Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Interesting if so many leave voluntarily, including Britt. Not sure it would make her a good candidate for TBette, though (remember Brooks). I guess it depends on the reason.

I didn't dislike her, but I thought she was playing him from the beginning--the long hug and overwrought tears right out of the limo, her "hug card" to promote intimacy from the beginning "I want to be the one you go to if anything's wrong", the idea that meeting each other was such a special unique moment (already!) in both of their lives, etc. I didn't disagree with the strategy and I thought she pulled it off masterfully, but I did think it was contrived.

So when she decides he's not right for her, that -she's- the one making the decision kind of makes sense. In time, he might find someone else, but she knew that she had him wrapped around her finger from the beginning.

I didn't mind Whitney's voice, but she seemed lacking in personality (of course, difficult to "meet" in a group "date" on television). I pretty much couldn't stand Kaitlyn (dislike joke-tellers since they're rarely the ones who see actual -humor- in real life situations and I dislike unfunny crude jokes, and apparently she's got a million of them.) No idea at all who Becca is. 

Chris H was a little more abrupt and edgy, even mean-ish, to Chris than I expected although post-show, he has been only complimentary. Promises to be another train wreck of a season! (And how could any guy watch the JP season and not remember to "keep it in your pants"?)

• Love 1

zombie paint balling sounds like an amped-up version of his ghosts in the graveyard game--I was sure we'd see an iteration of it this season :p

Britt's acting is ok in that Innocent Attraction short, but the content/theme left me a bit...unsettled.

• Love 1

It will be interesting to watch Britt.  I feel certain she is on there for a career boost and possibly the next bachette.  When she found herself at #6, I think she realized that she was very possibility Chris' first choice and had to bail.  I believe her tears are very real.  It must have been a heart wrenching experience to walk away knowing it would be hard for Chris.  

• Love 4

When she found herself at #6, I think she realized that she was very possibility Chris' first choice and had to bail.  I believe her tears are very real.  It must have been a heart wrenching experience to walk away knowing it would be hard for Chris.  

I do, too. I know she's an aspiring actress, but I also think she's a good person who didn't know what she'd gotten herself into.

• Love 2

Lacking any evidence to the contrary, I'll give someone a two-birds-one-stone benefit of the doubt. Someone could get a career boost and get a relationship out of it.

I am all for going on this show wanting a career boost and maybe getting love at the same time!  Absolutely.  I fault no one for doing this. I have been a big supporter of agenda's on this show since day one.  More power to you.  Many have benefited.  When it comes down to it everyone is looking for love.  So why not go for both?

• Love 2

Posted by Reality Steve, though I don't really think it's a spoiler.  Maybe it should go in the episode thread, but I don't like putting anything there connected to Steve, just for safety's sake.  I think it's cute. 

From Whitney's Twitter feed.....

Whitney Bischoff @whitbisch  ·  Jan 7
The best thing about tweeting is that you can't hear my voice #thebachelor #owningit
0 replies 19 retweets 111 favorites
Reply  Retweet19  Favorite111
More

• Love 1

It will be interesting to watch Britt.  I feel certain she is on there for a career boost and possibly the next bachette.  When she found herself at #6, I think she realized that she was very possibility Chris' first choice and had to bail.  I believe her tears are very real.  It must have been a heart wrenching experience to walk away knowing it would be hard for Chris.  

I'm hoping she was sincerely really, really interested in Chris as she seemed from the very moment out of the limousine. I don't blame anyone for going on just for a career boost, but she really overdid the "I'm so into you already!" of the first night if that was the case. Hopefully, she was sincere (I'm still skeptical) and just realized he wasn't right for her as time went on (which could, IRL, really happen, rather than the usual Stockholm syndrome-thing this show specializes in). If she was just leading him on to get more camera time, then realized he was going to choose her--"oh,oh"--I wouldn't have any respect for her at all.

I always wondered if any of the Bachelor/ettes would stop production once they thought they found "the one". I remember reading years ago that Chris Harrison said it was tough to edit Trista's season because it was so obvious that she & Ryan really found love.

Someone stated before, Graham was it for DeAnna, Frank was it for Ali (I'll NEVER understand what she saw in Roberto), Catherine was it for Sean, so it makes me wonder if a contestant could stop filiming? Maybe because it's so producer driven that they wouldn't let them. I always hate to see the ones you think will be chosen voluntarily leaving bc you know they have a real connection. It makes me wonder why they all choose to leave.

If she was just leading him on to get more camera time, then realized he was going to choose her--"oh,oh"--I wouldn't have any respect for her at all.

Call me cynical but that's where I'm at with this spoiler that she eliminates herself. I guess I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say that she probably was genuinely attracted to him but I definitely think she came to the show hoping to make it to Final 4, maybe even Final 3 but far enough to get a lot of camera time and be remembered. However she had no intention of getting engaged and no desire to be his pick but the more the numbers dwindled down, she started realizing there was a very, very strong likelihood he was going to pick her and so she bowed out.

I guess one could say it's admirable that she left knowing she didn't feel the same rather than carry it on til the end. But definitely not buying the innocent/naive notion that she may not have known what she was getting herself into. She knew...she just didn't anticipate Chris falling so quick and so hard for her, making her eventual exit after an appropriate amount of time and enough camera time, seem less likely. And ultimately leading to her having to eliminate herself.

I always wondered if any of the Bachelor/ettes would stop production once they thought they found "the one". I remember reading years ago that Chris Harrison said it was tough to edit Trista's season because it was so obvious that she & Ryan really found love.

Meredith and Ian! Meredith and Ian! Must've been VERY HARD to edit that season, since Girlfriend was DONE once she found him. That was my most favorite ever season because they were *it* for each other -- no one else came close.

I also think, once she recovered from the Bentley (was that his name?) debacle, the little dentist -- shit, what was her name? -- was set on JP and that was about it. The producers stretched hard to make it seem that Ben had a chance.

Sorry, not spoiler related. Just re-living old B'chette memories.

• Love 2

Extensions are over (long ago)  and no one got the memo except Kelsey.  Ugh.  Whitney, no.  Your face is waaaaay too long to have long hair, too.  I am never mean and not proud I am saying this about a young perfectly nice woman.  But facts are facts.  Lose the hair, get a current mid neck cut and get some elocution lessons. People have told you, all your life, that your voice is cute, it isn't.   Good you made fun of yourself on Twitter.  Bravo on that one but I do think it is in response to the criticism you have gotten about this.  I think you may be shocked the world does not see it as cute.  

Now I am going back to being a decent human being. 

I am glad she and Chris found love.

Okay back to mean wings. 

This has no way in hell of working.  She is too high maintenance for the farm life.  And having just listened to that interview with Chris, he DOES want his life on the farm to continue.  He is serious about that.  You will tire of the 4 hour drive to Chicago to get your hair done and Chris is going to tire of not being able to run his fingers through your hair.  Now if you have clip ins, no problem, you can just take them out, so there is that.  And you can get your color formula and trust a local hair stylist to apply it (good luck on that). 

Okay back to nice wings. 

I am so happy they found each other!  Chris will get used to your long face.  Oops, slipped up on that one.  

• Love 4

I also think, once she recovered from the Bentley (was that his name?) debacle, the little dentist -- shit, what was her name? -- was set on JP and that was about it. The producers stretched hard to make it seem that Ben had a chance.

Sorry, not spoiler related. Just re-living old B'chette memories.

That was Ashley! I loved her season & you could tell she loved JP because she got so upset that her sister didn't like him during the family visit. They did it right after their season, returning to normal out of the limelight aside from sporadic appearances.

For once, I wish they would stop the show as soon as they know, like at final 4 or 5 when you knew it was Ashley & JP. That would make drama! Letting the rest go, putting it all on the line that your pick loved you too & it would make one hell of a tell all special.

• Love 1

Meredith and Ian! Meredith and Ian! Must've been VERY HARD to edit that season, since Girlfriend was DONE once she found him. That was my most favorite ever season because they were *it* for each other -- no one else came close.

That actually was the season that came closest to production stopping because the star had found 'the one'. After their night in the Fantasy Suite, Meredith really did want to quit and the producers and Ian had a heck of a time convincing her to carry on. Remember how she was really really late, like hours and hours late, for her date with Matthew? Too bad they didn't make it long term but I can also understand Ian's reasons for calling it off.

• Love 1

Meredith/Ian! My all time favorites. And yeah, you could just tell since early on. There was no hiding that chemistry.

I hadn't seen anything similar on that show until Chris met Britt. If he could've shut it down right then and there he would've. But I agree with the speculation that she shuts it down because she truly didn't have any intention of being The One!

That was Ashley! I loved her season & you could tell she loved JP because she got so upset that her sister didn't like him during the family visit. They did it right after their season, returning to normal out of the limelight aside from sporadic appearances.

For once, I wish they would stop the show as soon as they know, like at final 4 or 5 when you knew it was Ashley & JP. That would make drama! Letting the rest go, putting it all on the line that your pick loved you too & it would make one hell of a tell all special.

I'm a bad person but what I loved about this was Ashley's face when Flapjack proposed.  She looked stunned and horrified to the point of inaction.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  Like I said bad person.

• Love 2

There's just no way in hell they would stop filming just because the lead had made up his or her mind. Not to sound too cynical, but abc spends its money to produce 10-11 episodes of a TV show, with a genuine love connection being a nice by-product. Even if they could recoup their money (a good deal of it must be up front) they'd have several hours of programming to make up for, and re-runs are not an option this time of year.

• Love 2
This has no way in hell of working.  She is too high maintenance for the farm life.  And having just listened to that interview with Chris, he DOES want his life on the farm to continue.  He is serious about that.  You will tire of the 4 hour drive to Chicago to get your hair done and Chris is going to tire of not being able to run his fingers through your hair.  Now if you have clip ins, no problem, you can just take them out, so there is that.  And you can get your color formula and trust a local hair stylist to apply it (good luck on that).

Putting on my Iowa hat here (I grew up there):  I know you are being snarky and that is okay with me.  But [snip] don't think the only places to do things near Iowa is in Chicago, IL or Des Moines, IA.  There are plenty of other towns and cities in Iowa that have hair salons, shopping, restaurants, jobs, you name it.  I lived in Iowa for a very long time, and I never had the need to go to Chicago (I have been there since then a couple of times), and I rarely went to Des Moines.  I lived near a great college town, and had another great small city available to me as well.  Even my small hometown was okay to live normal life.  I am just saying that she very much has a chance at a great life in Iowa.  Though not always glamourous, it is actually really nice for day to day life.  She won't have to be stuck on the farm every day even if Chris wants to stay in Iowa (as he indicates he does).

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 4

But didn't Chris say it was at least 20 miles from Arlington (pop 400-i.e. really, really small ) to ... somewhere significantly bigger?  20 miles isn't terrible, terrible, but it's not close, either, esp. when you're dealing with weather and roads.

I spent the last 2 years of high school in Illinois, very close to Iowa.  The closest "big" town was pop 3.500, and included a hospital, grocery shopping, limited other shopping, a library, and a few restaurants which were good, but not fine dining by any stretch of the imagination.    When you really wanted to shop or find a variety of dining and things to do, you drove 50 miles.    The 10 mile option filled your immediate and emergency needs, and the 50 mile option was like a once a month thing.  You generally did the 10 mile option weekly.   I don't recall the roads ever being totally impassable.     As long as you have a couple of close friends and activities,  it's not a bad way of life. 

As for hair, well, small town hairdressers are trained the same and have access to the same products and styles of the minute as their mythical big city counterparts..   If anything, they have to depend on the local clientele 100%, so they tend to be able to give their clients exactly what they want.  Lose a client, and there's not really another person to fill the spot right away.    I've had exactly zero small town hair disasters,  and too many ones in Miami/Ft Lauderdale to count.   

That said,   Whitney works in a specialty which probably won't be practiced locally.    She'll have to adapt, or drive to Iowa City, or  the Quad cities, which neither are even as close as 50 miles.      Yes, a nurse can work anywhere, and there's likely a smallish town within 30 miles she can work at, but not in her specialty.     He should pick someone who doesn't have as great a career as Whitney has.     

• Love 1

I've had exactly zero small town hair disasters,  and too many ones in Miami/Ft Lauderdale to count.

This!  I have not gotten in a good haircut in FL for the 10 years I have lived here!  All stylists are not trained the same.  Some seek to educate themselves further than what the schools teach, which is precious little.  

I blame it on laziness, and knowing that new clients will always be there.  in a small town, you really have to please your clients, cuz you ain't  getting new ones any time soon.     I went to school with a guy who would give celebrity  hairdressers a run for their money, and  found most local "celebrity" hairdressers in South Fl to be total crap.    Big city just means more people,  less immediate need for excellence. 

• Love 1

That said,   Whitney works in a specialty which probably won't be practiced locally.    She'll have to adapt, or drive to Iowa City, or  the Quad cities, which neither are even as close as 50 miles.      Yes, a nurse can work anywhere, and there's likely a smallish town within 30 miles she can work at, but not in her specialty.     He should pick someone who doesn't have as great a career as Whitney has.

Consider this: Whitney doesn't HAVE to work. Chris is filthy rich. I have friends, both in the medical field. He makes so much money that she stays home to take care of the property, dogs, is there for repair people and deliveries, and she doesn't have to take a leave from work when they want to fly to Europe or Australia. She keeps up her medical licenses "just in case," something Whitney also could do while she stays home to raise the kids. Trust me, even without kids, it's so nice to have someone at home so the other partner doesn't have to miss work for ... whatever is going on at the house. Just because someone isn't driving to a "paid job" every day doesn't mean there isn't more work to do at home than one person can keep up with. And I don't mean all "the little wifey" stuff, either.

Whitney also could work on a consulting basis, traveling to major cities as an outside medical vendor. I have another friend in the medical field who does this, staying overnight in Chicago while on call there for a day, then going back home.

It's all workable.  And sounds like heaven to me. "Is this heaven?" "No, it's Iowa."

Edited by saber5055

But is Chris really filthy rich?   how much is his net worth when you factor in his debt?   Six thousand acres is fairly big, but I think I also read he raised hogs as well.   Since his main operation seems to be soy/corn,  what would be the use for a filthy rich farmer to  raise a few hogs on the side?    They stink, and they're a lot more work.    Maybe he does his own specialty "Fame  'Ho  Ham"?    Or "Bachelor Bacon"?

Who is the dark  haired girl with the ridiculous eyelashes taking a fit in the preview?    Does she make it far?    How far does drunk Tara make it?    He should pick her, but she probably can kick his ass and take down a 12 point buck before the menfolk.   She's an outdoors girl from South Florida, maybe she hunts boar.   Could help when it's time to process the hogs into Bachelor bacon.  

But is Chris really filthy rich?   how much is his net worth when you factor in his debt?

Only Chris and his banker know that answer.

Six thousand acres is fairly big, but I think I also read he raised hogs as well.

6,000 acres is freaking HUGE. The biggest farm family here works 3,000 acres and that's a major operation. Chris is the one who said he grew corn, beans and raised hogs when talking to one of the b-ettes.

Since his main operation seems to be soy/corn,  what would be the use for a filthy rich farmer to  raise a few hogs on the side?    They stink, and they're a lot more work.

I dated a hog farmer for a while and, if any one mentioned the smell, he just replied: "Smells like money to me." Here are stats on raising pigs: One sow can produce 24 piglets per year, 12 in two litters. It takes a bit more than five months to get the pigs to market weight, 250-270 lbs. Today's market price closed at $64.66 per hundred weight, which means each sow can produce $3,879.60 worth of pork per year, if the hogs are sold at 250 lbs. And that's today's price. It's been as high as $74.13 per hundred weight this past year.

So: If you have 200 sows bringing in $775,920 per year, that's a good reason for "a filthy rich farmer to raise a few hogs on the side." And he raises his own grain so feeding those sows is minimal. He's basically bringing in more than $775,000 per year for basically no investment other than the initial cost of sows and boars. And once a sow or boar is done producing, those guys weight 500-800 lbs. Do the market price math on one of those.

Most hog operations are farrow to finish, meaning they breed/raise the piglets, then feed/grow them to market weight. Takes less than six months to complete that process and get a paycheck. Commercial hog raising is a HUGE business and I doubt Chris has just "a few hogs on the side." That's like thinking he plants his fields all by himself, with a hoe and a bag of seeds around his neck.

By contrast, a cow can produce only one calf per year, which then takes almost two years to get to market weight. Which is why cattle ranchers either raise/sell calves or have a finish/feeding lot to get steers to market weight. And is also why beef is more expensive than pork at your grocery.

• Love 9

We're only one episode in and I've already learned more about farming than ever before in my life! It's making up for some of the brain cells I lose watching the show. 

Well maybe not.  You have to do some arithmetic.  Wine and carb consumption times hours of watching squared by posts on this board are to be considered.  I am not sure of the formula but by my calculations show a huge deficit in brain function, no matter how much we learn about grain farming.  This is not even including the gluten factor. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Maybe I'm just waaayyy to cynical.  But I you guys are talking like someone's actually moving to Iowa after this season?

The way I see this thing playing out:

Chris and his "winner" obviously have to live apart until the FRC airs.  During that time they probably get a few under-the-radar booty-calls.

But no one is moving there before the FRC airs.  And by that time, Chris will have decided that his farm can get along just fine without him while he competes on Dancing with the Stars.

So he and his "winner" will be out in L.A. for at least a few more months, depending on how long Chris lasts on that show.

My guess is, after that, Chris sticks around the West Coast "to explore opportunities" until the contractually obligated appearance at the beginning of the next Bachelor Season, after which everyone goes their separate ways.

Of course, I could be wrong.  But I'm just playing the odds here.

• Love 5

Oh, I'm totally cynical.   I think Chris is an undercover jackass, and I can't wait for him to go all Flapjack on us.   I'm only in it for the humiliation factor.   Yes, that's terrible.   Now where's my wine glass?

• Love 4

Flapjack is out of the winery business.

Honestly, I CAN see Whitney and her annoying voice moving to Iowa. But Chris is going to ride that famewhore train as long as possible and I have a feeling they won't last.

I was watching the F4 last night closely.  I don't mind Kaitlin and I get why she made it far.  Chris is shy and clearly feels comfortable around a woman who can take the lead in a conversation.  In Whitney's bio she said she prefers a man who likes to be pursued so we are going to see more of her doing just that.  Good move with the shots of Iowa liquor last night.  I still struggle with her voice and hair. 

I don't see them making it to the alter.  They are going to have plenty of time to figure that out because she lives in Chicago (4 hour drive) and the farm is very easy to stay and not be noticed.  It is winter now and Chris will have plenty of time to hang out with her.  Yeah, she has a job but they will give her a break and hire someone to fill in for her.  Or Chris will be in Chicago more. 

Becca remained in the background and we didn't see a lot of Jade. 

I am looking forward to Sharleens blog.  She is unspoiled and night one she nailed 3 out of the F4.  Britt was her only miss and easy to mistake.  I think she could have been F1.  We have already talked about what probably happened. 

• Love 1

You guys crack me up. I love reading your posts.

When does the last ep air? I'd say Whitney would have brain freeze if she went to Arlington, Iowa, right now, it's freaking COLDER than the Arctic right now. But then again, she lives in Chicago, one of the worst cities ever in the winter. There they talk about "The Hawk," the wind that blows off the lake and around downtown sky scrapers. It knocks you off your feet and will suck the breath right out of your lungs.

So, maybe they are not such a bad pair.

Plus, Whitney said in Ep. 1 that she could get all those pigs and cows pregnant. Maybe she's not so far off the mark. Big hog and cattle operations breed AI, and so do the larger horse farms. Plus there's embryo flushing and transplants. A lot of that work is done by laymen. Whitney could be a popular visitor around livestock farms. She could ride to farm appointments on the back of Chris's Harley.

Alapaki, just when I was thinking maybe Chris really is looking for a wife, you brought me back to reality. Thanks for that!

Next week: Jimmy Kimmel? REALLY? Oh, please.

Reality Steve is up with his episode recap and mentions that next week's episode has one on one dates with Kaitlyn & Whitney.   So if Whitney is getting her 1-1 date at episode 3, that might mean that she was a favorite from the beginning as episode 3 seems to be the about the time that the final 1 shows up on the radar.  Or at least Ithink that's when; I have a terrible memory for episode details!    It will be interesting to see how Whitney's story arc goes. 

Oh, I've loved Jimmy Kimmel since he did "Baby Bachelor" with his nephew Wesley.   Such a Classic!

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

FYI, Chris runs a grain farm.  They do have pigs but no cattle.

The neighbors have cattle.

Did Kimmel do his pick for Final Rose? I haven't watched him for a few weeks. He usually brings out a board with all the faces on it and choose his winner, and he's usually right. But now this season he's been to the "mansion" and met all the women. That might color his decision.

When he was shown getting out of the limo and sneaking into the house, all that was shown was his legs/feet, and I couldn't help but think, man, that guy is tiny and wearing skinny pants!

And now we all know Chris sleeps with his mouth open.

When he was shown getting out of the limo and sneaking into the house, all that was shown was his legs/feet, and I couldn't help but think, man, that guy is tiny and wearing skinny pants!

My first thought when the guy exited the limo was: long feet. The skinny pants may have just exaggerated their length, ha. I'd forgotten that Jimmy said he was making an appearance in episode 3, until they showed him waking up Chris (I would not be happy being woken up like that).

Speaking of pigs, that's what I thought of Jimmy and Adam Carolla when they teamed up in the '90s when I lived in L.A. and didn't think highly of their humor. But I digress. I have a higher opinion of Jimmy now in general and I'm interested to see how it plays out Monday night.

Edited by KR Vermont

Interesting ideas about Whitney above - she could train to be an AI person and go around to the different farms.  A lot of farms don't care to keep bulls.  I think they pay by the cow so if there's any big dairy operations down that way that could be a nice source of income.

The neighbors have cattle.

Did Kimmel do his pick for Final Rose? I haven't watched him for a few weeks. He usually brings out a board with all the faces on it and choose his winner, and he's usually right. But now this season he's been to the "mansion" and met all the women. That might color his decision.

And now we all know Chris sleeps with his mouth open.

Kimmel said he had too much information to do his normal prediction game this time.  Translate that to ABC telling him to stop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cUSEN0RPM

Interesting ideas about Whitney above - she could train to be an AI person and go around to the different farms.  A lot of farms don't care to keep bulls.  I think they pay by the cow so if there's any big dairy operations down that way that could be a nice source of income.

Plus, at the big-money horse farms, due to medical magic, a world champion mare can now produce multiple foals per year without ever having a foal herself. Whitney could be in for a big time popular profession if she skips from people to animal fertility!

My first thought when the guy exited the limo was: long feet.

You know what they say about "big feet!"

Here I was thinking Whitney may have to get a job at a Maid Rite, when she can actually  jaunt around impregnating farm animals.   The thought of  sour looking hatchet faced Whitney be booping around the countryside with her black bag pleases me for some reason. 

Nope, should have kept Tara.    She could have ringed those hog's noses,  castrated them,  and then served up a plate of steaming mountain oysters without worrying about breaking a nail. 

I would love to work at Maid Rite.   I would work for food. 

• Love 1

Mu Shu, you gotta be from the Midwest. No one else knows what a Maid Rite is, and out-of-staters get offended if they are served a "loose meat sandwich."

I lived there for the last 2 years of high school.   Born and bred in Breaux Bridge Louisiana, though.

The food in Iowa is simple, and phenomenal.    This qualifies as a spoiler, because people just don't know it.

• Love 3

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Yet, I remember on Roseanne they owned the Lunch Box and sold loose meat sandwiches for a couple of seasons. I never knew that was a real thing, though.

Someone else said this already, but I've learned more about farm life in 2 episode threads than I've known in my 40 years (gulp!) of life.