds me so much of Arrested Development and Lucille I trying to introduce Carl Weathers to Lucille II, in order to break her up with Buster.  But at least Lucille had a vested interest in that Buster was her son, and it was a dark parody.  What’s Patricia’s excuse?  

I like Madison ok, mostly because I think she brings drama to a show that sorely needs it, but I can’t stand when she puts on her “Gone With The Wind” shrinking violet, little-lady-who-needs-rescuing voice, and I don’t think she’s smoking hot enough in the looks department for groups of men to swoon over her.  The voice bothers me because it is insufferably contrived.  Madison is so cunning, so street-smart, so on the come-up that she would give early seasons Kathryn a run for her money.  The sweet little baby girl voice is fucking fake, and it’s sad for Austen that he falls for it time and time again.  Her real voice is probably huskier than Kathryn’s—she probably sounds like Kathleen Turner when she’s not being fake—but she’s running game on him, and it’s so damn obvious to anyone who is not in love with her.  

I think the bloom is off the rose for me with Madison.  I think Madison is out for Madison, and she would swim in a pool of dead bodies if she thought it would advance her cause.  I think Madison loves her son and herself (not necessarily in that order) and everyone else is disposable.  It was the little girl voice that flipped the switch for me.  She’s kind of a dirty bitch, and she does look like Jessica Simpson—there, I said it!

Also, I’m not sure how long I can hang if the duration of this season is going to be about who is quarantining where and with whom.  I don’t need to see that shit again less than a year later.  I’m still living it, and while it is relaxing to stay home, it’s boring as hell and certainly not good entertainment. 

• Love 16

I’m laughing at Craig advising John to dress “eloquently” for Pat’s party. I don’t think John is all “that” myself.  I bet he’s not as fluid with money as the others since he has kids and pays child support (I’m hoping at least, he better be)
He talks to his ex wife like she’s one of the brahs. That just seems odd to me. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Why is everyone always bowing down to Patricia?  I’m having doubts about her.  Why is she in all in the young ones business?  All the guys have Mother’s for advice.

Katherine has gained quite a bit of weight since the kids.  I guess she’s back to the store to take some head shots.  She still is beautiful all made up.  Sometimes a bit too much tho.

I don’t think Shep will make it with what’s her name.  I think he’s trying to fall in love with her, but can’t.  She has all the bells and whistles, but I don’t think it’s there for him.

I don’t like Pringle horning in on Madison. Isn’t there a bro code?  I like Craig the best.

I don’t think the show will finish because of the virus. It’s too dangerous to mingle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I believe that Pringle’s wooing of Madison, and Pat’s encouragement of it, are producer driven rather than by any actual stirring of Pringle’s loins. Anything that annoys the shit out of Austin is okay by me. I like Pringle because Austin doesn’t.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Also, I’m not sure how long I can hang if the duration of this season is going to be about who is quarantining where and with whom.  I don’t need to see that shit again less than a year later.  I’m still living it, and while it is relaxing to stay home, it’s boring as hell and certainly not good entertainment. 

A-freaking-men. 🙌  

It is depressing me all over again. I am not in a good place. I’m fine - just very unhappy, very isolated and very stressed. I don’t want to relive it on what is supposed to be my trash tv fix.

The highlight of the episode for me was Whitney hucking the package of toilet paper at Craig and yelling at him. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

ITA with everything you said LibertarianSlut!!  Seriously.  You're always so thoughtful.  I'm impressed. So, just to tag on... Why is Patricia pushing Pringle?? Because he's from the old Charleston family that USED to have a big old mansion.  She's a history snob.  He's preferable to  "from the boonies" Austen.

But WHY she's so charged up for Madison is beyond me.  OK, the girl does good Patricia hair.  What the bloody hell????? Not exactly sure THIS is the reason she's so ride or die for that little skank.  Because IMHO, she is nothing special. 

This shit feels like the whole Kathryn/Thomas deal from waaay back.  But.... Pringle hasn't got the $$$$.  Maybe next year. After he gets that Bravo check.  Ya think??  

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

A-freaking-men. 🙌  

It is depressing me all over again. I am not in a good place. I’m fine - just very unhappy, very isolated and very stressed. I don’t want to relive it on what is supposed to be my trash tv fix.

The highlight of the episode for me was Whitney hucking the package of toilet paper at Craig and yelling at him. 

I’m with you.  There’s nothing more to film.  Plus, there are children involved, and Patricia is probably scared shit to gather because of her age.   Yesterday, my Doctor asked me how I was doing.  I replied “overwhelmed”.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Katherine has gained quite a bit of weight since the kids.

I believe some of Katherine's weight gain is due to the medication she takes for her mental health disorder(s).  I am not a mental health professional but I"m a representative payee for a sister receiving Social Security Disability Income due to her mental health issues and she tells me some of her weight gain comes from the meds she is prescribed.

I do think it is ill-advised for her to drink while on her meds and I note she is the poster child for making poor decisions.  The problem is she has two kids who need her.  I really don't like or respect her.

• Love 11

I’m really surprised that Pat has taken Madison under her wing. She’s all about good breeding and she has no “pedigree” and is pretty rough around the edges and well, all over for that matter though she can speak the whole gentile southern belle talk. She just grosses me out  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yesterday, my Doctor asked me how I was doing.  I replied “overwhelmed”.

2020 has been a lot to take but I think you add a lot to these forums and enjoy our company.  We enjoy yours.  We're good.  Take a few deep breaths and I hope you feel calmer soon.

• Love 13

They NEEDED to drop that Cameran story.  Going nowhere fast!  So, do we know WHY Cam's not on the shitshow anymore?

Wine, Silver Bells; wine.  It's all gonna be all right! Hang in there!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 2
Just now, goofygirl said:

I wonder about old Michael.... Does he have a life outside of being Patricia's butler? Or a family? 

I think I remember reading somewhere that he has a daughter but I’m not 100% sure. He lives in his own cottage on Patricia’s property and has days off and his own vacations. I’m confident she pays him well. He seems happy. I think it seems strange to have a butler because it’s such a thing from the past but really it’s no different than having modern day assistants. They just follow very formal, very old school customs. I think they ham it up for the cameras too, with the bell and all. I get a kick out of it🍸 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

They NEEDED to drop that Cameran story.  Going nowhere fast!  So, do we know WHY Cam's not on the shitshow anymore?

Do we know anything?  I came back and we had a new girl that owns restaurants, Pringle came out of nowhere, Cameron disappeared and Patricia is the star of the show apparently.  WTF?

6 minutes ago, albarino said:

2020 has been a lot to take but I think you add a lot to these forums and enjoy our company.  We enjoy yours.  We're good.  Take a few deep breaths and I hope you feel calmer soon.

That was sweet of you.  Thank you.  I think we are all in the same boat.  No holidays with the family is hard.  At least we can have some fun snarking on here.  It’s all good.😍😷

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Your ASSISTANT lives on your property? Just a question.

We don’t have assistants (not even close) but our neighbors on either side do and they do live on-site because they have proper apartments for them. One has a live-in chef too. It’s not a way of life that I experience but it does exist. 

ETA: one perk of having a neighbor with a chef is fresh baked goods showing up on our doorstep from time to time 🍪 I’m not complaining 😊

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Wine, Silver Bells; wine.  It's all gonna be all right! Hang in there!

I think that’s my trouble.  I don’t drink.  What’s good?  Give me some hints.   About Cameron.  Maybe the husband cheating scandle did her in.  Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

About Cameron.  Maybe the husband cheating scandle did her in.

Read the whiff of  Katherine mentioning the cheating rumor caused Cameron to bow out along with Naomi and Chelsea (can't quite remember her name).  I thought Cameron was wise to limit her interaction with Katherine because I have a relationship with a mentally ill sister.  Trust me, you can't win.

Katherine thought this was the way to stick it to Cam and brought up the cheating rumor.  Bravo aired it (for whatever reason).  Makes me hate Katherine and Bravo.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is Pringle perpetually drunk or very exhausted?  He seems unkept too. Why do most of the men on this show seem so hapless?  Patricia, remind me why Pringle is a step up from Austen?  I must have missed the part about his money. He balked at paying $1400. for a jacket....that doesn’t sound like someone with money to me. 

When he first came on the show, he said he was paying support for the three kids and possibly alimony.  That’s why he looks like a rag.  He talks so fast and mumbles that you can barely hear what he’s saying.  I don’t get the fascination with this guy at all except he looks rugged.  I can’t understand why Patricia took such a liking to him.  Old money down the line maybe?

• Love 8
11 hours ago, albarino said:

I believe some of Katherine's weight gain is due to the medication she takes for her mental health disorder(s).  I am not a mental health professional but I"m a representative payee for a sister receiving Social Security Disability Income due to her mental health issues and she tells me some of her weight gain comes from the meds she is prescribed.

I do think it is ill-advised for her to drink while on her meds and I note she is the poster child for making poor decisions.  The problem is she has two kids who need her.  I really don't like or respect her.

You’re right - Kathryn has said (last season?) that her meds cause weight gain. I’m sure it’s a frustrating side effect.

• Love 3

Whitney coming out in his rubber gloves and throwing toilet paper 20 feet to Craig was the highlight of the show. Of course Craig didn’t buy supplies and, according to Austen (and flashbacks), is a conspiracy theorist. Also on-brand is Kathryn not even paying attention to the news whatsoever. Since I live in NJ and was in the “early wave” of restrictions (working from home since March 12), it was strange to me to see scenes such as Austen and Madison in an ice cream parlor “nervously laughing” about Coronavirus—but still sitting in a busy restaurant with someone breathing all over their ice cream. While I agree that it’s “too soon” to relive it because we’re STILL living it, it’s kind of interesting to see the perspective from another area of the country that is on a different wave to see how it was handled and perceived there. Like, here everyone just wears their damn mask and follows the rules because it was bad here from the start and most people in my area know people who had it and have friends whose relatives have died. But I imagine in some parts of the South”we might see people (potentially Craig and Kathryn) throwing a fit because wearing a mask against the “fake Chinese flu” is “infringing on their rights.” In fact, Craig even said it was fake in this episode. This will be like Facebook on TV with Whitney and Shep vs Craig and Kathryn.

• Love 21
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

What is John’s actual game plan?

To be on TV.  

Dangerously stupid, for not knowing how to get on the internet to find a store where he can buy a suit, and then when he gets to said store and sees the price tag of $1,400, he asks if that’s how much the suit costs.  What else could it be?  The suggested donation, as if this is some museum in New York City?

I mean, this had to be a lie, right?  That he can't buy his own suits, and can't BELIEVE that it's $1400?  I mean, I can't afford that either, but I'm not shocked they exist.  A commodities trader with Charleston family history both needs assistance to buy a "southern" suit and has similarly never heard of a $1400 suit?  As a real event, he's a dud, and if not as a liar he's a dud.  He's just a dud in general. Boo.  I sometimes wonder who's NOT getting on these shows.

Subjectively, I don't find either Dani or Madison (or Leva) to be all that attractive, but it's a type thing.  I find both Chelsea and Cameron more attractive facially.  

God, yes.

12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why is everyone always bowing down to Patricia?

Just the way the show is written/produced.  A grand dame seems pretty common for what they're going for.  She does pretty good at it.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Whitney coming out in his rubber gloves and throwing toilet paper 20 feet to Craig was the highlight of the show. Of course Craig didn’t buy supplies and, according to Austen (and flashbacks), is a conspiracy theorist. Also on-brand is Kathryn not even paying attention to the news whatsoever. Since I live in NJ and was in the “early wave” of restrictions (working from home since March 12), it was strange to me to see scenes such as Austen and Madison in an ice cream parlor “nervously laughing” about Coronavirus—but still sitting in a busy restaurant with someone breathing all over their ice cream. While I agree that it’s “too soon” to relive it because we’re STILL living it, it’s kind of interesting to see the perspective from another area of the country that is on a different wave to see how it was handled and perceived there. Like, here everyone just wears their damn mask and follows the rules because it was bad here from the start and most people in my area know people who had it and have friends whose relatives have died. But I imagine in some parts of the South”we might see people (potentially Craig and Kathryn) throwing a fit because wearing a mask against the “fake Chinese flu” is “infringing on their rights.” In fact, Craig even said it was fake in this episode. This will be like Facebook on TV with Whitney and Shep vs Craig and Kathryn.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how things progress.  I'm in NC, which is next door to SC and my friends and I jumped into isolating pretty fast.  Masks requirements were not in the initial precaution list.  I recall socially distancing, disinfecting, hand washing, etc., but, not wearing a mask due to CDC saying it wasn't necessary, THEN they change their mind and it became a biggie.  But, despite what has transpired, there are those who are adamant about not using precautions.  Just saw an adult male with a child who appeared to be about 10 years old in a grocery store last week with NO mask on either of them, in violation of state mandate. 

Craig continues to show his apathy for most all things. I'm surprised that he could plan a plane trip.  I'd think he'd never get around to it.  

Man, that food looked awesome! That is the best event I've seen on the show in a long time.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t think the show will finish because of the virus. It’s too dangerous to mingle.

From the previews, it looks like it's going to just be a massive break.  That way they can come back while people pretended things were somewhat normal and stopped caring, and they'll be done filming before everything's back to being completely screwed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wish LibertarianSlut would write a book of Southern Charm recaps. Every observance is perfection and so much fun to read!! 

Landon and John Pringle is a perfect idea, bring her back! It would piss off Kathryn too. 

I too, find “Pringle” (gawd), disheveled and kind of stank looking. I dislike his drunk-sounding mumbling and I really dislike his large ego and shitty character that thinks it’s okay to just move in on Madison, full court press. WHILE hanging out with Austen regularly. What a dick. 

And yes, why?? She’s very pretty but I too don’t think she’s that stunning as to explain his utter obsession with her. Which can only point to more scripted BS. Yea, why is no one ever nuzzling up to Danni? Because she isn’t a “star”, unlike Madison. Go find some other “smoke show” blonde in a bar, Pringle. 

Kathryn having no clue about coronavirus severity, very entitled and sheltered. 

I don’t know that Shep has it in him to fall truly head over heels in love. They are cute together but she has a bit of a buddy vibe with him at times. She looked really pretty at the tennis match. 

In Patricia’s world, ONLY money matters. That’s it. She’s pretty damn awful. I would date Austen over Pringle any day. 

• Love 8

I find the way Shep is so guarded about any serious relationship annoying.  Okay, Shep, we get it.  You can only BE with a girl who is VERY aware of your aversion to a serious relationship.  You get hives when the word marriage is mentioned and you get very antsy, very fast when dating one person. I mean, you're such a winner.  (Eye roll.) It's obvious that you are not ready for anything more than sexual high jinx, even at forty years of age.  That's his right, but, he is so immature about it.  Like, he's so special.  With him, it doesn't seem to be that much about personal choice, but, emotional immaturity.  Maybe, he just needs the right woman....like George Clooney.  lol 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Just the way the show is written/produced.  A grand dame seems pretty common for what they're going for.  She does pretty good at it.

Oh,I just remembered.  Whitney is the Producer and Patricia is his Mother .. DUH !  So, they dress her up in her fabulous caftans, do hair and makeup, put her in a fabulous chair, and there it goes.  Gives her something worthwhile to do in her old age.  Now, if only she could get that one grandchild, her life would be complete.  What’s with Whitney anyhow?  Doesn’t want a partner or child?  Guys in their fifties are having kids via surrogate.  He doesn’t need a wife or whoever.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I find the way Shep is so guarded about any serious relationship annoying.  Okay, Shep, we get it.  You can only BE with a girl who is VERY aware of your aversion to a serious relationship.  You get hives when the word marriage is mentioned and you get very antsy, very fast when dating one person. I mean, you're such a winner.  (Eye roll.) It's obvious that you are not ready for anything more than sexual high jinx, even at forty years of age.  That's his right, but, he is so immature about it.  Like, he's so special.  With him, it doesn't seem to be that much about personal choice, but, emotional immaturity.  Maybe, he just needs the right woman....like George Clooney.  lol 

Shep is a spoiled brat.  Although fun and lovable at times, marriage scares the shit out of him.  He wants his cake and eat it too.  He has to be free and do what he wants all of the time.  Marriage is a two way street.  He only goes one way .. his way.  He would be a handful.  BTW, why is he so figgity? When on camera, his leg is jumping a mile a minute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

I wish LibertarianSlut would write a book of Southern Charm recaps. Every observance is perfection and so much fun to read!! 

I would LOVE that.  She’s spot on everything.  Can she start now? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Nothing says producer interference more than a man moving to the opposite end of the country, away from his children when they are particularly vulnerable due to a divorce, so that he can reconnect with his roots or whatever the hell excuse they provided for that nonsense.

The Madison thing is over the top, predictable, faux drama.

Kathryn looks awful.  Just awful.  I'm not even referring to her weight.  Her skin looks bad, her hair looks bad, and as usual, her styling is laughable.

I see Danni is going to be a placeholder again this season.  <yawn>

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 16

I am far more attracted to Pringle than Austen. One strikes me as a man, the other a boy. I believe the comment about the cost of suit was a self deprecating joke.

Just being over 50 doesn’t necessarily make one part of a vulnerable population for COVID. However, Patricia surely is and Whitney lives with her so he has to be very careful for her sake.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I wonder about old Michael.... Does he have a life outside of being Patricia's butler? Or a family? 

I was just thinking about this last night.  Wondering if he lives on the grounds or somewhere else.  Something about the lemon picking made me wonder if he can pick the lemons for himself if he wants to.  

2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I mean, this had to be a lie, right?  That he can't buy his own suits, and can't BELIEVE that it's $1400?  I mean, I can't afford that either, but I'm not shocked they exist.  A commodities trader with Charleston family history both needs assistance to buy a "southern" suit and has similarly never heard of a $1400 suit?  As a real event, he's a dud, and if not as a liar he's a dud.  He's just a dud in general. Boo.  I sometimes wonder who's NOT getting on these shows.

Charleston family history doesn't always equal money.  

He said that he is a commodities clerk.  My husband is a trader, and he told me that a clerk is basically a runner, sometimes gets coffee... Although, his computer screen did look like my husband's trading screen.  Why would he say clerk if he's a trader?

1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Shep is a spoiled brat.  Although fun and lovable at times, marriage scares the shit out of him.  He wants his cake and eat it too.  He has to be free and do what he wants all of the time.  Marriage is a two way street.  He only goes one way .. his way.  He would be a handful.  BTW, why is he so figgity? When on camera, his leg is jumping a mile a minute.

Cocaine

9 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

Just being over 50 doesn’t necessarily make one part of a vulnerable population for COVID. However, Patricia surely is and Whitney lives with her so he has to be very careful for her sake.

Isn't Whitney like 55?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Charleston family history doesn't always equal money.  

Well, no, but the history that's been referred to on the show is monied history, isn't it? Not just random residency.

13 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Isn't Whitney like 55?

Close!  I just looked it up.  52, says our internet masters.

• LOL 1

Okay, why is a boy Ravenel that was spawned by another woman so disturbing to Kathryn? I get the whole being disturbed that he didn't tell her about it and allowing her to believe that there might be a possibility of good stuff between them but why harp on the fact that it's a boy? Did Kathryn hope that T would knock her up again, she'd have another boy, and that this would somehow be beneficial to her?

Nothing against Leva but I'm just not feeling her or Madison.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Okay, why is a boy Ravenel that was spawned by another woman so disturbing to Kathryn? I get the whole being disturbed that he didn't tell her about it and allowing her to believe that there might be a possibility of good stuff between them but why harp on the fact that it's a boy? Did Kathryn hope that T would knock her up again, she'd have another boy, and that this would somehow be beneficial to her?

Nothing against Leva but I'm just not feeling her or Madison.

Because we know that’s what’s important to the Ravenel family. When Kathryn first got pregnant, Thomas’ dad said he would give the baby a $10,000 present “if it’s a boy.”  A boy carries on the Ravenel name. As the mother to the only male offspring of Thomas, Kathryn insures her somewhat protected and valued status. If there is another male Thomas offspring, I think Kathryn fears her (and Saint’s) value diminishes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, goofygirl said:

So, do we know WHY Cam's not on the shitshow anymore?

She addressed this on her IG page. She said she refused to participate in these vulgar lies about her husband having an affair. It was not true and will hurt her family if she gives it life on the show. She said her husband is the kindest, most loyal, faithful, loving man she has ever known and would not cheat. She also said if she continued on the show they would make this bullshit lie a major storyline so she did the best thing for her family which was to quit. I thought it was a smart move and proves she really does love her husband enough to protect him. If he did have an affair, it was still a smart move for her to quit so there can be no more accusations/assumptions about it. 

Also, both Naomi and Chelsea chimed in to say how despicable Kathryn is. But, alas, good ole' Danni is still the ever ass kissing friend to Kathryn. 

What I don't get is that Cameran's best friend Leva started off the season telling off Kathryn and telling her to shut her pie hole with the lies, then all of a sudden she's inviting Kathryn to her Persian dinner and going to her house to help set up the kids rooms. WTF is that? Some bestie she is. Wonder how Cam feels about that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

He talks to his ex wife like she’s one of the brahs. That just seems odd to me. 

I think Pringle who has a hard dingle for Madison was talking to his sister. He said he talks to her all the time, they are best friends. I think she lives in Charleston. 

Pringle said he's 43. That's a disheveled, rumpled, rough looking 43. I would have thought he was around 50. I also have a theory about how he got on this show. He was living in California. Whitney lives in California (except when he's filming in Charleston). I bet Whit knew Pringle and asked him if he would come on the show and help him try to revive this sinking ship and take on the role of the guy who wants to steal Madison. Pringle said ok, I'll do it but how much are you gonna pay me, bruh?  Whitney made it worth his while. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

What I don't get is that Cameran's best friend Leva started off the season telling off Kathryn and telling her to shut her pie hole with the lies, then all of a sudden she's inviting Kathryn to her Persian dinner and going to her house to help set up the kids rooms. WTF is that? Some bestie she is. Wonder how Cam feels about that.  

I thought the exact same thing. It’s one thing for Leva to film scenes with Kathryn but she acts very chummy with her. What about when she said, “ I love you” to her on that call? That was weird! 

Danni is hyper loyal to Kathryn, really too much so. Poor Danni never, ever gets any kind of storyline, not even a minute one. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Nothing says producer interference more than a man moving to the opposite end of the country, away from his children when they are particularly vulnerable due to a divorce, so that he an reconnect with his roots or whatever the hell excuse they provided for that nonsense.

The Madison thing is over the top, predictable, faux drama.

Kathryn look awful.  Just awful.  I'm not even referring to her weight.  Her skin looks bad, her hair looks bad, and as usual, her styling is laughable.

I see Danni is going to be a placeholder again this season.  <yawn>

I thought the same thing.  He put himself before his children.  Blatently he is taking away Austin’s girlfriend, and Mrs. Budinsky is helping him along.  I agree that Katherine isn’t looking her best.  I wasn’t fat shaming her, as I also gained weight when my thyroid was under normal, but with meds it does go back to normal.  She looked horrible trying on the yellow dress at the dress shop.  Too much makeup and the dress wasn’t for her.  She can’t be too bright if she had to be told about the virus sweeping the world .. Charleston too.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Cocaine

I never thought of that.  Doesn’t that speed a person up?  What would he need more energy for?  He doesn’t do anything.  No job .. just a walk to the bank to get the trust fund money.  It must be exhausting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She addressed this on her IG page. She said she refused to participate in these vulgar lies about her husband having an affair. It was not true and will hurt her family if she gives it life on the show. She said her husband is the kindest, most loyal, faithful, loving man she has ever known and would not cheat. She also said if she continued on the show they would make this bullshit lie a major storyline so she did the best thing for her family which was to quit. I thought it was a smart move and proves she really does love her husband enough to protect him. If he did have an affair, it was still a smart move for her to quit so there can be no more accusations/assumptions about it. 

Also, both Naomi and Chelsea chimed in to say how despicable Kathryn is. But, alas, good ole' Danni is still the ever ass kissing friend to Kathryn. 

Thanks for all the info.  Cameron should never gone on the show in the first place.  The producers don’t care.  She didn’t have a story line, so they gave her one.  Unfortunately, it backfired on her.  I don’t really think Leva was her friend.  Producers just threw her on the show for something different.  They should have gave us an episode to tie all the ends up.  I didn’t know what happened and why to a lot of things.  I’m  also getting tired of Madison’s face in the camera every minute.  This used to be my favorite show, but now it’s uninteresting.  The first season was fabulous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Lassus said:

Well, no, but the history that's been referred to on the show is monied history, isn't it? Not just random residency.

Kathryn’s family has the name but seemingly not the money.  

21 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I never thought of that.  Doesn’t that speed a person up?  What would he need more energy for?  He doesn’t do anything.  No job .. just a walk to the bank to get the trust fund money.  It must be exhausting.

It’s not used just to get energy.  It has a euphoric component.  

• Love 4