Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/19/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 19 – America Ferrera (“Not Done: Women Remaking America”)

Tuesday, Oct. 20 – Black Lives Matter Co-founder Alicia Garza (Author, “The Purpose of Power”)

Wednesday, Oct. 21 – The Political View with Dr. Jill Biden; Natalie Portman (“Natalie Portman's Fables”)

Thursday, Oct. 22 – The Political View with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

Friday, Oct. 23 – Leslie Jones (ABC’s “Supermarket Sweep”)

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Axie said:

What's going on with Sunny's nose?  It looks kind of weird.

Sunny's makeup is horrible today. She is beautiful and does not need all that contouring. Maybe this is the makeup that she got up really early to put on so he doesn't see her bare face. 

• Love 5

So happy Ana's husband is okay. I don't wish this virus on anyone. It must be so scary seeing your loved one struggle with it. A family member of mine just had to get tested, and luckily her test was negative. 

Sara is always right on when discussing covid. Bless her heart, you can see in her eyes she's struggling. I also battle depression, and the fall/winter does not help. And this year, all the things that help me be positive about fall/winter, the cold weather and shorter days, are no-nos. No Halloween, Thanksgiving, holiday parties, travel, nothing. She is right in that we're not on the battleground, just need to stay home. But it is definitely going to be a tougher holiday season. 

• Love 12

Interesting that Rush Limbaugh is a nice guy off camera. I'm not surprised, just didn't realize Joy interacted with him back in the day. I hear the same about others, like Sean Hannity. I believe in trying to see the good in people. But as Joy said, if someone is spreading hateful rhetoric, being friendly doesn't make the impact any less. In fact, it can be the reverse. "Well, if he's a nice guy and says this, must be true and okay for me to believe and say too!" I see this happen quite often. 

I love that Joy says brassiere. lol

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10

Ana was really moving today when she described her husband's bout with the rona. I had tears in my eyes and I am so happy that her husband is doing well, I can't imagine what she must have been feeling having to take care of her husband while keeping herself safe.  I loved how the ladies rallied around her giving her love and support. It was women coming together to support one another. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 19

I really felt for Ana.  My brother got the virus this past summer and stayed with me for about five weeks as he battled the virus and recovered.  He ended up staying in the hospital for a bit and results were he had pneumonia too.  He had a fever for over 15 days and had low oxygen levels (that's how he ended up in the hospital, not the 105 temperature!).  His case was considered mild  😯  It is infuriating after watching someone you care about go through this and there are people who still deny it!  Sorry I went off on a small rant and off-topic.

Back to today's show:

It seems that today there was less cross talking,  Even though there were still some pauses in between when someone responded or asked a question.  

I really like America Ferrera!  She seems so thoughtful when she speaks.  I think she really chooses her words carefully.  I hope to be able to see her documentary.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Ana was really moving today when she described her husband's bout with the rona. I had tears in my eyes and I am so happy that her husband is doing well, I can't imagine what she must have been feeling having to take care of her husband while keeping herself safe.  I loved how the ladies rallied around her giving her love and support. It was women coming together to support one another. 

Yes she really touched me too.  And it struck how flippin easy it is to get.  A relative of the landscaper who had chatted with Al.  That's it, all it took.  Its insidious.  I'm so glad you made it threw Al.  Get the antibodies but don't totally count on them, they don't last forever.

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So happy Ana's husband is okay. I don't wish this virus on anyone. It must be so scary seeing your loved one struggle with it. A family member of mine just had to get tested, and luckily her test was negative. 

Sara is always right on when discussing covid. Bless her heart, you can see in her eyes she's struggling. I also battle depression, and the fall/winter does not help. And this year, all the things that help me be positive about fall/winter, the cold weather and shorter days, are no-nos. No Halloween, Thanksgiving, holiday parties, travel, nothing. She is right in that we're not on the battleground, just need to stay home. But it is definitely going to be a tougher holiday season. 

It is going to be harder but not impossible.  Just have to be a lil more creative.  Where the hard comes in is the emotions.  That's going to suck bigtime.  But for presents, most places will ship where you want.  Some even wrap the gifts.  Dinner can be take out and brought home.  I'm sure there's streaming of a Christmas tree, probably playing carols. Like the log in the fireplace.  Connect via Facetime or whichever video you use.  Btw can you tell me a good one? I need a different one.  Mass can be heard on Eve.  Its a virtual Christmas.

• Love 7

OK, I'll say it -

How excited were you to know you can buy Oprah's favorite 'paint by number' paint set at half off today ? I jumped out of my seat and sang 'Happy Days Are Here Again', while holding my Oprah's favorite hairbrush as a microphone ! Whenever Adam Glassman showed those to the audience - for just $21 - I 'knew the drill' , and had to act fast.

Keeping my fingers crossed that pretty soon they will do a follow-up:  maybe Oprah's favorite velvet paintings of Elvis Presley ?

And to think I can wrap myself up in a hooded sweater (which looked like a bedspread) and cover my mouth with a -gasp!- fabric mask ! Does life get better than this?

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Yes she really touched me too.  And it struck how flippin easy it is to get.  A relative of the landscaper who had chatted with Al.  That's it, all it took.  Its insidious.  I'm so glad you made it threw Al.

How do you know that is was a relative of the landscaper?  I thought all Ana said was it was someone that worked at their house.                                       

She never talked about the landscaper, did she?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, OnTime said:

How do you know that is was a relative of the landscaper?  I thought all Ana said was it was someone that worked at their house.                                        She never talked about the landscaper, did she?

Hmm not sure now and can't go back to re-watch

44 minutes ago, OnTime said:

How do you know that is was a relative of the landscaper?  I thought all Ana said was it was someone that worked at their house.                                        She never talked about the landscaper, did she?

No. Ana didn’t say landscaper; she said someone who worked in their house and got it from their nephew. Just one person and it spread to 16 people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

OK, I'll say it -

How excited were you to know you can buy Oprah's favorite 'paint by number' paint set at half off today ? I jumped out of my seat and sang 'Happy Days Are Here Again', while holding my Oprah's favorite hairbrush as a microphone ! Whenever Adam Glassman showed those to the audience - for just $21 - I 'knew the drill' , and had to act fast.

Keeping my fingers crossed that pretty soon they will do a follow-up:  maybe Oprah's favorite velvet paintings of Elvis Presley ?

And to think I can wrap myself up in a hooded sweater (which looked like a bedspread) and cover my mouth with a -gasp!- fabric mask ! Does life get better than this?

Thanks for filling me in, Lets.  I was called away from the tv and didn't get to see the segment.  I felt something was missing from my life.

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Question...was that Sarah in the photo/selfie with fake Whoopie?  Didn’t look like her at all!

I would think even without wearing Macy's cosmetic counter on her face, she would have natural beauty. Boy, was I wrong. She looked like a cartoon character from 'The Simpsons' in her candid, no-make-up selfie.

21 hours ago, pinguina said:

I really felt for Ana.  My brother got the virus this past summer and stayed with me for about five weeks as he battled the virus and recovered.  He ended up staying in the hospital for a bit and results were he had pneumonia too.  He had a fever for over 15 days and had low oxygen levels (that's how he ended up in the hospital, not the 105 temperature!).  His case was considered mild  😯  It is infuriating after watching someone you care about go through this and there are people who still deny it!  Sorry I went off on a small rant and off-topic.

Back to today's show:

It seems that today there was less cross talking,  Even though there were still some pauses in between when someone responded or asked a question.  

I really like America Ferrera!  She seems so thoughtful when she speaks.  I think she really chooses her words carefully.  I hope to be able to see her documentary.

Wow my brother caught COVID this summer too! Fortunately he didn’t have to be hospitalized, but it knocked him on his butt for awhile. Our family was really concerned about him because he has a few other health conditions to deal with already, but thankfully he made a full recovery. I agree with you - it’s infuriating to see certain people play it down, especially when you know someone who actually went through it. I hope your brother is doing better. ♥️

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Alicia Garza missed a huge opportunity to explain -again- what “defund the police” means. She said people aren’t confused. Yes, yes they are because the term has been hijacked and maligned. 

Exactly! why not say reform the police....

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Thank you Joy for explaining that Jeffrey Toobin story.  I had not heard of it and thought that WG meant her did it while on Zoom with co workers.  It's a crazy story. Yeah why didn't they start screaming his name or text him, wow.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Thank you Joy for explaining that Jeffrey Toobin story.  I had not heard of it and thought that WG meant her did it while on Zoom with co workers.  It's a crazy story. Yeah why didn't they start screaming his name or text him, wow.

It’s a crazy story indeed. No matter how comfortable I am working from home, I make sure I look professional and presentable on Zoom calls. Even if I know the video is off and the sound is muted, I’m on my best behavior. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

How can Sunny blame the pandemic for Jeffrey Toobin's behavior?

Sara need's to grow up! She has rehearsed answers for everything else. Was her teleprompter not working??

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

It’s a crazy story indeed. No matter how comfortable I am working from home, I make sure I look professional and presentable on Zoom calls. Even if I know the video is off and the sound is muted, I’m on my best behavior. 

He could not wait?? Sara loosing it was funny after I understood the context😆

I agree, last spring when we were doing zoom with my sons teachers, OT and Speech Therapy,  I was very aware of the camera as soon as I opened the laptop.  Even if i couldn't  see them yet. So I made sure to give my son the "you better act right." Talk before i opened anything up.😁

• Love 10

Very nice that Sunny spotlighted that 17 year old's charity for her 'birthday'. She gave him a lot of exposure on TV, and mentioned to him that she was doing it for her birthday.

It's too bad that no one had a talk with him before going on, to tell him to wish Sunny a Happy Birthday at the end of the segment. That's why she gave him this $30K donation from Bed, Bath and Beyond (and yes, this was another disguised infomercial at the end of the show).

• Love 3

I think Alicia Garza did well in explaining - defend the police. She gave her home town as an example. I think she said that 40% of the general budget goes to the police. That police have department just for the school district. Kids at those schools have to share school books instead of everyone getting their own school books. There aren't full service grocery stores on some communities. Having tent cities because there isn't adequate access to health care and hospitals.

I hadn't heard about Jeffrey Toobin so I was confused for the majority of their discussion about it. Thank you Joy for finally explaining part of it. They really should have Whoopi explain stories a little bit more. The vice article I just read mentioned the he pointed the camera down... so I don't know how accidental it actually was.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, falltime said:

The vice article I just read mentioned the he pointed the camera down... so I don't know how accidental it actually was.

I read on social media that he likely had two Zoom meetings going on, one was with his co-workers, the other with someone else he was basically sexting with. The accident was he didn't realize that he hadn't exited the other meeting.

But yeah, if he pointed the camera down, it was meant to be seen by someone.

So completely stupid for someone of his professional background. Well, for anyone.

I know Sunny is friends with Toobin but her serious presentation of him possibly having some sort of addiction or other pandemic related mental problem was a bit much. I think the other co-hosts reactions are probably more appropriate. It's definitely joke-worthy. And they would have joked about it if it was anyone else. So I was okay with Joy and Sara's reaction. Sara did seem to be genuinely losing it, which was unfortunate since Sunny was keeping a serious and sombre expression.

#metoobin is trending.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

I wonder who decides the topics for the show?  The Toobin discussion seemed more appropriate for TMZ or an SNL mock news segment.  There is so much going on currently that would be of more value/thought provoking than giving oxygen to  National Enquirer type gossip.  Just my View!

• Love 4

Was Sunny wearing a pajama top?  

Regarding Jeffrey Toobin, to quote Joy so what who cares?  Was it gross? Yes. Did he do it intentionally? As far as we know no.  I'm much more concerned about the men who expose themselves to people on purpose.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Was Sunny wearing a pajama top?  

Regarding Jeffrey Toobin, to quote Joy so what who cares?  Was it gross? Yes. Did he do it intentionally? As far as we know no.  I'm much more concerned about the men who expose themselves to people on purpose.

Same here, I am surprised this is even a topic.. It was a glitch and he obviously made a mistake, I don't get a perv vibe from him. Sarah losing her shit had me laughing.. It was so good to see her laugh since we don't get genuine moments of levity anymore on this show..  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here, I am surprised this is even a topic.. It was a glitch and he obviously made a mistake, I don't get a perv vibe from him. Sarah losing her shit had me laughing.. It was so good to see her laugh since we don't get genuine moments of levity anymore on this show..  

I get a very strong perv vibe from him.

https://jezebel.com/jeffrey-toobin-was-allegedly-sexually-inappropriate-lon-1845426522

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mldyold said:

I wonder who decides the topics for the show?  The Toobin discussion seemed more appropriate for TMZ or an SNL mock news segment.  There is so much going on currently that would be of more value/thought provoking than giving oxygen to  National Enquirer type gossip.  Just my View!

Tbh, I liked that they included something lighter.  The past 4 years of solid politics are taking its toll.  That said, I’ve felt like the past weeks without MM have made the political discussions more palatable.  I hope they eventually return to adding lighter subjects in the shows.  If I want an hour of serious political talk, there are many many shows I can watch with actual experts.  That’s not why I watch the view.  

• Love 13

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet, but does the modern technology make anyone else nervous sometimes? I try to put screens down before changing and things like that just to be safe. It’s amazing how nonchalant some people are. Even sexy selfies make me nervous. I’m always scared I’ll send them to the wrong person. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet, but does the modern technology make anyone else nervous sometimes? I try to put screens down before changing and things like that just to be safe. It’s amazing how nonchalant some people are. Even sexy selfies make me nervous. I’m always scared I’ll send them to the wrong person. 

I am super paranoid and and even if I mute and turn off my camera, I stick a post-it over the camera. And not because I am toobining! I just want to appear very professional.

• Love 10

I count myself lucky that I had a super super mild case (stuffy nose and sleeping 12 hours 2 nights in a row)...especially hearing what Ana had to go through.

I'm curious why Sara and family couldn't migrate from NYC to a sunnier place since that helped with mine (though I do miss winter).  I think if you must travel...Quarantine 2 weeks before you go...and 2 weeks after getting back (for those that can work from home).

I keep my shades closed, my web cam disabled, even keep my lights low..all I can do in tech heavy times.

With that said, I love Sara and Ana being on.  Can Meghan and Joy leave please?

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

I am super paranoid and and even if I mute and turn off my camera, I stick a post-it over the camera. And not because I am toobining! I just want to appear very professional.

Ditto. I can be a slob at home. My coworkers don’t need to know. Lol 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

YES.  I recently had to have a new thermostat installed, and he gets to the part 'heres where it gets online blah blah blah i stopped him right there. I told him i dont want it to be getting online lol.  Dam smart everythings.  What do they care what my temp is set as?  Ive been covering my cameras for years.  Ever since Zuckerberg admitted to doing that for his own personal stuff.  Good enough for me heh.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Ok listening to that clip, about 26 seconds in she says 'employee in her house' and that it was her nephew.  I had that wrong too thinking it was said employee's nephew. 

She said he got it from an employee in her house who got it from a nephew.

• Love 4

How long was the zoom meeting Toobin was on?  Days?  Weeks? The man is 60 years old.  He couldn’t wait?  (Duh.  Obviously not)  I guess I’m old school, but, somehow I always thought masturbation and working shouldn’t mix.  Plus, I never had a job I wouldn’t have been fired from instantly if I was caught doing it while there.  Much less on camera.

• Love 8
On 10/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, LetsStartTalking said:

OK, I'll say it -

That there is the funniest thing I’ve read in days. Throw in a last super oil and were good to go.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Tbh, I liked that they included something lighter.  The past 4 years of solid politics are taking its toll.  That said, I’ve felt like the past weeks without MM have made the political discussions more palatable.  I hope they eventually return to adding lighter subjects in the shows.  If I want an hour of serious political talk, there are many many shows I can watch with actual experts.  That’s not why I watch the view.  

A famous person getting caught masturbating on a zoom call being a lighter topic than politics tells the current sad state of our country.

14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I always assume someone is watching or listening to me.  It's scary but unfortunately the genie was let out of the bottle once people started having smart phones attached to their hands.  Back in the day you had to boot up your computer, wait for it to connect and then surf the net. When  you were done you turned it off and it disconnected.  But now devices are on 24/7 and even if  you aren't  using it it is probably using you.

17 hours ago, OnTime said:

I just recently found out about the son from an extramarital affair which Ok things happen but he initially denied paternity until a DNA test proved him to be the father.  And now swingers clubs?  Maybe Sunny is right.  He does have a very serious problem.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 11