Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: The Incident

• Start Topic

Moira was so alive while playing with social media, and it was adorable how she thought  getting 5 likes means she went viral. I hope the Crows movie does well once it comes out.

I loved how neurotic David acted about what happened in the beginning of the episode, and it was understandable too. Kudos to Patrick for being so cool about it.

• Love 12

Moira's skirt was amazing. love how she just dons that to go to a jazzagirls rehearsal. According to WornonTV, it's an MSGM skirt, originally $700 or so, now sold out. And Alexis' little skirt and top is actually a one piece dress, from Yoox, about $400. I do so love the fashion on this show.

Poor David. That's a humiliation I'm not sure you come back from. Patrick was so sweet about it. I loved how David said if situations were reversed, he's not sure he could say the same (about no divorce), cuz that's so David.

Such a funny episode.

• Love 14

Patrick and David continue to be adorable. 

Amazing to see Moira proudly showing off the town she loathed (and the Jazzagals). She would never have done that a season or two ago. I got teary thinking of Stevie going out and finding a different life. Wonder if they're setting up Johnny taking over Rosebud Motel and expanding by buying the other one, and all or some of the Rose family remaining in Schitt's Creek.

I love this show so much. So glad enough people recommended it to me that I watched despite my aversion to Chris Elliot (which remains, but doesn't ruin the show for me). 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Darian said:

I got teary thinking of Stevie going out and finding a different life.

That part surprised me. She was visibly concerned while talking to Johnny about her ambitions/dreams and she was very touched when he accepted them and offered support. It makes me think someone shunned her for having dreams before which destroyed some of her confidence, she wouldn't act that way otherwise. Like, she was surprised Johnny was okay with her following her dreams.

• Love 5

I love how Patrick accepts EVERYTHING about David, even wetting the bed. He didn't get upset or freak out. He just told David to take a shower while he changed the sheets. And I loved that he refused to leave the cafe until he watched Alexis delete the video in question. He really is the best.

Hearing everyone remind Moira of how much she loathed social media was hilarious, but it was so sweet to see her happily livestreaming everything in town, especially compared to when the internet thought she was dead and she didn't want anyone to know that she'd been in Schitt's Creek.

I wasn't as interested in the Johnny/Roland/Stevie plot but I'm glad that Stevie is thinking about leaving town and spreading her wings. I just saw a play where someone said that there are two kinds of people: the kind who live and die in the town where they were born and the kind who get the hell out. There's nothing wrong with being either kind of person but considering that Stevie seemed to share David's disdain for Schitt's Creek when he first arrived, I think it would be great for Stevie to travel and see other places. Being away from the town might make her realize that she actually likes it. The only negative aspect about this is knowing how sad David will be not having his BFF around anymore.

• Love 11

Even if Moira knows nothing about social media, I would totally follow her on every platform possible! Her delight at streaming the town was hilarious and also rather endearing, considering how ashamed she used to be of being seen in Schitt's Creek. You dont need to use a hashtage when your talking Moira! 

Patrick just accepts David totally for who he is no question, its really so sweet, no matter how awkward and embarrassing it can be. Poor David, thats just next level embarrassing. Patrick didnt even get upset a little bit, he just moved onto problem solving and trying to tell David not to freak out and make it a big deal, even as David inevitably freaked out and made it a big deal. The ending with them was really nice too. "I have never found you more attractive." 

I hope that Stevie can go out and explore, even if her leaving David and Johnny and the hotel behind makes me sad. She seemed so surprised that Johnny was supportive of her, its sad that she seemed to go into the conversation assuming it would end with him telling her dreams were stupid, and heartwarming that it isnt how things ended. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

I enjoyed this episode, but it's one of many episodes that raises one of my biggest issues with this show - that Patrick is basically a wish-fulfillment dreamboat.

He has no flaws, aside from a few hiccups about coming out of the closet. Why did this smart, handsome, charming, ambitious man (with a Broadway-quality singing voice) move to Schitt's Creek again? So that he could work for Ray, and live with him? Huh? Even if he was just trying to get away from his fiancee, this seems like the last place he'd choose.

I don't buy for a second that David, stuck in the middle of nowhere, would luck into finding this ideal guy, who just happens to find David's selfishness and snootiness endearing.

It would all be a lot more plausible for me if he wasn't so adorable, and he was dealing with some serious issues of his own. Like, say, he was living with his parents while recovering from a substance abuse problem. It would take real growth on David's part to accept someone like that.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I enjoyed this episode, but it's one of many episodes that raises one of my biggest issues with this show - that Patrick is basically a wish-fulfillment dreamboat.

He has no flaws, aside from a few hiccups about coming out of the closet. Why did this smart, handsome, charming, ambitious man (with a Broadway-quality singing voice) move to Schitt's Creek again? So that he could work for Ray, and live with him? Huh? Even if he was just trying to get away from his fiancee, this seems like the last place he'd choose.

I don't buy for a second that David, stuck in the middle of nowhere, would luck into finding this ideal guy, who just happens to find David's selfishness and snootiness endearing.

It would all be a lot more plausible for me if he wasn't so adorable, and he was dealing with some serious issues of his own. Like, say, he was living with his parents while recovering from a substance abuse problem. It would take real growth on David's part to accept someone like that.

Well you are completely right. Both Ted and Patrick are unrealistically patient and good for the siblings. Alexis is at least stunningly beautiful and easier to get along with than David. But yeah not many would put up with them in real life they are too high maintenance. This point was actually raised to Dan Levy during an interview I think the GMA one but he didn't have anything to comment on it. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Harvey said:

Well you are completely right. Both Ted and Patrick are unrealistically patient and good for the siblings. Alexis is at least stunningly beautiful and easier to get along with than David. But yeah not many would put up with them in real life they are too high maintenance. This point was actually raised to Dan Levy during an interview I think the GMA one but he didn't have anything to comment on it. 

I think David is hot. They’re both good looking.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, pigs-in-space said:

I think David is hot. They’re both good looking.

He looks fine but he is not above average in the looks department like Alexis is. Of course neither is Patrick so they balance each other out. 

• Love 2

Dan Levy is a stunningly handsome guy. I think Patrick is a cute button, but not especially handsome. (it's the hair. in recent pics, where he's grown it out, and in fact is sort of sporting Dan Levy hair, I think he's hot).

• Love 14
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Considering how many people are in relationships where one of them is a high maintenance drama queen and the other one is totally calm and rational, David/Patrick and Alexis/Ted don't seem that far fetched to me.

Moira/Johnny

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Is the motel really doing so well that they can afford to buy another one? That seems like a huge leap in their financial standing. Or maybe Johnny was planning to take out a loan using the Rosebud as collateral. This does make me think this is the direction they're heading in as the series winds down, with Johnny growing a new business and getting back on his feet, probably buying Stevie out. Hopefully they will wind up living somewhere nicer than that crummy hotel room by the time the show ends.

Chris Elliot is not my favorite but he did have one of the best lines in this episode, when they were saying the motel owners' names (Betty and Bennie, I think) and he said "What are they, puppets?" 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 1/15/2020 at 12:08 AM, GSManiac said:

Less Roland please and thank you

I feel like Roland is the only regular character on this show who hasn't shown any sign of growth in 6 season. He's exactly the same guy he was in S1E1. Which is too bad because he could have grown that character a lot. Even a little improvement would have probably brought a lot of fans to his side.

I've been rewatching from the beginning on netflix and I've found that I can ff thru all Roland scenes and it doesn't detract from the story at all. The best thing about Roland is Jocelyn. I love Jocelyn and I'd hate it if we'd lost her character because they axed Roland. Maybe they could have killed Roland in the first episode.

Rewatching also reminded me what a dud Mutt was, but what did I expect really.

I would hate to lose Stevie but this is the final season so I guess I was going to lose her anyway.

• Love 4
On 1/16/2020 at 7:57 AM, Blakeston said:

Totally agree with all of this. Their relationship always feels like such a fantasy to me and it really lessens my enjoyment of the show. I don't think there's anything dramatically interesting about David and Patrick together, and I feel like the show is always asking me to be smitten with them and their perfect love. I also don't think they have any romantic chemistry, it always feels so forced to me when they're in any way intimate. I know I'm in the minority, but I feel like Schitt's Creek took a major downward turn with Patrick's arrival.

• Love 9

I love the idea of the Roses being the impetus for Stevie to spread her own wings and leave Schitt's Creek. 

Cannot stand Roland. The show morphs into a different kind of show whenever he is in a scene. Conversely, I love Jocelyn (and her hair looks a bit better). 

As we all know, nothing is really gone forever from the internet. 

• Love 3
On 1/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, Blakeston said:

That's getting at an inconsistency that's even more central to the show than Patrick. The premise of the show through the first season was that Schitt's Creek (the town) was a truly terrible place to live. Gradually the show's conception of the town changed, to where it became a pretty upscale, progressive small town! I never understood how this was supposed to have happened, unless the Roses themselves were responsible for the town changing. (But it has never been clear if we were supposed to believe that.) Anyway, the town Schitt's Creek magically changed into could be a town Patrick would plausibly want to live in.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 2

As to the above post, I think that the Rose family did help improve the perception of Schitt's Creek just as Schitt's Creek helped improve the perception of the Roses.  Moira did add value to the Town Council-things did start to look better after her efforts.  David brought a unique shop to the town that benefited local producers (just like he helped up the ante for the owner of Blouse Barn).  The relationship between the Roses and the town helped each other grow.

• Love 15
(edited)

Well I think it's also that the Rose's themselves are changing.  They assumed the town was shitty--pun intended--because it wasn't their palatial city home in the thick of high society.  Perhaps Schitt's creek has always been charming and progressive and they are just able to appreciate it now.

Also, David and Patrick are perfectly matched.  Patrick is not perfect...he can be sarcastic, and his little hairy mustache is not great. He didn't share with David that he was previously engaged to a girl or share with his parents that he was involved with a guy for well over a year.    Of course he's freaking adorable because he's so sweet and loves David so much, but their relationship seems very yin/yang to me and I LOVE IT. 

I think David/Dan is yummmyyyyy

Edited by Mama No Life
  • Love 11
On 7/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Mama No Life said:

Well I think it's also that the Rose's themselves are changing.  They assumed the town was shitty--pun intended--because it wasn't their palatial city home in the thick of high society.  Perhaps Schitt's creek has always been charming and progressive and they are just able to appreciate it now.

Also, David and Patrick are perfectly matched.  Patrick is not perfect...he can be sarcastic, and his little hairy mustache is not great. He didn't share with David that he was previously engaged to a girl or share with his parents that he was involved with a guy for well over a year.    Of course he's freaking adorable because he's so sweet and loves David so much, but their relationship seems very yin/yang to me and I LOVE IT. 

I think David/Dan is yummmyyyyy

Patrick should always be clean-shaven. I hate his facial hair.

• Love 3

Just now getting to watch these episodes, I'm trying not to burn through them. I love David & Patrick together, they make total sense to me. Patrick is amused by David's theatrics because he knows David has a good heart underneath all that. He can also see it in the rest of the family and I like how he and Stevie get a kick out of it while still caring about the Rose's.

• Love 4
On 1/16/2020 at 10:57 AM, Blakeston said:

OMG I felt so strongly about this, I am only on this forum to see if anyone else felt the same... and here you are!