Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Compromising Positions

• Start Topic

Eric worries about Larissa's surgery.  Karine looks into leaving the US. Chaos ensues at Angela and Michael's pre-wedding celebrations.  Kalani questions the future of her marriage.  Colt makes a scandalous revelation.  Andrei's shady past is revealed.

Airs August 30, 2020.

Wait a minute, it's coming back to me.  Most of it was Larissa and Eric going to a plastic surgeon to discuss her "boobie job" and trying on various prosthetic breasts to get an idea of the various sizes. She actually wanted "high and fake looking" but the doctor talked her into downsizing a bit. 

that's all I remember

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Wait a minute, it's coming back to me.  Most of it was Larissa and Eric going to a plastic surgeon to discuss her "boobie job" and trying on various prosthetic breasts to get an idea of the various sizes. She actually wanted "high and fake looking" but the doctor talked her into downsizing a bit. 

that's all I remember

I saw it yesterday and barely remember! Oh yeah, Andrei and Family Libby stomping grapes.

And Karine seeing a lawyer. Pierre-y was cute, though.

• Love 1

Watching now.  Fast forwarded through the boob job stuff.  No one cares.  When Karine showed up to the lawyer I half expected the lawyer to say, "Oh my God!  YOU MARRIED PAUL??  Let's fast track you outta here, girl!"

Angela:  "The wedding is just a few days away!  There are still a few things we have to do!!  Like punch Michael in the throat!"  Kidding about that last sentence.....or am I??

Angela mopes that her mom, grandkids and Skyla can't be there, but forget to mention the incarcerated daughter.  Then she tries to peddle that because it has been thirty years since her first marriage, that THIS is her first marriage.  Try again, hag, this is your second marriage and wedding.

Family Libby is drilling Andrei on why he didn't marry a pretty Moldavian girl.  Jenn:  "Why?  Do they have attitudes?"  Andrei:  "Like you?  Yes."  OH SNAP!

Play a drinking game every time Family Libby says "We are watching him" or Angela mentions her family can't be there.

One more thing:  It really irks me when people tell little kids not to cry.  Let them cry, dammit!!!  Let them FEEL!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Angela mopes that her mom, grandkids and Skyla can't be there, but forget to mention the incarcerated daughter.

Oh yes, selecting the 8 roses for the bouquet representing Grandma, Skyla and the six grandchildren's birthstone colors. She's conveniently forgotten Jailbird Scottie. I wonder if Angela has disowned her

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Watched the 20 minute preview.

Wondered why the plastic surgeon did not send Larissa to a psychologist to talk about her need for plastic surgery. She just seems to feel like she should look like some fake blowup doll so she has some value, worth, and self-esteem. Some women do want to look like that but many women have interesting careers and lives. The doctor informing her about her better quality of life? Seriously? A woman who has major burns, or needs reconstructive surgery, or other quality of life issues may protest. Have no idea if Larissa will ever have enough surgery.

Karine, you really didn't get anywhere with the lawyer. Pole does have rights to his son and you simply can't go back to Brazil with Pierrey whenever you like. He has to approve you going there. He can cause significant consequences to you. Granted, he does not have much money.

Angela, $95 worth of flowers? Yeah, Michael is right. It goes out of the food and reception/party budget.

• Love 5

Oh I watched it, too, I'll admit it. I watched it last night on demand, and sat through it again tonight. I have no life, lol. Actually it was on in the background while I did other things tonight. Rather uneventful episode. I'm just waiting for Kalani/Asuelo/Give me money in-laws drama. I've seen enough of Libby and Andreiii...another wedding? Please.  Lets just cut to the chase and find out what the big mystery of why Andreeii went to Ireland, if there is any damming reason. Syngin and Tania, lets just get on with things, where is this even headed? Get a job Syngin, it's that simple. Is it me or is this season moving kinda slow?

• Love 8

Yes, the preview of Karine talking to the attorney was sad.    However, if she manages to flee to Brazil, I don't see anything happening to her for custody, unless she comes back to the U.S. at some point.  The authorities in Brazil haven't been very sympathetic to custody orders for U.S. dual citizenship children, with U.S. parents.     

She'll never get child support out of Pole anyway, since he's only surviving on TLC money.    I suspect a lo of her depression issues, and unhappiness with her life her stem from Pole's constant harassment, and monitoring of her every move, and claiming she's cheating on him.    I'm really worried for her, and Pierrey, and hope they stay safe, and away from Pole.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13

That plastic surgeon was reprehensible. Yes, he talked Larissa down a size in her boobies, but said that a size larger would make her look fat, and that her nose was too big. Gross. I know that most of his work he s based on people’s insecurities, but no need to increase them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, rlc said:

That plastic surgeon was reprehensible. Yes, he talked Larissa down a size in her boobies, but said that a size larger would make her look fat, and that her nose was too big. Gross. I know that most of his work he s based on people’s insecurities, but no need to increase them.

I was shocked when he said something like Larissa having plastic surgery would "greatly improve her quality of life" when she wants it strictly for cosmetic reasons. It's not like she had a facial abnormality, was disfigured in an accident, lost her breast to cancer, or even had a deviated septum. Plus I hate that she blames not liking her breasts on her children! What a self-centered bitch. I also couldn't believe it when Doctor Smith complimented her "beautiful lips and cheeks" because I think they look horrible. Meanwhile, her duck lipped "friend" Heather, the injectionist (is that a word?) who brought her to the appointment, sits there encouraging her. Does Heather get a bounty for every patient she refers? 

• Love 22
5 hours ago, rlc said:

THIS. I feel like half the plastic surgeons have a job because they play to people's insecurities. 

This is me. (And my daughter eating my head.) My nose is crooked. It's losing cartilage thanks to my VEDS and it gets worse and worse every year. I can no longer breathe through it. When I visited the plastic surgeon not only did he want to repair my nose, but he tried to talk me into getting a tummy tuck, boobie job-ee, and my eyes done. I went in feeling bad about my nose and left feeling bad about everything else.

I think Larissa looks fine. But because this doctor appeared on TV she'll get all that work done for free. 

261414020_Screenshot_20200829-1923032.thumb.png.26de8add8022abf6c1aad804b15365ba.png

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

THIS. I feel like half the plastic surgeons have a job because they play to people's insecurities. 

This is me. (And my daughter eating my head.) My nose is crooked. It's losing cartilage thanks to my VEDS and it gets worse and worse every year. I can no longer breathe through it. When I visited the plastic surgeon not only did he want to repair my nose, but he tried to talk me into getting a tummy tuck, boobie job-ee, and my eyes done. I went in feeling bad about my nose and left feeling bad about everything else.

I think Larissa looks fine. But because this doctor appeared on TV she'll get all that work done for free. 

261414020_Screenshot_20200829-1923032.thumb.png.26de8add8022abf6c1aad804b15365ba.png

That’s terrible, and you’re beautiful. I hope you found a better and more responsible doctor.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, rlc said:

That’s terrible, and you’re beautiful. I hope you found a better and more responsible doctor.

Yeah, eventually. And thank you. 😊

I'm finding this whole storyline with Larissa, Coltee, and Vanessa/Jessica really odd. All of it feels fake. I have no doubt, though, that we'll soon see bigger boobies on Larissa. That much is probably real. 

• Love 7

From friends who have consulted cosmetic plastic surgeons, up selling is fairly common at the cosmetic only places. .   A friend lost a lot of weight, and wanted the bat wing arms done.   The surgeon proposed an 8 to 10 hour procedure with bat wing arm fixed, and thigh, and tummy tuck, and other things.   The worst part?   He wanted to do this at the operating room at his clinic, not at a surgical center near the hospital.   My friend said no to everything (she's a physician too, and was horrified at what the surgeon suggested, and where he wanted to do the surgery).  

Larissa might need a nose job, but not everything else she wants.  

If a patient is turned down for plastic surgery that is just cosmetic, and the surgeon considers unnecessary, they just go to another doctor.    That's how you end up with people that are caricatures of what they used to look like, and have ruined their body.    There are great cosmetic surgeons out there, and you need to find someone that is going to do the best for the patient.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Larissa's friend was an "injectionist," which, according to Larissa, made her an expert on everything about plastic surgery.  At the plastic surgeon's office, we find out that her expertise comes from her own procedures.  I think that she gets a referral fee or free services for herself from this plastic surgeon.  

The undertones of the consultation scene were disturbing.  Larissa explained her desire was bimbofication.  And, Eric-y and her friend were cheering her on - even though it's not for Eric-y's benefit or pleasure.  TLC is normalizing fetishism.  Larissa's is more obvious than Angela-Michael'sn (which I learned from this forum).  

• Love 3

Agree with you all that Larissa's trip to the plastic surgeon was disturbing.  I understand that some women, even men, get plastic surgery to feel better about themselves and that's fine, but I think there should be mandatory visits to a psychologist/psychiatrist first if there isn't an obvious abnormality or reason.  Or maybe just someone in-house at the plastic surgeon 's office to talk to and that (qualified) person can prescribe further consultation if it seems warranted..  Some patients are so insecure no amount of surgery will make them feel better about themselves and they should deal with that first.

• Love 4
On 8/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, magemaud said:

that's all I remember

Did the doctor talk about whether he would put the implants under the muscle or not?

• Love 1
On 8/28/2020 at 11:20 PM, Frozendiva said:

Wondered why the plastic surgeon did not send Larissa to a psychologist to talk about her need for plastic surgery. She just seems to feel like she should look like some fake blowup doll so she has some value, worth, and self-esteem. Some women do want to look like that but many women have interesting careers and lives. The doctor informing her about her better quality of life? Seriously? A woman who has major burns, or needs reconstructive surgery, or other quality of life issues may protest. Have no idea if Larissa will ever have enough surgery.

Exactly. And in the current state of everything in this world, it was especially infuriating to me to listen to her, with her fake con-artist smile and batting her eyes, insist she "needed" plastic surgery, how awful and "fat" her nose was, and Erickee's phony comments about "if it makes her feel good about herself and she's doing it for the right reasons" [insert exaggerated hand motions here].  There are people who are without jobs, the country is in turmoil, and you have children you have basically dumped on others and you are acting like getting your boobs enhanced and your "horrendous" nose shaved down are necessities? Please, take a seat. Hopefully on a seat in a plane headed to Brazil.

Edited by KateHearts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did the doctor talk about whether he would put the implants under the muscle or not?

No, just the desired size, and said things like “sometimes a little fake looking is sexy” but I begrudgingly give him credit for discussing the risks of the plastic surgery, although Eric appeared to be the only one concerned. 

• Love 2

Depends on the plastic surgeon.  Takes time to find the right surgeon, but the right ones will truly consult with you to do the best things possible for yourself.

The one that Larissa went to was reprehensible.  Putting in her brain that she could look "fat", or that her nose was too large and bulbous....I wanted to throw things at the t.v.

Full disclosure:  I'm in my late 50's, and I've had plastic surgery from different doctors.  I have never had one single comment similar to what was mentioned by this doctor.  Not even remotely.  I've been talked out of more than I've done.  I think the duck lips look horrendous, as do the frozen-faced fillers.  But at one point I wanted an eyebrow lift (talked out of it), a lower face lift (talked out of it....for now), and a few other things.  I did have a nose job, among other things, but I wanted the most natural, almost-the-same-as-what-nature-gave-me, and that's what I got.  

So these good doctors have performed minimal surgeries on me with very nice, natural-looking results.  This guy that Larissa is going to should get his license suspended.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 5
On 8/28/2020 at 10:15 PM, magemaud said:

Oh yes, selecting the 8 roses for the bouquet representing Grandma, Skyla and the six grandchildren's birthstone colors. She's conveniently forgotten Jailbird Scottie. I wonder if Angela has disowned her

Look, I am a pretty forgiving person.  Sharp Entertainment:  "She has a record?  For what you say?  Oh wait....it is FOR WHAT?  Angela, mention her and you are cut out of the show."

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Look, I am a pretty forgiving person.  Sharp Entertainment:  "She has a record?  For what you say?  Oh wait....it is FOR WHAT?  Angela, mention her and you are cut out of the show."

and we're all supposed to forget Scottie was the daughter whom we "met" in the first season with Angela (seems like decades ago) although some more casual viewers probably didn't notice the daughter switcheroo. 

• Love 4

Angela was her disgusting self when choosing her bouquet.  Her weeping just made her moreso.

In both talking heads, she said that she had her family in her heart and mind to justify the larger, more expensive bouquet for herself.  But, the family doesn't sanction the wedding or marriage to Michael.  The mother told Angela to do whatever she wanted, and Skyla refused to serve as a witness, and unlike Angela, was concerned about Angela's mother's health.  Skyla discussed her decision to skip the wedding with Angela's mother before she told Angela.  Angela didn't even consider a bouqet for her maid of honor, Sissy.

Worse, she took the budget for food and drink - which was subsidized by Michael's family and would show hospitality toward them - to buy the larger bouquet for herself.  When Michael protested, she completely dismissed his concern.  She never thought to incorporate anything about hi in the wedding, althogh he said that she's his queen (gag).  She could have cut costs by bringing a bouquet with artificial flowers with her or using the actual birth month flowers of each of the family members.  

I admired that the florist (with the Australian accent) could feign sympathy when Angela wept and keep a straight face throughout the entire appointment.  

• Love 14

Based on the preview, I wonder if TLC is accelerating the Paul and Karine story to catch up to current events and to cut down on their appearances.  They get very little airtime and aren't included every week.  Unfortunately, that seems to result in more airtime for Angela and Larissa and Eric-y.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Angela was her disgusting self when choosing her bouquet.  Her weeping just made her moreso.

In both talking heads, she said that she had her family in her heart and mind to justify the larger, more expensive bouquet for herself.  But, the family doesn't sanction the wedding or marriage to Michael.  The mother told Angela to do whatever she wanted, and Skyla refused to serve as a witness, and unlike Angela, was concerned about Angela's mother's health.  Skyla discussed her decision to skip the wedding with Angela's mother before she told Angela.  Angela didn't even consider a bouqet for her maid of honor, Sissy.

Worse, she took the budget for food and drink - which was subsidized by Michael's family and would show hospitality toward them - to buy the larger bouquet for herself.  When Michael protested, she completely dismissed his concern.  She never thought to incorporate anything about hi in the wedding, althogh he said that she's his queen (gag).  She could have cut costs by bringing a bouquet with artificial flowers with her or using the actual birth month flowers of each of the family members.  

I admired that the florist (with the Australian accent) could feign sympathy when Angela wept and keep a straight face throughout the entire appointment.  

100% this.  Or....just a thought......"Yes, here is the color of my dress, what do you recommend for a small, flattering, budget friendly bouquet for me?  This is the color of my maid of honor, what do you think goes well?"  She did not even ASK Michael what color his boutinerre (sp?) is, as they are supposed to coordinate.  Then again, it is all about Angela, all the time.

• Love 5

She did mention ordering a corsage for JoJo and maybe they just didn't show her directing what color/flower boutonniere she wanted Michael to wear with the suits that she bought at the Hazelton "Pimps R Us." That reminds me, didn't she get him red shoes and a red cummerbund to go with his white suit? If it's for the wedding, that's going to clash badly with her bouquet. Or maybe Michael's red accessories are for the reception since she's wearing a red dress to it. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm seriously hoping that when Family Libby finds out why Andrei left Moldova it's going to be a reason that makes them feel like real assholes. 

I hope you are right, their stupid obsession is ridiculous 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Does Eric REALLY expect us to believe that Larissa's NOSE is the "thing he loves about her the most"? 

Does Erik really expect Larissa to pay him back?  One’s more stupid than the other.  I can’t stand Larissa.

Two hours watching and no weddings, nothing.  Who wants to see grapes stomped on?

Im actually liking Andrei more.  Libby family a pain in the ass.

when is this shit show over?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I've had surgery since the photo was taken. Still having trouble breathing, but it turns out it wasn't totally a nose issue.

I have Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and am limited when it comes to surgeons. Some won't touch me because I have to have a vascular surgeon in the room in addition to whatever else I'm having done. I've had 26 surgeries in the past 8 years and it's been challenging to say the least. 

MamaDrama, (off topic) but my daughter has the hEDS.   Do you have the elastic skin symptoms with your VEDS, and difficulty healing well after surgery?  We have a great new EDS doc at IU (Indy) if you don't have someone with that specific specialty.   You have one of the scariest versions of EDS, so I give you all the kudos in the world!

• Love 1

I am having a hard time with some of these storylines, because they are clearly manufactured drama.

Michael knows Angela doesn't want him within 90 feet of a woman under 70 and yet he allowed his friends to arrange a joint bachelor/ette party at a strip club.

I don't know if it's because the cameras were there, but Karine wasn't given good legal advice.  If she were to go back to Brazil with their son, Paul doesn't appear to have the funds that would be required for what would be a lengthy legal battle.

Seems to me that if anything, family Libby should have had Andrei investigated before they were wed.  It's like closing the barn door after the horse had already gotten out.  

I believe the less said about the ridiculous Colt/Jess/Debbie/Carmen/Larissa/Eric storylines the better.  

• Love 8

Pole the Pr**ck and Karine scared me tonight...I did not like it when he seemed like he was ready to lose it on her for seeing the lawyer and how DARE she call an Uber all on her own! 

Momma Debbie sure high-tailed it out of the room!  And all Jess had to do was pull out naked pictures of Coltee!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm so confused about even the possibility of Angela's bouquet.  Dark blue (September), brownish (November), and light blue (March).  That isn't what she was shown.  So she's spending a lot of money on something that doesn't even have the meaning she wants.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2020 at 8:51 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

From friends who have consulted cosmetic plastic surgeons, up selling is fairly common at the cosmetic only places. .   A friend lost a lot of weight, and wanted the bat wing arms done.   The surgeon proposed an 8 to 10 hour procedure with bat wing arm fixed, and thigh, and tummy tuck, and other things.   The worst part?   He wanted to do this at the operating room at his clinic, not at a surgical center near the hospital.   My friend said no to everything (she's a physician too, and was horrified at what the surgeon suggested, and where he wanted to do the surgery).  

Larissa might need a nose job, but not everything else she wants.  

If a patient is turned down for plastic surgery that is just cosmetic, and the surgeon considers unnecessary, they just go to another doctor.    That's how you end up with people that are caricatures of what they used to look like, and have ruined their body.    There are great cosmetic surgeons out there, and you need to find someone that is going to do the best for the patient.  

I think Kanye’s mother died after having a marathon cosmetic surgery session.  And the second husband of Marilyn Miglin (played by Judith Light in the FX Versace/Cunanan show).

23 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Larissa explained her desire was bimbofication.  

In the second hour she was idolizing a mannequin .

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I suspect that the attorney telling Karine to leave with Pierrey to Brazil against Pole's wishes would get the attorney in serious trouble with the court.    She's an officer of the court, and advice like that would be a big no-no.  

However, if Karine manages to leave, and never come back, then what is Pole going to do?    It would cost a whole lot of money to fight a court case in Brazil, and I'm hoping that someone in Brazil saw footage of Pole, and his complete record of stalking, and his convictions, and ban him from the country.   I'm not sure Karine would be allowed to take Pierre with her against Pole's wishes.   

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Retired floral designer here and that’s  exactly what the consultant should have lead her to do ,have flowers of their birth months. She actually said I want each color coming down. What on a string?   Hauling out polyester flowers in those colors because blue roses are hard to come by.   I’m remembering her going to consult on the outdoor goofy theme shindig. That guy was priceless. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect that the attorney telling Karine to leave with Pierrey to Brazil against Pole's wishes would get the attorney in serious trouble with the court.    She's an officer of the court, and advice like that would be a big no-no.  

However, if Karine manages to leave, and never come back, then what is Pole going to do?    It would cost a whole lot of money to fight a court case in Brazil, and I'm hoping that someone in Brazil saw footage of Pole, and his complete record of stalking, and his convictions, and ban him from the country.   I'm not sure Karine would be allowed to take Pierre with her against Pole's wishes.   

She didn't tell her to leave, though.  She told Karine that she could leave and return, but she would definitely recommend that she go on good terms with the father because he had the same rights she did and there would most likely be consequences if she just left. 

• Love 10