Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: To Live and Text in Beverly Hills

• Start Topic

On 4/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Dorit is so shady in her financial shenanigans.  Why isn’t the title on the home in both her and PK’s names?

If it was to avoid debt why didn’t she do something intelligent and purchase it through a land trust? 

Erika’s panic over grandmotherhood was so canned. A lot of grandmas aren’t old. My grandma was 40 when I was born and I know many 40-somethings with their first grand babies. FFS didn’t Tom her old weird husband have adult kids when they married; therefore she’s played the (step) grandma role already? 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t understand why Sutton announcing that she’s wearing couture bothers Erika so much when Erika’s outfits almost always announce a high-end designer label

While Erika is generally supportive of the other women, I feel that she’s a  bit of a one-upper when it comes to her designer items.  She loves to point out what/who she’s wearing, and if one of the others talks about an item of interest, Erika’s like ‘oh I have that, you’re gonna love it’

So Sutton coming in and talking about uber-expensive couture crap... yeah I see Erika being a little insecure.

• Love 7
On 4/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, nexxie said:

Hopefully, Kyle tells people her line is supposed to be “resort wear” - that didn’t seem clear by what they showed of her fashion show.

I think my little Garden Gnome doesn't know how to dress for herself.

I also think Kyle's clothes line was pretty horrendous. But to be fair, that mustard colored sundress was at least wearable.

In my neck of the woods, during this pandemic they have shut down ALL public Laundromats. Even the ones that pick up/deliver - Ack!!! I'm like Pioneer Little House On The Prairie woman washing everything by hand and jury rigging a clothesline

Anyhoo, I never thought I'd willingly wear one of the outfits from Kyle's fashion line. Right about now, I'd put something of hers on as a "LAST RESORTS WEAR"

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 4/23/2020 at 1:27 AM, Hiyo said:

Yeah, if whatever they have is working for them, then good for them.

The the thing about Sutton is, you'd think she could afford having her clothes tailored to her body style. And if she already is, then that person needs to fired and replaced, stat.

Sutton is another Kyle - she buys what's designer trendy not for her own body.

Is it me or does Sutton try to take on an Alexis Carrington affectation

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sutton is another Kyle - she buys what's designer trendy not for her own body.

Is it me or does Sutton try to take on an Alexis Carrington affectation

Isn't this the same character LVP is compared to? LOL I've googled, and I could totally see Alexis Carrington as Lisa Vanderpump's fashion inspiration! 

• LOL 2

I live in the LA area so I’m loving these mentions of all the neighborhoods! 

I agree with those saying we need higher end ladies up in here. This is BH not OC. I still remember the watching the very first episode of BH and just watching the intro transformed me into Lovey Howell and I blurted out a good, “Oh this is FABULOUS darling!!!” It was like the old “Lifestyles of the Rich and Faaaaaaamous” from the ‘80s, only a reality show! Cool! It was NOT tract homes in the Valley. 

I think Sutton was brought on to up the lux factor and that’s probably the best they could find. She could actually be kind of a Marlo (Atlanta) figure, kind of buzzing around being ridiculous without being a full time HW. I also think Sutton is being denied full time because she doesn’t “look the part” enough. Yet. If she is kept on it will be fascinating how fast she ups her clothing, hair, makeup and—from what I’m reading on this thread—her house game. She apparently has the cash to make it happen.  She has a lot of polishing to do because most well off average ladies are MUCH more put together. She is Lea Black (Miami) levels of rough canvas to be starting with. She also reminds me of one of the Ladies of London, one of the American ones who was into fashion. She was always wearing some couture this or that and it ALWAYS looked wrong. Every time. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
Typos
  • Love 8
On 4/25/2020 at 1:04 PM, heatherchandler said:

Is Encino part of Bel Air?  I’m not familiar with LA at all.

Encino is in the Valley and Bel Air is in Los Angeles.  Apparently, Kyle is living in the new Encino house, which looks more like a private compound.  Someone on this thread found an information article on it.  Smokey Robinson used to live there.  So that makes Dorit, Garcelle and Kyle in the Valley, Erika in Pasadena, Denise in Malibu and Teddi’s place looks like it is in the Hollywood Hills.  The only one who seems to live in BH is Rinna.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Kyle’s been living in that house for years, since 2017, I think. 

5 hours ago, ChattyCathyLA said:

So that makes Dorit, Garcelle and Kyle in the Valley

Dorit lives in Encino?  Did anyone catch where in the Valley Garcelle was moving?  I agree those houses looked way too close to be aspirational.

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kyle’s been living in that house for years, since 2017, I think. 

Dorit lives in Encino?  Did anyone catch where in the Valley Garcelle was moving?  I agree those houses looked way too close to be aspirational.

Those like KB homes aka Ray Elllison homes! they are cookie cutter homes and also right on top of each other. I don't like them at all

17 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

I think Sutton was brought on to up the lux factor and that’s probably the best they could find. She could actually be kind of a Marlo (Atlanta) figure, kind of buzzing around being ridiculous without being a full time HW. I also think Sutton is being denied full time because she doesn’t “look the part” enough. Yet. If she is kept on it will be fascinating how fast she ups her clothing, hair, makeup and—from what I’m reading on this thread—her house game. She apparently has the cash to make it happen.  She has a lot of polishing to do because most well off average ladies are MUCH more put together. She is Lea Black (Miami) levels of rough canvas to be starting with. She also reminds me of one of the Ladies of London, one of the American ones who was into fashion. She was always wearing some couture this or that and it ALWAYS looked wrong. Every time. 

I googled Sutton as I wanted to see her ugly house/decor, but unfortunately since I don't live in the U.S. I could not access the video. However I think it was the Reality TV site where I saw an interview with Sutton where she claims that the reason she was not made a FT howife was because she cannot have her children on the show. (I think she alluded it was due to her divorce and her ex, ala Simon Barney). Yeh, because that is why fans tune in - to see the spoiled spawn of the howives. Lets see, just on this franchise, how often do we see kids? Dorito's - not often which is already too often; Rinna - not often which is already too often; Erica - never as he is an adult with too much common sense to be on the show; Kyle - likely the most with Portia, which is definitely too often; Denise and Teddi - once in awhile, but again too often even at that. Sorry Sutton, you aren't FT because you just aren't that interesting. Or rich, since your net worth is reported at 2 million. Though the newbie is hardly rolling in it, since she is moving into a tract house where she could easily spit on her neighbours from her house if she was so inclined. 

I can't say that I really care where the howives live, as I have always assumed that BH itself is pretty small, so most if not all howives live somewhere else. I took the name to mean they are rich, but that doesn't seem to be a requirement. LVP likely had the nicest property in the last few years, and it wasn't in BH. I do like Rinna's property, and Kyle's house though not the decor. I also liked Eileen D's when she was on. But Denise's and new gal's homes are just depressing. Not much better than Gina in OC, living in her casita. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I do like Rinna's property, and Kyle's house though not the decor. I also liked Eileen D's when she was on. But Denise's and new gal's homes are just depressing. Not much better than Gina in OC, living in her casita. 

I really miss Kyle’s old house. I personally really like Bel Air and her house was such a classic, classy HOMEY home. A home that with regular updates—like her last kitchen there—never goes out of style. I realize it was no huge manse but I just loved it. I think the new property and bones of the new house are beautiful, but I strongly dislike the entire way it has been done inside. It goes counter to the house’s character and just feels like a hollow, vast space with too-bright lighting. I think that house would be so much more desirable if it was kept more original inside. Apparently I am an old soul when it comes to houses. 🤔

I was so sad when she moved. It was like when Mary Richards moved into that terrible modern apartment towards the end of Mary Tyler Moore. Changed the whole feel of the show. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

I really miss Kyle’s old house. I personally really like Bel Air and her house was such a classic, classy HOMEY home. A home that with regular updates—like her last kitchen there—never goes out of style. I realize it was no huge manse but I just loved it. I think the new property and bones of the new house are beautiful, but I strongly dislike the entire way it has been done inside. It goes counter to the house’s character and just feels like a hollow, vast space with too-bright lighting. I think that house would be so much more desirable if it was kept more original inside. Apparently I am an old soul when it comes to houses. 🤔

I was so sad when she moved. It was like when Mary Richards moved into that terrible modern apartment towards the end of Mary Tyler Moore. Changed the whole feel of the show. 

I liked Kyle's old house better too. And really dislike how she renovated the new one. And I loved your comparison to MTM - her cozy studio apartment is part of what made the show so charming. 

• Love 2

Dorito's - not often which is already too often

I think her kids are one of the few things I enjoy about her. They're cute, and unlike the spawn of other HWs, relatively well behaved. Too bad their parents suck.

• Love 5
On 4/28/2020 at 12:10 AM, HelloOutThere said:

She also reminds me of one of the Ladies of London, one of the American ones who was into fashion. She was always wearing some couture this or that and it ALWAYS looked wrong. Every time. 

it's got to be Juliet!  I don't think it was couture, but she always looked ridiculous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, princelina said:

it's got to be Juliet!  I don't think it was couture, but she always looked ridiculous.

Yes! That’s it. Ladies of London is a bit fuzzy in my memory, but it was underrated now that I think about it! Some quality train wrecks and villains, and even grand old English estates. 

Better than tract homes in the Valley!!

• Love 4
On 4/23/2020 at 12:15 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

It isn't even her birth year (not that that would make any sense either) as it appears she was born in 1970.

Honest to God I would have never thought 1970 for this woman, more like 1960.  Her body is like an apple on two toothpicks. Very strange build and very strange woman.

• LOL 2
On 4/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Sorry Sutton, you aren't FT because you just aren't that interesting. Or rich, since your net worth is reported at 2 million.

If she lives in Bel Air, which it appears that she does, her home alone is worth WAY more than $2 million (even it it needs to be remodeled and the furnishings are dated - the land it's sitting on is worth $2-3 million AT LEAST).  She's also one of the premier society party givers in Los Angeles, and you can't do that without a ton of cash.  Plus, look at her designer clothes and handbags.  Probably a few hundred thousand in her closet alone.  I just wish she would get a decent haircut, hair color and makeup.  Those bangs have gotta GO!  

• Love 1
On 4/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Though the newbie is hardly rolling in it, since she is moving into a tract house where she could easily spit on her neighbours from her house if she was so inclined. 

Garcelle is moving somewhere FAR out into the Valley where an enormous, fancy tract house is probably only around $800,000 or so because it's so far out and the land isn't worth very much, so you're just paying for the new construction, fancy finishes  and the developers' profits.  These areas are usually called "bedroom communities" because they are not near anything and people have to travel far to get into work and then fight traffic both ways --- just to sleep in their big, fancy houses.  The expensive areas of the Valley (Encino, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Woodland Hills) are so densely built up already,  that there is no room for new developments.  A fixer-upper or tear down on a 50 X 150 foot lot in these areas starts at $1.2 million, just to give you an idea - and that's just for the land -- and that's not in the desirable parts.  

• Useful 2
On 4/28/2020 at 10:24 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

Did anyone catch where in the Valley Garcelle was moving?  I agree those houses looked way too close to be aspirational.

She is probably living way far out into the valley because the good sections no longer have any buildable space.  Probably in a "bedroom community" somewhere -- called that because people travel in heavy traffic far distances to and from work so that they can get to their fancy, new home in "shitz creek" where there is really nothing much to do.  Her fancy new home is probably only worth around $800,000 because the land is worth little and she's paying for the new construction and the developers' profits.  In the good parts of the valley, a tiny 50 X 150 foot lot would go for around $1.2 million and that's in the lower end of the good parts, like on or next to a major street or commercial building or something else undesirable. 

• Useful 1