Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: The Great British Fake Off

• Start Topic

Mick’s daughter told him to go to Hell so he went to Hell, hee. 

Did I hear Gary right and Sara still hates the B word?

Is this Enchantress the same one that was in Suicide Squad? Or is it like Charlie and will turn out to be a Greek God? If the latter I nominate Medea. Just for fun.

Zari’s absolute faith in herself Little Warrior Zari for protection while she pretended to be Cleopatra was everything. I say this constantly but Tala is a treasure. 

And this episode is not helping curb my Zari/Con shipping.

Speaking of shipping I thought there was more chemistry between Ava and Astra than I’ve ever seen from Ava and Sara. 

I don’t care how dangerous it is I am so ready to join that dinner party. I have so many questions for all of them. 

The actors playing Bonnie and Clyde channeled Faye and Warren well enough that I’m going to watch the movie later.

Astra on the Waverider should be a ton of fun. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Mick’s daughter told him to go to Hell so he went to Hell, hee. 

What a good daddy, listening to his daughter like that. Seriously, I wish he could have a talk with Stein about what to do when you suddenly have a kid thanks to your time travel shenanigans. 

I don't like that I'm shipping Constantine and Zari. But I'm not surprised after their chemistry in the Romeo and Juliet ep. But I think I still want Zari Classic with Nate. I mean, the way he remembered her after the timeline shift was kind of beautiful, and I don't want to discount that. But Zari has chemistry with gruff guys in long coats.

All right, what's up with Sara? Was she seeing the future with Ava coming into the house at the end of the episode?

I loved Ava calling Mick "Mickey." It was adorable. I enjoy their weird friendship.

• Love 6

Show....listen, you gotta cool it on the inter-team romances. Everyone is paired off with everyone and I get that they're in a super specialized field where it's impossible to really meet anyone else to date...but now we got a love triangle/love square brewing and it's weird. 

That being said....damn, Zari/John kind of works for me.

I really liked seeing Zari/John bond and work together. Zari has gotten revitalized for me, especially after the mess that was last season with her being only about Nate. She was really great in this episode.

It is going to suck for Nate, since he seems to be struggling with his feelings about the whole Zari stuff. And with Zari 1.0 still being in the totem, that allows a chance for her to come back and if she does, or if she merges with Zari 2.0 somehow....awkward love triangle right there.

Such a fun dinner party with a bunch of historical figures. I enjoyed Bonnie and Clyde, and Jack the Ripper was great.

Sara gets sidelined...yet again. Either Caity Lotz was busy when filming this episode or they really didn't want Sara in the episode. And Ava gets to take over as leader...again. And screws up for a moment by trusting Astra. But I liked seeing her, Mick, and Gary go to hell. I still could do without Gary, to be honest. And I liked seeing Astra join the Waverider.

But I guess what happened to Sara last episode DID affect her.

• Love 6

Show....listen, you gotta cool it on the inter-team romances. Everyone is paired off with everyone and I get that they're in a super specialized field where it's impossible to really meet anyone else to date...but now we got a love triangle/love square brewing and it's weird. 

Yeah I agree the writers need to tone down the romance. It's getting to be too much.  Zari and John do have better chemistry then Nate/Zari but I'm not looking forward to a love triangle or square. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2

Wow, Zari looked great as Cleopatra!  I could almost see the actress in that role if we ever get a new movie about her.

Charlie looked like she might have gotten tangled up in a beaded curtain what with all that stuff on her head.

Is something going on with Caity Lotz that requires her character to be sidelined so much? 

• Love 2

By all means, show, keeping finding ways to have Zari dress as Cleopatra, so that my crush on Tala Ashe can be somehow amplified even more.  Damn!

All of the various "encores" showing up and then taking each other out was hilarious.  Someone in the casting department must have had Once Upon a Time in mind, because I spotted two former cast members: Chris Gauthier (Smee) as Henry VIII and Abby Ross (Young Emma) as Bonnie.  Also recognized the actor playing Jack the Ripper from Supergirl, as the Fake Agent Liberty.  But I think Ross and the actor playing Clyde were the highlights.  Kind of bummed they got taken out, but really, on this show, anyone is fair game for a return!

Sara being put into a coma was kind of random.  Did Caity Lotz need more time off for some reason or did they just need to have Sara out of the picture, so that Ava would end up being charge (and who would have been more likely to make the decisions to get them to where they end up in.)

Of course, Mick loves Hell!  Really, if whatever deity out there wants Mick to suffer in the afterlife, he would probably hate being stuck in Heaven more.

Cool that Astra is now on the Waverider, and is a temporary ally.

Uh oh, Atropos is still alive!  Behrad must be avenged!

So, it looks like another love triangle is forming after-all, but it really isn't much of a competition for me, because Zari/Constantine is already ten times better and hotter than Zari/Nate ever was.  Ashe and Matt Ryan just sizzle together.  Of course, a lot of this will probably depend on what will happen with Zari in the end, like if the original one comes back or maybe they even merge the characters together somehow.  Nothing is too crazy for the Legends!

• Love 4

Is something going on with Caity Lotz that requires her character to be sidelined so much? 

I think its the combination of her directing an episode for the first time, having a major role in the crossover and appearing in the Arrow finale. 

• Love 3

Zari as Cleopatra might be one of my new favorite things on this show ever. So I am getting tired of all the inter-team dating with everyone hooking up with everyone, but...Constantine and Zari are seriously scorching chemistry! If Zari absolutely has to be dating someone on the team, I would much prefer her and John over the vacuum of non chemistry that is her romance with Nate. 

Zari has such faith in OG Zari! The warrior women who lives in her magic ring can help her out of any jam! 

As soon as that British guy in the Victorian garb showed up, I was like "Hi there Jack the Ripper"! The dinner party of historical bad guys was a lot of fun, I would have been perfectly happy getting a bit more of them just chilling and having dinner, I was kind of bummed that they all got taken out. The actors playing Bonnie and Clyde were especially good, and it was fun seeing some actors I know from random stuff like Once Upon A Time showing up. 

Gary/Mick/Ava in Hell was quite fun, and honestly Ava with Mick is my favorite kind of Ava, they have a fun weird friendship almost buddy cop kind of thing going on. Astra being a temporary ally could be interesting, and I hope that she can still be saved, for Johns sake if nothing else. Of course Micks daughter told him to go to Hell, so he...went to Hell. Which he likes pretty well, lots of fire! 

Alright now we have our Fates, and we can get to avenging Behrad! Or, even better, we can get to bringing him back to life! Hey kids, you ever heard of necromancy? Ask Sara, she can tell you all about it! 

So did Caity have something else going on? It was weird having her just be in a coma all of the sudden. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So did Caity have something else going on? It was weird having her just be in a coma all of the sudden. 

Since this is episode 10 I assume that she was filming her parts for the Arrow series finale (also episode 10). Or her parts of the crossover.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Another fun-filled episode in a time when we really need a tasty mix of action and humor.

John and Zardashian in a hotel looking for a Loom piece, trying to keep one step on arriving Encores? Great. Zardashian using her primary skill (influence) and impersonating Cleopatra? Beautiful. And I wasn't thinking there was a potential ship until now. I dunno . . . maybe Zari 1.0 and Nate get the same thing as Oliver & Felicity inside of the totem, while Behrad lives and John have a slightly unhealthy relationship?

2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Yeah I agree the writers need to tone down the romance. It's getting to be too much.

Come to think of it, the Waverider does seem to resemble a 2000's season of The Real World. Everybody is having sex. Well, maybe not Gary. That is a small relief . .  . though he wasn't annoying this week.

Hell subplot moved things along as well, especially with Sara sidelined. Great that Astra is on the Waverider.

Nice job squeezing in Enchantress, especially when the movie version was a bit of a failure. I mean, the dirty "witch from the land before time" look did work, but then she had to go all "Hips Don't Lie," and the actress didn't help much.

Dayum, Tala Ashe was rocking it as Cleopatra.

Nice to see more layers to Zardashian, and a reason why'd she would want to stick around the Legends longer.  It's not just because of Behrad, with the Legends she can read them, and knows they won't betray her or consider her an embarrassment.  You're with the Legends, and they're gonna have your back no matter what.

Jack the Ripper, Bonnie and Clyde, Brutus, and Henry VII all check into a bed and breakfast ran by Enchantress.  Only in Legends, and possibly Gotham.

• Love 6

I think Nate just has a cosmic connection to the totem-bearers.. He's loved 3 of them ( counting Behrad) and if they were spread out over the earth one hadn't find its way into some enterprising Europeans hands and bloodline... Maybe Nate is a descendant even if not a totem-bearer himself...not a fan of any more romances so I hope its just attraction and nothing more.. Plus Constantine is wearing kinda thin for me.. The faces and the Latin the rougish behavior ... Im kinda over it... Ava wasn't horrible and had a connection with Astra but she's still Bleh to me... 

• Love 2

I could get behind Zari/Constantine. I like them better than Nate/Zari already. But I don't want to see a triangle. 

This episode was okay. Seeing a bunch of encores at one time was kind of fun. I don't like Sara being sidelined again so Ava can be Captain. So is Sara's power seeing 5 minutes ahead? I suppose that could come in handy when fighting. But I doubt she'll do much of that. They have their new toy Ava to play with. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Is this Enchantress the same one that was in Suicide Squad?

Oh yes, although this time she's portrayed by an actual actor. My jaw dropped wide open when she "said her magic word."

• Love 4

I enjoyed it, even if I did roll my eyes at obvious Jack the Ripper showing up before the full dinner party. Though at least they explained he was an encore, not the historical living Jack, so being extra murdery with no impulse control is acceptable.

Zari and Constantine do have some blazing chemistry (it helps when both actors in the equation are really good!). For Zari's sake though, I hope they don't become a romantic couple. I'm more than fine with some hot-and-heavy action of the variety Sarah and Constantine enjoyed a couple seasons ago, with zero issue working together as friends afterward. Ideally, getting caught in the act by Nate so it can pop his lovesick bubble and let Zari be her own awesome character rather than mooning over him. Extra bonus points if Mick makes a point of informing Constantine that he is not onboard with the plan of making all the Waverider crew notches on his bedpost.

12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Nice job squeezing in Enchantress, especially when the movie version was a bit of a failure. I mean, the dirty "witch from the land before time" look did work, but then she had to go all "Hips Don't Lie," and the actress didn't help much.

Just the other day I admitted to someone that the movie Enchantress afforded me far more entertainment than a merely mediocre portrayal would have, as I recognized what it strongly reminded me of:
https://youtu.be/KHJLm6WNEv4?t=9

• Love 1
16 hours ago, bettername2come said:

What a good daddy, listening to his daughter like that. Seriously, I wish he could have a talk with Stein about what to do when you suddenly have a kid thanks to your time travel shenanigans. 

I don't like that I'm shipping Constantine and Zari. But I'm not surprised after their chemistry in the Romeo and Juliet ep. But I think I still want Zari Classic with Nate. I mean, the way he remembered her after the timeline shift was kind of beautiful, and I don't want to discount that. But Zari has chemistry with gruff guys in long coats.

All right, what's up with Sara? Was she seeing the future with Ava coming into the house at the end of the episode?

I loved Ava calling Mick "Mickey." It was adorable. I enjoy their weird friendship.

Yeah their bulshit forced instalove and the fact that Klemmer has to have Nate bang as many  female coworkers as possible has me not wanting this version of Zari with Nate. And Tala has more chem with Matt 

• Love 2

I'll admit it; I DO want Zari and Constantine. Flat-out, hands-down, no question. Tala Ashe and Matt Ryan have stellar, blazing chemistry. It shone like WHOAH in the Romeo & Juliet scenes and burned just as bright in this one.  When two actors have chemistry THIS good, it shouldn't be wasted, in my opinion. No one in five seasons of this show (or frankly any Arrowverse -- although some have definitely come close) have had such immediate WOWZA chemistry as these two have.

Two good actors, hella-hot chemistry, drama at the ready due to the history that *is* already present. Go with it and go with it hard, I say.

Aside from that, overall great episode. Not generally an Ava fan, but damn, does she work with Mick. (But who doesn't?) Ava with Mick, I really, really enjoy. Ava and Sara? Meh. I just don't think that Caity Lotz and Jes McCallan have a single, solitary lick of chemistry.

Oh, yeah, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Astra is on the Waverider now so much. Can't wait to see John's reaction to that. Heh.

Edited by driver18
6 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I enjoyed it, even if I did roll my eyes at obvious Jack the Ripper showing up before the full dinner party. Though at least they explained he was an encore, not the historical living Jack, so being extra murdery with no impulse control is acceptable.

Zari and Constantine do have some blazing chemistry (it helps when both actors in the equation are really good!). For Zari's sake though, I hope they don't become a romantic couple. I'm more than fine with some hot-and-heavy action of the variety Sarah and Constantine enjoyed a couple seasons ago, with zero issue working together as friends afterward. Ideally, getting caught in the act by Nate so it can pop his lovesick bubble and let Zari be her own awesome character rather than mooning over him. Extra bonus points if Mick makes a point of informing Constantine that he is not onboard with the plan of making all the Waverider crew notches on his bedpost.

Just the other day I admitted to someone that the movie Enchantress afforded me far more entertainment than a merely mediocre portrayal would have, as I recognized what it strongly reminded me of:
https://youtu.be/KHJLm6WNEv4?t=9

Actually, this seems to be what they were going for in that movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0D4fHieW8o

Zari has so much more chemistry with John that it's not even funny. Well, it is funny since TPTB think Nate is all that and a bag of chips. 

You know, I don't like Ava, but they've been using her very effectively, like in this ep and the one with Marie Antoinette, so I end up enjoying her anyway. Stop manipulating me, show. 

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 2

Not sure I want to see a John/Zari pairing but on the other hand, the actors have chemistry and worked brilliantly here with each other.

There were more Encores than usual here and they were used pretty, especially Jack the Ripper and Bonnie and Clyde.

Zari pulled off the Cleopatra look well.

Not too shocked by Astra changing sides when she realised that Lachesis and Atropos were a bigger threat.

Good team up with Ava, Gary and Mick this week.

Sara was short changed this week but at least we have an idea of what her power may be.

Charlie had some nice scenes with Nate and Enchantress. Surprised the latter appeared but intrigued to see who's side she's really on, 8/10

• Love 1

They finally found a use for all the ancient Egyptian costumes and sets they created for S1! And Zari looked amazing. And TA shined pretending to be Cleopatra. And we got to see more of nu!Zari's layers and thoughts. I did like her chemistry with John but I don't think I want them to get together because that's not going to end well for my precious Z. Though it would be much better to watch on screen than Nate/Zari whilst it lasted. The show's obviously teasing it at the end though so we'll see what happens. 

Love Charlie's hair this ep.

As a British person it's just a tick but it annoys me when the keep putting Northumberland County, UK in the title card. No need for the middle part. 

Nate is a little self aware and funny about falling in love with women from different time periods who leave him. 

I guess CL was either finishing up the crossover or attending Oliver's funeral this ep. I guess I really shouldn't complain as she had a good sized role in the crossover and definitely needed to be there for Oliver's funeral but with that and CL directing it does feel she's been barely in a lot of episodes and often Ava's Girlfriend first in others. Assassin's Honour! Heh. 

The Dinner of the Encores was fun and then watching them take each other out. 

I fee like Ava has let finding out she's a clone being a clone define her more than she admitted to Astra. She's a pretty boring leader of the Legends so I hope Sara's in the final eps a lot. 

So Astra's becoming a team frenemy, should be interesting. 

• Love 1

I wish we had gotten more of Henry VIII.  Really enjoyed seeing him and it's disappointing to me that he was the first killed.  But it's one step closer to seeing Mary Tudor!  Ever since we saw the coins last season and one of them had her name on it, I've been really interested to see how she would be depicted.

I'm assuming Behrad will rejoin us eventually, but I really hope NewZari keeps the totem.  She is great with it.  Or OldZari comes back.

Once again, I noticed that Nate was sidelined so they wouldn't have to use budget on his powers.  He's almost certainly the physically strongest member of the team, so it makes absolutely no sense to have him babysitting the ship.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Featherhat said:

As a British person it's just a tick but it annoys me when the keep putting Northumberland County, UK in the title card. No need for the middle part.

But remember, this is sort of designed for an American audience. One in which the The Madness of George III was renamed The Madness of King George for American release because we would have been asking where were the first two parts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

Once again, I noticed that Nate was sidelined so they wouldn't have to use budget on his powers.  He's almost certainly the physically strongest member of the team, so it makes absolutely no sense to have him babysitting the ship.

Right up there with most of the first few seasons having Rip or Sara say, "Let's split up, Jax and Stein, you're on different teams."

• Love 2

Another enjoyable episode. 

Juxtaposing the rather awkward "feel the star-crossed love, feeeeeel iiiiiitttttt" Nate and Zari scenes with the rather delightful chemistry of Zari and Constatine over the course of the episode didn`t do your force pairing any favours, writers. 

I missed Sara and didn`t particularly appreciate how quickly they jumped to "Captain Sharpe" but it wasn`t too bad here. She basically led a side mission with some fun scenes in hell but overall wasn`t played like "wow, so awesome" or another endless version of her existential whinging. 

Nate and Charlie basically doing nothing and chilling out on lounge chairs was almost comical. There used to be a time shows at least tried to come up with some reason why characters/actors didn`t feature into an episode beyond "don`t mind us, we`re just gonna sit here". 

• Love 2