Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: The Wingman

• Start Topic

It really was. I guess they were implying that Alexis was going to give up her career for Ted but didn’t have to since he told her not to come. He’s such a sweet guy for knowing she wouldn’t be happy there and he didn’t want her to have to choose her career over coming to the island, but I’m sure Alexis is still sad since she misses him. They better not break up those two!

Stevie being at that orgy party was hilarious, as was the awkwardness with Patrick and David. I loved how tight Patrick’s shirt was and David’s amusement towards it. They are so cute together.

Poor Bob. 

• Love 11

Why does Roland seems to have 500% more screen time this season. Give me more Jocelyn please. 

Dustin Milligan looks like he has lost weight as his face seems super slim these days. And he was perfectly in shape prior so don’t know why the sudden change .

I liked Patrick’s shirts.  

I had forgotten just how WOOF  Jake is. damn daddy.  

• Love 10

Ronnie and Roland repeteatedly roasting Johnny together was so good! It reminded me of the comedy roast episode which was also a great one. I love storylines like this because the dialouge is always so sharp and it lets the writers really shine. 

Also, they better not break Alexis, her poor heart!  My sweet cinnamon roll must be protected.

• Love 5

I hate Bob. He is to me what Roland is to most people. You know when you're in a public washroom and the paper towels are empty so you try to use the cheap one-ply toilet paper to dry your hands and it feels gross. That's how I feel when I see Bob. This episode was one third torture.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 2/11/2020 at 10:35 PM, twoods said:

I guess they were implying that Alexis was going to give up her career for Ted but didn’t have to since he told her not to come.

I got the opposite impression. She said she wanted to talk to him and that he didn't do anything wrong. To me that sounded like she was going to tell him that she couldn't come visit because she had to strike while the iron was hot and she was getting all kinds of positive attention thanks to her PR for the premiere. I was actually afraid that she was going to break up with him because she's planning to move to New York or LA to pursue her career after David's wedding.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7

I got the opposite impression. She said she wanted to talk to him and that he didn't do anything wrong. To me that sounded like she was going to tell him that she was going to tell him that she couldn't come visit because she had to strike while the iron was hot and she was getting all kinds of positive attention thanks to her PR for the premiere. I was actually afraid that she was going to break up with him because she's planning to move to New York or LA to pursue her career after David's wedding.

Same here. I read that as Alexis trying to tell Ted she decided not to join him in the Galapagos, only for him to beat her to the punch and tell her he didn't think she should come.  But after that conversation was over she looked crestfallen. I think now she's heartbroken because HE suggested she should stay where she is. She wasn't expecting that and I think she took it as sort of a rejection. I'm betting she ends up going to him.

I always get a kick out of how Patrick and David get a kick out of each other.

The stuff with Bob bored me. 

LOL on The Crowening being the top stream on Interflix . . . tied with the fourth season of Caroline in the City.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, vibeology said:

I hate Bob. He is to me what Roland is to most people. You know when you're in a public washroom and the paper towels are empty so you try to use the cheap one-ply toilet paper to dry your hands and it feels gross. That's how I feel when I see Bob. This episode was one third torture.

I hate Bob and Roland equally I think. Bob, because he's a jerk to Johnny for usually no reason. Roland, because his undeserved egotism is not a character flaw I can find funny.

However, the one saving grace for me in those scenes was Ronnie. She looked like she was having so much fun that I was able to focus on her enjoyment in each scene.

The highlight of this episode for me were Ted's and Alexis's scenes. Even though they're not in the same room, they're still deeply attached to each other and it shows.

• Love 18

I really enjoyed this episode and was hoping that the video of the premiere would end up being popular.  Loved the morning show interview with Moira and that she included Alexis, something I don't think she would have done in earlier seasons.  

There are some interesting story lines being established for this, their last season.  I am excited about how some of the plots will go.  However, I am still unhappy and quite bitter that this is their last season.

• Love 10

However, the one saving grace for me in those scenes was Ronnie. She looked like she was having so much fun that I was able to focus on her enjoyment in each scene.

Eh, I didn't care for the way Ronnie was laughing with Roland making fun of Johnny's age. Neither of them are exactly spring chickens themselves. I'm used to Roland being a moron but I expect better from Ronnie. 

• Love 1

I'm meh on Bob but honestly, if I'm going to see him, I expect to see him slow motion running to his destination. I don't know why I love that, but I do. Such an odd little quirk that just works for me. If this is what separation from Gwen does, then they need to get back together ASAP.

I thought it was kind of funny that David and Patrick decided to go to Jake's place and were surprised that it was going to be an orgy. Patrick gets a pass, but really, David should have known better.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Maysie said:

I thought it was kind of funny that David and Patrick decided to go to Jake's place and were surprised that it was going to be an orgy. Patrick gets a pass, but really, David should have known better.

I wonder if Stevie knew what she was getting into when she agreed to go for "drinks". She spent a lot more time with Jake than David so this might not be her first rodeo. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Harvey said:

I wonder if Stevie knew what she was getting into when she agreed to go for "drinks". She spent a lot more time with Jake than David so this might not be her first rodeo. 

I am certain that she did. She was there to get her freak on.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Maysie said:

Patrick was so clueless that he thought Jake was just inviting them over for whiskey!

I was really glad that they established that Stevie is getting some action. And that David and Patrick were willing to show up when they thought it was a threesome. I was expecting a typical sappy ending where they back out because they realize they only want to be with each other.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

Patrick was so clueless that he thought Jake was just inviting them over for whiskey!

I was really glad that they established that Stevie is getting some action. And that David and Patrick were willing to show up when they thought it was a threesome. I was expecting a typical sappy ending where they back out because they realize they only want to be with each other.

I think I'm super open minded and whatever makes people happy as long as everyone's safe and honest and you do you , boo, but I have to admit...I was slightly thrown by David and Patrick's easy willingness to consider a threesome. They've become this idealized, romanticized couple to so many, and polyamory doesn't historically, typically show up in TV and movies for those kinds of couples, so it took me a minute to level up to this idea for them. When in a committed relationship, I'm boringly but absolutely monogamous, I don't personally 'get' polyamory cuz the idea of my S.O with somebody else makes me stabby, a good indication it's not for me. But I appreciate that they went there, and brought even me, who considers herself as liberal and open as they come, up short a bit, and made me really think about this...it was an interesting way for them to go, and to do it so low-key, so that it normalizes it, as it IS a normal idea for many....anyway, good job.

• Love 7

I was slightly thrown by David and Patrick's easy willingness to consider a threesome.

I was a bit as well, only because last season, before they were engaged, David encouraged Patrick to go on a date with a guy who gave him his phone number, thinking Patrick needed more experience, and in the end Patrick couldn't go through with it because he was only interested in being with David. 

Now, I think Patrick was more intrigued by the notion of a three-way with Jake than anything else (I mean, just look at Jake). And I think David was playfully goading him just to see how far he would go. I'm not sure Patrick would have gone through with it though, when all was said and done.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I was really glad that they established that Stevie is getting some action.

The only thing that stood out to me was how Stevie made it clear earlier that she only drinks red wine, but I guess now she perhaps also drinks white wine? Or maybe just likes to watch everyone drink wine? Obviously I am not sure how orgies work.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Jake makes me uncomfortable. He has no boundaries, which can be dangerous and fun for some people, I suppose, but I just find him creepy. I don't think David and Patrick were going to go through with anything, I think they were just curious. They left that party pretty quickly; sure, seeing Stevie there hastened their departure, but they were leaving, anyway.

I hope Alexis and Ted can figure things out. She sure has changed over the course of this show, she was at least considering giving up her budding career to join him in the Galapagos. That's not really a tough decision, though, when fire ants are involved. 

I don't get a creepy vibe from Jake. He's DTF, whoever and whenever, but everyone is free to say no, obviously. Patrick was intrigued. Had it just been Jake there, I think they were seriously entertaining the idea of a threesome. I don't think they left because of Stevie, they were already heading out, but it's because while Patrick and David were maybe up for some consensual non-monogamy, they weren't up for an orgy. Yet. Maybe for their one year anniversary.

I am a little worried about Ted and Alexis, mostly because of an interview Annie Murphy gave

Spoiler

in which she said Alexis' journey didn't go quite the way she'd expected at the end. Which reveals exactly nothing, really, but it makes me wonder.

6 months is a long time to be apart, especially when they'd planned to be together. I hope they don't break up, but who knows. And as one with much more intimate knowledge of fire ants than I wanted to have (Key West. Camping. Clothing full of fire ants. Intense pain.), it's a really good fucking reason to not go to there.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I don't get a creepy vibe from Jake. He's DTF, whoever and whenever, but everyone is free to say no, obviously. Patrick was intrigued. Had it just been Jake there, I think they were seriously entertaining the idea of a threesome. I don't think they left because of Stevie, they were already heading out, but it's because while Patrick and David were maybe up for some consensual non-monogamy, they weren't up for an orgy. Yet. Maybe for their one year anniversary.

I am a little worried about Ted and Alexis, mostly because of an interview Annie Murphy gave in

Spoiler

which she said Alexis' journey didn't go quite the way she'd expected at the end. Which reveals exactly nothing, really, but it makes me wonder.

6 months is a long time to be apart, especially when they'd planned to be together. I hope they don't break up, but who knows. And as one with much more intimate knowledge of fire ants than I wanted to have (Key West. Camping. Clothing full of fire ants. Intense pain.), it's a really good fucking reason to not go to there.

Agree totally on your first paragraph.

The "date" last year with Ken, was about Patrick gaining more experience than just being with David. And as a real date, it had the potential to become something more serious. A threesome with Jake would just be a fun thing they could do as a couple, nothing more would really come of it.

Regarding Ted and Alexis, I think that Annie Murphy statement is interesting because if the series ends with her single, but successfully employed, it would be a complete turnaround from the beginning of the series. She'd never had a job (that we heard about, really) and didn't even have a High School diploma. She certainly flitted from relationship to relationship (with all manner of actors, celebrities, and princes or whatever). If her happy ending is finding a non-romantic passion that she is good at, I think that would be wonderful. That said 

Spoiler

I believe the trailer for the season shows Ted showing up as a surprise at the hotel, so I do think those 2 are headed for a happy ending as well.

But I'm glad that she was prepared to disappoint Ted and not go to the Galapagos because her career is taking off. And not because she "didn't want to go" or "wasn't supporting him."

• Love 5

Loved this episode.  

One of the joys of Schitt’s Creek for me has been looking up new Moira vocab words like corvidae.  They are always spot on for the situation.  I feel like I look up 1 or 2 words every single episode — makes me smile every time.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 6

Well damn Patrick, I didnt know that party was a gun show! 

That was a fun episode, and I love that Alexis managed to turn her crow disaster into a big viral hit. Almost at Caroline in the City levels! The scenes with Alexis and Ted were so sweet, they had better make it through the season without hitting any more snags!

Roland...is better in small doses for me. 

• Love 4

That was a fun episode, and I love that Alexis managed to turn her crow disaster into a big viral hit.

Except the sudden interest in her is based on a lie. She's claiming the whole thing was staged as a publicity stunt and it wasn't. Nor was it done with special effects. I think it will be a moot point anyway - I think she's going to wind up going to the Galapagos to be with Ted.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, vibeology said:

On 2/12/2020 at 1:51 PM, Catfi9ht said:

I hate Bob and Roland equally I think. Bob, because he's a jerk to Johnny for usually no reason. Roland, because his undeserved egotism is not a character flaw I can find funny.

I hate Bob too. If Bob Elliott, Chris Elliott's father, hadn't died four years ago, I'd swear it was the same actor. He is as annoying and awkward and unfunny as Roland is.

Ronnie's a bitch; I don't find her funny at all. Maybe I'm at an age where I don't consider tearing people down for your own enjoyment to be funny. That's all Ronnie does.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Blakeston said:

No, I think he thought it could turn into a threesome.

On 2/13/2020 at 3:44 PM, luna1122 said:

I think I'm super open minded and whatever makes people happy as long as everyone's safe and honest and you do you , boo, but I have to admit...I was slightly thrown by David and Patrick's easy willingness to consider a threesome. They've become this idealized, romanticized couple to so many

Patrick strikes me as very "straight-up" monogamous, so I was disappointed that they seemed to ready to open their relationship (although, if it was Jake, I would be too). I still think Patrick and David are not "happily ever after." They'll be divorced within a couple of years.

What a waste of Jake this episode was. I think if they had done "whiskey" at his house (since when does he live in an apartment? Didn't he live in a barn the last time we saw him?) it could have been fraught with sexual tension between him and Patrick. That I would have loved to see. I'm pretty sure Patrick's the top in his and David's relationship, so it would have been funny to see someone a little more sure, a little more dominant take control of Patrick.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Patrick strikes me as very "straight-up" monogamous, so I was disappointed that they seemed to ready to open their relationship (although, if it was Jake, I would be too). I still think Patrick and David are not "happily ever after." They'll be divorced within a couple of years.

What a waste of Jake this episode was. I think if they had done "whiskey" at his house (since when does he live in an apartment? Didn't he live in a barn the last time we saw him?) it could have been fraught with sexual tension between him and Patrick. That I would have loved to see. I'm pretty sure Patrick's the top in his and David's relationship, so it would have been funny to see someone a little more sure, a little more dominant take control of Patrick.

Oh I hope you're wrong in that first paragraph.

I agree about wasting Jake, though. It would have been soooo much more interesting if it had just been the 3 of them, actually hanging out and seriously contemplating the threesome. And honestly, whether they did or didn't go through with it, I think it would have been more entertaining (not to mention somewhat groundbreaking) television. But for them to be maybe into it, but once they saw it was an orgy, decided "we're out," meh.

I just checked S3:Ep2 (The Throuple), which is (I think) the only time we see where Jake lives. It seems to be a converted garage. It is definitely not the same location as in this episode, but maybe he moved? It has been a few years...

• Love 1

I was not surprised at all by the potential three-way. It’s way more common in gay male couples to have a special guest, and SC/Dan Levy have been very true-to-life rather than Hollywood about portrayals. I was a bit surprised that Patrick was so quick to check out the possibility, but he did make sure leaving was a planned option. (And, yeah, orgy was definitely too much for him/them!)

I’ve been wondering all along how Alexis would fare in the Galapagos with even fewer creature comforts than the motel. This makes way more sense, and I like seeing Ted “get” her foibles, the way Patrick gets David’s. It’s tough for them to be long distance for that long, though.

• Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, vibeology said:

This is singularly one of the funniest comments I've read on the board and its numerous previous incarnations. Bob and Roland both give me the willies - it's amazing how the town of SC can simultaneously have so many photogenic folks alongside some very... interesting-looking individuals. 

I was extremely disappointed by the nonchalant “chat” around and about the threesome subject. 
I thought that we (non-promiscuous gays) were finally having proper representation of the NON-mainly-sex-themed storylines, so this threw me for a loop bigtime. Then the very emotional portrayal of the father-son-in-law chat about devotion to eachother felt somewhat contradictory to the recent random sex-driven potential. 

i was just sad that such an ordinary, and non-all-encompassing, notion just popped up and messed with the sanctity of their relationship. 

• Love 1
On 1/13/2021 at 4:42 AM, HawaiiBrian said:

I was extremely disappointed by the nonchalant “chat” around and about the threesome subject. 
I thought that we (non-promiscuous gays) were finally having proper representation of the NON-mainly-sex-themed storylines, so this threw me for a loop bigtime. Then the very emotional portrayal of the father-son-in-law chat about devotion to eachother felt somewhat contradictory to the recent random sex-driven potential. 

i was just sad that such an ordinary, and non-all-encompassing, notion just popped up and messed with the sanctity of their relationship. 

Having a threesome when your partner is one of the 3 is not promiscuous. Nor does it indicate anything regarding your devotion to each other or the sanctity of their relationship. It would just be a fun sex thing that they did together.

• Love 3
On 2/20/2020 at 10:31 AM, lovett1979 said:

I agree about wasting Jake, though. It would have been soooo much more interesting if it had just been the 3 of them, actually hanging out and seriously contemplating the threesome. And honestly, whether they did or didn't go through with it, I think it would have been more entertaining (not to mention somewhat groundbreaking) television.

I realize I'm replying to this a year later but we just watched this episode. Regarding the above, this storyline was done on Brothers & Sisters (gay couple contemplating a threesome) in an episode that aired in 2009. I really thought this episode of SC was also going in that direction.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:01 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

Bob and Roland both give me the willies - it's amazing how the town of SC can simultaneously have so many photogenic folks alongside some very... interesting-looking individuals. 

Ugly. They're ugly. No need to mince words.