Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Stop with the creepy as hell grinning smiley face with watery eyes for emphasisTraci!

So true!  Miss GoodyTwoShoes always has to act like she is the only one who cares about anyone or anything!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

How 'bout Sharon's crepe de ville neck? Guess Botox is a no-no for the throat. I feel since the first couple of episodes the make-up artists have Anglicized Allie's looks more and more. IMO she was prettier in her beginning episodes. Where was HairySon during the Abbott summit? Auntie Jack is quite the master of passive-aggressive parental alienation with Kyle, while claiming he'll support "any" decision. I'm going to laugh so much if one day the Grinning Ass*ole podcast ends up with an episode about how a family rejected a known villain who had truly changed, while embracing an unknown waif (who while seemingly sweet) brought them only heartache.

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

Natey Nate Nate from medical school to COO. What a leap for someone who’s never even had a toe in the corporate world and never has his own practice where he would need some business acumen. 

Excuse me but am I having a senior moment?  Didn’t Nostrils say he has a business meeting and he would get to Jack’s house as soon as possible. Nostrils even bought pastries because he was late.  Now Lily, Devon, and Natey Nate Nate are having a meeting without Lily’s right hand man.  Does this show that Nostrils is more of a hindrance than a contributor 🤔

A little hyperbole Abby. The worst person in the world?  I can think of a few more candidates just in GC.  I can’t believe I’m say this but Nostrils for the first time just might be the smartest person in the room. Yes Nostrils, it Kyle’s decision.  So Kyle wants to go back to Milan. This could be a great decision since it will keep Diane isolated from the  judgmental Abbotts and pursue a relationship with his mother. The only drawback would be Summer who has his balls in a jar. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

I thought it was funny when Allie knew basic facts about all the Abbotts career paths except  Billy. I suppose she might have been being polite by not wanting to say that she knew him to be a gambling addict -  booze hound - embezzler, that is currently hosting a pathetic podcast.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

How long has it been since Rey died? Celeste must be wondering why her son's body is still in GC instead of at least on its way to Miami. Gah, Sharon. Meanwhile, why is Nick acting like Rey's funeral is going to be on Mars or something? Dude, if you want to give your newly widowed ex a bit of grief sex, just ask for it instead of pretending like Sharon needs you to serve as her human fainting couch.

"Chancellor-Winters." I cannot. 🙄 Jill agreed to change the name of the legendary Chancellor Industries? And what's this about Billy being the only non-family member at the top of a family company? His mother owns the company! If she croaked tomorrow he'd likely inherit it, or at least a major chunk of it. OTOH, Lily, Devon, and Nate are simple employees. (Though Devon may have received a financial stake in the merged company in exchange for giving up HWG.) I don't get why TPTB are pushing this fantasy of the Winters extended family now magically owning Jill's company. Utter b.s.

Jack: ...and this is my sister, Traci...
Allie : the writer, of course.
Jack: ...and this is my sister, Ashley, and her daughter, my niece Abby...
Allie: the famed restaurateur.
Jack: ...and this is my brother, Billy...
Allie: the butt biscuit.
Billy: wait, say what now?
Preverts: <shrugs> hey, we just calls 'em as we sees 'em.

OMFG, Lily! If Billy feels like he's unwelcome at the Winters/Hamilton/Barber cookout it's because your brother and your cousin are acting like he's trying to bum-rush it. Again, his mother owns the company. She is your boss. Chancellor-Winters is your family legacy only for as long as Jill continues to let you work there. Get the eff over yourself. 😒

Allie pressed pause on a critical point in her graduate studies to make a sudden trip to GC. Ehhh. Priorities. She haz dem but they kina iffy rite now. This better not become a habit. (And Diane better not have talked Allie into it. Grrr.)

Wow, Diane. Quite cold-blooded to put your undead self in Nick's face like that. But I think Victor should get part of the blame for not giving Nick a heads-up. Nick's gonna be justifiably pissed when he finds out most of the immediate Newman family knew about Diane's resurrection before he did.

No mercy, Billy? Good luck with that. Who do you think you are, Batman? Out to rid Gotham, er, Genoa City of all the people you've decided are bad? Somewhere Bruce Wayne is pointing and laughing at you and your dumb passive-aggressive podcast.

Countdown until Diane has a medical crisis and Kyle won't be able to return to Milan yet. And Jack will be distracted by whatever emotional issue is going on with Allie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Excuse me but am I having a senior moment?  Didn’t Nostrils say he has a business meeting and he would get to Jack’s house as soon as possible. Nostrils even bought pastries because he was late.  Now Lily, Devon, and Natey Nate Nate are having a meeting without Lily’s right hand man.  Does this show that Nostrils is more of a hindrance than a contributor 🤔

That’s what I thought, too. I thought Lily guilted him into being late for the family meeting and that’s why he get dessert. And then they had another meeting without him?

But I do sometimes get a senior discount. 

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"Chancellor-Winters." I cannot. 🙄 Jill agreed to change the name of the legendary Chancellor Industries? And what's this about Billy being the only non-family member at the top of a family company? His mother owns the company! If she croaked tomorrow he'd likely inherit it, or at least a major chunk of it. OTOH, Lily, Devon, and Nate are simple employees. (Though Devon may have received a financial stake in the merged company in exchange for giving up HWG.) I don't get why TPTB are pushing this fantasy of the Winters extended family now magically owning Jill's company. Utter b.s.

OMFG, Lily! If Billy feels like he's unwelcome at the Winters/Hamilton/Barber cookout it's because your brother and your cousin are acting like he's trying to bum-rush it. Again, his mother owns the company. She is your boss. Chancellor-Winters is your family legacy only for as long as Jill continues to let you work there. Get the eff over yourself. 😒

Yes! I was ready to yell at my TV. NotBilly’s mom owns Chancellor. It’s not your family company Lily, Darvon, NateyNateNateNate. 

• Love 14
(edited)
8 hours ago, Julyolo said:

How 'bout Sharon's crepe de ville neck? Guess Botox is a no-no for the throat.

SC just cannot win. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Joi, you win all the internets!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I love Diane being back and SW looks fantastic. Oh jeeze I can’t remember the new girl’s name but so far I like her also and hope she isn't bogged down with her two annoying aunts. I kind of wish she winds up being a little devious and not all syrup.

how can it be that Nate and Elena are both so beautiful and yet when they are onscreen I am skfnrjvndnejfjf

oops sorry I fell asleep. What was I saying…oh yeah Nate and Elena are boring as all get out. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

Wait, what? "Let's all go to the memorial service that's only for the six of us, well, seven of us including the uninvited Gaspy." Three seconds pass. (Just enough time for everyone to turn around and sit down.) " Wasn't that a great memorial service?" Again, what?

And why does Gaspy get so much screen time mourning for the man she thought so little of that she tried to kill him and use his murder to frame someone else? Honestly, seeing NoahPeal's slideshow of ReyRey would have been less painful.

• Love 20

IKR. If this had happened in any other town, he would have had a huge multi city/state police departments send off at a local funeral home, then at a Genoa City church, then on to Miami where first responders there also would have given him a well deserved respectful farewell. A PARK with a slideshow is tone-deaf on the writers' part, nonwithstanding the fact Rey had a heart attack while off duty. A local officer here (very large urban area) died in a motorcycle wreck while vacationing, young like Rey, local and state departments from all over the state paid respects to this officer, and more importantly to his surviving family members. Huge media coverage on it as well. This was just cheap IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

First of all and most importantly is Mariah’s and Tessa’s wedding coming up on Friday. I just saw some advance pictures, on People Magazine, of the wedding. All I’m going to say is rest assured it’s not at CL.

I like Diane very much but that’s now. I don’t know much about her back than. Whatever she did a long time ago, I’m sure it couldn’t be worse than what she had to endure. I’m also what Diane did was in reaction to what Nikki and especially Rodan the Yenta was doing. Maybe more of a retaliation to their nefarious actions. Nikki and Rodan the Yenta is not very fond of Diane because she would not bend to their will. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

I had to laugh when Mariah and Tessa brought only a few bags of food for after the service. After a Jewish memorial service, even a small one, there would be enough food to feed a small army.  

I’m totally in love with Michael’s look because me and him have the exact same hair color, length and how we comb our hair, and the cut of our same gray beard.  The only difference is that Michael’s hair is a little thicker. 

What Summer thinks about Diane would be whatever Rodan the Yenta tells her to think. 

Is it nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles. It’s it better to know that a parent is alive, as with Ally, and find that they want no part of your life or is it better to think that a parent is dead, as with Kyle, only to find that she wants to make amends and be part of your life.  Could this why Ally was drawn to Diane in the first place knowing that Diane truly loved Kyle and wanted to reconnect while Ally just thought her mother was ambivalent giving her hope to reconnect to only find out her mother wanted no part of her.  I ask again, which is better in the mind?  

Yes Lauren, ask Michael to give up a part of himself and move to the South of France while you won’t give up part of yourself. I can see why Lauren and Rodan the Yenta are good friends because they are both very selfish. 

Instead of the church memorial, TIIC gave us the living room memorial. If I had my druthers, I would have preferred the Church memorial. It seemed to be more apropos. 

What type of relationship did Michael and Diane have?  He seems to be in favor of her resurrection. 

Color me surprised that the glare Rodan gave to Diane didn’t turn her into stone. 

• Love 15

I like Diane very much but that’s now. I don’t know much about her back than. Whatever she did a long time ago, I’m sure it couldn’t be worse than what she had to endure. 

I only know her from when she was played by Carly and she really was awful.

• Love 6

Wow, Diane is already acting like Kyle's life should revolve around her.

And there's Lauren in her Little Hooker on the Prairie dress. Then what was Michael wearing, the 2022 version of a 70s leisure suit? 😼 Meanwhile, looked like Sharon got one of Summer's old wrap dresses dyed black.

summer-lilac-wrap-dress.jpg

I think Sharon was more gracious to Chelsea than Chelsea deserved. If the car accident hadn't happened Chelsea was probably going to put a move on Rey in Chicago. She and Sharon both know it.

So are they going to cast Allie's mother or was Allie's convo with Jack today a way of letting the audience know Allie is virtually an orphan? Keemo's widow sounds awful and GC already has enough bad people.

Does Michael not know Ashland is still in town, rolling around in $500M of Newman cash, harassing Victoria, and thumbing his nose at Victor? I'm thinking he might not want to feel so proud of his efforts to take Ashland out of the picture.

Gotta give it to Lauren. She's still got a tight body for a woman of a certain age.

I wonder if we'll ever find out what really went down between TPTB and Jordi Vilasuso? This sendoff they've given Rey is one of the weirdest ones I've ever seen on a soap.

Not sure why but seeing Diane in a bear hug with Kyle gave me the complete creeps. I just can't see how he could possibly trust her again but it seems like she's made some small progress already.

But Sharon, Nick might want to get away from GC so he won't have to deal with Diane. Plus he's got Ashland breathing down his neck about the $250M donation to New Hope.

Ugh, Chelsea. You are not Rey's widow. Shut up with your "coulda, woulda" soliloquies.

Heh, Hurricane Phyllis has arrived and she's about to land on Diane. Batten down the hatches!

since the first couple of episodes the make-up artists have Anglicized Allie's looks more and more.

May I ask in what ways it seems Allie's appearance has been Anglicized? She looks the same to me but perhaps I don't know what to expect in make-up for a young Asian woman.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Geez Louise, Chelsea. How is Rey’s death all about you now? Instead of feeling so sorry for yourself about what might have been if you’d been able to seduce Rey away from Sharon, how about you think about how he died on the way back from picking up the soccer tickets? He could have had that heart attack at CL and gotten medical help right away. You are such an awful human being.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

What type of relationship did Michael and Diane have?  He seems to be in favor of her resurrection. 

Color me surprised that the glare Rodan gave to Diane didn’t turn her into stone. 

Michael represented Diane when Victor divorced her to marry Nikki when Nikki was supposed to be dying.  Victor and Michael were not fans of each other back then, so Michael convinced Diane to go scorched-earth on Victor.  He arranged for Diane to do a tell-all on Leanna Love's tv show (Leanna Love wrote Victor's biography "Ruthless", and was also one of Victor's many ex-wives).  Michael and Phyllis were an item back then, and Phyllis became so insanely jealous of how close Michael and Diane were becoming that she held Michael prisoner!  Michael also represented Diane during her custody case for Kyle. 

I really enjoyed the scene with Michael and Diane!  Michael looking at her in disbelief while trying not to look like he was looking was subtly wonderful.  I've done that look myself many times!

• Useful 4
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Michael represented Diane when Victor divorced her to marry Nikki when Nikki was supposed to be dying.  Victor and Michael were not fans of each other back then, so Michael convinced Diane to go scorched-earth on Victor.  He arranged for Diane to do a tell-all on Leanna Love's tv show (Leanna Love wrote Victor's biography "Ruthless", and was also one of Victor's many ex-wives).  Michael and Phyllis were an item back then, and Phyllis became so insanely jealous of how close Michael and Diane were becoming that she held Michael prisoner!  Michael also represented Diane during her custody case for Kyle. 

I really enjoyed the scene with Michael and Diane!  Michael looking at her in disbelief while trying not to look like he was looking was subtly wonderful.  I've done that look myself many times!

Thank you for the info on Michael and Diane.  As I thought Rodan the Yenta back then was the instigator and Rodan the Yenta is still the instigator today. 

• Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ugh, Chelsea. You are not Rey's widow. Shut up with your "coulda, woulda" soliloquies.

Right!  If that scene was written to drive home that Chelsea is getting even more looney than usual or that she's even more inappropriate and delusional than usual, then it worked.  If it was written to show us how lonely poor widdle Chelsea is, then it failed.  All it left me hoping was ButtBiscuit turns to Chelsea after his inevitable, upcoming fight with Lily (no spoilers, just a hope and a prayer than Lily still has it in her to realize when she's tied herself to a malignant slug).  Chelsea and ButtBiscuit are a fever dream made in heaven.

"Gasper and the ButtBiscuit" has a certain ring to it, I think.  Sounds like an 80's sitcom starring Tony Danza and Meredith Baxter.

Michael, you can't compare your job working for Victor the Death Eater with Lauren's bustling Bustle emporium for the overly financially endowed.  In yours, you could die.  In Lauren's, you wish you could.  Hopefully neither of you will ever retire.  The South of France doesn't need you two swanning up the countryside.

Show really confused me for a second or two.  First we saw Sharon and her team of Co-dependants at the cottage, and in the next scene, we saw them at the ..... cottage......  The only difference being Mariah and Tessa in the latter scene, unpacking the bucket of KC and the party platter from Taco Bell for the after-funeral feast.  It felt like Show was gaslighting us.  I hope this means Rey Rey moves into Dullan territory in GC memory now.   He's more loved now than he ever was when he was alive but not one bit more interesting.

Warning, sap flow ahead.  I'm enjoying Kyle right now.  It reminds me of how much I liked the guy when he first appeared in GC, when he was first meeting Lola and Dummer was just a bad smell.  I hope it continues.  I'm liking Allie a lot and hoping that she's not going to be some sort of emotional grifter.  I'm almost always wrong but if so, I hope we don't find that out for a long time.

I don't know what Diane's really up to, and I doubt it's anything good, but I am enjoying the character and the actress, a lot.

I'm also happy to see all the Abbotts in one place, brief as it may be.  I enjoy Ashley, even though there's not many who can match her when she's in viper mode.  When it comes to "protecting" Jack I can't help but remember that when it comes to hurting her brother, she's a pro.  Still like her though.  And while Traci and her eternal sunshine isn't everyone's cup of tea, she is mine.  I like her, and I'm a sucker for a character like her.  Soaps used to have a regular Mom/Grandma/Aunt like Traci - Y&R not as much as some others - and for me Traci fills the bill.  To really go off on a tangent, I sure wish Colleen was around to welcome her new cousin.  

As long as Genoa City has ButtBiscuit, Phyllis, Victor, Chelsea, Nick, etc., I think it can stand a transparently good person, too.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Most of the reactions to Diane Jenkins are gems. I especially liked the look on Nick's face. It was half disbelief and half disgust. I'm right there with ya, Nick.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, Diane is already acting like Kyle's life should revolve around her.

And there's Lauren in her Little Hooker on the Prairie dress. Then what was Michael wearing, the 2022 version of a 70s leisure suit? 😼 Meanwhile, looked like Sharon got one of Summer's old wrap dresses dyed black.

summer-lilac-wrap-dress.jpg

I think Sharon was more gracious to Chelsea than Chelsea deserved. If the car accident hadn't happened Chelsea was probably going to put a move on Rey in Chicago. She and Sharon both know it.

So are they going to cast Allie's mother or was Allie's convo with Jack today a way of letting the audience know Allie is virtually an orphan? Keemo's widow sounds awful and GC already has enough bad people.

Does Michael not know Ashland is still in town, rolling around in $500M of Newman cash, harassing Victoria, and thumbing his nose at Victor? I'm thinking he might not want to feel so proud of his efforts to take Ashland out of the picture.

Gotta give it to Lauren. She's still got a tight body for a woman of a certain age.

I wonder if we'll ever find out what really went down between TPTB and Jordi Vilasuso? This sendoff they've given Rey is one of the weirdest ones I've ever seen on a soap.

Not sure why but seeing Diane in a bear hug with Kyle gave me the complete creeps. I just can't see how he could possibly trust her again but it seems like she's made some small progress already.

But Sharon, Nick might want to get away from GC so he won't have to deal with Diane. Plus he's got Ashland breathing down his neck about the $250M donation to New Hope.

Heh, Hurricane Phyllis has arrived and she's about to land on Diane. Batten down the hatches!

May I ask in what ways it seems Allie's appearance has been Anglicized? She looks the same to me but perhaps I don't know what to expect in make-up for a young Asian woman.

In some scenes with Allie they have gone heavy on false eyelashes which IMO detract from the natural shape. As to the 250 mil "donation" from Pillsbury for Rey's memory....is it a donation or a redirection? Pillsbury knows he can get a whole lot more $ if he can con Victoria back into their relationship. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

@boes I hope Diane is back for long term and is involved with everyone.

Also @boes I am all for a good person on the show. I just can’t stand Beth Maitland’s version of the sunshine character who has suffered heartache and plows on through with support for any and all in need. The actress gripes the hell out of me not the character.

Since so many on the show are embracing the natural hair I wish JT/Billy would also. Maybe he is going to because I saw a glimpse of his natural light black with some grey at his roots this week. He would look a lot better if he did ditch the dye box. Minority opinion here, he is my favorite Billy. I disliked the others. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 8

So did Sharon ditch Ray’s body on the tarmac so she could turn around and head back to GC? It appears she wasn’t even gone 24 hours. I would have thought she would stay for the funeral that I’m sure Celeste and the rest of his family will have. So much for the mourning widow routine.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Stpauliegirl said:

So did Sharon ditch Ray’s body on the tarmac so she could turn around and head back to GC? It appears she wasn’t even gone 24 hours. I would have thought she would stay for the funeral that I’m sure Celeste and the rest of his family will have. So much for the mourning widow routine.

I'm surprised Chelzzzz didn't run after the plane screaming panting about her love for "hockey".

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, Stpauliegirl said:

I think she will skip the mourning widow persona and pivot to martyr/Madonna/wide-eyed sainthood. And include the old standby - lovely, aging ingenue.  She will still be easier to watch and tolerate than Victoria. Hard shell crabs, that one.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

In some scenes with Allie they have gone heavy on false eyelashes which IMO detract from the natural shape.

Oh, okay, that didn't occur to me. Thanks for the explanation. Frankly I'm not a fan of the heavy use of false eyelashes and thick mascara on anyone (except maybe a drag queen). It's probably due to muscle memory from when I wore contact lenses and wasn't trying to have anything on my eyelids that might drop debris into my eyes.

Since so many on the show are embracing the natural hair I wish JT/Billy would also. Maybe he is going to because I saw a glimpse of his natural light black with some grey at his roots this week. He would look a lot better if he did ditch the dye box.

The men seem to go back and forth with their hair colors, I've noticed. For a while they'll show some gray and then suddenly they'll appear with the black shoe polished look. Meanwhile, Michael/CLB is rocking the white hair fabulously.

Sharon is accompanying Rey’s body back to Miami after the wedding.

If I were Mama Celeste, at this point I'd be putting out an APB on Rey's body. Sharon sure is taking her time getting it back to Miami. I know she's the widow but out of respect to Celeste I think Sharon shouldn't be playing this weird game of Keep Away with the corpse.

• Love 11

I’m confused. Today Sharon came home, the kids all said how much they missed her, she said there were so many people in Miami who said so many nice things about Rey. Did she leave his body in GC? Who said she was taking his body to Miami after the wedding?

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I am a huge fan of Mariah’s. I do wish the wardrobe folks would try harder to flatter her body. Her clothes are often too tight and too short. She has very heavy thighs so it would look so much better if her clothing was looser and a bit longer. She deserves at least that much since she’s the best actor on this show hands down. And her hair is gorgeous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
40 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’m confused. Today Sharon came home, the kids all said how much they missed her, she said there were so many people in Miami who said so many nice things about Rey. Did she leave his body in GC? Who said she was taking his body to Miami after the wedding?

Yesterday, Sharin said she wanted to take Saint Rey Rey's body down to Miami by herself to have alone time with him before his real funeral down there. Today, Sharin apparently came back from delivering Saint Rey Rey's body down to Miami, and attending the funeral and burial and whatever else was being done down there and being done for Saint Rey Rey by all his family and friends. Surprise! So although it seems like it's the same day in GC, Sharin apparently must have gone through a black hole and done some time traveling. We had another one of those occurrences with Mariah and Tessa today. They were in their apartment freaking out about the wedding. NoahPeal came by to take them to the Top Of The Towers to show them how he hung the crepe paper streamers. Then the next time we saw them they were coming back in their apartment door marveling about the pin the tail on the donkey that NoahPeal set up at the Top Of The Towers for their un-square wedding. Now with them I'm not convinced that they went through the black hole and time travelled. I don't think they ever actually left  the apartment. I think they might all be high.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Yesterday, Sharin said she wanted to take Saint Rey Rey's body down to Miami by herself to have alone time with him before his real funeral down there. Today, Sharin apparently came back from delivering Saint Rey Rey's body down to Miami, and attending the funeral and burial and whatever else was being done down there and being done for Saint Rey Rey by all his family and friends. Surprise! So although it seems like it's the same day in GC, Sharin apparently must have gone through a black hole and done some time traveling. We had another one of those occurrences with Mariah and Tessa today. They were in their apartment freaking out about the wedding. NoahPeal came by to take them to the Top Of The Towers to show them how he hung the crepe paper streamers. Then the next time we saw them they were coming back in their apartment door marveling about the pin the tail on the donkey that NoahPeal set up at the Top Of The Towers for their un-square wedding. Now with them I'm not convinced that they went through the black hole and time travelled. I don't think they ever actually left  the apartment. I think they might all be high.

Crikey, I need to be high to watch. 

• LOL 13

It’s fantastic the way Mariah and Tessa play off each other. Mariah has a tendency to be hyper while Tessa is mostly  cool calm and collected. Did Mariah say that Chelsea designed their dresses?  I sure hope Sally sneaks into there dressing room and replaces the dresses with her own designs. 

I didn’t want to say anything but now that the cat is out of the bag. In the picture I saw of the wedding, it was quite obvious the wedding will take place at the Top Of The Tower. You had to be blind not to see the Big N In the background.  Thankfully for only a $30 fee you can become an ordained minister that can legally perform marriage, in Wisconsin, within 24 hours. Noah actually had time to become ordained. 

Did I hear right?  There is a snow storm coming to GC predicate by the arrival of a single snowflake 😉?  I guess this is not a spoiler that Summer was recasted. Will this new Summer be smarter and less of a snowflake?  Will this new Summer sound less like Daisy Duck?  if Summer comes back to GC, what will be her new job that she’s unqualified for.  Maybe Summer can take over Fenimore so Lauren can retire.  I guess we will soon find out. 

And Spider goes all in on his plan to take over the Newman empire. The plan is brilliant but will it come to fruition because there are still too many variables.  Sally is Spider’s ride or die but Sally could be over exuberant in the execution of Spider’s plan. 

No Olive it’s not all about Adam but it is all about her.  Case in point by naming Nikki, a less qualified person to be Co-CEO over Adam, bolsters HER power position at NE.   Olive isn’t wrestling with her emotions. Olive is wrestling with her ego. Even with all Poppin Fresh’s lies and deceptions, Olive has to believe that Poppin Fresh is deeply in love with her. 

Is it possible for Olive to treat anyone without contempt. Even, at times, her mother and father are not immune.  

• Love 13
Just now, Waldo13 said:

Did Mariah say that Chelsea designed their dresses?  I sure hope Sally sneaks into there dressing room and replaces the dresses with her own designs. 

You and me both!!!

2 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

And Spider goes all in on his plan to take over the Newman empire. The plan is brilliant but will it come to fruition because there are still too many variables.

When Adam said that it just came to him overnight, I thought that's probably what the MWT said who came up with whatever drivel it wrote for the next adventure with Asshat since we all got stuck with Asshat staying "on the canvas".

5 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Is it possible for Olive to treat anyone without contempt

No.

• Love 14

Oy, don't know about that dress Sharon had on today. Seemed a bit young for her to me. Did she raid Faith's closet before she went to Miami? It didn't seem like the kind of thing Lola would've worn.

Yay, no more cane for Victoria; she can go back to being her straight up Ice Queen self. Now if she could also toss the blouse she was wearing. IMO it was very Ladies Who Lunch circa 1987.

Aaannnd I have no words for Sally's outfit today. Oh wait, yeah I do: YIKES! She must be auditioning for the lead in Pretty Woman II: Work It, Work It. To be produced by Newman Media, of course.

Ashland sure can lay it on thick. He gets just the right catch in his voice to help him sound sorrowful and sincere. I don't understand why Victoria always stands there and listens to him. Also, didn't Chance already tell Ashland that Rey had a heart attack?

The Top of the Tower. Hmm, I figured the wedding would either be there or Chancellor Park. Summertime's almost here and the writers will be looking for reasons to stage scenes up on the roof. Wonder if Mariah and Tessa have to pay a rental fee or if Noah arranged for them to use it gratis since his family owns it.

Poetic justice, Sharon? Not sure you know what that term means, hon. Ashland isn't losing $250M, ironically or otherwise. He's merely the middleman. The donation to New Hope is essentially coming from Victor and it's no real punishment for Ashland.

If Victoria forgives Ashland and decides to take him back, she'll likely get Nikki to convince Victor to accept it since he wants Victoria to be happy. Then he'll simply insist Ashland have no part in NE whatsoever. Oops, there will go your big plans to snatch the CEO job, Adam. Exploded like the Hindenberg. 😵

Lol, Ashland was like, "Nick, I'd dare you to 'come at me bro' but something tells me your equipment ain't big enough to swing at mine." This guy. Boldly throwing a double deuce at the entire Newman clan.🖕🖕

Ugh, if one more person says such and such is what Rey would've wanted I'll rip out my eardrums and feel them to the birds. AFAIC he's momentarily replaced Neil or Kay as the all-purpose excuse for whatever crap somebody wants do.

Wait, Victoria's pants. Oh sweetie, no. Sally can wear skintight leather, you cannot. That rear view was an offense to my delicate sensibilities. 😼

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

For some reason, whenever I see Sally lately, she looks like she auditioning for a more porn level of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.  

And she's a beautiful woman. There's no need to tart her up like that.

• Love 18

Sally's not about to betray Adam and tell Victoria his plan, is she?  Imma be mad...

Ughh, Summer's coming back.  I don't know how I feel about a recast.  The devil you know, and all.  I think it's the terrible character rather than the actress.  If Victor does fire Victoria, he'll probably appoint Summer as CEO.  By the way, where's Nikki's portrait?

As much as I love Tessa and Mariah, I'm not sure their wedding will be able to match my absolute favorite soap wedding ever, Neil's and Hilary's "A (bus)Fare in the Park".  A hot dog, a passerby jogger, and thou. 💞

• LOL 14
(edited)

Thinking the wedding was today, I watched the episode live. Thanks a lot, Show. 💩

Crystal. Bleh. I hope she wasn't brought back to be in a Crystal/Noah/Allie triangle.

Is that the same actress playing Crystal as before? Mariah made the corny joke about how she looked so different. 🤔

Sally was working the Ice Queen hard, and using her own shady past in L.A. to do it. Victoria sure is gullible for a big-time CEO of a major international corporate conglomerate.

Yep, the place to discuss your plans to "get rid" of some guy is in the lobby of a busy hotel where people can overhear you. TGVN might be losing his touch. (Speaking of the Grassy Pacifier, where's the woman who used to manage it? She hasn't been on in a while and her name was Crystal too. Is there only room in GC for one Crystal?)

Heh, at least Ashland knew not to get too snarky with Nikki. Nikki the Newman Family Enforcer could snap at any time and he'd be on the receiving end of her potentially murderous anger.

Each wedding guest is getting a bottle of wine or champagne as a party favor? Uh, wow? Maybe it was bubble bath or olive oil instead of alcohol.

Guess Victoria didn't get enough to eat at Society and had to hit Crimson Lights on the way back to work. Or she was looking for Ashland so he could see how her bony behind looked in those pants. 😼

Now Nikki and Nick have both warned Ashland that the family will permanently fcuk him up if he doesn't leave Victoria alone and get out of town. Please tell me there's a murder mystery afoot because I am 100% over the Loch Ness Monster.

Hey, Faith mentioned Moses! It's a miracle! (But if they have him teaching the wedding guests how to do the Electric Slide I will have to go to GC and smack somebody. 😡)

Re the previews: it appears to me that most of the wedding attendees didn't understand the assignment. 1970s glam = 2022 fail. 🙀 At this point I'm mainly curious to see how many of the cast members will be there. CG is a  Y&R vet and AFAIC should be getting a major event for her character. It's what Cassie would have wanted.😏

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
(edited)

It's what Cassie would have wanted.😏

And Kay.  Not to mention, Neil. or Rey Rey. 

Liz Foster has been praying for it from Heaven, with Philip I, II, and III by her side.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18

First things first.  Chrystal is a beautiful young lady and I wish they would let her stay around for a while.  Chrystal would be a fantastic asset to GC. 

As I thought Sally’s over exuberance will be detrimental to Adam’s plan. Sally in talking to Olive has set off Olive’s suspicions nature where everything to her is a conspiracy. The exception is Poppin Fresh where her black heart overruled her nature.  I don’t believe I’m saying this, but Olive’s suspicions nature can be a blessing in business. In business, it’s good that people tell you things but it’s always very wise to understand why they are telling you.  Truthfulness or hidden agenda?  

If Victor would for once look at things on the bright side that he would bought Locke’s empire, which is probably worth more than $500 million, and made a donation to his sons charity endeavor, New Hope.

WTF?  Did I miss a day?  Isn’t today Friday the 13th?  I guess in GC, Monday is Friday the 13th. I was all set to see the wedding today and snark on what everyone was wearing including the Chelsea created wedding dresses.  Bummer. 

It looks like TIIC are hinting towards a murder mystery of who killed Poppin Fresh.  How many hints are being dropped to that end. Too many to be red herrings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Nikki the Newman Family Enforcer could snap at any time and he'd be on the receiving end of her potentially murderous anger.

Wasn't she in Goodfellas? Goodfellas GIF

• LOL 15

Sally played those two egomaniacs like a Stradivarius.  The goal was to plant seeds, and she planted a whole garden.  Brava!  Adam really has met his match.  

I think I remember the first Crystal being a blonde.  This one looks more like she could be Tessa's sister.  

In the previews, Phyllis is one of the wedding guests. ???  Who invited her?  She despises Sharon, she's no longer with Nick, and she has zero to do with either of the brides.  And the party is not being held at the Gag Reflex, so why is she there?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
(edited)

It looks like it's the same actress playing Crystal as when she was first on.

I was very much ready to be annoyed by her reappearance, but wound up finding her and her scenes with Tessa to be really sweet.

CG is an absolute treasure, and Sharon looked better than she has in a long time.  As much as SC can phone it in, she's almost always on when working with Mariah and I love their interactions.

Actually a lot to like about today TBH, but that's probably because I ignored TGVN/Victoria/Ashland.  Weird how that works.  

Next week, OMG Phyllis.  And NuSummer.  But really, Phyllis...No.   

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

In the previews, Phyllis is one of the wedding guests. ???  Who invited her?  She despises Sharon, she's no longer with Nick, and she has zero to do with either of the brides.  And the party is not being held at the Gag Reflex, so why is she there?  

I'm thinking Jack misheard the theme of the wedding.  When he heard it was a "70's theme", he probably though that meant "70 I.Q. theme" and that would make Phyllis the perfect Plus One.  Though, to honest, that would be a pretty generous upgrade on Jack's part.

The cleavage and plunging neckline on her dress makes her look like an old episode of "What Not To Wear".  Maybe Clinton Kelly and/or Stacy London will be working the bar.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4