Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

If anyone is interested heres the group photo with years:

7F7BE750-79EE-4382-BE1E-2577559F551C.png.a8319500e9837b7710c675c5589500b6.png

Wow!  VK and Kat sure jumped to prominent places!  And only their second year!  Can’t imagine what the future holds for them!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

Wow!  VK and Kat sure jumped to prominent places!  And only their second year!  Can’t imagine what the future holds for them!

I believe Cassie was in one of those spots her rookie year.  Also, I'm waiting to see the team pic with her daughter photoshopped in 😆

Edited by GaveIn
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

I believe Cassie was in one of those spots her rookie year.  Also, I waiting to see the team pic with her daughter photoshopped in 😆

2008 squad photo - rookies Cassie and Kelsi were in those spots and there were several second years right up front, so seniority doesn't mean much all the time

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

2008 squad photo - rookies Cassie and Kelsi were in those spots and there were several second years right up front, so seniority doesn't mean much all the time

Loni was on the ground in front her rookie year & MRS was next to her as a second year.  I feel like it was a couple seasons in MTT when Kelli started stressing the seniority placement and its pretty much been that way since then. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

If anyone is interested heres the group photo with years:

7F7BE750-79EE-4382-BE1E-2577559F551C.png.a8319500e9837b7710c675c5589500b6.png

Not surprised that Rachel W. is the center of the squad photo. Personally, and this is just my opinion, I would have put Maddie at the center since she's a fifth year veteran and it might be her last year. Unless it's Rachel W.'s last year as well, then in that case I would put her in the center of the photo.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Blue hues said:

I personally would have switched Kat or VK with Kelcey. I would love to have the solo photos for each girl in different poses, so that we can create our own squad photo, since the photo this year's photoshopped

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I wondered that...if she just went to a workshop or something of if she actually tried out for the team/show (dance moms or AUDC). Dance Moms is my other guilty pleasure (alright, I'll be honest cause I trust y'all, some real housewives too...OC, ATL, NY,& BH) anyways, I was thinking about that when we were discussing DCC aiming for a younger talent base, they should try to recruit some of the Dance Mom girls. They have a pretty strong fanbase and they won't have to spend so much time telling us how trained/untrained someone might be bc we saw their training lol  

I remember as well, seeing one of the girls from Bring It (damnit add that one to the guilty pleasures) wanted to be a DCC, but I don't know if she ever tried out.   Although the majorette style is different, them preparing for battles is probably a good prep for training camp.  There have been quite of few really good dancers that are also WOC that could potentially be very good DCCs. 

They should really let us help them out with recruiting 😆

I remember Sunjai's mom wanted her to be a DCC.  I don't think she ever tried out and now she has a very womanly figure so that's probably out.  She still dances on her Instagram vids.  She was one of my favorites on Bring It. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah there's been rookies and second years in the front rows of the squad photo for a long time. It depends on several things I guess. Abigail Klein was another girl that was at the front since she first made the team. Alexis was way up there in her second year too.

Yeah Alexis was in Rachel w spot her second year 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

To me, there are about 30 other ladies I'd rather see front and center in the photo than Maddie, so I have no complaints there. I, too, thought Alanna was too far back at first, but it's true the center girls always draw my eye. I do not think she is any kind of dog house with K&J; I think she is a team favorite, an excellent spokeswoman, and a very clean dancer with a killer figure. Marissa looks like a 12-year-old next to her. I do not find her face or personality attractive, but I will try to reserve judgement til the show. Love that Ashlee and Bri got prime spots in the photo, too. Kind of surprised that Amanda did not get bumped up even more this year, as she seems to be the star second-year vet in terms of the triangle. The photo was looking off to me, like everyone on the left looked much taller and a little bigger than the right and I was wondering why they let that slide, and then I realize this photo is taken at an angle, so the girls on the left are closer to the camera. I'm guessing it looks a bit more balanced (aside from almost-buried Marissa) looking at it head-on than it appears here.

I went on iTunes to try to buy the season and it's not even there yet. Am I wrong that the season premieres in 2 days? I will be so annoyed with myself if I've gotten myself pumped for it this week and I have to wait longer! 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I wondered that...if she just went to a workshop or something of if she actually tried out for the team/show (dance moms or AUDC). Dance Moms is my other guilty pleasure (alright, I'll be honest cause I trust y'all, some real housewives too...OC, ATL, NY,& BH) anyways, I was thinking about that when we were discussing DCC aiming for a younger talent base, they should try to recruit some of the Dance Mom girls. They have a pretty strong fanbase and they won't have to spend so much time telling us how trained/untrained someone might be bc we saw their training lol  

I remember as well, seeing one of the girls from Bring It (damnit add that one to the guilty pleasures) wanted to be a DCC, but I don't know if she ever tried out.   Although the majorette style is different, them preparing for battles is probably a good prep for training camp.  There have been quite of few really good dancers that are also WOC that could potentially be very good DCCs. 

They should really let us help them out with recruiting 😆

I watch all those shows as well. I don’t remember Marissa on Dance Moms at all. I tried searching online too. Was it one of the episodes where they auditioned hundreds for a new spot? She definitely wasn’t on one of the competition teams. 

1 hour ago, M1977G said:

To me, there are about 30 other ladies I'd rather see front and center in the photo than Maddie, so I have no complaints there. I, too, thought Alanna was too far back at first, but it's true the center girls always draw my eye. I do not think she is any kind of dog house with K&J; I think she is a team favorite, an excellent spokeswoman, and a very clean dancer with a killer figure. Marissa looks like a 12-year-old next to her. I do not find her face or personality attractive, but I will try to reserve judgement til the show. Love that Ashlee and Bri got prime spots in the photo, too. Kind of surprised that Amanda did not get bumped up even more this year, as she seems to be the star second-year vet in terms of the triangle. The photo was looking off to me, like everyone on the left looked much taller and a little bigger than the right and I was wondering why they let that slide, and then I realize this photo is taken at an angle, so the girls on the left are closer to the camera. I'm guessing it looks a bit more balanced (aside from almost-buried Marissa) looking at it head-on than it appears here.

I went on iTunes to try to buy the season and it's not even there yet. Am I wrong that the season premieres in 2 days? I will be so annoyed with myself if I've gotten myself pumped for it this week and I have to wait longer! 

With iTunes it will be day or two later after the episode 

• Useful 1
On 11/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, Holly85 said:

Row 1: Tess, Lexie, Ashlee, Gina 
R2: Cianna, Caroline, Madi, Rachel W, Savannah, Daphne, Amber
R3: Kat, Erin, other madi, Brianna, Rachel A, Amanda, Taylor, VK
R4: Kristen, Kelsey, Dani, Alanna, jayln, Chandi, and Lisa
R5: Alora, Armani, Marissa, Jada
R6: Sydney, Jessica, Claire, Darian, Elli, McKenzie

9047B078-D00B-4D6E-9B4C-7C321AAADEF0.jpeg

Why is Jada the same height as Marissa?  Isn't Jada one of the tallest on the squad?  The scaling is off, but a nice effort for a photoshop, I guess. 

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Why is Jada the same height as Marissa?  Isn't Jada one of the tallest on the squad?  The scaling is off, but a nice effort for a photoshop, I guess. 

Maybe they gave her a box for height Marissa that is idk 

Edited by Holly85
10 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I remember Sunjai's mom wanted her to be a DCC.  I don't think she ever tried out and now she has a very womanly figure so that's probably out.  She still dances on her Instagram vids.  She was one of my favorites on Bring It. 

That's right, thanks! I need to check out her instagram, she was one of my favorites too!

I really wish they would consider their demographics that actually want to see a womanly figure 😞 I know we've discussed this over & over, but seriously, why do they keep making the shorts worse?! Instead of going for a tight diaper look, sexy (short) shorts....maybe bring the belt up some in the front and add some length, but not let it squeeze the thighs). It would still give the same sexiness, but actually be more flattering to the killer bodies these girls have

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I miss Sunjai - even though she graduated HS - and the entire BringIT show. I like that the show illustrated that one can dance w/o being a size negative. If you can dance, they made the costume work - as opposed to DCC- this is the costume and you , the dancer, need to make it work, by any healthy means necessary. And even then - that might not be enough - wasn't part of Vivian's cut the 2nd time was there wasn't enough "space" b/w her thigh, kneecap and the top of the custom made boot? Emphasis on custom made...

And it gave young girls an opportunity do something positive.

How is she and the rest of the crew doing? I thought she wanted to be a DR? I didn't know her mom wanted her to try out for DCC - but she was kinda a pushy dance mom and MS doesn't have a professional team to set sights on . I see her brother recently tragically passed ( link ) . You can answer me via PM since it's a little off topic.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, dotdot 37 said:

Meredith was on the team so the presser was taken off of VK.  some of the 2020 rookies are there to make VK look A++++++++++++++++ next to them

I could totally see this happening, especially since Meredith had caught Kelli's eye the year before, but didn't make Training Camp.  I didn't see how she improved enough between that year and the next, especially given how she has such a hard time remembering the dances (but then Kelli LOVED Morgan and Breelan and they had memory issues as well).  Still, Kelli loves a pretty face and, as long as the girl gets enough of the moves right and can be buried deeply enough in the formation, she'll get a chance.  And, given the fact that many of the girls who struggled in their audition videos still made the squad (and yet 2 multi-year vets who were solid performers and great ambassadors didn't), I could see Kelli trying to build a team around Victoria and making her the star while sacrificing the DCC's name and legacy (and all the great dancers currently on the squad as well as those to come) to do so.  If that's truly what's going on here, then we are seeing the slow-motion demise of the DCC as it happens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
31 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I could totally see this happening, especially since Meredith had caught Kelli's eye the year before, but didn't make Training Camp.  I didn't see how she improved enough between that year and the next, especially given how she has such a hard time remembering the dances (but then Kelli LOVED Morgan and Breelan and they had memory issues as well).  Still, Kelli loves a pretty face and, as long as the girl gets enough of the moves right and can be buried deeply enough in the formation, she'll get a chance.  And, given the fact that many of the girls who struggled in their audition videos still made the squad (and yet 2 multi-year vets who were solid performers and great ambassadors didn't), I could see Kelli trying to build a team around Victoria and making her the star while sacrificing the DCC's name and legacy (and all the great dancers currently on the squad as well as those to come) to do so.  If that's truly what's going on here, then we are seeing the slow-motion demise of the DCC as it happens.

Exactly!!! This sure seems like what is happening & its beyond disappointing... The team has been going down hill since Morgan & Breelan. Then add Veruca for the trifecta. Although at least they didn't take Malina (was that her name the poor Jets benchwarmer) With them letting Hannah & Bennan go for some of these mediocre rookies the organization is embarrassing itself. We'll never see why they truly let either of them go it will be spun in favor of DCC. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. Any chance of DCC being world class is completely out the window. I have lost all respect for Kelli & Co...  

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Exactly!!! This sure seems like what is happening & its beyond disappointing... The team has been going down hill since Morgan & Breelan. Then add Veruca for the trifecta. Although at least they didn't take Malina (was that her name the poor Jets benchwarmer) With them letting Hannah & Bennan go for some of these mediocre rookies the organization is embarrassing itself. We'll never see why they truly let either of them go it will be spun in favor of DCC. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. Any chance of DCC being world class is completely out the window. I have lost all respect for Kelli & Co...  

For all we know Hannah was venting to her rookie sisters that night and one of them stabbed her in the back and texted one or group leaders and they sent a message to k and j but then again she did voice concerns before so she could of been on the radar 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She is good and you can tell she has been a pro cheer before with that power.

But also seems a bit bottom heavy for dcc, certainly has junk in her trunk.

I'm not sure if I can ever get on board with her though after finding out about her rendezvous and extra curriculars. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I'm not sure if I can ever get on board with her though after finding out about her rendezvous and extra curriculars. 

Her leaps were pretty low too, those leaps should have had more height and more a split between her legs 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

She was Amys pro bowl sister 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I am confused about these audition clips. The ones being posted were shot by production?  Were these done after the preliminary round?

These should be the very first videos the girls sent in for the preliminary round, so shot with help from friends or family:)

I’m confused about Hannah. I see people saying she was cut the last night of TC, but if she were so concerned about Covid and didn’t agree with how seriously they were taking it, why would she stick around the whole camp/why would they cut her later rather than sooner? This thing has never made sense to me. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

These should be the very first videos the girls sent in for the preliminary round, so shot with help from friends or family:)

Ok that's what I thought but then I noticed two things - 1) the disclaimer at the bottom - and 2) some of the girls seem to mess up a turn or a leap -- and I keep wondering why they wouldn't reshoot it.

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She was Amys pro bowl sister 

That surprised me.  If Sydney and Sheridan hadn't said it in their videos, I don't know that I would have guessed that either of them had so much professional experience.  Neither was bad, but I thought that given their resumes, they should have been more exciting to watch and more technically proficient (for me, I was underwhelmed by Sydney's jumps and Sheridan's pirouette).  

But in particular, I thought Sheridan's hands were distracting - lots of extra movement with them that pulled my focus from the rest of her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

I’m confused about Hannah. I see people saying she was cut the last night of TC, but if she were so concerned about Covid and didn’t agree with how seriously they were taking it, why would she stick around the whole camp/why would they cut her later rather than sooner? This thing has never made sense to me. 

I think if we see extra footage like with the episodes to see how they were actually taking precautions (the photos they post doesn’t seem like they took extra precautions) maybe when she got inside the bubble she realized they weren’t doing a great job and you can still have an issue with something without actually leaving or quitting. That’s how I see it but only time will tell and we’ll see how they spin it. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Her leaps were pretty low too, those leaps should have had more height and more a split between her legs 

I agree. I was completely unimpressed. Leaps are by far easier than turns, and she didn’t wow me at all with those mediocre leaps. I felt like there were others who were more attractive and more entertaining to watch, who didn’t make the team. Politics are definitely in play here. She’s on the team because she was a pro bowl cheerleader. Not because she’s just that great of a dancer. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Politics are definitely in play here. She’s on the team because she was a pro bowl cheerleader. Not because she’s just that great of a dancer. 

This. This is purely too so TPTB can say how everyone aspires to be a DCC and continue showing off how cheerleaders from other NFL teams have gone on to become DCC.

so far over previous seasons (I know for a fact I’ll miss loads here) from my memory we’ve had previously NY JETS (3 I know of), Patriots (when it was made a point of asking about the patriots locker room), now Falcons, Miami Dolphins, 49ers, Texans, Buccs, Washington, vikings any others escape me (it is 11pm here in the uk 🤣) although I’ve found this below even though it is 5 years out of date 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/weeklydcc.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-who-cheered-for-other-nfl-teams/amp/

Edited by Manc.UK.DCCfan
Spelling mistakes, found a link
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

This. This is purely too so TPTB can say how everyone aspires to be a DCC and continue showing off how cheerleaders from other NFL teams have gone on to become DCC.

so far over previous seasons (I know for a fact I’ll miss loads here) from my memory we’ve had previously NY JETS (3 I know of), Patriots (when it was made a point of asking about the patriots locker room), now Falcons, Miami Dolphins, 49ers, Texans, Buccs, Washington, vikings any others escape me (it is 11pm here in the uk 🤣) although I’ve found this below even though it is 5 years out of date 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/weeklydcc.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-who-cheered-for-other-nfl-teams/amp/

I don’t know about Sydney. I need to see how her character is.

I am not an automatic fan.

2 hours ago, Allison Lynn said:

That surprised me.  If Sydney and Sheridan hadn't said it in their videos, I don't know that I would have guessed that either of them had so much professional experience.  Neither was bad, but I thought that given their resumes, they should have been more exciting to watch and more technically proficient (for me, I was underwhelmed by Sydney's jumps and Sheridan's pirouette).  

But in particular, I thought Sheridan's hands were distracting - lots of extra movement with them that pulled my focus from the rest of her.

Yes Sheridan's top half leads. Her bottom half isn't really grounded and I think that's why our focus gets pulled. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Glammy6 said:

I watch all those shows as well. I don’t remember Marissa on Dance Moms at all. I tried searching online too. Was it one of the episodes where they auditioned hundreds for a new spot? She definitely wasn’t on one of the competition teams. 

She wasn't on Dance Moms as far as I know.  Her bio at Barbie's dance studio said Marissa studied with Abby Lee.  Not that she was in the company.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cause she was a PBC or is a WOC?

Probably a mix of both. Being Pro Bowl sure didn’t help Ashley Paige, who I thought was lovely. I had hoped she would find her way out of her stiff style. And Alexandria was also Pro Bowl, but bailed before regular season    Have there been any other PBC?

Face value Sydney seems to be a good pic tho - very pretty, great experience, mature look, great figure, etc.  I know her dating situation is squishy, but I wonder if a serious girlfriend or wife would be permitted to try out if interested and they disclosed it.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 1

Here’s a fun list I thought I would do since the audition videos are being released that y’all can join in on too!
Things I would love to stop seeing in audition videos/dances that seriously just bug the crap out of me

• Tan jazz shoes
    • These are horrendous. I hated them when I danced and I hate them now. They do nothing for your lines and honestly they’re crap to dance in. They train in sneakers so I’d much rather see that, bare feet, or footundeez/gloves if at all necessary for the dancer.
  • Half-sole shoes
    • See above lol
  • Switch split/Scissor split leaps
    • These are so over done and so rarely done well. I much prefer seeing artistic or rhythmic gymnasts do them because they have both the power and flexibility necessary to make them look good
  • Half-assed high kicks
    • These are something I’m all or nothing about. Either you’re all in for them or don’t even bother doing them, find some other more unique way to showcase your flexibility to the DCC “standards”. If you can’t be bothered to stretch beforehand or put some effort in, why put them in your dance and make yourself look like you can’t do one of the most basic DCC moves?
  • Fan kicks
    • I wasn’t going to add this but then I got tired of seeing it in all of the girls videos lol. I find it just slows the dance down and looks awkward especially when most seem to plié their supporting leg instead of stretching fulling onto relevé with a straight supporting leg to extend their lines
  • Calypso leaps
    • Unless you have hella long legs or an asinine amount of power in your leaps, DON’T DO THEM. This could also be because I hated these when I danced, but it takes a lot of power to push that back leg up in attitude and arch your back so that it doesn’t look like you have no flexibility to speak of at all. (Seriously, I have nightmares about all the times these were in my duets/solos, I did NOT have the power to execute them 🤦🏻‍♀️)

Aaaaand that’s all I can think of since rewatching/binging all of the released audition videos, feel free to add your own or even disagree!

Editing to add A la seconde turns! Why? Over done and so rarely well done! I understand that these are pretty much a staple in all US university dance/Pom/drill teams but good lord! There are so many other turn sequences that are so much better and so much more unique/would add more to their dance. Honestly, even just a good set of pirouettes are better than ANY set of a la seconde turns for me 😬

Edited by BunnyHop96
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

Here’s a fun list I thought I would do since the audition videos are being released that y’all can join in on too!
Things I would love to stop seeing in audition videos/dances that seriously just bug the crap out of me

• Tan jazz shoes
    • These are horrendous. I hated them when I danced and I hate them now. They do nothing for your lines and honestly they’re crap to dance in. They train in sneakers so I’d much rather see that, bare feet, or footundeez/gloves if at all necessary for the dancer.
  • Half-sole shoes
    • See above lol
  • Switch split/Scissor split leaps
    • These are so over done and so rarely done well. I much prefer seeing artistic or rhythmic gymnasts do them because they have both the power and flexibility necessary to make them look good
  • Half-assed high kicks
    • These are something I’m all or nothing about. Either you’re all in for them or don’t even bother doing them, find some other more unique way to showcase your flexibility to the DCC “standards”. If you can’t be bothered to stretch beforehand or put some effort in, why put them in your dance and make yourself look like you can’t do one of the most basic DCC moves?
  • Fan kicks
    • I wasn’t going to add this but then I got tired of seeing it in all of the girls videos lol. I find it just slows the dance down and looks awkward especially when most seem to plié their supporting leg instead of stretching fulling onto relevé with a straight supporting leg to extend their lines
  • Calypso leaps
    • Unless you have hella long legs or an asinine amount of power in your leaps, DON’T DO THEM. This could also be because I hated these when I danced, but it takes a lot of power to push that back leg up in attitude and arch your back so that it doesn’t look like you have no flexibility to speak of at all. (Seriously, I have nightmares about all the times these were in my duets/solos, I did NOT have the power to execute them 🤦🏻‍♀️)

Aaaaand that’s all I can think of since rewatching/binging all of the released audition videos, feel free to add your own or even disagree!

Editing to add A la seconde turns! Why? Over done and so rarely well done! I understand that these are pretty much a staple in all US university dance/Pom/drill teams but good lord! There are so many other turn sequences that are so much better and so much more unique/would add more to their dance. Honestly, even just a good set of pirouettes are better than ANY set of a la seconde turns for me 😬

I’m in total agreement here with all of the above. My biggest pet peeve is doing a turn sequence (usually fouettes) when they can’t do them. It’s okay not to be a turner! DCC only do double pirouettes unless on show group (they said one year that their lyrical pieces require turns). 

I’m such a stickler for leaps and turns not being executed properly, especially when DCC don’t do them in their field routines. Keep it simple, do it well. 

• Love 6

So I am currently re-watching and re-watching all of the audition tapes (cause its 5am and I can't sleep) and these are my thoughts

Alora-Rose: After watching all of the videos, I am starting to like her more. Her audition video is not the best but I can see the potential there. Plus she's a stunner
Amelia: I am not wowed by her and I am not surprised that she was the first one to get cut at TC (as per the rumors and speculation) Cute outfit though.
Annabelle: There's no doubt about it that Annabelle is Kelli's pet project for the season. She usually takes one or two girls every season and most of the time they never make the team. (Karissa in Season 6 is one that comes to mind). Her dancing was all over the place but it was enjoyable. 
Armani: I am going to have to see more of her. Her audition video didn't wow me but it didn't offend me either. It was just, meh.
Ashlinn: She is one of a couple of girls who's audition video I liked. I think she has the DCC look, and the dance technique. If I had to guess, the reason why she was cut was because she lacks power in her dancing. If that's the case, then I would love for her to audition next year cause I think she can be a DCC.
Cassie: I think she has that dance style that DCC is known for. I don't know why she got cut. If I had to guess it would be because of flexibility or weight issues. She has a little bit of tummy fat, but we'll see. 
Claire D.: Now this one I am hell a confused on why she didn't make it cause her audition video wowed me, plus she has the experience and the DCC look. Maybe its because of the kicks cause it looked like she was having trouble with them (is that what Kelli means when she says the kicks look tight?) 
Claire W.: She has the complete package. 100% completely and utterly earned that uniform. Can't wait to see more from her.
Dani: Another one who's audition video was good. Not as exciting as other girls, but totally has the DCC look. 
Darian: This was the girl that I was most excited for and not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed with her video. The camera work was bad and I don't think that she showed her best. Especially considering she has experience in both the NBA and NFL. She's still gorgeous though.
Elli: I love her. Her kick was a little on the low side, but she's stunning and I don't know why but I like watching her dance. It's not the best, but it's enjoyable.
Jada: I did not like her introduction but her dancing made up for it. She's got legs for days and those kicks...those are some Gina, Lacey, Holly P. level kicks. Amazing.
Jessica: Meh. It was good, but I wasn't wowed by it.
Kelly: Oh come on Kelli, how could you let this one slip under the cracks? Seriously her and Claire W. probably had the best audition videos and Kelly gets cut? But what do I know I guess.
Marissa: Good dancer, but she's too young and too immature to be on DCC right now. Maybe in four years after she goes to college and matures a little.
McKenzie: Another girl who's got legs for days and a good audition video. She's one to look out for in my opinion.
Shannan: Another meh girl. Also she looks too old to be 22. It must be the makeup and if that's the case then the DCC makeup would only worsen her look (I mean look at VK)
Sheridan: I don't think she has enough flexibility for DCC, but she does have the DCC look. I think she should audition next year.
Sydney: She must have gotten on the team because she was a Pro Bowl cheerleader cause her dancing....yikes. 

I am only missing Tori's video, but based on the audition tapes alone, this is who I would pick to be on the team. Keeping in mind that...

1) 8 vets retired
2) 4 vets got cut
3) The team must be 36 girls, so there are only 11 spots to fill.

Alora-Rose
Armani
Ashlinn
Claire W.
Dani
Darian
Elli
Jada
Jessica
Kelly
McKenzie

Now if it were up to me Lily, Brennan and Hannah would not be cut and instead I would have just cut Meredith and Kat for being weak dancers, and Lisa and Cianna for weight (by DCC standards) I'll update this post when Tori's audition is uploaded and see if things change.

Update: Just saw Tori's video and tbh it doesn't change my opinions about who I would choose for my team. She's a good dancer but she's average compared to the other dancers. Also she's bottom heavy, which is good for everything else except for DCC (I hate the body standards for DCC but it is what it is) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

So I am currently re-watching and re-watching all of the audition tapes (cause its 5am and I can't sleep) and these are my thoughts

Alora-Rose: After watching all of the videos, I am starting to like her more. Her audition video is not the best but I can see the potential there. Plus she's a stunner
Amelia: I am not wowed by her and I am not surprised that she was the first one to get cut at TC (as per the rumors and speculation) Cute outfit though.
Annabelle: There's no doubt about it that Annabelle is Kelli's pet project for the season. She usually takes one or two girls every season and most of the time they never make the team. (Karissa in Season 6 is one that comes to mind). Her dancing was all over the place but it was enjoyable. 
Armani: I am going to have to see more of her. Her audition video didn't wow me but it didn't offend me either. It was just, meh.
Ashlinn: She is one of a couple of girls who's audition video I liked. I think she has the DCC look, and the dance technique. If I had to guess, the reason why she was cut was because she lacks power in her dancing. If that's the case, then I would love for her to audition next year cause I think she can be a DCC.
Cassie: I think she has that dance style that DCC is known for. I don't know why she got cut. If I had to guess it would be because of flexibility or weight issues. She has a little bit of tummy fat, but we'll see. 
Claire D.: Now this one I am hell a confused on why she didn't make it cause her audition video wowed me, plus she has the experience and the DCC look. Maybe its because of the kicks cause it looked like she was having trouble with them (is that what Kelli means when she says the kicks look tight?) 
Claire W.: She has the complete package. 100% completely and utterly earned that uniform. Can't wait to see more from her.
Dani: Another one who's audition video was good. Not as exciting as other girls, but totally has the DCC look. 
Darian: This was the girl that I was most excited for and not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed with her video. The camera work was bad and I don't think that she showed her best. Especially considering she has experience in both the NBA and NFL. She's still gorgeous though.
Elli: I love her. Her kick was a little on the low side, but she's stunning and I don't know why but I like watching her dance. It's not the best, but it's enjoyable.
Jada: I did not like her introduction but her dancing made up for it. She's got legs for days and those kicks...those are some Gina, Lacey, Holly P. level kicks. Amazing.
Jessica: Meh. It was good, but I wasn't wowed by it.
Kelly: Oh come on Kelli, how could you let this one slip under the cracks? Seriously her and Claire W. probably had the best audition videos and Kelly gets cut? But what do I know I guess.
Marissa: Good dancer, but she's too young and too immature to be on DCC right now. Maybe in four years after she goes to college and matures a little.
McKenzie: Another girl who's got legs for days and a good audition video. She's one to look out for in my opinion.
Shannan: Another meh girl. Also she looks too old to be 22. It must be the makeup and if that's the case then the DCC makeup would only worsen her look (I mean look at VK)
Sheridan: I don't think she has enough flexibility for DCC, but she does have the DCC look. I think she should audition next year.
Sydney: She must have gotten on the team because she was a Pro Bowl cheerleader cause her dancing....yikes. 

I am only missing Tori's video, but based on the audition tapes alone, this is who I would pick to be on the team. Keeping in mind that...

1) 8 vets retired
2) 4 vets got cut
3) The team must be 36 girls, so there are only 11 spots to fill.

Alora-Rose
Armani
Ashlinn
Claire W.
Dani
Darian
Elli
Jada
Jessica
Kelly
McKenzie

Now if it were up to me Lily, Brennan and Hannah would not be cut and instead I would have just cut Meredith and Kat for being weak dancers, and Lisa and Cianna for weight (by DCC standards) I'll update this post when Tori's audition is uploaded and see if things change.

Spot on. I am SO confused about what happened with Kelly. She & Claire W had amazing audition videos. CW being my favorite to watch! 

I think DCC needs to do a better job of giving other girls a fair opportunity instead of just filling their team with recycled dancers from other teams. That move is so tired. Fresh face us please!!!! 

Edited by Itswhatisaid
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So was the STAR open to the public to do the filming ? Or it never closed ? Special consideration/permission was granted from the local health/elected authorities - as an essential business?  I didn't think the STAR was like HS/JR college fields - ie easy to sneak in, off hours..

I think our NFL club facilities and the training camp premises closed for quite a while... not to say that anyone was breaking any speed records to get there....{ps: still embarrassed by loss with Saints game yesterday}

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1