Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I am proud to announce that so far, I have managed to not hear an Arianna Grande song or even see a glimpse of her on tv.  I'm sure at some point she will be inflicted upon me via some store's speaker system, but I probably wouldn't even know what I was hearing, so I will keep on trotting blissfully along unawares, just as I have done with Justin Bieber.  For real, I have never, to my knowledge, heard a note of any of his songs.  It's not even because I am too old for their music (I am) (and so is Frankie), it's just that I don't care to tune into what's being spit out of today's pop stations because years ago I realized most of it doesn't suit my moods. 

I am on pins and needles waiting for BBAD.  I hope Caleb is bawling his face off and wiping his nose with Amber's slippers!  If they subject me to another 2 hours of men playing pool, I will start kicking things.  Would seriously rather watch Jocasta sleeping than another second of anyone playing pool.

• Love 2

Donny just seems so over these people. He's one of us!

I hope Caleb is bawling his face off and wiping his nose with Amber's slippers!  

As of now he's mostly just talking about how she shouldn't have bit the hand that feeds her and yada yada yada.

I love how Frankie thinks he has these noms figured out. I mean, sadly, he's probably right, but I pray he gets a huge slap in the face at the nom ceremony.

• Love 1

I wasn't sure who Nicole was referring to as the person who throws comps and just gets to float by. If it's Victoria, I don't understand how she could think Victoria is throwing the comps. They only other people that don't win anything are Christine and Jocasta, right?

The guys were talking about back dooring Hayden this week so I'm glad Donny and Nicole won. The guys want to protect Caleb and Hayden has been consistently saying that he wants to go after Caleb,  Frankie and Zach seemed to be the ringleaders on that one so not absolutely sure that the others were sincere when they agreed. Christine said she was fine with it.

Sounds like Donny wants them each to put up one weak player and says he might have to nominate Christine. Both Nicole and Donny were referring to a scenario that Hayden had discussed but both seemed too scared to do it, so I'm hoping it's someone other than Caleb that Hayden is really targeting. I think the noms will be as safe as they can get them and we'll just have to see if they have the nerve to back door a strong player if given the opportunity. I'm sure they're both nervous about the upcoming DE and not wanting the boys alliance targeting them when they can't compete for HOH.

Imagine if the noms were Derrick/Cody/Frankie/Zach. They would all be so pressed none of the women got nommed. I mean I know there's no chance, but I'm trying to keep hope alive!

Nicole won't have the fortitude to do anything though. She's a very weak, passive player. I wish her and Donny would see they ain't got a shot in hell at winning this game as it is now and do something about it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Whenever he says that "bite the hand that feeds her" garbage, I have to sit on my hands until I have fought back the violent urge to book the next ticket to L.A. and jump out of the plane as it passes over the BB house, just so I can take a decent shot at landing on him and shutting his fool mouth for good.  Didn't I read here that it was someone else who actually used that phrase first, and Caleb didn't even know what it meant and had to ask?  And now he spouts it once every 90 seconds like he invented it, only I don't think the little pea that rolls around in his head really understands the meaning of the term.

I want to be excited that Donny and Nicole are HoH, but I can't let my hopes get up.  I realized after Amber left that she and Donny were definitely the last 2 people left that I like at all, so all my hopes and dreams are pinned on Donny, which scares me with the crew he's dealing with.  I'm glad he will get pictures from home, and I'm very interested to see what's in his HoH basket.

• Love 9

Arianna Grande has been compared, favorably, to Mariah Carey, so I think technically as a vocalist she actually is pretty talented. I didn't know who she was until the show started, but now I see her everywhere on Twitter and I don't really follow the Disney Star news beat.

But talent obviously doesn't run in the family, since we all know based on his DRs that Frankie can't act.

• Love 2

Well, IMO she SHOULD nominate them upfront. That gives her a better shot at getting a strong person out after the veto.

But then if one of them wins veto and doesn't use it, she's wasted her week.

I think Donny DOES know that Derrick/Frankie are after him, but he probably also knows that he probably wouldn't have the votes to get either of them out.

If he gets them up together or even maybe either of them against Cody, then there you go. But this stupid ass twist makes people nominate weak players and weak players are, of course, any and all females.

I wonder if Donny realizes that he has no actual allies and that everyone would easily vote him out? I feel like he must because he seems so over this shit show!

Yeah, while her songs might be terrible, Ariana Grande is an actually talented singer (unlike someone like Miley Cyrus, who might be a fine entertainer, but her songs need to be autotuned like crazy). The annoying thing about some modern pop music is even the GOOD singers like Grande get autotuned like crazy!

An interesting nomination would be Derrick/Frankie vs. Cody/Caleb. Cody/Caleb probably wins that, no?

• Love 1

Ariana Grande has a large following and one of the better young female followings on Twitter.  Many compare her (as she does herself) to Mariah Carey as she hits those whistle tones.

She had a top ten song last year ("The Way") that Entertainment Weekly called the best Mariah Carey song, not by Mariah Carey.  Although I am old, I am not old enough to have experienced the "doo-wop" style during its height.  I have always enjoyed the music from the era (confusing my parents greatly).  Her first album had a doo-wop influenced song called "Tattooed Heart" that I really liked.  Here's a link to her performance of it on the American Music Awards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh2CB1qVhFw

I have seen many comments in the forums that suggest a lot of people believe that no one in the house would know who she is.  I have to think that at least a couple of the houseguests would know someone who has had top ten singles, a top ten album, and performed on the American Music Awards, Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show, the I Heart Radio show, and other nationally broadcast programs.  All of the houseguests would not have to know her.  It would only take two or three to potentially spell trouble for Frankie.

• Love 1

Arianna Grande has been compared, favorably, to Mariah Carey, so I think technically as a vocalist she actually is pretty talented. I didn't know who she was until the show started, but now I see her everywhere on Twitter and I don't really follow the Disney Star news beat.

But talent obviously doesn't run in the family, since we all know based on his DRs that Frankie can't act.

Despite being 34, and too "old" for that type of music I have to admit her song Problem is one of my guilty pleasures. I've heard a lot of people comparing her to Mariah Carey and I just don't hear it. I actually cringe when I hear Ariana hitting the high notes because it sounds like she's straining her voice SO bad. Mariah's mother was an opera singer so Mariah probably had some good training on how to hit high notes properly, in a way that won't injure her vocal cords.

She had a top ten song last year ("The Way") that Entertainment Weekly called the best Mariah Carey song, not by Mariah Carey.  Although I am old, I am not old enough to have experienced the "doo-wop" style during its height.  I have always enjoyed the music from the era (confusing my parents greatly).  Her first album had a doo-wop influenced song called "Tattooed Heart" that I really liked.  Here's a link to her performance of it on the American Music Awards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh2CB1qVhFw

I have seen many comments in the forums that suggest a lot of people believe that no one in the house would know who she is.  I have to think that at least a couple of the houseguests would know someone who has had top ten singles, a top ten album, and performed on the American Music Awards, Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show, the I Heart Radio show, and other nationally broadcast programs.  All of the houseguests would not have to know her.  It would only take two or three to potentially spell trouble for Frankie.

If any of the houseguests have heard of her then I am very surprised they haven't connected the dots. Frankie refers to his sister as Ari, they know his last name is Grande. Ari Grande. Doesn't take a genius. Of all of the houseguests I would think Victoria or Zach the Belieber would be most likely to know who she was.

From Joker's:

7:21 PM Jocasta crying in the fire room. Victoria comforting her NT

What on earth is she crying about this time? She always has some kind of issue after every single comp. As many others have said, she really needs to leave as she just is not cut out for this.

From Joker's:

7:46 PM Nic: i dont care im cut throat. Cody: Derrick said nic doesnt F around. He was the first person to tell me that. NT

7:47 PM Nicole: I'm ready to make moves. I live for this game, I love this game. I'm sitting in the shadows worried sick & I don't want th NT

Yeah, she's really going to show how "cut throat" she is by making the huge move to put up Victoria and Jocasta. It'll be a real game changer. [/sarcasm]

• Love 2

Of all of the houseguests I would think Victoria or Zach the Belieber would be most likely to know who she was.

I think Victoria does know TBH. Zach probably doesn't pick up on that stuff.

• Love 2

Victoria is so dim that the closest I expect she'd get to putting it together without help is to maybe one day say to Derrick in the hammock, "Like, you know what's weird?  Like, Frankie has a sister named Ari Grande, right? And like, there's this singer?  Like, a famous one?  Named Arianna Grande!  Like, isn't that insane?  Like, I wonder if Frankie ever noticed that like, his sister and like, Arianna Grande have like, almost the same exact, like, NAME!"  And Derrick wouldn't be able to take that and run with it,  because he wouldn't heard a word she said.

eta:  Y'all are my people, and I love you.  Someone posted in the episode thread that they were disappointed by Amber's "mean girl" comments that were a little cruel about Caleb.  I just.  I don't.  I mean...I know this person might be REALLY young, maybe has a crush on Caleb because they only see what airs on CBS and wants to think the best of him, and likely this only represents 1% of the viewers' opinions, but damn.  I feel faint.

Nicole can talk about being hardcore and targeting Frankie until she's blue in the face, but I refuse to believe her or get excited until she actually does something.  I'm so tired of getting my hopes dashed by these people.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 4

It's lovely to see "the boys" scrambling a bit. Honestly, they should forget about Caleb. He's a cypher. Frankie is the one who needs to go.

Who is Nicole talking about when she says someone is throwing competitions? Hopefully, Nicole doesn't confide in Christine because Christine will just blab.

Her kindness was perceived as being fake. I guess to them, a pretty girl, is stuck up and snobbish and she didn't fit into their idea of the stereotype.

What pissed me off at the end is she was still doing things for people, even folks like Zach and Frankie. Hayden referred to her as a maid and someone else joked about how they would miss her doing their laundry. No word of thanks that she was doing this stuff for them.

That's too bad. It sucks to be a woman sometimes, at least on this show--not pretty and you're totally irrelevant, too pretty and you must be a bitch. If you don't act like a bitch, it's even worse because you are just a fake bitch. The only way to win is to fall in a very narrow range of attractive in a non-threatening, attainable way. But you're still just a silly, stupid girl so...

Did Cody feel that way because she seemed the most hurt by him?

• Love 1

Cody and Donny just had a conversation in the hive room, and Cody was perfectly happy throwing Frankie under the bus. So that was fun.

At this point, I think the nominations are going to be boring and simple. I think Donny will negotiate with Nicole where she puts up Jacosta and he puts up Victoria, because he is adamant about looking bad if he put up Jacosta. I think she's fine with nominating Zach, and I think Donny might be leaning towards Christine as his second nom. He certainly doesn't trust her (which he shouldn't).

This week won't get interesting until the BoB is over, and there's one set of noms and one HOH. I think Nicole will do what Hayden and Christine tell her to do, and as for Donny? No freaking clue.

Zachs parents said in an interview yesterday that he knows who Ariana Grande is but only because of her TV show since he will sometimes watch within his brother.

She's actually getting pretty hot right now she has 3 songs in the top 20 right now. She will be pretty big by the end of the summer I feel. But they have all been in the house so they will be clueless haha. I actually heard her new song with Jesse J and Nicki Minaj and it was very fun and catchy. I'm guessing prolly the song of the summer.

I'm 41 years old, listen to country music as a preference and I've heard of Ariana Grande.  I have a difficult time believing anyone in that house hasn't heard of her before they were sequestered, even in passing.  Now, I might have questioned if there was a connection, but that's the way my mind works.  I would see the pattern and wonder if there was some sort of relationship.  But, I wouldn't have known for sure and Frankie probably could have pooh-pooed me off the scent because while I've heard of Ariana Grande until tonight I'd never listened to any of her songs or looked at any of her pictures/videos/performances (thanks for the YouTube links - yes, she does sound like she's reaching too hard for some of those high notes, but she's quite talented) and thus I wouldn't have noticed the resemblance. 

These people, though, prove the point several others have made.  They're cast because they're dumb and they don't pay the slightest bit of attention to the world around them, not even to bother with reading the headlines over on GoogleNews every day (which is really the main reason I've heard of Ariana Grande and not my pre-teen niece and slightly older nephew who still choose to watch Nickelodeon and Disney Channel rather than teen-targeted crap).  Frankie doesn't have to work too hard to conceal his sister's identity to these dimwits.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1

Everyone is in HOH room looking at Donny and Nicole's stuff and some people are lying on the bed, including Cody and Christine and the camera zooms in on Cody playing with Christine's hair in a VERY tender way. I'm sorry, but I do not play with any of my friend's hair like that. It was almost sexual. What is going on?!? Perhaps he should go ahead and make a visit to the wack shack, because this guy's pent up sexual energy is palpable lol.

Also, unrelated, why do you have the option to report your own post to a moderator?

So an hour from now when you decide you love Amber again and want to spend the rest of your life with her, you can report yourself for all the horrible things you said about her.

• Love 13

I definitely am outside some of the demographic checkboxes who would listen to Ariana Grande, but I still know her and her songs.

I heard a rumor somewhere that the producers told Victoria not to spill the beans on Ari and Frankie. Anyone know if there's truth to that?

In response to a few pages back...is Ariana becoming more famous because of Frankie being on Big Brother? Really? I have watched Big Brother from season 1...but the show is miniscule. It's why these idiots are always disappointed that they don't become "famous". In the grand scheme of things no one watches this show.

Ariana is THE up and coming singer right now. If anything her brother being on the show is bringing attention to the show (which of course is exactly what CBS wanted) but Frankie is irrelevant to her career.

And those of you "too cool" to check her out should. She's actually really talented and rightfully compared to Mariah Carey.

• Love 2

Took a course from the George W. Bush School of Public Speaking, did he?

I'm still surprised he gets the concept.

Edited by vb68

Ariana is THE up and coming singer right now. If anything her brother being on the show is bringing attention to the show (which of course is exactly what CBS wanted) but Frankie is irrelevant to her career.

I agree with this. Her team has been trying to make her happen for a while, and it's finally paying off in a big way. I definitely don't think I'm "too cool." LOL. Heck, I've seen more than a few episodes of Sam and Cat because I had heard so much about her and the drama going on behind the scenes that I checked it out. It wasn't a great show and that voice she did was beyond annoying, but yeah she's been around and quite popular for a while now.

I am proud to announce that so far, I have managed to not hear an Arianna Grande song or even see a glimpse of her on tv.  I'm sure at some point she will be inflicted upon me via some store's speaker system, but I probably wouldn't even know what I was hearing, so I will keep on trotting blissfully along unawares, just as I have done with Justin Bieber.  For real, I have never, to my knowledge, heard a note of any of his songs.  It's not even because I am too old for their music (I am) (and so is Frankie), it's just that I don't care to tune into what's being spit out of today's pop stations because years ago I realized most of it doesn't suit my moods. 

I am on pins and needles waiting for BBAD.  I hope Caleb is bawling his face off and wiping his nose with Amber's slippers!  If they subject me to another 2 hours of men playing pool, I will start kicking things.  Would seriously rather watch Jocasta sleeping than another second of anyone playing pool.

For a long time I had no idea what Justin Beiber sang.  I now know two songs.  I'm still confused as to how he is a heartthrob, he looks like he is 10.  There is a group called One Direction that even had a movie, I'm still not sure what they sing, and I'm totally confused as to why they are popular.  Come to think of it, I also don't know a Jonas Brothers song.  Wow...I am old!

Yeah, while her songs might be terrible, Ariana Grande is an actually talented singer (unlike someone like Miley Cyrus, who might be a fine entertainer, but her songs need to be autotuned like crazy). The annoying thing about some modern pop music is even the GOOD singers like Grande get autotuned like crazy!

An interesting nomination would be Derrick/Frankie vs. Cody/Caleb. Cody/Caleb probably wins that, no?

I think the autotune annoys me, and just the entire attitude.  It seems like back in the day, people were so happy to be stars and have status, and they felt a responsibility to their fans to at least try to act right in public.  But I see the Justin Beibers and the Miley Cyrus's of the world and I get a little annoyed, if you know your fan base was built on tweens, you can't just one day decide you want to do coke all day, yell at cops, and show up everywhere in a g-string while you twerk.  I know people have the right to express themselves, but geepers!

Despite being 34, and too "old" for that type of music I have to admit her song Problem is one of my guilty pleasures. I've heard a lot of people comparing her to Mariah Carey and I just don't hear it. I actually cringe when I hear Ariana hitting the high notes because it sounds like she's straining her voice SO bad. Mariah's mother was an opera singer so Mariah probably had some good training on how to hit high notes properly, in a way that won't injure her vocal cords.

If any of the houseguests have heard of her then I am very surprised they haven't connected the dots. Frankie refers to his sister as Ari, they know his last name is Grande. Ari Grande. Doesn't take a genius. Of all of the houseguests I would think Victoria or Zach the Belieber would be most likely to know who she was.

I'm too old for Ariane Grande's music (and I know thats judgmental having never knowingly heard any of her music, but I've heard what the disney machine outputs) however, I would submit that even when I was 15 I was probably too old for her music.  I'm one of those people that was watching the Golden Girls when I was 20, and had all the DVD's by the time I turned 25.  I'm just an old curmudgeon in a younger body. 

And those of you "too cool" to check her out should. She's actually really talented and rightfully compared to Mariah Carey.

I'm not "too cold" just too old.  If I want to listen to Mariah Carey's music, then I'll listen to Mariah Carey :)  Or even some Whitney Houston, who, IMO did it better than Mariah.  Or even some Aretha, in fact, this entire statement has made me want to listen to freeway of love.

ETA: "too cool"  I'm not "too cool" I'm also cold, but I'm still going to listen to "Freeway Of Love"

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 3
I'm one of those people that was watching the Golden Girls when I was 20, and had all the DVD's by the time I turned 25.  I'm just an old curmudgeon in a younger body. 

Heck, I was watching the Golden Girls as a kid when it originally aired and I'm STILL watching it! That show is timeless. All the Mileys, Selenas and Arianas of the world ain't got nothing on Blanche Devereaux.

• Love 7

"Too cool"? I stopped worrying about that stuff around the time my second daughter was born. She just graduated college cum laude in May, BTW. :)

I can honestly say I've never heard one of Frankie's sister's songs or seen her perform, but that's simply a matter of taste rather than age. I like lots of today's music, but my tastes run more towards Shinedown and The Black Keys than Justin Beiber and Ariana Grande.

At the end of the day (am I supposed to trademark that?), you put up four guys together, replace them with a guy when one of the guys wins  POV or wave goodbye to another girl.  The only question is whether I'm waving goodbye to Jocasta or Veronica (sp?:))

Jokers posted Donny's HOH letter from his girlfriend, Christine:

Hey DJ…..Squirrel …Zippy…..Brown Eyes….Poopy……Sweetie….my love---

Well if you are reading this you won HOH. Congratulations---you earned it and deserve it.

Everyone is doing well and they say “hey”.

Been talking to Penny, Ma and Tommy a lot. Your house, yard and chicken truck are all in good shape.

Bear and Josie miss you. (Christine’s dogs) They can’t wait for belly rubs. Woof Woof.

I’m still going to the gym a couple days each week and to the pool on weekends. But neither one is fun without you. I get bored and lonely. Watching some fireworks with the dogs this week but it’s not the same without you either.

Been going to Albamal on weekends to look at houses and to visit Ma, Daddy and Tommy. Getting some good home cooked meals too !!!

Narrowing down the list of houses for when you get back.

I miss you so much. I miss your kisses, holding your hand, your touch, your hugs and your massages with those wonderful hands. I miss snuggling with you and lying next to you. I miss the way you smell. Since you’ve been gone I have realized that there is an emptiness in my life and a void in my heart without you here. You complete me and make me whole. You mean the world to me and I don’t ever want to be without you or away from you like this again.

You are doing a great job there. Keep it up. We are all very proud of you. Stay strong and positive. Sending heart hugs, prayers and lots of love your way.

God be with you. I love you so much. Thank you for loving me.

Love always your biggest fan

Christine

*sniffles* I hope Donny wins this whole damn thing. He's the only houseguest I can stomach, and he geniunely seems like a good guy.

• Love 9

OMG. Caleb is giving the banana speech to Amber in the Beehive Room. Amber said "That's the worst banana speech I've ever heard" as Caleb talks about how bananas have different textures and insides, and Donny tastes differently from Caleb, and how bananas bruise, and this banana has some tattoos, but inside is perfect and white, and I wish I was fucking kidding. 

Caleb is now saying to Derrick that Amber hated his banana speech, that she needs to get to know the banana. I'm dying.

I can not believe they didn't put this on the show! Where the hell else are you gonna see something that batshit cray?

Everyone is in HOH room looking at Donny and Nicole's stuff and some people are lying on the bed, including Cody and Christine and the camera zooms in on Cody playing with Christine's hair in a VERY tender way. I'm sorry, but I do not play with any of my friend's hair like that. It was almost sexual. What is going on?!? Perhaps he should go ahead and make a visit to the wack shack, because this guy's pent up sexual energy is palpable lol.

I saw this and was amazed and repulsed. It's wrong on several levels; A.) She's married, B.) It's Christine, come on. I'm beginning to think Cody has some sort of OCD where he can't help but touch people. How terrible for him.

• Love 3

Since they are all so concerned about how they are perceived, I wonder who will bring up the multiple large cheers Amber received. That has got to be bothering them.

I can not believe they didn't put this on the show! Where the hell else are you gonna see something that batshit cray?

I was super suprised they did not show it. I had been building it up to my friend all day. When I realized they weren't going to show it, I resorted to just reading him the transcript. My favorite part  was how the Chiquita sticker on the banana was supposed to represent its tattoos. You seriously can't make this stuff up.

• Love 3

Jokers posted Donny's HOH letter from his girlfriend, Christine:

Hey DJ…..Squirrel …Zippy…..Brown Eyes….Poopy……Sweetie….my love---

Well if you are reading this you won HOH. Congratulations---you earned it and deserve it.

Everyone is doing well and they say “hey”.

Been talking to Penny, Ma and Tommy a lot. Your house, yard and chicken truck are all in good shape.

Bear and Josie miss you. (Christine’s dogs) They can’t wait for belly rubs. Woof Woof.

I’m still going to the gym a couple days each week and to the pool on weekends. But neither one is fun without you. I get bored and lonely. Watching some fireworks with the dogs this week but it’s not the same without you either.

Been going to Albamal on weekends to look at houses and to visit Ma, Daddy and Tommy. Getting some good home cooked meals too !!!

Narrowing down the list of houses for when you get back.

I miss you so much. I miss your kisses, holding your hand, your touch, your hugs and your massages with those wonderful hands. I miss snuggling with you and lying next to you. I miss the way you smell. Since you’ve been gone I have realized that there is an emptiness in my life and a void in my heart without you here. You complete me and make me whole. You mean the world to me and I don’t ever want to be without you or away from you like this again.

You are doing a great job there. Keep it up. We are all very proud of you. Stay strong and positive. Sending heart hugs, prayers and lots of love your way.

God be with you. I love you so much. Thank you for loving me.

Love always your biggest fan

Christine

*sniffles* I hope Donny wins this whole damn thing. He's the only houseguest I can stomach, and he geniunely seems like a good guy.

A very sweet letter, a little Norman Rockwell, but very sweet and charming.  although I notice she didn't say she misses the beard, which supports someones theory that the beard was a recent development to get him cast and play into the "country bumpkin" role.

Heck, I was watching the Golden Girls as a kid when it originally aired and I'm STILL watching it! That show is timeless. All the Mileys, Selenas and Arianas of the world ain't got nothing on Blanche Devereaux.

I watched it when it first aired too!  LMAO @ "ain't got nothing on Blanche Devereaux"  She was a cougar before that was even a thing.

People used to say "Golden Girls is Sex and the City for old people" and I would always say "oh no, Sex and the City is Golden Girls for younger people!"

"Too cool"? I stopped worrying about that stuff around the time my second daughter was born. She just graduated college cum laude in May, BTW. :)

I can honestly say I've never heard one of Frankie's sister's songs or seen her perform, but that's simply a matter of taste rather than age. I like lots of today's music, but my tastes run more towards Shinedown and The Black Keys than Justin Beiber and Ariana Grande.

Congratulations on your daughters accomplishments!  Cum laude is no joke!  Now is the time to impress upon her that she will need to care for you when she makes her first million.  :)

I'm one of the most uncool people I know, my brother in law, who is about 4 years older than me had to actually tell me what songs Bruno Mars sings, because I had no idea.  Well, he actually sang a medley, it was painful, but I learned.

• Love 2

A very sweet letter, a little Norman Rockwell, but very sweet and charming.  although I notice she didn't say she misses the beard, which supports someones theory that the beard was a recent development to get him cast and play into the "country bumpkin" role.

I could be entirely mistaken - but back when the season first started, I seem to recall hearing he'd grown it out just to see how it would look. He'd originally wanted to shave it off before he went into the House, but Production talked him out of it.

Along that same vein:

I also seem to recall hearing a few seasons back about a HG getting cut or almost getting cut from the show before the season even started because they'd gotten a haircut or hair styling which was a radical departure from the look they'd had when they went through the interview process. Something about a clause in their contract which, once the contract is signed, prohibits any significant changes in appearance without prior CBS approval. That ring a bell with anyone else?

how much do you want to bet Caleb is thinking about coming out with a line of tee shirts with "Beast Mode Cowboy" on them.

Hadn't BMBB already said something about that back around Week 2 or 3? I seem to recall a conversation during a game of pool where he mentioned that very thing.

• Love 1

I could be entirely mistaken - but back when the season first started, I seem to recall hearing he'd grown it out just to see how it would look. He'd originally wanted to shave it off before he went into the House, but Production talked him out of it.

Along that same vein:

I also seem to recall hearing a few seasons back about a HG getting cut or almost getting cut from the show before the season even started because they'd gotten a haircut or hair styling which was a radical departure from the look they'd had when they went through the interview process. Something about a clause in their contract which, once the contract is signed, prohibits any significant changes in appearance without prior CBS approval. That ring a bell with anyone else?

You're probably right.  That makes a lot of sense actually, I'm sure Production already had him cast in his "role" and the beard was a perfect fit.  I could also see them having a contract that would allow them to cut you, because I think they all have "roles"  I remember Julie Chen's interview on David Letterman where she said something to the effect of production having cast Aaryan as "America's Sweetheart" and were shocked when all her racism came shining through (background checks CBS!  its a thing!  or just talk to a few of her fellow Klansmen....I mean friends....)

Hadn't BMBB already said something about that back around Week 2 or 3? I seem to recall a conversation during a game of pool where he mentioned that very thing.

OMG!  He is too much, I'm sure he is convinced America loves him and people around the country are calling themselves "Beast Mode Cowboy"

Someone needs to trademark "Beast Mode Bunny Boiler" and sell those tee shirts....I would buy one just so Caleb would know they were selling

Yep, I remember pretty early on a discussion around the pool table about BMCB shirts.   I think it was Zach that said someone out there has probably already had a bunch made up, and when Caleb was all, "Ya think so?" you could practically watch his ego swelling as the poor, exhausted gerbil in his head tried to turn that rusty wheel so he could think more thoughts about what Beast Mode's fans were out there doing to celebrate him. 

I don't like Zach as a person, but I do LOVE the way he winds up Caleb like a little toy just to watch him go.  He's great at throwing huge, OTT compliments at him with a straight face just to encourage Caleb to brag some more or do something stupid.  And when Caleb tells one of his hundreds of stories of awesomeness, Zach will egg him on with stuff like, "Dude, that's SICK!" which Caleb just soaks up like sunshine. 

I watched Donny and Nicole get their HoH stuff, and there was a photo of Nicole with her best friend Mariah, who is apparently very attractive based on everyone's reactions.  Caleb instantly started talking about Mariah, then said "she needs to know me" (because to know Caleb is to love him), and after he had made a handful of comments about Mariah that everyone in the room completely ignored, Nicole said something about how Mariah was probably at home saying, "Nicole, you're an idiot for not trying to hook up with Cody" but since she didn't, that means she can introduce Cody to Mariah, which I'm sure chapped Caleb's ass so hard.  Caleb asked what kind of guys Mariah likes and Nicole said she's into athletes, and he said, "Well, then she's into me."  UH OH.  Mariah...run.  You in danger, girl. 

I noticed that zoom-in of Cody rubbing Christine's hair/head, too, and it was WAY too familiar.  Last night she was stroking and petting his arm and when she got to his hand they did this thing with their fingers that felt icky and intimate to me, too.   I really like the theory that Cody has a condition that compels him to touch people, almost like a tactile form of Tourette Syndrome!

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 5