Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Season 10 Reunion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

True.  We can pull back to a level of we don't know, but he's been peeved not just "not attracted" from early on.  Other theories are that he didn't like her look, knew her from his industry, knew her as a SM famewhore (again, possibly from being in his industry, in DC).   Possibly he was checked out by the time they hit the honeymoon.  I'm going with he found out at the reception  Things happen, people have loose lips.   Last season Keith was told Iris was a virgin at the reception.  

I hope some reality site puts up more news of court records or others' accounts that would clarify.  🙂

We here wondered what if he found out she was a last minute replacement, wanted to be on television, wasn’t at all serious and he legitimately wanted a match...and then his friends found her on social media and all and gave him the details on tHose couple of days that were said to pass between the weddings and the honeymoon...maybe he was really angry with the show for doing this.  Of course, he handled it poorly...perhaps he even made his anger known early on so he got the worse edit of the two.....

maybe...pure speculation...but maybe

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Truth said:

Michael was not "forced" to speak for Brandon.  The truth is, Michael was angry when he felt that Brandon was being attacked, so he spoke out to defend him. pathetically attempting to draw parallels between Brandon's childish behavior, and the behavior of his students.  This was Michael's choice.  He could have easily just said "I have nothing to add", but instead, he chose to engage.

Both Michael and Brandon are such bad picks it gives fuel to the idea they do intentionally choose people they know will be awful which would be an outlandish scandal that makes wrestling look real. It didn't take their mates more than 48 hours to realize they got a lemon. Mindy knew it God bless her but she projects her kind loving nature into others. I don't see the slightest regret from Michael that he lost out on a wonder mate for life...if he had any brains he would have brought a lovely bouquet of flowers with a note saying how much he missed her and knows he blew it. Meka is a romantic. But nope too dumb.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

At the end of the reunion, they announced the next MAFS would take place in New Orleans. Or did I mishear? Some posts are saying Australia... My first thought was how on earth are they going to weed out all the losers/poseurs/liars? This season was SOOOO disappointing (save for Austin and Jessica).

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 4
On 4/22/2020 at 5:14 PM, Bees52 said:

So glad he asked Katie what she contributed  to the marriage. 

My hubby started laughing because that is just what I had been yelling at the TV - "What did you do for Derek, Katie?!" For some reason Katie was under a Zach-Delusion that she was such a catch, all her husband needed to do was sit and admire her. Holy false confidence, Batman!

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
On 4/22/2020 at 5:24 PM, TMI said:

Michael ...  he never looks at people when he talks.

That's Michael's poker "tell". You know he is lying, or hiding something, when he talks with his eyes closed.  Too bad for him, his yes were closed whenever he was answering Meka's questions. The only time he became animated while talking, was when they were back to back. Too funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 4/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, humbleopinion said:

Must be hard to listen to yourself when you're talking out of you ass... Zach

Along with everything else I despise about this guy, it bothers me that he wrote 'intelligence' as being very important in a mate. Did anyone else notice that the man is an idiot? He loves to hear himself talk, but I couldn't keep track of how many times he would misuse vocabulary while doing his doublespeak. He literally was throwing out any phrase he may have read in "I'm Okay You're Okay" (or whatever) and hoping something would stick.

• Love 17
On 4/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, Ohwell said:

Yes, that's the one positive thing I can say about her.

I really enjoyed Meka, and wonder if editing did her a disservice. (Mind you, being married to Michael must have been a hard-to-look-happy hell). Once we saw Meka interacting with 'normal' people, and castmates, her personality shone through. She's straightforward, is willing to give the benefit of doubt, and is clearly very loyal. Whoever does marry her will gain a solid partner, willing to work through the highs and the lows, so long as you're honest with her.

• Love 14
On 4/22/2020 at 6:15 PM, Straycat80 said:

I kinda like this host and his WTF facial expressions. 

My favourite part was Kevin's in-your-face clapback to Michael as soon as Michael tried to pull the race card re: the cameras/producers treatment of Brandon. Woah! Kevin barked so loud and talked over whatever Michael was attempting to insinuate, and I thought good on you, Kevin. Also, what Kevin said was interesting, insightful and made me rethink other arguments I have overheard (not to do with MAFS). 

• Love 6
On 4/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, Empress1 said:

(And that he's no longer married to her. She SUCKS.)

What bothered me the most is Katie's parents are the ones to suffer from divorce fallout. They appear to be decent people who loved Derek and saw his good qualities (and hated Katie's loser ex). It's not fair to them that Katie picked at anything just to get out of the marriage, while they watched her destroy the closest thing she'll ever get to a functional marriage.

• Love 9
On 4/22/2020 at 7:51 PM, endure said:

As far as Brandon is concerned I wouldn't doubt that he has an anxiety disorder and a lot of the process was more than he could handle. 

Yes, I believe filming got him down more than he realized, but I wonder if his problem is alcohol? I think he happens to be a very nasty drunk, and I have known people just like this. Charming when sober, but mean as a snake when drinking. However, I am not sure what his issue was when he locked himself in the vehicle saying he didn't even trust Michael? If he had been drinking that morning, it would make sense. If not, then I don't know what to think.

• Love 9
On 4/22/2020 at 9:05 PM, princelina said:

If you don't want to wear socks, you need to buy some other shoes asshole.  I noticed that on Jamie O's show too.

YES!!! This times 1000. Thank you! My mother always said, A man's shoes speak volumes about him.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, cinsays said:

I don't like Brandon or Taylor and I think they both lie and are not good people. 

Why is everyone assuming Brandon wasn't invited to participate in the reunion? Court order or not, there are ways around this, be it pre-recorded interviews etc. Kevin asking him for his version,etc. I was under the impression that Brandon stopped communicating with producers etc from MAFS after decision day, and made it clear he would not be available for the reunion. Is there something I didn't hear or read? 

• Love 9

I busted out laughing watching couples couch when Jephte was like, "I'm tired of her" when Meka would not stop talking as Michael left the room.

Fuck man. I respect the people that keep bigging up Meka. Her looks, personality, etc. I disagree with all of it. There is no look she's given that has been great imo but more importantly I still find her annoying as fuck. Breathe! Stop talking a mile a minute.

I also disagree with the post who said Michael wasn't forced to speak to Brandon. The host went to Michael to speak on Brandon's behalf more than 5 times. He was literally being forced into a position he didn't ask for. Who the hell wouldn't be annoyed by that? 

That is also one instance where I feel he was truly genuine. As a black man, you don't want to be in a position to tear down another black man's character on TV like that. The host was also right in that Brandon basically did that on his own. That was a tricky situation that I think is being a bit too glossed over. Or I think, at least in this case, Michael deserves no hate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
54 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Yes, I believe filming got him down more than he realized, but I wonder if his problem is alcohol? I think he happens to be a very nasty drunk, and I have known people just like this. Charming when sober, but mean as a snake when drinking. However, I am not sure what his issue was when he locked himself in the vehicle saying he didn't even trust Michael? If he had been drinking that morning, it would make sense. If not, then I don't know what to think.

I’ve actually wondered about it being a drinking problem too, and who knows he could have  more than one issue, he really does need help. Def drinking and being belligerent can go hand in hand.  He did say that he has anxiety, I wouldn’t be surprised if drinking is a problem for him, unfortunately he works in that atmosphere too if it is.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think that, if Michael and Brandon are friends, they both have lousy taste in friends. But I also think Michael was totally justified in being irritated to have to speak for Brandon or somehow represent his perspective. 

Michael didn't have to speak for Brandon and could have said exactly what he said in the back room. I found Michael stepped in it as soon as he said he thought Taylor's version was 'suspect' and saw the pictures. As soon as Taylor began her 20 questions... well, Michael's mind and answers don't do that speed, combine with Kevin's input... time for a Michael break. Everything Meka said was brutally honest.

• Love 12
On 4/22/2020 at 9:10 PM, MyTwoCents said:

Oh my goodness, yes! I had to rewind the whole talking-about-the-tattoos thing, just to focus solely on Jessica and Austin’s faces. I love them but it was kinda funny. They both seemed pretty perturbed or annoyed with the situation. They kept kinda looking sideways at each other and were obviously on the same page. I think there was even an eye roll or two in there. I think Jessica really regretted doing it (and letting herself be talked into it when she was really a ‘hard no’) and Austin just didn’t seem to like it. I dare say, you are correct, OnTime! My money is on Jessica having already made the first appointment for removal!

I noticed that too, they looked really uncomfortable.  I would bet the girls had probably been drinking when they did that or it was very impulsive 🙄

• Love 5
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't see Mindy going on anything past MAFS. 

She does have composure, good posture, and a pleasant voice so she'd actually be good at newscasting.

5 hours ago, Truth said:

Either way, it was at this point that he walked off while making some (presumably profane) comment that was bleeped out.

LOL, When his F*** was bleeped twice I had to laugh because I felt this was Michael's effort to do a Brandon exit. Michael forgot the 'mother' part though...

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Lovecat said:

It's on her right ring finger, since she's the only one wearing a wedding band on her left ring finger at the moment.  I question the judgement of the other ladies, though...I mean, can you imagine getting engaged and having your fiancée slip an engagement ring and wedding band on over a tattoo that memorializes your first "marriage"??  Yikes.  Get it between your toes or something.

Put me on the list of people who are surprised to be saying "I never thought I'd stand up for Michael" but...yeah.  That was all kinds of awful.  I felt bad for the guy, and kept hoping he would just put his foot down and hold firm on the position that he had said all he cared to on the situation.  But alas, he cut and run, which made him look bad, and even worse, set Meka off on her "See?  That's what he always does!" tirade.  Girl.  I love you, but shut it for just one damn minute, 'K?

Right?  Every time Kevin addressed him, Michael slowly turned his head like he was being pulled back from a pleasant daydream.  

Jessica.  Jennifer is her twin sister.

I'm clairvoyant.  Sister Wives:  Twins Edition.

7 hours ago, Chalby said:

Why is everyone assuming Brandon wasn't invited to participate in the reunion? Court order or not, there are ways around this, be it pre-recorded interviews etc. Kevin asking him for his version,etc. I was under the impression that Brandon stopped communicating with producers etc from MAFS after decision day, and made it clear he would not be available for the reunion. Is there something I didn't hear or read? 

This is my belief as well.  He's totally done with it.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Kira53 said:

No evidence that Brandon worked there.  This was not a love marriage - why should Brandon go after her?  They knew each other 8 weeks.  He rejected her. Why is he so angry?  You do know that abusive men commonly accuse their women of attacking them and they are both hauled into court?  The police are not supposed to make a decision who is in the wrong, they just arrest everybody. And they are usually our counter accusations especially by men. Abusive women do it as well, there's just less physically abusive women.

Exactly!  I still can't believe there are people defending him.  Taylor can go to a bar w/her new boyfriend.  Why this bothers Brandon is a mystery.  I don't care if Taylor was sticking her tongue down new BF's throat while giving Brandon the finger.  It matters ZERO.  He wasn't in a long term relationship of love with her and even if it was, keep it together. 

I'm starting to think even if the producers caught him smacking the shit out of Taylor, there'd be people defending his "social anxiety" and "producers tormenting him."  

That said, I could understand the temptation to smack her!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Soapdirt, Heavy.com and MAFSFAN all posted that he was uninvited to the reunion due to filing for an annulment before the season ended.  I'm guessing that was the show's official excuse instead of straight up saying they think he's a pos and they can't stand him.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly!  I still can't believe there are people defending him.  Taylor can go to a bar w/her new boyfriend.  Why this bothers Brandon is a mystery.  I don't care if Taylor was sticking her tongue down new BF's throat while giving Brandon the finger.  It matters ZERO.  He wasn't in a long term relationship of love with her and even if it was, keep it together. 

I'm starting to think even if the producers caught him smacking the shit out of Taylor, there'd be people defending his "social anxiety" and "producers tormenting him."  

This is not about defending Brandon, it's about calling out bad behavior, regardless of who is doing it.

Even supposing that Brandon is the worst person ever...IF Taylor's intent was to provoke a reaction out of Brandon and start trouble...and I believe that it was...then her behavior is appalling.  It's almost as if she's obsessed with "one-upping" him in a battle of "who can be the most depraved".

You're right though, Brandon should have ignored her, he has no reason whatsoever to give a rat's ass about her.  But we all know that's not how he's wired, and Taylor knows it too.

The fact that BOTH of them spent the night in jail speaks volumes.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

All of this!! I can't believe people are defending Brandon's abusive behavior.  What makes  it even worse is that it's mostly women defending him. The bar does not belong to Brandon, the DMV area does not belong to Brandon.  Everyone is using one video to vilify Taylor and excuse Brandon's toxic behavior.  There could be videotaped footage of Brandon beating Taylor until she's unconscious and people would still find a reason to vilify her. This is why so many women stay in abusive relationships, because they know they will be blamed by others for causing the abuse. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Truth said:

This is not about defending Brandon, it's about calling out bad behavior, regardless of who is doing it.

Even supposing that Brandon is the worst person ever...IF Taylor's intent was to provoke a reaction out of Brandon and start trouble...and I believe that it was...then her behavior is appalling.  It's almost as if she's obsessed with "one-upping" him in a battle of "who can be the most depraved".

You're right though, Brandon should have ignored her, he has no reason whatsoever to give a rat's ass about her.  But we all know that's not how he's wired, and Taylor knows it too.

The theme with the defense of Brandon's though is EVERYONE is provoking him.  It's production, its the camera man, it's Taylor's fault.  It's everyone else's fault but Brandon being a hothead as if he can't catch a break.  People have seen the video of his reactions.  It doesn't apparently take much for him to implode we've seen.  And even then, it must be the production staff targeting him (even though no other MAFers have ever acted like that with production).  

I don't like Taylor one bit.  In fact, at one point, I started understanding why he got so annoyed at her w/the camera in the face.  She's a straight up Instagram follower wannabe.  

But when there's a pattern, it's not everyone else's fault.  It's his own fault for reacting the way he does.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, spunky said:

All of this!! I can't believe people are defending Brandon's abusive behavior.  What makes  it even worse is that it's mostly women defending him. The bar does not belong to Brandon, the DMV area does not belong to Brandon.  Everyone is using one video to vilify Taylor and excuse Brandon's toxic behavior.  There could be videotaped footage of Brandon beating Taylor until she's unconscious and people would still find a reason to vilify her. This is why so many women stay in abusive relationships, because they know they will be blamed by others for causing the abuse. 

You know, both Brandon and Taylor can be wrong at the exact same time. I don't blame abuse victims for "causing their abuse." But Taylor is a shit stirrer. Does she have a "right" to go to any bar she wants - sure. But then don't proclaim that you just want to be free of Brandon and you just want a nice, peaceful, fun night with your friends. She went to that bar knowing that Brandon could be there - maybe even thinking it likely. I completely believe that she went looking to stir up further drama/content for her social media. If she just wanted a nice, quiet, night out with her friends, she could go to any one of a dozen other bars in that exact same area.

I used to have a friend who would do this very thing with an ex-boyfriend - she would literally go out of her way in a crowded area to end up where he was with his friends. Then she would get very upset and dramatic when he would ignore her and, when finally pushed to his limit, would tell her (again) that he really just wanted her to leave him alone. Did my friend have a right to be in whatever space he was in - sure. They were public places. But was she looking to stir up drama? Absolutely. Did we believe her spin about just wanting to have fun with her friends? Absolutely not. We were all just bit players in the drama of her life. This is Taylor in a nutshell. 

• Love 19

Michael didn't have to speak for Brandon and could have said exactly what he said in the back room. I found Michael stepped in it as soon as he said he thought Taylor's version was 'suspect' and saw the pictures. As soon as Taylor began her 20 questions... well, Michael's mind and answers don't do that speed, combine with Kevin's input... time for a Michael break. Everything Meka said was brutally honest.

This is going to be an extreme agree to disagree situation. 

At most, Michael probably didn't have a problem throwing a few thoughts  in. So he wouldn't object to speaking up. But, every question was turned towards him. That shit was overkill and I would have been pissed too.

And people keep making these things either/or situations.  Why are people defending Brandon? Controlling behavior! Yep. It was. Taylor is also a attention seeker. We are hearing one side of the story that I don't trust and I don't put it past her to inflate a story or go somewhere hoping to get a rise out of Brandon.

I just don't care for either of them so I have no problem calling either one of them out.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

And people keep making these things either/or situations.  Why are people defending Brandon? Controlling behavior! Yep. It was. Taylor is also a attention seeker. We are hearing one side of the story that I don't trust and I don't put it past her to inflate a story or go somewhere hoping to get a rise out of Brandon.

I just don't care for either of them so I have no problem calling either one of them out.

Yep, I think they’re both assholes. I don’t see them as “Brandon is bad so Taylor must be good” - they can both be jerks, and I think they’re both assholes in different ways. This cast was mostly assholes, frankly.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Katie is a skank,

I keep shaking my head at Zatch and the Turtle skank going for drinks ("that's what the kids call it now'😉).

Turtle skank says 'I thought it would be OK since the show hadn't aired'  suggesting that if she knew how Zatch had treated Mindy she would not have wanted to drink with him.  Somehow she seems to have forgotten the information that Mindy and others would have passed along about Mindy's relationship before the shows aired.  What would it take for Turtle skank to not go for drinks with ANYONE?

And Zatch, 'hmmm, think I'll go get some alcohol with Turtle skank'.  What could his motive have been?  He's selective alright, very selective.

Were they both still married when the 'going for drinks' event took place?😵

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 4/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, Truth said:

Did they really? I need to watch again to hear that.

How would she know what happened to Brandon? They weren't cell mates!

Taylor said they were both arrested but if they had to stay in jail, that probably meant they had to post bail? and not released on their own recognizance? What kind of records do they have?

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Did they really? I need to watch again to hear that.

They did, or at least SHE did. Kevin asked if she was arrested and she said yes. He asked if she spent the weekend in jail and she said “like a day.”

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think he just stayed up most of the night drinking and was still drunk the next morning.

9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

That is also one instance where I feel he was truly genuine. As a black man, you don't want to be in a position to tear down another black man's character on TV like that. The host was also right in that Brandon basically did that on his own. That was a tricky situation that I think is being a bit too glossed over. Or I think, at least in this case, Michael deserves no hate.

I agree - it wasn't Michael's job, and he's not good at speaking up for himself in a group of fast talkers.  But I rewatched most of this last night to hear the couple's couch comments, and came away wondering if Michael at some point also thought Brandon was an ass but didn't want to say so because he's his friend.  (I alsonoticed that 2 of the producers Brandon was nasty to on camera are black, if it matters 😁)

16 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Katie is a skank,

I keep shaking my head at Zatch and the Turtle skank going for drinks ("that's what the kids call it now'😉).

Turtle skank says 'I thought it would be OK since the show hadn't aired'  suggesting that if she knew how Zatch had treated Mindy she would not have wanted to drink with him.  Somehow she seems to have forgotten the information that Mindy and others would have passed along about Mindy's relationship before the shows aired.  What would it take for Turtle skank to not go for drinks with ANYONE?

And Zatch, 'hmmm, think I'll go get some alcohol with Turtle skank'.  What could his motive have been?  He's selective alright, very selective.

Were they both still married when the 'going for drinks' event took place?😵

When she said that Jamie O says, "Ha!  Zach's bad in bed!) 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

As a black man, you don't want to be in a position to tear down another black man's character on TV like that. 

Why? I'm just curious because white people tear down other white people on TV all the time. Is that ok? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

You know, both Brandon and Taylor can be wrong at the exact same time. I don't blame abuse victims for "causing their abuse." But Taylor is a shit stirrer. Does she have a "right" to go to any bar she wants - sure. But then don't proclaim that you just want to be free of Brandon and you just want a nice, peaceful, fun night with your friends. She went to that bar knowing that Brandon could be there - maybe even thinking it likely. I completely believe that she went looking to stir up further drama/content for her social media. If she just wanted a nice, quiet, night out with her friends, she could go to any one of a dozen other bars in that exact same area.

I used to have a friend who would do this very thing with an ex-boyfriend - she would literally go out of her way in a crowded area to end up where he was with his friends. Then she would get very upset and dramatic when he would ignore her and, when finally pushed to his limit, would tell her (again) that he really just wanted her to leave him alone. Did my friend have a right to be in whatever space he was in - sure. They were public places. But was she looking to stir up drama? Absolutely. Did we believe her spin about just wanting to have fun with her friends? Absolutely not. We were all just bit players in the drama of her life. This is Taylor in a nutshell. 

I'm not saying that Taylor is a saint.  Was she wrong for her video? Absolutely! Was she wrong for staying out all night and not coming home? That's a grey area.  She could have truly just gone out with friends and fell asleep  or she most likely needed a break from Brandon.  I would be upset too if I had to drive him everywhere because he lost his driving privileges due to multiple DUI'S.  

Taylor may love attention and may love a certain level of drama.  That does not excuse the fact that Brandon has been treating her and production like crap from day one.  And it does not excuse his toxic,  abusive behavior.  I highly doubt that the entire cast would be backing her if she was that much of a shit stirrer. 

• Love 7

I've watched this show since season 1. I always thought Jami, Sam, and the girl that got arrested were the worst...until Katie came along. I have no words to describe her other than painful and pathetic. 

Derek will heal and end up with someone great. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Mellybelly said:

Meka is still trying to look like Taylor.   

Meka already looks better than Taylor. 

14 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't see Mindy going on anything past MAFS. 

Jamie Otis has gone as far as anyone will from MAFS and she just has Unfiltered/Couples Couch and a podcast. She pushes stuff on Instagram but what else?

She doesn't work as nurse anymore.

I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I would like to see Jamie and Elizabeth replace Jamie and Doug. 

11 hours ago, Chalby said:

I really enjoyed Meka, and wonder if editing did her a disservice. (Mind you, being married to Michael must have been a hard-to-look-happy hell). Once we saw Meka interacting with 'normal' people, and castmates, her personality shone through. She's straightforward, is willing to give the benefit of doubt, and is clearly very loyal. Whoever does marry her will gain a solid partner, willing to work through the highs and the lows, so long as you're honest with her.

Meka thinks really fast and sometimes those thoughts come out too fast. She’ll learn to wait a bit as she grows older.  She needs someone who is quick witted and makes her laugh.  

I give the whole Brandon and Taylor tale the side eye. Protective orders are not issued because people had a argument.  If there was yelling and a laying on of hands, I can see how both might have been arrested for disorderly conduct. In most jurisdictions, there must be violence for a protective order to be issued. Also the trial on the protective order took two days!  That’s a long time - longer than a lot of criminal trials.  So no way did Taylor tell the whole story.  Plus whether Taylor knew Brandon might be there is of no importance.  It’s what happened afterward that counts, and it seems they were both irrational. 
It occurred to me that Taylor May have included Brandon’s actions toward her during filming.  It’s all so twisted.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
20 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

This has been bothering me since Derek said it last night.  For one thing I just cannot believe (guess I am that naïve) that Katie would cheat with her Ex right after the honeymoon. I mean when would she have had the time with the intrusive cameras documenting everything?  Also, she seemed pretty hot for Derek from wedding day on; she definitely found him attractive and they were quick to consummate the marriage. They seemed to be getting along very well on the honeymoon, so what would have ever possessed her to cheat with the ex? Lastly, why would she be so stupid to confess the cheating to her fellow cast members?

Remember in the beginning, Katie was still debating whether to go through with the marriage because the ex finally professed his "love" for her? I think she got married (for the money and) to make her ex jealous (Remember one of the Ashleys - the nursing student - did that in an earlier season?) Because of the multiple weddings, the couples did not all get married on the same day so I believe there was a time gap of a day or two to allow for them all to set off on the honeymoons together. When she realized the ex just wanted a booty call, I think she went all in on the marriage but ultimately she deflected her anger over the ex onto Derek. And why would she tell her castmates? Well, she thought no one would rat her out, and she loves to think of herself as the bad girl.

Katie, if you are reading this, you are young, learn from it, work on yourself, don't live for drama, appreciate your parents, stay healthy and have healthy friendships.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Truth said:

Well, IMO, that's exactly what he did (even if it was a scheduled break).  He stormed away cursing, went into a dressing room, and then whined like a baby at having to "answer for Brandon".

Michael was not "forced" to speak for Brandon.  The truth is, Michael was angry when he felt that Brandon was being attacked, so he spoke out to defend him. pathetically attempting to draw parallels between Brandon's childish behavior, and the behavior of his students.  This was Michael's choice.  He could have easily just said "I have nothing to add", but instead, he chose to engage.

It seems strange that he was significantly more upset about this than he was about being called a liar numerous times on national television.

Good point. While I do understand why Michael might have felt put on the spot, it's true that imo the MAFS producers *did* try to present the issue as two-sided. After all, the host started by reading Brandon's account of what happened aloud before even letting Taylor speak about it. Then he tried to give Michael--who has caped for Brandon the whole time--a chance to say something as simple as, "Brandon says she started it, so there's two sides to every story. Just remember the judge granted them BOTH protective orders for a reason." 

While the host may have done it a little pushily or clumsily, for whatever reason the production crew didn't want Brandon there. Maybe they thought he'd intentionally try to break the protective order (my personal opinion) or goad Taylor into doing so, thus potentially getting the crew in trouble for being part of that. Or maybe they just wanted to wash their hands of him and were sick of his degrading insults. So in lieu of his being there, they 1) read his statement/side of the story aloud and 2) tried to give his closest friend on the show space to stick up for him. The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure why what they did was so horrible.

If Michael truly did not want to comment, he could have said, "I don't want to comment, that's not my place, I'm not going to answer that question" and moved on. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

If Michael truly did not want to comment, he could have said, "I don't want to comment, that's not my place, I'm not going to answer that question" and moved on. 

Choosing not to comment is not only EASY, but it's common.

1309805998_NothingToAdd.jpg.f9eb7ad35af618109dfc18f37e6b0dd8.jpg

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

The theme with the defense of Brandon's though is EVERYONE is provoking him.  It's production, its the camera man, it's Taylor's fault.  It's everyone else's fault but Brandon being a hothead as if he can't catch a break.  People have seen the video of his reactions.  It doesn't apparently take much for him to implode we've seen.  And even then, it must be the production staff targeting him (even though no other MAFers have ever acted like that with production).  

I don't like Taylor one bit.  In fact, at one point, I started understanding why he got so annoyed at her w/the camera in the face.  She's a straight up Instagram follower wannabe.  

But when there's a pattern, it's not everyone else's fault.  It's his own fault for reacting the way he does.

Yep. EVERYONE around him can't suck that badly. It's the opposite of Meka- she really only acted that hot-headed with Michael, not with everyone else. That suggests that's not how she is most of the time. I rarely saw Brandon act civil with anybody and the other guys didn't seem to like him at all when they hung out. Austin and Derek seemed incredibly put off by him. Only Michael, in the entire cast, had his back. That says something. Same with Katie; she wasn't just a jerk to Derek, she also treated her parents like shit and acted shady with her new "friend" Mindy's ex-husband. So it wasn't just the pressure of the situation, they just suck in general. 

And if some ex I couldn't stand, and only dated for a few weeks, showed up at a bar and tried to make me jealous, I'd maybe make a snarky remark and then leave...or sit there and stand my ground until they did. If he thought Taylor was such an Instagram ho and so horrible and blah blah, why did he care enough to follow her, taking photos and yelling insults? Probably because just about everything makes that dude angry. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 12
48 minutes ago, gladitsover said:

Because of the multiple weddings, the couples did not all get married on the same day so I believe there was a time gap of a day or two to allow for them all to set off on the honeymoons together. When she realized the ex just wanted a booty call, I think she went all in on the marriage but ultimately she deflected her anger over the ex onto Derek. And why would she tell her castmates? Well, she thought no one would rat her out, and she loves to think of herself as the bad girl.

It was Katie and her "x" two days after the honeymoon, not the wedding. Is that right?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I've become a bit more sympathetic to Zach he did come in and take the heat. He still had fun with the other couples. If he did it for some kind of marketing that was a major fail. Its marriage at first sight not guarantee happy marriage at first sight. He was a jerk for cavorting with another loser (Lindsay) but if he wasn't attracted to Mindy I can't imagine he found Lindsay to be appealing. She's below par frankly.

I agree about Zach. His word salads aside, he wasn't attracted to Mindy and didn't lie about that.

The producers need to take some blame because they let Zach write his own rules and never held him the "experiment" rules. They let him check out.

Also, it was a poor match with Mindy, when a blonde gym bunny was probably his given preference. We don't know the extent of his Lindsay cavorting, but she didn't seem like his type.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think both Taylor and Brandon are in the wrong.  Taylor had every right to be at the bar.  From what Taylor said she was at the stairs ready to leave with her friend when Brandon pulled out his phone to take pics.  Taylor was in a public space so Brandon could take pics of her or anyone else.  Taylor then turned around and approached Brandon.  Taylor was closest to the door and could have left and ended it, but she turned around and approached Brandon and that’s when things got physical between the two of them.  It makes sense that they both have POs.  It is disturbing that Taylor hasn’t bothered to read it because she couldn’t tell Kevin what she is legally required to do.

• Love 7

I think Zach's type is unavailable. When he gets the prize he doesn't want it. That's why he was "friends" with Lindsay and why he had drinks with still married Katie. If Mindy had been unavailable to him I think she would have been his type. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 10:22 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Is Katie kidding me ? She justified going on a date with Zach by saying “ it was before the show aired so I didn’t see what he was like !?” Yet her and Mindy got matching tattoos because the girls are such good friends  ? Lol . 

If Katie's "drinks" with Zach was really just "friends" then why not tell Mindy BEFORE she went?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I highly doubt that the entire cast would be backing her if she was that much of a shit stirrer. 

I have no trouble believing that at all. I don't think they were "backing her" necessarily. I think it's entirely possible that they all thought she was looking to stir something up by going into that bar AND they thought that Brandon acted badly. That's actually what I think. 

• Love 10