Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

She filmed this during her last few months of 4th year of Medical School (I'm assuming Tulane) and it hasn't been announced yet where she matched for the start of her residency on July 1st.

So wait... she is filming this shitshow simultaneous with starting her residency? That's nuts. I don't see how that is possibly going to work. Although I'm not sure what residency programs are doing in light of COVID...

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So wait... she is filming this shitshow simultaneous with starting her residency? That's nuts. I don't see how that is possibly going to work. Although I'm not sure what residency programs are doing in light of COVID...

This filmed in February/March/early April; Residency doesn't start till July 1st.   Most fourth year medical students spend the second half of the year on "easy" electives so I'm not surprised that she felt like she could do the show while in her fourth year.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Amelia working as a 4th year and Olivia in the Stroke Center during the early throes of corona virus in NOLA gives us an interesting perspective of how it impacted both their private lives.

Perfect segue ways into Jessica working on a Covid ward and Keith getting reassigned to work with Covid patients.

• Love 5

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/married-at-first-sight-season-11-cast-couples/#6

Olivia's need for proper undergarments is dire. Makes her itty bitty titties look like pancakes that point south.

Karen's jeweled bodice is not flattering to her tiny frame...looks like she has no chesticles. She looks like Kelly Rowland.

Amelia's bird nest hairdo is augmented with a real nest, stuffed bird, and local flora....I can appreciate her wanting to be different.

Her mother is an attractive woman in a fascinator.

If you are a fan of any Alaskan shows, Amelia's earrings look like the bird wings that they use to lure marten into deadly traps....

• LOL 4
30 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/married-at-first-sight-season-11-cast-couples/#6

Olivia's need for proper undergarments is dire. Makes her itty bitty titties look like pancakes that point south.

Karen's jeweled bodice is not flattering to her tiny frame...looks like she has no chesticles. She looks like Kelly Rowland.

Amelia's bird nest hairdo is augmented with a real nest, stuffed bird, and local flora....I can appreciate her wanting to be different.

Her mother is an attractive woman in a fascinator.

If you are a fan of any Alaskan shows, Amelia's earrings look like the bird wings that they use to lure marten into deadly traps....

Is it me or does Brett not look happy in his wedding picture? We might have another Zack or Brandon in our hands.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

It looks to me like it is too loose. You know they get like two weeks between picking a dress and the wedding, so there is not enough time to get it altered properly. And now whatever dress shop the show has contracted with is responsible for rushing out five dresses instead of three.

I am about as far from quirky as you can get, but I am in love with the bird on top of Amelia's head. It might be the main reason I am tuning into this season at all. I saw those wedding pics a few weeks ago, and saw that bird, and thought, "I gotta see this"......

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

It looks to me like it is too loose. You know they get like two weeks between picking a dress and the wedding, so there is not enough time to get it altered properly. And now whatever dress shop the show has contracted with is responsible for rushing out five dresses instead of three.

I am about as far from quirky as you can get, but I am in love with the bird on top of Amelia's head. It might be the main reason I am tuning into this season at all. I saw those wedding pics a few weeks ago, and saw that bird, and thought, "I gotta see this"......

I will give the bride a pass but NO ONE in her bridal party or family couldn't take the time to get her a bra that will raise those puppies high enough to make the dress fit better....

Wouldn't the bird look more SANE in the bouquet?

Bride's prerogative to make the first impression she wants to make......

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

FWIW, I've heard from someone who knows someone that Brett and Olivia are "together".    

If true, I have no idea if they are still together or just were on decision day and then pulled a Katie/Derrek and broke up soon afterwards.   if they do end up working out, guess cat people really do form a strong bond.   Or he took a look at her nurse practitioner salary and Saints season tickets and said 'hmm, maybe a nice girl is what I want after all".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I will give the bride a pass but NO ONE in her bridal party or family couldn't take the time to get her a bra that will raise those puppies high enough to make the dress fit better....

Wouldn't the bird look more SANE in the bouquet?

It’s really strange, but it looks like the dresses fit better in the bridal salon and then they get to the wedding and it doesn’t.
Of course it would look more sane in the bouquet, but I don’t think that’s what she’s going for. They really do seem like a match made in heaven- both into wacky hats. That’s a perfectly good reason to match people by MAFS standards.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

It’s really strange, but it looks like the dresses fit better in the bridal salon and then they get to the wedding and it doesn’t.
Of course it would look more sane in the bouquet, but I don’t think that’s what she’s going for. They really do seem like a match made in heaven- both into wacky hats. That’s a perfectly good reason to match people by MAFS standards.....

In the salon, they clamp and pin the dresses so they fit right. They don't have time to do multiple rounds of alterations though, so I think that's why they look better in the salon than the wedding day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

That is not the same dress Olivia wore in Bliss Bridal...the dress she wore down the aisle looked like it was washed in a washing machine, hung to dry and thrown on Olivia...the dress in Bliss Bridal was crisp, the lace sharp and the fit across the boobs flattering and contained her puppies...what Olivia wore looked on her wedding day did her no justice.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CindyBee said:

FWIW, I've heard from someone who knows someone that Brett and Olivia are "together".    

If true, I have no idea if they are still together or just were on decision day and then pulled a Katie/Derrek and broke up soon afterwards.   if they do end up working out, guess cat people really do form a strong bond.   Or he took a look at her nurse practitioner salary and Saints season tickets and said 'hmm, maybe a nice girl is what I want after all".

Gonna keep Brett's feet in the fire until he stops his asshattery ways.

Creating a special square on the Bingo card...Brett tells Olivia that she is beautiful on their wedding day.

NPs make very good money and if there is some sort of a football season this Covid fall he will be the envy of his buddies.

Not to be mean but looking at Brett's family tree...yikes!

Talk about a hodge podge group of siblings and his charming Pater....the restaurant jammed them in like sardines....wished they had name tags on and labels like 1st, 2nd...eldest bro, eldest sis...thinking Brett or Rory were the baby with Rory as the butt of all jokes.

Think Olivia will fit in just fine with her new in laws.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Bennett in “Rouler, Sonner”

This 13 minutes I would like back.

Well, I guess if Tommy Wiseau  can have a following....

This actually makes me respect him a little more. At least he put out a short film and is not sitting around doing nothing.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 12:44 PM, humbleopinion said:

Gonna keep Brett's feet in the fire until he stops his asshattery ways.

Creating a special square on the Bingo card...Brett tells Olivia that she is beautiful on their wedding day.

NPs make very good money and if there is some sort of a football season this Covid fall he will be the envy of his buddies.

Not to be mean but looking at Brett's family tree...yikes!

Talk about a hodge podge group of siblings and his charming Pater....the restaurant jammed them in like sardines....wished they had name tags on and labels like 1st, 2nd...eldest bro, eldest sis...thinking Brett or Rory were the baby with Rory as the butt of all jokes.

Think Olivia will fit in just fine with her new in laws.

Now that you put it that way, I think these two could work out after all. A nurse practitioner making very good money in Louisiana is definitely a catch. They can live very well considering how affordable it is there. He might realize she is a catch and the alternative is being a divorced man in his late thirties with slim pickings after having dated every girl on his dating app.

He might also be all talk but no bite. I can see these two enjoying their season tickets, tailgating and hosting fun football parties with all the money she makes. We talk about Henry being a better match for Olivia but he might hate sports for all we know. He might also enjoy quiet get togethers and not the rowdy sports scene. 

Edited by jPLUS
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thank you!

I desperately need to have a shred of hope that Brett isn't a total douchebag.

Since all New Orleans bars/gyms/parties/distractions/gatherings stopped and closed tight because of Covid just weeks after their ceremony, he and Olivia have uninterrupted time and sheltering in the same space to get to know each other while playing with their cats....

That's a Corona virus evening... make dinner, catch a Netflix and spend time laughing at their cats playing with kitty feather wands.

If Brett can get past his macho, frat boi player act he may see Olivia as a woman who has depth and is not someone he should take lightly.

She may easily earn double+ his salary...NPs are well compensated especially if she is also administrative.

At 30 years old she has probably been a NP for 5 years or so....season tickets easily affordable.

Brett, if over his ex fiance (it's only been 2 years) and is well past the need to date in quantities may just find himself in a marriage.

Olivia's game plan, once she has deemed Brett worthy is to go all in....and wait for him to have the epiphany that he can have a great future with a terrific woman.

But Brett will probably not give the process a chance and join the bench with Puke, Zach, Matt, Nate, Ryan and on and on.....bumming us all out...yet again.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
(edited)
Spoiler

Our worst instincts were right...yet again. Dude is active on Hinge even before his wedding was shown. Wonder if he will stack another 45 girls before Decision Day?

To quote Miss Emily Litella...Never mind.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
(edited)

Moving along...

Amelia said that she falls in love all the time.... so BennyBoy,  this should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Be smitten, be amazed with Amelia.... Do not over think your accomplished wife...just go along with her journey and be happy and joyous..the audience needs to see you two trying but if it isn’t a match then be respectful

Amelia...Ben is a sexy beast underneath his floppy hair and 3 piece polyester suit ready to be unleashed.

Make us believe love still exists....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
(edited)

If Brett and Olivia stay together I would guess Woody and Amani and Henry and Christina get divorced on D day. Henry is a nice guy but a woman like Christina won't be feeling his vibe. I see friendzone in their future.

Edited by ElectricCityy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Christina won't appreciate Henry because she will judge him a nope even before the honeymoon is over and rule him out as a keeper.

Just hoping she doesn't punish him for all the men in her past that have hurt her....and never brought her flowers...

Cue the Babs and Neil Diamond duet..You Don't Bring Me Flowers.....

Betting that Henry won't initiate sex during their quarantine......as if Christine was interested at all in him.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Christina won't appreciate Henry because she will judge him a nope even before the honeymoon is over and rule him out as a keeper.

Just hoping she doesn't punish him for all the men in her past that have hurt her....and never brought her flowers...

Cue the Babs and Neil Diamond duet..You Don't Bring Me Flowers.....

Betting that Henry won't initiate sex during their quarantine......as if Christine was interested at all in him.

Christina better not hurt Henry, he seems like a great guy. The guy's self esteem is already low and she seems very demanding. They should matched him with someone with a sweeter disposition, like a Sonia from Miami. 

Edited by jPLUS
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I agree. I’m going to hazard a guess that these two are going to join the ranks of couples who divorce without consummating their marriage. 
I am also going to hazard a guess that she is going to be a humorless stick in the mud that becomes a chore to watch based on her attitude during the dress buying and the bachelorette garden pouting. I might be wrong here, but so far, it’s not too promising.....

• Love 6

I don't know if this was posted here yet but this from Reddit reg. Woody:

"He consistently cheated on his exes.

He was entertaining someone else while the show was filming.

He and Blake (groomsmen) share an ex."

I hope this isn't gonna be another Nate/Sheila situation where she's painted as just being crazy somehow. Maybe she finds out early & leaves... I can have my hopes & dreams.

• Love 7
(edited)

Being cast on MAFS has made Woody's Little Man Syndrome go turbo...when the red light of the camera lights up he has to be the center of attention with his Kevin Hart act, the audience is already tired of him.

He will be so impressed with himself on a basic cable teevee show that he  feels free to swing his dick around NOLA behind his wife's back.

Why join the show if all you want to do is sleep around?

Stay single and hump everyone in sight....

Amani needs to be told (snitched on by Miles) that Woody’s being a low down dirty hound dog on his first night stepping out on her so she can pack up her sewing machine and take a fist to Woodrow's ridiculous hats ...Punch out the tops of all of them.

Why short guys think hats make them taller...they just look more diminutive as it just emphasizes the little body under a big lid.

Miles makes Woody look Lilliputian.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
(edited)

IN TOUCH WEEKLY interviews with Christina and Henry

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-are-henry-and-christina-on-married-at-first-sight-season-11/?fbclid=IwAR23jsE53hRjjfS3nOfwwy-KKaGJdqXKrVatGfdFbdkT-XSf-mKSfdd2xWc

Though she says Henry usually meets that description, there were times his set-in-his-ways attitude came off as “dismissive” and difficult. “He was very routine, which is a small fraction of the stability that I asked for. I love to travel and be spontaneous sometimes and it’s important to me that I’m not the only one in the relationship creating spontaneity and fun,”

OUCH, not looking good for these two. 

Edited by jPLUS
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

IN TOUCH WEEKLY interviews Bennett and Amelia

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-are-bennett-and-amelia-on-married-at-first-sight-season-11/

“She’s a hoot,” Bennett gushes. “I wanted to be with someone who could make me laugh but also listen and share space with others. My ideal match would show me new sides of the world, while challenging me to unpack and investigate my own assumptions. I absolutely recognized these traits in my new partner.”

🥰 Sounds like these two might make it!

Edited by jPLUS
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

IN TOUCH WEEKLY Interviews BRETT AND OLIVIA:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-are-brett-and-olivia-from-married-at-first-sight-meet-the-couple/

Olivia and Brett both have “no regrets” following their experience on the show. “I own my mistakes and use them as lessons about how to be a better person,” Brett added. “I wasn’t always comfortable, but I’m walking away with an important experience.”

🙄

Edited by jPLUS
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jPLUS said:

IN TOUCH WEEKLY Interviews BRETT AND OLIVIA:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-are-brett-and-olivia-from-married-at-first-sight-meet-the-couple/

Olivia and Brett both have “no regrets” following their experience on the show. “I own my mistakes and use them as lessons about how to be a better person,” Brett added. “I wasn’t always comfortable, but I’m walking away with an important experience.”

🙄

As long as he’s walking away...

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am not sure where this goes but they keep saying on the previews that we have 3 weddings this week. WHY? We have 2 hours to fill! We should see all of them.

I knew it.... sigh, two more weeks until stuff happens. Ugh.

2 hours ago, jPLUS said:

IN TOUCH WEEKLY interviews with Christina and Henry

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-are-henry-and-christina-on-married-at-first-sight-season-11/?fbclid=IwAR23jsE53hRjjfS3nOfwwy-KKaGJdqXKrVatGfdFbdkT-XSf-mKSfdd2xWc

Though she says Henry usually meets that description, there were times his set-in-his-ways attitude came off as “dismissive” and difficult. “He was very routine, which is a small fraction of the stability that I asked for. I love to travel and be spontaneous sometimes and it’s important to me that I’m not the only one in the relationship creating spontaneity and fun,”

OUCH, not looking good for these two. 

I had a feeling that she would not be interested in a project. 

• Love 2

Olivia, Brett & Christina all sound very past tense, which is not surprising. Lock down must've been a blast.

I have doubts about Amelia, given her quote as to why she got involved in this. She had a very lackadaisical attitude toward a legally binding marriage, & seemed to just be in it for an adventure in between doctor-learning gigs. Even if they work out initially, I can't see them (or her in particular) sticking it out for the long haul. She'll be fine though, quickly moving on to the next 'adventure'. 🙄

• Love 4
On 7/20/2020 at 10:43 AM, gonecrackers said:

I don't know if this was posted here yet but this from Reddit reg. Woody:

I hope this isn't gonna be another Nate/Sheila situation where she's painted as just being crazy somehow. Maybe she finds out early & leaves... I can have my hopes & dreams.

Oh man.  And I just posted how pleasantly surprised I was by Woody and Amani's wedding.... *sigh*😞

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

Oh man.  And I just posted how pleasantly surprised I was by Woody and Amani's wedding.... *sigh*😞

It feels like I’m watching a train coming right at Amani & there’s no way to warn her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Judging from what little social media I was able to find on Amelia, I'm beginning to think she's a bit of a poseur.  Her college and later photos show her to look like any other privileged upper class student complete with appropriately neat hairdo.  It also looks like she comes from money given all the traveling she's done.  She's a transplant from Virginia to NO.  It looks to me like when she went there she joined a "scene" where she portrays the image of the quirky "starving artist" but in reality she is actually far from one.  My gut feeling tells me that in that regard Bennett might be more of the "real deal" than she is given how frugally it looks like he lives.  Bennett might be the kind of person she aspires to be (or to look like she is) so she might actually be more into him than he would be into her.  I guess we'll find out!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, HZAnita said:

I'm not surprised that Woody is a player.  Because there are fewer black men who are doing well than black women, black men have A LOT more options than black women; so Woody can be a player for as long as possible because he knows that when he's ready, there will be a woman for him.  

Life isn't fair.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Mazel tov!

Hope the new Mrs. Thompson burns Tristan's brown blankie that he used like an Cloak of Invisibility, gets a headboard, mattress pad, fitted sheet and proper linens for their bed....

He probably doesn't need that blanket since he's no longer married to a lying psycho.  

BTW, what's the issue with headboards and what are "proper" linens?

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know anymore reg. Mia - she's probably another MAFS victim...

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-mia-bally-ex-arrested-strange-twist-to-mafs-stalking-storyline/

3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Judging from what little social media I was able to find on Amelia, I'm beginning to think she's a bit of a poseur.  Her college and later photos show her to look like any other privileged upper class student complete with appropriately neat hairdo. 

I found one photo of her & she looked completely different, just as you say. Her SM is locked up now, of course.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

BTW, what's the issue with headboards and what are "proper" linens?

Audience uproar of Tristan's lack of head board.

Probably the same people who gush about double ovens.

Most of time Tristan was filmed in repose on a king sized bare mattress...pillows not in pillow cases, no mattress pad, no fitted sheets, no flat sheet just his blankie....

Proper is not the right word...Typical is more apropos...

Proper Typical Linens is what Danielle dressed the  Dodd bed...think coordinated, matchy match look

Headboard

Sham pillow cases for down pillows

Assorted Pillows

Duvet, comforter

Bed skirt

Mattress pad

fitted sheet

Flat sheet

Then you can go wild with accessories at Home Goods

Edited by humbleopinion
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

MAFSFan posted Amelia & Bennett know each other because they have a mutual friend... that's it. 

Makes you wonder why mutual friend never set them up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Makes you wonder why mutual friend never set them up.

And why mutual friend wasn't invited the wedding, as if s/he had been, the cat would have been out of the bag before the big day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

MAFSFan posted Amelia & Bennett know each other because they have a mutual friend... that's it. 

Amelia’s reaction seemed outsized for just that... though she is generally over dramatic and QUIRKY!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Amelia’s reaction seemed outsized for just that... though she is generally over dramatic and QUIRKY!

Maybe because they both dated the same person, lol. 😉 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1