Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: A Couple Bruised Ribs and a Cereal Box Ghost Detector

Bort
  • Start Topic

When George Sr. accidentally lands the school librarian in the hospital, the Cooper family must nurse her back to health. Meemaw gives Georgie relationship advice.

Airdate: Thursday, March 12, 2020

As always, please do not discuss events of The Big Bang Theory that have not “happened” yet. 

Not my favorite episode.  But, at least the librarian got Sheldon to apologize to Dr. Sturgis.  And at least Mary stuck to her guns for at least now.  

Poor George.  That probably could have happened to anybody.

• Love 6

God I love Missy so much, that little moment between her and Mary was so sweet. 💕

Georgie was a sweetheart too, making sure she gets home safe, offering a blizzard and the radio too, 😄🥰

• Love 16

I like the librarian so it was nice seeing her again and I liked how her staying at the Coopers changed up the dynamics. We got to see Georgie stay over at his Meema's which was a nice change of pace. And Sheldon and the librarian interacting with one another always amuses me.

The end with George watching the replay of the game cracked me up. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nora1992 said:

Has Missy had a growth spurt unmatched by Sheldon?  She hasn’t stood up next to Sheldon in a while.  

How old are the twins supposed to be now? I noticed she looks like a young teen this season but Sheldon still look young. But girls typically look older than boys at that age (in my experience anyway). Also Sheldon acts so childish that maybe it contributes to the way we physically see him. IDK

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Snow Apple said:

How old are the twins supposed to be now? I noticed she looks like a young teen this season but Sheldon still look young. But girls typically look older than boys at that age (in my experience anyway). Also Sheldon acts so childish that maybe it contributes to the way we physically see him. IDK

11 or 12, I think.

34 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I think they're supposed to be 11 (they were 9 when the first season started); she does look older than him, but that's not unusual for that age, I think. But now that I'm thinking about it, she does seem to be sitting down in most of her scenes the past couple episodes. In real life, Raegan is about 6 months older than Iain (born January and July 2008, respectively).

(In the last episode with Paige I was thinking she looked a lot older than both of them, and she's supposed to be slightly younger; but google says the actress is 13 now. It's a tricky age group to cast for, I think, for a show that might go on for multiple seasons.)

[On a side note, I wonder how long they're going to have them share a room. She, especially, is getting to an age where I would think she'd want some more privacy and especially not want to be sharing a bedroom with her brother. My parents' first house only had two bedrooms; my brother and I having to share a room was a primary reason we moved before he started elementary school.]

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, mammaM said:

The librarian's cats, Edgar and Allen, Poe ran away😂

(para.) "I want to date you, AND other girls". Oh Georgie, not the right move

The cats names were my favorite part! (English Lit degree, here.)

I did love that even though she dumped him he still followed her to make sure she got home safely. He may be a bit dim sometimes but he's a sweetheart. (I was kinda hoping he'd break up with her, though. She comes across as jealous and a bit possessive.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 8

This episode was a bit boring.  I feel cheated that we didn't get to actually see the Sheldon/Dr Sturgis apology and any subsequent discussion.  

I was so afraid the librarian was going to talk about suing George or the school that I found it hard to enjoy her storyline.  I will probably enjoy this episode more on a rewatch.  I did love that her cats were named Edgar, Allen, and Poe.

It took me a beat to associate Missy's enquiry after the librarian's health and her ghost detector! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

[On a side note, I wonder how long they're going to have them share a room. She, especially, is getting to an age where I would think she'd want some more privacy and especially not want to be sharing a bedroom with her brother.

I've been wondering that, too. Missy is maturing physcially ahead of Sheldon (not unusual for that age). Perhaps It is time for Sheldon to share a bedroom with his brother, which would not go over well for either of them.

• Love 5

It’s actually not legal in Texas for sibling of the opposite sex to share a room past the age of four. Of course, that’s now. I don’t know if that law was around in 1991. Also, people do it anyway, it’s not a well known law. 

At any rate, Missy is pretty close to an age where girls start their first period. She will NOT want to share a room with Sheldon once that happens and she needs to start wearing a bra. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

It’s actually not legal in Texas for sibling of the opposite sex to share a room past the age of four. Of course, that’s now. I don’t know if that law was around in 1991. Also, people do it anyway, it’s not a well known law. 

Interesting. My brother and I shared a room out of necessity when we were little (he's 2 1/2 years older). They moved me to my own room about six months after we moved to the new house, when I was around 3. I used to babysit for a family whose kids shared a room at 4 and 7 but that was because they wanted to. The younger one had her own room but she chose to sleep in her brother's. I imagine that didn't last into puberty.

• Love 2

Raegan Revord (Missy) was born January 3, 2008, and Iain Armitage (Sheldon) July 15, 2008.  So she has a head start toward a growth spurt because of her age as well as being a girl.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I grew up on military bases - the rule was children of opposite sex could share bedrooms until they were 12.  You'd get assigned different quarters based on number of kids and rules like that.

Liked that Mary stuck to her guns with Sheldon.  What he did was outrageous.  I loved him realizing that all of his reactions were considered childish!

• Love 4

This show has gone down hill significantly. I haven't really laughed all season. I think the little boy who plays Georgie looks like he's around 15 so him driving and making out with girls is really distracting. I feel like it is trying to throw around a million different story lines that don't really go anywhere. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ellenr33 said:

This show has gone down hill significantly. I haven't really laughed all season. I think the little boy who plays Georgie looks like he's around 15 so him driving and making out with girls is really distracting. I feel like it is trying to throw around a million different story lines that don't really go anywhere. 

The actor is actually 17(!). In the first season he was in 9th grade (along with Sheldon) so I guess the character is 16 now.

I cringed when George was going to the librarians house to feed her cats.  Very predictable  that one of the cats would get out of the house as soon as he opened the door.  

Usually the children of the same sex share a room, so I thought from the beginning Georgie and Sheldon should have shared, not Missy and Sheldon.  I thought that was a little strange.  Never knew there were laws forbidding children of the opposite sex sharing a room past a certain age.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

Usually the children of the same sex share a room, so I thought from the beginning Georgie and Sheldon should have shared, not Missy and Sheldon

I think it's because it would have been weird for 5 or 6 year old Georgie to share a room with baby Sheldon, and they just haven't gotten around to switching. If Sheldon hasn't gone off to college, or Georgie moved out, I'm sure at 13 they'll switch up rooms.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Liked that Mary stuck to her guns with Sheldon.  What he did was outrageous.  I loved him realizing that all of his reactions were considered childish!

Problem is, he said that he eventually wore her down, so she will let him go back to college.  He knows how to be annoying to the point of getting his way.   I love this show, but seeing his behavior with each episode is actually getting annoying to me!  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, mammaM said:

"I want to date you, AND other girls". Oh Georgie, not the right move

Not a good move, I agree, but it appears he may get away with it, judging from the smile on the girl's face when he was playing music for her.  You have to respect Georgie for at least being straight with her about it, instead of sneaking behind her back.  And it was a gentlemanly movie seeing she got home safely.  Veronica is probably endgame for him, anyway.  

9 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Seems like that should be up to the family, some probably don't have the resources to provide separate rooms.  I do agree it's getting a little strange to see Sheldon and Missy sharing a room at their age though.  I guess if they shared a womb, they can share a room.  They're probably still together because Georgie would likely haze Sheldon, and chaos would ensue.

I liked Missy's scenes with the ghost detector.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Not that I believe everything I read online, but not according to this legal website and the Texas lawyers answering that question (in this case about half siblings).  Sorry I took a look online because I was curious.  It's not looking like that's a law anywhere in the US.  Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

I've been wondering that, too. Missy is maturing physcially ahead of Sheldon (not unusual for that age). Perhaps It is time for Sheldon to share a bedroom with his brother, which would not go over well for either of them.

I always thought it would be great to see that happen for an episode. The reason he temporarily moves in with Georgie is that Missy is sick. 

4 hours ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

Usually the children of the same sex share a room, so I thought from the beginning Georgie and Sheldon should have shared, not Missy and Sheldon. 

I can understand why Missy and Sheldon would have shared a room as babies or little kids, because having two infants or really little kids in one room makes more sense, especially since they would have the same bedtime and it would make life easier for everyone. Now that the twins are growing up, I am pretty sure it is only a matter of time before Missy demands her own room and some privacy. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I can understand why Missy and Sheldon would have shared a room as babies or little kids, because having two infants or really little kids in one room makes more sense, especially since they would have the same bedtime and it would make life easier for everyone. Now that the twins are growing up, I am pretty sure it is only a matter of time before Missy demands her own room and some privacy. 

It looks like Sheldon is pretty sure he's going to convince his mother to let him go to college after high school, so if he goes away somewhere she may have the room to herself most of the time anyway.  Or maybe Georgie might go to automotive college (or trade school) somewhere.  I was virtually moved out of my parents' house after the age of 18.  Of course these days kids stay home forever so it's hard to imagine that now.

Edited by Yeah No
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Not that I believe everything I read online, but not according to this legal website and the Texas lawyers answering that question (in this case about half siblings).  Sorry I took a look online because I was curious.  It's not looking like that's a law anywhere in the US.  Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

I dug a little and couldn’t find anything. And now that I think about it, I guess it was just hearsay. Siblings at Sheldon and Missy’s ages would probably end up separating soon enough. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Not that I'm an expert but the 'no opposite sex after 4 years old" rule might be a foster care thing. 

Yes, from what I'm reading it is.  It may also be a thing when a court decides on child welfare.

• Love 1

Black-ish had the twins in the same room until Diane became too mature to share a room with Jack.  The show Speechless had three teenagers, two boys and a girl sharing one room.  They did an episode about her needing her space, but the family didn't have the resources for a larger house.

• Love 2

I'm sorry, how was everyone saying it was George's fault ? He didn't run into anyone. Sure, he could have tried to help the librarian out of the way instead of just leaping away himself, but he's no more responsible than I would be if I jump out of the way of traffic so the person behind me gets run down (and it certainly wasn't news - though it might be eligible for America's Funniest Home Videos, or a similar era appropriate program).

Still managing some great lines:

"Anything you say is just between us" Meemaw
"But you lie all the time! I learnt to lie from you!" Georgie

"We have a guest. Let's pretend like we like each other..." George

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 1:00 PM, mammaM said:

"I want to date you, AND other girls". Oh Georgie, not the right move

Yeah, I don't think honesty was the best policy there...

Spoiler

Glad we're seeing an indication of the future "No nonsense" Mary that takes no BS from Sheldon and less "Pushover Mary", even if she did ultimately back down this time.

• Love 2