Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Drinking Buddy

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Why is this episode called Drinking Buddy?  I didn't see Buddy drinking.  I did see Whitney drinking though.  

I think it was because Buddy was hinting to Whitney at recently feeling like having a drink.

• Love 2

Maybe it's the guest room?

My thoughts exactly. Even if it originally was a master bedroom perhaps they had built a very upscale master suite upstairs which I wouldn't blame them for being reluctant to leave. With two adult children who don't seem to have been successfully launched I can see Glenn and Babs keeping the house as a future domicile for Hunter and Whitney.

• Love 4

Todd was uncharacteristically subdued during the "party".  I thought Heather was adorably tipsy when she was talking about Buddy to Ryan.  Both of them seem to have no interest in being there and Whitney paid them little attention.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

My thoughts exactly. Even if it originally was a master bedroom perhaps they had built a very upscale master suite upstairs which I wouldn't blame them for being reluctant to leave. With two adult children who don't seem to have been successfully launched I can see Glenn and Babs keeping the house as a future domicile for Hunter and Whitney.

I'm assuming Whitney is already parking herself with them any time she wants to overnight in Greensboro. Unless the whole "Whitney has to rent out her house to a local disc jockey and his girlfriend, so Buddy must leave" imbroglio was just part of the script.

• Love 4

I'm assuming Whitney is already parking herself with them any time she wants to overnight in Greensboro.

Even more reason to reserve the downstairs bedroom for the person who is most likely to have difficulty negotiating stairs.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Genuine question - not snark - why? I know a lot of people who refuse them and I don't get it. If you never need their services, you will never interact with them and if you do need them you're probably going to be pretty grateful they were just a push button away.

My mom had a friend who was in her 80's - lived alone in a single family home - and fell. She was on the floor, best they can figure, at least a day and half before someone found her. She had died, all alone there. That sounds horrific to me but something that could happen so easily. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend their last hours like that and (even though it's not about me or my needs), it would haunt me the rest of my days to know that my mother died slowly and painfully waiting for someone to find her, especially when a simple tool existed that could prevent it. And God help whoever comes in and finds you - that's got to be a terrible image that stays with you forever.

Help me understand...

I flat out refuse as well. I am not wearing something that represents a future health scare that may or may not happen. I'm not making that a part of my physical identity. I have a wallet with information about my conditions and I now have a cell phone to call someone if I need them. My rare disease has affected every single part of my life-I refuse to wear something that reminds me of it even further.

To be honest, I live an hour away from the nearest hospital. Average age for someone with my conditions is 42 and there are no cures. I turn 40 in 2 weeks. Life alert or not, if my thoracic aneurysm or brain aneurysm ruptures (they are inoperable) or I have a massive heart attack at home I'm not going to live through it anyway. I wouldn't get anywhere I'd need to be in time. The only reason we made it to the hospital last time is because I just happened to be out in town taking my son to chemotherapy when it happened. My husband and kids understand how I feel and they support me.

I don't expect anyone to agree, but I do think it's a personal decision and I would respect someone's desire to do it or not. There are many things my mom does that I don't like, but she's still an autonomous adult and I treat her as such.

• Love 19

Maybe Babs and Glen don't like the downstairs bedroom. Maybe it's haunted. Maybe it has a bad view or it smells like microwaved soup whenever it rains. Maybe, like I would be, they're resistant to it simply because their not-in-any-better-health daughter is trying to "put" them in it like they're spare luggage.

Or maybe they already sleep in that bedroom and the whole thing was just made up for a storyline to make their infantile bully of a daughter appear "caring."

We're getting all this through Whitney's filter and she is not a reliable narrator.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I flat out refuse as well. I am not wearing something that represents a future health scare that may or may not happen. I'm not making that a part of my physical identity. I have a wallet with information about my conditions and I now have a cell phone to call someone if I need them. My rare disease has affected every single part of my life-I refuse to wear something that reminds me of it even further.

To be honest, I live an hour away from the nearest hospital. Average age for someone with my conditions is 42 and there are no cures. I turn 40 in 2 weeks. Life alert or not, if my thoracic aneurysm or brain aneurysm ruptures (they are inoperable) or I have a massive heart attack at home I'm not going to live through it anyway. I wouldn't get anywhere I'd need to be in time. The only reason we made it to the hospital last time is because I just happened to be out in town taking my son to chemotherapy when it happened. My husband and kids understand how I feel and they support me.

I don't expect anyone to agree, but I do think it's a personal decision and I would respect someone's desire to do it or not. There are many things my mom does that I don't like, but she's still an autonomous adult and I treat her as such.

That helps me understand a little better. Thank you.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I am so sorry to hear that.  Your reasoning for not wanting a Life Alert makes sense.  Hope you are feeling well. 

• Love 9

Not one sarcastic remark from Todd? 😭  That would have pepped up this episode of "As the Stomach Flops". The writers/editors did horribly this time. I almost fell asleep on the couch this episode--the scenes were too serious or boring.

And Heather, stop fiddling with your hair!

• Love 6

I feel badly for Heather because she seemed so incredibly  uncomfortable at that party.  If she had any interest in Ryan that shipped sailed when she talked about being home in her PJ’s watching TV; barely responded to his conversation and then proudly announced  that “ Buddy was MY boyfriend” which brought her way down in Ryan’s eyes and also gave him a convenient out not to pretend their make out session was any more than his trying to get more screen time.  

• Love 8

I could see it now. An episode or two or three from now. Babs  misses the bottom step thus stubbing her toe and messing up her newly pedicured toe from their Mother/Daughter Mani/Pedi session sending Whitney into a tailspin.

At this point, their is no turning back. Her parents MUST move downstairs, therefore leaving the whole upstairs available for Buddy, so not only will he be able to move back to Greensboro, but will probably be able to wangle some kind of income from the government because not only are both of the parents of age to collect Social Security, but heck they need a home care attendant to watch them at least part time to make sure they are not a danger to themselves or those darn steps that seem out to get them

Now with Buddy at the house, Whitney doesn’t have to feel guilty to go out or on vacation nor does she have to throw anyone under the bus when she misses one of Buddy’s comedy (?) shows.

Just a thought.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, AvoidinDaChubRub said:

Not one sarcastic remark from Todd? 😭  That would have pepped up this episode of "As the Stomach Flops". The writers/editors did horribly this time. I almost fell asleep on the couch this episode--the scenes were too serious or boring.

And Heather, stop fiddling with your hair!

Because they added Ryan and Chase to the "cast", they have to cut payroll elsewhere.  I miss Todd's snark a lot. 😥  Yeh, we have Ryan pushing back against Whitney's behavior, but it's for his own mercenary business goals- nobsactive and the mbffl paycheck.  Todd's snark is more from the heart, lol 

Agree with others - the whole bit about moving the parents to the first floor was likely scripted.  And badly performed, I might say.  

Edited by Cache
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cache said:

Because they added Ryan and Chase to the "cast", they have to cut payroll elsewhere.  I miss Todd's snark a lot. 😥 

Also maybe Todd has a life? If I remember correctly for at least a few seasons Todd was living full time in NYC and flying back to be part of the show, even though they were heavily implying he lived locally and had been a constant presence in Whit's life.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 2/19/2020 at 10:56 PM, Elizzikra said:

Genuine question - not snark - why? I know a lot of people who refuse them and I don't get it. If you never need their services, you will never interact with them and if you do need them you're probably going to be pretty grateful they were just a push button away.

Help me understand...

It's like giving up your driver's license, an acknowledgement that you're no longer independent. It doesn't happen only with older people; young and middle aged people who have lost function due to an illness or accident can be just as resistant. And unlike, say, a walker, it's not something with an immediate benefit. It sits there doing nothing except announcing your decline.

I'm pretty sure Glen and Babs aren't ready for a personal emergency response system. When he fell, Glen was on his way upstairs with a salad in one hand and a drink in the other. That means he's not worried about his balance or dizziness or passing out. Unless his doc finds a condition that puts him at risk, he's fine with stairs. I don't believe Babs is isolated in the house all day. I suspect she talks with friends or relatives on the phone every day and that Glen calls her during the day, too. It's possible she's doing all the cooking and cleaning, but I doubt it. I think there's hired help in the house at least a couple of days a week. Plus her cell phone likely works with voice commands, so she wouldn't even need to push a button. Time for a PERS? No. Time for some silly drama? You betcha.

• Love 6
On 2/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, Passing Strange said:

When he fell, Glen was on his way upstairs with a salad in one hand and a drink in the other. That means he's not worried about his balance or dizziness or passing out. Unless his doc finds a condition that puts him at risk, he's fine with stairs.

Again, people fall down stairs, especially when carrying things. Young, health, able bodied people trip, take a misstep, suffer temporary vertigo, my husband fell and broke his shoulder because of a bee.

Yes, falling down stairs can be a symptom of a serious medical condition and underlying medical conditions should be considered, especially with older people, but also sometimes people just fall, our ability to remain upright is really complex and remarkable even though we take it for granted.

Also to further add, Glen and Babs appear to be healtly, active older adults that can afford and almost certainly regularly access high quality medical care. Context is everything. It would be one thing if they did not have regular health screenings and the fall could point to undiagnosed medical conditions, if Glen hadn't seen a doctor in years and was concerned about his ability to pay for or otherwise access care.

Edited by John M
  • Love 8

I am completely convinced that Ryan sank his hook into Whitney to try and capitalize over whatever popularity she has-Chase, maybe, too. And while I'm no fan of Ryan and I don't want to be his friend, I kind of admire the hustle. We're how many seasons in? None of her other friends and hangers on have done anything worthwhile with their ties to the show. They could've used their 15 minutes to grow a legitimate business or something. Nope. Ryan's learned how to play Whitney's game and reap benefits. As much as I think he's a slimy little weasel, I admire his drive. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I am completely convinced that Ryan sank his hook into Whitney to try and capitalize over whatever popularity she has-Chase, maybe, too. And while I'm no fan of Ryan and I don't want to be his friend, I kind of admire the hustle. We're how many seasons in? None of her other friends and hangers on have done anything worthwhile with their ties to the show. They could've used their 15 minutes to grow a legitimate business or something. Nope. Ryan's learned how to play Whitney's game and reap benefits. As much as I think he's a slimy little weasel, I admire his drive. 

I don't even think he's a slimy little weasel - she is benefitting from their partnership too.  And he's doing most of the work while she lolls around stroking Buddy's beard.

• Love 11
On 2/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Don't get me wrong, my crazy bar/klerb days are over but if I am invited to someone's house for a get together, I don't come in with a huge pout on my face wanting to look like I would rather be home in my bed with my thunder vest on.  

I'll be honest-if I was invited to what I thought was going to be a nice housewarming party with friends and I got there and it turned out it was a frat party, I wouldn't be happy about it. In fact, I would probably leave (but I've never been a big drinker or party person to begin with).

• Love 13
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I don't even think he's a slimy little weasel - she is benefitting from their partnership too.  And he's doing most of the work while she lolls around stroking Buddy's beard.

I agree. He is the only reason nobsactive is making the kind of money it appears to be making. It doesn’t even seem like she’s in many of the weekly videos anymore. I am pretty sure if I met Ryan in person I wouldn’t like him. Of course I’m an old woman and he’s a man child in his 20s so that’s to be expected anyway. But there is nothing to indicate Ryan is taking advantage of Whitney or that it’s Ryan and Chase putting on over on Whitney in terms of the ‘engagement’. I think it’s fake as all get out but I think Whitney is an active participate in the deception. Not only that but since the engagement is probably the reason she’s getting another season, she’s definitely benefitting from it. Ryan probably suggested Chase when they were “casting” a fiancé for Whitney or maybe even suggested the entire storyline but Whitney is cashing in on the whole thing. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

None of her other friends and hangers on have done anything worthwhile with their ties to the show. They could've used their 15 minutes to grow a legitimate business or something. Nope. 

Whitney included! I always thought she implied No Body Shame was some sort of charity, she always intended on profiting off of it but she has done basically nothing to develop the brand. She doesn't appear to solicit public speaking gigs or consulting contracts, she has never really done anything with merchandising, it seems like anything to do with her and her "brand" that has had any success whatsoever is when someone else is doing all the work and she just shows up, e.g. the cruises.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, John M said:

[Whitney] has done basically nothing to develop the brand. She doesn't appear to solicit public speaking gigs or consulting contracts, she has never really done anything with merchandising, ...

She did quite a bit of public speaking in the early years. Engagements seem to have dried up, however, probably becuz many ppl have realized she is a fraud, not an "inspiration," just as many of her fans have lately indicated they think the romance is scripted fakery.

Her own "brand," NoBSactive, has gone nowhere in terms of merchandise. (And the same would be true of the video exercise, were it not for Ryan running it.) Also, she has few "paid partnerships," e.g., Fabfitfun cosmetics  and, recently, Torrid swim suits. I don't think these partnerships bring in any money, just freebie products.

She has an agent who doesn't seem to be doing much for her. (And ITA she is too lazy to hustle gigs & sponsorships herself.) Mostly, tho, her problem is that she is a Z-list celeb who is of little or no interest to ppl who hire SM influencers.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, John M said:

Whitney included! I always thought she implied No Body Shame was some sort of charity, she always intended on profiting off of it but she has done basically nothing to develop the brand

It’s difficult to develop a brand called “No Body Shame” when you regularly body shame your “best friends” on tv.  I remember her going off on Todd in the NY episode because of his body and then Heather last episode 

• Love 11

Whitney’s old friends may not be trying to capitalize on the show, other than if they receive any type of fee for appearing, but they have real jobs outside the show. They will be fine when the show is over and Whitney will be back living with her parents. She doesn’t cross me as someone who has saved and wisely invested her money. Plus, my guess is she doesn’t make as much as other TLC people since her show isn’t highly rated and I have met only one other person who has ever even heard/watched it. She has no bargaining power and will likely take anything she is offered from TLC. She has no entertainment future when the show is over. Whitney will blame her weight but people like Melissa McCarthy and Lizzo have huge careers but they also have talent. Whitney has yet to show any talent other than embarrassing herself multiple times an episode and not even realizing it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

Whitney’s old friends may not be trying to capitalize on the show, other than if they receive any type of fee for appearing, but they have real jobs outside the show. They will be fine when the show is over and Whitney will be back living with her parents. 

Exactly.  Their kids can get a start in college on the money they're making pretending to be fascinated with Whit's life (and in Heather's case, being eternally sad about Buddy). Ryan's trying to make a name for himself in the fitness world and probably thought she was sincere when he met her - she talks a good enough game.  I just see everyone trying to make the most of their 15 minutes; the only one who's too dumb and lazy to do so is the star of the show 😄 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Dot said:

She did quite a bit of public speaking in the early years. Engagements seem to have dried up, however, probably becuz many ppl have realized she is a fraud, not an "inspiration," just as many of her fans have lately indicated they think the romance is scripted fakery.

Her own "brand," NoBSactive, has gone nowhere in terms of merchandise. (And the same would be true of the video exercise, were it not for Ryan running it.) Also, she has few "paid partnerships," e.g., Fabfitfun cosmetics  and, recently, Torrid swim suits. I don't think these partnerships bring in any money, just freebie products.

She has an agent who doesn't seem to be doing much for her. (And ITA she is too lazy to hustle gigs & sponsorships herself.) Mostly, tho, her problem is that she is a Z-list celeb who is of little or no interest to ppl who hire SM influencers.

Back when BGDC was her thing, I thought that could really become a solid franchising business- kind of like Curves but for younger women, and this show would be a great way to raise market awareness. I bet a lot of gyms could see a solid niche of young overweight women wanting a fun way to workout and meet up as a group. But she didn't do anything with it and it's faded way.  It's sad she doesn't seem to have either the ambition or a good agent because she's not got much else as a financial back-up other than living off her parents.

• Love 10

I think it’s more than just laziness preventing Whitney capitalizing on her public figure status. I think it’s hubris. I really don’t think she’s motivated to do this other stuff because she really doesn’t believe a time will come that people don’t want to see or hear from her. I’m sure she knows the show will go away at some point but I don’t think she thinks that will end her “fame”. In Whitney’s mind everyone loves her and will continue to follow her hairbrained ideas until she’s old and gray, which is another issue of hubris just to assume she’ll get to old and gray without weight loss) 

• Love 11

While I generally agree with the assessment that Ryan is a conman - I do have to somewhat (begrudgingly) admire his hustle (ty mamadrama). He knows a mark when he sees one. And Whitney is nothing if not a GIANT (pun intended) vulnerable mark. He has her hook line and sinker at this point. She can pretend that she's the boss in this scenario, but she is so in his thrall. If I didn't dislike her so much, I'd almost feel sorry for her. Ryan calls the shots and she's along for the ride. I think she's trying to relive her high school life and be a 'cool kid' for once. Because it's obvious that Heather, Todd and Whitney weren't setting the world on fire in their teens. She practically revels in the ‘bro-world’. Which is pretty damn sad for someone in their mid-30s. And that party was pretty pathetic. No wonder Todd and Heather were ready to GTFO.  I think that Ryan is smarmy, disingenuous and would dump her in a heartbeat if he could untether himself from her D-list fame. But he's gonna ride this out as long as he can. Because Twit has stars in her eyes….

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
credit where credit is due :)
  • Love 8

Sorry for the late in the game posts but I couldn't bring myself to watch this until earlier today. And everything that needed to be said - has been said. You guys are awesome 🙂

The thing that bothered me the most is how she was talking about her parents as if they weren't even in the room. Or were invalids. She has a lot of nerve telling her dad to slow down when he's a) working a 9/5 job and she's NOT and b) is in much better physical condition than she is. She is so freaking un-self aware. It's nuts. That whole conversation with Hunter (and his ridiculous ink black hair) was so patronizing. I just can't with her. She's insufferable.

• Love 10

Remember when she first moved into her new townhouse/condo whatever, and Chase came over with a bunch of wine, and booze?  At the time, I thought he was doing it to just spite Buddy, but I seriously think Whitney also has a drinking problem that's not shown on the show.  She also smokes a pack a day according to Will.

• Love 5

If I didn't dislike her so much, I'd almost feel sorry for her. Ryan calls the shots and she's along for the ride... I think that Ryan is smarmy, disingenuous and would dump her in a heartbeat if he could untether himself from her D-list fame. But he's gonna ride this out as long as he can. Because Twit has stars in her eyes….

I am not sure how to feel about this. I do admire Ryan's hustle. I think he's been clear that he is Whitney's business partner and he's in this as long as it's a good business opportunity for him. Whitney is also in this to make money. I think they might mutually dump one another if the business was no longer profitable and I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that. I think it would be wrong for Ryan to feign a friendship or *cough* romantic interest in Whitney for money, but I think he's been clear that the "friendship" is secondary to the business arrangement. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I am not sure how to feel about this. I do admire Ryan's hustle. I think he's been clear that he is Whitney's business partner and he's in this as long as it's a good business opportunity for him. Whitney is also in this to make money. I think they might mutually dump one another if the business was no longer profitable and I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that. I think it would be wrong for Ryan to feign a friendship or *cough* romantic interest in Whitney for money, but I think he's been clear that the "friendship" is secondary to the business arrangement. 

I need y'alls input here.  What if Chase dumped Whitney and they broke up and Whitney moved back to Greensboro.  Would Ryan still be in a business with her, or would he just be a bad reminder for her upon how Chase fat shammed her for dumping her (as if there are more than one reason to end things with her)  Any thoughts?

• Useful 1
41 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I need y'alls input here.  What if Chase dumped Whitney and they broke up and Whitney moved back to Greensboro.  Would Ryan still be in a business with her, or would he just be a bad reminder for her upon how Chase fat shammed her for dumping her (as if there are more than one reason to end things with her)  Any thoughts?

Ok, this is STRICTLY based on feelings,  but I think Twit is such a vindictive witch that she would get rid of Ryan as a business partner  and try to screw him out of  any money she  owed him. But it all depends on how the  contract is  written  regarding  nobsactive. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Ok, this is STRICTLY based on feelings,  but I think Twit is such a vindictive witch that she would get rid of Ryan as a business partner  and try to screw him out of  any money she  owed him. But it all depends on how the  contract is  written  regarding  nobsactive. 

What, you mean the pinky swear wont hold up ? This is her "bro" you know like for reelz, she got this sitch under controlz .

What she probably would try and pull would be to loop Todd back in to the mess in some fashion - or get Jessica to fill in with the promises of stink and cash 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I'll play - IF this were real and that happened, I think she'd whine and cry and do everything she could to get Ryan to travel to Greensboro for the filming.  And when he said, "Okay, I'll come one day a week and we can film all five segments then" she'd have another baby fit and just generally be miserable until Ryan decided it was no longer worth it.  Until he decided that she'd be passive-aggressively making digs about his "bro".

I have a new question:  Since NoBS Active seems to actually be a thing, how do we think that will go when next season has filmed, the wedding never actually happens, and TLC stops renting that Air B&B for Whit to "live in" in Charlotte?

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Since NoBS Active seems to actually be a thing, how do we think that will go when next season has filmed, the wedding never actually happens, and TLC stops renting that Air B&B for Whit to "live in" in Charlotte?

Doesn't that really depend on Ryan? Whitney's fans will still want to hang out with her, at least until the show is cancelled and they lose interest. I think for a while they'll be all supportive and convinced she'll meet "the real ONE" very soon, that Chase wasn't good enough for her, that maybe she should re-consider darling Buddy, or even going out with adorable Ryan!! As long as Ryan is willing to put in the actual work of creating content and teaching it, while Whitney rolls around being "cute," or making  passive-aggressive jabs at Ryan's asshole best friend, they could probably wring a last year out of their cash cow.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Doesn't that really depend on Ryan? Whitney's fans will still want to hang out with her, at least until the show is cancelled and they lose interest. I think for a while they'll be all supportive and convinced she'll meet "the real ONE" very soon, that Chase wasn't good enough for her, that maybe she should re-consider darling Buddy, or even going out with adorable Ryan!! As long as Ryan is willing to put in the actual work of creating content and teaching it, while Whitney rolls around being "cute," or making  passive-aggressive jabs at Ryan's asshole best friend, they could probably wring a last year out of their cash cow.

Yes - in the end it's about how long Ryan is willing to put up with her.  Which I suppose will be about how much $$ he's making and whether it's worth his while to continue.  (And I don't say that as an insult to Ryan - a lot of people here seem to think he's a jerk but I'm not one of them)

• Love 9
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Yes - in the end it's about how long Ryan is willing to put up with her.  Which I suppose will be about how much $$ he's making and whether it's worth his while to continue.  (And I don't say that as an insult to Ryan - a lot of people here seem to think he's a jerk but I'm not one of them)

I agree -I think for Ryan it's all about how long this is sufficiently profitable (or potentially profitable). I don't think he approached Whitney seeking friendship - I think he approached her with a business opportunity (or maybe he was approached as a potential storyline -who knows?). Any "friendship" that they developed was either a bonus in the form of a friendship or screen time for Ryan for which he was compensated. Once there is no longer a business case for this interaction, I think Ryan will move on. I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as Ryan is nice and polite about it. No need to go all scorched earth on Whitney when he goes.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 9:48 PM, princelina said:

And I don't say that as an insult to Ryan - a lot of people here seem to think he's a jerk but I'm not one of them)

Me either! To me, he’s the only person who reacts to Big Whit in a way appropriate to her noxious personality. He’s maybe the only person in her life who doesn’t coddle and enable her. She’s a jerk, and he has boundaries. 

On 3/4/2020 at 7:30 AM, Elizzikra said:

- I think he approached her with a business opportunity (or maybe he was approached as a potential storyline -who knows?). Any "friendship" that they developed was either a bonus in the form of a friendship or screen time for Ryan for which he was compensated. Once there is no longer a business case for this interaction, I think Ryan will move on. I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as Ryan is nice and polite about it. No need to go all scorched earth on Whitney when he goes.

Completely agree. This is all a job to him, Nobs Active, his role on the show, all of it. Big Whit knows this as much as she knows Chase is her [reluctant] fake fiancé. No one’s taking advantage of anyone here. 

Edited by Pachengala
  • Love 8