Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Chance you are just another boring corporate nimrod and I have lost l interest in you. Hearing you spout all the corporate buzzwords makes you sound as dumb as your "mentor". Listening to you is like hearing a buzzing fly you can't shoo away.

He can be handsome when he smiles, but 95% of the time his face muscles go slack with his mouth hanging open, making him look dumb as a doorknob, ready for the flies to fly in. The actor doesn't seem to realize that we can see him when others are speaking, so at least pretend to be a participant in the scene.  Peter Bregman is good at that.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I hate when the hair stylist decides it is every actress gets the same hairstyle day. And the stylist does not know how to do updo styles or buns. 

Conner needs to be in the scenes for me to care about the story. If they are recasting go on and do it. 

Sharon Case deserves a story. I would love to see her and Lily team up in business. I hope they play it as Oh, okay! Next! when she comes back to find out Daniel and Heather are a family again. Bring on a new flame for her. 

Two eps to catch up on.

A new theme for Sharon and Lily should be "Flowers" by Miley Cyrus. With a verse added to the effect that they can handle a business, without any of the nepo boys help!

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Bleh, Amanda and Phyllis. Worst BFFs ever.

Billy: so, nephew, your little music festival proposal is cute and all but C-W is into bigger and better things.
Chance: okay, thanks for giving my idea your consideration. I'll get back to work now.
Billy: good.
Chance: wait a minute, I have more to say. How well do you think one of my Marchetti Italian leather loafers will fit up your--
Joi: what? It could happen. Sure.

Ashley certainly had Audra's number. She ain't scurred. But if bets were taken I'd put my money on Audra. To me she seems more like the type who'd kick off her stilletto pumps, remove her earrings, put Vaseline on her face, and proceed to kick some wackadoodle a$$.

Mamie, not sure I'd call Amanda one of Jill's minions. She could probably tie your minor investor self up in complex legal maneuvers before Jill could blink twice.

But Mamie, Chance is both a Chancellor and Jill's grandson. You should be insisting Nate stay away from Chance just like you did re Audra.

Ugh, Billy's syrupy condescension toward Chance. Awful. Jill, please come get your child. 🤬

The Abbotts' main put down of Audra and Tucker is that they have no family. Well, family isn't everything, Jack and Ashley. Just ask Adam Newman. Or Theo Vanderway.

"Glissade. A ragtag collection of moribund companies." Now there's a catchy business slogan. Thanks, Jack! 🤠

Chance told Abby he didn't realize Billy had so much baggage. Seriously? Billy might as well live on a GC airport luggage carousel after three full flights arrive from NYC, L.A., and London. Diverted from O'Hare due to weather.

Whee! Bet Billy didn't wake up thinking he'd be getting read like the verbal equivalent of a CT scanner today. Amanda shut him up good.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

He can be handsome when he smiles, but 95% of the time his face muscles go slack with his mouth hanging open, making him look dumb as a doorknob, ready for the flies to fly in. The actor doesn't seem to realize that we can see him when others are speaking, so at least pretend to be a participant in the scene.

Whoo, savage! 🥳

I heard once that the CBS soaps subscribe to the philosophy that good-looking people can be taught how to act easier than unattractive actors can be made beautiful. Maybe, but I think it's clear CF was hired mainly for his looks. (Also, two out of the last three actors to play Chance were Texans. Interesting coincidence.)

Was it Josh who wrote Vicki’s DID on OLTL? At least part of it? Sorry but ED is no ES and the last thing I want to see is another DID story. 

Geez, I had no idea. Now I am indeed worried JG might actually write a DID story arc for Ashley since he probably feels like he has a proven track record on the subject. 😡

I would love to see her face move.

More savagery. Love it. 😼

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Well it’s clear something is going on in Ashley’s head. She’s having conversations with herself where one part is questioning whether this is the right path and then she replies ‘yes it is.’ I’m not here for a DID story anymore than an Audra vs. Ashley catfight over Tucker.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Catfight over Danny.  That HAS to be an oxymoron, amirite?

eta: an episode without Diane is a wasted episode. I can't wait to see her scheme ever so slowly unfold now she's Mrs. Jack Abbott..ya know she has an agenda lurking under that fabulous wardrobe!

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Nostrils are you telling Chance you are tabling his proposal for the future but it sounds like it can be handled in the very near future?  Like it could be weeks instead of months. 

Does anyone in GC mind their own business?  Silly rabbit, everything in GC is everybody’s business.  

Chance, welcome to the world of business. Everyone gets used even family members. What I took away from Chance’s conversation with Nostrils is Chance telling Nostrils to go fuck himself. Chance is a trained observer but even a blind man can see the animosity between Devon and Nostrils. 

Now, when I see Nostril, I see a condescending  arrogant piece of shit ass hole. It makes me yearn for the old days of Billy Miller’s smile and a fun loving roguish personality that was Billy Abbott. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

If only someone had given The Grinning Soul  podcast as much scrutiny before greenlighting it.

I think if you go into a darkened room and stand in front of a mirror, then close your eyes and say, "The Grinning Soul" three times, when you open your eyes, 

THIS will be staring back at you from inside the mirror,

giphy.gif

and you will be forever cursed with a stuffy nose and gassy moments.

Oh, the Humanity!

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

For me, acting-wise,I will take Billy on most days over Devon and Nick.  If we are going to include all the characters, I would take him over Phyllis.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

It's hard to consider Ashley as being completely sane & manipluative not because she's not capable, she is. But that flashback of her car wreck/miscarriage and those voices in her head point to something else. When Ashley was being combative & bitchy towards Diane, it was obviously mean girls circa 2004 behavior. Not disturbed, & unsettled like now. The tone is completely different. If it's DID then JG is worse than I thought, Ashley already has PTSD from real trauma that happened to her. So just go with that instead of shoehorning a played out illness onto her. 

I cringed at Amanda glossing over Phyllis faking her death, and her lame girlboss slogans. She's clearly an instrument of the narrative since Phyllis is almost as propped as Victor & his spawn with Nikki are at this point. So naturally she can't be held accountable for a damn thing....not longer than 10 seconds anyway 🙄 Amanda wins points back for clocking ButtBiscuit's hating, condescending bullshit with Chance though. Gave a standing ovation for that 👏

I noted some anvils for Audra's backstory yesterday. Not a moment too soon because she's overdue for some genuine exposition as to why she is the way she is. I wonder if Ashley is gonna be the one to go digging in her past before Noah & Tucker? Or maybe she'll hire someone? 

Billy is such a short-sighted, hypocritical dumbass. Who is the flopcasting, failed to trick someone into libel(that's wasn't really libel), Jaboat inventor, embezzling fuck up to teach or tell Chance anything? Chance might arguably be better off taking business cues from Summer, as nightmarish as that sounds. The bar is in hell with ButtBiscuit anyway....It couldn't get worse. 

Mamie please stop talking. You started this "war" not Jill, even if she enlisted her dolt of a son, & is being obtuse about changing the company name, all that happened after you showed up. CW is a merged company that does not belong solely to either family. That was the whole stupid point!!! WTF is this garbage? Not one person from the Winters family ever asked for her help in maintaining it's legacy before. For good reason looks like. 

Off tangent but TPTB really missed the opportunity to get Amanda & Chance together. Imo Connor Floyd has more chemistry with Mishael Morgan in a scene where they're just passing by each other than he & Alison Lainey have on any of the outing/flirting their characters have done.

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

Bartender--two glasses of your best holy water.  I almost pissed myself {and believe it was totally ad libed}.

FFW'D thru mop head and Nate and Bluetooth and Amanda.  I sincerely wonder whom Aunt Mamie pissed off to have let her go on camera with that awful hair.  It's just as bad as her crackling voice. just. no.

Audra had talked about her alcoholic father in the past and now runs directly for the booze when she's upset.  I hope they're not going to go down another alcoholic rabbit hole. But the way adults head for the bar is so casual it probably is just reflex.

I have a Nordstroms account and am sitting on my hands trying not to order that damn top. Ashley really sold it!

Well, Chansome, you're not as dumb as you sounded yesterday, but that's damning you with faint praise.

Come on Diane, let your true colors fly! 

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

have a Nordstroms account and am sitting on my hands trying not to order that damn top

It really is pretty. Maybe when it’s 75% off I’ll think about it. Until then, I’ll just admire it on her lol!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

It really is pretty. Maybe when it’s 75% off I’ll think about it. Until then, I’ll just admire it on her lol!

That would blow my clothing budget for the rest of the year but DAMN, I really loved it.

• Like 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, Skarzero said:

It's hard to consider Ashley as being completely sane & manipluative not because she's not capable, she is. But that flashback of her car wreck/miscarriage and those voices in her head point to something else. When Ashley was being combative & bitchy towards Diane, it was obviously mean girls circa 2004 behavior. Not disturbed, & unsettled like now. The tone is completely different. If it's DID then JG is worse than I thought, Ashley already has PTSD from real trauma that happened to her. So just go with that instead of shoehorning a played out illness onto her. 

I cringed at Amanda glossing over Phyllis faking her death, and her lame girlboss slogans. She's clearly an instrument of the narrative since Phyllis is almost as propped as Victor & his spawn with Nikki are at this point. So naturally she can't be held accountable for a damn thing....not longer than 10 seconds anyway 🙄 Amanda wins points back for clocking ButtBiscuit's hating, condescending bullshit with Chance though. Gave a standing ovation for that 👏

I noted some anvils for Audra's backstory yesterday. Not a moment too soon because she's overdue for some genuine exposition as to why she is the way she is. I wonder if Ashley is gonna be the one to go digging in her past before Noah & Tucker? Or maybe she'll hire someone? 

Billy is such a short-sighted, hypocritical dumbass. Who is the flopcasting, failed to trick someone into libel(that's wasn't really libel), Jaboat inventor, embezzling fuck up to teach or tell Chance anything? Chance might arguably be better off taking business cues from Summer, as nightmarish as that sounds. The bar is in hell with ButtBiscuit anyway....It couldn't get worse. 

Mamie please stop talking. You started this "war" not Jill, even if she enlisted her dolt of a son, & is being obtuse about changing the company name, all that happened after you showed up. CW is a merged company that does not belong solely to either family. That was the whole stupid point!!! WTF is this garbage? Not one person from the Winters family ever asked for her help in maintaining it's legacy before. For good reason looks like. 

Off tangent but TPTB really missed the opportunity to get Amanda & Chance together. Imo Connor Floyd has more chemistry with Mishael Morgan in a scene where they're just passing by each other than he & Alison Lainey have on any of the outing/flirting their characters have done.

Skarzero, absolutely brilliant post.  

Thanks for pointing out what a fake, forced cringefest that scene with Amanda and Phyllis was.  The second hand embarrassment when Amanda was telling Phyllis, "You're fierce" with Phyllis coming back with "No, YOU'RE fierce" had my television trying to turn itself off in shame.

Your takedown of ButtBiscuit is a thing of beauty.  Every storyline, almost every scene, he's just a top notch putz without one iota of self-awareness.  Though that lack of self-awareness is probably key to him being able to stand himself enough to get out of bed in the morning.  

Mamie's storyline is almost as forced as Amanda and Phyllis's friendship.  As you said so well, it's not her family's company - hell, more than half of them aren't even her family.  Mamie has been mentioned even less than Dru so all this family devotion is about as convincing as Amanda liking Phyllis and ButtBiscuit being employed by anyone.

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4

If either one of my parents had tried to pull with one of my children what Victor's pulling with Claire, I would have cut them out of my life completely.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Claire having a meeting of the minds with Michael. I liked it. She seems to be growing more and more perceptive about the workings of the Newman family.

Tucker, my guy, are you enoying being messy, listening to Audra and Ashley go at it over who you belong to? Don't make me start calling you Danny Romalotti's understudy.

Sigh, how many times is Victoria going to have this same argument with Victor about using Claire to lure and trap Jordan? He'll never admit he might be making a mistake.

I thought Tucker had already told Ashley they were over. Maybe Ashley's alternate personality needs to hear it for herself, lol.

So part of Victor's plan is to move Claire onto the ranch where his security team can protect her. Heh, the first thing Claire's probably going to learn is that the Newman crackhead security team = useless.

Tucker standing between Ashley and Audra with his trademarked little smirk. I think there should've been a thought bubble over his head which read, "Three-way!!!!"

Was Ashley actually trying to wave her non-existent cleavage at Tucker? Aw, sweetie, guess you didn't notice Audra's bodacious rack pointing and laughing at you.

Yeah, no, not a fan of people forcing kisses on other people. AFAIC that's an assault. Calm the eff down, Ash.

One of Ashley's inner voices was telling her to wake up, and then it seemed like she did and was startled. Uh oh.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Tucker, my guy, are you enoying being messy, listening to Audra and Ashley go at it over who you belong to? Don't make me start calling you Danny Romalotti's understudy

I want Audra to ssttoopp lowering herself to crazy Ashley's level.   Arguing with a crazy person in a catfight over a man {even as delish as Tucker} makes her look insecure.  I hope Tucker and she fly out to Paris TONITE and drop Ashley off at Crazy Town on their way out.

Something is telling me Claire might be playing the Newmans.  Can't put my finger on it, but I'm getting a vibe...maybe the producers aren't sure how to go with this storyline?

When Victor got up from his chair I expected his cue cards to fall from his lap!

How refreshing!  The women were all tastefully dressed today {minus a few sequins on Nikki}.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

The Bold and the Beautiful killed off Shiela Carter is Y&R going to follow suite and kill off their main Newman villain, Auntie Jordan?  

Audra vs Ashley and BlueFang🕷️vs Christine, redundancy personified.  There is a slight difference though. BlueFang🕷️ vs Christine is far more entertaining with all of BlueFang🕷️’s vitriol, animosity, and gyrations. Audra vs Ashley is melodramatic and mostly boring. 

Now that Claire has been brought into the light, we find out that Claire is a very astute observer. 

Michael is as his best when he’s actually being very lawyerly.

Leave it to Victoria to almost fuck things up. She couldn’t even think that this plan could actually be helping Claire’s recovery. 

Now that Claire is moving out there is a room for Ashley to move in.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Something is telling me Claire might be playing the Newmans.  Can't put my finger on it, but I'm getting a vibe...maybe the producers aren't sure how to go with this storyline?

I'm getting a vibe too. She seems to be smiling too much (after smiling too little for weeks up until she started tormenting the Newmans at Jordan's).

What kind of degree does she have? She may be more qualified to run Newman than Art-major Victoria,  NeanderNick, or Bayou-Babe Nikki. Claire teaming up with Adam might be fun to watch.

10 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Now that Claire is moving out there is a room for Ashley to move in.  

Yes, all of GC's psych patients end up in that room/bed.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 4
  • LOL 9
6 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I have been watching YR for maybe 35 years? It is mostly out of habit. It is so dull right now that I turn it on for 10 minutes and then lose interest. 

It is telling that Show's idea for the next big storyline may be a split personality for Ashley.  Let's put that with the Who's The Daddy storyline, the evil-villain-coming-back-from-the-dead storyline, and two women fighting over a man.  See Danny Romalatti and Tucker.  

The only possible bright spot with Ashley is that Tucker may realize she is in trouble and get her help.  It would redeem him.  And possibly Show.  It will never happen but a girl can hope.

And....I saw something on my Facebook "Reels" - Eric B dancing and laughing while a popular (I think) song played in the background.  Has anyone else seen this?

• Like 6
  • Love 5

Yeesh, just like Sharon, Tessa has to have all the jobs. In what world is a big-time musical artist and fashion model basically working as a maître d'? And if Tessa's ailing vocal cords are keeping her from recording more songs, how was she able to perform at Sharon's big corporate event at the jazz club recently?

Of course Victoria bent the knee to Victor on his plan to use Claire to lure Jordan. All that arguing for nothing.

I dunno Kyle, I think you should indeed be mad at Jack for now considering you unqualified for a Jabot job you've already held. Mariah's attempt at tough love over lunch wasn't helpful IMO.

Seems to me Victoria wouldn't want Jordan to be tempted to come anywhere near her house. Apparently Vikki forgot, her home is where her ex Ashland Locke was killed. Bad juju. ☠️

Chelsea, AFAIC you are utterly wrong for pitting your son's father against your boyfriend. You and Billy will break up eventually but Adam will always be Connor's daddy.

🎶You're gonna make it after all!🎶 Claire, get out there and get to it. A year from now I expect you to be running NE.

Meh, schmoopy Abby & Devon. 🤮

Claire was gushing over the Newman Ranch like it was the freaking Palace of Versailles or Hearst Castle. GMAFB. Someone should tell Claire the story of when crazypants Sharon torched the ranch and it burned to the ground. At this point I think the ranch is more nouveau riche than the Newman family itself.

Wow, Traci actually referred to Harrison's "biological mother." She couldn't bother to mention Harrison's actual mommy's name though. Pshht. Free Tara!

Such a poignant moment at the end. Claire was hugging Victoria as she stood in the place where she would've grown up if Jordan hadn't stolen her as a baby. But, sigh, I'm having a slightly nervous feeling that Claire might not survive the Victor vs. Jordan final battle. 😕

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Are his moves as smooth as Billy's?

I have no idea ... I have never seen him dance.  But Eric B seemed to be really enjoying himself.  He was kind of moving around in circles, sort of doddering a bit.   Since I am not that far from his age, I hate to  actually criticize.  So when watching him, I figure that is how my kids/grands must feel when I dance by myself at wedding receptions. Know what? Don't care.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have no idea ... I have never seen him dance.  But Eric B seemed to be really enjoying himself.  He was kind of moving around in circles, sort of doddering a bit.   Since I am not that far from his age, I hate to  actually criticize.  So when watching him, I figure that is how my kids/grands must feel when I dance by myself at wedding receptions. Know what? Don't care.

I was referring g to the awesome meme upthread!

• Like 4

Right from the start of the episode Nostrils has to be a major arrogant prick.  Besides going with Breathless Mahoney to see Connor, where he really has no business going.  If Devon objected, Nostrils would tell Devon to go fuck yourself.  Nostrils think he’s hot shit but in actually, he’s lukewarm diarrhea.  

Poor poor Kyle, it must be so frustrating to only be the COO instead of Co-CEO. It’s not like the COO has an office in the men’s room like Adam once had  

Nostrils go fuck yourself. You lost your privilege to give fatherly advice when you left DD in the car.  No Breathless Mahoney, if they can’t control themselves, Nostrils should stay home. 

What kind of hospital doesn’t check the caller ID before they give out any information. Wouldn’t you think that Nikki Newman would already know that Claire has been released. 

Please please monkeys with a keyboard if you have any sympathy for poor poor Kyle, bring back Tara to reconnect with Kyle and Harrison’s true mother. Summer won’t mind since she will be able to spend more of her time eye fucking Chance. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I took a sleeping pill last night and had a glorious nights sleep,waking up feeling refreshed and alive. Fell again into a dead sleep 10 minutes into the show. What a borrrring episode. 😴

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Chelsea.....Adam is Connor's father. Normally, I'm not the "blood is thicker than water" kind of person but in this instance if useless, air depriving via his nostrils fuckboy can't do the bare minimum of keeping his unasked for opinions/comments to himself then he's the only one that needs to stay behind. Not both him and Adam. 

Also, this bitch was 2 seconds from ending her life last year....so why is she being propped as the semi-rational parent while Adam is hand-wringing, and being treated like wanting a second opinion is so out there? 

I can't even take 4 more days of this shit, let alone 4 years. Please someone fire Josh Griffith. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 13
  • Love 3
(edited)

Waldo13, "Breathless Mahoney" for Chelsea is perfection!  Though this is one of those rare times where the comic book character is more relatable, more real, than the one we see onscreen.

I'm not a violent person and not much of a fan of watching or reading about violence, the sort of watcher and reader who tends to ff it onscreen and skim it when reading......But.....BUT....

If show ever decided to have an episode devoted solely to slapping, depantsing, tripping, berating, mocking, playing human bumper cars or giving super wedgies to ButtBiscuit I would pay premium to see it.  In a show that features Victor Newman and his idiot son, Nick, it says a lot that Beely ButtBiscuit Nostrildumbass Abbott is even MORE of an infected skidmark on the de-evolutionary ladder of life in Genoa City.

Devon should have his own signature way to say "goodbye" to ButtBiscuit, as in maybe just kneeing him in the nads every time he leaves the office.  Adam could make it a couplet by greeting Der ButtBiscuit the same way.  Let the whole town in on it.  ButtBiscuit drops by the Abbott Manse, Traci knees him.  He goes to sit by Ashley, he gets a stiletto.  He starts to drone on at Jack, let Jack's knuckles complete the sentence.  Hell, give Harrison a buck everytime he hits Uncle Dickhead squarely where it hurts the most.

I'm hoping this therapist at Connor's school decides that the best therapy for the little tyke is to be allowed to cover Mommy's shameful secret in fire ants while building a fort in his nose.

To memorialize ButtBiscuit's contributions to the welfare of Genoa City, forget renaming Chancellor/Winters and instead rename urinals BillyAbbottoirs and have the barbers start giving everyone ButtBiscuit's favored haircut, 

giphy.gif

the Eddie Munster.

It's not that I'd pull Nick or Victor into a lifeboat before I'd save ButtBiscuit, I'd leave them all to flounder so I could stretch out.  But I would direct the sharks start their lunch with the guy wearing the Jaboat captain's hat first.

Even the poor sharks deserve better.

All I want from the Aunt Jordan storyline at this point is for Victor to end up wearing that red wig of hers, if only for a moment.  After that, vodka for everyone!

The possibilities are endless. 

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2024 at 9:43 AM, One Tough Cookie said:

that awful hair

V.R. needs to hook up with a better hairdresser who can fix her up with real human hair extensions, not the glaringly artificial ones she's got now.

5 hours ago, Skarzero said:

I can't even take 4 more days of this shit, let alone 4 years.

Bravo, Skarzero, bravo.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Nothing beats writing a Dear Buttbiscuit column that magically disappears into the ether. If only Josh Griffith’s scripts would wink out of existence as mysteriously. I guarantee that I put more in effort, and that’s not bragging. It’s a comment on how dumb and lazy JG’s writing is. Nick’s post-wipe Charmin squares have more coherence.

I will say, though, that Devon’s icy contempt for Billy is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. Why dafuq should Devon cc the new, zero-experience guy on all his executive decisions? Maybe he should pass along all high level corporate directives to the mailroom for approval too. Imagine the sheer relief of CW employees when they realize Flat Ass won’t be blowing out his sinuses with a Neti pot in the break room for a few days.

Then our amazing Buttbiscuit, having secured Adam’s grudging approval to join them, doesn’t comprehend that it’s a perfect time to pipe down. I know it’s difficult for Billy to remove his capacious nostrils from where they don’t belong, as their size makes them well nigh omnipresent. Still, shut your word dispenser. Adam also needs to chill and stop acting like OCD is so horrifying and shameful that he’ll doctor shop until he finds some asshole willing to tell him what he wants to hear. He sounded a lot like Victor, and I was just waiting for him to ask if Connor would have to go to the loony bin. Personally, I wouldn’t mind if Chelz, Adam and Buttbiscuit all rode together and had wacky adventures culminating in Billy left at a rest stop with the address to the Abbott mansion written in Sharpie on his forehead.

Another lesser light of the Abbott family, Kyle, wasted Mariah’s time with his self-absorbed whining. What a tool. Oh noes, he’s so devoted to the art of humility that he’s sacrificed his own ambitions and happiness! He acknowledged being an ass, but I’m not entirely sure he comprehends what a knob he is. Mariah’s advice to take a look in the mirror for the source of the problem would be well taken by someone not already glued to a mirror as he sculpted his hair into a tsunami topiary. I must politely disagree with some of my fellow posters - do NOT free Tara. The less I have to think about Kyle’s MILF hunting back east and the dull sludge that was the Locke storylines, the better.

Speaking of sludge, Victor seems worse than ever with the unvarnished arrogance and need to control his family. He could not understand why Victoria would have misgivings about letting him use Claire as bait and seemed to take it personally. Even Victoria reluctantly agreeing to his plan wasn’t good enough; that she had worries and conditions was intolerable to him. She couldn’t possibly genuinely care for Claire. No, her doubts had to stem from being pissy about the CEO position. Victor’s behavior is not heroic, show. It’s abusive malignant narcissism.

And don’t tell me a mighty billionaire could not easily set up an adequate security force anywhere he wished. Are we to believe that Victoria isn’t wealthy enough to hire her own small mercenary army? Such a lame excuse for Victor to keep Victoria and Claire directly under his control. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

I must politely disagree with some of my fellow posters - do NOT free Tara.

NP, take it back! We have to stop everyone acting like Summer is Harrison's mommy! It's a travesty! I can't even! GAAAHH!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱

Nothing beats writing a Dear Buttbiscuit column that magically disappears into the ether.

Oh my gosh, I was sure I had seen it and I was going to come back and read it later Then later it wasn't there. Scary.

If show ever decided to have an episode devoted solely to slapping, depantsing, tripping, berating, mocking, playing human bumper cars or giving super wedgies to ButtBiscuit I would pay premium to see it. 

Someone should do another remake of the old Three Stooges show and have Billy play all the roles. Larry, Moe, Curly, and Shemp.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wouldn't mind Tara being released as long as she reunites with Bouffant Boy & invisible Harrison on another continent; perhaps he can be CEO or co-CEO or COO of one of the branches of Jabot or Marchetti.  Seeing Kyle again makes me want him off my screen! 

Edited by Denize
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Ashleigh my beauty, if you are trying to tempt Tucker with your boobies you are doing it the wrong way. Ask Phyllis to show you how its done.

Speaking of Phyllis she has a real thing for  "cooking" doesn't she? I expected her to say, "You know how to cook don't you? You just pucker up your lips and blow".

Your kid is having mental health issues. Do you:

a)  leave him alone at the school where the problems started

b) sit in a coffee shop agonizing over what to do

c) go to him and give him a hug

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Friday Rant in Question Form:

• Doesn't anyone in GC know how to send a call to VM or block it?  Or maybe just not answer it?
  • Have none of the other patrons of the GCAC complained about the constant confrontations/arguments occurring on a daily basis in the dining area?
  • When will there be actual interviews to fill positions that require some experience, expertise and possibly, education? [looking at you Tessa, Chance, Esther, Diane, Sharon......well, practically everyone in GC]
  • Is there an actual criminal justice system, including a probation officer in GC?  I don't think you can just pop out to visit your friend who lives in another state, Phylth.  And how's  that community service going?
  • I've spent more time on dental work than Claire has on mental work.  Does no one have at least a little concern that moving her into the Raunch might result in the culmination of the original revenge plot?  (With or without Jordan.)
  • Will Tucker be made the Host of the GCAC?  He looked so relaxed and at home in the lobby the other day.  He should have had a drink in hand and been circulating the room to see if everyone was having a good time.
  • Will Adam and Gaspy/Breathless stop confusing OCD with a terminal illness?

Inquiring minds probably don't give a damn.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5

I have to say I'm shocked that Y&R was renewed for any period of time, let alone 4 years.  I thought for sure  TPTB planned to give the show a big 50th anniversary year, then can it.

I can't imagine four more years of some Newman spawn hemming and hawing in front of a 300 year old Barnabas Collins sitting at his desk polishing his fangs, or sixty somethings wearing dare to bare cocktail dresses fighting over an Old Kid on the Block.

Hopefully they will invest in some better background music.  What they have now sounds like what you'd hear in the funeral home while you're waiting for the service to begin.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
6 minutes ago, MollyB said:
  • I've spent more time on dental work than Claire has on mental work.  Does no one have at least a little concern that moving her into the Raunch might result in the culmination of the original revenge plot?  (With or without Jordan.)

Wonderful post, MollyB, from beginning to end!  You're spot on about Claire being released to the Raunch and the custody of Granpere Count Chocula and his bride.  Whatever nonsense Aunt Jordan filled Claire's head with, are we seriously supposed to think that sustained exposure to Victor is going to make Claire feel kindly towards him??  

A month of living under his thumb, kowtowing to his demands, watching all the other adults kiss his ass while they wring their hands and cower in fear of his explosive temper doesn't sound like the best way to welcome her to the family. 

Claire's about to find out that Aunt Jordan wasn't entirely wrong about everything.

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

NP, take it back! We have to stop everyone acting like Summer is Harrison's mommy! It's a travesty! I can't even! GAAAHH!!!!

I… I just can’t. I’m sorry. I loathe Summer and pretty much everything she does annoys me, but her parenting Harrison bothers me not at all. I can’t even explain it. We never see Harrison, so wolves could be raising him for all I care. I’m still hoping he belongs to oily Theo. 

• LOL 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Still, shut your word dispenser.

😂😂😂😂😂 it's those little phrases that you throw in that make you such a Nobel Laureate of Literature.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know this will NEVER be answered but every time Claire is mentioned as the baby they thought was buried, I want to scream “Why does no one in this family (or Michael) wonder whose kid did they bury?” It had to come from somewhere.

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

😂😂😂😂😂 it's those little phrases that you throw in that make you such a Nobel Laureate of Literature.

Now I have a vision of a PEZ dispenser which is just a giant pair of nostrils. 👃 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

Hey, it's Nina.

I liked the coffee carafe on Christine and Nina's table at Society. Unfortunately the googles have not revealed to me yet who sells it.

Nikki looking chic in monochromatic red. Her bright outfit went well with the humongous bouquet of flowers Seth sent.

Forget the en suite and sauna, Claire. You need to find out when your new grandpa gives you your Newman trust fund and your own horse.

Christine, Nina was giving you some real talk. Maybe you really should take time to get over your divorce from Paul. At least before you spin your wheels trying to compete with Phyllis for fickle Danny.

Phyllis is straight-up delusional. Those simpering looks she kept giving Danny, despite him telling Phyllis he wasn't interested in her romantically, were ridiculous.

Yikes, Nikki's coat. Ruined the whole color-coordinated vibe for me. 😖

So Seth had no idea his new pal "Isabel" was Jordan, the woman who's been terrorizing Nikki for months. Hmm. Clueless much, former AA sponsor Seth?

Man, IMO Nikki tearing down Seth's whole fantasy about his fake bestie Isabel was a thing of beauty. Being sober seems to have cleared Nik's thought processes.

I think Danny's an idiot. He had to have known Phyllis was scheming to seduce him before her perceived rival Cricket got some. Aging wannabe player douchebag is a douchebag. 👿

Re the previews: the slow burn may be finally ending. Looked like Chance is about to let Summer get up on it. Yay!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2