Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I hope Gina is point this year she is my favorite and has the total DCC package, I don’t want Maddie to be point just because she shared point last year she’s just not point material in my opinion!

Also what happened to Kitty did they fire her?

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Did legacy Madeline make it back to TC?

22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Nope 

22 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Why not? She was beautiful.

22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t know why she didn’t 

My main guess as to why Madeline Salter didn't make it back to Training Camp was that she was STILL big competition for Victoria and, while she's on the team, there can't be two leggy blonde legacies.  People would compare them, even unconsciously, and Victoria would come up wanting in most categories.  

54 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Also what happened to Kitty did they fire her?

From what I remember hearing, Kitty didn't like how she came across two years ago so didn't want to be involved last year.  However, a lot of that is her own fault unless her comments about Victoria (especially about the weight) were scripted.  She doesn't seem like someone who does scripted to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

From what I remember hearing, Kitty didn't like how she came across two years ago so didn't want to be involved last year.  However, a lot of that is her own fault unless her comments about Victoria (especially about the weight) were scripted.  She doesn't seem like someone who does scripted to me.

I've been wondering if they edited her words out of context & that's why she walked out . . . something like "give her the respect she deserves, cut her now, and give her the time she needs to lose the weight" (the entire year). Still nicer than the Kitty we've seen, but makes a lot more sense for her to say something along those lines than what they aired & would explain why she walked -- because that really did destroy any credibility she had (& VK was never even one of her students). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

My main guess as to why Madeline Salter didn't make it back to Training Camp was that she was STILL big competition for Victoria and, while she's on the team, there can't be two leggy blonde legacies.  People would compare them, even unconsciously, and Victoria would come up wanting in most categories.  

I mean i think this might be an unpopular opinion here by the looks of it, but Madeleine S was just not that good of a dancer. She’s very pretty and sweet and probably a great lyrical dancer but she doesn’t have the power for the DCC style. You can see it in the clips from the show last year as well as prep class videos. I’m not that surprised she didn’t make it back.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

My life has been so hectic lately that I haven't been keeping up with this forum. How come training camp is where it is and not at the Star?

Probably due to filming the show 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Not that unpopular. I love Gina.  Gina for point with Ashlee and Hanna flanking her.  Blonde, brunette and redhead. 

Power triangle right there! 

• Love 8

I wasn't a fan of Gina, but there is no denying she is a great dancer!  My thought on why she might never be point is because she might too good.   I remember thinking last season that if she was point with Maddie & Amy, she probably would've made them look bad, like the point needs to be good but not too good.  After coming to that realization, Kashara being picked for point made a lot more sense to me....I thought she was good enough to be there, but wouldn't outshine the rest of the team.  Does that make sense? lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Looks like cuts have been made. Amelia is out!

Can anyone identify - who is the girl in the top row center?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but I think the other four are:

Top left Cassie

Top right Marissa

Bottom left Amelia

Bottom right Annabelle

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

The second picture from Amelia’s Instagram post has 18 ladies in it. Do you think this is from the beginning and 2 just weren’t in the picture for whatever reason, or have the 2 not pictured been cut?

085DE4C4-DEC7-4B96-BEE8-5A4B8AE32C59.jpeg

I don’t think anyone was cut at this point.  Sydney is missing from pic and this looks like night one/team meeting to me.  Maybe just not there for this pic.  Sydney is definitely on my fave list!

Wow, so/too many blondes!  Please don’t get me wrong, I’m a natural blonde.  Just...  

Please forgive if any of my guesses are wrong.

back row:  Elli, Dani, Claire D, Jessica, Sheridan, Armani, Jada, Tori, Ashlinn, Mckenzie

front row: Cassie, Kelly, Marissa, Darian, Annabelle, Amelia, Shannan, Claire W

The other one I don’t see is Alora Rose.  Has anyone spotted her at training camp?

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Can anyone identify - who is the girl in the top row center?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but I think the other four are:

Top left Cassie

Top right Marissa

Bottom left Amelia

Bottom right Annabelle

Ashlinn

1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

I don’t think anyone was cut at this point.  Sydney is missing from pic and this looks like night one/team meeting to me.  Maybe just not there for this pic.  Sydney is definitely on my fave list!

Wow, so/too many blondes!  Please don’t get me wrong, I’m a natural blonde.  Just...  

back row:  Elli, Dani, Claire D, Jessica, Sheridan, Armani, Jada, Tori, Ashlinn, Mckenzie

The other one I don’t see is Alora Rose.  Has anyone spotted her at training camp?

I think you got them all right from what I can tell!

32 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Ashlinn

Ahh thank you!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

I'm pretty sure the girl you said is McKenzie is actually Alora-Rose and McKenzie and Sydney are missing from the picture for whatever reason, otherwise I think you're correct! McKenzie has shoulder-length blonde hair:

I think Tori looks way better with darker hair so I hope they change that. I also hope they darken Annabelle's hair because it is so brassy in the picture Amelia posted. That picture also pretty much confirms that Cassie was the one with the terrible splits (based on her hair) so I wouldn't be shocked if she is the next cut.

Here is an updated chart:

759014729_ScreenShot2020-08-08at1_58_00PM.thumb.jpg.2366797b1aaa71349ce52ff5d0648b6d.jpg

Edited by Kitkatkitty
17 minutes ago, Lona said:

And interesting. Amelia’s ig post seems to have been deleted???? 🤔

To be honest I was wondering why she was even allowed to post anything in the first place, especially since in the first picture they are close together and not wearing masks. I took a screenshot the first two pictures, the third was just Amelia. IMG_2850.thumb.jpg.56557ca99074f6a07e4e9d01933c0b29.jpgIMG_2847.thumb.jpg.56b27ae4159cf80bfcc0ade111c12a28.jpg

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, go4luca said:
53 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Amelia's 3rd photo from the above IG carousel post.

_ameliaevans_1596891585_3_sm.jpg

I didn't see it before it was deleted. What did she comment with the photos?

Kitty doesn't appear on the show anymore because CMT feeds her lines and tells her what to say.  She then ends up sounding stupid, and she finally figured that out.  Btw, CMT feeds lines to Kelli, Judy and the girls a lot more than you would think. It's "reality" television at it's finest! 

• Useful 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Kitty doesn't appear on the show anymore because CMT feeds her lines and tells her what to say.  She then ends up sounding stupid, and she finally figured that out.  Btw, CMT feeds lines to Kelli, Judy and the girls a lot more than you would think. It's "reality" television at it's finest! 

How many girls have "retired" for the same reasons?

3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

To be honest I was wondering why she was even allowed to post anything in the first place, especially since in the first picture they are close together and not wearing masks. I took a screenshot the first two pictures, the third was just Amelia. IMG_2850.thumb.jpg.56557ca99074f6a07e4e9d01933c0b29.jpgIMG_2847.thumb.jpg.56b27ae4159cf80bfcc0ade111c12a28.jpg

It's like they quit going for women and started going for little girls..............

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not surprised.  Kitty seemed to be a straight-shooter, someone who gave you the hard facts but praised you with equal fervor.  At least, she was in the early seasons.  However, in the later seasons and culminating in Victoria's first Training Camp, I can certainly see at least some lines being fed, especially the one about giving Victoria a chance to lose the weight.  That was one line I never thought the Kitty from earlier seasons would have said and I think that, plus the backlash she got from it (she probably knows what's being said about her online) would have been enough to take a break from all things DCC for a while. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

How many girls have "retired" for the same reasons?

I don't know about retired, but Dayton said she wouldn't audition again as long as there is the show. It honestly takes someone willing to be a real kiss-ass who is willing to be publicly humiliated and say exactly what Kelli and CMT tell them to. 

58 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Not surprised.  Kitty seemed to be a straight-shooter, someone who gave you the hard facts but praised you with equal fervor.  At least, she was in the early seasons.  However, in the later seasons and culminating in Victoria's first Training Camp, I can certainly see at least some lines being fed, especially the one about giving Victoria a chance to lose the weight.  That was one line I never thought the Kitty from earlier seasons would have said and I think that, plus the backlash she got from it (she probably knows what's being said about her online) would have been enough to take a break from all things DCC for a while. 

I think Kitty legitimately likes Victoria.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I want Caroline, Kelcey, Gina, or Rachel W to become point. I know Kelcey is only a 2nd year but I love her, she's a beautiful dancer and she's stunning.

I would take any of them as point.  All beautiful, powerful dancers.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know about retired, but Dayton said she wouldn't audition again as long as there is the show. It honestly takes someone willing to be a real kiss-ass who is willing to be publicly humiliated and say exactly what Kelli and CMT tell them to. 

I think Kitty legitimately likes Victoria.

Given what Kelli put Dayton through, if I were her, I wouldn't re-audition again as long as there's a show and I'd almost add as long as Kelli's still the director and Victoria's on the squad to that because Kelli likely will NOT put Dayton on the squad as long as Victoria's there.  For some reason, Kelli seems to LOATHE Dayton (possibly for being better then Victoria in almost every way?) and didn't seem to want her in Training Camp whatsoever.

Kitty may like Victoria, but liking a girl hasn't stopped her from ripping a girl to shreds for weight, dance issues or any other reason.  We've seen her tear into girls she's praised in the past for weight and gotten after them for poor placement/bad kicks/forgetting a step sequence/etc. so I didn't get the love fest for Victoria from her.  It was SO out of character for her that your comment about it being a scripted line really rings true. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

That girl Ashlinn is not looking very cute in that pic. Actually I think Marissa is the prettiest one in that picture. 

Strangely enough

7 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Going to hell for this comment, but that group of 5 need makeovers stat. 😬

Or filters? Or more than one photo? They all look rough.

I am afraid I’ll have to join you then.

The dancing should be there of course but there has to be some sort of photogenic inclination. It is a requirement IMHO.

Shannan, Jessica, Dani, Jada, Claire W, Armani and eternal Sheridan will have to shine twice as bright!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I want Caroline, Kelcey, Gina, or Rachel W to become point

Dancewise can't really disagree with this lineup. But I would also add Hannah. I find her dancing to be unique and she's able to hold a watcher's attention!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I've always liked Kitty as she reminds me of my own dance teachers back in the day. I liked her best as a technique coach, doing across the floor as it's what you'd do in a typical jazz/modern class. I'd rather have her honest critiques than Kelli's 'crispy bacon' rubbish. I think Kitty didn't want to drink the DCC Kool-Aid anymore!

• Love 6
On 8/6/2020 at 4:47 AM, EricaShadows said:

I think Lily, Meredith (though she has a chance of staying if Kelli hasn't soured on her), and Kat.  Taylor P. would have made the list if she hadn't bolted.  Jalyn may or not be on the chopping block depending on if Kelli still hates her guts.

I am sure Judy will also pull for Meredith, she said in MTT 2019 she was the one who was really pulling for her in the 2018 auditions.

Jalyn will easily make it back, if Kelli hated her so much, which I don't believe at all, she would have beem cut last year

• Love 3
On 8/7/2020 at 2:31 AM, JC2468 said:

Unpopular opinion BUT I think Gina is gorgeous! I do think she is extremely thin, but I think she has a pretty face! 

She just doesn't have a face for point imo, I mean every girl on the team is pretty ofcourse, but not everyone is point look material (cough Maddie)

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I want Caroline, Kelcey, Gina, or Rachel W to become point. I know Kelcey is only a 2nd year but I love her, she's a beautiful dancer and she's stunning.

Rachel W point

Amber and Ashlee behind her 😍

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

I have no memory of Amelia and Sydney being in Trainingcamp wow, where they added last minute to our lists?

Who are the cuts so far?

Amelia and Sydney were the last to be confirmed, Amelia was the first and only confirmed cut so far although Jaycie didn't come to camp 🙂

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Given what Kelli put Dayton through, if I were her, I wouldn't re-audition again as long as there's a show and I'd almost add as long as Kelli's still the director and Victoria's on the squad to that because Kelli likely will NOT put Dayton on the squad as long as Victoria's there.  For some reason, Kelli seems to LOATHE Dayton (possibly for being better then Victoria in almost every way?) and didn't seem to want her in Training Camp whatsoever.

Kitty may like Victoria, but liking a girl hasn't stopped her from ripping a girl to shreds for weight, dance issues or any other reason.  We've seen her tear into girls she's praised in the past for weight and gotten after them for poor placement/bad kicks/forgetting a step sequence/etc. so I didn't get the love fest for Victoria from her.  It was SO out of character for her that your comment about it being a scripted line really rings true. 

How has that never occurred to me, I totally agree with you on Kelli being annoyed that Dayton was far more talented than Veruca, that is spot on! Kelli was soooooooo awful to Dayton and I never understood it. She treated her like someone she loathed... Dayton is better off sadly...

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, TB12 said:

How has that never occurred to me, I totally agree with you on Kelli being annoyed that Dayton was far more talented than Veruca, that is spot on! Kelli was soooooooo awful to Dayton and I never understood it. She treated her like someone she loathed... Dayton is better off sadly...

It has to be said that Dayton was not the best memory wise. Dayton was glorious in the uniform and had a lot of projection in her solo dance yet she really underperformed in the choreography.

Unfortunately, she gave Kelli too much ammo. Victoria gave Kelli also a lot of ammo first time around but Victoria’s second try was flawless.

Dayton is definitely the better dancer between the two, Victoria has better choreo memory.

• Love 8