Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Eh, that FB clip is just another thing that no one will ever see on the "real" program. If Britt stinks that much, how could what's-her-name be sitting next to her? I laughed when she said she didn't shave her legs. Obviously, she's got Chris pegged for "not worth it."

Hooray, a woman who isn't primping CONSTANTLY to make herself "irresistible" to Prince Farming. Britt gets my vote for next b-ette.

As for her "smelling" vs. tats: I can't smell her through my tv. I can see Kaitlin's weed arm tats, and hear her obnoxious crude "jokes." And, as Mu Shu has pointed out, everyone has a different level of body odor. I doubt Britt is that difficult to get close to.

So there's that.

• Love 3

I have a friend who only showers once a week and pushes that at times.  Her hair is very curly and prone to frizz.  It takes a very long time to style it.  If she showers, keeping her hair out of the shower spray, it will frizz from the steam.  She bathes but does it bird bath style.  She is very clean and never smells.  Do not underestimate the power of the bird bath.  Looking at Brits hair, I am guessing that is what is up with her. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Michelle Money's extremely rude, uncalled for comment about Britt was just based on jealousy--probably having heard she didn't make it to F1 and was a favorite for the next TBette. Anyone with half an ounce of class would never say that about anyone on television--much less about a woman you've never even met.

And on live tv, too. She knew it couldn't be edited out. Really bitchy move, there, MM. Made me feel very sorry Britt, even though she's probably the most beautiful b-ette this season)

I don't know - seems to me if Britt cared so much about people knowing her showering habits or lack thereof, she wouldn't do it while filming a reality show where anything filmed and discussed in front of the cameras is fodder for the producers to use at their will. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Michelle Money's extremely rude, uncalled for comment about Britt was just based on jealousy--probably having heard she didn't make it to F1 and was a favorite for the next TBette. Anyone with half an ounce of class would never say that about anyone on television--much less about a woman you've never even met.

And on live tv, too. She knew it couldn't be edited out. Really bitchy move, there, MM. Made me feel very sorry Britt, even though she's probably the most beautiful b-ette this season)

Production probably put her up to it.  Anything that creates buzz gathers more viewers.  They probably wanted TMZ or Buzzfeed to pick it up.  

Edited by wings707

Michelle Money is always right in there to say smack about contestants that she's never met and is only seeing on tv along with the rest of us. Could MM be ... GASP! ... a famewhore looking for press time/quotes/video clips, another invite to YOPO? Gee, go figure. Wasn't she busted a while back saying something mean about someone else that she later recanted? I remember that, just not the details.

Britt might not be one for group showers, which is what some reality shows have available for contestants. A friend who was on one show on a cable network got up VERY early to shower before everyone else got there and walked through the open shower room, including production crew.

Do not underestimate the power of the bird bath.

THIS. Absolutely true.

Until the Britt-never-showers clip airs on ABC, it's a non-entity. Maybe it will come out at ATFR, like the guy who, it was revealed, never washed his hands. But I doubt it. If Britt does make TPTB mad, however, THEN the clip will air and be talked about.

Edited by saber5055

The clip was already on the ABC website and called sneak peek, so I'm sure it'll be in next week's episode. They always show people receiving the date card.

There's always footage that's in sneak peeks that never makes it to the episode. Just this past week, we were teased a full-blown rage fest by Ashley S. ("[bLEEP] all of y'all!"), and never got to see it.

Everybody in the cast seems to be joking about it, so for me "IT" really isn't anything yet.  Maybe she's found a way to be clean and hygienic without sharing a shower daily with 8 other women.  I STILL think she swims in the pool then hoses off outside.  I certainly would in that house!  *LOL*

I won't be jumping on the "She's disgusting" bandwagon before any explanation is even made on the show. 

• Love 2

There's a link on the previous page, to a sneak peek of Monday's episode where Carly and Britt are discussing Britt's getting a one on one. While they're waiting for the date card, Britt talks about how excited she is and how she might even shower and they get into a discussion about Britt's not showering much. Then Carly has an ITM where she basically says Britt hasn't showered since they moved into the house and she's not really sure why and doesn't understand it. 

There's a link on the previous page, to a sneak peek of Monday's episode where Carly and Britt are discussing Britt's getting a one on one. While they're waiting for the date card, Britt talks about how excited she is and how she might even shower and they get into a discussion about Britt's not showering much. Then Carly has an ITM where she basically says Britt hasn't showered since they moved into the house and she's not really sure why and doesn't understand it.

Maybe Britt is a never-nude. (Arrested Development reference)

• Love 3

It doesn't appear there are any good choices for next bachette from a production standpoint.   A retread, perhaps? 

I would love to see Clare from JPs season as the lead.  

• Love 3

Here is another peek into next week.  Brit will not be the next bachette.  She is emerging as the villain of this season. 

http://www.eonline.com/news/619247/whoa-is-a-villain-finally-emerging-in-this-bachelor-sneak-peek

Huh, funny I  watched that clip and came away thinking Kelsey is the one clearly emerging as the season's villain and we already know from the episode preview shown that she's going to pull a dramatic "I'm so hurt" that annoys the other women.  Also there were a few comments in last week's episode, from Katilyn, basically calling Kelsey phony with how she clearly was not having a good time on the camping group date but whenever Chris was around her laugh and grin would be the over the top and exaggerated to the hilt.

Yes the women looked a little jealous and bothered listening to Britt talk about her date but some were watching Jade the same way when she had her Cinderalla date (Witney even ITM'ed that she was jealous plain and simple), many looked very bothered and even annoyed listening to Mackenzie go on and on about how many times she and Chris kissed during their one on one time. But I haven't seen any indication of anyone disliking either of these women. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Here is another peek into next week.  Brit will not be the next bachette.  She is emerging as the villain of this season.

Huh, funny I  watched that clip and came away thinking Kelsey is the one clearly emerging as the season's villain and we already know from the episode preview shown that she's going to pull a dramatic "I'm so hurt" that annoys the other girls.

That's right. Britt annoys everyone for just one scene, and then Kelsey emerges as this season's Crazy One. (It's never a well-liked girl who gets medical attention for dubious reasons.) That was foreshadowed last week, with Kelsey declaring herself above the others ("This is a date made for bimbos") and Ashley I. complaining about her artificial levity whenever Chris is around.

That's right. Britt annoys everyone for just one scene, and then Kelsey emerges as this season's Crazy One. (It's never a well-liked girl who gets medical attention for dubious reasons.) That was foreshadowed last week, with Kelsey declaring herself above the others ("This is a date made for bimbos") and Ashley I. complaining about her artificial levity whenever Chris is around.

I think there is plenty for room for 2 villains!  

• Love 1

I would love to see Clare from JPs season as the lead.

I actually like Clare, but I just can't see the producers putting her on a franchise show for the THIRD time.  We know too much about her, and her freakouts, rants and meltdowns on both TB and BIP are legendary at this point.  Not to mention her terrifying family with what, 5 sisters or so?

In her favor though, the contestants would know EXACTLY the kind of woman they would be encountering.  Though bringing a raccoon to the mansion would be strictly optional.  *LOL*

• Love 4

Maybe but all I'm saying is I didn't see anything in that clip that made it seem like Britt was emerging as a villain. 

My point is that she is not getting the next bachette edit.  Under the umbrella of Villain (verbal shorthand), fall many behaviors and I think Britt may have earned a spot.

Her chat with Chris last week showed her lying and manipulating.  Her posture with the other women, when she returned from her date, was smug and unaware.  That is not a good behavior.  Editing chose to include that.  The other women don't like her, now, if they didn't before.

Personally, I don't work myself into a lather of much on reality TV.  I am just watching the story lines unfold. 

I don't really see anyone working themselves into a lather about this. And I was the one stating on the previous page that I didn't think Britt would be the Bachelorette based on how she seems to have faded in the last few episodes, so I'm certainly not convinced she is getting the next Bachelorette edit. All I'm saying is that I watched the clip and came away with a complete different impression. That is all.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I don't really see anyone working themselves into a lather about this. And I was the one stating on the previous page that I didn't think Britt would be the Bachelorette based on how she seems to have faded in the last few episodes, so I'm certainly not convinced she is getting the next Bachelorette edit. All I'm saying is that I watched the clip and came away with a complete different impression. That is all.

I know that is what you meant.  We are just talking about it.  :>)   My lather comment was about me in general so no one would misunderstand that I cared more than just curiosity on the villain label.  

ETA and not related directly to this post:

Telling the woman they took a nap was unnecessary.  That is the one item that alerted me to a nasty side.  She could have finessed that, I thought. 

And yeah, Leighdeer, Clare would never be chosen for the reasons you mention.  I have a soft spot for her. 

Edited by wings707
Brit will not be the next bachette.  She is emerging as the villain of this season.

Eh, just cause Kristen Dos Santos says it doesn't make it true.  She manages to hype non-existent things all the time.  I think she learned it from Ausiello.  I also agree that the clip did not seem to make Britt "villain-like."  And RS seems convinced she's the front-runner for next Bachelorette.  I certainly don't see anyone else emerging for that spot except maybe Becca.

I think the not-showering thing is far more damaging to her becoming a Bach'ette than anything else, so that does seem weird if the producers are trying to set her up well.  But then, maybe they're planning to use that for the hook for her season:  "Britt: She doesn't shower.  She's down and dirty.  If you want to get dirty with Britt, apply today!"

• Love 1

Eh, just cause Kristen Dos Santos says it doesn't make it true.  She manages to hype non-existent things all the time.  I think she learned it from Ausiello.  I also agree that the clip did not seem to make Britt "villain-like."  And RS seems convinced she's the front-runner for next Bachelorette.  I certainly don't see anyone else emerging for that spot except maybe Becca.

I think the not-showering thing is far more damaging to her becoming a Bach'ette than anything else, so that does seem weird if the producers are trying to set her up well.  But then, maybe they're planning to use that for the hook for her season:  "Britt: She doesn't shower.  She's down and dirty.  If you want to get dirty with Britt, apply today!"

This is the first I have heard of her. 

ETA:  duh, just googled her. I know who she is!  I don't read her stuff.  It was my persona take.  

Edited by wings707

Oh, poo.   Britt  never showering could mean she doesn't shower every single day, or that she swims daily and rinses off.   It's clear her hair is clean, and she looks like one of those enviable people who doesn't sweat much.    Yes, bird baths help, and I admit to doing them before work when pressed for time.    On the weekends if I'm not around other people, I will skip showering.     Contrary to what some of these OCD females think about being perfectly clean and deodorized daily or even twice daily,   men like a little natural smell, they just do.     Farmer Chris has smelled worse than Britt. 

• Love 3

How many Next-Week DRAHMA previews have we seen on ABC that have been misleading and never happen? Oh, I don't know ... maybe ALL OF THEM?

Britt "not showering" is an online snippet and could mean anything. Maybe she had just gotten up and was lazying on the couch when she was told she needed to go shower. Who knows. Those TB editing monkeys play with us all the time. I, for one, am not falling for it.

I don't see anyone standing out as next b-ette so far, but it's only week 4. Brit, at least, is nice to look at. In a Gia kind of way. So I vote for her. 

• Love 1

You know, I was wondering if I had missed any explanation for Michelle Money's bitchy comments about Britt. Well it turns out Michelle was on the money about Britt not showering. Though if you had read any of Michelle's tweets after the premiere, you would have thought she was being severely misunderstood, and there would be something humorous that would explain all. But no, it looks like the wizened old crone of Bachelor Nation is perfectly understood to be the catty bitch she is. 

As for Britt, I doubt she emits any foul odor, but there is no way this bit of info is being put out there if there is any chance she is going to be the Bachelorette. America can deal with all sorts of psychological disorders and anti-social behavior, but it will not tolerate a smelly as America's Sweetheart, even if she in fact magically smells like roses even at the three week mark. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 1

While Britt is definitely beautiful, the biggest reason I'm picking Kaitlyn as of now (again the season still has many episodes to go so that could change), is that I feel like Britt is sort of fading into the background. The difference with Ashley and the whole deal about most of the guys hoping it had been Emily (which never made sense to me since Brad had picked Emily so I never figured why the guys would think she was the Bachelorette, unless it was all bullshit) is that Emily had a huge presence in Brad's season. She made it to the end, was his pick, we heard ad nauseum about Ricky's death, etc. 

So far, I'm not seeing that with Britt. She had a big presence in the first episode but the last couple ones she's sort of gotten lost in the crowd, only being picked for group dates, where there's barely any one on one time shown with her and Chris and we really haven't learn much about her. I am actually genuinely surprised and baffled that Britt hasn't gotten a one on one yet considering she got the first impression rose. I would think Chris, who swears he's so serious about this, would have wanted to spend some alone time with the person who first caught his attention to see if there's truly something there. Instead she's just kind of there and every once in awhile pops up to make out with him, until this past episode of course, where she almost didn't get a rose for questioning Chris' actions.

On the flipside, Kaitlyn's getting a lot of camera time,  ITM's, focus on her personality, showing her to be funny, a guy's kind of girl but still beautiful and sexy. I can definitely see guys being into her. However, who knows, maybe Brit will have a one on one this coming week and my opinion will change entirely. 

And yet who actually found a partner?  Ashley!  Because she weeded through the men who were there just for looks or because they hoped she'd be Emily.  GOOD ON HER!

• Love 2

I watched the video with Britt, it seemed to be some joking around about shampooing and showering. Maybe she's in the pool a lot, and doesn't shower after.

I don't think some joke about not taking a shower means she NEVER showers. perhaps it related to a previous discussion of daily shampooing, as there is some evidence that too frequent shampooing is bad for hair.

I'm reminded of the Bachelorette lie detector episode, when one guy said he DIDN'T ALWAYS wash his hands after using the bathroom, and it was taken to mean he NEVER did.

• Love 2

I'm reminded of the Bachelorette lie detector episode, when one guy said he DIDN'T ALWAYS wash his hands after using the bathroom, and it was taken to mean he NEVER did.

Yep, that was Dylan.  And didn't he later relate something about having to take a leak while during a golf match, and of course there was no bathroom there?

Context is key.   It was the same thing as now with Britt, some people piling on with the "OMG, he's/she's Soooooo gross and disgusting, OMG, OMG, OMGGGGG!!!"

And all without knowing the circumstances, just blindly going by producer editing and conversation snippets.

I'm not seeing that on THIS board, but I've seen it elsewhere.  And she could be completely guilty of heinously unhygienic behavior, we just haven't actually gotten any proof yet.

• Love 2

When she and Carly were speaking, it did sound like some sort of teasing/ragging with each other. What made me think it was true was Carly's ITM where she pretty emphatically states that Britt doesn't shower and has this baffled, amused look on her face, saying she doesn't really understand why and that who knows, maybe it is something Chris would like. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I watched the video with Britt, it seemed to be some joking around about shampooing and showering. Maybe she's in the pool a lot, and doesn't shower after.

I don't think some joke about not taking a shower means she NEVER showers. perhaps it related to a previous discussion of daily shampooing, as there is some evidence that too frequent shampooing is bad for hair.

I thought the conversation between Britt and Carly was joking around as well, but then Carly went on to talk about her lack of showering in a TH like she seriously doesn't understand why. And she said Britt hasn't done it in weeks. If she did hose off outside or take baths then I would think Carly would be smart enough to understand that. Or not shampooing everyday, because it's not necessary for most people and is actually good for one's hair, as evidenced by Britt's mane. There must be more to it, especially since it even made it back to Michelle (who BTW was a bitch to bring it up in the premiere). I know she's close to the production crew, but I doubt they'd inform her about some random joke.  

Britt doesn't look dirty, and I've yet to see anyone react to any major smell emitting from her, so I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. How, exactly, does Carly know if Britt took a shower at all so far? Does she follow her everywhere? Did Britt tell her? Are the showers monitored? It could be true, but it could also just hyperbole. I don't know how the whole bathroom situation works in the house, with so many of them do they have designated bathrooms, how many share, is there a schedule? Who knows. Britt looks at least as hygienic as the rest of them so whatever.

The most interesting thing about it all is Michelle's bitchy comment about it at the live show. Why would one even say that? Bring it up? Was she paid to? Or just a jealous bitch trying to take down one of the prettiest of the new crop, who has a similar-ish sex kitten look about her? Afraid Britt will take her place in the B-Nation? IDK, it's all very weird and kind of interesting in an I'll forget about it until I read this thread again kind of way.

• Love 1

Yeah, I thought MM heard that from her buddies in production. CH looked shocked she said it, it didn't benefit the vibe he was going for at all about Britt, so I think she's just bitter, jealous, bitchy. Not paid to say it or even expected to say it. I don't see how Carly would know if Britt showers or not. They're not together every minute. And Britt is always hugging or sitting very close to others with no reaction from them so... makes no sense, imo.

Here are some spoilers from tomorrow: http://www.ibtimes.com/bachelor-2015-spoilers-what-will-happen-episode-5-eliminated-contestant-return-1801712   River rafting and another night party? Really? Chris CANNOT entertain nine women for an evening, he's just so dull! Another exploitative "sexy" disrobing for "one lucky woman" and Chris? Britt moves to the front of the line again? And another discarded contestant returns?

And Kelsey reveals she, too, is widowed, but instead of getting sympathy the girls hate her even more, dubbing her "the Black Widow"? Really?

Well, at least Santa Fe should be nice (unless its just represented by a mud pit like SF, except that a hot air balloon lifts up from this one). When do women start to leave on their own? It's hard to believe, without the lure of trips abroad, that anyone would still be thinking about Chris, "This is the guy for me!"

Edited by Padma
  • Love 2

I dunno, I think it will. It seemed like a longer clip from an actual episode rather than a preview with short flashes spliced together, so that no one will hopefully remember what they saw anyway. Though maybe they put it out there to gauge people's reaction and will take it out now that people went "eww". Never know with this show.

It will depend on the edit Britt gets when she leaves. But, she's beautiful so right there is The Right Reason to become next b-ette.

I've found her to be mainly artificial (mainly posing and looking at Chris with big eyes as if to hypnotize him) and what I think of as phony in her behavior with him.  

I really can't see her as the Bachelorette.  I am probably weird but because of how her personality comes across to me, I don't think of her as beautiful.  Good structure, yes.

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 2

I see Britt as phony, as well.  Her chat with Chris was manipulative and it appears she lied about some girls saying they are thinking of leaving because Kaitlin taking off her bikini bottom.  Not bachette material from where I sit but who knows. 

RS made a point against Becca being chosen and it makes sense.  Lately they have been announcing the next lead at the finale because filming begins immediately after.  Awkward to be F2 and then be announced as next lead at the finale, especially if she is devastated.  And that is likely.  

So who does that leave?  Kaitlin doesn't seem to fit the mold nor does Jade.  Carly?  Will we have seen enough of her?  

• Love 2

Let's be honest, Carly is nowhere near attractive enough to be TBette. Even if Becca appeared not at all heartbroken, there's the virgin thing. Who knows what kind of season that would be. It's either Britt or someone outside of this cast (who, I have no idea).

Let's be honest, Carly is nowhere near attractive enough to be TBette. Even if Becca appeared not at all heartbroken, there's the virgin thing. Who knows what kind of season that would be. It's either Britt or someone outside of this cast (who, I have no idea).

Yeah, I am with you on that one. 

Carly is at least 30 percent better looking than Jillian was. With a makeover she would be gorgeous, but she's sort of awkward and dresses like a golden girl

By Jillian I mean homely Canadian Jillian, not muscles Jillian

Edited by Mu Shu

As long as it's not Andi coming back for a retread, I'll be fine with whomever.

I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh and snort through my nose. Does nose snorting qualify me for next b-ette? 

Aww, I liked homely Canada Jillian. Although Muscles Jillian would make for an interesting b-ette: "If you can do THIS, you get a one-on-one date with ME!"

Agree Carly isn't cut from the right cloth for b-ette. I still think it's Britt. TPTB don't care about fake and wooden as long as their main character looks good. *coughjakeseancough* And an actress would be a big plus. She could practice her lines on the guys. I'm totally up for that!

• Love 1