Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Drinking Buddy

• Start Topic

Whitney worries for her parents' safety after her father falls down the stairs; Buddy discovers he must make amends to Whitney for his recovery; Ryan and Chase throw Whitney a party.

Airs February 18, 2020.

5 minutes ago, DNR said:

Open mikes..... i can’t imagine what a debacle those are 

buddy’s not funny

Twit as a personal trainer? 😂

You got it,  DNR, Buddy's not funny,  but considering Twit as a personal trainer?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLO!!!

I'm busting a gut!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Twit is making me crazy with all the parent stuff tonight!! I laughed out loud when her brother said "Maybe we should just move them into an old people's home" or whatever. For a fleeting second I could see she realized how out of line she was and then a second later she realized if they did that she would lose all her "control" over them...so that was a hard no!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Hmm. Not sure where to go with the parental unit thing. I hang out in my upstairs office, watching TV, working, doing the internet thing. I carry my food upstairs all the time. I bring the laundry up and down. I carry my trash up and down. I'm a bit concerned about falling down the stairs and should probably stop doing it with a lot of stuff in my hands. Stairs kill people.

I will probably move to a ranch in 2 yrs or so. More because I'm tired of doing 2 sets of stairs w/laundry than a fear of stairs. It would just make life easier. 

Since I'm kinda looking at real estate, I clicked on a nice senior condo in a new development near me.  All I could think of, was everyone looked so old! Even tho I'm in the age group, I don't look like these people. Maybe they're in their late 70's & 80's or something. I ain't there yet, as nice as it was.

My son is different from Twit. He still sees me as the gorgeous 38 yr old mom he had when he was 15. 😃 He thinks I can do everything and doesn't help me out too much. "You can do it! You can do it!" He doesn't want me to lose any function. Certainly, neither do I, but darn, I'm 66. Give me a break sometimes. 

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, aliya said:

Hmm. Not sure where to go with the parental unit thing. I hang out in my upstairs office, watching TV, working, doing the internet thing. I carry my food upstairs all the time. I bring the laundry up and down. I carry my trash up and down. I'm a bit concerned about falling down the stairs and should probably stop doing it with a lot of stuff in my hands. Stairs kill people.

I will probably move to a ranch in 2 yrs or so. More because I'm tired of doing 2 sets of stairs w/laundry than a fear of stairs. It would just make life easier. 

Since I'm kinda looking at real estate, I clicked on a nice senior condo in a new development near me.  All I could think of, was everyone looked so old! Even tho I'm in the age group, I don't look like these people. Maybe they're in their late 70's & 80's or something. I ain't there yet, as nice as it was.

My son is different from Twit. He still sees me as the gorgeous 38 yr old mom he had when he was 15. 😃 He thinks I can do everything and doesn't help me out too much. "You can do it! You can do it!" He doesn't want me to lose any function. Certainly, neither do I, but darn, I'm 66. Give me a break sometimes. 

My exact same situation!   Alone, 65, living in a home too big, dangerous and very old and difficult for me to maintain.  Retiring in 4 months, already bought a simple one story ranch near Raleigh with a little yard for the dogs.  Moving from NY so it will be a huge change, it's terrifying but no turning back now!! 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

My exact same situation!   Alone, 65, living in a home too big, dangerous and very old and difficult for me to maintain.  Retiring in 4 months, already bought a simple one story ranch near Raleigh with a little yard for the dogs.  Moving from NY so it will be a huge change, it's terrifying but no turning back now!! 

I'm in Iowa. When I retired this summer, people asked if I were moving. Nope. Aside from the fact that my only child is here, the living is easy, the people are nice, there's plenty of farm fresh food, and I don't have to go anywhere when it snows. Why leave? 😄

My sister bought her 1st house a couple of years ago when she retired (in NC, by the way). She took what little retirement she had left (it's not a good thing to let people borrow against their fund, just saying), found a cheap place on line and has been a happy camper ever since. Most of her grandkids are about 90 minutes away - close enough to visit, far enough not be a pain. She worked long hours in retail and was never a cook. When she got the house, I sent her a few kitchen items, turned her on to QVC In the Kitchen with David, convinced her to buy some Curtis Stone cookware, and now she thinks she's Gordon Ramsey.  It's a whole different life.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I mean I know this is all fake but there is far too much drama going on in their relationship and friendship for me to suspend disbelief that this is a healthy and happy relationship.

My god, why would you burdon your life with this much bullshit constantly?

I'm going to try and subject myself to this show because I have very litle else going on at the moment. Why does Whit go straight upstairs and sprawl on the bed while Buddy awkwardly stands? And you can't hug in front of Chase? Don't even joke about that, it suggests so much distrust in your relationship.

Edited by John M
  • Love 11

Twit and this parent thing is just way over the top! I am pushing 71, live alone my kids 47 & 49 live in CA, I live in MT. I have had many MRI's, CT scans, Ultrasounds in the last few years that I haven't said anything to them about as the results were all normal. If anything was abnormal or a problem I would certainly tell them. Because her parents didn't share these test with her tells me they were no problems found. She needs to back off this "I need to to get them downstairs and doing what I want". For hecks sake, Glen goes to work at a job regularly, same can't be said for the Twit! Just back off Twit...

Edited by Gramto6
deleted double quote, I hope...
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

I'm not a huge fan of Ryan, but I do like how he doesn't let Whitney bulldoze him as much as her other friends do. I think he's clearly using her TV ties and social media platforms for his own gain, but why the hell not? Any of her other friends could've done it, too. I think she herself has wasted this opportunity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

"I don't feel like Im ready".....if left up to you, no one would ever be ready. I don't blame Ryan for wanting to expand the business.

I love my parents very much, I live close to them and they have had tons of tests I hear about after the fact. If something serious happens, which it has, I am there. They are strong minded independent adults and I trust their judgement. Whit is using her parents as an excuse to be lazy. Yea like I would trust Whit to pick me up off the bathroom floor while screaming and baying. She sure spends a lot of time at home for an independent business woman,they aren't children she is so condescending. They don't need you Whit, get over yourself.

I dislike Buddy, it is not Whit's responsibility to give you a place to live. How about you make amends to Heather? What about her children who asked for you constantly? They suffered way more than Whit. I think the Ryan/Heather make out is fake. If not then likely Heather had too much to drink (she avoided drinking at the party) and is now embarrassed. Yes Ryan she is home a lot because she has kids you asshat.

I like the parents Thore's table, it is beautiful.

bottom line, Whit loves being the centre of the universe.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

So when Heather walked in, and was standing 2 feet from Ryan, Whitney blurts out “are you wearing [Spanx, or whatever brand]”?  What an asshole.

and the faux concern for her parents. Ugh. 

Overall, this is so obviously set up for Whitney to either reject Chase or get dumped by him and, either way, end up with Buddy.  The need better writers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Yeah sure Twit you’re going to be a personal trainer.  Does anyone think she’ll follow thru on that?  Ryan better not promote anything for her. She accomplishes nothing. She’ll get some bullshit injury that will cause her stop training.  And who  is going to pay her to train them? She doesn’t m take care of her own body. 

What the fuck is she doing rolling around on a with Buddy and stroking his beard??  Good move with her “boyfriend” in the house! 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

So when Heather walked in, and was standing 2 feet from Ryan, Whitney blurts out “are you wearing [Spanx, or whatever brand]”?  What an asshole.

Yes because Whit has such a great figure, asshole. She gets off on humiliating Heather.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Heather and Ryan are working it for their TLC checks!  "I can't wait to go for round two with my girl Heather!"  "Buddy was My ex, MINE!  He ruined my life!"  "Heather is IN LOVE with Buddy!!!" 😩

Meanwhile - Whitney arrives home in a pair of leggings that did not seem to have dirty legs.  I thought she had to wear the overalls because she ruined her Dinner Leggings in the mud?  Were these her Traveling Leggings?  I find it odd that Traveling Leggings could not replace Dinner Leggings, but apparently it's okay to wear Dinner Leggings when you go fishing?  Strange customs.  And then she's worried about meeting Chase's friends and having them judge her, so she decides the best outfit to keep that at bay is Tight Tank Top Tucked Into Leggings.  Okay then 😖

I love that she's studying hard making her flashcards and ordering fat when her textbook hasn't even arrived in the mail.  But they dragged the old skeleton off the Laverne & Shirley set so that we can see Whit is a Serious Student.  😂

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

That may have pissed me off more than anything Whit's done. Heather's picked up some weight, but I thought she looked pretty. She'd clearly tried to pay attention to her appearance for the "party". For her "friend" to call her out like that and potentially embarrass her was cruel. I've gone from being annoyed by Whitney to actively disliking her. 

Heather dresses nice when she attends these events, unlike slovenly Twit. I agree that comment really showed us all who she really is and it is not pretty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, John M said:

Hold up, Whitney of fallen in the shower and can't get up, Whitney of trapped in skis, Whitney of scooter of shame parade, Whitney of passed out barely dancing, Whitney of almost drowned in low current, Whitney of can't slowly walk 3 miles without causing debilitating injuries, Whitney of can't shave her own legs...

She, is concerned about her parents, who seems remarkably spry, able,intelligent and extremely financially stable, ability to care of themselves to the point that she thinks she needs to control their life decisions.

Good god.

Whitney who literally was still living at home when the show first started and having her mother perform basic acts of hygiene on her...If I weren't so over her at this point then I'd laugh. 

• Love 12

Even when I was in college, I wasn't much of a drinker (and certainly not beer). I missed the detail on the drinking game that Twit was apparently aces at. What were they doing? Just downing multiple cups of beer? Once again, there is nothing attractive about this woman. "Hey mom, here's my fiance! She's great a drinking games. What do you mean, am I worried about fetal alcohol syndrome with our kids?"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, John M said:

Hold up, Whitney of fallen in the shower and can't get up, Whitney of trapped in skis, Whitney of scooter of shame parade, Whitney of passed out barely dancing, Whitney of almost drowned in low current, Whitney of can't slowly walk 3 miles without causing debilitating injuries, Whitney of can't shave her own legs...

She, is concerned about her parents, who seems remarkably spry, able,intelligent and extremely financially stable, ability to care of themselves to the point that she thinks she needs to control their life decisions.

Good god.

All. Of. This.  

Putting all her failures together like this really shows how remarkably (or unremarkable?) ridiculous she is.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love that Whit throws Chase under the bus the second she can

I can no longer brain after this episode - when does she throw him under the bus?

Am I the only one that found it extremely odd that she/they threw a “housewarming” party and those invited were mostly people she didn’t know? From my experience - housewarming parties are much like baby/bridal/etc. showers in that those invited are ones closest people.  So strange.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, aliya said:

Even when I was in college, I wasn't much of a drinker (and certainly not beer). I missed the detail on the drinking game that Twit was apparently aces at. What were they doing? Just downing multiple cups of beer? Once again, there is nothing attractive about this woman. "Hey mom, here's my fiance! She's great a drinking games. What do you mean, am I worried about fetal alcohol syndrome with our kids?"

I could hear Roger Miller singing Chug- a-Lug tonight.  Isn't Chase 28?  This looked like an underclassmen's frat party, not an adult gathering.

• Love 12

Ryan being all pushy with Heather, trying to get her to socialize, and then making fun of her for staying quiet. Dude, you guys are not 21 year old frat kids. She's a grown ass woman with children and you're hosting a party that literally has beer games and a keg. I enjoy drinking sometimes. I like to get out and have fun and I'm a mother. Still, I've grown a little since college. Maybe Heather's idea of a good time is NOT trying to outplay or outdrink a bunch of strange men she doesn't know...

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That may have pissed me off more than anything Whit's done. Heather's picked up some weight, but I thought she looked pretty. She'd clearly tried to pay attention to her appearance for the "party". For her "friend" to call her out like that and potentially embarrass her was cruel. I've gone from being annoyed by Whitney to actively disliking her. 

Not going to lie - I didn't watch last night because I just can't even bring myself to hate-watch this bullshit. Am just here for the snark.

Whitney is the last person in the universe to make any comments about someone's weight. Not with the way she struts about with all of her flab and rolls on full display. Unless someone else is dressing her (or she gets clothing sponsored by a company like Eloquii), she lives in leggins and sports bras that do absolutely nothing to contain her bloated mass. This is the woman who showed up to work at a radio station (among other humans) with her flab in clear view to everyone. 

So yeah... I'm going to be Team Heather on this one. If this show every gets a fitting ending, it'll be like Steinfeld, where the obnoxious lead is abandoned by all those that she used and abused over the years and left to stew in her own misery. I would watch just to see Whitney getting her just desserts (and I don't mean cake).

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Haleybug said:

I can no longer brain after this episode - when does she throw him under the bus?

Am I the only one that found it extremely odd that she/they threw a “housewarming” party and those invited were mostly people she didn’t know? From my experience - housewarming parties are much like baby/bridal/etc. showers in that those invited are ones closest people.  So strange.  

As soon as Chase leaves the room she whispers to Buddy about Chase being jealous and takes zero responsibility for missing his show and not calling him to tell him she would miss it. Chase is a jerk but so is she.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

As soon as Chase leaves the room she whispers to Buddy about Chase being jealous and takes zero responsibility for missing his show and not calling him to tell him she would miss it. Chase is a jerk but so is she.

Not to mention Chase didn’t even originally want to go that weekend, he wanted to go another weekend and she pushed it off.  Of all the weekends to pick why would she agree to the one with Buddy’s HILARIOUS debut and if this were such a huge event for Buddy why did nobody but Tal and Jon show up?  No barnacles? no Buddy’s parents? The whole thing is so stupid, it just so Whitney can lament about Buddy.    Also, could you imagine the unbridled rage Whitney would have unleash if someone mentioned in a room full of strangers, she were wearing shapewear.  THAT’S FAT SHAMING!

• Love 15
11 hours ago, aliya said:

If I were parents,  I wd move to bedroom on first floor, or just be extra careful. 

I'm 66 too, and I have 3 flights of stairs, on the days I do laundry. Otherwise, one flight to bedrooms, and 5 steps to f as Family room where tv and computer is located. 

But since it's only me and hubbie,  I end up with a one arm load of laundry in my arms so I can use the railing as a security blanket.  I also throw the dirty laundry down the stairs into the basement.  

I am extra mindful on the stairs though at all times,  just in case.

I slipped shoveling snow last week and fell on my arm mostly. So grateful I didn't break anything.  

There is an inner ear balance thing that weakens as we grow older hence the falls. My friend's brother fell last month and fractured his pelvis. 

Getting older is like running an obstacle course.

That said ,Twit's ridiculous approach to ordering her parents about is vomit inducing. They may outlive her. 

Loved the Twitter comments on the trailer as about this,  many saying that she needed to get her own life in order and/or move back to their town, or move in with them,  or pay for help for them if she is so concerned about them.  

Her personality is repulsive. I haven't watched any new eps, except the crick one,  but I had the sound muted most of the time cuz Twit's voice/faux acting. I just can't anymore.  She's too stupid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, aliya said:

Whitney was good at flipping the cup over after drinking whatever was in it. She played the same game New Years when she was with Ryan and Chase was hours away at the klerb working. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Not to mention Chase didn’t even originally want to go that weekend, he wanted to go another weekend and she pushed it off.  Of all the weekends to pick why would she agree to the one with Buddy’s HILARIOUS debut and if this were such a huge event for Buddy why did nobody but Tal and Jon show up?  No barnacles? no Buddy’s parents? The whole thing is so stupid, it just so Whitney can lament about Buddy.    Also, could you imagine the unbridled rage Whitney would have unleash if someone mentioned in a room full of strangers, she were wearing shapewear.  THAT’S FAT SHAMING!

There is absolutely zero shame is wearing shapewear. I absolutely live in Spanx. Not because I'm trying to pretend that I'm thinner than I am, but simply to make my clothes lay more smoothly and keep the hills and valleys that define my body from ruining the lines. Even women who are very thin like Spanx because it helps clingy clothing look better.

As for Buddy... it's been obvious since forever that Whitney's "friendships" are a one way street. Her friends are there to benefit her, but I cannot remember a single time that she went out of her way for another person if she didn't directly benefit by doing so. I can imagine plenty of reasons why no one showed up for his debut (primarily that it's fake and his family didn't sign on to be in this freak show), but for Whitney not to attend is pretty inexcusable. If the show wanted her to come across as less likable, then MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Not that Buddy is such a prize (nor do I think his debut wasn't just a scripted stunt), but it was a pretty shitty thing for someone that claims that Buddy is her BFF to do to him. But then, this is Whitney we're talking about.

• Love 7

Frequently when someone feels inadequate in their own life they try to control those they deem to be weaker/less competent than themselves. Twit believes that she knows what is best for Heather, her parents, Buddy etc. so she doesn't have to deal with her own weaknesses and can feel superior.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

My aunt died after falling in the bathtub and hitting her head. We had told her not to bathe on her own but she had fallen a lot recently and was always fine afterwards so she went ahead with it. I had told her previously that she was fine after falling until she wasn't, and when your winning streak ends - and you don't know when that will be - you can lose it all. She wasn't wearing the device we got her but she managed to get downstairs and call my husband who saw her bleeding profusely and called 911. She admitted during her week long stay in intensive care that she wished she had listened to us, and passed (on Christmas day, yet) after being transferred to rehab. After that, she would have had to go to a home. My point is, falling down when getting elderly is no joke and needs to be taken seriously, and people aren't always the best judge of their circumstances and capabilities. I'm having the same trouble with my mother who is convinced she can do everything she did 20 years ago, and just as well. She can't, no matter what she says. Sorry for the rant, but I am entirely on Whitney's side in this one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

There is absolutely zero shame is wearing shapewear. I absolutely live in Spanx. Not because I'm trying to pretend that I'm thinner than I am, but simply to make my clothes lay more smoothly and keep the hills and valleys that define my body from ruining the lines. Even women who are very thin like Spanx because it helps clingy clothing look better.

I don’t think there’s any shame in wearing shape wear but I think it the roles were reversed Whitney would be yelling Heather was fat shaming her for wearing shape wear or at the very least say she was trying to embarrass her.  Typically, I do think Whitney’s friendships are one-sided, Buddy is pretty much the only exception, in fact I think she does  more for him then vice versa.  They’re both scrubs as least as far as to what they show on the air.  Honestly, Whitney and Buddy should get together so they can live in their codependency unhappily ever after.  I don’t know who would find either of them attractive and I’m not talking about their looks.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, scootypuffjr said:

My aunt died after falling in the bathtub and hitting her head. We had told her not to bathe on her own but she had fallen a lot recently and was always fine afterwards so she went ahead with it. I had told her previously that she was fine after falling until she wasn't, and when your winning streak ends - and you don't know when that will be - you can lose it all. She wasn't wearing the device we got her but she managed to get downstairs and call my husband who saw her bleeding profusely and called 911. She admitted during her week long stay in intensive care that she wished she had listened to us, and passed (on Christmas day, yet) after being transferred to rehab. After that, she would have had to go to a home. My point is, falling down when getting elderly is no joke and needs to be taken seriously, and people aren't always the best judge of their circumstances and capabilities. I'm having the same trouble with my mother who is convinced she can do everything she did 20 years ago, and just as well. She can't, no matter what she says. Sorry for the rant, but I am entirely on Whitney's side in this one.

I actually didn’t think Whitney was wrong wanting her parents to live downstairs, her barging in an demanding it didn’t seem like the greatest touch.  I figured she’d be better whining to Daddy how she worried all the time.  Also, it doesn’t  help, when she’s the one always falling/sliding/slipping and not being able to get up (shower, skiing, at the crick, walking, the list is endless). Honestly everybody in the family with the possible exception of Hunter should be on life alert.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, scootypuffjr said:

falling down when getting elderly is no joke

True. That's  one of the reasons I  no longer bike  outdoors.  I'm  72 and scared of falling off the  bike --- a fall that could be  catastrophic.  It's  also why I moved to a one story home 30 years ago.  I had too many near misses when my BLACK cat would  park herself  on the DARK staircase.  😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Why would friends come to your new house to throw a party? Isn't a housewarming party supposed to be given by the person whose house it is?

Whitney was worried about Chase and Ryan's friends seeing her as Chase's girlfriend? Did he say or do anything to demonstrate that they were a couple? Even when she won the drinking game, he gave her a kiss on the cheek that was the equivalent in enthusiasm to a high five.

Whitney making a point of asking Heather in front of Ryan if she was wearing spanx was a total mean girl move. Reminded me of the time in high school when I was talking with a boy I had gone on a first date with and liked a lot, when another girl who was rumored to  like him too, came up to us, peered at my face and said, "OMG, you have a mustache!"  I responded, "OMG, you're as blind as a bat!" I wish Heather had said, "Not all of us need foundation garments to get our pants on,  porky!"

Yes, there may come a time when parents and children reverse roles, due to the parents' mental or physical decline, but Babs and Glenn both have a very long way to go before they need Whitney to take control of their lives. On the other hand, they raised the bossy narcissist that she's grown up to be, so they just have to deal with her now. They seem joined in a passive aggressive refusal to take her seriously, a strategy that is probably the best they can do for now, and at least has the benefit of irritating the shit out of her.

The idea of Whitney as a personal trainer is yet another of her clueless insults to people who actually possess the skills, training, discipline and ability to qualify for whatever she imagines herself to be. True, I was certified as a personal trainer back in the dark ages, when it meant attending actual classes, and the final exam was done by demoing your skills on a volunteer "client"  in front of a live examiner who asked you questions as you worked.  At no time was a plastic skeleton involved, although I had to be able to name the muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints involved in each exercise I taught "without hesitation."  And showing poor form while demonstrating any of the exercises was an immediate fail.  Looks like Whitney is planning to do it all online, where no one can see she can't demo a proper push-up because her belly protrudes so far, her arms aren't long enough to get it off the floor.

I wonder if Buddy is planning to make amends to Kerryn Feehan? I'd love to watch that happen.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Yes, there may come a time when parents and children reverse roles, due to the parents' mental or physical decline, but Babs and Glenn both have a very long way to go before they need Whitney to take control of their lives.

And there is absolutely no reason to believe that they have particular medical impairments. Bab's appears to have recovered very well from her stroke, which is a thing that happens, many people have strokes, make a full recovery or close to one and never have a stroke again. And young people can have strokes too. Does Whit know that two of the major risk factors of strokes is smoking and obesity? And honey you aren't too hot at taking stairs either.

Also people fall down stairs! It's a thing that happens sometimes for plenty of completely innocuous reasons, especially when doing things like carrying plates of food.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, scootypuffjr said:

I agree with you (& Whit)   especially when their house has a master bedroom on the first floor. 

I can't believe Babs doesn't wear a Life Alert especially after having a stroke and is alone in that huge house at times. 

• Love 1