Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Sharon actually did another good thing today by giving Tessa a pep talk. Kudos Sharon kudos. 

I caught some of that. First of all, Tessa can speak now? I found it hysterical that Sharinsane was talking to Tessa about "big business" and telling her how "big business" works. So Tessa is being given some COO job? And how many times in the convo did Sharinsane say, "trust me"? People only say, "trust me", when they are lying.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I caught some of that. First of all, Tessa can speak now? I found it hysterical that Sharinsane was talking to Tessa about "big business" and telling her how "big business" works. So Tessa is being given some COO job? And how many times in the convo did Sharinsane say, "trust me"? People only say, "trust me", when they are lying.

Sharon dispensing  advice in the middle of the day. Wearing an all-white ensemble, looking like she is going out for dinner and dancing. Any minute she may have to jump up, make someone a latte and a bagel. 

Out on the patio, Kevin and Chance are doing police business. On a laptop. In a public place where there is free wi-fi. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Ugh, I just can't stand to see Billy and Chelsea being chummy, especially now that he knows her agenda wrt Johnny.

Was that a wee chem test between Chance and Sally? Sigh, so much pretty. Too bad he's happily married...for now.

Sally, Sally, Sally. Stop whining about Adam to anyone who'll listen. It's not a good look for an up and coming CEO, in a town where most people aren't trying to show you any sympathy over anything.

Is Chelsea lowkey trying to come between Billy and Lily? Shady biatch.

For once I think Nick was right. The Newmans should avail themselves of a crisis PR firm before Victor stonewalls them all right into jail. Anyone seen Olivia Pope lately? 😏

Nick said Newman Media has a reputation for journalistic integrity. Lol, since when? Adam was mainly using it as a digital slam book against foes. Maybe its rep will improve now that Sally's in charge and isn't using NM to settle old scores.

Interesting game of chicken between Adam and Sally. Fella, have you met Sally? She sees you coming down Broadway with your little Jedi mind tricks.

Whoa, was Noah trying to step to Grandpa Vic over the Ashland thing? Hope he has a GPS app on his phone because he is veering way out of his lane. Maybe he's concerned about his father being implicated in Victor's cover-up but does he even know about that yet?

I don't know how were Victoria and Nate ever couple. Especially since she was engaged to his Uncle Neil back in the day when Nate had to have still been a little boy--if he was even born yet. So weird. 😒

So Nick is in charge of Sally now? That doesn't bode well IMO.

Aww, Lily, looks like your C-W family legacy fantasy is blowing up in your face. You can't make Nate qualified for a job you gave him just for being your cousin. Nepotism not for the win, hon.

Chance getting all hot and bothered in Adam's face. Ehhh. Bigger fish need fryin', Chance.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

Every day I think to myself who is the most repulsive and repugnant character on here and usually it changes daily ....but for the last couple of episodes that she’s been in, it’s Chelsea...and believe me that’s saying a lot with all the horrible characters on this show but after today, I think I will be fast forwarding all her scenes because she did the unthinkable and made me feel bad for Billy....

....The character (and actress) has no charm or grace and is so un-selfaware ...never mind the fact that she and Billy should certainly not be any kind of friends but the way she was just casually chilling with him today and throwing popcorn at him and acting like a couquette....I’m over it....🤮

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Every day I think to myself who is the most repulsive and repugnant character on here and usually it changes daily ....but for the last couple of episodes that she’s been in, it’s Chelsea...and believe me that’s saying a lot with all the horrible characters on this show but after today, I think I will be fast forwarding all her scenes because she did the unthinkable and made me feel bad for Billy....

....The character (and actress) has no charm or grace and is so un-selfaware ...never mind the fact that she and Billy should certainly not be any kind of friends but the way she was just casually chilling with him today and throwing popcorn at him and acting like a couquette....I’m over it....🤮

Her trying to be cutesy while eating popcorn was repugnant and disgusting. I hate her scenes with Billy as well as anyone else on the show. I can’t believe I agree with Billy but I wouldn’t want popcorn all over the floor either. Chelsea, just because Billy doesn’t want to be stepping on your popcorn crumbs doesn’t make him “buttoned up.” It just means he is not a filthy pig like you.
Then the Newman’s sitting around. A crisis PR firm? Oh Nick. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Chelsea not only talks with food in her mouth, I bet she also kisses that way. Or maybe even gum.  

Two things Chance 2.0. If Adam let you down, you would be dead therefore you couldn’t have lived to regret Adam letting you down.  

Why do the monkeys with a keyboard have to keep tearing Adam down?  His ass must be black and blue from all the times the monkeys with a keyboard kicked him there for he is there favorite punching bag. The only punishment Nostrils ever got was putting Chelsea in his orbit. I’m waiting to see if Rodan gets her comeuppance for trying to bring down Diane. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, SiouxB said:

Yeah, today continued the infinity streak of me wondering how Chelsea  is supposed to be appealing to anyone.  It's supposed to be charming that she's...eating popcorn and gleefully letting it fall on the floor like a slob.  Really?

It's funny how the Newmans seem to want to patent being the most protective family ever.   Like they're so unique.  Lots of families made up of actual decent human beings do it better than any of Grampire's minions ever will.

Speaking of, Gramps only really started to get in a good mood once Noah professed his undying loyalty.  Of course.

Show, I repeat, STOP making me take Devon's side.   That disclaimer aside, I don't see how Nate's screw ups have much to do with Devon at all.  The whole focus on whether Devon is jealous is so weird.   If Nate's supposed to be getting clearance for his ideas, and he's not...then that's the whole issue, and it's on him.  

Not a fan of either of them, but I love when characters from different parts of the show interact, so good job on the Nate/Victoria scene.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Now I’m not in the business world, but I’m pretty sure that. COO wouldn’t have to run every decision by the CEO. What would be the point of the position? 

GC is the home of the micromanager.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, SiouxB said:

7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Her trying to be cutesy while eating popcorn was repugnant and disgusting. I hate her scenes with Billy as well as anyone else on the show. I can’t believe I agree with Billy but I wouldn’t want popcorn all over the floor either. Chelsea, just because Billy doesn’t want to be stepping on your popcorn crumbs doesn’t make him “buttoned up.” It just means he is not a filthy pig like you.

3 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Yeah, today continued the infinity streak of me wondering how Chelsea  is supposed to be appealing to anyone.  It's supposed to be charming that she's...eating popcorn and gleefully letting it fall on the floor like a slob.  Really?

Yep.  I'm ready for a real murder mystery and if Chelsea is found with a wide open mouth spilling out with popcorn I hope the GC immediately puts the death down as accidental.  I will have more than one alibi for my whereabouts at the time and I suggest you all do the same.

That sale at Rexx Rugs, I'm sure I saw you all there and I know you saw me.  Right?

Her piggishness and unrelenting assholishness was bad enough but it's 100% unforgivable that she made me feel, even momentarily, sorry for ButtBiscuit.  That freakin' HURT.

Loving Chance, every day and in every way, though I still think, considering the heat and humidity in Genoa City he should be working in a police issue speedo.  They have those, don't they?  I'm sure I've seen such a thing on Bay Watch at one time.  That's, of course, if I'd ever have watched such a show......

Lily, you're back!  I've missed hearing you say "Thenk YEW" and "Totally" while CEOing in your Barbie Malibu Dream House clothes.  Nice to see you having a meeting with your brother CEO so he could fill you in on the disaster of your Family Full Employment Plan.  

Hey Devon, saw you diverting the blame for Nate's hire from yourself to Lily.  Sure, she pressured you, but you've been pretty good at resisting pressure about every other stupid ass decision you've made so I call "foul" on you soft-serve shifting the blame to Lily for agreeing to Nate coming on board.  

That scene with Nate and Victoria - is show hinting that Nate might end up working at Newman, or, God Forbid, be sacrificed as Victoria's next relationship?

Sally was great today and looked it, too.  That long exposition about Adam to Chance was unnecessary and I can't figure out what the reason for that was.  She better not cast a longing glance his way, though.  Abby not only knows where the bodies are buried, she's buried a few of them herself.

• Fire 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

When Nate returned a few years ago he was briefly played by someone else, I remember him doing yoga with Victoria. I believe they were testing them back then. I think they were aiming him to be a health guru Newman whisperer but dropped him for hunkier but dumber Nate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, boes said:

Sally was great today and looked it, too.  That long exposition about Adam to Chance was unnecessary and I can't figure out what the reason for that was.  She better not cast a longing glance his way, though.  Abby not only knows where the bodies are buried, she's buried a few of them herself.

I like Sally, a lot, but she needs to stop giving that  entire  "Adam dumped me" speech ( I like your description as an "exposition" even better) to everyone she runs into. By next week, she'll be stopping strangers on the street.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I am only an intermittent viewer, and I am aware that they probably don't look anything alike, but on first glance, I cannot tell the difference between the new Chance and the new Noah.  They are the same person to me.  Would it kill the producers to try and find some male actors who have blonde or red hair?  Pretty much every white guy on this show from the age of 25 to 50 seemingly has the exact same shade of medium-to-dark brown hair.  Nick, Kyle, Adam, Kevin, Chance, Noah, Billy, etc.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I’m pretty sure Sally’s talk with Chance was mostly to garner sympathy and let his guard down enough to give her information about the investigation. At least that’s the way I’m spinning it in my head. 😀

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I’m pretty sure Sally’s talk with Chance was mostly to garner sympathy and let his guard down enough to give her information about the investigation. At least that’s the way I’m spinning it in my head.

Agreed. I worry more that they're chem testing Sally with Nick than I do her with Chance.  Bad enough they can't allow Adam to be happy for more than two minutes at a time, but having Sally turn to Nick? Please, no.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, mjt626 said:

Now I’m not in the business world, but I’m pretty sure that. COO wouldn’t have to run every decision by the CEO. What would be the point of the position? 

Nate believes his position as COO at Hamilton/Winters gives him the same decision making powers he had as Chief of Surgery, which means that he's stepping on the toes of the CEO, Devon.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Hey, Jack's sitting in the Jabot CEO office! Long time no see.

The low rent Duke and Duchess of Sussex canoodling in the background behind Summer and Kyle were cracking me up. Like those two IRL would be hanging out in some sleepy Upper Midwestern burg.

Why did Nikki summon Phyllis out to the ranch just to ask her for a status report on Project Destroy Diane? Seems to me they could've touched base over the phone. 🤔

Lol, did you forget who you're talking to, Elena? Devon is the guy you cheated on to get with Nate. Do you really think he wants to chat about your and Nate's relationship problems?

Ehh, Nate everything you've done at C-W has also been about personal aggrandizement. You stay wanting to look the most bad@$$ COO ever. Admit it.

Apparently Diane has never had an office job before. She might be easy pickins at work regardless of whatever Phyllis does. Especially if most of her coworkers are a lot younger than her.

The new investigative reporter Talia was looking at Phyllis like, "Huh, maybe the real story is with this one instead of Diane. She's spinning like a top in a tornado over here."

Whee, Lily punted Devon through the goalposts of his ego. Buh, buh, buh, busted Devon! You're still holding a grudge against Nate. Admit it.

Poor Elena. Clown to the left of her, joker to the right. There she is, stuck in the middle of Nate and Devon's mess again.

Summer, stay outta grown folks' business. You don't want to know what your grandma and your mommy are up to. The life you save may be your own.

pretty sure that. COO wouldn’t have to run every decision by the CEO

I think the problem is how Nate keeps making huge decisions outside of his purview. His job parameters don't appear to be sufficiently defined. But Lily's handling it like a popularity contest IMO, and can't be objective enough to fix the problem.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

I am a reality crime show junkie and one person who spurs my irrational hatred is "AND I'M NATALIE MORALES!!!!!" When I saw her show up as Talia I nearly threw my remote. At least she wasn't screaming her lines today!

While I'm thrilled not to have to hear Sally whine about Adam dumping her or watch Chelsea's Latest Thirst Trap™, I FFd through most of today's episode. Also, why is Derwin hell-bent on proving himself to be an asshole in EVERY aspect of his life? Well, he didn't try to dry-hump Elena while they were alone, so I guess that's a win. 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

• LOL 10

I first would like to comment on the COO position. It all depends on the CFO to what powers the executives have. Some CFO’s like to micromanaged and others give the executives, COO, CFO, etc, plenty of latitude in their authority. As a CFO, I could do what I needed to do, pertaining to the company finances, without first checking with the CEO.  In defense of Natey Nate Nate, Devon caused the double booking because the booking is the COO’s responsibility not the CFO. Like Olive, Devon is a micromanager who always think they are the smartest person in the room. 

Did Rodan call her job, at Marchetti, working in the trenches?  How could it be working in the trenches when you were so very very happy to be working with your daughter?  Rodan, I guess getting rid of Diane would make you more satisfied than having an important new job.  

Can Summer and Kyle be any more boring?  It seems like Kyle and Noah are brothers. If Summer is wearing a dress by Marchetti, than Chelsea would have fit right in a head designer. Summers dress 🤢🤮

How many times has Nikki and Rodan looked into Diane’s background and found nothing. Even Michael found nothing as well a Nikki’s PI. So now an investigating reporter will find something to discredit Diane. Is someone going to “dig up dirt” artificially?  Give me a break!  An investigating reporter  comes to Nikki looking for a juicy story how the death of King Kong affected her family and Nikki dissuaded her to believe that Diane is more of a juicy story.  Which rag magazine does this investigating reporter work for?  Nikki was so right by not bringing Rodan to the meeting. It didn’t take more than a few seconds to Rodan to take charge to dictate what information is relevant. 

The snowflake is no longer a snowflake because somewhere somehow Summer got intuitive.  Rodan and Nikki together and Summer realizes something is up. Give that girl the brass ring.  It’s a “Freaky Friday” situation were Kyle has become the snowflake. 

Lily thinks some of Natey Nate Nate’s ideas are pretty good but if she brings them up to Devon 🤯because Natey Nate Nate spoke to Lily without his permission; but now it seems that Devon was surprised when Lily told Devon about Natey Nate Nate’s ideas but he’s still pissed off. 

In talking to Jack, Diane was telling him how fantastic Mariah is and that she can learn quite a bit from Mariah as her boss.  So it’s established that Mariah is Diane’s boss and Rodan shouldn’t have any direct access with Diane. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

When Nate returned a few years ago he was briefly played by someone else, I remember him doing yoga with Victoria. I believe they were testing them back then. 

He was a joke in my house. We rarely saw him with a shirt on and had the acting chops of nuNoah. Expressionless.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I first would like to comment on the COO position. It all depends on the CFO to what powers the executives have. Some CFO’s like to micromanaged and others give the executives, COO, CFO, etc, plenty of latitude in their authority. As a CFO, I could do what I needed to do, pertaining to the company finances, without first checking with the CEO.  In defense of Natey Nate Nate, Devon caused the double booking because the booking is the COO’s responsibility not the CFO. Like Olive, Devon is a micromanager who always think they are the smartest person in the room. 

Fully agree with you.  I've worked at a small company where the COO and CFO had responsibilities but no real power.  The CEO was an extreme micromanager, every single thing had to be run by him.  Seemingly every day they'd be sitting in meetings for one or two hours where they'd be constantly getting screamed at for all the things that they did without his approval, and all the things that they didn't do that he expected they should have done.  Guy expected them to read his mind.  Devon doesn't seem quite that bad, but he is indeed a micromanager and needs everyone to know that he is in control.

12 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

The more they show Philly and Nicki the more I want Diane to be Queen of Genoa City. If not that, then I’d love for her and Jack to end up together and Summer shunning Phyllis.

I fully agree.  I've been 100% Team Diane ever since Mulva came back to the role.  I hated the Maura West version and was happy she was killed.  But I've always liked Mulva.  Now if there was only a way to bring back Mulva's real life husband Linden Ashby.  Where is Cameron Kirsten anyways?  Presumably he's still in jail but can't he be released for good behaviour?  I'd love for him to come back to town and kill Phyllis.

The best part about Diane is that she irritates the crap out of Phyllis and Nikki.  The worst part about Diane is that she makes Phyllis get all screechy.  That voice makes my ears bleed.  Wow I loathe her so much.

1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

[Flash-in-a-pan New Nate] was a joke in my house. We rarely saw him with a shirt on and had the acting chops of nuNoah. Expressionless.

That pretty much describes Carter on B&B and somehow the actor has managed to hold down a job all these years, and in fact in recent years has had his role expanded.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Although I now consider Nate the Clueless Idiot when it comes to Imani, I've got to say, I'm on his side when it comes to his situation with  Devon. Nate may be new to the music business, but he has held executive positions before in the hospital. Devon is treating him like he's fresh out of college, and taking every single opportunity, deserved or not, to put Nate "in his place".  Everything out of Nate's mouth seems to be unworthy just because Devon didn't think of it.

And look at Lily being the grownup in the room! She read Devon for filth on his actions, and even then, it didn't occur to Devon that maybe he was being a little unfair, instead he chose to double down and get mad at Lily for calling him out. He's just being such an immature control freak.

Maybe Lily should bring Nate over to the Chancellor side of Chancellor-Winters. The way things are going with Billy right now, she might be looking for a new COO soon...

• Like 2
  • Love 12

So when all this truth telling happens with Johnny and Conner are they also going to mention Christian is his brother too? Seems like Victoria is sending the kids back to boarding school so that she can avoid telling Johnny for that much longer. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

Does Chelsea want Johnny  to learn the whole truth at this age about his conception, including the fact that Grampire paid Mummy money to fuck his Dad? Or that Christian is really Uncle Adam’s? 
I think these kids are too young to absorb these truly fucked up relationships. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Does Chelsea want Johnny  to learn the whole truth at this age about his conception, including the fact that Grampire paid Mummy money to fuck his Dad? Or that Christian is really Uncle Adam’s? 
I think these kids are too young to absorb these truly fucked up relationships. 

Johnny is already in for a lifetime of intense therapy due to the two Oompa Loompa wannabes he already has to call Mom and Dad:  does he really need to add a birth mother to the mix that wouldn't have made the cut as a Loony Tune extra?

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

You know it’s going to be a bad day when Chelsea shows up in Olive’s office unannounced. It’s almost as bad as when Rodan shows up at all.  

Devon give it up. Your almost as egotistical as Olive. Lily and Natey Nate Nate had a meeting at Lily’s request. During that meeting Natey Nate Nate was asked about his ideas but according to Devon, he wasn’t suppose to answer a direct question from someone who’s also his boss.  Devon your the one that has to figure things out not Natey Nate Nate because your the one being an ass hole.  

Nostrils is a little indignant isn’t he. His first responsibility IS to being COO. If the pod cast is that important to him, than resign. The pod cast is deemed to be profitable but it’s only a minor fraction to the total profitability of CW.  

Chance 2.0 you keep talking about closing Rey’s cases. This is not Rey’s case. Chance 2.0 calls Rey one of the most upstanding guys he’s ever known so I guess Chance 2.0 doesn’t know that Rey didn’t arrest Mia, for pushing Lola into the pool, because she was FAMILY.  Chance 2.0 might be a man of integrity but to me he’s a prick.  Would you think that Chance 2.0 would want to be there for every special Bowie moment?  It doesn’t sound that way because he’s says it’s not fair to him to be asked to be there for every special one of Bowie’s moments. Than he has to bring Devon into the conversation as another deflection.  Now I have another important question. Why was Devon working when he had Bowie at home?  Wasn’t spending time, with Bowie, the most important thing for him?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Devon: Nate wants to be successful right away! 
Umm, isn’t that the idea? 

Kevin: Should we bring the case to the DA? Umm, no. You don’t know who the footprint belongs to, and even if you did you would still have to prove that they moved the body on Victor’s orders. And let’s be honest, this would be pled down to misdemeanors and a fine.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Really, Victoria? People show up at your office unannounced all the time. But I agree Chelsea was kind of rude dropping in at what appears to be after office hours. Those two aren't friendly like that.

Abby said she had to go pick up Dominic from Devon. In this one GC day, Devon has climbed up Nate's hiney, then gotten his face cracked by Lily, then gone back and jumped on Nate again. When did Devon have time to spend with Dominic?

Wow, Chelsea seriously wants to get to Johnny if she went to plead her case to Ice Queen Victoria. Does she need one of his kidneys or something?

I think Abby was out of line asking Chance to drop the Ashland investigation because it's upsetting her family. Half the time the Newmans barely give her the time of day but now they're all up on her to get Chance off their backs. She's clueless.

Nate, it's fine for you to have ideas of your own. It's just not always okay for you to act on them before running them past the bosses. Even when you were chief of surgery you had someone you had to answer to. Get over yourself.

And then Abby tried to play the Dominic card with Chance. Gurrrrl. You should've known better. 😒

Nate: look, cuz, I won't bow down to your obsessive need to control me. What are you gonna do, punch me again?
Devon: naw, man, but I'm
thisclose to putting a hurt on your COO salary. Like reduce it to zero. How ya like them apples?
Nate: how old are you, 97?
Devon: grrr.

Gift-wrapped replacement airpods. Gee, Billy, you're such a romantic. Maybe the next time you can buy Lily a 10-speed blender. 🙄

Lol, Chance has Victoria's number but she sure was trying hard to work him. Again. I'm just waiting for her to flip out and yell at Chance, "Yes Ashland deserved to die and I hope he burns in hell!"

Moral quandary. Please. Abby, the only person in a moral quandary is you. Maybe you should go talk to your Uncle Jack about it. (Because mommy Ashley always sides with Victor regardless.)

Good grief, Ashland is dead and Victoria is still making decisions to keep her kids locked away in boarding school because of him. I think one day they're going to resent her for it. And Billy too.

Kevin, Victor's probably had all of his crack security team members killed and their hands cut off. Absent clear undeniable evidence, or a confession, you and Chance are probably aced out on the Ashland investigation.

So when all this truth telling happens with Johnny and Conner are they also going to mention Christian is his brother too?

Up until today I thought Chelsea and Victoria knew Christian was Adam's kid. So I don't know why neither of them mentioned him as another reason Connor isn't an only child. Wonder why Chelsea isn't putting pressure on Nick to tell Connor and Christian the truth if she's so desperate for Connor to have a sibling he's aware of?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

Whoa boy! The only thing worse than wrapping earpods in a romantic pink box would have been wrapping them in a Tiffany blue box.

I turned to my husband and said "She should punch him in the balls". 😱

Edited by MsMalin
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Would you think that Chance 2.0 would want to be there for every special Bowie moment?  It doesn’t sound that way because he’s says it’s not fair to him to be asked to be there for every special one of Bowie’s moments. Than he has to bring Devon into the conversation as another deflection.  Now I have another important question. Why was Devon working when he had Bowie at home?  Wasn’t spending time, with Bowie, the most important thing for him?  

Eh,  special moment?  Abby said Domino said "Bye Bye" for the first time.  Now if he said, "See ya, sucker", maybe that would have been something to see.  People have to work.

Besides, maybe the kid turned out to be a real jerk, like Stewie from Family Guy.  A special moment will be the first time he says" Have a nice day, now".

I could definitely see that happening.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

Whoa there, Daddy Devon was UPSET when around the child? I thought he required no bad vibez or you can't be a dad?

Abby was being ridiculous with her usual troll logic.  Honestly Chance doesn't seem all that morally conflicted (nor should he be).   He's concerned that Abby might be upset,  but that's different.

If the Newmans- I mean, Victor, same thing- didn't want to be made oh so miserable over this, they shouldn't have turned it into a crime for nothing.  Literally all the angst everyone has should be directed at Victor, it's his stupid fault.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Up until today I thought Chelsea and Victoria knew Christian was Adam's kid. So I don't know why neither of them mentioned him as another reason Connor isn't an only child. Wonder why Chelsea isn't putting pressure on Nick to tell Connor and Christian the truth if she's so desperate for Connor to have a sibling he's aware of?

She definitely knows.  Remember when she was going on the run - can't remember which time - and initially she was taking Christian with her and Connor because she didn't think they should be separated, but then changed her mind.

She's popping up in places these days like some possessed devil doll in a low rent Chuckie movie.  First it was Victoria's office, then she was shadowing ButtBiscuit at the rooftop bar.

I don't agree with Victoria on anything, much, but I think she's completely right to keep that nutjob away from Johnny as long as she can.  I have this feeling she primarily wants both her boys just so she can dress them in matching outfits

giphy.gif

and have them win the Monroe Cheese Days Youngster Yodeling Contest.

It looks great on a resume.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Abby playing the guilt card yesterday because Chance was missing so much family time (many parents have missed some their child’s “firsts”) was ridiculous. If I was in her place…. I would have spent my time at the table by simply running my fingers through his hair.

• Like 4
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

She definitely knows.  Remember when she was going on the run - can't remember which time - and initially she was taking Christian with her and Connor because she didn't think they should be separated, but then changed her mind.

Oh yeah, was that when she left Christian, a baby, on Victoria's doorstep? Good lord, it's a wonder they let Chelsea be around any kids at all. Guess Connor is lowkey psycho enough to fend for himself when he's with her.

Whoa boy! The only thing worse than wrapping earpods in a romantic pink box would have been wrapping them in a Tiffany blue box.

Right? Billy almost pulled that boner move the day of the C-W launch party when he gave Lily a gift in a ring-sized box. She handled it well but geez, he's so thoughtless.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

Who is Christian's mother?  That story is a blur to me.  Didn't Sharon think he was hers and Steve Burton's character and kept him for awhile?  Then her turned out to be the son of Adam?  And wasn't Avery (was that her name? the chef and lawyer character) still around at this time?

ETA:  Also, I don't like Billy at all but thought it was a low blow yesterday when Lily mocked him by saying that he was always begging her to listen to his podcast.  That was mean.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

Wasn't it Sage? 

It was.

And Nick has a jar full of her toenail clippings and a stained drop cloth they loved to use when they had sex so there is DNA if any is needed.

Romance NEVER dies, people!  Not on THIS show.

• LOL 14

Victor is absolutely 100% correct. Chance 2.0 doesn’t really have indisputable proof on what happened to King Kong. Laying out what evidence he has can be disputed. The ring for instance could be that, on second thought, King Kong didn’t want it anymore and threw it on the floor. King Kong is too heavy for one man to carry him a 1/2 mile through dense woods or if he was dragged. No mention, by Chance 2.0 if there was more than one set of footsteps or drag marks in the woods.  Victor’s security guard could been by the car to give King Kong a stern warning about leaving Olive alone and opened the car door for King Kong to leave.  Still the road footage is too grainy to say definitely that it wasn’t King Kong. OK, let’s say the Victor’s security guard drove King Kong’s car to where the accident was staged. How did Victor’s security guard leave the scene?  Where is the evidence that there was a second car?  Wouldn’t there been another car seen following behind King Kong’s car?  One security guard could not have staged the accident. We know what happened but Chance 2.0 can only speculating, at best, without definitive proof.  So, in the end, Chance 2.0 saw the light and is closing the case as to King Kong’s death by tree.  I think is more from not being able to provide definitive proof than anything else.  Chance 2.0 knowing that King Kong was a very evil person he was able to rationalize why he closed the case.  Victor was right again that Chance 2.0 didn’t do it for family but knowing he couldn’t win. 

Chelsea is now BFF with almost all of GC. Nostrils and now even Nikki give Chelsea absolution on the past. Maybe even Olive. 

Eventually Johnny should be told about Connor being his brother but they should wait until he’s old enough to fully comprehend the situation. Now are they going to have to lie to Johnny on how he was conceived?  Along those lines, does Christian know that Banana Breath is not his biological father?  Are they going to also clue Christian in on Johnny and Connor being his brothers?  Since it’s fact and not a spoiler, I’m not going to tag it as a spoiler. Johnny has been recasted. The new Johnny will start in early September. The recast looks like he’s a few years older than the current Johnny. Like Faith who was recast to look older, the same is happening with new Johnny. 

Diane and Jack confessing their devotion for each other was only a day dream. Was I surprised?  Not for a hot second. 

• Love 7

Diane is becoming like a barnacle in Jack's side. She's pretty much on him from dawn until dusk. 👾

Only the Newmans would think a guy should get the death penalty for being a jerk to the family. IMO that's essentially their argument, that even though Nick killed him and Victor tried to cover it up, they're better off with Ashland dead so everything they've done is justified. No muss, no fuss.

Surprised to hear Nikki being so sympathetic toward Chelsea's desire to reveal her relationship to Johnny. She's usually the first to want to close ranks against potential threats to a Newman's status.

Kyle starfishing in bed is not a visual I needed. Hope he's grown out of that because if not, poor Summer.

What is Chelsea up to with Billy? Billy really shouldn't be letting Chelsea in on his relationship issues with Lily or Victoria. For one, I think it's disrespectful to both women.

"Podcast Billy is the real Billy"? Oh William, this bish is straight up manipulating you and you're letting her. Jill, come get your idiot boy.

WTAF? Is this a dream sequence? How is Jack now courting Diane? HOW? Is he that desperate or lonely? Ugh, this must be Men Being Dumb for Women day in GC. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Chelsea makes it sound like doing a podcast is merely an exercise in and an outlet for egotism. Maybe it is for Billy and his whinecast but in general I don't think that's necessarily true.

Oh thank heaven. I thought I was going to have send Cher over to the Abbott manse. But why does Jack care where Diane lives? Ehhh.

AYFKMWTS, Chance? You bent to the Newman pressure. It's neither your nor the Newmans' judgment call whether Ashland deserved to die. He did a lot of bad stuff but the law would not have condemned him to death for it. I hope you get reprimanded when you submit your report. Douchebag.

Based on my studies at Law & Order night school, it seems to me Chance should've had to run this Newman and Ashland stuff by whoever his supervisor is. That probably would not be Paul. Plus, the DA likely would've wanted to be informed about a case involving the high-profile Newmans, regardless. Maybe they would've decided put more resources on the task. I think Chance was assuming a lot of authority over the matter despite it being clear he was in a compromised position. He probably should not ever be investigating his in-laws. And I still don't get why the Newmans talked to him without an attorney present but to their favor, Chance was handing them all the evidence he found so they'd be able to shoot it down. I doubt Rey would've handled things the way Chance did. In fact, Rey's corpse is likely wishing Chance would keep Rey's name out his mouth. 😐

Re next week's previews: Kevin vs. Adam? Yikes.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Somehow, I don’t think Chance is done with this case. I think he’s just spinning the Newmans. At least, I hope so.

I hope so, too.  Based on the expression on his face at the end, it looked like he was contemplating his next move.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I hope so, too.  Based on the expression on his face at the end, it looked like he was contemplating his next move.

The way he was hunkered down over that drink my interpretation was he could be turning into a "boozer because he's a loser." In his mind he let his whole other work team get blown to smithereens. Now, he has failed to observe the Rey Rosales' standard of objective and impartial investigative work. I was so angry at his rationalization that because Poppin' Fresh was a psychopath that hassled the Newmans, any of the circumstances surrounding his death did not merit  deep exploration. Hey, MWTs, even the guys that murdered Whitey Bulger in prison are going trial! IMO if this ends the storyline of the Poppin' Fresh death/cover-up, then Chance has farted all over GC for a couple of weeks, but still.hasn't managed to find a toilet and take a dump. Because of that, if he becomes up a falling down gutter-hugging drunk, I will have zero sympathy. Despite the fact he is a hunk.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

AYFKMWTS, Chance? You bent to the Newman pressure. It's neither your nor the Newmans' judgment call whether Ashland deserved to die. He did a lot of bad stuff but the law would not have condemned him to death for it. I hope you get reprimanded when you submit your report. Douchebag.

That was really disappointing.  I had hopes, with Chance acting like a confident adult with standards, unshakable in standing up to Victor, that there'd actually be reckoning of sorts.  Now, unless there's more, it's another win for the gasbag gang.  

What I liked about Chance was the clear continuity of character from Chance as played by John Driscoll, utterly firm in his conviction as to what is right and wrong to NuChance doing the same.  I thought this was a weak storyline to begin with, considering that bringing Victor to justice for moving a body after getting away with all the truly terrible things he's done would be poor payback for the really awful crap he's pulled throughout his life.  When push came to shove, Chance let himself be influenced by Abby's boneheaded loyalty to a family who don't even seem to know where she lives anymore. 

How many characters is it now that have sacrificed their ethics for this family of lethal nincompoops?  Nate did it a while back when Adam was poisoning Victor's meds, Paul has compromised himself more than once as has Michael.  Is there anyone who ever said No and stuck with it?

Are Chance and sidekick Kevin the only law enforcement left in Genoa City these days?  Has everyone else become a COO?  With Paul gone and never coming back, how about issuing Gloria a badge and a gun?  You know she could carry off the uniform.  

As to Johnny finding out that Chelsea is his birth mother, I think it will be less traumatizing when Johnny realizes that means he's not tied to the Newman clodhopper gene pool.  It's not much comfort but it should be some.

I think Chelsea and Billy make a lovely couple, just a lovely couple and I hope they end up together.

I loathe them both just that much.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

The way he was hunkered down over that drink my interpretation was he could be turning into a "boozer because he's a loser." In his mind he let his whole other work team get blown to smithereens. Now, he has failed to observe the Rey Rosales' standard of objective and impartial investigative work. I was so angry at his rationalization that because Poppin' Fresh was a psychopath that hassled the Newmans, any of the circumstances surrounding his death did not merit  deep exploration. Hey, MWTs, even the guys that murdered Whitey Bulger in prison are going trial! IMO if this ends the storyline of the Poppin' Fresh death/cover-up, then Chance has farted all over GC for a couple of weeks, but still.hasn't managed to find a toilet and take a dump. Because of that, if he becomes up a falling down gutter-hugging drunk, I will have zero sympathy. Despite the fact he is a hunk.

I don’t agree with this. I don’t believe at all that Chance has turned into a “boozer because he’s a loser”. What evidence is this based on and what facts are being presented to support this theory?

• LOL 1
25 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t agree with this. I don’t believe at all that Chance has turned into a “boozer because he’s a loser”. What evidence is this based on and what facts are being presented to support this theory?

Evidence? Facts? You're kidding, right? It's a soap opera we're posting about. If you read my post it was qualified at beginning with that was my interpretation. This entire thread is suffused with interpretations. I hope that doesn't offend you!

• Like 2
  • Love 3