Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E25: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Elyse...Heather McDonald interviewed her again for a segment on her Juicy Scoop podcast this past Thursday.  I was not impressed.  Elyse was talking about that Cameo video with her and Leah when Leah jumped in to say something about Ramona having bowel movements during sex. Elyse totally lost me when she admitted it was totally made up but that she decided to submit it anyway

This is just about as bad as Brandi's comment about Joanna Krupa. What a bitch Elyse is.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

Because of the way she was laughing at Leah?  I don't know. I don't know her mother's actual reason for that.  I imagine if I had a child nearing 40 who had a history of acting out or demanding attention I would probably choose to laugh at some point instead of yet again trying to react in a more constructive but fruitless manner.  I mean, c'mon, a 37 year old woman having a meltdown over the prospect of her father being unable to walk her down the aisle at a hypothetical wedding ceremony?  Now she's deciding to act like a 17 year old with a hope chest living and planning for the day of her big traditional wedding? Is this all an audition for "Keeping up with the McSweeneys"?  

It wasn’t the laughing, it is how she interacts with her and how she looks at her. That woman is cold. I’m sure that she’s tired of Leah’s antics and those close to people with Bipolar disorder are greatly impacted and are themselves depleted. But, the way her mother interacts with her leads to me to believe that there is more to the story. I’d venture to guess that she was a cold and distant parent while Leah was growing up.

2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I like Leah's mother, but she doesn't seem to listen to Leah or acknowledge her emotional needs. I have a mother who is similar (actually, both parents) so I get it. I cut Leah a bit of slack for her immature behavior because of this.

There's a reason she rebelled as a teen and I feel she's just now working some of that out.  I think Oprah said something a long time ago about run-aways...there is a reason they run away, and it's important to address that reason. I think this concept can be applied to drug/alcohol abuse by young people. Something is making them want to check out from daily life.

For Leah, it seems something made her go berserk as a teen and I'm not sure the parents acknowledge their involvement - or maybe that will come up in Season 2, somehow. She definitely has unresolved issues with her mom, though.

This. Agree.

• Love 6
On 10/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, Silver Bells said:

What’s with Leah’s Necklace?  I hate the way she she blames her poor Mother for everything that has gone wrong in her life.  Look to your choices.

I agree.  She looked like a 7th grade goth girl starved for attention.  And also very, very unattractive.  I thought she looked beautiful at the reunion, although I wish she owned a fancy dress that was not actually a swimsuit coverup.  But her hair and face were beautiful.  I don't know what she is thinking with this look but I bet she embarrassed the generation above her and the generation below her in her family.  Not classy, sexy, or pretty.  Her mother is right to question her judgment, because this look showed that she has none.  

• Love 11

Definitely some fun moments and some lame moments here. But was not impressed with Leah’s statement that she knows what she needs to do to get men to do her bidding via her looks or whatever. I thought she was suppose to be a #BossLady? I don’t pretend to be Ms Entrepreneur 2020 but I also wouldn’t use manipulative means to get what I want out of a man. Maybe she was kidding, I don’t know, but anyway I wasn’t impressed.

• Love 6
On 10/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, Jextella said:

I want fun, levity, and a smidge of drama. NYC delivers the best for me in this regard even though there are exceptions, e.g. Dorinda hating on Tinsley so badly this season.

I don't often rewatch Bravo shows because there is generally too much fighting across the board for my tastes, but I'll rewatch this episode of RHONY Secrets Revealed because it is FUN and light and it's just what I need right now.

I agree with you.  We need much more scenes of the City, the Hamptons, clothing stores, market places, nice restaurants, go into interesting places in N.Y. like the museums, Chinatown, everywhere, if they are allowed.  Enough of getting smashed, fighting, etc.  Trips to the Cape, Newport, upstate, camping and wineries.  Pretty and nice places, instead of bars all the time.  They even filmed in Montauk where Bethenny met Jason and were dancing the night she hooked him.  I also liked when they went to Palm beach on the yacht when LuAnn was going with Tom.  How about a trip to Europe too?  Like BH.  I think Bravo can afford it.  Like a travel channel.  No more screaming.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 11
59 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Definitely some fun moments and some lame moments here. But was not impressed with Leah’s statement that she knows what she needs to do to get men to do her bidding via her looks or whatever. I thought she was suppose to be a #BossLady? I don’t pretend to be Ms Entrepreneur 2020 but I also wouldn’t use manipulative means to get what I want out of a man. Maybe she was kidding, I don’t know, but anyway I wasn’t impressed.

Who would want a woman like Leah for a wife?  Rob didn’t, and they share a child.  Can you see her cooking and cleaning?  Very immature.  Who wears a collar that says SEX?   She’s just looking for trouble.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Who would want a woman like Leah for a wife?  Rob didn’t, and they share a child.  Can you see her cooking and cleaning?  Very immature.  Who wears a collar that says SEX?   She’s just looking for trouble.

Wife does not (and should not) automatically mean someone who will be doing the cooking and cleaning. Just because we don’t see Leah as a wife in the “traditional” sense doesn’t mean that she’s destined to be unhitched the rest of her life. She has more problematic issues that impact her relationships than not being one to cook or clean.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Wife does not (and should not) automatically mean someone who will be doing the cooking and cleaning. Just because we don’t see Leah as a wife in the “traditional” sense doesn’t mean that she’s destined to be unhitched the rest of her life. She has more problematic issues that impact her relationships than not being one to cook or clean.

I think everyone gets what I mean.  

• Love 12
On 10/2/2020 at 5:46 PM, jaybird2 said:

i enjoyed this more than the season....much more entertaining!!!

Me too.  They cut out the drama, crying and fighting.  After watching all the previous seasons, it is so obvious that Dorinda got the most air time .. too much of Bethenny always crying and sniffling about something, and too much kissing and phony hugging every minute when in reality, they couldn’t stand one another.  Still,it’s my favorite.  Actually, I should say “probably” they couldn’t stand one another, just to be clear. I know some of them are friends off screen.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
On 10/3/2020 at 10:06 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

As for this episode- it highlighted to me just how toxic Leah’s mother is. That woman is problematic.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, ichbin said:

Because of the way she was laughing at Leah?  I don't know. I don't know her mother's actual reason for that.  I imagine if I had a child nearing 40 who had a history of acting out or demanding attention I would probably choose to laugh at some point instead of yet again trying to react in a more constructive but fruitless manner.  I mean, c'mon, a 37 year old woman having a meltdown over the prospect of her father being unable to walk her down the aisle at a hypothetical wedding ceremony?  Now she's deciding to act like a 17 year old with a hope chest living and planning for the day of her big traditional wedding? Is this all an audition for "Keeping up with the McSweeneys"?  

While I agree that Leah whining (fake crying even) about her non-wedding was ridiculous Bunny's reaction hit a nerve with me.  I had a mother who used to discount my feelings always.   She did her best to undermine my confidence at every turn.   That said, by 37 I had long learned that was about her and not about me and had stopped looking to her for validation of any kind.    Leah is long past when she needed to grow up.  A good therapist can help her more than frustrating interactions with her mom.

Edited by Cosmocrush
Don't underestimate what some pro therapy can accomplish.
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

While I agree that Leah whining (fake crying even) about her non-wedding was ridiculous Bunny's reaction hit a nerve with me.  I had a mother who used to discount my feelings always.   She did her best to undermine my confidence at every turn.   That said, by 37 I had long learned that was about her and not about me and had stopped looking to her for validation of any kind.    Leah is long past when she needed to grow up.  A good therapist can help her more than frustrating interactions with her mom.

Same here.  Never a kind word from my Mother.  I had to figure out and do everything by myself.  She was busy working full time, and we just got the basics.  I understood that she was unhappy with her life and took it out on everybody.  Instead of letting it affect me and lashing out, I went forward with school, a job, got married, and moved away.  Parents are who they are.  Leah should buck up, concentrate on her daughter and her business. Not everyone has it rosy and a good life handed to them.  Some people were orphans, but went to school and became CEO’s.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I really fail to see how Leah somehow cries out for attention more than anyone else in the cast.

Oh I dunno...maybe it was the SEX choker and gloved neon orange Deelite costume in her confessionals...maybe it was the multiple drunken freak outs and naked tiki torch-tossing...maybe it was the dry-hump train she started at Ramona’s party, making out with Tinsley or even their WAP TikTok dance she later orchestrated...maybe it was the angry ravioli toss?!
And I say all this as someone who really enjoyed watching Leah. She made me laugh and I found her style refreshing, especially around these tired broads; she brought that HollaHeather-style energy that I’ve missed.

But I also fully acknowledge that Leah is thirsty AF. She went above and beyond her rookie call of duty; though in a weird way, I still found her dehydrated antics oddly endearing.
Let’s just hope it doesn’t go to her head and she comes back next season being obnoxiously smug and extra for the expectation of being extra. Lest we forget how different Sonja was in her earlier seasons compared to the hot mess she gradually has become; sometimes it’s best to come out of the gate a bit more gracefully.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

maybe it was the SEX choker and gloved neon orange Deelite costume in her confessionals...maybe it was the multiple drunken freak outs and naked tiki torch-tossing...maybe it was the dry-hump train she started at Ramona’s party, making out with Tinsley or even their WAP TikTok dance she later orchestrated...maybe it was the angry ravioli toss?!

-shrug-  I think you can make this list with any member of the franchise.  How much MY PUSSY MY PUSSY has Sonja screeched out in public, and how many mirrors did Leah stomp on top of?  How many blowjob tips did Ramona give over drinks with her daughters?  Or Rinna? Can we even get into Bev Hills and Atlanta on this list? 

I mean, Leah was new and young and brash, but as far as I've seen, her behavior was simply on brand for Bravo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2020 at 3:15 PM, Happy Camper said:

This is just about as bad as Brandi's comment about Joanna Krupa. What a bitch Elyse is.

What Elyse - and Leah by extension - did was HORRIBLE, and I agree that it is just about as bad as Brandi's comment about Joanna Krupa. 

Elyse is weird to me.  I really like her on social media, and I listened to her on the Kiki & Kibbitz podcast, and I liked her on that as well. 

However, I feel something isn't adding up with her.  During the podcast, she said Ramona tried reaching out to her to explain what happened, but she refused to talk to her because she was so upset. Now she's on an "I don't know what happened tour" after admitting that she had an opportunity to figure things out yet didn't pursue it. It almost makes me think she knows exactly what happened - whatever "it" was.

Also, she was cut out of the show fast and thoroughly. She said that after Ramona ran off at Leah’s party, she was de-mic'd and wasn’t invited to anything after that.  She also said she was invited on WWHL at one point, but the invitation was rescinded.

I think Elyse is SMART and tried to finagle her way in to the group in a deeper way than just being Ramona’s sidekick, but the others saw through her. I think Ramona labeling her a “friend-jumper” was spot on, but I think there may have been even more to it that we didn’t see.

She says she is still friends with Leah and Dorinda. I'm not sure I buy the latter because Dorinda didn't seem fond of her during the show. I feel she genuinely likes Leah, but I sense her friendship with Dorinda is mostly a PR move.

It's all very weird.

Meanwhile, I still like her!  She's smart and articulate and a pleasure to listen to - on the podcasts anyway. I just think she's not being fully forthright.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

And, with this episode, I'm out until the next season is presented.  I don't need to see continuous revisits of stuff I've already seen with a hint of 'previously unseen footage'.  If it was that good, then add an episode to the season next time and show it to us in context.

See you all next time!!!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

What Elyse - and Leah by extension - did was HORRIBLE, and I agree that it is just about as bad as Brandi's comment about Joanna Krupa. 

Elyse is weird to me.  I really like her on social media, and I listened to her on the Kiki & Kibbitz podcast, and I liked her on that as well. 

However, I feel something isn't adding up with her.  During the podcast, she said Ramona tried reaching out to her to explain what happened, but she refused to talk to her because she was so upset. Now she's on an "I don't know what happened tour" but she had openly admitted that she had an opportunity to figure things out yet declined it.

Also, she was cut out of the show fast and thoroughly. She said that after Ramona ran off at Leah’s party, she was de-mic'd) and wasn’t invited to anything after that.  She also said she was invited on WWHL at one point, but the invitation was rescinded.

I think Elyse is SMART and tried to finagle her way in to the group in a deeper way than just being Ramona’s sidekick, but the others saw through her. I think Ramona labeling her a “friend-jumper” was spot on, but I think there was even more to it that we didn’t see.

She says she is still friends with Leah and Dorinda. I'm not sure I buy the latter because Dorinda didn't seem fond of her during the show. I feel she genuinely likes Leah, but I sense her friendship with Dorinda is mostly a PR move.

It's all very weird.

Meanwhile, I still like her!  She's smart and articulate and a pleasure to listen to - on the podcasts anyway.

What did Elise say or do that everyone’s mad at her? I don’t get it.   Oh, I just read up thread that it was something to do with Ramona and a bowel movement during sex?  O.k.  Yikes!  And Elise repeated that?  I would be mad too.  Plus, why would ditzy Ramona reveal that to anyone if true?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3

This might be old news but, I just read somewhere that Bethenny and Dorinda are doing a new something together?  They don’t say what.  Yet.  She had very high praise for Dorinda.  Did she not watch the show all season?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, Silver Bells said:

This might be old news but, I just read somewhere that Bethenny and Dorinda are doing a new something together?  They don’t say what.  Yet.  She had very high praise for Dorinda.  Did she not watch the show all season?

Dorinda was a guest on Bethenny's podcast, Just B. It's the episode with Paris Hilton. I think Dorinda is the first 10 or 15 minutes.

I said that Tinsley was very lucky that Luann decided to be an unstable asshole for season 11 because it was very clear that Bethenny's sights were aimed at Tinsley at the end of the season 10 reunion. I think Ramona was correct that Bethenny was busy filling Dorinda with poison and invective about Tinsley for all of season 12. Bethenny is a toxic person and Dorinda is too drunk and angry to notice that she was being used as Bethenny's attack dog. The only person who has any real reason to be angry at Tinsley is Sonja and that's largely bullshit. Tinsley isn't completely candid and transparent about her life; neither are the rest of these assholes. They all adopted this hatred of Tinsley that's been ginned up out of nothing by the SkinnySwill Maven.

The only reason that Bethenny is out being Team Dorinda is because the quarantine put a crimp in her plans for her HBO Max shows and she thought she'd have a lot more done with those by this time. Talking about RHONY, Dorinda, and Tinsley is just a way for Bethenny to stay relevant.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

The only reason that Bethenny is out being Team Dorinda is because the quarantine put a crimp in her plans for her HBO Max shows and she thought she'd have a lot more done with those by this time. Talking about RHONY, Dorinda, and Tinsley is just a way for Bethenny to stay relevant.

I didn't listen to the podcast but did catch this snippet:

https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/1195151/dorinda-medley-opens-up-about-her-rhony-exit-for-the-first-time

Dorinda mentions that prior to Bethenny quitting, she was hoping that this season she and Bethenny would be the "Powerful Couple." I have no doubt that means that they would be teaming up against Tinsley. When Bethenny left, she was definitely coaching Dorinda to go after Tinsley for several reasons. She hates Tinsley. She wanted to be indirectly in control of the season's narrative. She can't stand not being involved. Meanwhile pretending like she was above it all and supposedly not watching. You can bet she was curled up in her pajamas with her skinnygirl popcorn and skinnygirl vodka every Thursday night, 9 pm sharp. Probably texting with Dorinda like mad, chuckling like a fiend and sending her high five emojis.

Last week, Bethenny was high as a kite (manic) in the media and on social media bragging about her podcast being in the top ten on podcasts charts , even "beating" Hilary Clinton. What she didn't realize, or maybe her assistants didn't let on to her, was that many new podcasts by anyone with a name jump to the top ten because of new subscribers, then drop off quickly into oblivion. She's now dropped down to # 32 and will soon disappear, even after having guest Paris Hilton and I expect Andy Cohen soon. 

@HunterHunted You are correct that she has become desperate to remain relevant now that her new show has been postponed due to Covid. The likes and responses on her Twitter have been very minimal, between 20-30 something likes and a handful of comments. She's mostly retweeting props from her fans. We can likely expect her to tweet out something controversial real soon to draw attention to herself.

I feel sorry for her assistants as I'm sure that she just sends them endless texts saying "DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO BUT MAKE ME HAPPEN!!!!"

I doubt that the "food dispute" show that she was pushing will ever be mentioned again. If by chance it does, it will tank faster than the time it took me to post this.

I wish the "Secrets Revealed" episode had included Ramona having accidentally discovered and revealed texts between Dorinda and Bethenny. Now that would have been worth watching. 🤦‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 10/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, Happy Camper said:

I didn't listen to the podcast but did catch this snippet:

https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/1195151/dorinda-medley-opens-up-about-her-rhony-exit-for-the-first-time

Dorinda mentions that prior to Bethenny quitting, she was hoping that this season she and Bethenny would be the "Powerful Couple." I have no doubt that means that they would be teaming up against Tinsley. When Bethenny left, she was definitely coaching Dorinda to go after Tinsley for several reasons. She hates Tinsley. She wanted to be indirectly in control of the season's narrative. She can't stand not being involved. Meanwhile pretending like she was above it all and supposedly not watching. You can bet she was curled up in her pajamas with her skinnygirl popcorn and skinnygirl vodka every Thursday night, 9 pm sharp. Probably texting with Dorinda like mad, chuckling like a fiend and sending her high five emojis.

Last week, Bethenny was high as a kite (manic) in the media and on social media bragging about her podcast being in the top ten on podcasts charts , even "beating" Hilary Clinton. What she didn't realize, or maybe her assistants didn't let on to her, was that many new podcasts by anyone with a name jump to the top ten because of new subscribers, then drop off quickly into oblivion. She's now dropped down to # 32 and will soon disappear, even after having guest Paris Hilton and I expect Andy Cohen soon. 

@HunterHunted You are correct that she has become desperate to remain relevant now that her new show has been postponed due to Covid. The likes and responses on her Twitter have been very minimal, between 20-30 something likes and a handful of comments. She's mostly retweeting props from her fans. We can likely expect her to tweet out something controversial real soon to draw attention to herself.

I feel sorry for her assistants as I'm sure that she just sends them endless texts saying "DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO BUT MAKE ME HAPPEN!!!!"

I doubt that the "food dispute" show that she was pushing will ever be mentioned again. If by chance it does, it will tank faster than the time it took me to post this.

I wish the "Secrets Revealed" episode had included Ramona having accidentally discovered and revealed texts between Dorinda and Bethenny. Now that would have been worth watching. 🤦‍♀️

“If you’re not waitressing and getting paid, you’re not waitressing.” What does that mean, and how does it relate to what’s going on with Dorinda?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“If you’re not waitressing and getting paid, you’re not waitressing.” What does that mean, and how does it relate to what’s going on with Dorinda?

It means poor me, I never wanted to leave and was planning on being nicer next season.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, Happy Camper said:

Very interesting.  I really appreciate everyone sharing all of this info!  I'm obsessed with Letterboxd, and every new movie is rated a "5" by everyone when it comes out!  Then things eventually even out and the movie goes down to a 3 or even a 2 😉

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, HunterHunted said:

Dorinda was a guest on Bethenny's podcast, Just B. It's the episode with Paris Hilton. I think Dorinda is the first 10 or 15 minutes.

I said that Tinsley was very lucky that Luann decided to be an unstable asshole for season 11 because it was very clear that Bethenny's sights were aimed at Tinsley at the end of the season 10 reunion. I think Ramona was correct that Bethenny was busy filling Dorinda with poison and invective about Tinsley for all of season 12. Bethenny is a toxic person and Dorinda is too drunk and angry to notice that she was being used as Bethenny's attack dog. The only person who has any real reason to be angry at Tinsley is Sonja and that's largely bullshit. Tinsley isn't completely candid and transparent about her life; neither are the rest of these assholes. They all adopted this hatred of Tinsley that's been ginned up out of nothing by the SkinnySwill Maven.

Yes to everything, and thanks for all the info. 😀

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Very interesting.  I really appreciate everyone sharing all of this info!  I'm obsessed with Letterboxd, and every new movie is rated a "5" by everyone when it comes out!  Then things eventually even out and the movie goes down to a 3 or even a 2 😉

And I know diddly squat what the hell a podcast is, and I’m sure being a senior there are many more like me who aren’t familiar.  I have to admit, I was an avid Bethenny fan, but after watching all the previous seasons, I’ve come to realize it’s always hers or the highway.  She is always right ( in her mind) and constantly has to be in the limelight.  It’s one thing after another.  She was on every show regarding her podcast.  I don’t get where she gets all the energy.  Plus, and I shouldn’t say this, but I believe Jason.  I think he really tried, but I don’t think she should be married to anyone.  She is not marriage material if she has to be right and have her way all of the time.  I know, this has nothing to do with her podcast .. I’m just rambling.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Why shouldn't you say that you believe Jason? I have pretty much felt this way. Betheny is a user. She used Jason got what she wanted and then tossed him aside. Her only mistake was thinking that she could get rid of him not only out of her life but out of Bryn's life.  She should have used a sperm donor.  Oh and I agree she used Dorinda  and Sonja to do her dirty work with Tinsley. She used Alex to do her dirty work with Jill. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Why shouldn't you say that you believe Jason? I have pretty much felt this way. Betheny is a user. She used Jason got what she wanted and then tossed him aside. Her only mistake was thinking that she could get rid of him not only out of her life but out of Bryn's life.  She should have used a sperm donor.  Oh and I agree she used Dorinda  and Sonja to do her dirty work with Tinsley. She used Alex to do her dirty work with Jill. 

In the beginning, I said I was team Jason and got crushed what a bad guy he was.  He tolerated all the assistants in the small apartment, tried to give her some resemblance of family in Pennsylvania with his nice parents, but she wouldn’t have it.  She insulted the town, which was in poor taste.  He helped her in Canada when she was making Skinny Girl.  He tolerated her, then he was the bad guy?  Now, he’s giving her a hard time with the divorce.  I don’t blame him one bit.  I just hope Brynn is as close to him as with Bethenny.  I still would Love to hear her Mothers side.  Why I wonder  didn’t she write a book yet?  Is she being paid off?

• Love 7

I'm so late to the party, I didn't even know this episode was coming.  I read something online about it last week and when I checked, saw I had one last episode to watch.

Let me just start by saying Sonja has been so cringe the last couple of seasons -- the clips of Sonja derping out were almost sad.  Almost everything she does is calculated to grab the spotlight, from showing her bare ass to drooling over random men in her vicinity to hiding under a table in a restaurant she's just so embarrassing and mostly not funny at all anymore.  

I think how eggs are cooked and served is one of those things that most people are pretty particular about.  Tinsley was brave to have even tasted those anemic looking "scrambled" eggs - did Dorinda dish them up with an ice cream scoop?  And I couldn't figure out what that was that on the side?  Cherry tomatoes and something else?  Whatever it was, the whole plate looked gross (Hannah's favorite, my ass!) and I would have tossed the whole thing in the garbage.  At least Luann's looked like you'd expect scrambled eggs to look.  Those two are so self centered, I suspect that since both pride themselves on their fantastic cooking, probably neither one of them can cook a lick.

I so agree about Leah's latest bizarre lewk.  The make-up, the hair, the choker all just way too attention-seeking.  Of course she has to make a big point to look edgy by wearing "sex" in big sparkly letters across her neck.  Maybe it's because she isn't getting any -- isn't that what they say?  The ones who talk about it the most are the ones getting it the least.

Richard should have his own tag line -- I swear I haven't heard one episode where Dorinda hasn't mentioned Richard.  She's so pathetic making everyone shout Happy Birthday to Richard.  She's so far off her rocker.  I'm glad the guy asked who's Richard.  Sonja saying her eyes were rolling at Ramona's drink order -- but the true eye roll is the extent to which Dorinda goes to dwell on everything Richard.   She behaves literally as if she must worship him.

I did finally get a good laugh with everyone else in Leah's family at her absurd display -- at first I thought she was joking around.   Crying because she's "never going to be walked down an aisle, Mom, it's not funny" as she stomps around the room.  Oh yeah, chick is so edgy and chill.  I'm liking Bunny more and more now that I see she has Leah's number and isn't swayed by her antics.  The only one who wasn't laughing at her was Sarah's baby.  

Martin certainly pegged Leah's immaturity in about two seconds.  Dorinda in her baby pink lipstick and garish patterns - ugh!

I love Lu and normally she looks put together, but that star necklace and red dress with cutout shoulders that makes her boobs look like pancakes -- burn those things!!

Oh Leah, in your dreams you manipulate men to get what you want.  I'll bet money that hasn't happened in the last 20 years.  I thought her black short sleeve turtleneck was her best TH look.  Dorinda -- you have NO room to talk about anyone's fashion choices.

So it was Sonja's eighth season when she started looking like a bag lady.  I have to say she looks good in her TH in this episode, but it looks like it was after her facelift.  Maybe that's why her face looked so swelled up and weird in some of the scenes she was in -- her facelift before all the swelling went down.  Showing Sonja at the reunion she looked awful with her puffy face and too short unflattering bob.

I was glad they showed some footage from years ago -- it's always interesting to see how much time changes everyone.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 9
On 10/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, Silver Bells said:

They all know she’s a nut job, and did she have to drop that bomb about Rob?  She wishes he would marry her, but he’s smart.  Really, what did she bring to the show?  I’d rather watch the regulars as I could relate.  Leah acts like a child.

Hell, according to Leah they were together for 6 years -- he knows her.  Plus her admitting the thrill is gone for both of them illustrates perfectly why he always seems to keep her at arm's length.  I'd bet money he has a relationship that he's keeping hush-hush around her.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:48 AM, 65mickey said:

I don't find Leah funny, charming or interesting. But Andy is pushing her just like he did Dorinda for years. That didn't end well for Dorinda who spiraled out of control with her alcohol abuse, lost her job and needs to be in rehab. Same will happen with Leah. She has no impulse control and  says and does anything she thinks will bring her attention. She brings nothing to this show but a new level of drunk inappropriate behavior.  I hope Sonja doesn't try to compete with her next season. 

Well said -- and so true!

• Love 3
On 10/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, ichbin said:

She's 38.  Going on 17 - LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/5/2020 at 12:05 PM, Silver Bells said:

Bethenny has a habit of taking in damaged strays -- so now it's Dorinda.  And Dorinda should feel like she's been taken down a peg or two so she'll probably take it down a few notches now in order to be BFFs with Bethenny and all the perks that entails.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

I'm so late to the party, I didn't even know this episode was coming.  I read something online about it last week and when I checked, saw I had one last episode to watch.

Let me just start by saying Sonja has been so cringe the last couple of seasons -- the clips of Sonja derping out were almost sad.  Almost everything she does is calculated to grab the spotlight, from showing her bare ass to drooling over random men in her vicinity to hiding under a table in a restaurant she's just so embarrassing and mostly not funny at all anymore.  

I think how eggs are cooked and served is one of those things that most people are pretty particular about.  Tinsley was brave to have even tasted those anemic looking "scrambled" eggs - did Dorinda dish them up with an ice cream scoop?  And I couldn't figure out what that was that on the side?  Cherry tomatoes and something else?  Whatever it was, the whole plate looked gross (Hannah's favorite, my ass!) and I would have tossed the whole thing in the garbage.  At least Luann's looked like you'd expect scrambled eggs to look.  Those two are so self centered, I suspect that since both pride themselves on their fantastic cooking, probably neither one of them can cook a lick.

I so agree about Leah's latest bizarre lewk.  The make-up, the hair, the choker all just way too attention-seeking.  Of course she has to make a big point to look edgy by wearing "sex" in big sparkly letters across her neck.  Maybe it's because she isn't getting any -- isn't that what they say?  The ones who talk about it the most are the ones getting it the least.

Richard should have his own tag line -- I swear I haven't heard one episode where Dorinda hasn't mentioned Richard.  She's so pathetic making everyone shout Happy Birthday to Richard.  She's so far off her rocker.  I'm glad the guy asked who's Richard.  Sonja saying her eyes were rolling at Ramona's drink order -- but the true eye roll is the extent to which Dorinda goes to dwell on everything Richard.   She behaves literally as if she must worship him.

I did finally get a good laugh with everyone else in Leah's family at her absurd display -- at first I thought she was joking around.   Crying because she's "never going to be walked down an aisle, Mom, it's not funny" as she stomps around the room.  Oh yeah, chick is so edgy and chill.  I'm liking Bunny more and more now that I see she has Leah's number and isn't swayed by her antics.  The only one who wasn't laughing at her was Sarah's baby.  

Martin certainly pegged Leah's immaturity in about two seconds.  Dorinda in her baby pink lipstick and garish patterns - ugh!

I love Lu and normally she looks put together, but that star necklace and red dress with cutout shoulders that makes her boobs look like pancakes -- burn those things!!

Oh Leah, in your dreams you manipulate men to get what you want.  I'll bet money that hasn't happened in the last 20 years.  I thought her black short sleeve turtleneck was her best TH look.  Dorinda -- you have NO room to talk about anyone's fashion choices.

So it was Sonja's eighth season when she started looking like a bag lady.  I have to say she looks good in her TH in this episode, but it looks like it was after her facelift.  Maybe that's why her face looked so swelled up and weird in some of the scenes she was in -- her facelift before all the swelling went down.  Showing Sonja at the reunion she looked awful with her puffy face and too short unflattering bob.

I was glad they showed some footage from years ago -- it's always interesting to see how much time changes everyone.

Great synopsis of this episode. Kadooz! Especially reflections on Sonja and Leah. Pathetic. I think that Sonja remaining on the show is a pity thing. She is so broke that her paycheck from RHONY is what keeps her alive. I don't know how much longer we will have to be subjected to her humiliating displays. I woudn't be surprised if she is gone next year and Bethenny's new best friend. Bethenny will be the Welcome Wagon for fired housewives. She has a love hate relationship with Bravo. She hates Ramona and Lu because they saw through her BS and chose not to kiss her SkinnyGirl ass like Dorinda and Sonja.

Leah will likely step up her game even further next season. Will be interesting to see the new women and the dynamics. Also wouldn't be shocked if Ramona is on borrowed time.

Edited by Happy Camper
Missed a period. Thankfully not pregnant though.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

In the beginning, I said I was team Jason and got crushed what a bad guy he was.  He tolerated all the assistants in the small apartment, tried to give her some resemblance of family in Pennsylvania with his nice parents, but she wouldn’t have it.  She insulted the town, which was in poor taste.  He helped her in Canada when she was making Skinny Girl.  He tolerated her, then he was the bad guy?  Now, he’s giving her a hard time with the divorce.  I don’t blame him one bit.  I just hope Brynn is as close to him as with Bethenny.  I still would Love to hear her Mothers side.  Why I wonder  didn’t she write a book yet?  Is she being paid off?

OMG - they were anything but nice people.  They demanded that Jason and Bethenny drive 2 hours each way twice a month to visit them.  This, even though she was at a critical point in selling her SG brand, all while she was pregnant or had a newborn to care for.  Jason did many nasty things to her (locking her dog in a closet all day is just one example) to drive her out of her property and he succeeded.  He had his mother notarize a fraudulent trust that gave Jason an ownership interest in the condo she bought with her own money before they were married.  They did their best to steal Bethenny's property and she was in court for many months to get it back.  Ultimately the judge wasn't fooled, and Jason's mother was forced to admit that she notarized the document on a date when Bethenny wasn't even in the country.  They were both shown up for the crooks they are, and I hope she lost her notary license over it.  Not that Bethenny doesn't have horrible faults, but that Jason and his mother are total creeps.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 3

One last parting shot -- Dorinda made such a point of shoving Luann's arrest and mugshot in her face whenever she approached Dorinda about her drinking problem.   She delighted in torturing Tinsley throughout last season, and then this season Bravo gave her that vicious tagline "Like a mint in my mouth ... " which I think was intended as a sort of fuck you to Tinsley.

So my idea now is, for next season Bravo should give Luann the tagline, "I might have a mugshot and a record, but I still have my job".

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Great synopsis of this episode. Kadooz! Especially reflections on Sonja and Leah. Pathetic. I think that Sonja remaining on the show is a pity thing. She is so broke that her paycheck from RHONY is what keeps her alive. I don't know how much longer we will have to be subjected to her humiliating displays. I woudn't be surprised if she is gone next year and Bethenny's new best friend. Bethenny will be the Welcome Wagon for fired housewives. She has a love hate relationship with Bravo. She hates Ramona and Lu because they saw through her BS and chose not to kiss her SkinnyGirl ass like Dorinda and Sonja.

Leah will likely step up her game even further next season. Will be interesting to see the new women and the dynamics. Also wouldn't be shocked if Ramona is on borrowed time.

I think you're absolutely correct about Sonja being kept on as a HW due to the pity factor.  Dorinda and Sonja are Bethenny's hangers on because they respect her cash and will accept everything that comes along with being her friend - perks and burdens alike.  Considering what I currently believe is their respective terrible financial situations, they don't mind puckering up to kiss SkinnyGirl ass when necessary.

I'd be lying though if I said I'm not concerned about the direction RHONY is going.  Same for RHOC.  Heaven help us -- considering Leah and Braunwyn, these shows are going downhill something awful.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, HunterHunted said:

Dorinda was a guest on Bethenny's podcast,

Dorinda Who?

Eboni's arrival seems to have wiped out interest in Dorinda.  One day you're in, the next day you're out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

Dorinda Who?

Eboni's arrival seems to have wiped out interest in Dorinda.  One day you're in, the next day you're out.

I really don’t think people will forget what Dorinda did.  She’ll probably always be known as a mean woman.  I’ve never heard anyone speak to Tinsley like Dorinda did.  People might not trust her anymore, and men should beware .. she’s a snake.  She’ll turn on you in a heartbeat.  Now Dorinda and Bethenny are two peas in a pod, until one of them loses their mind again.  I’m wondering how John feels now that she dumped him.  Is he still welcome at her table?  She used him for this n that for many years, then discarded him.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I think you're absolutely correct about Sonja being kept on as a HW due to the pity factor.  Dorinda and Sonja are Bethenny's hangers on because they respect her cash and will accept everything that comes along with being her friend - perks and burdens alike.  Considering what I currently believe is their respective terrible financial situations, they don't mind puckering up to kiss SkinnyGirl ass when necessary.

I'd be lying though if I said I'm not concerned about the direction RHONY is going.  Same for RHOC.  Heaven help us -- considering Leah and Braunwyn, these shows are going downhill something awful.

OMG .. Leah and Brownstone together.  Here come the 3 ways, 5 ways and 10 ways, lol.  Disgusting.  Andy must be salivating, lol.  Can you imagine if they would be together, God forbid.  Maybe we all will learn new things.  Hahahahaha!   SICK.

11 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

One last parting shot -- Dorinda made such a point of shoving Luann's arrest and mugshot in her face whenever she approached Dorinda about her drinking problem.   She delighted in torturing Tinsley throughout last season, and then this season Bravo gave her that vicious tagline "Like a mint in my mouth ... " which I think was intended as a sort of fuck you to Tinsley.

So my idea now is, for next season Bravo should give Luann the tagline, "I might have a mugshot and a record, but I still have my job".

LuAnn got demoted to friend of.  I’m sad about that as I liked her the most.  I figured Andy would keep Sonja out of pity.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2020 at 1:35 PM, Jextella said:

I would LOVE for Tinsley to get picked up on some other show and have it become really popular as a FU to all of them.

She doesn’t need the aggravation or the money, but it would be nice.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

OMG - they were anything but nice people.  They demanded that Jason and Bethenny drive 2 hours each way twice a month to visit them.  This, even though she was at a critical point in selling her SG brand, all while she was pregnant or had a newborn to care for.  Jason did many nasty things to her (locking her dog in a closet all day is just one example) to drive her out of her property and he succeeded.  He had his mother notarize a fraudulent trust that gave Jason an ownership interest in the condo she bought with her own money before they were married.  They did their best to steal Bethenny's property and she was in court for many months to get it back.  Ultimately the judge wasn't fooled, and Jason's mother was forced to admit that she notarized the document on a date when Bethenny wasn't even in the country.  They were both shown up for the crooks they are, and I hope she lost her notary license over it.  Not that Bethenny doesn't have horrible faults, but that Jason and his mother are total creeps.

OMG .. I had no idea they were that bad.  I’m sure we don’t know many other things.  Yikes!

13 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Bethenny has a habit of taking in damaged strays -- so now it's Dorinda.  And Dorinda should feel like she's been taken down a peg or two so she'll probably take it down a few notches now in order to be BFFs with Bethenny and all the perks that entails.

One thing I have to say is that Bethenny is a helper.  Anyone on alcohol, she tried to help .. Dorinda,LuAnn and Sonja.  She is also good with the earthquakes, so it seems, getting up the money,planes and such.  I hope it’s out of the goodness of her heart and not for publicity.  I’m really surprised at all the things I didn’t know about her.  Things that weren’t very nice.  I thought she did all these nice things out of the goodness of her heart and not to advantage of munipilating others to do her bidding.  I’m really disappointed or nieve .. actually both.

Edited by Silver Bells
On 10/9/2020 at 1:03 AM, itsadryheat said:

It means poor me, I never wanted to leave and was planning on being nicer next season.

Yeah right.  It must be in her already to be a nasty bitch.  I read somewhere that she was separated with Richard.  Is it true?  I’m not on Social Media, tick tock, or what ever the heck those new fang led things are, lol.  Twitter, whatever.  I’m in the dark here.

Edited by Silver Bells
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I really don’t think people will forget what Dorinda did.  She’ll probably always be known as a mean woman.  I’ve never heard anyone speak to Tinsley like Dorinda did.  People might not trust her anymore, and men should beware .. she’s a snake.  She’ll turn on you in a heartbeat.  Now Dorinda and Bethenny are two peas in a pod, until one of them loses their mind again.  I’m wondering how John feels now that she dumped him.  Is he still welcome at her table?  She used him for this n that for many years, then discarded him.

I was never a big fan of John but I do have sympathy for him.  He seemed to always be thinking of ways to expand the cleaning business and perhaps those didn’t play out well in the long run.  Now he filed bankruptcy on his generational family business.  I can’t remember a time they seem harmonious in their relationship.  How many times did we see Dorinda get nasty with John in a restaurant or party and leave angry?   It was telling when Dorinda let John touch that hot pan.  Who would do that?  Dorinda hooked up with John shortly after Richards death and I believe she was afraid to be alone.  That is what I think is going on with her now.  However, that is no reason to behave in the abhorrent way she did in the last season.  Many women go through this without becoming the shrew that she is.  

• Love 3