Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I think the problem is that in Derrick's mind this is a big move he can sell to the jury.  To Frankie it didn't really change his game in any way. So although it went as planned its not going to have the impact Derrick was looking for.  It didn't hurt him either.  Shrug.

Hard to tell.  If Frankie has the chance to take someone with him to F2, this could be the thing that tips him toward Derrick.  It is too early to tell.  How the votes go if Derrick is on the block will be the proof if this worked or not.  

Thanks wings707. I shall google Dan to see what comes up. I'm kind've 'new' to the internetz. Well, maybe not so much 'new' as inexperienced.

ETA: YAY! How refreshing! Dan DOES still teach. Nice. I've always been partial to him. *ducks*

Edited by housecat
  • Love 2

Hard to tell.  If Frankie has the chance to take someone with him to F2, this could be the thing that tips him toward Derrick.  It is too early to tell.  How the votes go if Derrick is on the block will be the proof if this worked or not.  

I think it either gets Derrick to F2 or out next.

Victoria says, "That's like Caleb choosing Derrick over you. You'd be shocked." Frankie says, "No way. Caleb would choose Derrick because Derrick will lose against any of us."

Frankie will either work to get Derrick out to preempt anyone else from choosing the weak player (Derrick) over him or he'll want to take Derrick F2.  I can never figure out which with this bunch.

• Love 1

Thanks wings707. I shall google Dan to see what comes up. I'm kind've 'new' to the internetz. Well, maybe not so much 'new' as inexperienced.

ETA: YAY! How refreshing! Dan DOES still teach. Nice. I've always been partial to him. *ducks*

I like Dan.  He is one of the great players in BB history.  He has written a book, too.  

I think it either gets Derrick to F2 or out next.

Frankie will either work to get Derrick out to preempt anyone else from choosing the weak player (Derrick) over him or he'll want to take Derrick F2.  I can never figure out which with this bunch.

I hadn't thought of that but it is a real possibility.  He wants to be the obnoxious odd ball that could not possibly win.  

• Love 1

He has written a book, too.

This, at least, I was aware of.

Dan seems like such a nice guy. So does Derrick.

I'm certainly not missing the racist and violent comments from last year. I'll take boring over that, ANY day.

• Love 6

CBS seems to be giving Frankie wayyyyyyy too much TV time with all his DR sessions. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the dog since I don't get the live feeds. Thanks again for all of you that do, for a wonderful job keeping the rest of us up to date. It's very appreciated!  <3

• Love 4

Thanks again for all of you that do, for a wonderful job keeping the rest of us up to date. It's very appreciated!  <3

Word.

They're reallllllyyyy reaching in these shows. What a snoozefest.

Why wouldn't Derrick and Cody talk to Frankie about backdooring Caleb?? It seems logical to me. What am I missing?

Frankie and Caleb have grown really close, despite Caleb's admission that he thought about backdooring Frankie.  They're a pretty tight two-man alliance at this point, and I'm guessing Derrick and Cody would rather blindside them than try to "turn" either of them.  Especially with the buh-en, and them thinking it's probably some kind of reset - no reason to stir up trouble that likely has no reward.  And, I think they thought that Frankie wouldn't even entertain the idea of backdooring Caleb.  

From Jokers

8:01 PM Earlier in BR HGs were talking about their catch phrases. Caleb is SURE he says "Hearrrrd that" a lot but no one agrees. Derr says his are "At the end of the day" and "Simple." They joke about getting tattoos. Caleb asks Derrick to back him up that he says "hearrrd that."

Ok so Derrick is at least aware of how much he says that. I did chuckle at that.

• Love 1

Some of the catch phrases have been used so much by everyone that I don't even know who to blame for bringing them into the house to begin with.

I thought Devin was at fault for constantly saying "a hundred percent", but it could have been any of them for as much as they all say it.

I thought "at the end of the day" and "simple / simple as that" were Caleb's, wouldn't have thought those were Derrick's.

Cody is the worst offender when it comes to using and misusing "literally", but I even heard some of the women saying it after a while.

I know Zach wants "Zach Attack" to happen, and good luck with that, I guess, but it doesn't amuse me.  However, the whole concept of any of these people having T-shirts out there to represent them, and the idea that anyone other than themselves and their own family members would buy them is hilarious to me.  I always wonder, "Who buys those???" every year when Survivor advertises that you can buy buffs from the season, but at least that show has a legitimate following, even if I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a buff out in public to represent my favorite tribe.

Nicole's would be "Bo-uhhhhht...", she said it all the time, but I've noticed Cody and Derrick now say "but" a lot and pronounce it that way, so I'm not sure if she rubbed off on them or if that is also how they say it.

PS:  I can't really remember Caleb ever saying "Hearrrrrd that!" at all, much less enough to be considered his catch phrase, either.  And if I haven't already complained about it, then it probably didn't happen.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 2

I thought "at the end of the day" and "simple / simple as that" were Caleb's, wouldn't have thought those were Derrick's.

Derrick was saying to Caleb that those were Caleb's catchphrases, not Derricks. :)

Yeah I don't think I've ever heard Caleb say "Hearrrd That" lol

Some of the catch phrases have been used so much by everyone that I don't even know who to blame for bringing them into the house to begin with.

I thought Devin was at fault for constantly saying "a hundred percent", but it could have been any of them for as much as they all say it.

Cody is the worst offender when it comes to using and misusing "literally", but I even heard some of the women saying it after a while.

I know Zach wants "Zach Attack" to happen, and good luck with that, I guess, but it doesn't amuse me.  However, the whole concept of any of these people having T-shirts out there to represent them, and the idea that anyone other than themselves and their own family members would buy them is hilarious to me.  I always wonder, "Who buys those???" every year when Survivor advertises that you can buy buffs from the season, but at least that show has a legitimate following, even if I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a buff out in public to represent my favorite tribe.

I seriously wonder that too.  I mean I know I love my reality TV, but why in the world would I want to wear a shirt about some dude who played BB16?  Do they really think they are that big in the world?  I mean, I might wear a Prince tee-shirt, but saying I love Prince to the world is saying something about me.  What is it saying about me that I'm so invested in a guy with no talent other than yelling at people, being mean in goodbye messages, and being part of a gay showmance?  I wouldn't wear a Donny shirt either.  But a lot of reality stars get a catchphrase and put it on a shirt and I'm never sure who buys it because frankly if you're that into the phrase, just make your own shirt, you can't lay claim to a phrase!  And I'm still wondering who is not only buying, but wearing these tee shirts. 

• Love 2

Completely off-topic and it's not that I don't love hanging out with you all. BUT, due to me spending all my Internet time at work today in this forum, I didn't check my email at all until about an hour ago. Only to discover that I am apparently the only U2 fan on the planet who didn't know that they completely surprised us all by releasing the new album on iTunes today. Even more embarrassing is that I'm a member of the all-volunteer staff on the largest U2 fan site! We've been very impatiently waiting for it since the last one (which sucked) came out five years ago and have gotten nothing but vague possible years/months it would be released.

Just wanted y'all not to miss me too much tonight because once it's downloaded I won't be doing anything except listening and squeeing! I know you'll be crying yourself to sleep over my absence. Just like you'll do when Frankie gets evicted. Oh, wait.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 9

I hadn't thought of that but it is a real possibility.  He wants to be the obnoxious odd ball that could not possibly win.  

I certainly hope that's what Derrick wants - he's been peddling that story to Cody/Caleb/Frankie for the last two weeks.  :)

Caleb's catch phrase?  Easy.  "It is what it is."  I can't believe he's not owning it.

Zach mom is so dumb i can't beleive this broad said being on big brother was her son's biggest accomplishment lmaooooo

i would jump off a cliff if my biggest accomplishment in life was being on a shitty realtity show that should have been canceled ages ago. Zach is lame and a cornball with his tired ass phrases . He wouldn't ugh I wish D have the balls to pull half the stunts he pulled on the realith shows were the contestants actually are allowed to fight

Edited by teezy

Word.

They're reallllllyyyy reaching in these shows. What a snoozefest.

Why wouldn't Derrick and Cody talk to Frankie about backdooring Caleb?? It seems logical to me. What am I missing?

SERIOUSLY all they do is cuddle which is weird

I have alot of straight friends and majority of them wouldnt be caught dead cuddling with a man let along a gay one. Something aint right in the water at the big brother house

Frankie gets more dick than Brittany,Amber and me combined and he has the face of 40+ year old man.   As image obessed as frankie is im surprised he hasn't went under the knife.  Lord knows he has a face only a mother and a blind man like Zach could love.

Am i the only one who never believed Zach was a heterosexual man ???

• Love 1

To me, Devin's woud be "Deny, deny, deny." I cracked up every time he held some sort of alliance meeting and his advice was always "deny, deny, deny" that they were all aligned. Especially funny when he had ALL of the alliance up in the HOH room that week when he took Brittany off the block. Just deny, deny, deny the fact that eight people talking in secret in a room with no one else invited are in an alliance. Okay, then.

• Love 4

Just have to say:

Overall I think Victoria's a sweet girl.  I really really do.  Many times, however, when I see her trying to "strategerize", I am reminded of one of my favorite TV quotes of all time:

"Hey, look.  It's trying to think."

-- FBI Agent Albert Rosenfield, Twin Peaks

• Love 9

"Frankie "Anybody who makes an opinion about anything is hated" They keep discussing the Aaryn fiasco from last year with -

FISH coming on and off. Frankie "That whole situation was very bad, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. He's giving everyone a pep talk just in case they get boo'ed and says that they were all prepped for this before the game started.

Tue 8:21 PM BBT Frankie says there is no such thing as bad press. He says "Look at Aaryn, she's fine now".

Tue 8:17 PM BBT Frankie telling the Hgs his exit speech strategy if he was to get boo'd when voted out. He plans to act like it was a night on broadway."

Keep telling yourself that frankie. So Frankie was booed on Broadway.? I have seen A LOT of Broadway and off-Broadway shows and I can honestly say I have never seen anyone boo'd. Walked out? Yep. boo'd? never

Also,

"Tue 9:04 PM BBT Cody says he had to tell Britney to stop saying the "R" word because its offensive. He told her to stop saying something else but he didn't say what it was. Derrick goes back up to the HoH room and tells them that its 12:01 and TVGN is on. They are glad that the convo that they all just had was not on TVGN."

Cody just went up a few points in my book

Edited by brdwygurl
  • Love 5

Completely off-topic and it's not that I don't love hanging out with you all. BUT, due to me spending all my Internet time at work today in this forum, I didn't check my email at all until about an hour ago. Only to discover that I am apparently the only U2 fan on the planet who didn't know that they completely surprised us all by releasing the new album on iTunes today. Even more embarrassing is that I'm a member of the all-volunteer staff on the largest U2 fan site! We've been very impatiently waiting for it since the last one (which sucked) came out five years ago and have gotten nothing but vague possible years/months it would be released.

Just wanted y'all not to miss me too much tonight because once it's downloaded I won't be doing anything except listening and squeeing! I know you'll be crying yourself to sleep over my absence. Just like you'll do when Frankie gets evicted. Oh, wait.

I think Bono had a brief guest spot on 30 Rock.  Its must see TV if you're a U2 fan.  I once had a college professor who used "Bloody Sunday" as part of a lessson plan.  Professor Peacock.....and no, I'm not making that name up.

"Frankie "Anybody who makes an opinion about anything is hated" They keep discussing the Aaryn fiasco from last year with -

FISH coming on and off. Frankie "That whole situation was very bad, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. He's giving everyone a pep talk just in case they get boo'ed and says that they were all prepped for this before the game started.

Tue 8:21 PM BBT Frankie says there is no such thing as bad press. He says "Look at Aaryn, she's fine now".

Tue 8:17 PM BBT Frankie telling the Hgs his exit speech strategy if he was to get boo'd when voted out. He plans to act like it was a night on broadway."

Is she?  I wonder how many modelling gigs or acting jobs she is currently booking?

I hate that what Aaryn said has been characterized as simply "making an opinion" whatever the fuck that means

• Love 3

My understanding is that Aaryn got engaged recently, and seems quite happy.  She'll have to live with what she has to live with, as do we all, but I'm not sure, even with what she did, that means she can't find (or doesn't deserve) happiness in her life.

And, again...nothing happening in the house.  I'm out as well.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Even with a new HOH tonight nothing will change.  Victoria is the target, finally. They will draw Skittles or something to determine the pawn.  I don't anticipate a blind side as delicious as that would be.  sigh 

My understanding is that Aaryn got engaged recently, and seems quite happy.  She'll have to live with what she has to live with, as do we all, but I'm not sure, even with what she did, that means she can't find (or doesn't deserve) happiness in her life.

And, again...nothing happening in the house.  I'm out as well.

I don't think she deserves happiness.  I don't care how old you are, or how racist your state or parents are, the way she behaved towards Candace was mentally abusive.  I'm sure she is engaged to someone just like her, and they will make racist babies, or if Darwin is right she will just walk off a cliff or be barren.

And I realize that everyone makes mistakes, and most people say things they regret later, but she never regretted a word until she realized that no one liked her or thought her "Sheniqua" impressions were very funny.  

It's nothing against anyone, I just hate the sort of "shrugging shoulders" attitude people seem to have about the things she did in the house. Instead of a person who made racist comments she is now just someone who "made an opinion."  I'm all about live and let live, but I think everyone should and does have a line.  I guess the way she behaved in the house crossed my line, so if she ever crosses my mind (and its normally only when I read about her on these boards) I wish her nothing but unhappiness in her life.

And now, I'm gonna have an Oreo ice cream cookie to celebrate black and white mixing to make something delicious.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 21

Regarding the question about President Obama's speech affecting tonight's programming:  Big Brother is on from 8-9 (eastern), all 9:00 and after shows start 15 minutes late.  Hell's Kitchen is on from 8-10:15 (I presume they will break in at 9 and then just continue)

Edited by duskyliterati

Tue 8:21 PM BBT Frankie says there is no such thing as bad press.

I do believe he can act that part.  He may not show his sorrow then or in interviews but it will hurt deeply.  He has said, many times, he wants to be liked and would be devastated if booed.  You can ignore bad press, sure, but only if there is good press to balance it.  

Most everyone survives the negative feedback from being on a reality show, unscathed.  If you are trying to be an actor or in the media it may be the kiss of death to your "career."  That is in quotes for Frankie; I don't think he has one.

As for Aaryn, she is back surrounded by people who were not bothered by her bigotry.  They are not hard to find, unfortunately.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

This may be a very unpopular opinion but after sleeping on it, I've come to the conclusion I don't want Derrick to win. There's just something about his game play that doesn't sit right with me. After Derrick manipulating Nicole into apologizing to him and this "plan" he concocted for Victoria, I need him taken down. I don't want Cody to win either because all he's done is whine and complain and ride Derrick's coat tails.

I would be ok with a Frankie, Caleb and Victoria F3 and one of those taking the win at this point. As much as Frankie is not liked, he's played this game and has the wins to prove it. Frankie has really been the only one capable of challenging Derrick's game this season. A couple others saw through Derrick but couldn't do anything about it or save themselves like Frankie has. If it weren't for this rewind, there would be no doubt to me that Frankie would advance to F2 and I want him to though it's a long shot at this point. I don't think I can stomach watching Derrick mind fuck his way to win.

• Love 8

I don't want Frankie to win because I don't want to see his pompous ass to think he's the king of Big Brother. If he won and fell off the face of the earth like Maggie, fine, but I see him forcing himself into the spotlight more if he won.  He needs to take it down a few notches and the only way he would do that (I think) is to get booted out of Big Brother soon or up against any of the others in F2 and losing.   I DO NOT want to see him win.

• Love 10

I don't want Frankie to win because I don't want to see his pompous ass to think he's the king of Big Brother.

Yea, this. But this is also a big reason why I don't want Derrick to win.

The only people I wouldn't hate to see win are probably Cody and Victoria. They're the two worst players left, so it'd be funny, plus I generally like them as people, which I can't say for the other 3.

Does anyone think there will be some angry people when Derrick is revealed as a cop?  He did say to Frankie when his big news came out about Ari that they were all being truthful about their lives.  

I doubt any of them will even remember all of Derrick guilt trips and shit. But I imagine when they go back and rewatch they'll be slightly ragey over it. I know I would be.

• Love 2

Nicole's mom and Victoria's mom were on blogtalkradio. Nicole's mom is so scared Nicole is going to vote for Derrick to win. Her mom hates Derrick.

Victoria's mom hates Frankie. She called Production out, she said she wanted to include Victoria's dad/brother in the video message but she was told they could only have 1 family member so she was very upset when she saw Frankie got to have 3.

Petition to replace the current HGs with Nicole's mom, Victoria's mom, and Izzy!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12

Nicole's mom and Victoria's mom were on blogtalkradio. Nicole's mom is so scared Nicole is going to vote for Derrick to win. Her mom hates Derrick.

Victoria's mom hates Frankie. She called Production out, she said she wanted to include Victoria's dad/brother in the video message but she was told they could only have 1 family member so she was very upset when she saw Frankie got to have 3.

Petition to replace the current HGs with Nicole's mom, Victoria's mom, and Izzy!

I wanted to listen to this but I can't seem to find it. Did they say anything else interesting?

I think people in the house were talking about how unfair it was that Frankie got 3 people in his video. They didn't care about Derrick I guess because they showed his wife AND daughter, I'm assuming if anyone else had kids they would of showed them as well. But to be told by production no and then they let Frankie's family do it. I would be pissed as well.

I get why Nicole's mom is pissed at Derrick, he did totally mindfuck her. But that's the game unfortunately. She will be voting for him I'm sure.

• Love 1

I love it that the moms are so passionate.

I doubt that Aaryn is happy. She struck me as a miserable person who got thrills from being cruel to others. Those people may have happy events in life, but are never truly happy with themselves or others. Even Frankie for all his groping and dislike of females, doesn't approach the awfulness of last year. I completely agree that this boring group is better than the awful group last year (with a few notable exceptions)

In my book, love of dogs or animals in general is not a sign of good character. Some gruesome individuals in history have loved animals. I grant you that it is better than being cruel to animals. I don't have a problem with Derrick being more aloof. I don't like to smoother strange animals with affection. I let them come to me when they are ready. At that point, we can begin a relationship. I don't like animals as cuddle toys or accessories.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 2
I would be ok with a Frankie, Caleb and Victoria F3 and one of those taking the win at this point.

I personally can't get behind this final 3 mostly because of Frankie. I'd rather Frankie get to final 3 and be the last evicted. That way, he gets no more money, he's not in jury with others (Zach, especially. I feel bad because the boy has no idea how cruel Frankie really was toward him) and he just loses out. That would be fine with me. But Victoria/Caleb? I don't particularly want them to win, but it would be better than Whiney Cody. I do want Derrick to win because he has been playing the game. I don't particularly love his game play, but it's been fairly successful and hey, if Andy got to win last season for being a rat, then Derrick should win for being a manipulative game player. He's manipulated every single person, controlled every single vote since week 2 and he somehow hasn't been caught, or at the very least targeted or considered being targeted. Then again, these houseguests are dumb so it's not hard. I'd rather him the win than Frankie or Cody or even Caleb. Victoria may be the next up to win for me, because she has done a good job having others carry her to the end and she did win comps at the beginning so she's not like Spencer from last season or Enzo from BB12, who barely won competitions.

Sort of ish on topic.  This in reference to the article on Ariana Grande stating she has rules about what interviewers can ask. 

Just heard this. Talk shows love Jennifer Lopez.  They can ask her anything, no topics are off limits and she makes no requests for special foods in the green room. No wonder she is loved and respected by those in show business.    

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I was about to come here and say how Derrick really needs to make a big move, or he's not going to have much of a case in front of the jury (other than "I'm a nice guy and also have a daughter who needs to eat") sitting next to anybody but Victoria. However, looking at prior seasons, Maggie only won one HoH and one Veto. She did, however, get nominated three times. I don't remember her argument to the jury, but Derrick might.

The difference between her game and Derrick's however, is she seemed to own her role as "leader," whereas Derrick has done everything in his power to make it seem like he's not a leader. He's actually appeared to play the quintessential "under the radar player" game. But if Victoria goes, he has to know he'll be sitting next to someone -- if it's not him -- who got Caleb, Cody or Frankie out: three pretty big targets with superficially more impressive resumes. Therefore, I have to think he's going to be playing the same personal game card that he's played all summer: "I was nice to you and also I have a daughter." I honestly don't know what else he could claim to have done that anyone not named Victoria sitting next to him couldn't claim, and then some. I still think he himself needs to make a "big move" sometime in the next two weeks or his resume is looking awfully thin. "I totally controlled all of you, but you didn't even know it!" isn't exactly the best jury speech. Holla!

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 3

I'm all for anyone but Frankie for the win.  I just want to see his ego deflated by not only losing, but by seeing how disliked he is.  If he does win, he'll probably be just like Andy; all over Twitter trying to convince everyone on a daily basis just how awesome he is.  Ugg!

• Love 6

Somebody over at another forum heard the reason Christine got booed was her behavior with Cody, not any of the other nasty crap she did, so I am starting to think. Frankie is going to get applauded, he will never be brought down a few pegs. Ayran was totally protected from horrible audience reaction because the studio was filled with CBS people. I did read she got plenty of boos anyway, but good Lord, never enough as far as I heard, and nothing like Christine. Last night on BBAD (and I could only stand so much of the Frankie show), these houseguests were really coming off as paranoid, appolazizing ahead of time for things they might of said to offend anyone, or anything. That Christine booing really got to these guys.