Type keyword(s) to search

I Love A Mama’s Boy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

When reading the various suggestions for Matt to come out...I wonder what the gay viewers think about him and HER!!  Perhaps if he gets a special friend with gumption, Kelly can FINALLY be put to rest (not literally, of course).

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

When reading the various suggestions for Matt to come out...I wonder what the gay viewers think about him and HER!!  Perhaps if he gets a special friend with gumption, Kelly can FINALLY be put to rest (not literally, of course).

Actually, I think if Matt came out and admitted he was gay, Kelly would have a BIGASS PARTY!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

ALL these poor Mothers!!  They just CANNOT get with the program, can they??

That friend of Layla's who said she was always "so sweet"....  Just about made me spit  coca-cola all over my computer!!

And the Mom whose son is the fighter and she wants a DNA test for one of his daughters?? 

WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE PEOPLE????

• Applause 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

This show is fake right? It has to be fake. If these women are in relationships with these men that are THIS attached to their mothers, well, then, they deserve the misery!

Tre and his girlfriend (her name escapes me) have a 7 year old child, live together and have been together since they were children….yet his Mom “ didn’t know” it was her birthday? Come on now. And her involvement is just now a problem in their years long relationship? Fake, fake, fake!  Do better, TLC.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

Sometimes I have this show on in the background while I’m catching up with 90DF posts, so I don’t pay close attention. Have they explained how Shakeb has just met Yussra but she claims that sweet, wonderful Layla is “like a mother” to her? 

And I agree that production must think we’re stupid if we are to believe that Tre’s mother doesn’t know it’s his long time girlfriend’s birthday? And his mother and her best friend’s conversation reminded me of a badly acted community theatre scene. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 6

This show used to be more fun. Now it is sooooo contrived. The new people are horrible. Emily still can't act and has the flattest affect. (I do not see how Shakeeb and her can be a couple in the first place-- not one ounce of chemistry there.) Kelly has become a cartoon villain. Pulling out the tree with the root ball still in burlap. That was producer shenanigans for sure. 

• Applause 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

This show used to be more fun. Now it is sooooo contrived. The new people are horrible. Emily still can't act and has the flattest affect. (I do not see how Shakeeb and her can be a couple in the first place-- not one ounce of chemistry there.) Kelly has become a cartoon villain. Pulling out the tree with the root ball still in burlap. That was producer shenanigans for sure. 

Totally agree. It's turning into a joke. The thing is, I truly believe Layla and Kelly are horrible and will be hateful to any woman who gets involved with their darling sons. Don't need the contrived scenarios. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BAForever said:

Totally agree. It's turning into a joke. The thing is, I truly believe Layla and Kelly are horrible will be hateful to any woman who gets involved with their darling sons. Don't need the contrived scenarios. 

Yes! There is enough genuine ridiculousness going on without setting things up between the overbearing moms and the man-baby sons. 

• Applause 8

Well, that was kind of boring. Shakeb and Emily going to the gym was totally stupid-he was totally flirting with the other girl. And Emily needs to take some acting lessons.  And Tre's mom? I just can't. Showing up at the girlfriends birthday dinner? And feeding her son at the table? Ugh. Bachelorette girlfriend - I have a solution to your problem- don't marry this guy and don't tell his mom where your party is. Miami is a big place. And fighter guys mom is just so hard looking-her face matches her mean personality. I noticed she was a younger mom-maybe that's why she is how she is.

• Love 6

This episode was kind of boring. I knew that this episode wouldn't be great when they spent almost 10 minutes alone on Robert's weigh in for his fight.  Yusra has great hair.  Emily needs to have more variety in her handbag choices- it's always that red purse! I expected Emily to be much more explosive during that fight in the gym- she could've shattered a mirror with a medicine ball, thrown a water bottle at Shakib or something.  I'm ready for Kelly to surprise Matt's beard during her next teeth cleaning appointment! 

• Love 4

Thoughts:

• Robert is a total ass. Instead of saying to his mom "I told Kristy to meet me at the arena because she can't be in the same room as you." he let her think she was just running late or being unsupportive. He feeds into his mom’s poor opinion of his wife. He's an active participant in it. His wife needs to run.

• If a grandparent ever questioned the paternity of one of my kids that’d be the last time they’d ever see them.

• Uhh…Esther’s husband looks exactly like Ethan, and Ethan and his twin are both with women have long blond hair and are tall and thin like Esther. I can’t.🤮

• Emily is a moron for staying with Shekeb. Just saying.

• Lorenda would've had a whole fit if ole girl popped in on her and Tre's date for her birthday.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8

Boy, Kelly is one pushy bitch (like we didn't know that already). If she showed up at my work and started asking stupid questions I would tell her to get the fuck out! And someone please fix her hair-it looks like a messy bird's nest. Robert is just cringe-worthy, you can see him just get so scared when his wife mentions his ugly mother. Get the stupid DNA test, prove mean momma is wrong, then never ever let her see those kids again. Better yet, get rid of Robert and live your own life. I knew the mom was going to show up at the bachelorette party even though everyone told her not to.  Why did she have to find out where it was? The other girl must have blabbed to blonde Mommy on the plane. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

Boy, Kelly is one pushy bitch (like we didn't know that already). If she showed up at my work and started asking stupid questions I would tell her to get the fuck out! And someone please fix her hair-it looks like a messy bird's nest. Robert is just cringe-worthy, you can see him just get so scared when his wife mentions his ugly mother. Get the stupid DNA test, prove mean momma is wrong, then never ever let her see those kids again. Better yet, get rid of Robert and live your own life. I knew the mom was going to show up at the bachelorette party even though everyone told her not to.  Why did she have to find out where it was? The other girl must have blabbed to blonde Mommy on the plane. 

They shared an Uber & the friend was dropped off first so mom knew where they were.

• Love 2
(edited)

Robert continues to be an ass. He thinks it's "no big deal" that his mom wants a DNA test and is gaslighting Kristy by accusing her of being paranoid because she knows this won't be the end of his mom's outrageous behavior. He also insinuated it's Kristy's fault there are arguments, and that Kristy is being unreasonable. He and his mother are abhorrent. Kristy needs to leave this benighted dude and his detestable mother before they permanently damage her children.

Kelly continues to harass Matt's soon to bail girlfriend who isn't having any of it and lets Kelly know she's not about to be bullied around and has no intention of keeping Kelly's inquisition visit to the dental office a secret. Go, smart girlfriend!

Edited by renatae
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Are you going to tell him or am I?

he doesn't have to know

Oh he will know!!

I LIIIIIIIIVE for Matts new beard she is everything you would want in a Best friend 

Matt your mother wanting your new gf to hide something from you then telling you that she doesn’t like her .. umm you see that’s your mother manipulating you right? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

This mans daughter is gonna see this one day and see how her dad let his mom talk that way about HER mother and her paternity ... He should see WHY his daughters mother is ANGRY .. to have the nerve to try to talk down to her with the "so angry over this" and it’s not a big deal ... Its a big fucking deal dude you are letting your mother call her a whore and call your daughter illegitimate that's messed up 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4

Roberts mom is just a toxic bitch-and he just doesn't see it-or chooses not to. I am looking forward to Matt's new friend telling him about his mothers visit to her workplace. I think this girl is smart enough to not get too involved with him, like Kim did. Has anyone else noticed they never say Kim's name? They only refer to her as his "ex". Maybe she has a deal where if they do name her they have to pay her. God knows she deserves something for putting up with crazy Kelly for all that time!

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

Thoughts:

• I would hand that nasty MIL the paternity test results and tell her to never contact us again. That granddaughter doesn't need someone so toxic in her life. I also wanna crack Robert in his face (Nancy too) for Kimberly and Kristy. This shit is so hurtful.

• Kristy was 100% right when she said Robert was making light of the testing situation because he was feeling guilty for not putting a stop to it when his mom first brought it up. When he saw the words “alleged father” on there I think it finally clicked how disrespectful this allegation really was. I still don’t think he’s man enough to put that boundary down with his mother, though. Once Kristy gets those results she should kick him out and divorce him. He can go live with mama again.

• I kept thinking something was off with Tre wanting Lorenda around so much to clean and cook and then when he was talking with his friend the monster reared it’s ugly head. Laziness and misogyny. He knows how to cook and clean but that’s “FeMaLe stuff”.

• Debbie is the MVP. Loved the blunt “Nope. No. No nope no don’t go. It’s for them. If they wanted you there you would have been invited.” We all need our MILs to have a Debbie in their life.

• At least there was no Emily or Shekeb this episode.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Thoughts:

• I would hand that nasty MIL the paternity test results and tell her to never contact us again. That granddaughter doesn't need someone so toxic in her life. I also wanna crack Robert in his face (Nancy too) for Kimberly and Kristy. This shit is so hurtful.

• Kristy was 100% right when she said Robert was making light of the testing situation because he was feeling guilty for not putting a stop to it when his mom first brought it up. When he saw the words “alleged father” on there I think it finally clicked how disrespectful this allegation really was. I still don’t think he’s man enough to put that boundary down with his mother, though. Once Kristy gets those results she should kick him out and divorce him. He can go live with mama again.

• I kept thinking something was off with Tre wanting Lorenda around so much to clean and cook and then when he was talking with his friend the monster reared it’s ugly head. Laziness and misogyny. He knows how to cook and clean but that’s “FeMaLe stuff”.

• Debbie is the MVP. Loved the blunt “Nope. No. No nope no don’t go. It’s for them. If they wanted you there you would have been invited.” We all need our MILs to have a Debbie in their life.

• At least there was no Emily or Shekeb this episode.

Not that she listened to Debbie!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/25/2022 at 9:26 AM, Maisiesmom said:

And someone please fix her hair-it looks like a messy bird's nest.

NOooooooooooo....let Kelly look as bad as possible for as often/long as possible.  

On 7/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Emily needs to have more variety in her handbag choices- it's always that red purse!

It's her service animal.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Tre's mom's boxy white church suit made her look like a Clinique makeup rep!

I wish Kelly would've booked a teeth cleaning- it would've been reality tv gold to see Kelly asking hard hitting questions while Matt's beard used all of the machines and tools on her mouth to keep her from talking.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, Maisiesmom said:

Has anyone else noticed they never say Kim's name? They only refer to her as his "ex". Maybe she has a deal where if they do name her they have to pay her. God knows she deserves something for putting up with crazy Kelly for all that time!

I noticed that, too, and I think you’re correct about if they said Kim’s name, they would have to pay her. It was the same thing on 90 Day Fiancé when Usman never referred to his ex-wife, Lisa, by name or showed any photos of her, but anyone who had watched other seasons knew exactly who he was referring to. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I can't believe Matthew is taking it as gospel truth that his new girlfriend is a nasty person. He knows what his mom is like. I can hardly wait until he sees this episode and realizes how very odious his mother was with her interrogation. New girl was just standing up for herself. She does not have to lay down and let Kelly walk all over her. She deserves a standing ovation! I see he called her juvenile on an upcoming episode. Definitely doesn't deserve her.

I'm so happy Robert stood up to ddemonic Nancy finally. He appears to have genuinely seen the light and decided to put his family fist. He woke up and realized how destructive this nonsense is to his family, and especially his wife. I hope he keeps his resolve and doesn't hurt Kristy anymore.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 7
On 7/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, judylo said:

Not that she listened to Debbie!

Nancy should never be allowed to be around her granddaughters again.

But I'm not sure if she's a crackerjack actress or the meanest woman who ever lived.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Boy, Roberts mom and aunt are cut from the same vile cloth. And his punk-ass curly haired brother is just as bad. At least Kristy stood up for herself even though they were so mean and disrespectful towards her. She should take those kids and go. And the draaamaa of Emily on the horse. If she is so afraid of horses why go with Shakeeb to the place. Those horses were very calm and mellow. Somebody give her some acting lessons STAT! Then going on a date?(I never thought meeting for coffee was a date, guess I'm old). The young man seemed very nice-but Emily's soulmate is Shakeeb? Ugh. Why be stuck with someone who will just make you unhappy? And Matt and Kelly's "movie night"? Made me want to barf. I swear he acts more gay in every show. Just come out, Matt! Let Kelly find the "right" guy for you! Maybe another guy with Mommie issues and the 2 Moms could bond over their attached at the hip sons.

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

How is telling your son that his daughter probably isn't his NOT disrespectful?? is Roberts mother for real? Seriously IF someone did the same to her would she NOT be offended and DISRESPECTED? and the whole reason she did the DNA test was because of YOUR SON telling her to get it and it would shut you up now shes trying to filp it that if she was so sure she wouldn't have done it? is this woman fucking insane? 

I really want this to be fake cause those kids are gonna be the one getting the blow back from this if it is real 

• Applause 6
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I really want this to be fake cause those kids are gonna be the one getting the blow back from this if it is real 

Real or not, the kids will get a lot of "blowback" from other kids.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Real or not, the kids will get a lot of "blowback" from other kids.

what is she telling those kids if she is this free to talk this shit around anyone? does she treat them different? there is no way id leave my kids around her ever 

• Applause 5
1 hour ago, Maisiesmom said:

Then going on a date?(I never thought meeting for coffee was a date, guess I'm old).

I'm definitely OLD, but in my day, if someone called and asked me out for a Coke, or a drive, or a movie, they were all the same: A Date!  This was the 50s/60s, and usually I'd be picked me up at home.  Still...today I'd consider "meeting for coffee" a date--so better tell me ahead of time that it's NOT!

1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

what is she telling those kids if she is this free to talk this shit around anyone? does she treat them different? there is no way id leave my kids around her ever 

I was agreeing with you.  If she's spouting her crap everywhere, the kids WILL hear about it.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I was agreeing with you.  If she's spouting her crap everywhere, the kids WILL hear about it.

sorry I didn't mean for it to come across that way.. I was just asking what you thought IF she is doing that what is she doing around those kids shes horrible 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

sorry I didn't mean for it to come across that way.. I was just asking what you thought IF she is doing that what is she doing around those kids shes horrible

I agree.  When my husband dumped me and OUR two sons, he told several of his bar buddies that he'd have child support for only ONE of our kids...that the other one (age 9) wasn't his.  It was a LIE and there was never a reason to doubt his paternity...but some of those guys told their wives/girlfriends/special friends (even when they didn't believe him)...who told others, whose kids probably overheard.  My 9-yr old heard it at school!  So did his brother, age 11.

Kids will hear all the bad stuff said about them/their parents/their lives...SADLY.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4

Are we really supposed to believe that Kelly ambushed Brittany at the dental office where she works while bringing along a camera crew? And that Brittany was free to take her into an exam room and sit down for a chat (and her boss wouldn't mind?) Come on! 

• Applause 4
  • Love 3

Robert's doughy brother kept holding the sandwich up to his face like he was a fat ass rat feasting on lunch! And his doughy cadaver powder faced Mom looking like she ransacked a Piercing Pagoda kiosk with all of those chains around her neck and her horrible brick red MAC freebie lipstick smeared all over her guppy fish mouth. The whole family is comically unfortunate looking- whereas Robert must take after his father with his looks. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Robert's doughy brother kept holding the sandwich up to his face like he was a fat ass rat feasting on lunch! And his doughy cadaver powder faced Mom looking like she ransacked a Piercing Pagoda kiosk with all of those chains around her neck and her horrible brick red MAC freebie lipstick smeared all over her guppy fish mouth. The whole family is comically unfortunate looking- whereas Robert must take after his father with his looks. 

Hip-to-be-Square, Hilarious!!  The bolded descriptions make me almost want to start watching this series again.  Almost!  Vowed to never watch again...so far I've kept my promise.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Hip-to-be-Square, Hilarious!!  The bolded descriptions make me almost want to start watching this series again.  Almost!  Vowed to never watch again...so far I've kept my promise.

Thank you 😊!!  I wish I could quit this show- but it's an Animal Planet style special on toxic families with front row seats to their raw, trashy drag-down fights and I can't look away! Smothered is coming up soon and I will definitely watch that- I loved watching the Asian mom/daughter duo and the daughter's pelican necked, scraggly fiancé who's NOT divorced yet 😄.  I wish there were network crossover shows like Love after Lockup meets Amazing Race or I Love a Mama's Boy meets Naked and Afraid.  

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2022 at 2:29 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

How is telling your son that his daughter probably isn't his NOT disrespectful?? is Roberts mother for real? Seriously IF someone did the same to her would she NOT be offended and DISRESPECTED? and the whole reason she did the DNA test was because of YOUR SON telling her to get it and it would shut you up now shes trying to filp it that if she was so sure she wouldn't have done it? is this woman fucking insane? 

Thank you! Also Nancy: “If you leave Robert, I’m gonna beat her ass.” How. Old. Is. She?! I mean, come on!

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 3

OMG, y’all, Nancy’s whole family is awful. The evil mother, the bitchy brother, the nasty aunt, and I'm starting to dislike Robert most of all since he allows them to treat his wife terribly and never stands up for her. His whole family is truly ugly inside and out and while he may look a bit better on the outside than them - other than the smashed ears - he's pathetic and spineless.

Kristy could do so much better and find someone that treats her with love and respect instead of this fool who has clearly been punched in the head too many times. It's especially annoying how he acts like he's some innocent man caught in the middle of two fighting women who just wants peace, when the vile nasty behavior is 100% coming from his mom and her family.

There isnt even a reason to stay for the kids as she should never trust them with her daughters, especially the one they've decided unfairly isn’t his. You'd think hearing them talk about his child would have been a wakeup call even if he has no respect for his wife but nope.

A lot of this show may be fake but their hatred seems real. How do they not see how awful they are?!

This one deserves the beating she keeps claiming she is going to give Kristy!! I’d call the cops on her and get a restraining order if she showed up to my house everyday honking her horn like a nut!! I’m so glad Robert FINALLY realized how much of a problem his mother is and how much damage she is doing to his wife and marriage!!

Lorenda said that after her husband died is when she really started taking care of her son. She is doing what she used to do for her husband for her son in order to avoid the grieving she clearly hasn't done.

She's replaced her husband with her son and that's incredibly unhealthy! Her son is not her "man."

Emily is a really, really, truly terrible actress. I wonder if she thinks she’s really going to have some sort of career in Hollywood?F2E028D6-9CD8-43B2-998F-463E5105C97D.jpeg.3000086a42cdad7c7c1dd047586ae7a4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I just happened upon this show on repeats late this morning.  And.. OMG.  First off, that girl (Chrissy, I think - the one that is doing the paternity test?).  MOMMA JUST FU I would say.  And the mother of Tre (sp), Lorinda.. she can just F..k off too.  Just WOW.  Where are they getting these submissive women?  They're obviously from the US.  Blew my mind.  Then I took a nap.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
On 7/31/2022 at 9:24 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Noone will ever be right for Matthew. He won’t have a life until his mom is dead. Harsh but true.

He MAY not have one then!! He might be too far gone by the time she croaks off.  Somebody that heinous will live to be 150 years old!

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

He MAY not have one then!! He might be too far gone by the time she croaks off.  Somebody that heinous will live to be 150 years old!

I forgot about MATTHEW.  Going out on a limb and don't want hate.   But this guy is gay.  I can't believe the naive girlfriend.  Maybe it's because they're young.  I have gaydar (as most of you do).  He's gay.  So stop with this storyline.

• Applause 7
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Boston said:

I forgot about MATTHEW.  Going out on a limb and don't want hate.   But this guy is gay.  I can't believe the naive girlfriend.  Maybe it's because they're young.  I have gaydar (as most of you do).  He's gay.  So stop with this storyline.

And the way he lisps, "Thiz iz TOTALLY inappropriate!" **cringe** Any and all doubts should be erased at this point. 🥺

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 8/5/2022 at 9:54 PM, Boston said:

Exactly couldn’t they do the same thing with him and a guy? I mean I don’t think we would be as nice as his “pretend” girlfriends and maybe that’s why they don’t do it lol 

• Love 10