Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E07: Week 7 - Peru

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, reggiejax said:

Perhaps, but couldn't that be said of all The Bachelors? Obviously we don't really know these people, how they were raised, or what they've had to endure, but I'm fairly certain that, to a man, none have come from disadvantage. A lot of them are "to the manor born", literally in Prince Lorenzo's case. Even "Farmer Chris" comes from a very successful farming family. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, as I get the feeling there is probably one of these guys who did have to scrap for everything he's achieved. In any event, I don't think if Peter has had an easy time in life that it makes him unique here.

All that said, I do think he's one of the bigger dopes this show has ever seen fit to cast as the lead.

I agree that a lot of them are pretty fucking pampered.  However, Peter also seems more soft in his emotional resilience, if that makes sense.  Like he has no clue that stuff gets messy and there aren't easy solutions and people still survive.  Ben was like this, too.  Maybe I am too old for this show.  I didn't even have a cell phone when I was 28 and my parents weren't monitoring my love happenings.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, reggiejax said:

Perhaps, but couldn't that be said of all The Bachelors? Obviously we don't really know these people, how they were raised, or what they've had to endure, but I'm fairly certain that, to a man, none have come from disadvantage. A lot of them are "to the manor born", literally in Prince Lorenzo's case. Even "Farmer Chris" comes from a very successful farming family. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, as I get the feeling there is probably one of these guys who did have to scrap for everything he's achieved. In any event, I don't think if Peter has had an easy time in life that it makes him unique here.

All that said, I do think he's one of the bigger dopes this show has ever seen fit to cast as the lead.

Peter never left his family bubble. Same for Chris, though being a farmer he probably at least interacted with lower income people. Colton made NFL practice squads which meant he spent time in diverse locker rooms in college and the NFL, close quarters with others not like him. Peter grew up a prince and never left his castle it seems by how his parents act. My point was more about peter's limited exposure to people unlike him, not wealth or white.

• Love 3
On 2/10/2020 at 7:21 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Does Peter’s mother have an agent yet?

On last week's group date Peter said he grew up watching telenovelas with his mom and grandma. Mama Weber has obviously taken many cues from the genre.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:23 PM, Arkay said:

Natasha seems like a cool girl but Peter was never into her. 

She never seemed to be into him either. She was obviously there to travel and get on the short list for BIP. Not that I blame her.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:49 AM, nlkm9 said:

She’s an attorney and she came up with the time is “windling” away? What a finasco! 

She really needs to cut the malapropisms in the butt.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, JenE4 said:

I think that’s exactly what Luke did. He calmly said that if she slept with someone else, that’s a deal-breaker for him. Hannah was the one who then flew off the rails with the whole slut-shaming rampage, bragging about the multiple windmill activities. I recall Luke just standing there dumbfounded as Hannah screeched at him and practically shoved him in the car. Luke was smarmy the way he kept weaseling back, etc, but that was one instance where I don’t think he did anything wrong.

He asked to pray over Hannah when she trying to get him to leave. There was a very condescending, "holier than thou" subtext to that.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:07 PM, Just Carol said:

One doesn't "friend" another person

One does, on Facebook.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

The Saturday Night Live parody has the bachelor saying, "I love that," in response to everything the women say. Even though I've watched every damn season of the Bachelor/ette/Pad/Paradise franchise, that was the only thing that I thought they got wrong in the skit. I was mistaken. I really started noticing it this week!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Peter grew up a prince and never left his castle it seems by how his parents act.

That's because he still lives AT the castle.  With his parents.  As an adult with a full time job.   At the age of 28.   He's a catch. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I agree that a lot of them are pretty fucking pampered.  However, Peter also seems more soft in his emotional resilience, if that makes sense.  Like he has no clue that stuff gets messy and there aren't easy solutions and people still survive.  Ben was like this, too.  Maybe I am too old for this show.  I didn't even have a cell phone when I was 28 and my parents weren't monitoring my love happenings.

He’s very much a mommy’s boy. He’s indecisive, a waffler, and has a problem saying no. Say what you will about Ben Flapjack, he didn’t let the inmates run the asylum and had no problem cutting the drama and tattling in the butt, so to speak. Peter let the contestants run the show because he’s weak and sees a female figure as an authoritarian. 

• Love 4

If he's always flying and spending nights at hotels inbetween flights then makes sense not to pay rent for a home he is at days out of the month. Waste of money. 

I agree with his mom too on the cultural aspect.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, valen said:

He travels so much. I think that's the reasoning behind it.

2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

If he's always flying and spending nights at hotels inbetween flights then makes sense not to pay rent for a home he is at days out of the month. Waste of money. 

I agree with his mom too on the cultural aspect.  

I agree with this. I have my criticisms of him, but Peter is a physically attractive, nice young man who makes good money. I’d say he’s a catch. With him not being at home so much of the time, why waste money on rent? Housing in a good area is expensive. Not worth it just to say you’re out of the house imo. I’m sure if he gets engaged he’ll get a nice place for him and his fiancée. Also true that in many cultures, you live at home until you’re married anyway. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, LBS said:

Wait, isn't he 31?  And he still lives at home?  

And yes, as a pilot, he's away, but he's home a lot too.  Plus, who would want to come "home" to their teenage bedroom?  With mommy cooking and doing laundry still???

This causes him to lose points for me, sorry.

There are a lot of occupations that involve travel.  In my 20's, I traveled a ton for work, but I still enjoyed coming home to my own place, decorated by me, dinner cooked by me.  So I don't buy the excuse that because he travels, he can't/won't get his own place.  

I buy that Mommy Peter's over-involvement in Peter's love life has caused him to arrest his development at teenage boy level, hence why he's so interested in the youngest, post-teenage girls.  
His attraction for these girls is a combination of mommy (he loves the ones who were beauty contestants) and youth (he's....14??? emotionally, I'd say).

• Love 5
On 2/10/2020 at 7:05 PM, SallyAlbright said:

Between the Bachelor and The Stranger, there's been a lot of alpacas in my life this week. 

Not something I thought I'd be saying. 

At least The Bachelor alpacas are alive. (R.I.P. Louis)

On 2/10/2020 at 7:26 PM, SallyAlbright said:

Madison seems to be the only one in the house that everyone likes and no one ever had a problem with. That makes me like her.

She desperately needs a bucket of conditioner thrown onto her hair though, I have never seen so many split ends on this show. It distracted me from her constant "likes."

On 2/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, Adeejay said:

There is no way in heck that Peter was going to let Victoria go before the Fantasy Suites. No way. He has the hots for her.  

Aww we know nothing will happen there, except for loads of tears. If he is holding out for that, he won't get it.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Not sure who peter picks , he seems most into Madison .. but chances are next bachelorette will either be hannah Ann or Madison . Attractiveness wise , I think Hannah has a prettier face .. but Madison has a kelly kapowski vibe and look to her . We’ve done the virgin bachelor story line twice .. but Madison would make the first virgin bachelorette so I’m sure she’ll be the lead . This show has a fascination with virgins . 

Madison has terribly mistreated hair though....

On 2/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, Arkay said:

Hello, Hooked. Yes, I wish to plant my flag here. There are many arenas in which I would not excel, but I have a Master's in English and have taught the subject for 26 years. I would absolutely expect someone with a J.D. to exhibit mastery of the English language. I've spent my adult life correcting the language and writing of children, along with helping them to cut down on interjecting "like" in every sentence. I recoil every time these Bachelor characters use terrible grammar, and this season has been a bonanza for completely artificial words. As she is an attorney, I do judge Kelly for bastardizing the language. 

I have previously mentioned  "finasco," "unsecureness," "ling-er-ee," and other mangled words. It grates on me. So sorry that you find this offensive. 

If it's not corrected now, who knows where it will lead.

This is the first episode I haven't fallen asleep, so that's an improvement. I keep thinking Victoria F. must be a plant, but they have effectively shredded her reputation with all the rumours about her, so I can't see it as a viable explanation. Then I think to myself, no matter what kind of drama Peter has grown up with, it could never be as infantile as Victoria in her constant high maintenance tantrums. No man in his right mind would keep her around, and think it's likely that he will have any fun in the Fantasy Suite. Peter is dopey but he can't possibly be that dumb...

10 hours ago, PrePreBabylonia said:

She desperately needs a bucket of conditioner thrown onto her hair though, I have never seen so many split ends on this show. It distracted me from her constant "likes."

I'm fascinated with Madison's horrific hair, too, but I see it differently.  To me it looks like she has poured  a bucket of conditioner (or bottle of Canola oil) over her head and that's why the outer layer looks oily and you can see all the comb marks.  I think what looks like a mass of dry split ends is actually her natural hair, ( which is frizzy and coarse) peeking through. It takes one to know one and my hair would look like that if I was willing to try for a straight look and use all the product well meaning friends recommend.  I don't know the answer for her, but right now it looks like the coat of a dripping wet water spaniel. 

Bless her heart. 

I, also,  think she  uses a foundation that is too dark, thick and dry, reminding me of when I was too young for make-up, so would slather my face with Clearasil to pretend. 

Now I'm getting excited about her possibly being The B'ette and what the experts might do with her!

On 2/15/2020 at 9:52 AM, Sterling said:

Wait, isn't he 31?  And he still lives at home?  

And yes, as a pilot, he's away, but he's home a lot too.  Plus, who would want to come "home" to their teenage bedroom?  With mommy cooking and doing laundry still???

This causes him to lose points for me, sorry.

There are a lot of occupations that involve travel.  In my 20's, I traveled a ton for work, but I still enjoyed coming home to my own place, decorated by me, dinner cooked by me.  So I don't buy the excuse that because he travels, he can't/won't get his own place.  

I buy that Mommy Peter's over-involvement in Peter's love life has caused him to arrest his development at teenage boy level, hence why he's so interested in the youngest, post-teenage girls.  
His attraction for these girls is a combination of mommy (he loves the ones who were beauty contestants) and youth (he's....14??? emotionally, I'd say).

I know someone who owns a duplex just south of the Ft Lauderdale airport. 2/1, limit of three people per unit. She rents each unit for 1,200.00 per month. All her renters are flight attendants and pilots. With electric and cable/internet, it runs each renter about 480 per month.  Area is nice, centrally located. The pilots can totally afford it. I’d much rather pay that than live under my mommy’s thumb. I can see him doing it for the first year or two, but continuing to live under his parents roof when he can well afford to live on his own shows how immature he is. 

I assume he’ll be a pilot as a career for decades. Will he always live with his mother? Even cruise crews who don’t make anywhere near as much as pilots buddy up and use the roommate system while they’re ashore.

Peter just likes having someone do everything for him. He is an undeveloped adolescent. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 6