Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I wouldn't think they would have the neve to air the season if it was another 0-3, but I guess drama sells?

But I'm so happy that Neil told her to fuck off. I was harsh with him for being kind of a pussy, but in the end he was mature, tactful and didn't want to come across like an ass on TV. 

• Love 6

I felt Sam had changed and was beginning to like her.  However, it they stayed together in the marriage can you imagine how Neil would be a doormat?  One sided marriage.

So did anyone see the spoiler on Wikipedia before it was pulled?

Not surprising.  Sam is the same person who said she wasn't responsible for her poor behavior because Neil "never told her" that he hated being bullied, emasculated and abused. 

Exactly! That's the response of a classic narcissist: Take no responsibility and immediately blame their victim.

I am SO, SO, SO glad this happened. I haven't seen it yet, but can't wait. My daughter actually told me about it yesterday because she's got Amazon Prime, but this thread was closed so I couldn't post it here!

I have to admit that I did feel slightly bad for Sam. She ran out and was pretty hysterical. Dr. Pepper had to go comfort her. I don't think she was doing it for the cameras either or for sympathy. I think she genuinely started to fall for Neil, but for Neil, the damage was already done. I certainly don't blame him for that though. 

Never forget that narcissists will cry and weep and become highly emotional for themselves, but never for anyone else. Sam had just been roundly humiliated in national TV. That's what the hysterics were about.

• Love 8

Yeah, I have little sympathy for Sam. She humiliated Neil several times over the course of this experiment. If he took her back or changed his mind and agreed to hold off on the divorce - that was a stupid decision and he'll come to regret it.

If Vanessa and Tres aren't still together it's a shame.

When is the reunion show?

• Love 3

I like Tres and Vanessa together, they are cute as hell. We got to see Vanessa's insecurities but that  is what real relationships do, it's not just happiness all the time.It's good , bad and everything in between. I think she has more maturity than he has and might be good for him. I can see why the experts paired them up together.

I am a bit sad that Sam and Neil didn't work out. But I also see that Sam was too much for him. When he said there was alot of "damage" done earlier on in the relationship, i knew he was really considering divorce. I think that if he indeed rejected her, that would make her want him more. It is ironic that she accused him on the honeymoon of having not being man enough  but in the end he had the ba@@s to say no!

• Love 6

Since both Sam/Neil and David/Ashley were failures, I would imagine that Tres and Vanessa were lobbied very, very hard to stay together at least through Decision Day and quite possibly through Reunion Day as well. Sadly - because they are such a cute couple - I'd be very surprised if they stayed together after that.

• Love 1

I wouldn't dismiss Sam/Neil yet. Just follow Sam for a while and you'll see what I mean. Also, FYI would love the narrative: "She didn't want him, then she wanted him, then he didn't want her because he was hurt, but then he came around". It's like straight from some sappy romcom or novel.

• Love 8

I don't have anything against Tres and Vanessa. I hope they did stay together. I think they had chemistry and were attracted to each other and were a good match. More power to them! 

I do have this involuntary sympathy towards Sam for some reason. Then again, I myself have been called  a doormat at times, so, go figure. 

Since both Sam/Neil and David/Ashley were failures, I would imagine that Tres and Vanessa were lobbied very, very hard to stay together at least through Decision Day and quite possibly through Reunion Day as well. Sadly - because they are such a cute couple - I'd be very surprised if they stayed together after that.

I agree the experts probably pressured at least one couple to stay together.  Just like last Season.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 2

Tres and Vanessa are staying together.

Sam went first and said that she had become a better person through knowing Neil, cherishes him, and definitely wants to stay married. Neil said he agreed and was wholeheartedly committed to ... a divorce. That's when Sam ran out. Neil said too much of their time together had been unhappy for him, despite any very recent changes Sam had tried to make. Sounded like he never really forgave her for her ugly behavior early on.

Sam and Neil met up on a later day to have a final discussion since Sam left the taping after Neil told her no. She was deliberately blithe and insisted she was fine when Neil apologized. She brushed everything off as a learning experience. She said she was on her way to Costa Rica and had to run. She did manage to accuse Neil of never telling her what he felt the whole time, so pretty much her last word was to lay the blame on him for their communication problems. Neil, to the camera: We had plenty of time to talk if that was what she wanted.

Ohh, I hope all of this is true, especially about Sam and Neil, because it means that Neil finally grew a pair and kicked that horrible woman to the curb.

• Love 6

I don't have anything against Tres and Vanessa. I hope they did stay together. I think they had chemistry and were attracted to each other and were a good match. More power to them!

I do have this involuntary sympathy towards Sam for some reason. Then again, I myself have been called a doormat at times, so, go figure.

I feel sympathy towards Sam too tbh.

Oh! I almost forgot. There was one last scene with David & Ashley. He's getting all of his stuff together to leave and asking Ashley if she wanted a picture or something. And of course as they are standing in the foyer with all of their luggage and just as David wants to peace out, then Ashley starts to say "I think we should talk." But David says something to the effect of "Well, since we're no longer married, I think we should do what is best for both of us, and what's best for me right now is to leave the house." And he did!

Slow clap, David. Slow clap.

I'm sorry but LMAOOO

I actually feel sorry for Ashley. Social media is trashing her so bad rn

• Love 1

I wouldn't dismiss Sam/Neil yet. Just follow Sam for a while and you'll see what I mean. Also, FYI would love the narrative: "She didn't want him, then she wanted him, then he didn't want her because he was hurt, but then he came around". It's like straight from some sappy romcom or novel.

Oh, pleeeez tell me he didn't take her back by the time of the Reunion show . . . 

• Love 2

...David says something to the effect of ..what's best for me right now is to leave the house." And he did! 

Thanks for the post JAGGEDLILPILL.

Good going David, good going.

He could have adopted a forlorn look and said he was "overwhelmed" by all the things this woman he did not know wanted from him, or that he was slow to open up to people.  Instead he delivered a clear, appropriate and non-judgmental message.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 2

Is the SM coming from both sides, or just Sam's?

I'd hate to see him choose divorce and then take her back, though I'd love to see them be friends.

• Love 1

I don't hate Ashley, and I do think some people go too far on SM, but that being said, she seems like the type of person whom after you've exhausted all efforts of trying to get to know, and are pretty much over it and done, then turns around and is like "Hey, wanna hang out?"

• Love 5

I'd hate to see him choose divorce and then take her back, though I'd love to see them be friends.

Mostly from her. And very excessively so. Like I wouldn't say anything if she occassionally mentioned her husband on Twitter (because they have to honor their contracts and keep up appearances), but she goes way beyond, is all lovey-dovey and is all how Neil's opinion matters the most, how she loves Neil's patience, how amazing her 'hubs' is, what a cutie he is with glasses (including heart emoticons) etc. And on an almost daily basis. So either she's seriously delusional and creepy (which, I have to admit, is in the realm of possibility with her), or they are indeed back together.

Sam's changing jobs, BTW. To 'corporate'. Don't know what exactly.

• Love 1

Just Sam's. Kanye West tweeted Neil tho! Lol!

Verified account

‎ ‏‪@Neil_MAFS‬

‪@kanyewest‬ I got you Yeezy. Let me know when & where. I suggest the Waffle House on Peachtree, bring fishsticks pls.

https://

twitter.com/kanyewest/stat

us/702562684689096705

11:30 AM - 24 Feb 2016

12 RETWEETS109 LIKES

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 1

Mostly from her. And very excessively so. Like I wouldn't say anything if she occassionally mentioned her husband on Twitter (because they have to honor their contracts and keep up appearances), but she goes way beyond, is all lovey-dovey and is all how Neil's opinion matters the most, how she loves Neil's patience, how amazing her 'hubs' is, what a cutie he is with glasses (including heart emoticons) etc. And on an almost daily basis. So either she's seriously delusional and creepy (which, I have to admit, is in the realm of possibility with her), or they are indeed back together.

Sam's changing jobs, BTW. To 'corporate'. Don't know what exact

Yesterday Wikipedia said two couples stayed together. hmmm...

duplicate

Edited by tinypeanut

Yesterday Wikipedia said two couples stayed together. hmmm...

I'd be amazed if Neil changed his mind. That just doesn't fit his character.

But I do think Neil assured Sam he's forgiven her whether she thinks she needs it or not. He doesn't seem like the type to hold grudges. I liked hearing Neil talk to his mom and how calm and mature she seemed. I don't think Neil would've gone for a divorce without the support of his family. I wish MAFS showed Sam with Neil's family. Maybe they couldn't show it because his family didn't want anything to do with her after her behavior at the wedding. Who knows. Even Sam's own father still cares for Neil. Neil's character is really coming through.

As for Sam, she needs some serious help with her anxiety. She's holding on way too tight and needs to stop trying to control the world. Her behavior on SM is really sad...pathetic actually. She's so OTT with her emoji's and hearts and obsessive tweeting. She's trying so hard to convince people she's had this epiphany but it's just anxiety stacked on top of more anxiety. She's going out of her way to add Neil on all her tweets to show she's still friends with him because if they're still friends she must not be that bad, right? Her world must be exhausting.

Sam thought she was so adorable that all Neil wanted was to have sex with her. (Says a lot about her previous relationships.) But Neil really wanted a companion, a 50/50 relationship with stimulating playful conversation. He wanted his wife to be his best friend. He wanted a true partnership. I don't think Sam got that and I don't think she gets it now.

• Love 5

It's Sam so anything is possible LOL.

That being said, Neil did tell Sam the day after decision day that when she's ready, he'd like to do something as friends. And that I do see as fitting in Neil's personality, given that he has stayed good friends with an ex. Not that people don't throw out the "Let's be friends!" line, but from Neil, it sounds genuine.

Also, he's so funny on twitter. The Kanye West response had me dying. 

• Love 2

Sam's changing jobs, BTW. To 'corporate'. Don't know what exactly.

Not that Sam's SM posts are true, and assuming 'coporate' is a promotion from Branch Manager, being a "Z"-list celebrity must pay off at her bank.  Who among us want to run down and take out a mortgage since we know the type of person the bank employs? 

Maybe someone will hilariously unscrew the legs on her chair since fellow employees know how funny she finds that.

• Love 5
Sam and Neil met up on a later day to have a final discussion since Sam left the taping after Neil told her no. She was deliberately blithe and insisted she was fine when Neil apologized. She brushed everything off as a learning experience. She said she was on her way to Costa Rica and had to run. She did manage to accuse Neil of never telling her what he felt the whole time, so pretty much her last word was to lay the blame on him for their communication problems. Neil, to the camera: We had plenty of time to talk if that was what she wanted.

And yet, I didn't see Neil talk about his feelings with Sam. Yes, they had plenty of time to talk, but he didn't. He seemed to be having a good time with her. And if he was still so hurt about Sam's awful behavior, then why did he go to the trouble of finding a new house and moving in with her? I don't blame him for not feeling it with Sam after the way she treated him, but he sure didn't give her any sign before decision day that he was going to ask for a divorce. Hugging, holding hands - why did he do that if he was going to say no? If it was because he was afraid that she would get mad at him, then he's a coward, and it's definitely good if he gets out of this marriage, because the only way someone would be able to live with someone like Sam would be if they had a spine and could stand up to her and not let her walk all over them.

So, while I do think Sam was awful to him in the beginning, I also believe that she came to like him and appreciate him, and I'm not surprised that she was so hurt by him in the end. I think they can have fun together, but yeah, for Neil it's probably better to find someone else. Someone more like him. Because of all those tweets, though, and because someone had said that they had seen Sam and Neil doing some shopping in an IKEA store while the episodes were airing, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually stayed together.

Or they are just friends and Sam is, indeed, a creepy stalker who's trying to get Neil back. I guess we'll find out when they air the reunion show.

To some extent, I understand it. Neil oozed this patient "She will come around" aura. So I can kinda see why she'd think he should have given her a heads up.

But of course, at the end of the day you are right. She's an abusive a**hole (not just cold and insecure, but straightforward abusive), and is starting to miss her doormat.

I agree.

Maybe someone will hilariously unscrew the legs on her chair since fellow employees know how funny she finds that.

Ha! Yes, thank you for the reminder of what and asshole she can be. And she has the nerve to say she is a nice person.

Edited by BunnySlippers
  • Love 1

Not that Sam's SM posts are true, and assuming 'coporate' is a promotion from Branch Manager, being a "Z"-list celebrity must pay off at her bank. Who among us want to run down and take out a mortgage since we know the type of person the bank employs?

Lol about someone unscrewing her chair!

Maybe she got 'promoted' out of the branch to corporate because they didn't want her in the public eye? It seems bank branch offices deal with the public but corporate is more like an administrative office. Anyone work at a bank that could clarify?

• Love 3

Oh! I almost forgot. There was one last scene with David & Ashley. He's getting all of his stuff together to leave and asking Ashley if she wanted a picture or something. And of course as they are standing in the foyer with all of their luggage and just as David wants to peace out, then Ashley starts to say "I think we should talk." But David says something to the effect of "Well, since we're no longer married, I think we should do what is best for both of us, and what's best for me right now is to leave the house." And he did! 

Aha! So right there in Atlanta, David pulled a Rhett Butler?! "Frankly, Ashley, I don't give a damn," as he grabs his bag and walks out the door. Good stuff.
  • Love 16

I saw part 2 and Neil was very firm in his delivery and decision, so I doubt that they are still together. I think it's very likely they are still friends as he expressed a strong desire to remain friendly. I actually sensed it was over at that outdoor picnic when Neil's friend asked him if the process had been difficult and he candidly stated that it had been "beyond difficult." I think Neil is very tactful and wanted to fullfill his 6-week obligation, but was overall very unhappy with the relationship.

• Love 9

AGREE!! That behavior of her's was horrible. She showed her true self and there was no going back on that one. I know I am happy he said divorce and not stay married. I also agree about her playing it up for the camera. She has come off a certain way to a few of us and its something those kind of people will do. They don't like what they hear so run out of a room and make sure the tears flow so hopefully a person(s) that were in the room will come after you. Saw that to many times over my childhood and early adulthood. It gets to the point you either become cold to it and realize what the person is doing or you still are being played by the guilt trips. Sounds like Pepper falls for it. The whole playing up nice at the end of the time was pathetic as well and fake. I think she was feeling him out to see where he might go with his answer at the end so she could see how she needed to play it. It would be to late in the game to start being all touchy feeling after how she has acted this whole time. She obviously didn't learn one thing from this at all like she claims either. She laid all the blame on Neil as always it sounds like. For any that say Neil should have communicated better...there was no way he could with her. She didn't want to hear him at all if it was about how he felt or what he thought. Look at how she was when he tried a few times. She either was slurping soup up not paying attention, kicking him out, or running off. She didn't want to hear it unless it was about her. He was suppose to hang on her every word when she spoke. He had has to apologize for things but yet has Sam once said sorry for anything she has done? Nope, its the way it is with her kind. Make other people have to say sorry and feel they are in the wrong. Its not a way to live at all. I hope that the junk on SM with her playing it up are just her doing it to throw people off on the show since it hasn't aired for her part yet and not another thing more. She has shown on SM how horrible she still is and that she didn't learn or change from things on the show. So I wouldn't be surprised if she is being all "oh look, I really like Neil now" and then we see him next week say I want a divorce so she has conned people on SM into feeling bad for her. 

The Tres and Vanessa one is surprising that they would stay together. I do wonder if they made it or not once the cameras were gone. If they didn't how long after did it last til? I know from what is said here it could have been Dec and they were done but will be interesting to see the reunion to see how it is for them. I think that the way they had been, Neil and David when it comes to SM and such that they have all been pretty respectful unlike some from this season and past.  

• Love 2

David is not respectful. At least not longer. He's liking tweets all over the place calling Ashley a bitch and worse. Don't get me wrong, I can understand someone getting pissed over Ashley and her whole 'we just split over David's text messages' lies, but pretending to be this nice and lovely guy and at the same time liking mean tweet doesn't go together. Ashley isn't much better, but at least she doesn't have a nice girl image.

• Love 1

I have never been happier with a reality show outcome than I am to read of Neil's decision!

It goes to show how Sam so completely misread the guy, his intelligence and the depth of his emotional health and steadiness.

I've always thought that Neil kept his cool and his dignity with the awful Sam both for his own benefit AND to respect his family. He would NEVER have fought or antagonized Sam because he respects his grams, mom and brother so much. He wouldn't bring shame to them.

But he's a smart guy, and I think he saw from day one that Sam was an unbalanced, manipulating bully. He's not the kind of guy who would willingly allow himself to be a punching bag.

The SM. crap with Sam continuing to tweet loving mentions of Neil is just that -- crap. She's shown us over and over that she loves to play mind games.

• Love 11

I wasn't sure if that scene aired on the longer FYI version of Part 1, but I found it very enjoyable! David was not having any of it, no sir. He spent a few regretful/nostalgic minutes by their chalkboard before defiantly erasing it.

I'm sure he was pissed at the time, but he has said in subsequent media interviews that he always felt their marriage, and relationship, deserved some time after the cameras went away, simply because the atmosphere of the show was not normal and promoted actions/responses that were similarly not normal. In my mind, he's referring to the producers constantly egging him to say how much he liked Ashley and believed in their marriage. (Which he didn't need to do, obviously, but if anybody's a pleaser, it's David.)

SMH to hear that David's being childish and snotty on social media now. Grow up, people!

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3
I wasn't sure if that scene aired on the longer FYI version of Part 1, but I found it very enjoyable! David was not having any of it, no sir. He spent a few regretful/nostalgic minutes by their chalkboard before defiantly erasing it.

Nope, it wasn't aired. I also found it enjoyable! He looked at her like she had twelve heads. 

But yeah, it's not a good look to be trashing her now. In these types of situations, it's better to just not say anything nice at all than to retaliate. 

As far as Neil, I was surprised, but looking back, I shouldn't have been. Especially when the latest theknot interview came out, and he said this:

“I was lucky to be very young when my parents divorced and it did not have a big impact on me,” he tells us. “Having to separate holidays/weekends was not the ideal situation and I always told myself that divorce was something I did not want to do. However, my stepfather is a wonderful husband to my mother and even though divorce has a bad stigma, sometimes it’s needed.”

So I probably shouldn't have been as surprised as I was. 

I'm sure he was pissed at the time, but he has said in subsequent media interviews that he always felt their marriage, and relationship, deserved some time after the cameras went away, simply because the atmosphere of the show was not normal and promoted actions/responses that were similarly not normal. In my mind, he's referring to the producers constantly egging him to say how much he liked Ashley and believed in their marriage. (Which he didn't need to do, obviously, but if anybody's a pleaser, it's David.)

SMH to hear that David's being childish and snotty on social media now. Grow up, people!

Many people are childish on SM and it brings out the worst in some people.  

And yet, I didn't see Neil talk about his feelings with Sam. Yes, they had plenty of time to talk, but he didn't. He seemed to be having a good time with her. And if he was still so hurt about Sam's awful behavior, then why did he go to the trouble of finding a new house and moving in with her? I don't blame him for not feeling it with Sam after the way she treated him, but he sure didn't give her any sign before decision day that he was going to ask for a divorce. Hugging, holding hands - why did he do that if he was going to say no? If it was because he was afraid that she would get mad at him, then he's a coward, and it's definitely good if he gets out of this marriage, because the only way someone would be able to live with someone like Sam would be if they had a spine and could stand up to her and not let her walk all over them.

So, while I do think Sam was awful to him in the beginning, I also believe that she came to like him and appreciate him, and I'm not surprised that she was so hurt by him in the end. I think they can have fun together, but yeah, for Neil it's probably better to find someone else. Someone more like him. Because of all those tweets, though, and because someone had said that they had seen Sam and Neil doing some shopping in an IKEA store while the episodes were airing, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually stayed together.

Or they are just friends and Sam is, indeed, a creepy stalker who's trying to get Neil back. I guess we'll find out when they air the reunion show.

I agree.

Ha! Yes, thank you for the reminder of what and asshole she can be. And she has the nerve to say she is a nice person.

I tend to think that Neil (after a while) just didn't bother (trying to talk to her). Considering her reaction every time he would assert himself, not to mention the earlier scenes of calling him fake and a wimp, he probably decided it wasn't worth it to assert himself. After all, she had no issues telling him to leave HER house, or getting upset and throwing a tantrum over the whole "I don't miss you" thing. Plus, every time he did try to share something intimate, she was only half-listening (the soup incident).

I know a lot of people who tend to just back away from drama or situations like that, because to them, it's not worth the emotional storm it brews up. So, maybe Neil just said screw it. Pretty much from day one, it was all about Sam..what she wanted, what she expected, etc. Just because she "came around" at the end doesn't mean (in my opinion) that he should trust her and just go with it.

• Love 8

David is not respectful. At least not longer. He's liking tweets all over the place calling Ashley a bitch and worse. Don't get me wrong, I can understand someone getting pissed over Ashley and her whole 'we just split over David's text messages' lies, but pretending to be this nice and lovely guy and at the same time liking mean tweet doesn't go together. Ashley isn't much better, but at least she doesn't have a nice girl image.

If this is the case its wrong but yet at the same time look at the crap that has gone on for how long from her side and her on this and the front he had to put up. I don't go on SM to see all this stuff so I see it from all of you that do on what is going on with it. I think that the way he had been during filming and the airing though he was but yeah after the fact he should have just kept it going and not bothered. 

Many people are childish on SM and it brings out the worst in some people.  

Sadly this is the truth and the downfall of many things IMO. Its just a small part of why I am anti SM. 

• Love 6

I tend to think that Neil (after a while) just didn't bother (trying to talk to her). Considering her reaction every time he would assert himself, not to mention the earlier scenes of calling him fake and a wimp, he probably decided it wasn't worth it to assert himself. After all, she had no issues telling him to leave HER house, or getting upset and throwing a tantrum over the whole "I don't miss you" thing. Plus, every time he did try to share something intimate, she was only half-listening (the soup incident).

I know a lot of people who tend to just back away from drama or situations like that, because to them, it's not worth the emotional storm it brews up. So, maybe Neil just said screw it. Pretty much from day one, it was all about Sam..what she wanted, what she expected, etc. Just because she "came around" at the end doesn't mean (in my opinion) that he should trust her and just go with it.

While I agree that he just decided not to bother talking to her, to me it sounds a little disingenuous and hypocritical of him to criticize Sam for the same.

I actually tend to walk away from drama, too, because I don't like fighting with people I care about (I don't want to say something in the heat of the moment that would be hurtful to them), but I hate it when people lie and pretend that everything is all right and they are friendly and nice to my face, but stab me in the back when I'm not looking. And that is my issue with Neil leading Sam on with those hugs and the hand-holding and everything, and then dumping her in front of the camera.

• Love 2

Aha! So right there in Atlanta, David pulled a Rhett Butler?! "Frankly, Ashley, I don't give a damn," as he grabs his bag and walks out the door. Good stuff.

LOL, brilliant! Just brilliant.

I can't really blame David for liking some tweets about Ashley. He probably knows who dug up his police report etc., which IS crazy IMO. He said himself in that New York Post interview that they agreed to be friends and to make it an amicable divorce, but then things changed when the SM hate started. Didn't someone say she refused to even talk to him at the reunion? Sounds pretty crazy to me.

I am so happy about Neil's decision! Smart man. Just because Sam suddenly wanted him doesn't change her core personality which is not something I would want to deal with on a daily basis, let alone start a family with. I really really really hope he didn't change his mind afterwards and Sam's Twitter craziness is just about saving face.

• Love 5

While I agree that he just decided not to bother talking to her, to me it sounds a little disingenuous and hypocritical of him to criticize Sam for the same.

I actually tend to walk away from drama, too, because I don't like fighting with people I care about (I don't want to say something in the heat of the moment that would be hurtful to them), but I hate it when people lie and pretend that everything is all right and they are friendly and nice to my face, but stab me in the back when I'm not looking. And that is my issue with Neil leading Sam on with those hugs and the hand-holding and everything, and then dumping her in front of the camera.

How was Sam stabbed in the back or led on? I didn't see him pretend like everything was ok but more so trying to not set off the horrible beast she is. Hell his friend even saw something was wrong and Neil said nothing. That right that should have been the clue that things weren't right but Sam could care less she blew it off when Neil's friend said something to her. He would know him 100 times better than she would so to blow it off was pathetic on her part and showed she didn't give a crap. I think she is lucky she even got a hug from him ever or a hand held with how she behaved this whole time but I don't find that leading someone on. To me the hugs came off more friend like then married/boyfriend/girlfriend like. Yet, I can see Sam totally stabbing whoever in the back if it would get her what she wanted. And dumping in front of the camera is a risk they take doing this and they know it. BTW, the times he tried to talk to her, she either had a tantrum because it wasn't what she wanted to hear or she put him down in some way or kicked him out. She was all about the drama and wanted it. She created drama. People like her live off it. I think he did what he had to so there wasn't the drama constantly going on. She is one of those that you could say the right thing and still set her off into beast mode. 

• Love 7

How was Sam stabbed in the back or led on? I didn't see him pretend like everything was ok but more so trying to not set off the horrible beast she is. Hell his friend even saw something was wrong and Neil said nothing. That right that should have been the clue that things weren't right but Sam could care less she blew it off when Neil's friend said something to her. He would know him 100 times better than she would so to blow it off was pathetic on her part and showed she didn't give a crap. I think she is lucky she even got a hug from him ever or a hand held with how she behaved this whole time but I don't find that leading someone on. To me the hugs came off more friend like then married/boyfriend/girlfriend like. Yet, I can see Sam totally stabbing whoever in the back if it would get her what she wanted. And dumping in front of the camera is a risk they take doing this and they know it. BTW, the times he tried to talk to her, she either had a tantrum because it wasn't what she wanted to hear or she put him down in some way or kicked him out. She was all about the drama and wanted it. She created drama. People like her live off it. I think he did what he had to so there wasn't the drama constantly going on. She is one of those that you could say the right thing and still set her off into beast mode. 

Yes, she's been incredibly rude and mean. But my point is that he didn't seem to give off any vibe that he wanted a divorce. He seemed like someone who was trying to make it work. Most of us agree that Ashley was cold and didn't make any effort, no matter how much she insists that she worked so hard on her marriage to David, but at least we knew - and David should have known - that she wasn't into him at all and that she didn't want to be married to him. With her, it was no surprise that she wanted a divorce. You can say that Neil was just being nice and going through the motions, doing what the producers wanted him to do, but why does he get a pass on this while some people criticize Tres for supposedly doing the same?

This is just how I see it. It doesn't mean I like Sam. I don't. I just didn't like how Neil handled this, that's all.

• Love 3

could be awkward, all her girlfriends were positively drooling over him at the wedding! Imagine the drama if one of Sam's BFF's and Neil got together! It'd be a bloodbath.

Neil gave it his best effort throughout. He had made an agreement and he's a man of his word. I don't see that as being disingenuous or keeping his true feelings from Sam. He had agreed to give it an honest shot for six weeks, and that's what he did. He was never dishonest. He seems like a thoughtful guy. I'm sure he will get a lot of female attention now, and I hope he finds a nice, genuinely quirky woman who enjoys running and rock climbing and sharing the things she loves with him. I think a lot of women would like to have a guy like Neil.

• Love 6

Was this on the A&E episode?  I didn't see it.  On the FYI version or an extra?  If you could post a link that'd be great, thanks.

• Love 1

Yes, she's been incredibly rude and mean. But my point is that he didn't seem to give off any vibe that he wanted a divorce. He seemed like someone who was trying to make it work. Most of us agree that Ashley was cold and didn't make any effort, no matter how much she insists that she worked so hard on her marriage to David, but at least we knew - and David should have known - that she wasn't into him at all and that she didn't want to be married to him. With her, it was no surprise that she wanted a divorce. You can say that Neil was just being nice and going through the motions, doing what the producers wanted him to do, but why does he get a pass on this while some people criticize Tres for supposedly doing the same?

This is just how I see it. It doesn't mean I like Sam. I don't. I just didn't like how Neil handled this, that's all.

I don't know if he was going through the motions because of producers or whatever with that side of things. I think he was doing what he had to though to get through and not set her off. Then he would try to do what the "experts" wanted them to do. I think he was all in this going into it and even for a short time after but with Sam's behavior it changed how he felt about it working out for the long haul and doubts set in. She hadn't done a single thing to be hey I'm in this too and like you. The last ditch effort she has put in was for show IMO. Which when you see he isn't ok with it and is uncomfortable that should give a clue that he isn't feeling it. He may have realized at that point she was playing it up for the camera and he was not having it which made it more uncomfortable, know what I mean? I just think from seeing how Sam is and that kind of behavior, that she was ready to try to play victim if he said no and if he said yes throw him under and say no. I doubt she wanted to be with him anymore then he did her. I couldn't even see them being friends. Heck I feel for her friend/roommate, Sammie, as it is. You can see she is worn out and down from that girl. But I understand what you are saying on some giving crap to others or not for things similar. When it comes to Tres and Vanessa, they bored me as much as Ashley and David did. It felt like the show was trying to act like there was drama between the 2 when it would end up being no biggie (the phone call). Yet they seem to have the most interaction with friends and family compared to the others which was a good thing when that would happen. The gifts to me just becomes overload really in this show. If they want to give them, let the couples do it on their own and not force it ever. But in the end I think when comparing them and how they went through whatever motions and such for the show, Neil did what he had to more to survive then the rest. Tres and Vanessa might have some issues with communicating things but they don't fly off the handle to where they can't say stuff. I'm just not even bothering with Ashley and David because that was just such a waste there. In the end I think producers should step back unless someone is hurt or at risk for danger. The experts need to not tell one to do something only but tell them both things they can do to make it work. As well as they should be seeing footage over the time of filming so they can step in as well if needed or call some out as they need and make surprise visits for those reasons. 

Sorry if I am not making sense here. I'm on overload today with everything. 

• Love 1

Was this on the A&E episode?  I didn't see it.  On the FYI version or an extra?  If you could post a link that'd be great, thanks.

I think this is Decision Episode Part 2 that some people were able to watch (by mistake) when they downloaded it from Amazon or Google.  It was pulled within hours of viewing.   Obviously the 3 couple Decision Episode was filmed in one session but A & E and FYI cut it off on Tuesday so they could have a Part 2 for March 1.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 1

I don't know if he was going through the motions because of producers or whatever with that side of things. I think he was doing what he had to though to get through and not set her off. Then he would try to do what the "experts" wanted them to do. I think he was all in this going into it and even for a short time after but with Sam's behavior it changed how he felt about it working out for the long haul and doubts set in. She hadn't done a single thing to be hey I'm in this too and like you. The last ditch effort she has put in was for show IMO. Which when you see he isn't ok with it and is uncomfortable that should give a clue that he isn't feeling it. He may have realized at that point she was playing it up for the camera and he was not having it which made it more uncomfortable, know what I mean? I just think from seeing how Sam is and that kind of behavior, that she was ready to try to play victim if he said no and if he said yes throw him under and say no. I doubt she wanted to be with him anymore then he did her. I couldn't even see them being friends. Heck I feel for her friend/roommate, Sammie, as it is. You can see she is worn out and down from that girl. But I understand what you are saying on some giving crap to others or not for things similar. When it comes to Tres and Vanessa, they bored me as much as Ashley and David did. It felt like the show was trying to act like there was drama between the 2 when it would end up being no biggie (the phone call). Yet they seem to have the most interaction with friends and family compared to the others which was a good thing when that would happen. The gifts to me just becomes overload really in this show. If they want to give them, let the couples do it on their own and not force it ever. But in the end I think when comparing them and how they went through whatever motions and such for the show, Neil did what he had to more to survive then the rest. Tres and Vanessa might have some issues with communicating things but they don't fly off the handle to where they can't say stuff. I'm just not even bothering with Ashley and David because that was just such a waste there. In the end I think producers should step back unless someone is hurt or at risk for danger. The experts need to not tell one to do something only but tell them both things they can do to make it work. As well as they should be seeing footage over the time of filming so they can step in as well if needed or call some out as they need and make surprise visits for those reasons. 

Sorry if I am not making sense here. I'm on overload today with everything. 

Sam touching Neil's face even though he told her he didn't like it was definitely mean and selfish. I don't know if she realized, though, that he didn't make a move on her because he wasn't into her. I think because of his attitude and personality, she might have chalked it up to him being cool and slow to show emotions. Who knows.

I totally agree about the gifts. I actually wondered why Tres was giving so many gifts to Vanessa. I think that might have been setting her up for some unrealistic expectations for their future relationship.

On one hand there's too much interference from the producers, but on the other hand, I think there isn't enough guidance from the "experts." Saying over and over again how hard it is to be married to a stranger just isn't enough. The show needs to get better experts and more knowledgeable and understanding production people on board, methinks.

Edited by BunnySlippers
  • Love 1