Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think they did a great job with this funeral, especially when you consider the fact that they specifically waited for the regular writers to come back to give it the proper justice. It was rushed and the editing was choppy. Lucas not delivering a speech and Felix being the only one to offer him condolences or comfort him was stupid. It was bad enough that he didn’t find out or get a chance to react to the news onscreen so if they are giving him so little time, they should have made him more than a glorified extra at his own mother’s funeral. The only thing that saved it from being a total disaster was how sad the cast looked and bringing back the BJ actress. 

Completely WTF the way they treated and still treat Lucas. He showed up at Carly's and she thanked him for being there like Bobbie wasn't his mother too. And he had no interaction with Felicia or Maxie or his other sister. Who is even his support system?

This show never fails to disappoint, even in a solemn occasion.

Wardrobe keeps doing Maxie dirty. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Maura was incredible yesterday and I loved Ava reading Esme for filth. 

From the moment she strolled into that room and gingerly laid that fur coat on the table, Maura just slayed.  Avery P. is also receiving some master class lessons from GF. 

Great to see Dr. Lucas Jones, MD.  This show could use more doctors.

While I am grateful for the Bobby memorial, what an ego she must have had.  These past couple of years, her only purpose seemingly was to prop up Carly and was treated with little more thought/care than a piece of lint. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Where's the fellow doctors or nurses? Finn, Portia, etc.

Portia was at GH with Curtis before his experimental surgery. Finn was probably off moping somewhere. I didn't miss Deanna or Amy 2.0. Terry should have been there. As usual, it probably came down to budget reasons.

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But I didn't need, nor want, Bobbie's death to kick off another storyline for Carly.  Especially because it will no doubt lead to finding Jason. 

Same. I hate that SBu is returning. I didn't miss Jason one iota. The ONLY upside is that Carly will drop Drewfus so fast he won't know it happened until a day later, and we'll be done with that useless nitwit. (Sorry, CamMat, you tried.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Portia was at GH with Curtis before his experimental surgery. Finn was probably off moping somewhere. I didn't miss Deanna or Amy 2.0. Terry should have been there. As usual, it probably came down to budget reasons.

The set also looked like it had some size limitations. They had a couple extras fill out the last row so I guess there could have been a couple more cast members attend instead of them but other than that, it looked pretty full. Drew looked awkward standing in the corner during the ceremony and I assumed he did that because there was nowhere for him to sit. That one pew that Sonny was sitting on looked cramped with all 5 of them squeezed in. The main glaring absence for me was Robert. Well other than Monica but I heard they wanted her there but LC didn’t think she could handle the long taping day. 

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think they did a great job with this funeral, especially when you consider the fact that they specifically waited for the regular writers to come back to give it the proper justice. It was rushed and the editing was choppy. Lucas not delivering a speech and Felix being the only one to offer him condolences or comfort him was stupid. It was bad enough that he didn’t find out or get a chance to react to the news onscreen so if they are giving him so little time, they should have made him more than a glorified extra at his own mother’s funeral. The only thing that saved it from being a total disaster was how sad the cast looked and bringing back the BJ actress. 

ITA, but I'll add that GF's delivery of Laura's eulogy also saved it. I felt like she was talking about Jackie Z personally as much as Laura was talking about Bobbie. GF is such a treasure. She made me cry, again.

The regular writers and GH execs had plentyyyy of time to reach out and coordinate with former and occasional current cast members about being included in Bobbie's funeral episode. I saw extras in those pews. LC (Monica), TR (Robert), JJ (ex-Lucky) Kimberly McCullough (ex-Robin) should have been in those seats. I can't believe they weren't interested or couldn't make the time. I can't believe JJ wouldn't want to personally grieve this loss alongside Genie Francis and Becky Herbst. 

I'm also disappointed that at least one of Elizabeth's kids wasn't at the funeral. Aiden is in fact Lucky's son and therefore Bobbie's grand nephew. Since WL is over 18 now, I was hoping Cam would be there during "winter break from college." I remember that Elizabeth would mention Bobbie babysitting "the boys" when they were little. Cam calls Laura his grandmother and Lulu his aunt, so he must also consider Bobbie his great aunt. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 2

I laughed out loud when I realized that this extremely rare, specialized surgery, from this brand new clinical trial that Portia happened to read about----was being performed in Port Charles (!), about five minutes after the surgeon essentially said, "Yep, you'll do".  Really, show?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Completely WTF the way they treated and still treat Lucas. He showed up at Carly's and she thanked him for being there like Bobbie wasn't his mother too. And he had no interaction with Felicia or Maxie or his other sister. Who is even his support system?

This show never fails to disappoint, even in a solemn occasion.

At least they let him speak, eventually. When people came up to Carly to express sympathy and said nothing to Lucas WHO WAS STANDING NEXT TO HER (!!!), I started to think TIIC had limited him to a non-speaking role because it was cheaper.* He did seem to be glowering at the time, rather than looking mournful, so maybe he was pissed off, too.

Leave it to GH to have the person who admittedly didn't know her until adulthood take precedence over someone who was raised by the departed. 

(*Long ago,  I read somewhere long ago that an extra with 3 lines or less was cheaper than one with more dialog, and and have been wondering if what he said amounted to 3 lines.) 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I just thought “there are things I don’t know here” when I saw KS’ wardrobe yesterday. Every other person there was appropriately attired. I know the actress has health problems so I feel icky even touching the subject and will stop there.

Loved the look GF’s Laura gave when LW’s Carly said that you did not have to dig deep to find the similarity with her Carly and JZ’s Bobbie after Laura’s comment in her eulogy about Bobbie digging deep to find good in people. WTF sums it up. Ha! GF forever!

I did not attend a beloved aunt’s funeral because my presence would have caused a stir. Already upset people do not need more drama. JJ’s Lucky not being there made sense to me and one never knows of the actor’s current relationship with the brass. AG’s Luke is dead and there is something to be said for people being done when they say they are rather than the in and out opportunistic folks like SB. LC has known health problems and it was dealt with in script with Willow saying Monica was ill. I have nothing for why Kim was not there, or excuses for them about RC’s Lucas not having equal billing to his sister.

Brighton’s inclusion was beautifully done.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

IDK, isn't Bobbie's nursing legacy enough?  Does she need to be a human trafficking hero in her spare time?

Shade of Epiphany dying saving someone in a car accident. Unnecessary.

• Like 9
(edited)

I actually really like the idea that Bobbie would get involved in this. It makes sense for the character and can springboard good story. What I enjoy far less is the likely endgame where it leads to Jason.

Also: Who exactly is up on the memorial wall at this point? How far back does it go in recent gratuitous deaths lol. Is Sabrina up there? I assume Kiki is. Is Leyla Mir on there? She died in the line of duty.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

From Port Charles (NY) to Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Ontario (Canada) and back to Post Charles in a day (with a bleeding wound on ones head!).

How gullible are we supposed to be? Is this a dream sequence?

The actor playing Lucas looks SO uncomfortable.

Oh my, that ending. I forgive you everything, show!! 😭😭👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
51 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I assume Kiki is [on the GH memorial wall]. Is Leyla Mir on there? She died in the line of duty.

No on both counts. It's the old guard, mostly: Steve, Rick, Jessie, Tony, Lee, Gail, Britt, Epiphany, Bobbie. I probably forgot someone, but it will be someone who died a while ago.

(edited)
2 hours ago, rur said:

At least they let him speak, eventually. When people came up to Carly to express sympathy and said nothing to Lucas WHO WAS STANDING NEXT TO HER (!!!), I started to think TIIC had limited him to a non-speaking role because it was cheaper.* He did seem to be glowering at the time, rather than looking mournful, so maybe he was pissed off, too.

Leave it to GH to have the person who admittedly didn't know her until adulthood take precedence over someone who was raised by the departed. 

I'm so glad I was home today to watch.

FYI the 1/11/24 episode is MUCH better quality as a tribute to Bobbie. I choked up at ex-BJ aka reporter Angela interviewing Lucas, and the memories he shared of childhood with his parents and big sister, BJ.  RC and the actress Breighton both had tears in their eyes. That flashback of Bobbie telling off Tracy about Lucas was great. It looked like LH was struggling not to break down sobbing during the interview with reporter Angela. The Elizabeth-Angela interview, with Maxie at Elizabeth's side, was just beautiful. Great use of history that Elizabeth's trauma inspired her to become a nurse because of Bobbie's loving care. The flashback to Bobbie taking care of teen Elizabeth after the rape was perfectly timed there. 

Felicia's dig to Carly about her not getting invited to parties at the Brownstone way back when was great. So was her truth-telling about Carly re: Tony and Bobbie's split. But excuse me, Carly, you did NOT spend a lot of time with Maxie while Felicia wasn't a part of her daughter's life. Felicia never needed/asked for/wanted Carly's forgiveness, Show. 

The private good-bye scene between Lucas and ex-BJ, really the last 10 minutes of the Show made me cry and grin - and I say this as someone who can't stand Carly. RC, BH, KW, GF, LH, GF, KS, and K Storms all got to shine today and showed their love for JZ. And LW showed Carly being oh-so-surprised that there were aspects of her mother she never knew about. For once, it was not all about Carly and her grief. Awesome.

I really did not see the surprise about Angela/ex-BJ coming because Angela gave Maxie her business card before the episode started.

One question, why was Robert at the hospital with Anna? There didn't seem to be a reason why he wasn't at the funeral or why he's not emotional when he's been informed that Bobbie passed away - and why they didn't mention Robin. I did like Anna falling asleep on his shoulder.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3

Today was Ok, space-time continuum problems aside. I did LOL when LW jumped back from Cornelia swinging the shovel, like she truly wasn't expecting that!!

I also did a "wait what??" at the Carly being close to Maxie bit.

• Like 4
(edited)

Carly and Maxie were not close when Maxie was younger. If anything, I recall Carly not liking Maxie much because Maxie and Lulu didn’t get along during Lulu’s mini Carly years. By the time Maxie/Lulu moved past their feud and became besties, Carly turned on Lulu for being with Dante. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Desperado said:

From Port Charles (NY) to Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Ontario (Canada) and back to Post Charles in a day (with a bleeding wound on ones head!).

Well they did somewhat address that for once.  When Maxie was looing for the reporter's business card  and Felicia came into the room, they talked about how it was now the next day and Felicia mentioned being slightly jet lagged.  

I thought it was funny that just because they were driving 'somewhere in Ontario" that they almost hit a moose.  I've lived "somewhere in Ontario" for more than 50 years and I have yet to see a real life moose.  They're not that common that they wouldn't just be wandering around on the road.  

33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But excuse me, Carly, you did NOT spend a lot of time with Maxie while Felicia wasn't a part of her daughter's life. 

Well, between being with Sonny and Jax and Sonny and Jason and Sonny and Lorenzo and Sonny and Jax and Sonny again, there might have been a mintue and a half when Carly wondered what Maxie was up to that day.  

33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

There didn't seem to be a reason why he wasn't at the funeral

TR sounded super stuff up like he had a cold, so maybe he was out sick when the church part was taped but back on set for the small part today.  Adam Huss posted online that they're back to masking on set, so maybe there's been outbreaks.  

Good to see so many fantastic flashbacks today.  what we've all been waiting for.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
39 minutes ago, Desperado said:

How gullible are we supposed to be? Is this a dream sequence?

The actor playing Lucas looks SO uncomfortable.

Oh my, that ending. I forgive you everything, show!! 😭😭👏🏻👏🏻

The wormhole stuff was making me crazy, too, but I'll give it a pass because of the ending. It got pretty dusty in my house at that point. 

However the whole time they were sitting in the Amsterdam cafe talking and then phoning others about the super secret team of people working to fight the sex traffickers was making me itch.  Couldn't they either have gone somewhere less public or had some throwaway line about everyone in there being part of the network? 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

I've lived "somewhere in Ontario" for more than 50 years and I have yet to see a real life moose.  They're not that common that they would just be wandering around on the road.  

In Northern Ontario they do, especially down roads to "cabins" in the evenings and early mornings (saw 2 on our road last summer!!). Now as far as the the word "cabin" , most people in Southern Ontario say "cottage" , around Sudbury area, people say "camp" so I think it is only in the far North West Ontario that they say cabin. So that is about a 15 hour drive from the major international airport in Toronto.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Carly going around asking "Do you know my mom?" reminded me of the children's book Are You My Mother? And of course she finds the contact three minutes after sitting in the cafe, lol. Way to be discreet, trafficking fighter. I hope that actor didn't think she was using a Dutch accent, because that certainly wasn't one.

Carly and Felicia certainly got to Ontario from Amsterdam in a jiffy. Those convenient wormholes!

3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But excuse me, Carly, you did NOT spend a lot of time with Maxie while Felicia wasn't a part of her daughter's life. Felicia never needed/asked for/wanted Carly's forgiveness, Show. 

Seriously. WTF was that about? It's okay that Carly doesn't have some sort of connection to every single person in Port Charles, Show. FFS. 

10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I did LOL when LW jumped back from Cornelia swinging the shovel, like she truly wasn't expecting that!!

All I could think was, Carly, tell Cornelia you are Bobbie's daughter right away. Ugh, what a terrible scene, especially after the great flashback of Bobbie taking care of Elizabeth after the rape. But of course Cornelia falls into Carly's arms in gratitude. Gah.

At any rate, that was quite the whirlwind trip and resolution.

RC probably had 10 lines total in the two days he was onscreen.

OH MY GOD. They are retconning the BJ story? I really hope I'm misunderstanding this.

the office no GIF

I knew they'd change the name of Kelly's to Bobbie's. NGL, I'm kind of bummed with that choice.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No on both counts. It's the old guard, mostly: Steve, Rick, Jessie, Tony, Lee, Gail, Britt, Epiphany, Bobbie. I probably forgot someone, but it will be someone who died a while ago.

A bit surprised if Kiki and Sabrina aren't on there, and I hate them (nor was I a big fan of Leyla). But oh well. It would be nice if we saw maybe a row of names below the big guns for these other characters.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's the old guard, mostly: Steve, Rick, Jessie, Tony, Lee, Gail, Britt, Epiphany, Bobbie. I probably forgot someone, but it will be someone who died a while ago.

Britt is on there.spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

She called him Champ and it made him freeze.  Was the nickname somehow special to him?

Yes, that was a nickname that BJ and Tony used to call Lucas when he was a child and Bobbie didn't really like it. 

• Like 5

When Ruby (Bobbie's aunt), who actually worked at Kelly's as well as owning it, died, I had kind of hoped they'd rename Kelly's after her.

It would have been more fitting than naming it Bobbie's when we only very rarely saw Bobbie there.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm so glad I was home today to watch.

FYI the 1/11/24 episode is MUCH better quality as a tribute to Bobbie. I choked up at ex-BJ aka reporter Angela interviewing Lucas, and the memories he shared of childhood with his parents and big sister, BJ.  RC and the actress Breighton both had tears in their eyes. That flashback of Bobbie telling off Tracy about Lucas was great. It looked like LH was struggling not to break down sobbing during the interview with reporter Angela. The Elizabeth-Angela interview, with Maxie at Elizabeth's side, was just beautiful. Great use of history that Elizabeth's trauma inspired her to become a nurse because of Bobbie's loving care. The flashback to Bobbie taking care of teen Elizabeth after the rape was perfectly timed there. 

Felicia's dig to Carly about her not getting invited to parties at the Brownstone way back when was great. So was her truth-telling about Carly re: Tony and Bobbie's split. But excuse me, Carly, you did NOT spend a lot of time with Maxie while Felicia wasn't a part of her daughter's life. Felicia never needed/asked for/wanted Carly's forgiveness, Show. 

The private good-bye scene between Lucas and ex-BJ, really the last 10 minutes of the Show made me cry and grin - and I say this as someone who can't stand Carly. RC, BH, KW, GF, LH, GF, KS, and K Storms all got to shine today and showed their love for JZ. And LW showed Carly being oh-so-surprised that there were aspects of her mother she never knew about. For once, it was not all about Carly and her grief. Awesome.

I really did not see the surprise about Angela/ex-BJ coming because Angela gave Maxie her business card before the episode started.

One question, why was Robert at the hospital with Anna? There didn't seem to be a reason why he wasn't at the funeral or why he's not emotional when he's been informed that Bobbie passed away - and why they didn't mention Robin. I did like Anna falling asleep on his shoulder.

That Carly/Felicia bit about her being close to Maxie & throwing Felicia abandoning Maxie & Georgie in her face like she took up motherhood of those girls irritated the hell out of me. I said the same thing on Twitter Carly & Maxie have never ever been close, they never had a relationship that was ShrewLu. When Felicia was gone it was Mac, Bobbie & Tony that looked out for those girls. I didn't appreciate them having Carly throw that in Felicia face. Not because it wasn't true but because she has no right. The only people allowed to throw it in her face are Maxie Mac Georgie Bobbie and Tony & it's been done already. It was also the audacity cause Carly took Mykill from AJ to raise him with a violent mobster & he got a cap in his head cause of it. So she is the last person to talk about anyone parenting. 

Anyways your post is spot on 💯

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2

Nothing will ever please everyone, and there were certainly some things that I missed seeing (like more reaction from Robert and maybe a flashback of Robert, Anna, young Robin and Bobbie)---but I thought this was a standout episode, and I especially appreciated that the memories spanned both the good and the bad.  I applauded Felicia for being honest with Carly about why she had never warmed up to her, and would love for Carly to revisit that conversation a few times down the road, to be reminded of how her actions have repercussions.  

Loved all of the reminiscing and accompanying flashbacks, especially loved Felicia's memory at the end, and the scene between her and Maxie, and then between Lucas and Angela.  (Did everyone notice that Maxie alternated between calling her Angela and Brighton?)  Was just waiting for a bell to ring.

The sign.  I guess it's okay, Paddy Kelly has been gone for a long time now.  But I don't associate Bobbie with the place except via Ruby.  So it was kind of blah to me.  

Couldn't get too excited about the speed of travel in an episode inhabited by an angel.  This is the show that brought us Casey the alien, once upon a time, after all.

4 hours ago, ciarra said:

IDK, isn't Bobbie's nursing legacy enough?  Does she need to be a human trafficking hero in her spare time?

Re: the trafficking connection---it goes way back.  Bobbie was trafficked as a teen, and then sometime during the 80s there was a whole storyline about a teen she was caring for running away and getting involved with traffickers.  Bobbie went undercover to rescue her.  So it sort of made sense to me.

Overall, kudos and thanks to the show and show writers for giving Bobbie a fitting sendoff.  I hope her memory will actually be preserved beyond the sign.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)

So Angel(a) Bright(on) was BJ 'on assignment' from Heaven to help those who Bobbie loved cope?  Sure, why not--but how did Felicia and Maxie key into that so quickly?  And I get that the actress's name is Brighton, but them calling her by the character's last name was weird. 

Minor quibble, because it worked for me.  Much moreso than all the Carly praise, which never takes a holiday.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

She called him Champ and it made him freeze.  Was the nickname somehow special to him?

Yes. He mentioned it in this very episode about 15 min before. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

OH MY GOD. They are retconning the BJ story? I really hope I'm misunderstanding this.

how? with what?  don't you dare Show. Don't you dare. 

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Alan!   The show continues to disrespect Stuart Damon even on their tribute wall. His photo is too small, and in black and white so it barely registers compared to the rest.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

the office no GIF

I knew they'd change the name of Kelly's to Bobbie's. NGL, I'm kind of bummed with that choice.

I didn't have that interpretation at all. I was suspicious when Maxie looked back toward Angela literally a second after looking down at her phone, and Angela was gone. No way a person walking away casually disappears that fast. Then  there is no record of reporter Angela when Felicia and Maxie investigate. Also, Angela reappears to say goodbye to Lucas, and calls him "Champ" with emphasis as soon as he starts to walk away from her. He instantly turns back but she's vanished. I thought the Show was making it clear that BJ's spirit had returned for the final good-bye to Bobbie. Angela never promised Maxie they would speak again/keep in touch, "seeing me" in the future to me means Maxie may just catch a glimpse as BJ's spirit checks in on her or Bobbie and Tony's graves, much as we see the late Georgie visit Maxie from time to time. 

I think renaming it "Bobbie's'" was a fitting tribute, and I love that Elizabeth re-painted the sign at Carly's request. That's a great way for Elizabeth to honor Bobbie's memory, in addition to nursing. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

how? with what?  don't you dare Show. Don't you dare. 

I think there’s been a misunderstanding here. BJ was clearly (to me) visiting Port Charles as an Angel.  She’s not alive and back from the dead. At least not now. 

Edited by Tartlet
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So Angel(a) Bright(on) was BJ 'on assignment' from Heaven to help those who Bobbie loved cope?  Sure, why not--but how did Felicia and Maxie key into that so quickly? 

Felicia and Maxie both investigated and Maxie couldn't find the business card, combined with the feelings they had from their interactions with Angela. The flashback to little BJ with Felicia, showing what BJ was like as a child Plus Angela looks like she could definitely be a grown-up BJ. Then the name - little Angel girl who passed away now = Angela. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Tartlet said:

I think there’s been a misunderstanding here. BJ was clearly (to me) visiting Port Charles as an Angel.  She’s not alive and back from the dead. At least not now. 

ahh. phew

thanks for that :)

46 minutes ago, JMO said:

I applauded Felicia for being honest with Carly about why she had never warmed up to her, and would love for Carly to revisit that conversation a few times down the road, to be reminded of how her actions have repercussions.  

It was typical Carly (of any era) that she didn't consider who besides her and her immediate target would be affected by her actions. I really liked that Felicia was able to tell Carly she was hurt on both sides, because Bobbie was her best friend and Tony was her brother-in-law. 

39 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So Angel(a) Bright(on) was BJ 'on assignment' from Heaven to help those who Bobbie loved cope?

Wait, what?! That's what this was? Man, I totally missed that, as is painfully (for me) obvious.

36 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think renaming it "Bobbie'" was a fitting tribute, and I love that Elizabeth re-painted the sign at Carly's request. That's a great way for Elizabeth to honor Bobbie's memory, in addition to nursing.

I did like this part.

• Like 1

My Facebook feed tells me that today is Human Trafficking Awareness Day, so good timing, GH!

I've seen a lot of social media gushing on the storyline today.  I'll agree it was worth a 'Bravo!', and for all that I criticize the current writers, I honor them for this.  But I also recognize that this storyline was actually written ten years ago, and twenty, and thirty, and forty years ago.  If not for all of that good storytelling, development of character and formation of deep relationships, we wouldn't have had today. 

I hope the current writers reflect on the wealth that was left to them, and that revisiting some of those stories in the process of selecting flashbacks ends up having some long term impact.  They've shown us today that they are more than capable.

PS  Kristina Wagner reposted a delightful video on her 'X' feed---Frisco feeding baby BJ, and then there's this sneeze.....

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I really liked that Felicia was able to tell Carly she was hurt on both sides, because Bobbie was her best friend and Tony was her brother-in-law. 

which on Carly is water off a duck's back because she won't grow/reflect on that whatsoever. 

naming Kelly's Bobbie's is a great tribute for JZ i feel. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Fuck!

My mom's been gone almost two months now.  Carly's last words before hanging up the new sign brought me to tears all over again.

These last two eppies were great, RIP Ms. Zeman....and especially you, Ma.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 16
  • Love 1

Overall, it was a lovely episode. But since I live to quibble:

It was bitchy of Carly to verbally retaliate to Felicia, saying Carly probably was standoffish prior to this because Felicia was a slutty runaway mom (in so many words). As you all pointed out, that "friendship" TL with Maxie doesn't really track, and the logic doesn't either. 

I don't call Twitter "X" and I'm not going to call Kelly's "Bobbie's." 

• Like 5

I enjoyed the episode, minus the whole human trafficking angle. I'm glad they FFed through it. 

I thought the last 10 minutes were the most impactful emotionally. For me at least. The realization from Maxie, Felicia and Lucas that BJ had come for a visit, though I'd like to know how Maxie and Felicia came to that conclusion.

The set decorators couldn't find a different green flower to put on the table at the cafe in Amsterdam? I found that extra annoying.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

I can't see who is under Alan but from top left its Edward, Steve, Lila, Rick, Tony, Alan, Gail, Britt, Jessie, Lucille (Audrey's sister/head nurse), person X, Epiphany and Bobbie. All were department heads so the lack of Kiki and Ron's insipid little pet make some sense.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I can't see who is under Alan but from top left its Edward, Steve, Lila, Rick, Tony, Alan, Gail, Britt, Jessie, Lucille (Audrey's sister/head nurse), person X, Epiphany and Bobbie. All were department heads so the lack of Kiki and Ron's insipid little pet make some sense.

I think that's Amy under Alan.  

• Like 1

Were we just recently bemoaning the child actors on GH?

Maxie learning she has BJ's heart.

OMG! Why are you people so determined to make me cry every day?!? Needless to say, that little girl really pulled off that scene. Wow.

I like the name change from Kelly's to Bobbie's, it seems appropriate.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I really liked everything at Bobbie's today (like the name change. Rose Kelly hasn't been on the show since the Carter administration). And as cheesy as it was the BJ reveal really got me.

I was less fond of the Carly/Felicia stuff. I would not equate Felicia being off canvas and not there for Carly's *cough* good friend Maxie to what Carly did to Bobbie. 

• Like 4

I liked Felicia's reasoning for not being close to Carly.  I wish it actually stuck instead now they need to be bffs. 

I liked a Frisco mention, Tony mentions, Bobbie and Lucy fighting about Scott and Damian Smith. 

Those flashbacks were good at least we got some. 

• Like 5

I'm old enough to remember when Carly was jealous of Kate howard (because of Jax) and somehow demanded that Jax hire Lulu as her assistant, even though Maxie already had the job.  Carly didn't give a fuck if Maxie got fired, as long as she had a spy in Kate's office, so fuck you, writers, with this "I am very close with Maxie" bullshit you're trying to sell.

• Like 9
  • Applause 7