Type keyword(s) to search

I Love A Mama’s Boy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So this means Emily and Kim did not take hold of their freedom? Argh. So Kim is still dealing with Kelly's barbs, and Emily is still dealing with Laila's venom. 🙄

Interesting how most of these guys don't really recognize their own behavior and attitudes when they see them in others. Except for Mike, whose self-congratulatory "that's how it should be" attitude makes me retch. He has to be the worst, because he thinks he does no wrong.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Just watched this-funny how the boys bond together like they think it's ok to act the way they do-and the moms are like "oh she's right" and the girlfriends are pulling for each other. And why does Kelly's dog wear a diaper? Sweet Baby Jesus give me a break!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

Just watched this-funny how the boys bond together like they think it's ok to act the way they do-and the moms are like "oh she's right" and the girlfriends are pulling for each other.

Even though this is heavily scripted, I think the Mammas and their "boys" truly believe their behavior is above reproach. Those boys will go on to get married eventually* (whether to these victims or some in the future) and raise kids to think the same way.

*Mammas will see the handwriting on the wall and realize they'll need a female scapegoat to take care of them in their old age.

2 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

And why does Kelly's dog wear a diaper?

Incontinence of some sort...age? Injury?  We all know Kelly is GROSS, but WHY wave a urine- soaked doggie diaper in the face of your proudest accomplishment?  

WORSE!  Why am I watching this stuff?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

The vibe I get from the Watch With Mom episodes (and this one in particular) seems to just scream FAKE to me. There’s not one believable moment in the interactions at all. Especially with Shekeb. I can see why his acting career has gone nowhere.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

The vibe I get from the Watch With Mom episodes (and this one in particular) seems to just scream FAKE to me. There’s not one believable moment in the interactions at all. Especially with Shekeb. I can see why his acting career has gone nowhere.

I agree.  I find Laila to be the most fake of all of them.  How she kept calling Emily "pig" and just insulting her every chance she could.  And Emily's histrionics last week screamed fake too.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 11/17/2021 at 6:19 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

I agree.  I find Laila to be the most fake of all of them.  How she kept calling Emily "pig" and just insulting her every chance she could.  And Emily's histrionics last week screamed fake too.  

Emily is just faking her way through the show these days.  She has been ridiculous (and I would have defended her previously because Laila is just so vile) this season.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:
On 11/17/2021 at 5:19 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

Emily is just faking her way through the show these days.  She has been ridiculous (and I would have defended her previously because Laila is just so vile) this season.  

I'm amazed (well...that's a strong word) that this storyline has been allowed to continue.  Perhaps it's the work of a couple of interns--or maybe there's some nepotism involved (someone in power has sons or daughters who NEED to carry on the family bidness?).  EVERYTHING about these three screams amateur!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

So is this show over for the season or are we just on one of those inexplicable breaks?  

Door #2   From the 'net: "In a press release, TLC revealed that 'I Love A Mama's Boy' has been renewed for season 3. Season 2 reportedly garnered 1.4M P2+ viewers tuning in week after week to watch mother-son duos enjoy sleepytime tea and go lingerie shopping for their girlfriends. Nov 14, 2021"

• Useful 3

Thanks.  Regardless of how much of a train wreck this show is I still somehow find myself drawn to it, perhaps to make sure that I am not that kind of mother-in-law (good news - my daughter's mother-in-law has those tendencies so I look like a winner compared to her...LOL!).

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/14/2021 at 9:23 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Damn I thought Kim and Emily escaped. Why are they on there?

The watch with moms were filmed before the end of the season. 

I liked it better with just the moms and sons watching. It was so much funnier. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

The watch with moms were filmed before the end of the season. 

I liked it better with just the moms and sons watching. It was so much funnier. 

What I would have liked to have seen was all of the girlfriends in one room with one another.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 10/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, Maisiesmom said:

Whatever happened to the red-faced mom who wanted sonny boy in a red tux so they could dance the tango? Was their story ever resolved?

A picture of that mom was straight out of the alcoholism page in a medical textbook. WOW

• Mind Blown 1
On 9/20/2021 at 6:31 AM, sainte-chapelle said:

Yea my friends sister became a doctor. I heard their mom tell my friend “ you are the pretty one, get a basic degree stay pure and marry well.” It was awkward.

My Korean music conservatory classmates in NYC were all sent there to make them more marriageable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2022 at 11:47 AM, Ucross said:

A picture of that mom was straight out of the alcoholism page in a medical textbook. WOW

As awful as Annette was, I’m not willing to assume she’s an alcoholic because of her skin. It looks like she has a severe case of rosacea. Maybe they should do a Dr. Pimple Popper crossover. 😂

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BAForever said:

The previews with Kelly saying "hubba hubba" to shirtless SON Matt are repulsive. Glad Kim left. Still am convinced Matt is a closeted gay man. 

I wish I could think of a better word than "repulsive."  SHE's repulsive.  HE's repulsive.  I have a strong stomach...but man!  DUDE!  She's probably running this television program and setting up all the scenes.  MAN!!

I didn't realize Kim left...as in "left legally."  Hope she kept some of the doo-dads...and her dignity.

Matt can't be gay.  He's an insult to every gay human.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
27 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I wish I could think of a better word than "repulsive."  SHE's repulsive.  HE's repulsive.  I have a strong stomach...but man!  DUDE!  She's probably running this television program and setting up all the scenes.  MAN!!

I didn't realize Kim left...as in "left legally."  Hope she kept some of the doo-dads...and her dignity.

I'm going to need a recap

Kim had left (temporarily) for a job promotion last year. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she's done with the show. Wonder who the new victim is?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, BAForever said:

The previews with Kelly saying "hubba hubba" to shirtless SON Matt are repulsive.

Kelly is aggressive as Matt's manager.  Maybe she can get him jobs modeling beautiful bras for men.

• Wink 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 9
22 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I can’t believe Matt and his mom could find a new victim after anyone had seen this show. 

Unless she's a typical TLC famewhore. Kelly is so vile and Matt has the emotional maturity of an 8 year old. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I call shenanigans with the Emily/Shakib/Leila storyline. You can't just put someone else's name on the lease - they have to sign it. Otherwise, everyone in the world would put other people's names on their apartments so they'd have to pay!

And that grandmother who wants one of the granddaughters to be someone else's? That's psycho and poisonous. When the results coming back dispelling it, she should not be allowed to see either of those grandchildren ever. The other storylines I just shrug off as nonsense, but that genuinely upset me. So hateful.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

I despise Emily and her whining. It is all so over the top and seems fake. How can Shakeeb be anyone's soulmate? He's such a dweeb. 

Not liking MMA fighter's mom. She's just mean. I prefer the moms who are over the top but not so nasty.

I was ridiculously excited for this new season, but found myself very disappointed in the first episode. I'm sure I'll keep hate watching though!

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Randomly turning channels and found out this was on again… lord baby Jesus you wanna be a professional MMA fighter and your mom still ties your shoes and puts a bib on you .. yea that’s hon a make other fighters respect you 

• Applause 4
  • LOL 6

I can’t get over having two MMA fighter story lines on TLC currently (also on 90 Day with Bini). It’s like someone in production just got into the sport one weekend, and pitched it in a Monday meeting.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, JeanJean said:

And that grandmother who wants one of the granddaughters to be someone else's? That's psycho and poisonous. When the results coming back dispelling it, she should not be allowed to see either of those grandchildren ever.

I’d be like well I guess your mom finally got what she wanted .. cause the minute that test comes back that that’s YOUR kid we are done … there is no way in hell I would stay with someone who thought not only did I CHEAT on them but I had a whole child and let it grow up lying about it for how many years? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

The mother demanding a DNA test just doesn't get it. If you raise a child from birth (or otherwise), DNA is inconsequential. That is YOUR child, and you love it as such. Being a loving, concerned parent is so much more than biology, and this hag will never be able to wrap her pea-sized brain and heart around that fact. 

Edited by Rebky
spelling error
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I didn't see the beginning of the show but did they mention Kim by name or always refer to her as Matt's "ex"? That's what they did on 90 Day Fiancé when Usman never referred to Lisa by name. Maybe that was because they would have had to pay her? (besides Lisa getting herself banned from the show) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wonder how much of this show is staged. However, the same problems are going to arise with Matt and his new girlfriend(Brittany) as he had with Kim. Nothing's changed.

Maybe Kelly should get a hobby or something instead of drooling over her son shirtless. (creepy)

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, applewood said:

Maybe Kelly should get a hobby or something instead of drooling over her son shirtless. (creepy)

Dear Kelly, if you were hoping for MORE fans this season, you overplayed your hand.  I sat through the entire first episode.  For me, it's the LAST episode.  I'll never see your desperate face again.  The producers must be more pathetic than you are.

4 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Not liking MMA fighter's mom. She's just mean.

She has SEVEN kids?  SEVEN?  Methinks THOSE kids are the ones who should be DNA-tested!

• Love 6

I tuned out of S2 but caught episode 1 of S3.

Emily/Shakib/Leila - They all just suck but it has to be all fake. Why would Emily stick around Shakib if he's that much of a dweeb and Leila is still verbally abusing her.

I know it sounds gross but Kelly & Matt should just do the deed to get it over with and then he needs to come out of the closet.  I mean she's practically drooling at him shirtless and the preview of the couples massage together and they are holding hands is just ick in itself. Would Kelly be jealous of another dude?

The MMA fighter, his gf should really let him eat whatever but if he gains weight, he can go bitch at his mom.  If I was the gf, I would allow the DNA (she's 100% sure #2 is his kid) and before the test results are revealed, mom needs to sign a paper she won't interfere in her child or grandchildren's lives anymore. May be worth the hassle and the gf having the upper hand.

I really don't understand again how these women just stay with these pathetic duds (again).

• Love 8

Saw this last night. Sweet Baby Jesus where do they find these people? Matt is just sad-why wasn't his new girls gaydar pinging off the charts? Because he's such a "nice guy"? And his body-ugh-chubby and soft looking. If I was his new girl I would be running for the hills. You know Kelly will drive her away. His house id nice, though. I'm sure Momma has a bed in there somewhere. As for Emily and Shakib- just give it up already! He's a loser-she's delusional-(nice apartment, tho) and his mom is as mean as ever. The MMA guys mom is not only mean but has a hard looking face and I think the curly haired brother is gay in self-defense. Why do these women have keys to their son's houses? 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

Saw this last night. Sweet Baby Jesus where do they find these people? Matt is just sad-why wasn't his new girls gaydar pinging off the charts? Because he's such a "nice guy"? And his body-ugh-chubby and soft looking. If I was his new girl I would be running for the hills. You know Kelly will drive her away. His house id nice, though. I'm sure Momma has a bed in there somewhere. As for Emily and Shakib- just give it up already! He's a loser-she's delusional-(nice apartment, tho) and his mom is as mean as ever. The MMA guys mom is not only mean but has a hard looking face and I think the curly haired brother is gay in self-defense. Why do these women have keys to their son's houses? 

The fact that they have a key is not unusual, my mother always had a key to my house just in case of emergency & my wife's children as well as her parents have a key to our house as they are both pretty close, well one daughter isn't. It has more to do with the way that key is used than the having a key.

These mothers are just ridiculously OTT. The new ones are probably just hoping for some airtime anyway after seeing the others.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Too much fiction for me, which is a relief for the “girlfriends/wives/fiances”, who tend to be horrible actresses, themselves.  

I don’t know how any of these “men”, if their situation were real, would be able to find women who have even an ounce of attraction to them.  Unless they kept their moms a secret for a LONG time before unleashing the beast, I can’t see any female in her right mind who would think, “oh….he’s so DREAMY!” 

Barf.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CallmeCray said:

Too much fiction for me, which is a relief for the “girlfriends/wives/fiances”, who tend to be horrible actresses, themselves.  

I don’t know how any of these “men”, if their situation were real, would be able to find women who have even an ounce of attraction to them.  Unless they kept their moms a secret for a LONG time before unleashing the beast, I can’t see any female in her right mind who would think, “oh….he’s so DREAMY!” 

Barf.

Right ... how do you stay with someone who's mother tells your husband that his child might not be his? and then that man ask you for a DNA test .. Oh hell no 

• Applause 6
(edited)
On 6/20/2022 at 1:50 PM, magemaud said:

I didn't see the beginning of the show but did they mention Kim by name or always refer to her as Matt's "ex"? That's what they did on 90 Day Fiancé when Usman never referred to Lisa by name. Maybe that was because they would have had to pay her? (besides Lisa getting herself banned from the show) 

As much as it pains me to admit this, I follow Kim on Instagram. She is very happy, living her happy life in Austin. Her pictures show her absolutely killing it, much more happy than she ever was with gay Matt (and the love of his life Mama). 

Edited by Rebky
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/20/2022 at 8:26 AM, Cancun said:

I can’t get over having two MMA fighter story lines on TLC currently (also on 90 Day with Bini). It’s like someone in production just got into the sport one weekend, and pitched it in a Monday meeting.

Isn’t Fernanda’s BF, Noel, (90D Diaries) also an MMA fighter?  

I’m gonna pay close attention to see if they hold each of their (fixed?) fights in the same venue.  🧐

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:
On 6/20/2022 at 11:26 AM, Cancun said:

Expand  

Isn’t Fernanda’s BF, Noel, (90D Diaries) also an MMA fighter?  

Noel is a professional boxer. I think that’s different 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I hope that Emily goes apeshit and destroys Shakib's mom's garden again.  Let this trashy season begin!

You are completely psychotic, and I adore you - can we be friends??? 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Rebky said:

You are completely psychotic, and I adore you - can we be friends??? 

Thank you 🙂- I'm honored! Trash TV "I Love a Mama's Boy" gal pals! I love the chaos and cringe of this show and Emily's mental breakdowns are a sight to behold! When she did that winding softball pitch with Shakib's mom's house plants and terrorized the steps while marching in her Birkenstock sandals, I thought "This bitch knows how to live!!!" 😆

• Wink 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Thank you 🙂- I'm honored! Trash TV "I Love a Mama's Boy" gal pals! I love the chaos and cringe of this show and Emily's mental breakdowns are a sight to behold! When she did that winding softball pitch with Shakib's mom's house plants and terrorized the steps while marching in her Birkenstock sandals, I thought "This bitch knows how to live!!!" 😆

LMAO!!!!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1