Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E25: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

I know what a poached egg is. I know what scrambled eggs are. What in the world are poached scrambled eggs?

Dorinda’s eggs were cooked in water.  They looked horrible.  

I think the “What Happens Next” is funny.  However, I am from Chicago and we have already been insulted by Dorinda and now the poop business.  Haven’t we been through enough.  That’s just terrible.

Interesting to see Leah’s brother.  However, in her talking heads, I don’t like the bangs or the choker.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

I know what a poached egg is. I know what scrambled eggs are. What in the world are poached scrambled eggs?

Daniel Patterson, who’s food I adore, was advocating this method a lot of places a few years ago. I haven’t tried it but I would trust him. 

• Love 4

After the dark season due to Dorinda’s bullying, I like the levity.  

Sonja’s face really looked weird toward the end of the season.  It’s as though she suddenly had jowls.  She needed the facelift.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Dorinda’s eggs were cooked in water.  They looked horrible.  

I think the “What Happens Next” is funny.  However, I am from Chicago and we have already been insulted by Dorinda and not the poop business.  That’s just terrible.

Interesting to see Leah’s brother.  However, in her talking heads, I don’t like the bangs or the choker.

She whisked some eggs and cooked them with the poached eggs? That’s nauseating. I have tried Lu’s recipe and liked them.

I’ve been to Chicago once and loved it! Sonja and Dorinda are twits.

Not caring for the bangs and choker, especially the choker.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

I’ve been to Chicago once and loved it! Sonja and Dorinda are twits.

Agreed on all points.  I’ve wanted to try eggs ala francaise.  Thanks for saying that.  It’s been a hard time for the whole country.

• Love 5

This episode was edited very self-consciously.  I can imagine the producers looking at how dark the season became, looking back at old seasons (Ramona vs Jill playing tennis, Ramona and Jill fighting over the location of the social register) and trying to give us this light episode in an effort to convince us this season wasn’t useless.  I could give a shit about their egg battles.  It’s so misplaced.  It’s like whistling Dixie after Sherman’s march to the sea.  Not interested in Bravo’s revisionist history.  

Ramona was the most successful at not being falling down on her ass drunk this season, so it was actually interesting to me to see how she adds club soda to her drink as it goes down.  That’s perhaps the only point of interest in this episode.  The dynamic between Ramona, Avery, Leah, Tinsley and Avery’s friends was also interesting.  Rather than showing two seconds of that, I wish they would have just shown the dinner as it played out over 44 minutes.  It would have been far better than this.  

Martin is about 100 lbs overweight his damn self.  I’m not sure I would put him in charge of my fitness.  Once someone has been on two reality shows—this one and America’s Next Top Model—I no longer take them seriously as a professional.  I look at them as someone who is shamelessly trying to get their name out there. 

I don’t need a game hosted by a revolving door of Housewives of “what happens next,” nor do I need their tips on dating!  This isn’t revealing any secrets.  Is this supposed to be...funny?  The hammer banging that interrupted their talking heads?  Oh, I am laughing!  Too little, too late, Bravo.  

Usually a Secrets Revealed episode—which Bravo had stopped doing for awhile prior to this year, because they become redundant with three-part reunions—is based off of reunion footage that wasn’t shown.  This was not that format.  This was Trivia by Real Housewives of New York City, and if the network had just billed it as such, I would have left it off my DVR and watched the Broncos game.  The only reason I sat through this dreck through completion was that I had it on my DVR, and I fell for the sunken cost fallacy, which, I should remind myself, is a fallacy!!

I would rather sit in my dentist’s chair for several hours with no ether than watch a special about Leah (who, BTW, already has a teeny, tiny FUPA, so she doesn’t need to worry about getting one), so I am completely done with this season.  I’d say it’s not a moment too soon, but it actually lasted a lot longer than it could have, or should have.  

I was going to say that the one positive was no Andy, but even he popped his greasy little head at the end.  Let’s go over the furniture of reunions past.  That is interesting.  Too bad Charles Dickens has passed away, or he could have written about it.  

There is nothing that I can say about this special that hasn’t been better summed up by the principal in Billy Madison:

C0D72CA9-B05B-4A3F-8E6B-CE5F8B80D3A7.gif.f1c208c9beac2f04cf8d71a649c847d3.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

Another thing that Dorinda is the best in the world at.

• LOL 14

Leah looked ridiculous in her confessional look.  And she calls herself a fashion designer???  If you have to try to be edgy, you probably really aren't.

This wasn't a good season.  Way too much drunkenness.  I think Leah is way over rated.  The show needs to do a reset.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Yeah, Leah's SEX choker made me want to CHOKE HER!  How utterly dumb.  The other thing I couldn't QUITE follow was the "poached scrambled eggs".... What the bloody hell??

Lu's frenchie eggies looked MUCH better! Just sayin'.

And I totally agree: The less we see of Andy, the better.  Especially after this dumpster fire of a season!  

Can I get a refund on that hour of my life please??

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Leah's horrible acting job of fake crying had her whole family hysterically laughing and I was right there with them!  Loved seeing Bunny cracking up like that at her own daughter!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, malibu said:

Leah's horrible acting job of fake crying had her whole family hysterically laughing and I was right there with them!  Loved seeing Bunny cracking up like that at her own daughter!!!

They all know she’s a nut job, and did she have to drop that bomb about Rob?  She wishes he would marry her, but he’s smart.  Really, what did she bring to the show?  I’d rather watch the regulars as I could relate.  Leah acts like a child.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 11

Leah's just a whack-job. Period. End of story.  If Greasy Andy's gonna put her front and center? Just kill the show. They can't find ANY ladies in the New Yawk vicinity that are interesting.. and a HOUSEWIFE?? Aww.. Hell.

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Really, what did she bring to the show?  I’d rather watch the regulars as I could relate.  Leah acts like a child.

Well, obviously there are viewers that can relate to Leah, too. 

I enjoy seeing her joke and chat with Tinsley. I don’t really find Sarah or Bunny interesting, there’s something about them I can’t quite put my finger on. But Leah says certain things that give me a chuckle. Her bangs and sex choker were ridiculous but I thought her fawning over her dentist was funny. 

I liked the scene of all of them in the car. That aside it was kind of a boring hour. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“It’s all about the technique in the wrist, creating a tornado-like environment . . . “

You can use it with eggs or people.

Yeah, that’s why she broke hers.  She tornado’d herself into a cast.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I don't find Leah funny, charming or interesting. But Andy is pushing her just like he did Dorinda for years. That didn't end well for Dorinda who spiraled out of control with her alcohol abuse, lost her job and needs to be in rehab. Same will happen with Leah. She has no impulse control and  says and does anything she thinks will bring her attention. She brings nothing to this show but a new level of drunk inappropriate behavior.  I hope Sonja doesn't try to compete with her next season. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

That was easily the most legitimately entertaining episode of the entire season.

I agree. The producers should show more light hearted moments and less drama. 

The only way I will be entertained next season by Leah on my screen is if she is accompanied by Bunny. Bunny laughing when Leah was fake crying that her father will never walk her down the isle was the best part of the episode for me.  Typical of Look at Me Leah to make her father's illness about her. Ugh. 

I loved the scene where Dorinda wished Richard a happy birthday, the trainer guy joined in, then asked where Richard was. The look on Dorinda's face that she could not believe that this guy didn't know that Richard is dead was priceless. Such a narcissist - if it is important to Dorinda it must be important to every Tom, Dick and trainer guy. I am soooo looking forward to a season where I will not have to hear Richard's name, or Dorinda using his death as an excuse for bad behavior. 

I chuckled at Tinsley saying that she picks calories from alcohol over calories from food. I always say that I'd rather have my calories in food than booze. I also like to be in control of what I say and do. I'd be a boring reality show participant.

Leah just tries way tooooo hard. The SEX choker pretty much fit in with Martin's assessment that she acts like a 14 year old. She is definitely stuck in her teens. She made a comment, I think with regards to her interview outfits, to give the public what they want. Sorry Leah, you didn't give me what I want. You will still be on my screen next year. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, J80134 said:

Leah's talking head look with the sex choker - please girl, Erica already did c*nt years ago. 

Leah has years on Erica Jayne. She just hasn't been on TV for all to see until now.

• LOL 1

I want fun, levity, and a smidge of drama. NYC delivers the best for me in this regard even though there are exceptions, e.g. Dorinda hating on Tinsley so badly this season.

I don't often rewatch Bravo shows because there is generally too much fighting across the board for my tastes, but I'll rewatch this episode of RHONY Secrets Revealed because it is FUN and light and it's just what I need right now.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't find Leah funny, charming or interesting. But Andy is pushing her just like he did Dorinda for years. That didn't end well for Dorinda who spiraled out of control with her alcohol abuse, lost her job and needs to be in rehab. Same will happen with Leah. She has no impulse control and  says and does anything she thinks will bring her attention. She brings nothing to this show but a new level of drunk inappropriate behavior.  I hope Sonja doesn't try to compete with her next season. 

I don’t mind Leah as much as some people do, but that may be because I’ve only watched her for one season. I certainly do not understand why they are pushing her on us so much. There’s nothing particularly interesting or different about her. 
I think she is decent, not compelling, TV when she interacts one-on-one. Otherwise, in a group, she seems to hate when the attention is not on her. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I think the “What Happens Next” is funny.  However, I am from Chicago and we have already been insulted by Dorinda and now the poop business.  Haven’t we been through enough.  

Sonja gets dumber every minute. She farts constantly, pees on camera and wears a diaper on the Hampton Jitney. She needs to shut it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ramona called Reinhold “Hemrich” for the first year!!!

Elyse lost me with that one.  I wouldn't care if my female friends didn't know my husband's name.  I'd prefer it that way :). LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Ugh Leah, look at meeeeeee, give me more attention. Honestly, I don't think she brought much to the season. She is too much, and not in a good way. She is so wanting to appear edgy young and ironic. She comes off obnoxious and needy. I don't blame her ex one bit for running. I hope she doesn't start to drink again next season. And rumor has it she was only paid 3K per episode her first season, held out for more, and now gets 6K per episode. I guess we can't trash her trashy fashions, since that's barely enough money to go to H&M for a wardrobe.

I am also so sick of Ramona. Enough. Her and Sonja under the table? Grow up and get off my tv please. For some reason I find Sonja funny still... Ramona not at all, she is an elitist snob. I don't need to see her caress a glass or anything else she finds funny in between shitting herself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't think the tour of the early-season reunion furnishings is a good sign for Ramona. 

It seemed foreboding and that Ramona was feeling it. 

Andy said on a recent WWHL that he has kept some on his shows perhaps too long for sentimental reasons. Ramona might fall in this camp. He seems to have a soft-spot for her, Lu, and Sonja, and the tour may have been his subtle but clear way of telling her it's time for a change. 

Message received, I think. Ramona looked nervous and ill at ease - as if she thought she was going to get fired then and there.  I would be very surprised of Ramona makes it back - if not the upcoming season, then the next one. 

I think the casting of this season will be telling.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lu and Sonja go with her - or perhaps the season after (kind of like Vicki followed by Tamra).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I don't think the tour of the early-season reunion furnishings is a good sign for Ramona. 

It seemed foreboding and that Ramona was feeling it. 

Andy said on a recent WWHL that he has kept some on his shows perhaps too long for sentimental reasons. Ramona might fall in this camp. He seems to have a soft-spot for her, Lu, and Sonja, and the tour may have been his subtle but clear way of telling her it's time for a change. 

Message received, I think. Ramona looked nervous and ill at ease - as if she thought she was going to get fired then and there.  I would be very surprised of Ramona makes it back - if not the upcoming season, then the next one. 

I think the casting of this season will be telling.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lu and Sonja go with her - or perhaps the season after (kind of like Vicki followed by Tamra).

Agreed and Sonja can go with her. She brings nothing to the show. 
As for this episode- it highlighted to me just how toxic Leah’s mother is. That woman is problematic.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

As for this episode- it highlighted to me just how toxic Leah’s mother is. That woman is problematic.

Because of the way she was laughing at Leah?  I don't know. I don't know her mother's actual reason for that.  I imagine if I had a child nearing 40 who had a history of acting out or demanding attention I would probably choose to laugh at some point instead of yet again trying to react in a more constructive but fruitless manner.  I mean, c'mon, a 37 year old woman having a meltdown over the prospect of her father being unable to walk her down the aisle at a hypothetical wedding ceremony?  Now she's deciding to act like a 17 year old with a hope chest living and planning for the day of her big traditional wedding? Is this all an audition for "Keeping up with the McSweeneys"?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Agreed and Sonja can go with her. She brings nothing to the show. 

I like Leah's mother, but she doesn't seem to listen to Leah or acknowledge her emotional needs. I have a mother who is similar (actually, both parents) so I get it. I cut Leah a bit of slack for her immature behavior because of this.

There's a reason she rebelled as a teen and I feel she's just now working some of that out.  I think Oprah said something a long time ago about run-aways...there is a reason they run away, and it's important to address that reason. I think this concept can be applied to drug/alcohol abuse by young people. Something is making them want to check out from daily life.

For Leah, it seems something made her go berserk as a teen and I'm not sure the parents acknowledge their involvement - or maybe that will come up in Season 2, somehow. She definitely has unresolved issues with her mom, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 10/1/2020 at 10:20 PM, goofygirl said:

Yeah, Leah's SEX choker made me want to CHOKE HER!  How utterly dumb. 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:07 PM, J80134 said:

Leah's talking head look with the sex choker.

Guys, she had no choice. O R G Y was out of stock.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Elyse lost me with that one.  I wouldn't care if my female friends didn't know my husband's name.  I'd prefer it that way :). LOL

Elyse...Heather McDonald interviewed her again for a segment on her Juicy Scoop podcast this past Thursday.  I was not impressed.  Elyse was talking about that Cameo video with her and Leah when Leah jumped in to say something about Ramona having bowel movements during sex. Elyse totally lost me when she admitted it was totally made up but that she decided to submit it anyway, nor did she say anything negative in regard to Leah having said that in the first place. Sounded like Elyse is still trying to do damage control regarding Bravo not offering her a substantial role and credit.  Have a hard time believing that was only due to Ramona not wanting her there.  The way Bravo and production treat Ramona it is more likely they would take someone on board simply because she doesn't want them there.  If anything, that Cameo video collaboration between Elyse and Leah served to make Ramona's point about Elyse going behind her back.

Edited by ichbin
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They have hung out socially and she has presumably met him several times, their daughters were good friends and he apparently helped Avery get her job so I can completely understand why Ramona being a dismissive asshole about his name would be annoying as fuck. She apparently never met Bruce so I don’t think it’s the same situation as not knowing a friend’s husbands name who your child was all too willing to use for his connections. 

• Love 5