Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

As I mentioned over on the 60th-anniversary thread, the only time we get to see Sonny ("180 pounds of pure muscle" according to Diane) personally beat up someone is with a frail senior citizen who recently recovered from a heart attack and is wearing a hearing aid. In a Church. Wow, our Leading Man, people.

Another thing, no true Mob Kingpin would deliver that kind of beating to a rival and leave him alive to tell the tale. Sonny isn't good enough to lick Tony Soprano's shoes.

I just laughed so hard, I didn't know Diane said that.  She must be doing meth!

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

It is weird how Bobbie barely featured on the show in recent years (only doing slightly better during the early days of RC’s tenure, memorably reminding Carly that she was lying about why she lied about Michael’s paternity when she was pretending it was about protecting Michael from the Quartermaines), and now Carly is talking about how it’s unfair for Nina to live while Bobbie is dead (because of the SEC plot, which is a bit odd as TB’s Carly ratted out Sonny to try to force him to leave the mob so it’s not like she’s never done something like this before).

• Like 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

It is weird how Bobbie barely featured on the show in recent years (only doing slightly better during the early days of RC’s tenure, memorably reminding Carly that she was lying about why she lied about Michael’s paternity when she was pretending it was about protecting Michael from the Quartermaines), and now Carly is talking about how it’s unfair for Nina to live while Bobbie is dead (because of the SEC plot, which is a bit odd as TB’s Carly ratted out Sonny to try to force him to leave the mob so it’s not like she’s never done something like this before).

IIRC, both TB and SJB Carlys won and lost on a regular basis (even Sonny did). It’s only when LW’s Carly came on board that she became Teflon Carly, never paying for her mistakes and becoming the Shero of Port Charles. 🤮 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Another thing, no true Mob Kingpin would deliver that kind of beating to a rival and leave him alive to tell the tale.

I'm pretty sure were heading towards a fugue state scenario for Sonny because he certainly looked confused as to why Dante would be arresting him.  

"It's all Nina's fault that she made a phone call and now Cyrus is in the hospital and poor poor claustrophobic Sonny has to sit in a cushy cell at the PCPD while Diane snarks at all the law enforcement.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
31 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm pretty sure were heading towards a fugue state scenario for Sonny because he certainly looked confused as to why Dante would be arresting him.  

"It's all Nina's fault that she made a phone call and now Cyrus is in the hospital and poor poor claustrophobic Sonny has to sit in a cushy cell at the PCPD while Diane snarks at all the law enforcement.  

Considering he shot Lorenzo and Carly as Carly was giving birth to Morgan without any legal repercussions, and nearly blew up Kristina with a car bomb only to punish her for it, I can see why Sonny would be confused why he’d face any ramifications for beating someone up when he never suffers consequences for his actions.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

the only time we get to see Sonny ("180 pounds of pure muscle" according to Diane) personally beat up someone is with a frail senior citizen who recently recovered from a heart attack and is wearing a hearing aid. In a Church. Wow, our Leading Man, people.

SEXY!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

As I mentioned over on the 60th-anniversary thread, the only time we get to see Sonny ("180 pounds of pure muscle" according to Diane) personally beat up someone is with a frail senior citizen who recently recovered from a heart attack and is wearing a hearing aid. In a Church. Wow, our Leading Man, people.

I remember when he strangled Edward Quartermaine with his tie.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Blackie said:

See note at top of page, I don.t think any posts are coming back

Ah, so that’s why all my posts from yesterday are gone?  I was so confused because I didn’t think I broke any forum rules!

18 hours ago, KittyQ said:

And as much as I think Cyrus is faking his new faith, he wasn't wrong when he told Laura that her "friend" Sonny is no better than the "old" (aka current) Cyrus. Which Laura, as the mayor, really should know.

Cyrus is horrible and I don’t blame Laura for not wanting him in her life, but he speaks a lot of truth.  

18 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Sonny's "how could you do this to me?" when Dante had him arrested for assaulting Cyrus was gold. Too bad there will be no further consequences.

Which is really weird since lately Dante and Sonny had come to an understanding of their chosen professions.  Sonny has literally said Dante might have to arrest him someday and that’s ok.  The writers have been in a time warp the last few days, and that’s not a good thing.

17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why is Laura shocked the mobster beat up someone?

It must take true acting skills to be able to act so shocked every single time this shit happens.   I would have so much more respect for everyone involved if they would just say “I know this guy is messed up but guess what I still love him”.  Just own it for god’s sake.

1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And let’s not forget hanging AJ from a meat hook because he was fat!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12
40 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

And let’s not forget hanging AJ from a meat hook because he was fat!

I know your post was meant to show how horrible Mooby is, but it was a different AJ hung from a meathook-to force him to give up his parental rights; Original AJ, Sean Kanan who reprised his role was fired because he was fat*.

*Bitter still, because this was done to re-hire Burton's ass after Carlivati fired him.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know your post was meant to show how horrible Mooby is, but it was a different AJ hung from a meathook-to force him to give up his parental rights; Original AJ, Sean Kanan who reprised his role was fired because he was fat*.

*Bitter still, because this was done to re-hire Burton's ass after Carlivati fired him.

I think they were just goofing around because of how ridiculous the show was about constantly mocking AJ’s weight instead of giving him a legitimate storyline. That said, I still remember BW’s poignant words about how AJ never seems to catch a break no matter who plays him after SK and GH parted ways.

• Like 13
22 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I still remember BW’s poignant words about how AJ never seems to catch a break no matter who plays him after SK and GH parted ways.

I think it became open season on AJ when BW took over the role, because now they had an actor who was physically smaller than SBu, and it didn't look so ridiculous to see Sonny threaten someone who was about his size (or a bit smaller). For whatever reason, Guza had a real mean streak wrt certain actors' physical appearance. I remember reading that MB checked in with BW after some especially cruel scenes.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sonny is just So Amazing that he just knew AJ was gonna get fat and he hung him on the meat hook preemptively 😉 

But yeah, AJ seemed to always get crapped on no matter who was playing him, all in favor of golden boy Jason.  I actually liked both Sean and Billy in the role.

• Like 10

Another thing, no true Mob Kingpin would deliver that kind of beating to a rival and leave him alive to tell the tale. Sonny isn't good enough to lick Tony Soprano's shoes.

Well I mean to be fair, Sonny leads the gummy bear mob and we're supposed to believe the GH mob isn't involved in drugs! GH mob has nothing on any other mob on any other show or movie!!

Nina is a traitor who went against Sonny's family? Good lawd.

I would have preferred a whole ep dedicated to Bobbi. I was never a huge Bobbi fan but she and JZ deserve a big tribute.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it became open season on AJ when BW took over the role, because now they had an actor who was physically smaller than SBu, and it didn't look so ridiculous to see Sonny threaten someone who was about his size (or a bit smaller). For whatever reason, Guza had a real mean streak wrt certain actors' physical appearance. I remember reading that MB checked in with BW after some especially cruel scenes.

BW said that his scenes and his character being called all sorts of names all the time took its toll on his mental health. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 16
10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

BW said that his scenes and his character being called all sorts of names all the time took its toll on his mental health. 

Jesus.  I wasn't watching back then.  This is horrible.  I hope that's not happening to Cynthia now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
On 1/6/2024 at 10:00 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

A true mob kingpin would have someone to do that for him.

17 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Well I mean to be fair, Sonny leads the gummy bear mob and we're supposed to believe the GH mob isn't involved in drugs! GH mob has nothing on any other mob on any other show or movie!!

My theory for years has been his coffee is grown on child-slave plantations and he smuggles it in to avoid being exposed.  But, maybe he uses the coffee to literally smuggle in the drugs like this.  But more likely he'll keep the drugs out of PC but he'll run them into other communities because he doesn't live there, why should he care?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yup!! I remember that article. He said it was hard coming in to work every day, knowing his character was never going to get a leg up and was gonna take a verbal beating from everyone including his own family members. No one supported AJ except in the early days of Courtney, and that only happened because Guza was gone at the time. The minute he came back, he ruined AJ/Courtney and put Jason with Courtney. 

But the lack of support AJ got from his family is a large reason I was never a huge fan of the Qs. I guess I missed the days when they were good. I only remember them supporting Jason and Sonny over AJ and telling AJ Sonny would be a better dad to Michael than him. I loved BW in the role. I was happy when he left. Guza seemed to have a personal beef with BW! Everyone punched down on him. He said he would never return to this show a year or so after he left when asked. He said it was a horrible experience. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Guza seemed to have a personal beef with BW!

Guza had a personal beef with a few of the actors: BW, SK (his AJ was the "fat" AJ), NLG (she didn't like that Alexis's lung cancer story was wrapped up so quickly and was vocal about it; Guza then wrote the execrable Dobson story), and probably a few more I can't remember at the moment. And then there was his general misogyny and deification of Jason. Who can forget the photos of him dressed like Jason, in a T-shirt and leather biker jacker? It would have be funnier if it wasn't so toxic.

The sad thing is Guza had some good ideas and wasn't a bad head writer for a while. But then he was indulged by the ABCD brass and his ego went haywire.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4

Oh look. Should I be grateful  that the show displayed all of those pictures of Bobbie instead of actual flashbacks while Anna and Felicia were reminiscing and remembering her?

Well I’m not.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I would have preferred a whole ep dedicated to Bobbi. I was never a huge Bobbi fan but she and JZ deserve a big tribute.

Spoiler

While I’m not sure the full episodes will be devoted to Bobbie, this coming Wednesday and Thursday’s episode descriptions lead me to believe they will. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 1/6/2024 at 8:05 AM, Daisy said:

and she's one step away from being stripped down naked and having Carly ring a bell screaming Shame, Shame, Shame. 

Don’t give the writers any ideas.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
On 1/4/2024 at 7:14 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Cyrus is the reason Sonny and Laura's mutual grandson is without his mother/ why Laura's daughter is in a coma. Cyrus also broke into the Robinson home and held civilian doctor Portia and her teenage daughter hostage at gun point.
He recently paid that same teenager a visit at her workplace, uninvited. She is now dating Sonny's nephew/Laura's eldest grandson. Why should Laura care about Sonny beating up Cyrus at a time when she is mourning the loss of a woman who has been her family member/friend for decades.

ETA: Carly calling someone else a selfish bitch is a pretty standard insult for her to direct at any of the love interests of the men she considers *hers.* She even called Robin a bitch, when Robin and Jason had been broken up for years. Ms. Brave and Strong is the master of grudge-holding.

In this case, I think she's still nursing a MAJORLY wounded ego that Sonny fell in love with Nina while he couldn't remember her.  And of course, she's furious she 'missed her chance' (in her mind) of being intimate with Jason again, when he was more than happy to give Sonny his wife back. Then she and Sonny split up, and she settles for a ... whatever you want to call that mess ... with Jason's back-from-the-dead 'twin brother' because Jason is presumed dead.  

Carly Prime is the most evil, self involved, loathsome creature in the GH-verse.  Yet she’s treated like a heroine.  At some point, she needs to be shot.  Like JR on Dallas.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
On 1/6/2024 at 10:31 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please. He thinks he’s MichaelFUCKING!Corleone when he’s actually Phillip Tataglia!

True.  Both are pimps.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 1/6/2024 at 11:27 AM, Ambrosefolly said:

I looked up that scene.  Sonny is a cowardly piece of shit for trying to strangle and elderly man like that.  And to top it off, he attacks from behind.  

But that’s how Sonny operates.  He’s a tough guy when he’s dealing with old men or shoving a gun in someone’s face who is unarmed.  Or has his goons do his dirty work.  Outside of that he’s just an unstable rageaholic piece of shit.

Now I see where Michael gets his sucker punching ways.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
On 1/6/2024 at 12:14 PM, CeChase said:

I just laughed so hard, I didn't know Diane said that.  She must be doing meth!

The "pure muscle" line was in the Claudia Zacchara era. Diane was pointing out that Sonny was so much bigger than Claudia, and some situation involving them would look bad with a jury. It was a great laugh and has stayed in the memories of all who watched that episode.  

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

(she didn't like that Alexis's lung cancer story was wrapped up so quickly and was vocal about it; Guza then wrote the execrable Dobson story),

Dobson (when Kristina was a baby) came a few years before the lung cancer, so it couldn't have been that, but I would buy that it was punishment for something. Awful story.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Dobson (when Kristina was a baby) came a few years before the lung cancer, so it couldn't have been that, but I would buy that it was punishment for something. Awful story.

Thanks for the time line correction, @Asp Burger

5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Correct. Dobson came during the Zander years (as an attempt to be close to baby Kristina) while the cancer storyline was during her romance with New Jerry. But Guza seemed to loathe Alexis for some reason and he allegedly hated that she became pregnant with Sonny’s child.

Allegedly Guza was going to have the child as a product of SA by Johnny (who basically had the role Max played for so many years afterward) but the actor who played him balked and he was written out by way of conspiring with Lorenzo Alcazar.

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

But Guza seemed to loathe Alexis for some reason and he allegedly hated that she became pregnant with Sonny’s child.

How dare she! So clearly not good enough for Sonny compared to Carly or Olivia [/s]

• LOL 4
On 1/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, Desperado said:

It’s only when LW’s Carly came on board that she became Teflon Carly, never paying for her mistakes and becoming the Shero of Port Charles. 🤮 

it's funny because when you point out Carly never suffers/pays for her crimes people will go "But she lost her hotel, but she lost Jason, bleh bleh." and I'm like i don't think you get it. She lost her hotel, but like 98 people were lining up to get it back for her. she lost Jason but Drew was right up there to fill that void. the best time to have crap blow up in her face was when she got caught lying about Willow.but that never happened either. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And she loves working at Kelly's

Even though she can't boil water.   Even suck-up Drew won't eat her cooking.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And she loves working at Kelly's, so losing the hotel was hardly a huge loss.

And she got it for the exorbitant price of a buck.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

exactly. like yeah she stumbled on the crack or whatever but it's never true legitimate. "yeah it's going to take me 3-4-5++ years to recover from this." if ever.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Stand firm Willow, don't give in and stop being mad at Michael too fast.

I hate how JZ's death is being used to make me feel sorry for Carly and Michael when they deserve to be yelled at.

Didn't Carly once slap Liz at Kelly's when she was working as a waitress there?  Something about Jason sleeping with Liz.

Could Diane be any more eager to get Sonny divorced from Nina? Even more than she wants to get him off the charges of assaulting Cyrus.

Yes Lucy, that's really respecting Bobbie, plotting to bring her sister-ih-law down.

Why is Cody's secret still going on? It's a nothingburger. When it gets out all will be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

And the show ends on Sonny going to Carly. The countdown clock for reunion #43456 is set.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Even more, she found her true self working for the little people with the hearts of gold instead of the Metro Court snobs.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
On 1/4/2024 at 7:45 PM, dubbel zout said:

had to kind of laugh when Sonny got home and sighed. Yes, it's exhausting to beat up people who don't fight back in a church.

He is getting a little old for such activities.

On 1/5/2024 at 8:55 PM, statsgirl said:

The only one that I can think of who regrets her mistakes and is trying to learn from them is Nina. Possibly Cyrus who Sonny just beat into a coma.  Peak hypocrisy, this show.

Not Cyrus. Cyrus is all an act.  I'm still holding out hope for Esme.  She looked genuine with her gratitude that Laura said she would go with her to turn herself in.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Cody's secret still going on? It's a nothingburger. When it gets out all will be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

I think the delay is due to JJY’s illness as we hope for the best possible outcome. 

I agree that Bobbie’s death is used to prop up the Mafia clan and I hate it. I hope for much better at the funeral. If Jason pops up there though, I will be beyond angry for JZ.

Lucy and Scotty reminiscing without flashbacks and with a ridiculous ending (destroy them Tracy!!) had no impact whatsoever. 

After Sonny getting bail because the old guy he beat up was “a convicted felon”, Esmé better get the royal treatment for a B&E.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Once again, no flashbacks when there should be some.  Liz at Kelly's talking about Bobbie being there during her darkest hour should have given us the flashback of Liz/Bobbie after the rape.  Maxie/Felicia at BJ's grave should have given us the Felicia/Bobbie flashback of the heart transplant.  But nope.  We did however have two Carly/LW flashbacks with Bobbie, one as recently as two years ago when Luke died.  UGH.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
On 1/6/2024 at 12:42 PM, Lobsel Vith said:

because of the SEC plot, which is a bit odd as TB’s Carly ratted out Sonny to try to force him to leave the mob so it’s not like she’s never done something like this before).

But, that's different because whatever Carly does is right.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, Desperado said:

IIRC, both TB and SJB Carlys won and lost on a regular basis (even Sonny did). It’s only when LW’s Carly came on board that she became Teflon Carly, never paying for her mistakes and becoming the Shero of Port Charles. 🤮 

I go through stages in watching and I saw some of the TB stuff, but SJB has always been Carly to me.  Yep, she didn't always win.  And, she had that poor, little lost girl quality that could sometimes almost make you feel bad for her even while she was doing bad stuff.  I saw her more as her own worst enemy than anything else.  LW's Carly is just so unbelievably arrogant that even if she were to never do anything wrong again, she would be unlikeable.  

On 1/6/2024 at 1:25 PM, perkie1968 said:

It's all Nina's fault that she made a phone call and now Cyrus is in the hospital and poor poor claustrophobic Sonny has to sit in a cushy cell at the PCPD while Diane snarks at all the law enforcement.  

That was actually stated seriously on one of the GH pages on FB.  

On 1/6/2024 at 3:16 PM, mostlylurking said:

Which is really weird since lately Dante and Sonny had come to an understanding of their chosen professions.  Sonny has literally said Dante might have to arrest him someday and that’s ok.  The writers have been in a time warp the last few days, and that’s not a good thing.

Well, when Dante apologized for it today, Sonny did say it was just his job, so I guess he was just in a mood last night.

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hate how JZ's death is being used to make me feel sorry for Carly and Michael when they deserve to be yelled at.

As far as Carly goes, i can feel bad for anyone losing a parent at any age.  Almost everyone will eventually have to go through it at some point, but that doesn't make it any less heartbreaking.   My feeling for her loss of her mother in no way negates the fact that I think she's an arrogant hypocrite.

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes Lucy, that's really respecting Bobbie, plotting to bring her sister-ih-law down.

To be fair, i don't think Bobbie and Tracy were all that close.  I find it weird that Lucy seems to be in charge of the funeral. Or at the least the flower aspect of it.  I don't mind Lucy's mixed feelings, or whatever.  She has known Bobbie for decades. But, it was a bit much with her being almost second head mourner after Carly. Felicia and Maxie aren't even crying as much as she is and you know they're devastated.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think they're hoping JJY will be back at some point. It does beg the question of why they bothered with Felicia doing the DNA test, though.  I guess because they already had her questioning it before JJY had to leave and they wanted a reason for her to stop being suspicious.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

That was actually stated seriously on one of the GH pages on FB.  

Yep.  Something along the lines of if Sonny gets arrested, than it's Nina's fault for making the call.  Because she's responsbile for Sonny's lack of self control or the inability to be a law abiding citizen.  They also blamed Nina for Charlotte's shooting, that if she hadn't erased the video footage than Anna wouldnt have shot Charlotte.  I'm pretty sure Nina is also the one who fed Elvis those peanut butter and banana sandwiches that probably ultimetely killed him.  

13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I guess because they already had her questioning it before JJY had to leave and they wanted a reason for her to stop being suspicious.

They drop storylines at the drop of that hat, all the time.  Would anyone have noticed or cared if Felicia sudenly was no longer pursuing Cody's paternity?  Especailly since we're dealing with Bobbie's death?  It made no sense that they would continue this unless it was more to bring Sasha and Cody together since they're criminals together now.  

• Like 5
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I like that Felicia immediately told Cody she ran another DNA test on him to compare to Mac. But zzz that this is still going on. I'm pretty sure Mac would do everything to keep any charges being brought.

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I find it weird that Lucy seems to be in charge of the funeral. Or at the least the flower aspect of it. 

I think the flower thing was Lucy doing it for herself, not to take over planning the funeral.

Also, do flowers go out of season these days? I see tulips all year-round, and they're technically spring blooms. You just pay more for the more exotic stuff.

12 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Even though she can't boil water.   Even suck-up Drew won't eat her cooking.

I had to laugh when she told Elizabeth she could make her a BLT. I wouldn't trust her to do something that simple.

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

Well, when Dante apologized for it today, Sonny did say it was just his job, so I guess he was just in a mood last night.

Beating up an old man so badly he's in guarded condition in the hospital can to that.

9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Once again, no flashbacks when there should be some.

I wonder if they're saving them for Wednesday. (My cable guide says "The town of Port Charles mourns the loss of their beloved friend Bobbie Spencer.") I get they want to have other stories going on at the same time, but the pacing is terrible, as usual.

• Like 3

I had to laugh when she told Elizabeth she could make her a BLT

That was to shine her halo, that poor grieving Carly can still put together a sandwich for someone.  

Beating up an old man so badly he's in guarded condition in the hospital can to that.

It certainly leaves me winded, that's for sure!

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if they're saving them for Wednesday

I wondered that too, but I would think they would be more organic, showing them as the characters are talking about that situation.  Eh, who am I kidding this memorial will be all Carly all the time.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

I actually came on here to comment on one specific thing and of course, that's the thing I forgot to say. It's like when I go to the grocery store for one item and come back with 5, none of them being the one I made the trip for.

I'm definitely an "honesty is the best policy" kind of person. So, I'm not saying Michael continuing the cover up was good. But, Joss acting like this was an especial betrayal of Carly, or that he hurt her somehow. Carly knowing really changes nothing, other than her having one more reason to hate Nina.  And, she already  hated her to capacity, so I'm going to go ahead and say it changed nothing for Carly.  Won't even make her like Ned any better.  I feel Michael lying to Willow was way worse mostly because he was blackmailing Nina into staying away from her and that is some toxic controlling behavior.  

• Like 12
6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Carly knowing really changes nothing, other than her having one more reason to hate Nina.  And, she already  hated her to capacity, so I'm going to go ahead and say it changed nothing for Carly. 

In the vein of "it's Nina's fault that Sonny beat up Cyrus and has to sit in a claustrophobic jail cell' (although it seems to me that all of PC's jail cells are open to people talking to each other through the bars), Michael was actually protecting Carly because raging at Nina would have caused her blood pressure to go higher and led to a stroke.

So good work there, Michael, caring for your mother.

51 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I think the delay is due to JJY’s illness as we hope for the best possible outcome.

Good point, I'd forgotten about that. But they should have just dropped it and used the time for Bobbie flashbacks.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
17 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I feel Michael lying to Willow was way worse mostly because he was blackmailing Nina into staying away from her and that is some toxic controlling behavior.  

not even lying there are people thinking it's hypocritical that Willow is standing up for herself against Michael for this because when Willow was treating Nina this way people thought she was a cow for not giving Nina a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
(edited)

It’s telling to see all that they’ve chosen to feature last week and today yet characters like Lucas, Felicia, Maxie and Liz found out about Bobbie’s death offscreen.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Once again, no flashbacks when there should be some.  Liz at Kelly's talking about Bobbie being there during her darkest hour should have given us the flashback of Liz/Bobbie after the rape.  Maxie/Felicia at BJ's grave should have given us the Felicia/Bobbie flashback of the heart transplant.  But nope.  We did however have two Carly/LW flashbacks with Bobbie, one as recently as two years ago when Luke died.  UGH.  

I KNEW IT!

• Sad 6
26 minutes ago, Katy M said:

It's like when I go to the grocery store for one item and come back with 5, none of them being the one I made the trip for.

It me, and the thing I forget is something I really need at the time, like milk. Gah.

8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

characters like Lucas, Felicia, Maxie and Liz found out about Bobbie’s death offscreen

I'm okay with this. I would find it a bit repetitive to see people hear the news and then express shock, regret, etc. No one would say, "Thank god!" News like this is something that would make its way around town pretty quickly anyway. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm pretty sure Nina is also the one who fed Elvis those peanut butter and banana sandwiches that probably ultimetely killed him.  

I mean, we have no proof she didn't, so...

• LOL 15