Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Whitney Meets the Parents

• Start Topic

This is where is comes in handy for Whit to be 350 lbs. There are so many things about her life and personality that would make any parents upset and worried that their child would want to marry her, none of which have anything to do with her weight. But she can blame it all on her weight if they don’t like her. Just like everything else in life, she can ignore any legitimate concerns expressed by his parents and just call them fat shamers. 

• Love 19

5 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Since Chase is on a TV show with Whitney, it seems like his family surely knows just how huge she is? 

They know now. But this isn't being shown in real time.  So, unless they were watchers of MBFFL before Chase got "involved" with Whitney,  at the time she met them they would only know about Whitney from Chase. (She isn't nearly as famous as she likes to think she is.) Maybe he told them, but I wouldn't put it past the producers to ask him to spring it on them, so they could capture their genuine reaction.

Or maybe he told his family he was going to be on a cable TV comedy-reality show with Ryan, where Ryan introduces him to the lead, and Chase is playing her love interest.  So the whole visit thing is just fake for the show and they shouldn't worry when he shows up with this massively obese woman, pretending to be dating her. Or maybe the producers met with the family, checked out filming locales and coached them on how to be "real" on a reality show.

Or maybe he knew after they had been dating for a couple of weeks and become "exclusive" that Whitney was the Love of His Life, and he wanted to share the joy with his family.

"Umm, there's one thing you should know, dad, about this incredible, beautiful, talented woman I think I am falling in love with , , , ,"

Who knows?

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I had said that I wd be dismayed mightily if my son brought home Twit as his bride to be. 

Yes, I definitely would... after I got to know her. I did mention that her health and childbearing inability wd also  be a deal breaker for me.

Well, I watched a repeat of Mike and Molly last night. It was one where she and her MIL fight and say some blunt comments to each other. 

I realized that I love Molly and wd be happy to know her as part of my family.  Mike too. 

And I remember Molly's storyline of difficulty to conceive,  etc. But damn, she is likable and lovable.

So it's personality over obesity for me. 

I know Molly and Mike did have a baby, but adoption is always an option too for grandchildren. 

No to Twit though.  EVER. She's toxically narcissistic.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Tosia said:

I had said that I wd be dismayed mightily if my son brought home Twit as his bride to be. 

Yes, I definitely would... after I got to know her. I did mention that her health and childbearing inability wd also  be a deal breaker for me.

Well, I watched a repeat of Mike and Molly last night. It was one where she and her MIL fight and say some blunt comments to each other. 

I realized that I love Molly and wd be happy to know her as part of my family.  Mike too. 

And I remember Molly's storyline of difficulty to conceive,  etc. But damn, she is likable and lovable.

I know Molly and Mike did have a baby, but adoption is always an option too for grandchildren. 

You realize, though, that you don’t get a vote, right? The only person who gets to vote for “spouse of adult child” is the adult child?

• Love 9

To play Devil’s advocate, I mean Whitney’s a mess but besides her being fat I think she could hide her nonsense long enough to meet his family for the FIRST time and for all we know Chase and his family could be a bunch of thieves, bums, or crazies so they’d feel Big Whit were a catch, at least money wise.  

ETA: To be clear I don’t know anything about Chase’s family....I’m just saying they could be worse than Whitney....I mean it’s possible although maybe not probable.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

To play Devil’s advocate, I mean Whitney’s a mess but besides her being fat I think she could hide her nonsense long enough to meet his family for the FIRST time and for all we know Chase and his family could be a bunch of thieves, bums, or crazies so they’d feel Big Whit were a catch, at least money wise.  

She can't disguise that braying laugh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 2/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, Tosia said:

I have to admit when I read your first post I cringed a bit, because of the "I want grandchildren" part. I'm glad to see this new perspective. It's one thing to want something, but to reject and/or mistreat someone because they can't or won't give it to you is cruel. Maybe it's the several partners' parents in my past that have mistreated me because I don't want kids, but it really did rub me the wrong way. Dislike Whitney because she's Whitney, though, I'm here for that. 🙂

• Love 13
On 2/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, Irate Panda said:

ETA: To be clear I don’t know anything about Chase’s family....I’m just saying they could be worse than Whitney....I mean it’s possible although maybe not probable.

Chase's  father is a very successful and  respected  businessman in  NC, according the  article  I read. (Another  article  incorrectly  stated that  Chase's  father was  deceased. According to the  article I read,  it was his father's  father who died in  2014).

• Useful 2
48 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Chase's  father is a very successful and  respected  businessman in  NC, according the  article  I read. (Another  article  incorrectly  stated that  Chase's  father was  deceased. According to the  article I read,  it was his father's  father who died in  2014).

Well, that’s good to hear, I only said that because of Whitney’s propensity to pick up DUI fellas, addicts and international scammers.  If his family is completely  normal well as much as a family could be, that will make the interaction more telling when the real Whitney presents herself whenever that is. Are Chase’s parents still married or divorced?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

Well, that’s good to hear, I only said that because of Whitney’s propensity to pick up DUI fellas, addicts and international scammers.  If his family is complete normal well as much as a family could be, that will make the interaction more telling when the real Whitney presents herself whenever that is. Are Chase’s parents still married or divorced?

I think they're  still  married to  each other.  Article  doesn't  really  say. 

https://www.earnthenecklace.com/chase-severino-wiki/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

I think they're  still  married to  each other.  Article  doesn't  really  say. 

https://www.earnthenecklace.com/chase-severino-wiki/

Just based on looks, they are a cute family.  Glenn’s successful, so I won’t just them until they’re on the show, I just question anyone from a normal family picking Whitney as a wife, unless like the parents were normal and the kids bad seeds lol. I wonder how much of this is Chase on his own versus Ryan prodding.  With that said fake or real thus far I enjoy the show more with Chase and Ryan. Ryan refusing to kiss Whitney’s ass and Chase eating into Buddy’s airtime are both wins for me even if I don’t particularly care about either of their storylines.

After watching the rafting episode, it’s like Ryan, Jessica, her boyfriend, and Chase belong on a show like Road Rules —-youngish fit people doing physical challenges and Whitney and the old gang belong on My 600 lb life.....an obese person and her enablers.  It’s an odd mashup.

• Love 13

I doubt we will know what Chase’s family really thinks about the relationship. If the show story is that they are unhappy about it, it will be scripted to be all about her weight and they will be billed as fat-shamers. If the show depicts them as being happy about it they will still script some fake story to go along with it so whatever his family really thinks won’t be what we see on the show. 

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I doubt we will know what Chase’s family really thinks about the relationship. If the show story is that they are unhappy about it, it will be scripted to be all about her weight and they will be billed as fat-shamers. If the show depicts them as being happy about it they will still script some fake story to go along with it so whatever his family really thinks won’t be what we see on the show. 

I agreed it will be scripted to whatever angle the producers want to push. On the off chance, it is real, I doubt his family would actually express their displeasure on screen. IF it were real, the most I could see them doing is pulling Chase aside and say he’s rushing things or has he thought about it being long distance.  Last resort might be the age difference in regards to kids.

I can’t see them going on tv and calling her a fatass, even if it were something they actually believed.  The only way I would think it possible is if production handed them a paper saying”Enter livingroom, see Whitney, and speak just loud enough to a family member as to be overheard by Whitney, ‘She’s fat! Therefore totally unacceptable for our son’”. There might possibly a clause in their contract, offering extra cash, if this were filmed anytime near St. Patrick’s day, and one of them  can work in the phrase, “ I ain’t never seen no fat leprechaun!”

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Just based on looks, they are a cute family.  Glenn’s successful, so I won’t just them until they’re on the show, I just question anyone from a normal family picking Whitney as a wife, unless like the parents were normal and the kids bad seeds lol. I wonder how much of this is Chase on his own versus Ryan prodding.  With that said fake or real thus far I enjoy the show more with Chase and Ryan. Ryan refusing to kiss Whitney’s ass and Chase eating into Buddy’s airtime are both wins for me even if I don’t particularly care about either of their storylines.

After watching the rafting episode, it’s like Ryan, Jessica, her boyfriend, and Chase belong on a show like Road Rules —-youngish fit people doing physical challenges and Whitney and the old gang belong on My 600 lb life.....an obese person and her enablers.  It’s an odd mashup.

Where did you see pictures of  Chase's  family? His father is  on FB (and not a bad looking dude) but there are  very few pictures  and none of  Chase's  mother. 

By the way, Chase's  dad's  name is  Harry, not Glenn. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Colleenna said:

He is one of the lower level salesmen at a Mercedes dealership. Which I am sure pays the bills just fine but very successful and respected businessman is a pretty big stretch to describe his social standing.

Edited by John M
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't know why there's so much pressure on women to have kids.  People get so hung up on passing their genes along but we have enough humans in the world already. 

I wish I could like this a million times! 😀

• Love 17
3 hours ago, John M said:

He is one of the lower level salesmen at a Mercedes dealership. Which I am sure pays the bills just fine but very successful and respected businessman is a pretty big stretch to describe his social standing.

Just reporting what the article  said.  You know  this how, exactly?

9 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Where did you see pictures of  Chase's  family? His father is  on FB (and not a bad looking dude) but there are  very few pictures  and none of  Chase's  mother. 

By the way, Chase's  dad's  name is  Harry, not Glenn. 

Didn’t the link you posted of the story about him have his family posted at the bottom.   Yeah I meant Whitney’s dad Glenn seems successful but it doesn’t stop him from being and enabler, so I was gonna reserve judgement of Chases family until they were on the show.  I’m the story link there’s a pic of a family around the table so I assumed they were chase’s.  I know that’s his sister.

• Love 2

Here is the thing- say my brother called me and said he met a new lady and liked her, one would normally say, wow that is great, where did you meet -etc...also probably what does she do for a living - would I want to hear this response? Welp, she is a dancer that knows no new moves a twerker that dances shaking her ass whilst her brother films it, her laugh sounds like a hyena in heat, pees in hot tubs, makes out with tongue on her cats, slobbers over some gross dude named Buddy, has poor hygiene and can't reach her ass to wipe. 

Me - CLICK 

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, John M said:

Well I guess to me a man with a decent job that supports his family, a family that seems to be happy and loving with each other is successful. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

Well that's a bit harsh. I'm a healthy weight and I exercise and you know what? I don't want kids. Ever. And I would never have kids just to make my parents or my in-laws happy.  And if my husband's parents told him to dump me because I don't want kids, he would laugh at them because he wouldn't be with me if he wanted kids. 

This!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm not sure if I'm even on the right board for tonight, but why, for the love of all that's holy, does Buddy think he has what it takes for improv? He's hardly a comedian. He has no grasp of cultural norms or current events (think George Carlin or even Chris Rock). Why would anyone want to hear from him?

I know right? He says "improv needs you to be quick and funny" and sadly he's neither.

The mountains have (tried to) claim their sacrifice. Whit better be careful; that's how elephants die!

Edited by PupCal
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I never wanted kids, either. From living in extremely remote locations to moving around from duty station to duty station, it would have been a miserable life for a kid anyways. I also have conditions I did not want to pass on to another generation for them so suffer with. And call it selfish, but I also enjoy being able to work overtime and take on additional projects because I don't have to worry about kids. 

I don't know why there's so much pressure on women to have kids.  People get so hung up on passing their genes along but we have enough humans in the world already. 

Because we who have kids could never imagine our lives without them...you will never know the joy until you have them.   My sons are in their late 20s and neither of them wants kids.  Their wives dont either, and i respect that.   But im a little sad to know they will never know the awesomeness of having children.  I dont push them though...its their decision.  But if I believed like them, I wouldn't even be talking about it now would I!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I’m barely hanging in there to actually watch this shit show. I’m pretty much over all things Twit. The only reason I’m still here is That I can’t wait to see this “relationship” go down in flames!  (that and the snark here) If my son brought home a loud mouthed, obnoxious, no talent, pseudo dancer I’d drag him to the nearest shrink for a thorough evaluation asap. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
Spoiler

7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I never wanted kids, either. From living in extremely remote locations to moving around from duty station to duty station, it would have been a miserable life for a kid anyways. I also have conditions I did not want to pass on to another generation for them so suffer with. And call it selfish, but I also enjoy being able to work overtime and take on additional projects because I don't have to worry about kids. 

Because we who have kids could never imagine our lives without them...you will never know the joy until you have them.   My sons are in their late 20s and neither of them wants kids.  Their wives dont either, and i respect that.   But im a little sad to know they will never know the awesomeness of having children.  I dont push them though...its their decision.  But if I believed like them, I wouldn't even be talking about it now would I!  

• Love 2

I have a diabetic dog who also has two separate eye drops and allergy pills, all of which require specific timing. As a result I will never trust anyone to give him meds. In the rare event I travel, to board at the vet he goes. I would never trust a “bro” to care about him like I do.

• Love 13

Even Babs knows that Twitney is “good in small doses”. Jesus. Is the goal of this season to make her even more fucking awful and unrelatable? Because it’s working. She is so beyond full of herself. And - tbh - if I were Chase’s family I’d be hesitant as shit to embrace this woman. I mean - outside of her being super-morbidly obese - their son also met this braying twit on a freaking REALITY SHOW. Gah...I just can’t with this nonsense.  

• Love 14
On 2/9/2020 at 11:27 AM, Ketzel said:

Or maybe he told his family he was going to be on a cable TV comedy-reality show with Ryan, where Ryan introduces him to the lead, and Chase is playing her love interest

Spot on @Ketzel! This is exactly what I think and probably most people think! 

• Love 4

Again, if I were so flipping heavy I sank a foot into the sand while my boyfriend was comfortably on top not sinking, I would be mortified! And then her precious dinner leggings were ruined? You fish in a “crick” in your dinner leggings? 

And the break up begins to be foreshadowed with this silly buddy/fishing fight. (I’m assuming I’m behind)

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Also watching Buddy at his improv gives me the most second hand embarrassment I’ve felt in a while. Someone should mercy-kill his expectations because it’s beyond painful to watch. I don’t like Buddy - but the way they’re framing him during these “performances” makes me sad. He doesn’t have the talent, wit, intelligence or charisma to succeed so it almost seems that the show is mocking him.

• Love 20

God bless whoever shares the snark from this episode so I can fast forward to anything interesting because I got 6 minutes in and I just can't.

What a pathetic narcissist pretending to be incredibly insecure. Whatever Whit, since you apparently have all this fucking free time and money to burn can you like do anything even a little bit about not you at all? Go fucking clean cat cages at an animal shelter, at least people will think you have some redeeming qualities that Chase would be interested in because he sure as fuck doesn't care about your selfish and proformative pretending to care about your friends that you treat like shit constantly which is the only thing that you do that I think you think reflects well on you.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

Again, if I were so flipping heavy I sank a foot into the sand while my boyfriend was comfortably on top not sinking, I would be mortified! And then her precious dinner leggings were ruined? You fish in a “crick” in your dinner leggings? 

And the break up begins to be foreshadowed with this silly buddy/fishing fight. (I’m assuming I’m behind)

So in Whitney’s defense, mud like that can suck you down no matter what your weight is. Notice that one foot was stuck much deeper than the other. 

24 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Also watching Buddy at his improv gives me the most second hand embarrassment I’ve felt in a while. Someone should mercy-kill his expectations because it’s beyond painful to watch. I don’t like Buddy - but the way they’re framing him during these “performances” makes me sad. He doesn’t have the talent, wit, intelligence or charisma to succeed so it almost seems that the show is mocking him.

Do we think that Buddy actually thinks he can make a career at improv? If he was doing this just a hobby, because he enjoys it, I’d respect that. I take piano lessons (I’m old) and I’m awful but I don’t aspire to be a concert pianist - just to have fun.

• Love 5

My son brought his intended over on Christmas Day (when I was recovering from the flu and still had to make a dinner, but I digress...). This was our first time sitting down to meet. The son had met her parents; now it was my turn.

Anyway, I like her. Much more friendly and sweet than wifey #1. I cannot imagine if the son showed up with someone like Twit. I would have to advise him to re-think because this would not turn out well. She is not feminine, not homey, and other than that TV show, I don't know what kind of career prospects she has. Nope. Not marriage material for my boy.

Of course, you have to be careful when you diss your child's intended - that's how I wound up married to his father. 😃

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Here is the thing- say my brother called me and said he met a new lady and liked her, one would normally say, wow that is great, where did you meet -etc...also probably what does she do for a living - would I want to hear this response? Welp, she is a dancer that knows no new moves a twerker that dances shaking her ass whilst her brother films it, her laugh sounds like a hyena in heat, pees in hot tubs, makes out with tongue on her cats, slobbers over some gross dude named Buddy, has poor hygiene and can't reach her ass to wipe. 

Me - CLICK 

And don’t forget farting in her friends faces! Poor Todd got that and the chub rub cream.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2