Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Let's Talk About Sex, Baby

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Brett and Olivia just hate each other and need to call it quits . Brett is a sarcastic asshole , but Olivia has zero personality and Always wants to have serious conversations . Has she ever even had a lighthearted convo with him ? She’s just so rigid and angry all the time . 

He’s the dog and Olivia wants to train him.  It ain’t gonna work.  There is no fun in their marriage. They don’t play or laugh together.  There’s nothing but bitterness.  It’s over and done.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, karenbrady said:

I tuned in late...Here we go again with Karen. WOMAN! YOU KNEW you'd have to talk about sex on camera. Why did you sign up? I can't. I cant stand her. And  I thought Iris was bat-shyt crazy. 

I'll bet you Karen didnt give it up to her ex either. Lol. Sorry not sorry.

Thank you for this.  I don't get Karen, she makes no sense at all.  What did she think this show was about?

giphy.gif

• Love 10

I've been supportive of Brett from Wedding Day because he was such an a-hole at the Bachelor Party and I could see the show was definitely trying to make him out to be the villain early on, when in previous seasons they at least wait a few episodes before assigning that mantle to someone.  I see things about him that I can understand why he's not married: 

1. Very very blunt...it's off-putting (Olivia expresses concerns and he says 'you're very insecure')
  2. Uses sarcasm as a defense (Olivia mentions his house is too far away, he immediately shoots back something like 'sorry I didn't know earning equity was wrong'.  
  3. He has a sense of humor, but doesn't tone it down during serious conversations, which makes serious people like Olivia read it that he is making fun of/dismissing them.

That being said, I believe Olivia is very capable of toning him down.  I still think AJ is a giant a-hole yet Stephanie has softened him considerably.  Some of you will say....'why should Olivia have to do all that work?'  Well, for one thing I think Brett is really trying to make a go of the marriage.  Considering MAFS track record with douche husbands, I would have sworn Brett was not attracted to Olivia at the altar.  Yet the few times he's talked to the camera, he's said he really likes her.  Usually by this time the douche husband (DH for short) has already made it very clear they are unhappy with who the experts picked for them.  Brett and Olivia seem to have talked more to each other about their likes and dislikes and what they want out of a marriage than any of the other couples.  I was impressed that they said on their wedding night they talked about religion to the extent Brett was able to meet with her family the next day and confidently say they'd worked out their differences.  They recently laid on the couch and talked for an hour and a half about things.  That was without the camera being on them.  So it appears Brett is still invested in trying to make things work.  Usually by this time the DH has already checked out. 

I'm just saying I don't think Brett is the monster everyone thinks he is (at least from what we've seen so far).  I do think he went on the show for the right reasons and he really wants to be married.  He's proud of what he's accomplished and, if you think about it, he really doesn't have a lot of dealbreakers like Olivia seems to have (travel extensively, must live in young, hip part of city).  If not for his strong desire to have children, they might have been able to work through their differences and have a fairly happy life. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Olivia is a sour puss for sure but there is nothing worse than a self satisfied, sarcastic and smirking guy making you feel that your every thought is beneath him. I can understand her frustration with him because he’s making her look like the problem.

Olivia needs a non-douchebag shot to give to Brett.

giphy.gif

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

That being said, I believe Olivia is very capable of toning him down.  I still think AJ is a giant a-hole yet Stephanie has softened him considerably. 

I don't think Brett has any intention of being toned down. At least not with Olivia. Stephanie was a kind, thoughtful, fun, truly adventurous person that worked with AJ to try to understand him and a big plus is that they were sexually attracted to each other from the get. Olivia does not have that personality. All she really wants to do is have serious conversations with Brett about how he needs to improve himself. She is a drag and a bore. I don't care how much she herself believes that she's fun and Brett is the boring one. All the excitement we have seen from her is Trivia night and a boat ride in the Louisiana swamp.  She has only shown us that she likes expensive restaurants and high dollar wine. Big Whoop. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Those “experts” are good for nothing.  0livia reminds me of a nun.  Brett is a man about town.  They are a total mismatch.  He’d go for someone like Dr. Viviana. Sex appeal.  My husband thinks the Dr. has it all, lol.  He’s right.

I had the same thought that Brett would probably like Dr Viviana. He can be a jerk but new relationships should be flirty and fun and Olivia is constantly scolding and cold.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Henry has been a Tinder-er since 2013... Am sure he’s had sex with more than a few who swiped right....he is a well mannered, well spoken, attractive man who plenty of women would drop their panties.

yeah, i agree

he is not into christina, so does not want to give her false hope, does not want to have sex with her just to have sex with someone/anyone like some guys would.  i don't see anything wrong with that, he's just being respectful.  they just are not a romantic match.

13 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

And follows it with a lack of confidence being her deal breaker! Geez.  Henry was being vulnerable and honest answering her question and she was SO COLD. Let these two go their separate ways! 

yeah, he says he is not very confident and then she says that's her deal breaker.  game over. dumb move christina.

• Love 16

Henry acknowledges he lacks self confidence.

1 minute later....

ChristinA says her deal breaker is lack of self confidence.

That's a wrap folks!

Covid's coming...Pack it up and get home to quarantine.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think Christina is realizing that she wants to be married just to be married and really does not want Henry.

Henry was much happier talking to Bennett than he has ever been with Christina 

Henry is happier talking to anyone except ChristinaA.  He was able to articulate pretty well to Amani.  I think he is distrustful of ChristinA. During his talk with Bennett (I think it was Bennett at the time) he said that at the wedding one of her friends told him she had gotten out of a long term toxic relationship just a few months ago so he couldn’t help but wonder why she would want to get married that quickly after getting out of a long term relationship, toxic or not.  I don’t blame him.  I would be wondering if she did it just to show the ex she “got” someone. 

• Love 14

I am with the team who does not like Karen - even a little. She is condescending when she says his name and I hope Miles lets himself understand that he deserves a wife who adores him. Her making him his own lobster Mac and cheese is not about affection; she just loves to cook. I don't think we have ever seen as big a smile on her face as when Dr. V suggested they take sex off the table (or bed) until after D day. Miles was not happy. I bet she didn't even hear the part where Viv said they do EVERYTHING else. Miles, don't be her lap dog.

ChristinA is not a kind person at all. There is no warmth about her in the least. How many people, including Henry, has she told that she will not make the first move. So, ChristinA, if your husband KNOWS you want sex and all he has to do is ask, and he doesn't, do you not get that??? I like Henry and I totally get what he was saying about who he is in his mind's mirror. That stuff does not just go away because you are older. And, from what was posted on the spoiler thread, it is very obvious that ChristinA is NOT confident and does not feel good about her appearance and who she is or how she came across on this show. And it was very noticeable that Henry's tics are much more apparent if ChristinA is in the room with him. I liked his friendship with Bennett, but I don't think that even Amelia could tone down the nasty in ChristinA.

Gosh, Olivia can sure suck the joy out of any room, can't she? Yep, Brett is a sarcastic, condescending ass, but look at what she gives him. She can't handle him touching her or displaying any form of affection (that actually surprised me), is inflexible with her rules, and insists that she is fun and adventurous, but will pout if she has to drive 30 minutes to work. Good thing they don't live in the DC area. Brett does say nice things about her eyes and her to date never-before-seen smile, but she gives him NOTHING.

About Amelia and Bennett and Woody and Amani. . . I was actually feeling uncomfortable watching them with their stupid sex question games. They are so obviously in love and have very healthy emotional and physical relationships, it just felt, to me, like the scenes were intrusive and it was watching them have foreplay. I REALLY didn't want to hear their favorite sex positions - way TMI for this old lady! And, I agree that yes, Amani will get her dog and Woody will fall in love with it, and I would even not be surprised if they let the dog in their bed. These 4 are so far ahead of the other couples and I am glad they are so happy. I think that both of these couples will make it long past D Day and the reunion.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 9

Channeling my best Dr. Ruth...

The woman facing the man has her legs straddling over his shoulders, bends her knees "the hook" and with crossed ankles for enhancement they are in position to commence...

This is more than Woody's math students need to know... rated TV...MA

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Agree to strongly disagree 🤮 Could be a case of his horrible personality clouding my vision as I look at him. But again 🤮

Add in his dating and sexual exploits; I wouldn’t want to touch him either. Not with a 10-foot pole.

huh...  i find brett attractive physically and i think his constant sarcasm is a cover for lack of confidence and feeling uncomfortable with olivia and the situation. 

i think woody's dating history is probably more off-putting to me, but his wife has enough confidence and life experience to be able to handle him.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, endure said:

Who’s Jamie?

The pain in the ass who was on Season 2 who cried at the alter when she met Doug for the first time.  She just gave birth in a baby pool with her second child on live t.v.  She’s a fame whore on this show called “Unfiltered”.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Brett is an ass, but Olivia grates on me. Is there anything fun about this woman? I'm not seeing it.  Not in the couple dates either.  To me, she's a lifeless blob who only seems happy if she can prove she's better at something.    

• Love 14
7 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I can't even with Brett and Olivia. My mind seesaws trying to figure out who annoys me more. This week, the honor goes to Olivia. Just stop overthinking and overanalyzing every damn thing. Tell Brett if he's doing something that bugs you and then let it go. She's a real killjoy.

Yes to this.  She's so goddamned uptight.  I'd blame that on Brett but even with the other couples, even with her friends, she does not seem like a fun person to be around.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:
11 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

YES!!;

As soon as he’s with Christina, he starts twitching.  He doesn’t do that with the guys. He’s under pressure with her, and it’s not a good thing.

But think about it....what's he under pressure about with her that makes him uncomfortable?  S E X.  I would bet Henry has never had a relationship with a woman (since high school) that's lasted more than a month or so.  That's why he has all these female friends he hangs around.  There's no pressure for him.  He's the strong shoulder to cry on/be supportive/be another type of support when falling down drunk/the designated driver etc etc......everything but the guy who will eventually try to make a move and ruin the friendship.  He will never make the move.

It's not about Christina.  Most guys don't think with the head that rests on top of their neck, so they don't care that a woman is a meanie and rude or was in a toxic relationship right before they met her.  They are not going to reject a woman that has pretty much come out and said 'whenever you are ready'.  Most guys would "do" Christina in a heartbeat...I mean, let's be honest here...they would.  Only the guy who is petrified of intimacy would have a problem.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

@JapMo, or someone who is respectful and doesn't want to lead her on  - on national TV. There have been several couples who have never had sex on this show, even though the wives were ready and willing.

I saw this pic on a recap and it looks so funny. Henry looks like a toy doll compared to ChristinA and even Dr. VivMAFS-1111-7-henry-christina.thumb.jpg.e9809bd71a0744d32c6c96a5725bbc19.jpg

Edited by Retired at last
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8

Karen and Miles bore me. Everything is a discussion. 

Brett is such an asshole. The sarcasm would drive me insane. When Olivia said that Brett "lives far away" and she'd have a long commute and then said it would be 30-35 minutes, I had to laugh. I live in NYC and it can take an hour on the subway to go 10 miles. When I think long commute, I think over an hour. She seems so pouty that Brett owns a house. His responses to her were those of a total asshole. 

Olivia is uncomfortable with any sort of physical affection with Brett because she can't stand him. Oh, and she has a stick up her ass. Brett has no interest in her and seems to take pleasure in being sarcastic and not having a real conversation because that drives her crazy. The short, clipped answers that he was giving her while they were out just show what a douche he is. I think  he loves giving her jabs to piss her off. And yes, she gets the "Judge Judy" splotches when stressed. It's amazing how many litigants on her show would get these splotches as soon as the questions got harder. 

And once again, we have the Amelia "might have to go to Timbuktu," and Bennett says, "We don't know where it is yet," which is technically true but they're making it sound like they have zero clue and that's just not so. They know what the possibilities are. I know I'm belaboring the point but it just pisses me off that's being made into such drama when she knows exactly what places she selected. Fewer than 300 people did not match last year and the vast majority were because they messed something up. There is a shortage of doctors and Amelia strikes me as a person that is totally together so she will me matched. When Bennett said that she "might" have to leave town made me think she her first choice is local. If she gets that, it's just more unnecessary drama that we had to sit through. It would have been better for them to be discussing all the possibilities and saying how they hoped she'd get her first choice.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

About Amelia and Bennett and Woody and Amani. . . I was actually feeling uncomfortable watching them with their stupid sex question games. They are so obviously in love and have very healthy emotional and physical relationships, it just felt, to me, like the scenes were intrusive and it was watching them have foreplay. I REALLY didn't want to hear their favorite sex positions - way TMI for this old lady! And, I agree that yes, Amani will get her dog and Woody will fall in love with it, and I would even not be surprised if they let the dog in their bed. These 4 are so far ahead of the other couples and I am glad they are so happy. I think that both of these couples will make it long past D Day and the reunion.

I'm over 60 but had NO issues with watching these couples.  So nice to see these two couples really vibe with each other.

This proves something though, at least to me.  All this matchmaking stuff is nothing more than a crap shoot.  Matches may look great on paper, but mean nothing if the people don't feel that "something" that has nothing to do with anything rational.  People aren't robots.   

Karen will never have a relationship until she realizes who SHE is.  I think her family has done a number on her, they've imprinted their values on her and she hasn't had the chance to figure out if she agrees with them or not, she's just towing the company line.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Matches may look great on paper, but mean nothing if the people don't feel that "something" that has nothing to do with anything rational.  People aren't robots.   

I totally agree, but someone needs to tell that to Pastor Cal and the other experts who continue to ignore the characteristics that the participants say they are attracted to.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I had to look it up...it's the one Amani mentioned, with the woman's legs around the man's neck. You're welcome.

Oh .. o.k.  Thanks.  We don’t have names.  He just flips me around this way n that .. under / over, whichever way, and I’m ok with that.  I guess it’s been working.  Married a long, long time. Lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I totally agree, but someone needs to tell that to Pastor Cal and the other experts who continue to ignore the characteristics that the participants say they are attracted to.

But sometimes that isn't even correct.  A lot of people will say they like a certain characteristic in a person because they think "someone who's like that will make a good partner."  Doesn't mean they'll actually be attracted to said person.  My point is that nothing really works because human beings aren't robots.  

The best way to do it would be to have a mixer and just let things flow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

This proves something though, at least to me.  All this matchmaking stuff is nothing more than a crap shoot.  Matches may look great on paper, but mean nothing if the people don't feel that "something" that has nothing to do with anything rational.  People aren't robots.   

I agree 100%.  My grandparents were matched by their parents.  Though not strangers, both were the oldest in their families and while my Grandma was attracted to the younger brother, the two fathers got together and said the eldest children should marry, and so it was, and they remained married UNHAPPILY for over 50 years. 

I'd say a better formula would be Who Wants to Really Really Really Be Married?  Put all the "contestants" that said they do in a room together for 30 minutes and say 'when you leave, go to the left together and you will be married by a JP, or go to the right and leave alone.  And then follow those that did get married to see if just 30 minutes of face to face contact and a strong desire to be married will up the success rate.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I saw this pic on a recap and it looks so funny. Henry looks like a toy doll compared to ChristinA and even Dr. VivMAFS-1111-7-henry-christina.thumb.jpg.e9809bd71a0744d32c6c96a5725bbc19.jpg

Funhouse camera lens.

Henry needs to put this photo on his refrigerator so he can reassure himself he is not a fatty anymore.

He is Lilliputian compared to them.

• LOL 8
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I'm over 60 but had NO issues with watching these couples.  So nice to see these two couples really vibe with each other.

Karen will never have a relationship until she realizes who SHE is.  I think her family has done a number on her, they've imprinted their values on her and she hasn't had the chance to figure out if she agrees with them or not, she's just towing the company line.

I agree with you.  Before marriage, I went on a few blind dates.  No good.  The minute I met the husband at a function when he came over to me, that was it.  Bingo!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

People often have "false" expections of what they need in a relationship and I think a lot of what the experts offer in the show rings true about marriage and relationships. Even if you are swept off your feet and find your spouse to be the most lovely perfect individual in the world, you are going to have troubles in your life and in your relationship and in your ability to navigate those troubles, and being able to figure out how to communicate with someone honestly without the fog of lust in the mix is a great life skill.  Physical intimacy is great, and gives endorphins that help to build closeness, but it can evaporate pretty quickly if it's not got more solid ground underneath it.

I think for this "experiment" we have too much of a mix of wanting to have attractive people for the teevee and also a bit of drama, and that doesn't always get you people who are truly committed to the idea of letting the experts find them a spouse for life. They know it's not really for life.  It's for 8 weeks. If they're attracted and it's easy, well, then, okay, let's keep it going. But if it's not that easy, than whoever thought they'd do this for exposure on a tv show isn't going to put forth the effort.  Are they? 

Which is sad, really. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I agree 100%.  My grandparents were matched by their parents.  Though not strangers, both were the oldest in their families and while my Grandma was attracted to the younger brother, the two fathers got together and said the eldest children should marry, and so it was, and they remained married UNHAPPILY for over 50 years. 

I'd say a better formula would be Who Wants to Really Really Really Be Married?  Put all the "contestants" that said they do in a room together for 30 minutes and say 'when you leave, go to the left together and you will be married by a JP, or go to the right and leave alone.  And then follow those that did get married to see if just 30 minutes of face to face contact and a strong desire to be married will up the success rate.

My parents were matched.  My Father was a good looking gentleman, but she never loved him and was never satisfied.  It was heartbreaking for me when she told me that.  There just has to be love.

• Love 2

Miles is a man of my heart.  If someone made a special meal for me and then spontaneously asked a crowd to join in, I would be upset, too.  Don't be messing with my food.

Olivia: where fun goes to die.   (Has someone said that before?  Sounds awfully familiar.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

When Olivia said that Brett "lives far away" and she'd have a long commute and then said it would be 30-35 minutes, I had to laugh. I live in NYC and it can take an hour on the subway to go 10 miles. When I think long commute, I think over an hour.

And that could be why she's chosen not to live in NYC. 

By the standards she's used to, it's apparently a long commute.  And to have the longer commute just to get to a house she doesn't even like?  I could see how that wouldn't be appealing. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

By the standards she's used to, it's apparently a long commute.  And to have the longer commute just to get to a house she doesn't even like?  I could see how that wouldn't be appealing. 

I didn't know Olivia ever lived in NYC.  But when she was complaining about her "30 minute commute" she needs to sit down on the sofa of "first world problems."

giphy.gif

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

i find brett attractive physically and i think his constant sarcasm is a cover for lack of confidence and feeling uncomfortable with olivia and the situation. 

Agree his constant sarcasm is his cover. But I still don’t find anything about him attractive. His beard is blotchy and mangy and looks nasty; his complexion is terrible; large in-your-face flared nostrils. Add in that personality and I find him quite repulsive.

I have tried to figure out what I find unattractive about Brett, and the best I've come up with is that it's something about his teeth and mouth.  I don't think he has caps, but his mouth doesn't seem the right size.  His teeth are fine, not gross looking, but when he smiles, so his face kind of has to stretch and it causes his nose (nostrils) to elongate.  The beard doesn't bother me.  Oh good grief, that sounds really mean, LOL.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think Brett has any intention of being toned down. At least not with Olivia. Stephanie was a kind, thoughtful, fun, truly adventurous person that worked with AJ to try to understand him and a big plus is that they were sexually attracted to each other from the get. Olivia does not have that personality. All she really wants to do is have serious conversations with Brett about how he needs to improve himself. She is a drag and a bore. I don't care how much she herself believes that she's fun and Brett is the boring one. All the excitement we have seen from her is Trivia night and a boat ride in the Louisiana swamp.  She has only shown us that she likes expensive restaurants and high dollar wine. Big Whoop. 

The last thing a man wants to hear is “ have a conversation”.  Olivia goes on and on like a record.  I don’t even get her point, so how is a guy going to?  Too much talk about feelings and insecurities on this show.  It’s getting boring.  Express it once what’s bothering you, then shut up.  Olivia is a broken record.  Face it, he’s just not into you.  End of story.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Funhouse camera lens.

Henry needs to put this photo on his refrigerator so he can reassure himself he is not a fatty anymore.

He is Lilliputian compared to them.

ha..   and that dress is not doing christina any favors - makes her look larger than she really is

19 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Agree his constant sarcasm is his cover. But I still don’t find anything about him attractive. His beard is blotchy and mangy and looks nasty; his complexion is terrible; large in-your-face flared nostrils. Add in that personality and I find him quite repulsive.

well, different strokes.  some of his expressions are not very attractive, but i think we've all got those.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

yeah, and if she works long and/or irregular hours, driving home at odd times might be undesirable.   when i lived up north, i could walk home for lunch if i wanted to, down here it was always about an hour commute.  but i loved my home and my spouse and my job, she would not like 2 of those things, so not worth it.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The last thing a man wants to hear is “ have a conversation”.  Olivia goes on and on like a record.  I don’t even get her point, so how is a guy going to?  Too much talk about feelings and insecurities on this show.  It’s getting boring.  Express it once what’s bothering you, then shut up.  Olivia is a broken record.  Face it, he’s just not into you.  End of story.

I remember her saying once he won't tell her what his goals in marriage are.  Major eyeroll by me.  Olivia is getting heartsick over the prospect of losing the lifestyle that she loves.  She doesn't want to compromise on any of it, so she keeps finding fault with everything he does, says or doesn't say, while still acknowledging she likes and is attracted to him.   What a conundrum.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

huh...  i find brett attractive physically and i think his constant sarcasm is a cover for lack of confidence and feeling uncomfortable with olivia and the situation. 

i think woody's dating history is probably more off-putting to me, but his wife has enough confidence and life experience to be able to handle him.

What has Woody said about his dating history that makes you say that? I don't remember.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I really think this is the origin of her problems. Her father refusing to be filmed at their wedding (or not attending at all? Again, I don't remember). I think the mother said he didn't approve of Karen's decision to participate in the show but my guess is that he felt it reflected badly on them/him. And the mother's reaction when Karen said she might faint at the wedding wasn't really of concern for her daughter. She said, "We can't have that." To me, it seemed like the idea of Karen passing out would be embarrassing and somehow reflect badly on their family. Maybe her parents were older when she was born? Or perhaps just *very* concerned about appearances and raised her to be as well. Maybe trying out for the show was Karen's way of rebelling. For all we know, the guy with the side baby might have been vetted and approved of by her parents. Maybe she's sick of "towing the company line" as you said but when it comes down to actually being in a marriage with Miles she's still stuck in her old, comfortable ways of being. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I really think this is the origin of her problems. Her father refusing to be filmed at their wedding (or not attending at all? Again, I don't remember). I think the mother said he didn't approve of Karen's decision to participate in the show but my guess is that he felt it reflected badly on them/him. And the mother's reaction when Karen said she might faint at the wedding wasn't really of concern for her daughter. She said, "We can't have that." To me, it seemed like the idea of Karen passing out would be embarrassing and somehow reflect badly on their family. Maybe her parents were older when she was born? Or perhaps just *very* concerned about appearances and raised her to be as well. Maybe trying out for the show was Karen's way of rebelling. For all we know, the guy with the side baby might have been vetted and approved of by her parents. Maybe she's sick of "towing the company line" as you said but when it comes down to actually being in a marriage with Miles she's still stuck in her old, comfortable ways of being. 

I don't think Karen's parents were older in age when Karen was born, I think they might be those Jack and Jill types.  Some of them are more concerned with the way things look than the way things are.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I am so tired of Olivia. My family all watches this show and we text about it (rough times during Covid!). Dour is the word I came up with to describe her. My sister and her husband are team Olivia though and dubbed him "The Douche". My aunt then proclaimed them "The Dour and The Douche"......A new buddy cop show coming to CBS spring 2021! 😜

I am seriously over the piling on of what an asshole Brett is on Unfiltered. I think it's totally shitty. He hasn't done anything as awful as Brandon, Luke, Zach or Matt, but he is being totally vilified. Why I wonder???? Sure he's smug and flippant, but his wife is not exactly a prize either!

Honestly, I just think they are a complete mismatch. They would probably be better with someone else. Ditto Henry and Christina. Instead, they are all bringing out the worst in each other. Unlike.......

Amelia and Bennett and Woody and Amani. I find it interesting that we were only shown Dr. Robot visiting the struggling couples. The two rock star couples got to navigate their exercises (or maybe Sexercises for Woody and Amani!) without her guidance. I freaking love Woody and Amani. Best couple in MAFS history. There, I said it. And I loved her white dress and necklace.

Miles and Karen are there too. Ok. ZZZZZZ.......

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

The pain in the ass who was on Season 2 who cried at the alter when she met Doug for the first time.  She just gave birth in a baby pool with her second child on live t.v.  She’s a fame whore on this show called “Unfiltered”.

Season 1.  

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

Miles is a man of my heart.  If someone made a special meal for me and then spontaneously asked a crowd to join in, I would be upset, too.  Don't be messing with my food.

Miles is to Lobster Mac as Iris is to Her Lemonade.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Well, there ya go Henry, that's what you get for opening up to ChristinA.   She's such a turd.

What a self-absorbed, unempathetic, response she gave! Here he is finally opening up to her, she's all "🙄🙄🙄get over it." I understand why Henry isn't liking her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Brett is such an asshole. The sarcasm would drive me insane. When Olivia said that Brett "lives far away" and she'd have a long commute and then said it would be 30-35 minutes, I had to laugh. I live in NYC and it can take an hour on the subway to go 10 miles.

LOL, I thought the same thing.  I've telecommuted for 20 years now, but when I worked in an office, my commute was an hour w/o traffic.  With traffic, sometimes 2.  I don't blame someone for not wanting to move further out, but I expected her to say an hour commute.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I remember her saying once he won't tell her what his goals in marriage are.  Major eyeroll by me.  Olivia is getting heartsick over the prospect of losing the lifestyle that she loves.  She doesn't want to compromise on any of it, so she keeps finding fault with everything he does, says or doesn't say, while still acknowledging she likes and is attracted to him.   What a conundrum.  

She’ll never make it thru a marriage.  There are too many ups and downs .. some you don’t like, but have to suck it up.  I don’t think she’s for marriage.  She’s in fantasy land.  Too many expectations that might not happen.  Then, if there’s kids, she’ll have to go on the back burner and forget about seeing the world and traveling.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

What has Woody said about his dating history that makes you say that? I don't remember.

I thought it was said or hinted, at least, that he was a player and that was why some of his friends were surprised he was getting married. 

• Love 8