Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Just the Tip

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

"Nobody expects shit from white guys." So so true.

Is Real Will Penguin from Gotham?

Netflix sure doesn't skimp on the gore. They'd never get away with the body chopping scene on Lifetime.

Love doesn't waste time. Yeah, something is off about her.

Wow, Delilah knows something is off about Joe. She's dead.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14

I think Delilah’s math is a little off.  More then 49% of Humanity deserves to die by fire.   But it’s nice to know some people don’t buy Joe’s nice guy persona.

Joe cutting up Jasper was all kinds of gory.   I did kinda get a kick out of him running around with a cut off finger tip trying to get 50 grand while hallucinating about Beck.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Joe cutting up Jasper was all kinds of gory.

The meat grinder scene brought back two memories for me:

The wood chipper scene in Fargo and my mother sending me to the butcher for fresh ground chop meat.

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

"Nobody expects shit from white guys." So so true.

Is Real Will Penguin from Gotham?

Netflix sure doesn't skimp on the gore. They'd never get away with the body chopping scene on Lifetime.

Love doesn't waste time. Yeah, something is off about her.

Wow, Delilah knows something is off about Joe. She's dead.

Yes that is penguin from Gotham.

The more the show goes on the more I feel like it's morphing into Dexter if Dexter also was into sex and love. Not that he never was but in the way Joe is. This is also not a diss. Joe and Dexter just have similarities which makes sense.

• Love 6

Yeah, second episode in and I have some theories about Love. I definitely feel like she's playing Joe in some way, and I have some ideas on how and why. But we'll see if my theories pan out. I'm still sussing her out, but she seems way too good to be true. She's very pushy on Joe when they only just met. Maybe it's because I'm hoping that Love isn't naive and isn't going to be just another victim for Joe. Maybe I want him to lose this battle and have Love play him. 

I definitely didn't expect a hallucination form of Beck, especially not this early in the second season.

I knew, as soon as Joe took Jasper to his secret crime lair that he was as good as dead. That body chopping scene definitely gave me Hannibal vibes, with the contrast between Love making dinner and Joe chopping up Jasper. 

• Love 5

I do not get queasy easily. I was the person that could sit through pathology class and then go to lunch but I literally had to look away during those chop and grind scenes. 

Count me in on being suspicious of Love. 

I know mob people are tough and don't scare easily but how could Jasper's guard not be up after seeing Will in that cage?

Yes that's Penguin from Gotham!

• Love 3

I knew as soon as the mob guy showed up that he was dead meat, literally! He really messed with the wrong guy, which is consistently something people find out about Joe. He seems so harmless, and then all the sudden he is all crazy eyes and knifes. 

Oh real Will, you should have paid attention to your own observation. They never suspect white guys indeed, especially guys like Joe, who come off s so unassuming and normal. 

There is something really off with Love, she is going so hard on Joe and is so into this relationship so quickly, and is so nice and sweet and wonderful, that I really suspect there is more to her. She already hid that Forty is her brother and that her parents own the store she works at, and while that doesent necessarily mean that she has some serious dark secret, like that she murdered her husband or something, but on this show, everyone seems to have a few skeletons in the closet. Just that Joes are literal. 

Delilah is probably next on the list to go, as she has already picked up that there is something off about Joe. 

Joe and his never ending loathing of all things LA is hilarious, he really does feel like he is descending into Dantes inferno. I mean, Pulp Fiction? A movie based on a book? 50 Shades? How is he supposed to live in these conditions?!? 

• Love 7
On 12/26/2019 at 10:30 PM, preeya said:

The meat grinder scene brought back two memories for me:

The wood chipper scene in Fargo and my mother sending me to the butcher for fresh ground chop meat.

For me it was Christopher Moltisanto chopping up dead people in the Italian butcher shop in The Sopranos.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I am missing something about Will.  Did Joe steal his apartment and his identity?  If so, wouldn't Delilah recognize that this was not Will or find it odd he has the same name as the person who rented the apartment earlier? 

Just his Identity which was a false one to begin with.  One scrubbed completely clean.   With a clean identity he rented out the apartments.  

• Love 2

Now what do we suppose really happened to Love's husband? If he existed, that is...

Delilah was a little bit zero-to-sixty in 2 seconds in that last scene.

I sure hope Anavrin offers its employees good health insurance.

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, BaskingsharkGTX said:

Now what do we suppose really happened to Love's husband? If he existed, that is...

7 hours ago, jenrising said:

My question exactly. Something is way off about her story. 

So far I don’t know—or enjoy—Love as much as I did Beck. Beck was a mess, but she was well-developed as a character, and I understood her motivations. Either Love is intentionally being cagey, or the writers need a few more episodes to flesh out who she really is. We shall see. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, BaskingsharkGTX said:

7 hours ago, jenrising said:

My question exactly. Something is way off about her story. 

So far I don’t know—or enjoy—Love as much as I did Beck. Beck was a mess, but she was well-developed as a character, and I understood her motivations. Either Love is intentionally being cagey, or the writers need a few more episodes to flesh out who she really is. We shall see. 

25 minutes ago, topanga said:

It's definitely a different approach. We saw Beck's disaster of a life from the very beginning but Love we don't get dropped right in, so she's harder to know. I actually enjoy the contrast and that Love is so proactive and forward, even as it makes me slightly suspicious of her. 

• Love 5

The show can’t really have Joe fall for the same girl over and over again.    That would get boring and repetitive.   I liked Beck as a character but the first season went out of its way to portray Joe better then it portrayed Beck.    This season the show is actually doing the opposite.   Is Love really this perfect?   No......she can’t be right?   

Edited to add:  i am bored so I am rewatching the season and the Joe cutting up Jasper scene is reminiscent of Dexter’s opening credits and many of the scenes on Hannibal.  Normal things made to look creepy while creepy things look almost normal.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

I love that the party-goer thought Joe was John Mayer.  Penn Badgley has to get that a lot!

I think he looks like James Franco lite.

I find Victoria Pedretti incredibly annoying as Love.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

A big industrial meat grinder can do bones. A home one definitely can't -- well, maybe chicken bones but not big animals. Anavrin's is probably somewhere in the middle as far as grinding power and durability goes. (source: 30 seconds of searching on youtube and google)

• Useful 3
On 12/31/2019 at 1:58 AM, lilwhitelion said:

I love that the party-goer thought Joe was John Mayer.  Penn Badgley has to get that a lot!

I always thought he looked like Mark Ruffalo when Gossip Girl was airing, to the point that I was retroactively annoyed he didn't play the Young Mark Ruffalo in 13 Going on 30. He would have been young enough to still pull junior high off.

"You're a manwhore, John Mayer" has to be one of my favorite lines of the series.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I always thought he looked like Mark Ruffalo when Gossip Girl was airing, to the point that I was retroactively annoyed he didn't play the Young Mark Ruffalo in 13 Going on 30. He would have been young enough to still pull junior high off.

"You're a manwhore, John Mayer" has to be one of my favorite lines of the series.

I can definitely see that!  I love Mark Ruffalo, especially in Spotlight.  

Seems this episode is answering my question from the last episode. 

On 12/31/2019 at 12:58 AM, lilwhitelion said:

I think he does too. He does look a bit like Mark Ruffalo as @methodwriter85 said above, but Penn has finer more angular features, where Mark’s face is more square. Penn and John have more femininity to their faces even as they age, they are “pretty” while Mark has a touch of rigid and a bit of softness which makes him look approachable & friendly.  

Something is up with Love. It’s not just that she’s a widow trying to put herself back out there so she’s a little intense (maybe insecure, scared etc), nah she’s way too emotionally invested in a dude she just met. 

I know I’m years behind the main discussion, but where’s real “Will’s” life/loved ones etc? Will is a persona he cultivated, but the guy in the box has an actual life, isn’t anyone LOOKING for him??

I like Delilah (I wonder if her name is intentional- it likely is).