Type keyword(s) to search

I Love A Mama’s Boy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This has become such a fake show, except for Nancy/Robert/Kristy and Evan/Leyna/Esther.   Matt/Kelly is not fake so much as theatrical.  I keep watching them for the laughs.

I thought in season 1 that the Emily/Shekeb story had some truth to it, but now not at all.

The Tre/Abby story is completely fake, apparently--they weren't even together anymore.  I fast forward.  Boring.

Nancy/Robert/Kristy is just scary, but I watch in horror.

Evan and his mom are cringey--but I think real.  I feel bad for the bride. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Matt/Kelly is not fake so much as theatrical.  I keep watching them for the laughs.

"Matt/Kelly is not fake so much as theatrical.  I keep watching them for the laughs," eyerolls, and groans.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

What makes me saddest about this show is how desperate the women are to get a ring like that will solve all of their problem – or any of them. Ladies, these men are showing you exactly who they are. Believe them.

Exactly!  So unbelievably desperate! These women are staying mostly because they put so much time into these guys and I think that NOW is the time for them to leave these mommy's boys and start over.  To quote the lyrics of the late Kenny Rogers "You've got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em', know when to walk away, and know when to run!" 🏃‍♀️🥀 👵🦜

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

It's unfortunate that Matt doesn't realize what a GREAT TIME...great life he would have if he just admitted to himself and Mommie Dearest that he's GAY!  He can have a great social life: clubs, parties, dinners.  FRIENDS!  True friends!!!  He would have a great support system.  He doesn't know what he's missing by tethered to UNO WHO's bra straps.

This is a great gig for him and Mommy though- being on TV, pretending to want to date women, and getting perverse pleasure out of mistreating them. They have nothing to lose; more shopping and massage money for them!  Even the "girlfriends" are likely in on it- "hey, want to play my beard for a few extra bucks? And you can be on TV!" Win, win, win! For all we know Matt is out there shagging guys as we speak when the cameramen go home, and laughing all the way to the bank.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

This is a great gig for him and Mommy though- being on TV, pretending to want to date women, and getting perverse pleasure out of mistreating them.

I don't know if the perverse pleasure would be enough to warrant the ridicule...but that's just me.

5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

For all we know Matt is out there shagging guys as we speak when the cameramen go home, and laughing all the way to the bank.

I picture any shagged guys as telling their friends they have "proof," and also laughing at Matt AND especially Kelly--just no bank involved.

• Love 4

Robert’s mom needs to fuck the hell OFF. Piece of trash. She literally saying 99.9% ain’t 100%. GTFO.

Nancy is a terrible mother and a horrible grandmother. She doesn’t deserve them in her life. She’s disrespecting her son’s daughter, who is her granddaughter, and she expects her son to take her wacky side? She’s not right in the head. She’s so vile. And her other derpy son sits there and encourages her behavior.

The preview for next week just had me screaming at my TV! Matt running away from Brittany and her calling him a “pussy ass prima-donna”! I cannot wait.

Shakeb’s acting is getting worse.

• Applause 4
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Robert’s mom needs to fuck the hell OFF. Piece of trash. She literally saying 99.9% ain’t 100%. GTFO.

On an earlier episode she said she'd believe it from "MAURY."  I want someone to call her bluff.  Cannot IMAGINE what Maury's audience would say to her.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

On an earlier episode she said she'd believe it from "MAURY."  I want someone to call her bluff.  Cannot IMAGINE what Maury's audience would say to her.

happy dance GIF by The Maury Show

• LOL 6

I am re-watching the "home-cooked" dinner fiasco that Emily tried to pull off.

Emily, please listen to me. If you continue to fight for this so-called "relationship" with Shakeeeb, here is your future. You will wake up next to a man whose gut is so large you will have to hoist it up for him to put on a belt and fasten it. His nose will be flopping all over his face, all the while expecting you to treat him as the hottest "king" ever (after all, mommy says so!). Regret is the most bitter pill to swallow. Spit it up while you can and ghost him with all you got girlfriend.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Rebky said:

I am re-watching the "home-cooked" dinner fiasco that Emily tried to pull off.

Emily, please listen to me. If you continue to fight for this so-called "relationship" with Shakeeeb, here is your future. You will wake up next to a man whose gut is so large you will have to hoist it up for him to put on a belt and fasten it. His nose will be flopping all over his face, all the while expecting you to treat him as the hottest "king" ever (after all, mommy says so!). Regret is the most bitter pill to swallow. Spit it up while you can and ghost him with all you got girlfriend.

Not to mention the "fragrances" he chooses, including his "most personal" hygiene.  Emily, you're not a good actress.  We and TLC can't understand how you were hired.  If you can't find a better paycheck, you'll be humiliating yourself until your episodes are canceled.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I got Danielle flashbacks from RHONJ when Emily was mad that Shaheave is going to date all these "woman's 

image.png.6614923765b0c80a22553b98d6064ce3.png   

I don't care what you write...just seeing this photo and your name is THE BEST!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I got Danielle flashbacks from RHONJ when Emily was mad that Shaheave is going to date all these "woman's 

Hahaha spot on with your RHONJ reference! Back Atcha is right about your profile name/photo choice: so funny and clever! I am a major 90 Day Fiancé fan, I love it! 😄

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Wow, this season ender was something else. 

SPOILER ALERT (I watched on Discovery+).

1)  The wedding is off for Ethan and Leyna.  Relieved for her.  He acted like an ass, and his mother was appalling.  They insisted Leyna cut her guest list and refused to stop flirting--it's their "thing."  They say they were "postponing" the wedding because of Ethan's dead cat.  Sure.  (Also, Ethan slipped and said things like it was his mother's wedding.)

2)  Emily and Shekeb and Laila had a fake fight where Emily growled like a character from the  Exorcist.  Relationship over.

3) Robert and Kristy not seeing Nancy.  Good for him!

4) Matt revealed his new girlfriend Devon.  Kelly is upset!

5) No Tre and Abby and Lorenda this week. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

1)  The wedding is off for Ethan and Leyna.  Relieved for her.  He acted like an ass, and his mother was appalling.  They insisted Leyna cut her guest list and refused to stop flirting--it's their "thing."  They say they were "postponing" the wedding because of Ethan's dead cat.  Sure.  (Also, Ethan slipped and said things like it was his mother's wedding.)

Flirting is their thing?

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

They insisted Leyna cut her guest list and refused to stop flirting--it's their "thing." 

no matter how many times they try to say oh its not bad or its nothing ... its CREEEPY AF .... the fact they won't stop and acknowledge that its "their" thing makes it even more disturbing ... just move to some backwater mountain inbred wrong turn town and go at it just get off this show ugh 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Additional  notes from the Ethan/Leyna story:  they brought in a younger brother who lives in Nashville.  Mom tried to enlist him in the drama but he was all "leave me out of it." 

Matt and Brittney's last meeting was weird and staged, but he still comes off as a narcissistic tool.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but Brittany looked like a fool with her big blow up.  Matt is who he is, but her reactions were pretty juvenile.  The guy was a creep, no need to retaliate with tit-for-tat; dump him and move on.  But then, I'm not  20 anymore and don't react like a teenager.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Chloe Dog said:

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but Brittany looked like a fool with her big blow up.  Matt is who he is, but her reactions were pretty juvenile.  The guy was a creep, no need to retaliate with tit-for-tat; dump him and move on.  But then, I'm not  20 anymore and don't react like a teenager.

Reacting like that with a brat like Matt is just letting him be able to think you're crazy. She should have just been very cool towards him.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Brittany has pretty hair. Too bad she acted the fool when confronting gay Matt who ran away like a little boy.His new "love" Devon says she has no problem with this mom yeah right she hasn't even met her yet but Kelly "disapproves" . Of course she does!! Thank god the wedding has been "postponed" for Leyna and her grieving fiancee and controlling mother. Because the cute "support" kitty died. What a crock of shit. I hope Robert and Kristy have a chance-I would like to see them make it. As far as Emily and asshole go, I knew he would move back home. He has the worst ideas as to how to make things work out- and Emily once again did not help. Instead she is too confronting, throws tissues around and acting the fool. O gee I have been dating him for 4 years what do I do now? Start over and grow up, Missy, that's what you do. Mid 30s is not too old to find someone else.  This season went too fast for me. But it was entertaining and I thank god I don't have to deal with shit like that!

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

2)  Emily and Shekeb and Laila had a fake fight where Emily growled like a character from the  Exorcist.  Relationship over.

3) Robert and Kristy not seeing Nancy.  Good for him!

4) Matt revealed his new girlfriend Devon.  Kelly is upset!

5) No Tre and Abby and Lorenda this week. 

Ethan and Leyna's wedding was not off, it was postponed because of Ethan's cat who passed away

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, DVDFreaker said:

Ethan and Leyna's wedding was not off, it was postponed because of Ethan's cat who passed away

Oh, they said that, but I don't believe it.  I don't think this wedding will actually happen.  At least I hope not.  I think this gives them enough pause to walk away.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

lol you postpone a wedding for a damn cat? come on now 

Ethan claimed it was a certified emotional support cat.  And some people are really laid low by the death of a pet.   Unfortunately, they have already displayed so much problem behavior without anyone ever mentioning this cat, none of what they say is believable. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 2

Ethan has a weird flat affect and since he wears tinted glasses, you can never see his eyes. He seems to have no regard for his fiancée’s wishes and wants to play baby with his mom. I would never marry someone like that. Glad to see Robert is sticking up for his family. The other mama’s boys will never get married and live with their moms until the moms die.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Ethan claimed it was a certified emotional support cat.  And some people are really laid low by the death of a pet.   Unfortunately, they have already displayed so much problem behavior without anyone ever mentioning this cat, none of what they say is believable. 

I’m just saying out of EVERYTHING trying to blame it on the death of a cat is the least believable excuse they could come up with 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I am sorry this is a hill I will die on….

No str8 man would EVER in his life say this in a fight with ANYONE….it’s just NOT gonna happen 

while he may be closeted he is on a reality show where we comment on “odd” behavior and I’m just saying for a “straight” man this would be ODD

3EEA5FCA-B4A3-4B81-8FAB-BA32D324A607.jpeg

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Wink 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2022 at 8:30 PM, KateHearts said:

Christy has an odd, flat affect and I can't decide if she is a little slow-witted or maybe just has a bit of Stockholm Syndrome at this point. 

I think it's her deep, "foghorn" voice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

lol you postpone a wedding for a damn cat? come on now 

I can see it. I've had pets who've been diagnosed with something fatal, and I didn't want to be away from them. I didn't want them to die when I wasn't there.

• Hugs 3
8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I am sorry this is a hill I will die on….

No str8 man would EVER in his life say this in a fight with ANYONE….it’s just NOT gonna happen 

while he may be closeted he is on a reality show where we comment on “odd” behavior and I’m just saying for a “straight” man this would be ODD

3EEA5FCA-B4A3-4B81-8FAB-BA32D324A607.jpeg

I thought the same thing! Especially when he made fun of her cowgirl boots and said, "Go write a country song!" and dramatically flicked his wrist with the remark.  Matt makes the late Liberace look butch!  Matt reminds me of a time I tried to give a closeted guy the benefit of the doubt and on the second date and he was talking shit about his girl coworker's outfit, and he said in a catty voice, "Sweetie, nobody wears black with navy!" And I thought to myself "Oh no siree, get me an UBER or drive me to BART- I am holding out for a hetero!" 😅

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Wink 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I thought the same thing! Especially when he made fun of her cowgirl boots and said, "Go write a country song!" and dramatically flicked his wrist with the remark.  Matt makes the late Liberace look butch!  Matt reminds me of a time I tried to give a closeted guy the benefit of the doubt and on the second date and he was talking shit about his girl coworker's outfit, and he said in a catty voice, "Sweetie, nobody wears black with navy!" And I thought to myself "Oh no siree, get me an UBER or drive me to BART- I am holding out for a hetero!" 😅

Lord baby Jesus now with him wanting to jump head first into a Marriage with this new woman who has freaking kids ... I just dont get it.. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Can someone refresh my memory what Matt does for a living that allows him to drive a Tesla? 

I thought I heard the girl he was seeing ask if Devon was the female who used to be his boss and he said yes but there was no mention of what he did. If I remember right he also said he worked with his mother so my guess is insurance.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Can someone refresh my memory what Matt does for a living that allows him to drive a Tesla? 

Maybe he works at Rent-A-Tesla and drives the cars to the clients.

(I thought he and his mother worked together--from home--in real estate)

• Love 1

What type of venue did Matt take Devon to? Umbrella in the back of his pickup truck, with wine and snacks. I kept expecting to see a concert or outdoor movie or something. But it just looked like they were in a parking lot with cars going by on a nearby street. 

• LOL 3

Um, Emily, a woman in her 30s without a husband and kids hasn't failed at life.

Getting shackled to a spineless mama's boy because you're desperate for a ring is failing at life. Screaming and berating people when you don't get your way is failing at life. Acting like a toddler throwing shrieking tantrums is failing at life.

I know what I'm looking forward to: you not appearing on my screen to whine and screech.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Cancun said:

What type of venue did Matt take Devon to? Umbrella in the back of his pickup truck, with wine and snacks. I kept expecting to see a concert or outdoor movie or something. But it just looked like they were in a parking lot with cars going by on a nearby street. 

Looked to me like they were parked in a field with the cars going by looking for the next available space in the same field. No doubt it was his idea of upscale tailgating although I was intrigued about the umbrella.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Looked to me like they were parked in a field with the cars going by looking for the next available space in the same field. No doubt it was his idea of upscale tailgating although I was intrigued about the umbrella.

I went back and watched again. They are in a gravel parking lot at a lake, with a nearby grassy area and maybe a beach. Which makes me wonder…why go to a lake and then sit in the parking lot? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Cancun
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Esther can invite twenty friends from tennis but Leyna has to disinvite family friends!?!?! What a psycho.

Dennis helped Leyna dodge a bullet.

I prefer Shane. He looks sane compared to his incestuous bro-mom lover.

What friends does Matt have? Besides his mom.

YOU ARE SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN MATT. WHAT A WIMP ASS LOSER.

On 8/29/2022 at 5:50 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Alright out of the ENTIRE crap show that was these peoples lives honestly this is the only one I cared about and was like good 

4BE5BD8D-AC82-4ABD-BE03-B553063D7411.jpeg

I really hope they go no contact with that horrible, bitchy gramma. That is what I’d do.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Esther can invite twenty friends from tennis but Leyna has to disinvite family friends!?!?! What a psycho.

Why doesn't Esther slip into that GOLD sequined dress, slither (sexily) down the aisle, and marry her boy like both of them really really really really want?

• Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6