Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Let's Hurt Him

Annalise is forced to fight for her life while Gabriel approaches Michaela, Connor and Oliver with a theory about Sam’s murder. Frank and Bonnie have a heart to heart.

Airdate: Thursday, April 16, 2020

Wow, Nate was really...doing something this episode! I laughed out loud at the face he made when he was torturing Xavier, and at the total blase way he apparently snapped his neck for good. Those scenes were so poorly acted and directed. I didn't find myself caring about what happened even a little bit.

Annalise talking about how Gabriel will be in trouble if she tells the AUSA how she knows somebody in the FBI killed Asher...who cares though? Who? If Gabriel dropped off the face of this show with no explanation, it wouldn't matter a bit!

Oliver is also grating on my last nerve. In a show full of murderers, somehow he is coming off like the one with the antisocial personality. Connor and Michaela have gotten caught up in some terrible stuff, but at least they have the wherewithal to feel bad about it. I don't think Oliver gives any of it a second thought.

And finally...what is the big Sam/Hannah secret? I remember when she first showed up in season one, Annalise made an offhand comment about incest. It's not that, is it? Please oh please don't let it be that.

• Love 8

The first thing that popped into my head was Sam & Hannah were sleeping with each other and Frank was their love child. I'm really hoping I'm wrong though because that would be lame, lazy & obvious. Also like others have pointed out we already did that with the Hapstalls a few seasons ago. At the same time I can't get that incest comment that AK made to Hannah out of my head.

In this stage of the game I'm totally fine with AK  fuc*ing over Connor & Michaela. Those two were willing to sell her out after all the shit they did that she helped them get through. Oliver though was the worst this episode. His not having an issue with AK being put to death was fuc*ing disturbing. Same goes for the female lawyer that Michaela's dad is working with. Not to mention her dad is a POS for giving up AK's location. I think he is pissed that their relationship didn't go the way he wanted it to. He's letting his male ego get in the way.

I knew that the governor was in on all of this. She had had it out for Annalise & was NOT going to drop it. Nate is trash & I really wish that he would die already. Tegan continues to be my favorite person & just priceless. I'm so afraid for her but I'm also afraid to hear something about her I don't want to hear. A big old MEH to Robert coming back. What a waste of time & space. I still say if Tegan survives & hasn't killed anyone that she deserves a spin-off. Franks full of shit when he says that he's over Laurel. Bonnie is going to end up getting hurt in the end when Laurel pops back up. You just know that when Laurel comes back she is going to lay it on with Frank & feed him a BS line about the three of them(her frank & the baby) being a family. I loved watching the FBI guy & the Prosecutor get mad when Annalise played the recording It was *chefs kiss*. 

When watching Frank do "surveillance" all I could think of was: 

dont.gif

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Not to mention her dad is a POS for giving up AK's location. I think he is pissed that their relationship didn't go the way he wanted it to. He's letting his male ego get in the way.

The whole time he was talking with Michaela I kept thinking, "Isn't this the same guy who was pushing that 'more women in charge' seminar thing or whatever a while back?" And Michaela, and us viewers, saw it for the patronizing, phony BS it was? This just further proves that.  Of course somebody like Annalise would feel like a threat to his masculinity. 

I also agree that Bonnie needs to just steer as clear of Frank as possible, and not fall for his sweet talk towards her. I know she's in a very vulnerable place emotionally and all, but yeah. 

Good on Tegan for being able to help spare Annalise the death penalty. Some great scenes between them this episode, and I like how they explored Tegan's feelings about her along the way. I also liked Annalise's speech to the media. The guilt and pressure does seem to be getting to Connor and Michaela more and more, so it'll be interesting to see how far it pushes them, and what it might lead them to do (or not do). 

I can't even begin to fathom what the deal is with Sam and his sister. Hm. 

• Love 3

I don't care how awful Xavier is (he is) or how awful an actor Gerardo Celasco is (and he really is), when he was tied to that chair, all I could think was:

Mindy-Kalings-Body-Is-Very-Attracted-To-

Celasco and Billy Brown mumbled so much of their dialogue in their horrible scenes that I only caught about 60% of what was going on.  Somehow, I don't think it mattered.  I did certainly hear Nate say "my pops," though, and I screamed.  At least we can now technically add Nate to the list of actual murderers.  Pin everything on him, Jorge!

Annalise is not on that list, nor are Michaela and Connor who don't deserve to take the fall for this shit.  I have zero sympathy for Gabriel, and I don't want to see Annalise screw Michaela and Connor over for his beautiful but utterly specious, unsympathetic, and uninteresting ass.  Nothing we've been shown about him makes me care one iota for his survival, especially at the expense of two characters I do care about, and I didn't like having no sense of what that dickhead FBI agent was going to do to Michaela and Connor when he absolutely coerced them to begin with.

Oliver...

fs9.gif

But, really, Conrad Ricamora...

giphy.gif?cid=dc79c3575c93c3346249537a77

• Love 11

Eh, I already considered Nate a murderer.   So now he's just like the worst person on this show,  and a fucking hypocrite. 

I remember rooting so hard for Oliver in seasons 1 and 2, I miss that feeling. 

I really don't want Connor or Michaela being fucked over in the end of this.   I'll be so disappointed. 

• Love 7

Yeah, Annalise definitely doesn't deserve the death penalty for things she didn't do. I'm glad she got herself out of it. But I also don't feel like Michaela/Connor deserve to be screwed over either. They're about as culpable as Annalise. They have NOT murdered anyone. I get why Annalise recorded them and used it to get herself out of the death penalty. For her, it was smart, just like I could see why Connor and Michaela took that deal. 

But now, let's let them all work together to get out of this mess. 

Michaela is dumb for trusting in the father she just met. I hope she's not that dumb. Of course he's shady and probably using you. It's hard to really believe that he cares this much for Michaela. I just can't quite figure out his end goal, besides probably working for Birkhead to get Annalise convicted/killed. Michaela deserves a better parent than this guy, unless they really ARE trying to give her a happy ending with her father and he's supposed to be trying to be better. But probably not.

Now, I'm also rooting for Oliver to not be with Connor when this show ends. He's been about on par with Nate for me; two men who I really wish didn't last as long as they have. But he's gotten WORSE since being brought in to the group full time. I hate seeing him ask Connor to let Annalise essentially die just so he doesn't have to be sad about his husband going to prison. Just like I hated how he asked Connor to let Michaela rot in jail while he took the deal. 

Again, it doesn't help when I've never liked Oliver in the first place and he's just getting worse for me. At this point, I'll gladly take Laurel. Maybe not her crazy family, but I'd take Laurel back. And I say this as someone who got increasingly more pissed off when the show started focusing too much on Laurel and not enough on Asher, Michaela, and Connor. 

Speaking of the Castillos, it looks like Nate is now classified as a murderer with how he killed Xavier. I mean, Nate already beat Ronald to near death to the point where Bonnie had to put him out of his misery, but this neck snap was so cold and calculating. He's turned into Frank. I had to laugh a little at Frank's reaction, as if he's never done anything bad like that himself.

No, I'm rooting for Frank and Nate to go to jail at the end of this. I may like Frank more, but he's killed a bunch of people at this point. 

Though...Bonnie has too and I still root for her to get away. She deserves WAY better than Frank. It does seem like they're aiming for a Frank/Bonnie endgame, rather than a Frank/Laurel endgame. 

And it also looks like we may get Tegan/Annalise at the end of this. I now totally picture the end scene of the series being the two of them on a beach somewhere. 

As for the end with the Sam/Hannah reveal...I'm guessing Hannah and Sam were having sex, but I bet she was raping him (as she IS older). Because, no doubt, this show WOULD try to find a way to get people to feel bad for Sam by the end of the series. Hey, if they can insert a bazillion Sam flashbacks despite him being dead since season 1.....

• Love 8

When Tegan called Robert “boo boo,” I died. I absolutely love Tegan. That scene between them when Annalise showed how scared she was and said she didn’t want to die was so powerful. I was tearing up with Tegan. And when the ruling was announced and Annalise immediately held out her hand for Tegan to hold, I teared up again. I don’t support the death penalty so this was hard for me to watch.

Y’all know how I feel about Robert (call me, Robert) but him being in this episode was just weird.

My mind went to incest with Sam and Hannah too. Ugh, this was all very dark.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

No, I'm rooting for Frank and Nate to go to jail at the end of this. I may like Frank more, but he's killed a bunch of people at this point. 

Though...Bonnie has too and I still root for her to get away. She deserves WAY better than Frank. It does seem like they're aiming for a Frank/Bonnie endgame, rather than a Frank/Laurel endgame. 

I'd like to see Nate go to jail, but Frank go free. But I acknowledge that he's done too many terrible things to be unpunished at the finale. It'd be more appropriate for him to think he was going to get some kind of HEA, then die by some twist of fate totally unrelated to any machinations of anyone else on the show, like not looking both ways before crossing the street. 

• Love 5

Again, it doesn't help when I've never liked Oliver in the first place and he's just getting worse for me. At this point, I'll gladly take Laurel. Maybe not her crazy family, but I'd take Laurel back. And I say this as someone who got increasingly more pissed off when the show started focusing too much on Laurel and not enough on Asher, Michaela, and Connor. 

https://tenor.com/WQKc.gif

"Why would you say something so controversial yet so brave?"

Edited by PepSinger
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Michaela is dumb for trusting in the father she just met. I hope she's not that dumb. Of course he's shady and probably using you. It's hard to really believe that he cares this much for Michaela. I just can't quite figure out his end goal, besides probably working for Birkhead to get Annalise convicted/killed. Michaela deserves a better parent than this guy, unless they really ARE trying to give her a happy ending with her father and he's supposed to be trying to be better. But probably not.

I would have been far more pissed off than Michaela was for her attorney violating attorney/client privilege. Just because Daddy writes a check doesn't mean that he's entitled to know privileged information. Michaela is the client. 

Oh, Nate. You suck. Watching the scene between Xavier and Nate was absolutely painful. Neither one of them can act. Good grief, what did we do to deserve this?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Delphi said:

Eh, I already considered Nate a murderer.   So now he's just like the worst person on this show,  and a fucking hypocrite.

Oh, I did, too, but there are viewers who maintained (ridiculously) that he didn't kill Miller because Bonnie finished him off (when the rest of us sensibly know that he was about three minutes away from dying of his Nate-inflicted injuries anyway).  Now, there are no technicalities, and I just hate his beautiful, dumb, hypocritical, expressionless face.

AK + TP 4eva!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So, I admit that I dont exactly run around snapping necks on a regular basis, so I cant be certain, but I feel like it has to be a lot harder to do than whatever it was Nate did. I didn't even realize he was supposed to have actually killed Xavier, it looked like he just pushed his head a little bit! Oh that whole scene was just awful, the more dramatic scenes they give Nate, the more his one facial expression drives me nuts. He might have also made me permanently hate the word "Pops" so thanks for that as well! God, of all the people on this show that deserve to be in jail on this show, Nate is high on my list. 

On the other hand, I dont want to see Michaela and Connor or Annalise end up getting totally screwed over in the end. All of them have made terrible mistakes, but a lot of those mistakes involved covering up for other peoples stuff, and do at least feel really horrible for what has happened. Its clear that Michaela and Connor really dont want to actually do anything to throw Annalise under the bus, and while they certainly have done messed up stuff, they are probably actually the K5 members who have done the LEAST amount of bad things (no murders or anything!) and it would suck if they were the only ones to really take the fall. Well, except for Asher, who died (maybe?) of course. And while Annalise is certainly up to shady stuff, its clear that this is a vendetta by the people in the government who hate her for fighting the system, and, again, half the stuff she has done is covering up for other people or her trying to do the right thing. Now I hope that they can all just work together to get out of this. I understand why Connor and Michaela took the deal, and why Annalise recorded their conversation, but now they need to be on the same team. Its also interesting that this whole thing is down to Michaela and Connor and Annalise, as the two of them have always had such specifically complicated relationships with Annalise, in a really strong love/hate kind of way. 

So conflicted about Frank/Bonnie, because Frank is clearly a really dangerous and scary person and Bonnie ideally would be with someone more stable (thanks Nate! Dick!) but...Bonnie is kind of scary too, and Frank really does know her super super well and accepts her for all that she is, so would they're respective darkness just make each other darker so much that they drown in it, or would they cancel each other out and come out less, you know, murder-y? 

I get that Oliver is worried about his husband, but his lack of concern about anyone else, even Annalise possibly being executed, is really disconcerting. Connor and Michaela are falling apart over it, but he is just like whatever it happens we need to focus on us! Its not even him not wanting to do anything, its like he doesn't care, like when he wanted Connor to screw Michaela over. You know Oliver, maybe if you hadn't deleted Connors acceptance letter to a different school so that you could get your hacker dreams fulfilled, none of this would have even happened?!? 

Tegan is, as always, the best. She had a lot of great scenes this week, like when she was defending Annalise, and when she was on the phone saying how she was her partner but not her "partner" partner kind of awkwardly, and gave a kind of "come on Tegan, what was that?" look. She is normally so cool and collected, its fun to see her have a sort of awkward moment. 

So...incest? Sounds about right as far as ways to wrap this show up. 

• Love 11

I would be quite happy if both Nate and Oliver ended up dead. I just find them both so annoying. Surprisingly I hope Bonnie and Frank get away free. Yes, they have done murderous stuff. But I don't have to hear them saying "pops" every episode. 

I am still curious about Wes showing up. I hope he is not alive.

• Love 8

I'm having such a hard time putting into words my new theory on why the secret doesn't have to do with incest. In season 1 we saw Annalise make that incest quip to Hannah. Which kind of makes me think that she did know about it and was using it to torture Hannah. Like if Sam had told her in confidence & she used it as a weapon against Hannah. Also it would mean that Hannah was vying for her brothers affections & that's why she didn't like Annalise. Therefore if Annalise DID know then that wouldn't be a shock. That wouldn't be news to her. Whatever she finds out it throws her for a loop. I'm hoping that this is the case because an incest storyline would be blah. 

• Love 2

I don't think it's incest because that's where everyone's mind went immediately. For something that is supposed to be shocking even to Anneliese, that would be anticlimactic to the extreme. I also think it has to be something that Anneliese can leverage against Hannah and everyone backing her to get herself out of this mess. What about the Keating parents? I don't remember hearing anything about them. Maybe Hannah killed them, and Sam knew or even helped. It could have been inadvertent if they really want to go with Sam was never that bad and/or Hannah has been the actual Big Bad all along.

No, Bonnie! NOOOOO! As soon as Anneliese said that Bonnie loved Frank I started cussing. I realize that Bonnie is a murderer and literally killed her own happiness, but I still want good things for her. Frank is no one's good thing. Why couldn't she have ended the show still grieving Ron? Finding her own feet again? Leaving Philly to start over with mommy Anneliese (every time Ophelia mentions Anneliese's lack of husband/family, I expect her to point out the obvious- she has a child in all but blood)? I could even live with her turning herself in to take the bullet for Anneliese. That last one is not my preference but at least it would make perfect character sense.

I've come to realize that I would perfectly satisfied with Nate and/or Frank going down for it all in the end. I read something that called Anneliese 'compulsively watchable' and that is exactly it for me. I want to imagine her story continuing. I want Mikayla and Connor to walk away too. Oliver can go with them I suppose (I really don't care where Oliver goes at this point). Teagan goes without saying- none of this had better touch her perfect.

Frank and Nate, on the other hand, are not just deserving of jail but seem to be on a singular track towards it. If I have to choose, I nominate Nate. He is less charismatic, less dynamic, less interesting and just altogether dumber than Frank. Every time he re-enters the story it blows my mind that Nate of all people still hasn't gotten caught. He's a selfish idiot! At least Frank has loyalty and love as alternate motivations. Nate's such a blank slate that anything he does, even breaking a dude's neck, gets a shrug that 'of course he did.'

Edited by l star
  • Love 5

I doubt it's incest because that would be too obvious and even clunkier than the Gabe/Sam reveal. But if it is and I were Hannah's actress, I'd be less than thrilled that I show I hadn't been on in years (?) invited me back solely to do a plot about my character fucking her brother, lol. Also, this show isn't a source of healthy relationship boundaries, but why does every character want to have sex with everyone they care about? I normally eye roll that "platonic love is important too!" but for once, a cast could benefit from being less horny.

Conrad Ricamora is delightful, but man, he can't act his way out of a paper bag. This final stretch is really proof that Oliver should've stayed a side character. His characterization has also just sucked lately. He's self-absorbed, whiny, needy, and just plain distracting. I guess the writers felt the need to drag him down morally to join the K5, but instead of making him brooding or complicated they just made him insufferable.

Stop trying to make Nate happen!!!!

Seems like a double standard re: Robert and Teagan both wanting to fuck Annaliese, but I'm fine with it if we avoid a triangle. So is he just...gone now? They're running out of eps to do a triangle if that's what's happening. I think Teagan is going to get her heart broken either way, sadly. 

You just know a Coliver/Michaela threesome is coming.

• Love 2

I knew Birkhead was going to go nuclear when Annalise called her “basic.” Laura Innes’ eyes got so flat and cold...

Agree that there’s probably something more to the Hannah reveal than (just?!) incest , mostly because of what Vivian said. She got away from the family, not just Sam.

• Love 1

I’m really disappointed with these recent episodes. There are only 3 episodes left; how are they getting to point Z by zig-zagging all over the place and wasting time  with these stupid extraneous characters muddling it all up?! 

I want the main characters’ stories to be tied up, as much as possible. We’ve invested a few years with these people. Some of them are our “friends”. Let some of them live happily ever after. 

Give us a decent SERIES ENDING, please!!!!  I’m seriously starting to feel like they’re going to Lost this ending, IYKWIM.  They’re ruining this series for me. 

Ok, vent over. 😒

• Love 3
14 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

But if it is and I were Hannah's actress, I'd be less than thrilled that I show I hadn't been on in years (?) invited me back solely to do a plot about my character fucking her brother, lol.

It is her paycheck so she wouldn't care at all

On 4/17/2020 at 4:12 PM, tennisgurl said:

So conflicted about Frank/Bonnie, because Frank is clearly a really dangerous and scary person and Bonnie ideally would be with someone more stable (thanks Nate! Dick!) but...Bonnie is kind of scary too, and Frank really does know her super super well and accepts her for all that she is, so would they're respective darkness just make each other darker so much that they drown in it, or would they cancel each other out and come out less, you know, murder-y? 

Aren't they all sociopaths like, all of the characters?

I was never able to get into this show to follow it closely but decided to give it a second chance in these times of pandemic distancing. I started a soft binge and am now on season 4. Usually, I can't watch anything Shonda related but this show seems to have a tiny bit of a looser Shonda grip. I still hate all characters, just not all at once. As I watch the seasons, I realize that I even feel warm towards one or the other sometimes. I actually hated Wes most of the time he was more of a regular.

• Love 2

Meh, Khaleesi turned out to be not so great, Tegan. Going scorched earth can go very wrong. Loved your earrings though.

"No more secret in a circle crap!" Says everyone who's been watching this show since season one.

So now Bonnie is the love of Frank's life? Okay then. 😑 Just wait until Laurel pops up one last time. Bonnie might kill Frank if he dumps her again and I would not be mad at her.

"Look here, boo boo." Whoo boy, Tegan does not suffer people telling her about herself. Or male competition for Annalise apparently. Buh bye, Robert. With your fine self.

Nate's got that kung fu grip, lol. And poor impulse control. Not feeling sorry for Xavier though.

Sam and Hannah, huh? Oy, Game of Thrones; the gift that never stops giving. I bet lazy writers will be serving GoT references for another decade at least. 😐

Re that angle, my favorite comment from reddit concerns a possible flashback scene between Anna, Sam, and Hannah:

"Why is your penis on your sister's phone?"

😮

I am still curious about Wes showing up. I hope he is not alive.

I will only be okay with it if he comes back to kill Gabriel for trying to bite on his style.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I love Tegan as the next person, but I'm not sure that it's in character for her to call herself "Khaleesi." Does she seem like the sort of person who would watch Game of Thrones or expect AK to get that reference? Also, is AK Jon Snow in that scenario? Because that didn't work out so well.

I do want to see Eve in some way, shape or form before the show ends. If a casual acquaintance had gotten accused of murder, one might check in. If it's the one-time love of your life, you think you definitely would.

I was surprised to find out that the writers apparently did not make up the death penalty review panels from whole cloth.

• Love 2

I love Tegan as the next person, but I'm not sure that it's in character for her to call herself "Khaleesi." Does she seem like the sort of person who would watch Game of Thrones or expect AK to get that reference? Also, is AK Jon Snow in that scenario? Because that didn't work out so well.

Yeah, I don't think Tegan as Khaleesi works at all if you've watched GoT's final season. I would consider AK Khaleesi and Tegan her dragon, Drogon but that might be iffy too since that means things don't turn out so well for AK in the immediate future. As far as Jon Snow is concerned, I think he's been represented by the collective Keating 5 4.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
On 4/21/2020 at 2:34 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I don't think Tegan as Khaleesi works at all if you've watched GoT's final season. I would consider AK Khaleesi and Tegan her dragon, Drogon but that might be iffy too since that means things don't turn out so well for AK in the immediate future. As far as Jon Snow is concerned, I think he's been represented by the collective Keating 5 4.

Ah, but isn't HTGAWM a few years behind the 'real' world.  So maybe Tegan just hasn't seen the final season of GoT yet. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Nate is such a moron. I mean, I get wanting payback for his father but keeping Xavier alive would've helped everyone out instead of killing him. Even Frank managed to understand that and that's not counting Bonnie's influence in the matter.

Annalise got the death penalty and I thought it would stick for an episode or two instead of getting thrown out but it's probably smart they didn't drag it out.

Tegan's Game Of Thrones reference was cute but clumsy. She was still the right person to have represent Annalise though instead of Robert.

Oliver has been annoying the last few episodes. At least Connor and Michaela are trying to make things a little better. 

Don't care for Gabriel but Vivian's little reveal about Sam/Hannah cannot be good, 8/10

• Love 1