Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, MsMalin said:

How much time is Chance honestly going to spend with Dom? He wasn't there for the first few months, he didn't bond with him for another few months, and he is off working all the time. Couple that with the fact that he is not the bio dad and I don't see it happening. I seriously doubt he will be included in his will. I would love to hear Nina's reaction too. She was so happy about Devon being the donor.

I agree with this 100%.  He's so checked out I'm sure he will see the baby less and less and maybe show up for his college graduation.

Serious question??? Is Josh Morrow supposed to be the smoldering, sexy leading man?  If so, epic fail.

Time travel?  Didn't Faith just enter college maybe 6 months ago and now she's a senior?  Or am I having a senior moment?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I found the Chance goodbye scene with Dominic a little dumb. Dominic didn’t seem to care about Chance and he seems happier with his real daddy, Devon. 
I always thought it was dumb for Abby not to use Chances sperm to create their baby but I guess it worked out in the end. 
I also want to say nay to Chance and Sharon. Sharon has become extremely boring despite providing counsel to so many people at the coffee house. Her and Rey were a pleasant couple but not sizzling or exciting. 
Nate is being very nosy about Devon and Amanda. Considering he was a traitorous jerk to his family, I think Lily is being nicer than she should. 
Why does Tucker still want Ashley? He’s banging big boobs on the sly, does he really need to be a cheater to her again?

• Like 6
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

For some reason {altho I wasn't watching then}  I  thought the problem was that Chance was shooting blanks?

Yep, that was right.  Not exactly blanks, but a low sperm count or something like that.  Supposedly it could reverse itself sometime in the future, which most likely means about 2 months after he and Abby finalize their divorce.

• Like 4
  • Wink 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

I think Sharon was given Faith’s wardrobe today. I’m just glad they gave her a shirt to go under that ill-fitting sparkly tank dress. Not sure why they kept shooting Sharon from the back and side because her boob was popping out the side of the tank. The outfit might have looked cute on someone petite, but on Sharon working at the coffee house/psychology table it’s just so wrong. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Oh sure, Phyllis is going to be all "skerred" of Jeremy Stark now? MWT's please spare me this ridiculous plot pivot along with Chelsea's Apology Tour. Maybe Devon can put together some stadium venues for that.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Maybe the monkeys with a keyboard have put Adam and Sally on hold, for now, but let not your heart be troubled. Mark and Courtney are vacationing together in Talum, Mexico. 🔥

How you find silverlinings for this fakakta show is a testament to your positive outlook. Alas, you are not as dark and ill-tempered as you appear dear Waldo!

• LOL 7

Sharon's sparkly tank top. No. Just no. 🙀

Lily's got that "I am so over your b.s., Billy" death stare. Love it.

But Summer, Harrison has a mother and it's not you. 🙄

Seeing Connor smiling was a little scary to me. He seems to be taking his cues from Chelsea's momentarily upbeat mood  and that's a risky proposition. Poor kid.

Billy keeps trying to put Lily on the defensive about Chelsea. Like it's Lily's fault Chelsea wants some breathing room from him. This guy.

I do not understand why Phyllis still has a job. Jack, Kyle, and Summer all know what a liability she is. Surely whatever she's bringing to the table at Marchetti Home isn't worth her blithe disregard for all their safety.

Well the writers certainly have Chelsea saying all the right things. Maybe this truly is a redemption arc for her. Sure, right before she gets written off the show. <fingers crossed> 😉

Shut up, Nikki. You have plenty of your own grandkids to worry about. Harrison doesn't need you deciding whether his Grandma Dee Dee should be a part of his life. He has most of the Abbott family looking out for him.

Chelsea, how about, "Billy, I'm sorry I drugged and raped you." That's simple and straightforward enough.

Be funny if Stark forces Phyllis to use her l33t computer skills to find Diane. Cornering her at Jabot probably isn't the way to go about it though. Too many people around who could intervene.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

What an electric episode, just crackling with intrigue! All those banal scenes and conversations with Chelz… man, I can’t wait until Friday. Imagine the cliffhanger possibilities. Will Chelsea put whole milk or skim on the grocery list? It’s time for new throw pillows; does she go traditional, mid century modern or art deco? Maybe Adam will drop in with advice! Connor can nervously support his mother’s retail decisions in the sad hope she’ll keep chirping excitedly like a coked out squirrel, because hey, at least she’s happy.

Thankfully, Chelsea didn’t hog all the thrills. Listening to Daniel and his idiot sister wax stilted on parenting was a true adrenaline rush. A substance free, insight free conversation with all the charm of soggy bread, it should have been as short as Lauren’s dress.

Nikki sure was feeling herself, as if she’d just saved Genoa City from the Joker or something. Get the fuck over yourself, lady.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, slayer2 said:

How you find silverlinings for this fakakta show is a testament to your positive outlook. Alas, you are not as dark and ill-tempered as you appear dear Waldo!

You sound like my kids 😜.  I told them if you really want to see dark and ill tempered watch Copperhead and Nostrils. Next to them I fart 🌈🌈.  

I tell my kids I’m just a grumpy old man.  That’s why my kids and grandkids call me Grumps 

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I do not understand why Phyllis still has a job. Jack, Kyle, and Summer all know what a liability she is. Surely whatever she's bringing to the table at Marchetti Home isn't worth her blithe disregard for all their safety.

Absolutely spot on.  Jack should have fired her ass the first time he realized what she did, whether she was Summers  mom or not.  The woman is vile,  But it doesn't help MS can't act her way out of a paper bag.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6

What’s Sharon’s problem now with Adam. She seems very dismissive of him. Is it because she approves more of Nostrils helping Chelsea than Adam. 

Why is Copperhead wearing green more and more. Is she turning into the Grinch?  Check that, Copperhead is already the Grinch.  

For someone who’s the head of a prestigious fashion house, Summer continues to dress in an off the rack schmatta.  As for Lauren, the owner of a prestigious department store, also dresses off the rack.   

I really appreciate the daily PSA on mental health but what I don’t appreciate is who is delivering it. Chelsea is an epic failure because the way she delivers the message is you see her talking but by the time the message is delivered there is a tendency to be tuned out. 

If I said that Nostrils is nothing more than a human stain on the fabric of life, than as my children keep telling me, I have a propensity to repeat my self.  I’m quite sure Nostrils is doing a daily PSA on how to be a complete and utter ass hole. 

Nikki Nikki Nikki, please tell me what Diane’s destructive influence over Harrison would be?  Diane shoes Harrison nothing but love, Nikki you would show Harrison how to be a hateful vindictive entitled sanctimonious deceitful witch. Nikki like Copperhead doesn’t recognize family unless they are from their blood.  

Copperhead has met the mongoose and the mongoose usually wins. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Shut up, Nikki. You have plenty of your own grandkids to worry about. Harrison doesn't need you deciding whether his Grandma Dee Dee should be a part of his life. He has most of the Abbott family looking out for him.

7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nikki sure was feeling herself, as if she’d just saved Genoa City from the Joker or something. Get the fuck over yourself, lady.

I couldn't get enough of Nikki's "smell the fart" face today.  She's fine tuned it to an Oscar-winning degree.  I can only assume that she's so familiar with her current expression because that's been her go-to afterglow look after decades of those intimate "You got that" moments with Victor over the years.  I've always assumed that his last words to Nikki after the deed was done were "Youhaveanicedaynow".  Sadly, decades of her NOT having a nice day have left her with the face my mother promised I'd be stuck with if I didn't stop making it.

Two of Jack's longtime love objects comprise part of the trio of doom and I hope this is making him reflect on the monumental bad choices he's made in the romance department over the years.

Where's Patty Williams when you need her?

giphy.gif

Nobody likes you, Nikki, nobody.  Not even the Marx brothers.

Oh yeah, ButtBiscuit was being a dick again.  It must be pretty much any day of the week.  I'm hoping that this break up will be different, or else I'll know Lily learned NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in prison.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

Holy shit how long is the Chelsea  apology and redemption tour going to drag out?  
Billy is an emotionally abusive jerk. He’s laying a guilt trip in Lily for not being over the top invested in Chelsea. I hope Chelsea is running a con and leads his butt biscuity ass down a road of destruction.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I can only hope that Chelsea tells Billy that she will continue with her therapist; and one of the things she has learned is to not depend on others to make herself whole. She smiles at him, gasps a minute for air 🤓, thanks him for all that he has done for her. And tells him she will no longer use him as a crutch. Billy begs through two commercials… then slouches out.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Even though Phyllis is acting all scared of Stark now I could totally see her (not that I want to) having dumpster like sex with him too.

Yep. Phyllis only seems to have two real weapons in her arsenal, that is, her hacking skills and her sexuality. I think it stands to reason she'll go to one of those to deal with Stark. Maybe both. The guy is probably bit thirsty after many years in prison, assuming he still swings her way and is willing to ignore what an old crone she actually is.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Oh sure, Phyllis is going to be all "skerred" of Jeremy Stark now?

I'd be scared of anyone that dumb.  He was told to leave Jabot and he came back.  Restraining order!  When the cops run his rap sheet the parole will come up and, boom, violation and back he goes.  He can't not know that, harden criminal that he is, so why risk it? Dumb.

18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Chelsea, how about, "Billy, I'm sorry I drugged and raped you."

Wouldn't work with this iteration of Billy.  I get distracted trying to imagine how or why that would even happen.  We really need Billy Miller back.  Also, I am sick of this Billy whining and blaming everyone else for his problems that he created.  Liked that Lily pointed out that Chelz must not have taken the advice that she distance herself from Buttbiscuit seriously if she's texting him to come over.  You go, girl.  I'm beginning to like Lily. (Now if she'd just stop looking so starstruck flirty with Daniel...)

4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Holy shit how long is the Chelsea  apology and redemption tour going to drag out?  

Well, My Name Is Earl lasted a whole season.  At least he travelled.  Is she going to hold court in that shitty apartment to the end of the list?  Can't wait for the meeting with The Ice Queen.  Think Chelz' sparkly grin and warm tears will melt her?

• Like 4
  • Love 8

*Sigh* I've made the difficult decision to delete all the Adam and Sally scenes from my collection since it's clear we won't  be getting them back in favour of propping Nicholas. I am once again done with this show, since I only returned for Ally, (everything else just makes me mad) and now they've managed to ruin my favourite couple as well. Frustrating.

I'll be satisfied to check in here and read your railings against the incompetent gods from time to time. Y and R has screwed the pooch and nowadays I simply don't have time for aneurysms disguised as entertainment, life is hard enough. It was a good, albeit short, run.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Billy is an emotionally abusive jerk. He’s laying a guilt trip in Lily for not being over the top invested in Chelsea. I hope Chelsea is running a con and leads his butt biscuity ass down a road of destruction.

Well said! I just started watching again after a five month hiatus (possibly a mistake) and I can’t get over the monstrosity that is Billy Abbott. I hope Lily snaps soon and tosses him out. The writers have saddled her with this weirdo for far too long! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Natey, Nate, Devon’s relationship is none of your freaking business, so shut your pie hole.  Why is he so curious as to why they broke up?  Jagbag 

The relationships on this show is like playing 52 Pickup.  Throw the characters in the air and see who lands on who.  Sharon will land on Chance, Devon lands on Abby, Danny lands on Lily, and who knows where Billy lands—-just not Chelsea.  Now we can have a fun game of Twister. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Jaded said:

Even though Phyllis is acting all scared of Stark now I could totally see her (not that I want to) having dumpster like sex with him too.

It's what she does best.

MiniaturePeskyIndigobunting-max-1mb.gif

Although, all these years later, I'm still yelling this at Deacon (who hasn't learned a thing as he's currently hooking up with Sheila Carter on B&B);

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7O7VF9ooQsyGA5xBeHEU

Speaking of hook-ups, my predictions for hooking up by NYE are, in no particular order:

Chelz and NeverBilly

Abbie and Devon (again) and as an aside, I so wanted Nate to shove a sock in St Devon's sanctimonious mouth. He banged another's wife like a screen door in a hurricane and has no fucks to give (which, in fairness, said wife Abby has no fucks to give either) and I cannot wait til Nate (who often grates) finds out so he can pull Devon's nose out of the air and rub it in his wrongness.

Chance and Sharon

Lily and Daniel

Sally and Nick (blech)

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

If Lily dumps Billy and goes straight to Daniel, it will prove once and for all that she has a Kardashian level of man picking. Daniel just seems off.

I know that's where Show wants us to THINK things are going, but I've heard otherwise......

Scuttle is, Lily comes between Nikki and Victor, and the gloves are OFF!  As are the support hose, the trusses, the spanx and the Life Alerts.

Show is finally giving us what we've all been begging for.

• Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

I swear that on today's episode, one of the twins (Rainn and River Ware) who play Baby Dominic had a look on his face that was like "I'm done with this crap."

On 12/11/2022 at 8:05 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I found the Chance goodbye scene with Dominic a little dumb. Dominic didn’t seem to care about Chance and he seems happier with his real daddy, Devon. 

You do know, Chatty Cake, that Y&R is a work of fiction and that the role of Dominic is split between the very adorable and obviously intelligent twins Rainn and River Ware, don't you?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, boes said:

I know that's where Show wants us to THINK things are going, but I've heard otherwise......

Scuttle is, Lily comes between Nikki and Victor, and the gloves are OFF!  As are the support hose, the trusses, the spanx and the Life Alerts.

HelpfulAcademicAmericanriverotter-max-1m

• LOL 11

Chance may have dodged a bullet. That kid(s) is always slobbering. 
Although looks like Chance is making himself comfy at the coffee house and will probably be with Sharon by Christmas Eve. Maybe Chance/ Sharon, Devon/ Abby and Daniel/Lily can have a triple New Years wedding.

• LOL 11
8 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Chance may have dodged a bullet. That kid(s) is always slobbering. 
Although looks like Chance is making himself comfy at the coffee house and will probably be with Sharon by Christmas Eve. Maybe Chance/ Sharon, Devon/ Abby and Daniel/Lily can have a triple New Years wedding.

And Gaspy McTalkstoofast can catch all the bouquets! Ha!

• LOL 10

Did you see the look on Cruella’s face when Nate wanted to bring Elena along on their business trip?  So also turned a whiter shade of white.  

Now that we are revisiting Miramar and the events that caused Johnny to be created, was having sex with Billy (it was sex with Billy and not Nostrils and that time) part of the plan. If Billy was so high as Chelsea said, she just could have told him they had sex.  With the establishment of Chelsea and Billy actually having sex, was getting pregnant part of the plan?  In order for that to happen, Billy would have to “finish” regardless of any birth control failing.  As I said before, if Billy was that high, why would Chelsea allow him to “finish” if he was just a mark?  

Natey Nate Nate, you have only been at NM for only a few days and you’ve turned into an entitled ass hole. I guess that’s the prerequisite for being a successful executive at NE. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but today I’m missing Copperhead. Watch her and Stark would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than the dribble that’s going on between Natey Nate Nate and Devon and the dribble between Chelsea and Nostrils.  

Two observations that I took away from today. The first is that Bowie is a much better actor than Abby and Lily only needs a minimum of makeup to be very attractive. 

Sexuality?  Copperhead has sexuality?  🤣🤣🤣🤣.  Maybe, but if it was me, I would have to put a flag over her head and do it for Old Glory.  Can you imagine if Copperhead and Stark do hook up, Stark yelling out Diane as he climaxes 😜

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
4 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Now that we are revisiting Miramar and the events that caused Johnny to be created, was having sex with Billy (it was sex with Billy and not Nostrils and that time) part of the plan. If Billy was so high as Chelsea said, she just could have told him they had sex.  With the establishment of Chelsea and Billy actually having sex, was getting pregnant part of the plan?  In order for that to happen, Billy would have to “finish” regardless of any birth control failing.  As I said before, if Billy was that high, why would Chelsea allow him to “finish” if he was just a mark?  

The other day, Gaspy McTalkstoofast told ButtBiscuit that he was the only person she knew when she came to town. I'm not so sure that's true. Didn't TGVN hire her to rape Billy in that ditch in Myanmar? 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MollyB said:

Well, My Name Is Earl lasted a whole season.  At least he travelled.  

It actually lasted four seasons. It probably should have ended at two or three though. Even the less entertaining ones were more entertaining then whatever Y&R is having Chelsea do to try to "redeem" her because she and the actress seem to be a show pet. Chelsea wore out her welcome a long time ago. She could have stayed out of town the last time and nobody would have missed her. If MCE hasn't been annoyed by most of her character's storylines over the years she should have been.

As annoying as MCE's character Annie could be on All My Children I never got as annoyed with her as I have with Chelsea. Ironically Annie's brother on AMC was played by Billy Miller for about a year or so before she had to kill him with a tire iron...😄

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Aw, look at the MWTs jumping on a bandwagon again. K-Pop, K-Drama. CEO sensation Nate is hip to what the Asian kids are putting down, baby! Urp, pass me the Kaopectate.

Devon showing up at Nate's job on some mainly personal ish. Okay. If it's a day ending in a "y" the Winters family et al must be ignoring each other's boundaries.

It all goes back to Johnny and why he's Chelsea's bio-son. Chelsea had to open that can of worms and now everyone else has to eat them. Even making amends is a self-serving act with her. Ugh.

Sorry but it isn't believable to me that Chelsea has only just now realized drugging and raping Billy was wrong. She knew, she just didn't care and didn't have to.

Connor apparently has a hot chocolate addiction, lol. Right there with ya, kid. Yummy.

And then Chance walked into the coffeehouse and sent the room temperature up by 130°. I'm not swooning, you're swooning!

Has Abby always had keys to Devon's penthouse? Whatever, you can tell they when they swap out the little boys playing Dom in the middle of a scene. One of them seems be a bit chattier than the other.

OMG, Sharon looked to me like she was trying not to jump Chance's bones right there at the table. Drink a glass of water or three, hon.

Johnny and Connor are going to be gaming with each other remotely. So wow, such cool. 🙄 Hey MWTs, it's 2022 not 1922.

I guess Nate's position is that something in the milk ain't clean with Devon, and he's entitled to know what it is so he can even the score between them. Chile, please.

Abby mentioned Brad. This is my shocked face. Wonder if she remembers the whole house Brad left her when he died? The one she could move to and off the estate which doesn't belong to her. Grrr.

I sure hope Daniel isn't going to take it upon himself to confront Billy now that Lily has told him what's up. Not unless Billy steps to him first.

Didn't TGVN hire her to rape Billy in that ditch in Myanmar? 

Yes, and several people know about it, including Victoria, Lily, and Adam because Billy or Chelsea told them.

I think she'e as sexy as a cold teabag

Good luck convincing her of that. She acts like she's sex on a stick, with all the bared skin, the bodycon dresses, the duck lips. One almost wants to feel sorry for how delusional she is.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Show, please stop trying to put Sharon with actors who seem much younger. She has been assigned a terrible role - overdressed barista, voice and face robotic. She is a beautiful woman (cosmetic procedures notwithstanding) who should be with someone with a bit of gravitas - instead of Phyllis or even Ashley getting the attention. Put her into the mix with Tucker or the alleged scary guy.  Why not do the unexpected? Maybe it would perk her up and get her out of the zombie persona she has adapted. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

If there are two bigger buttinskys or gossips than Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and Devon in Genoa City, we haven't met them yet.  

Nate seems to think that because his plan didn't work and he confessed that Devon is being some sort of massive prick for not forgiving him and handing him another dagger to stab him with, while Devon thinks there's something to be gained from marching over to Newman because Imani told him Nate was asking for gossip.  I suspect this is going to escalate fast, with Devon writing "For a good time, call Nate at Liar Liar pants on fire" while Nate has 20 anchovy pizzas delivered to Devon's condo using an alias.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a slap fight down the road

giphy.gif

cuz these two guys are such adults.  

Neil - and Katherine - would be so proud.  Olivia, not so much.

The baby Doms are terrific!

Meanwhile, over at Crimson Lights, Sharon's daily offering of tea and sympathy finally paid off by her landing the big fish, Chance.  I hope Chance is ready to delve into some serious therapy because Chelsea didn't ace the graduate course in sexual healing for nothing.

I liked Daniel and I still do, but Show has made him pushier than his mother.  Also, this rekindled thing with Lily is sorta okay but it's also true that during the last years of Daniel's previous time in Genoa City, there was absolutely no fire or even much friendship between them.  I don't even remember them interacting much, so this all seems like a lot, so soon after his return.

As for Chelsea's bullshit apology, she's still lying.  She tried to say that the night "went too far" but she did exactly what Victor hired her to do, which was to get him to cheat, to knock him off the straight and narrow and get him out of Victoria's life and end up in prison.  She accomplished exactly what Victor hired her to do, along with the unexpected bonus of a baby, who she used as a financial tool.  

ButtBiscuit will always be the bigger tool, but Chelsea's no slouch in the user department and never has been.

Edited by boes
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, slayer2 said:

*Sigh* I've made the difficult decision to delete all the Adam and Sally scenes from my collection since it's clear we won't  be getting them back in favour of propping Nicholas. I am once again done with this show, since I only returned for Ally, (everything else just makes me mad) and now they've managed to ruin my favourite couple as well. Frustrating.

I'll be satisfied to check in here and read your railings against the incompetent gods from time to time. Y and R has screwed the pooch and nowadays I simply don't have time for aneurysms disguised as entertainment, life is hard enough. It was a good, albeit short, run.

You know @Slayer2, I tried to watch today, I really did. Then I too had an epiphany of sorts. I realized I mostly watch so I can try to hold up my end of the social contract that occurs amongst the amazing people who post here. This forum has become something that makes watching the show bearable. I hope the MWT's, or some people adjacent to the show, read here too. Because IMO, if they read between the lines here, they must know that a good number of intelligent people not only think Y&R can do better, they actually want it to. So, rant over....I will try to watch tomorrow. And for God sakes, someone please paint that door at Chelsea's apartment! 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8

Lily has shown remarkable restraint and patience in trying to get Billy to understand that it's going to take a village to get Chelsea through this crisis, not a village idiot.  So I understand her frustration with the whole situation and her need to confide in Daniel.

As for Nate and Devon...I'm going to sit alone at the kids' table, because I actually thought Nate was the one making sense today.  Devon was a big dummy for going to Nate's office and making a big stink, because now Nate's curiosity is piqued.   Nate probably would have forgotten all about it if Devon had just kept his mouth shut.

Werewolves and vampires, huh?  Is this the game/movie Herschel Walker was blathering on about?  Fright Night or Freak Night or Some Kind of Night?     

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

As for Nate and Devon...I'm going to sit alone at the kids' table, because I actually thought Nate was the one making sense today.  Devon was a big dummy for going to Nate's office and making a big stink, because now Nate's curiosity is piqued.   Nate probably would have forgotten all about it if Devon had just kept his mouth shut.

I don't quite think Nate was making sense- he's an insufferable prick, as always- but yeah it was incredibly stupid for Devon to go over there.   Not only does it make him more interested, but specifically it plays right into his "I apologized and you didn't hold the door open for someone 6 years ago so you're just as bad" self righteous angle.  

Getting major creepy nice guy vibes from Daniel so far.  Do not like.  

• Like 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Werewolves and vampires, huh?  Is this the game/movie Herschel Walker was blathering on about?  Fright Night or Freak Night or Some Kind of Night?     

Ah, yes!  Phyllis's idea of a really great start to the weekend!  Or trash day, whichever comes first.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I'm firmly on the fence about Devon & Nate since they're really about the same brand of smug asshole, there really isn't picking sides when it comes to those two. However, Devon tends to be worse about it, especially when he wants to be tough as nails. Most of the time it's cringe worthy. Even if he was right to tell Nate to mind his business, he already told him at society. He's dumb as hell for going over to where Nate works to tell him again. Of course Nate is going to pry even more. Now he'll just be discreet about it. And Devon brought it on himself, he should've left well enough alone. 

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

As annoying as MCE's character Annie could be on All My Children I never got as annoyed with her as I have with Chelsea.

^^^^this a million times. I knew from the second the character hit Genoa City she'd most likely end up a poor man's Annie. Chelsea is so deplorable, I almost regret hating Annie on AMC. Almost. 

Buttbiscuit has been so insufferable in his quest to be Chelsea's only savior, sometimes it barely registers that the writers are in fact making him coddle his rapist. It's disgusting but at the same time, this version of Billy probably would find a way to be okay with that, especially since his addiction is tied to helping Chelsea. He's clearly not above guilt tripping Lily for stating the obvious  & setting boundaries, spreading unfounded doubt about Adam. So I guess the sky's the limit with this one. 

I guess I'll be by myself at my table because I don't think Daniel is being all that creepy. Nosy yes, avoidant sure, but creepy? Eh not really...at least not to me yet. And even if he were, like.....and? I'll take Daniel's "creepy" and "off" self with Lily over her relationship with Nostrils another second. That's how much this garbage paring has worn me down. As a matter of fact,

15 hours ago, boes said:

Lily comes between Nikki and Victor, and the gloves are OFF!  As are the support hose, the trusses, the spanx and the Life Alerts.

..............I don't even care lol, still better than Lily x Fuckboy Abbott, so you won't see me complaining much. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Skarzero said:

^^^^this a million times. I knew from the second the character hit Genoa City she'd most likely end up a poor man's Annie. Chelsea is so deplorable, I almost regret hating Annie on AMC. Almost. 

I liked her on AMC and I could never hate her character, mainly because she was just one of the endless characters used to prop up the execrable and show-destroying Ryass Lavery.  He was the original ButtBiscuit to me.  I'm still a trifle unbalanced just thinking of him.

Sorta back on topic, at least at little, what's with all that beige at Chelsea's new apartment?  I can't take my eyes off her bookshelf, where all the books have either white, light brown or beige covers.  Does Chelsea get her books based on color, and if so, why does she only go for the washed out and depressing two tone palette?

And does Show really expect us to believe she reads?

giphy.gif

That's as silly as expecting us to believe ButtBiscuit bathes.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Julyolo said:

You know @Slayer2, I tried to watch today, I really did. Then I too had an epiphany of sorts. I realized I mostly watch so I can try to hold up my end of the social contract that occurs amongst the amazing people who post here. This forum has become something that makes watching the show bearable. I hope the MWT's, or some people adjacent to the show, read here too. Because IMO, if they read between the lines here, they must know that a good number of intelligent people not only think Y&R can do better, they actually want it to. So, rant over....I will try to watch tomorrow.

This board is great. It has exactly what I love, snark and no holds barred. And truth. I post on another board which prides itself on being civil. And yes, I enjoy the board but there have been many times where my posts have been deleted. Consequently, the board is not as truthful or funny as this one.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6

another board which prides itself on being civil.

If it's the one I think it is, it's the "unofficial" officially sanctioned Y&R board, That board appears to get a bit of inside information regarding the show from TPTB/CBS in exchange for not allowing any criticism of the actors or much negativity about the show itself.

At times it's clear TPTB are steering opinion about certain storylines and characters via posters on that board. What amuses me the most is when certain actors {or an associate} goes there and posts ridiculously glowing stuff about themselves and the character they play. It's laughable how obvious it is. Then there was Michael Muhney who got himself banned because he started fighting with posters who didn't agree with his assessment of his portrayal of Adam. His ego was so huge he couldn't even post without revealing it was him.

The only time I was sort of okay with the onerous way that board is moderated was during the height of the Devon/Dominic/Abby/Mariah storyline. People were posting some fairly blatant racist stuff, big arguments were happening, and the mods were shutting it down. And then I noticed some of the offenders popping up on other soap boards, including this one. I've also noticed that stuff from here frequently shows up over there later, at times almost verbatim. Yeah I'm OCD like that.

I think what's most outstanding about this Y&R forum is how insightful and intelligent and creative the posters are. Not much is getting past this crew. Yay for us! 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Even making amends is a self-serving act with her. Ugh.

Is she being treated for depression or addiction?  If the basis of her low self esteem/hatred and resulting depression is about the bad acts she committed, shouldn't that discussion be kept in the confines of the doctor's office?  What if the doctor's plan goes off the rails when someone doesn't accept the apology, but instead tells Chelz what a POS she really is?  (Elevator to the roof!)  At the very least, the doctor could move the Apology Tour into her office to have more control over the outcome and save us from that disgusting apartment door that is not boho- it's slum lord!

4 hours ago, boes said:

I can't take my eyes off her bookshelf, where all the books have either white, light brown or beige covers.

4 hours ago, boes said:

And does Show really expect us to believe she reads?

I tried to read the titles.  The only one I could get was Baseball.  Riiiiight.  I would more likely believe she reads if the books were all Harlequin paperbacks.

Is anyone else having trouble registering reactions? Mine don't seem to take.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Is she being treated for depression or addiction?

Actually, establishing agency over your past bad acts can be very healing, whether you're suffering from depression or addiction.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5