Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

What's everyone's favorite way to watch the show if they don't actually get CMT on their cable system? Still debating which route I want to go or if I even want to bother watching this season.  How much does it cost to BUY the season on iTunes? TIA.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What's everyone's favorite way to watch the show if they don't actually get CMT on their cable system? Still debating which route I want to go or if I even want to bother watching this season.  How much does it cost to BUY the season on iTunes? TIA.

Assuming CMT posts the episodes in a timely manner, you can use a one-time viewing pass. All you have to do is erase all visits to the CMT website from your history and use a random email address each time. No idea what it costs to buy the season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Ok this might be a controversial opinion, but maybe this is the caliber of girls they always get? Like we never get to see full auditions/routines and when we do I know I'm always slightly disappointed. The show is highly edited, and maybe most of the team is just ok, but the editing makes it seem like they are much better than they are. We've also seen some fairly mediocre girls make the team and stay on it so their standards can't be that much higher. Maybe these were actually the best auditions they got, and maybe they're just as good as the rest of the DCC (although some girls on the team are certainly better) 

Also, there is only one TCC younger than 20. A few of the TCC are still in college (and Marissa is just out of High school), but the majority have completed college and some have been to grad school. They do not seem to be much younger than the majority of the team/people trying out in the past. Here is a list of the ages of the TCC:

Alora-Rose: 24

Amelia: 20

Annabelle: 22

Armani: 22

Ashlinn: 21

Cassie: 24

Claire 😧 22

Claire W: 21

Dani: 22

Darian: 24

Elli: 23

Jada: 20

Jaycie: 22

Jessica: 22

Kelly: 20

Marissa: 18

McKenzie: 24

Shannan: 22

Sheridan: 26

Sydney: 27

Tori: 25

Interesting......but while they may not be younger, but they all look younger to me!  They all have that coltish stick straight body that just hasn't developed yet.  

• Love 9

Just a heads up if you do have CMT....they are replaying last season all day Saturday (11/21) but I noticed my guide doesn't show the new episode on 11/24 (so my DVR didn't/hasn't picked it up) they have other shows listed in all the time slots.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Ok this might be a controversial opinion, but maybe this is the caliber of girls they always get? Like we never get to see full auditions/routines and when we do I know I'm always slightly disappointed. The show is highly edited, and maybe most of the team is just ok, but the editing makes it seem like they are much better than they are. We've also seen some fairly mediocre girls make the team and stay on it so their standards can't be that much higher. Maybe these were actually the best auditions they got, and maybe they're just as good as the rest of the DCC (although some girls on the team are certainly better) 

Also, there is only one TCC younger than 20. A few of the TCC are still in college (and Marissa is just out of High school), but the majority have completed college and some have been to grad school. They do not seem to be much younger than the majority of the team/people trying out in the past. Here is a list of the ages of the TCC:

Alora-Rose: 24

Amelia: 20

Annabelle: 22

Armani: 22

Ashlinn: 21

Cassie: 24

Claire 😧 22

Claire W: 21

Dani: 22

Darian: 24

Elli: 23

Jada: 20

Jaycie: 22

Jessica: 22

Kelly: 20

Marissa: 18

McKenzie: 24

Shannan: 22

Sheridan: 26

Sydney: 27

Tori: 25

I agree with you on the caliber of girls. These are prelim videos — even if auditions had been held in person, they all would have made it through prelims because they’re pretty enough, in shape and show musicality. We’re judging them like they’re auditioning for finals. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

lol as I rewatch seasons I start thinking that too. 
like the ep when the rookie girl missed the bus for the stadium for their very first game. Idk what made me think “this seems hella fake”. Maybe it’s because they never explained her reason for missing the bus. 

Oh that was Jordan who missed the bus & i've always wondered why she missed the bus. I mean did she really just not hear her alarm? Seemed very contrived to me & she took one for the team...

8 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

lol as I rewatch seasons I start thinking that too. 
like the ep when the rookie girl missed the bus for the stadium for their very first game. Idk what made me think “this seems hella fake”. Maybe it’s because they never explained her reason for missing the bus. 

She didn't hear her alarm.

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

And surely they were communicating by cell phone?

They probably expected her to show up at any minute, then, when they absolutely HAD to leave, they probably had other things on their minds.

31 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Oh that was Jordan who missed the bus & i've always wondered why she missed the bus. I mean did she really just not hear her alarm? Seemed very contrived to me & she took one for the team...

Oh, it's TOTALLY possible.  I know of someone who can sleep through FIVE alarms and only then drag her body out of bed.  One of my college roommates had an alarm that gradually got louder the longer she ignored it BECAUSE she would ignore her alarm every morning.  I'm not saying that Jordan did either of these things, but if she stayed up too late the night before or got too exhausted in the days and weeks leading up to the game (which is totally possible the way they push these girls), I can totally see her oversleeping and, when she gets up and sees the time, goes into big-time scramble mode.   I could give other examples, but I'm sure a lot of people here have stories either from personal experience of oversleeping and having an "Oh sh*t!" moment or hearing about it from someone who has. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Opine said:

Interesting......but while they may not be younger, but they all look younger to me!  They all have that coltish stick straight body that just hasn't developed yet.  

I think this is result of changes in fitness culture and weight lifting for women. In previous seasons it seems like many of the girls don't work out at all besides dance and were skinny but not athletically fit (I'm thinking of Taylor who Cassie bitched at). More and more women are working out and lifting weights so DCC overall are trending towards more muscular girls who lack the 'womanly' curve of previous cheerleaders making them seem younger. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I think this is result of changes in fitness culture and weight lifting for women. In previous seasons it seems like many of the girls don't work out at all besides dance and were skinny but not athletically fit (I'm thinking of Taylor who Cassie bitched at). More and more women are working out and lifting weights so DCC overall are trending towards more muscular girls who lack the 'womanly' curve of previous cheerleaders making them seem younger. 

I actually disagree... while the majority of these girls are introducing lifting into their routines, they aren't lifting nearly heavy enough to get significantly more muscular. The TC's this round look noodly, as in thin but not muscular. 

For the team in general, there are some exceptions which more fit your theory - Lisa for example. She's crazy muscular but still has some feminine curves. But then again, there was a TC a few seasons ago who was told to STOP lifting weights because she was TOO muscular (blanking on the name). 

Idk if it's a change in diet/nutrition over the last the decade or we've just become jaded/older as an audience, but it seems like girls in general aren't "filling out" as early as they used to. Personally, I think it's the latter. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

I actually disagree... while the majority of these girls are introducing lifting into their routines, they aren't lifting nearly heavy enough to get significantly more muscular. The TC's this round look noodly, as in thin but not muscular. 

For the team in general, there are some exceptions which more fit your theory - Lisa for example. She's crazy muscular but still has some feminine curves. But then again, there was a TC a few seasons ago who was told to STOP lifting weights because she was TOO muscular (blanking on the name). 

Idk if it's a change in diet/nutrition over the last the decade or we've just become jaded/older as an audience, but it seems like girls in general aren't "filling out" as early as they used to. Personally, I think it's the latter. 

You might be right! I was honestly really thinking about Elli's body type and her workout routines. I'm a biological anthropologist and your idea is really intriguing. Because of modern diets, girls are going through puberty much earlier so you would think that they would also "fill out" earlier, I wonder why that doesn't seem to be happening (at least to these girls, I'm 23 and all of my friends and I have 'normal' body types). I still think fit women in 2020 have lower body fat % than fit women in 2005, so they have less curve but some of the TCC really are noodly like you pointed out. 

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

This a little random but speaking of the interviews, I felt bad for the girl who was asked if the girl makes the uniform or the uniform makes the girl (can’t remember if she made the squad) She said she would make the uniform and Judy HATED that answer. 

I think with a little further explanation she would have had a good answer. 

If anyone could just put on the uniform and represent dcc then their entire audition and interview process would be pointless. The uniform isn’t the one talking to “the general of the army”, the uniform isn’t lifting the spirits of Vets and soldiers overseas. 

The uniform has a history and sets the expectation, but the girl brings it to life and has to live up to it. 

We can move this to the Past Seasons thread, but that girl was a veteran and she got cut!  I think that was such an unfair question. The way Judy acted, you would have thought the girl had said she'd set the uniform on fire or something.  Her answer was perfectly fine!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

or for me.....it's just me getting older 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sara 1 said:

Do any of these girls have an power or pizzazz???  She is pretty (albeit with that typical over processed blonde colored hair) and she's not a "bad" dancer but her leaps are very weak...Even Jada, who is one of my faves, was soft.  Claire W has probably had the best video, and even her video was lackluster 😞 I want to see some power.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 20
56 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Do any of these girls have an power or pizzazz???  She is pretty (albeit with that typical over processed blonde colored hair) and she's not a "bad" dancer but her leaps are very weak...Even Jada, who is one of my faves, was soft.  Claire W has probably had the best video, and even her video was lackluster 😞 I want to see some power.

I was always very underwhelmed by Jessica on Texas Pom. Very pretty girl in a generic kind of way, but never a powerful dancer.

16 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

This a little random but speaking of the interviews, I felt bad for the girl who was asked if the girl makes the uniform or the uniform makes the girl (can’t remember if she made the squad) She said she would make the uniform and Judy HATED that answer. 

That was 2nd year vet Lauren Castillo and she was cut for that. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Are these videos on slow motion or something? I agree with the lack of power, pop & punch. Has she never watched Kitty rip into the girls? So many of the DCC moves done badly, or I should say mediocrely... 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Are these videos on slow motion or something? I agree with the lack of power, pop & punch. Has she never watched Kitty rip into the girls? So many of the DCC moves done badly, or I should say mediocrely... 

This may be the argument to bring back Kitty. They all clearly need some help!

• Love 10

It is interesting to see the lack of "power, pop, and projection" in these videos, and it helps me understand that K & J aren't just saying that all the time to hear themselves talk. These dancers need to hear it! And I agree, @Jesiklyn, that some Kitty performance training would not be out of order, even if she never comes back onto the show (which is fine by me). These videos also help me appreciate the editing work done in the audition rounds of earlier seasons of this show, which I think does make the dances look better because we see such quick splices instead of a full round of choreography. Also, as much as I dislike and find some of the audition choreo awkward some years, seeing all this other uninspired or uneven choero makes me appreciate the audition combos they have to learn each year all the more. 

• Love 11

ALERT!!!! A sneak peak is on at 830 am on Wed! Yep Wednesday MORNING.  I can't reply but I can edit. It is eastern time. I saw it on my guide on Dish.

Edited by Opine
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Opine said:

ALERT!!!! A sneak peak is on at 830 am on Wed! Yep Wednesday MORNING.  I can't reply but I can edit. It is eastern time. I saw it on my guide on Dish.

2 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

What time zone?

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

We’re did you see that posted at 

Sneak Peak at 7:55 am to 8:00 am (5 mins) Central Time on CMT.  I just set my timer 😄 eek. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kees080 said:

Sneak Peak at 7:55 am to 8:00 am (5 mins) Central Time on CMT.  I just set my timer 😄 eek. 

I wonder if it’s just a compile of what they have already posted on the making the team ig 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder if it’s just a compile of what they have already posted on the making the team ig 

That would be my guess.  

Maybe a little of the KaShara tour of the bubble as well?  

On 11/15/2020 at 10:12 PM, vanillagum said:

power to them for having the privilege of having no real responsibilities and parents who are able to bankroll their jobless new life in a city they may not even need to be in for more than two weeks?

If I told my parents at age 18 that I was doing that?  Ummm....I don't want to think about what their reaction would have been to an announcement that I'm going to bypass college for what basically amounts to a time consuming hobby (being that the pay is low).  Yes, I know you can always go back (I went back for a 2nd BS at age 31 when I wanted a career change), but there are many who don't.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

If I told my parents at age 18 that I was doing that?  Ummm....I don't want to think about what their reaction would have been to an announcement that I'm going to bypass college for what basically amounts to a time consuming hobby (being that the pay is low).  Yes, I know you can always go back (I went back for a 2nd BS at age 31 when I wanted a career change), but there are many who don't.

Yeah, I'd rather be a relatively older DCC who went to college with her peer group (NOT that that's the only way to do it) than a baby DCC who had to leave the squad, get accustomed to the real world again, and play catch up in college down the line. You'd also prob get more dance/pom experience in college that would help you a LOT. 

They expect you to go go school/work at the same time, but that's not really realistic, as we've seen plenty. Does anyone know of any DCC who legit go/went to college the same time they were/are on the squad? I know Victoria supposedly does, but like...lol

I giggle every time I see 18-yo Gina Marie setting up her apartment (in the same complex as Chandi, zomg!!) only to get the boot like five minutes later. I just get the feeling these are girls who are rarely told no.

I also just feel like it'd be a more fulfilling experience when you're at least a little older. You'd probably feel WAY less out of your depth, like GM. And with more experience in life and dance you'd be more powerful and confident on the field and getting choreo would be easier. 

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Milan was a full time student at SMU and carried a 4.0 GPA. 

Oh, right. But we saw how big a thing that was

Didn't she get sh*t on for not having the time to try out for show group and then also leave in the middle of her second season for school reasons? lmao

• Love 9
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Oh, right. But we saw how big a thing that was

Didn't she get sh*t on for not having the time to try out for show group and then also leave in the middle of her second season for school reasons? lmao

And didn't some conjecture (I personally have no idea) that there was some resentment toward Blonde Hannah and her Business degree that might have led to her veteran cut and not the weight gain that they said?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Does anyone know of any DCC who legit go/went to college the same time they were/are on the squad?

Milan was a full time student at SMU and carried a 4.0 GPA. 

Also Amy Trader and Melissa Wallace, both engineering students.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Also Amy Trader and Melissa Wallace, both engineering students.

I thought Amy had recently graduated and or Melissa was on the cusp of graduating? I remember Melissa talking about finals and I guess assumed that was her senior year

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I thought Amy had recently graduated and or Melissa was on the cusp of graduating? I remember Melissa talking about finals and I guess assumed that was her senior year

If I remember correctly, they were going to go to graduate school?

37 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Okay, I know this because I am a big Melissa W. fan - I think she is an amazing dancer and as someone with two engineering degrees, I know just how hard she much have been working while doing school and DCC. When they introduce her in her first season, she says she just finished her junior year at SMU so she spent her senior year there while also being a DCC, which had to take real dedication. She mentions finishing up in December, so I think she went an extra semester which makes sense since she also had a dance minor and probably took a slightly lighter course load while being a DCC. 

This article I found about her gave some info about her degree/work and DCC:

http://stem-works.com/subjects/17-medical-innovations/cool_jobs/390

Edited by MelissaB326
Spelling
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Okay, I know this because I am a big Melissa W. fan - I think she is an amazing dancer and as someone with two engineering degrees, I know just how hard she much have been working while doing school and DCC. When they introduce her in her first season, she says she just finished her junior year at SMU so she spent her senior year there while also being a DCC, which had to take real dedication. She mentions finishing up in December, so I think she went an extra semester which makes sense since she also had a dance minor and probably took a slightly lighter course load while being a DCC. 

This article I found about her gave some info about her degree/work and DCC:

http://stem-works.com/subjects/17-medical-innovations/cool_jobs/390

Wow, I am so impressed with someone who can hold down a demanding degree program and do something like DCC, which is basically a full-time job.  I was so lazy in college compared to some of these girls!  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Sara 1 said:

Must be the year of the redheads for me because I really liked her video! She's got more power than most of the others have had. She's gorgeous too in an uncoventional way.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

If I remember correctly, they were going to go to graduate school?

I have no idea about Amy, hard to find info. Also with Melissa, seems like she was at the tail end of college basically and didn't go to grad school immediately after. But this is the wrong thread for this so sorry lol 😕

2 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I'm really surprised they would acknowledge Bridget with that insta post after she tweeted that lmao

2 hours ago, Trixi said:

So far for me, she’s the only one who has shown real power. It will b interesting to see why she didn’t make it. 

omg legit the ONLY one with power 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I'm really surprised they would acknowledge Bridget with that insta post after she tweeted that lmao

She’s smart and knew to make it just subjective enough to go over some people’s heads.
It is apparent by the other DCC’s comments that she was very loved. she clearly put her teammates first over any political games that tptb play and it shows 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sara 1 said:

The return of the trashorama song that no one can find the lyrics to!! (This was the same song from Gina, Bridget, and Lisa's DCC in motion). 

I'm really impressed with her projection (hope I'm using that word correctly lol). Also, she has really beautiful hair. #TeamRedhead

• Love 3
7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

They expect you to go go school/work at the same time, but that's not really realistic, as we've seen plenty. Does anyone know of any DCC who legit go/went to college the same time they were/are on the squad? I know Victoria supposedly does, but like...lol

Claire and Jada are both still full time students, many of the rookies have already graduated according to their social media accounts. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1