Type keyword(s) to search

S45.E17: SNL At Home 2

• Start Topic

I wonder what changed...

Maybe the opportunity for Kate McKinnon to do a Dr. Brix impression during the "shine the light inside the body......maybe disinfectant could help" press conference?????

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

LOL I like the “What’s up with that” segment from home with all the MYSpace-like animations. Idk if it’s the wine or what, but I’m crackin’ up! It looks so cheesy and so 2004-ish, which I think is the goal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

I think Sudekis was stock footage.   Seeing What Up With That again was awesome.  Apparently only a pandemic could have pulled this one out of retirement.   

The grocery store ad was awesome.  "Boy Scout cookies.  They're wet!"   "Pepto Bismol Oreos!"  (Don't laugh   Given the Oreo abominations they've created it's not that far fetched).

So far this one is much more 'produced' so I'm enjoying it more.   The last one was good, especially considering the circumstances but it felt very much what it was:  homemade skits with limited resources and minimal interaction.   It was good seeing anew show, but also a little sad.  

• Love 21
Just now, GoldenGirl90 said:

You can tell they put a little more effort into this one, which I don’t blame them for because the first at-home episode was mostly an experiment. Again, I don’t know if it’s the alcohol or the actual content but I’ve giggled more than a couple times so far.  

Yeah, I think they are finding their groove - it's different, and it's more polished then the last one. They're figuring out which sketches work best with this format. The Bartenson's grocery was an excellent choice. I may have choked my drink a tiny bit with the missed high fives...

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Maverick said:

The grocery store ad was awesome.  "Boy Scout cookies.  They're wet!"   "Pepto Bismol Oreos!"  (Don't laugh   Given the Oreo abominations they've created it's not that far fetched).

Pepsi Crab!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I wish (and I might be alone in this opinion) these shows like SNL & WWE would use some canned laughter & applause tracks. Just feels too alone without the audience energy

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I love that they had Brad Pitt playing Dr. Fauci, since Fauci has said  (I think jokingly) that that’s who he wanted playing him on SNL. And they actually did it!

I'd forgotten about that, which makes it even better than random Brad Pitt!

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I love that they had Brad Pitt playing Dr. Fauci, since Fauci has said  (I think jokingly) that that’s who he wanted playing him on SNL. And they actually did it!

Best cold open ever.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, xls said:

I wish (and I might be alone in this opinion) these shows like SNL & WWE would use some canned laughter & applause tracks. Just feels too alone without the audience energy

I can see what you're saying - but I think the laugh track they used for Weekend Update wasn't a good idea on the last show, and I'm curious to see how they approach it this time.

• Love 14

I about died at the 'Rona Got Me Outta Jail skit.    Cecily playing it of as allergies was hysterical.   We had someone in our office who sounded like a sick donkey in heat having a baby a few weeks before the lockdown and kept saying 'it's just allergies!"    

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I just laughed really hard at the woman astronaut joke Michael read. I'm sorry/not sorry.

8 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Cocaine ain't gonna cut itself.   Ha!

Best line of the news.

13 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

A reporter asked who he wanted to play him.  He didn’t know what to say.  The reporter suggested Brad Pitt and the Dr laughed and agreed.  Bet he was surprised when it actually happened!

I'm so glad the show was paying attention. Best Dr. Fauci ever. Can't imagine it ever being topped.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

#WomenFirstOnMars for the win.

Ok, why is the NY Dept of Health saying you have to wash up before showing some self love?  I mean I get you'd want to wash Cheetos (any variety of Cheetos) and such off your hands, but from a corona perspective, like why?   And hell, while I'm puzzling things out.....it's not in semen but it's in crap?

Why is Mircoban still running commercials?  I mean, that shit would sell itself....if you could, you know, actually find any.   At this point it's kind of a sick tease.  

• Love 4

Damn, Brad Pitt as Dr. Fauci made my ovaries ache. Well that and I have cramps, but still. Also I totally missed Alex in a towel from the previous episode, so that was also nice. Can you tell I'm been living alone with just my two cats for the last... 45 days?

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I really enjoyed this but thought it ran out of laughs and energy by the Melissa and Aidy sketches. Or maybe I'm just tired. Still, I'm happy they did it. To my shock, I really enjoyed Mileys song and didn't fast forward it. Although at one point I thought her backyard might have caught on fire as she disappeared into a wall of smoke. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this one. They have definitely found their groove with these at Home shows. This one was much more polished. And there was a lot more interaction with the cast.

I knew it was Brad Pitt immediately. I knew about Dr. Fauci requesting Brad, so I was hoping Brad would show up if somebody was going to play Dr. Fauci. And Brad did not disappoint.

Loved that they revived What Up With That. that stock footage of Lindsey Buckingham cracked me up.

I pretty much enjoyed everything except for maybe the Law and Order one, which the whole idea never really came together.

Che seemed noticeably more relaxed, which was nice to see.

I'm glad Kyle made it on before it was over. I missed Alex. 

The whole thing with Sandler is so interesting to me. Full circle. For years he held on to some grudge with the show/Lorne and now obviously he has the much esteemed "Friend of the Show" status.

I swear when I first Paul Rudd, I thought it was going to be the Vogelchecks.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 10

The “Big Dominican Lunch” sketch had me laughing throughout.  Not just the ceiling iPhone, but the one dish with the seven meats being called a “genocide” by PETA.  And Kenan saying, stone-faced, “I was shot” when the other guy (could not place him?) asked how he was looking so good.

Brad Pitt in that wig reminded me of a young Val Kilmer.

That Bartenson’s sketch felt very true to life.  I’ll have to see if a Van Helsing DVD pops up in my next fruitless Instacart order search for toilet paper.

Have a good night, all.  I’m going to go drink some Dasani and eat mint Pringles. And I won’t use a straw:  we’ve got to save the “turtels”!

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I don't remember Cousin Mandy, apparently we've seen her before.

I know she was on the last James Franco episode with him and his brother Dave.

• Love 1

"Whiskers R We" for the win. I mean, who would have expected a stripped-down version featuring Kate, a wig, and her unamused cat?

Brad Pitt has never hosted, has he? Funny that Fight Club was playing on one of the HBO channels at the same time.

I always expect the real David Ortiz to swing by and bust Kenan's chops. Well, maybe once things settle down. Papi could bring a really Big Ass Pot, then put Kenan in it. I'm assuming that would be followed by the Chicken, Pot, Pie.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

The “Big Dominican Lunch” sketch had me laughing throughout.  Not just the ceiling iPhone, but the one dish with the seven meats being called a “genocide” by PETA. 

It used literal monkey paws, that was my favorite part.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3